PDA

View Full Version : Tags

Spoonsky
05-10-2015, 01:18 AM
I was thinking that these could serve a use beyond lolling at Harold. People have occasionally suggested subforums for things like football or music but I think the better way to do it would just be to have tags for those different things. So a "music" thread for all music threads, "football" for all football, "politics" for all politics etc. It would make it a lot easier to search for certain threads I think.

phonics
05-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Do it then?

Henry
05-10-2015, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't mind expanding the number of forums to be honest. Maybe a separate football one.

phonics
05-10-2015, 09:43 AM
No thanks, this place can be depressing enough without a forum full of Harold shouting at people.

Giggles
05-10-2015, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't mind expanding the number of forums to be honest. Maybe a separate football one.

We don't have even 10% of the user base for this. Start fragmenting up so few users and you're just slitting the throat of the whole place.

Why not try various filter tags like the [FOOTBALL] one we had in The Dugout but keep at the stuff on one page? [FOOTBALL] [SPORT] [TV & FILM] [MUSIC] [TECH] [POLITICS] [LIFE] (fuck off, things love, relationships, health, etc) [MISC CHAT] would cover most.

Personally I think that's even too much though. Fine as is.

Magic
05-10-2015, 09:47 AM
You can tell losers like Henry who don't frequent bigger forums because they always come up with ill thought out disastrous ideas like that.

Henry
05-10-2015, 01:23 PM
You can tell losers like Henry who don't frequent bigger forums because they always come up with ill thought out disastrous ideas like that.

I do frequent bigger forums, though why doing or not doing this makes me a "loser" is unclear. Calm yourself down.

Boydy
05-10-2015, 02:39 PM
It's fine how it is. We're not busy enough for more subforums or even for loads of unnecessary tags on thread titles.

igor_balis
05-10-2015, 03:01 PM
It reminds me of being 14 and deciding to spend half an afternoon selecting genres to set all my music to in the ID3 tags. At the end of it I realised it was a completely mindless waste of time, in the same way this would be. The only time tags are worthwhile are for special one-off things like wdytoes and awards so you can easily find them, but even then you can usually google it. And good stuff ends up in the archive anyway.

Benny
05-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Scouse needs an automatic tag to his posts, [TWAT].

Giggles
05-10-2015, 03:24 PM
:D What exactly happened there?