PDA

View Full Version : The Summer Transfer Thread [17 May - 9 August]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

phonics
15-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Starting early because of World Cup and shorter transfer window.

Looks like Arsenal are doing their deals before they've even got a manager in and going full Mediterranean/Unspellable with their purchases.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Caglar Söyüncü (no I have no idea how to say it either), Jean-Michel Seri (if a decent team don't go for him) and a Keeper to come in and Mustafi, Ramsey, Ospina at the minimum out.

I would have cried to see Ramsey go to United a year or two ago but now they've got about 40 players in that position so it's not as bad (although maybe Sanchez being there and them absolutely hating each other throws a spanner in it). Still think that's where he'll end up though, he thinks he's a Barcelona tier player but I don't think they do.

Danny
15-05-2018, 08:04 PM
Highlight from last years thread

£10 on Rooney getting 30+ goals.

:rosebud:

Magic
15-05-2018, 08:34 PM
Allardyce ruined that for me.

John
15-05-2018, 08:38 PM
Thirty five million quid for a twenty one year old Turkish defender is just about the most Arsene Wenger way you could imagine to spend that sort of money.

Lewis
15-05-2018, 08:38 PM
Cannot wait. Get the shitty cup finals out the way, and the bollocks World Cup, and we can get down to the real business.

Jimmy Floyd
15-05-2018, 09:55 PM
In the expectation that Chelsea don't magically have an amazing window, I'd quite like to see us properly balls it up, end up with comedy panic Frenchmen, a couple of losers from whichever is the World Cup surprise team, and maybe a beanpole striker direct from the Argentinian league, and insert ourselves into the bottom half. It would be good sport.

Adramelch
15-05-2018, 10:06 PM
Thirty five million quid for a twenty one year old Turkish defender is just about the most Arsene Wenger way you could imagine to spend that sort of money.

Isn't spending loads of cash on unproven youngsters the new trend regardless of manager though?

SincereTheRebel
16-05-2018, 06:29 AM
Ribery and Robben both have signed one-year extensions at Munich. Robert has had a great season. Both are 50 years old now and still going strong. Leon Bailey is the fast winger they are all after. Don't know where he fits in now.

Adamski
16-05-2018, 07:27 AM
Rangers being linked with Connor Goldson from Brighton. What’s he like Reg?

niko_cee
16-05-2018, 07:29 AM
Class.

Dodgy heart though.

Adamski
16-05-2018, 07:32 AM
Couldn’t remember your exact username to tag as well.

Yeah seen that, haven’t ever heard of him before tbh. Take it he played a lot in the championship?

niko_cee
16-05-2018, 08:26 AM
He was always behind Dunk and Duffy in the pecking order, but whenever I saw him play he looked good. Before that heart thing, and before Duffy was signed they had high hopes for him. Quality on the ball, reads the game well, but is big and reasonably athletic as well. He would be quality in Scotland.

Disco
16-05-2018, 08:35 AM
Going to Scotland with an existing heart condition is a bold move.

niko_cee
16-05-2018, 08:40 AM
:D

In other Brighton defender news, I continue to be amazed (as I was last summer) that one of the 'big boys' hasn't come in for Dunk. Made Garth Crooks not-at-all biased team of the season and everything. If/when Spurs sell Alderweireld they should definitely go for him. Would obviously take big money now, but he's a far better player than Michael Keane is/was, or Harry Maguire.

Baz
16-05-2018, 08:47 AM
Thirty five million quid for a twenty one year old Turkish defender is just about the most Arsene Wenger way you could imagine to spend that sort of money.He’s class on FM.

SincereTheRebel
16-05-2018, 01:52 PM
I don't believe this arteta as the next arsenal manager. May as well run with cazorla as his assistant.

randomlegend
16-05-2018, 03:13 PM
Made Garth Crooks not-at-all biased team of the season and everything.

Whether Dunk is that good or not I don't know (I only watch Utd games tbh) but Garth Crooks' teams are universally retarded.

John
16-05-2018, 03:28 PM
Whether Dunk is that good or not I don't know (I only watch Utd games tbh) but Garth Crooks' teams are universally retarded.

Not this year. He seems to be over whatever mania it was that had him picking Deeney as a central midfielder.

randomlegend
16-05-2018, 04:01 PM
Lot of rumours of Alex Sandro to United. 12 months ago I'd have been ecstatic at that but apparently he's been absolute shit for Juve this year.

SincereTheRebel
16-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Lot of rumours of Alex Sandro to United. 12 months ago I'd have been ecstatic at that but apparently he's been absolute shit for Juve this year.

He didn't make the brazil squad either.

Lewis
16-05-2018, 04:13 PM
Elsewhere United and MLILY, the club's official mattress and pillow provider, have signed a new contract. Quality signing that.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-05-2018, 04:13 PM

Brazil squads are always mental though.

randomlegend
16-05-2018, 04:14 PM

The reasoning I've read for that is that Marcelo is the better attacking full-back and they take Filipe Luis as a more defensive option. Although it may well just be that he's been shit this season.

Lewis
16-05-2018, 04:41 PM
Danny Rose must be gutted.

Kikó
16-05-2018, 05:17 PM
He's not Brazilian mate.

niko_cee
16-05-2018, 05:33 PM
Being considered inferior to Marcelo and some long haired pensioner is hardly a ringing endorsement of a player. Particularly one who was being touted around for mega money last summer.

Spuds will be laughing when they get Shaw and a load of cash for Rose.

randomlegend
16-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Marcelo is brilliant, the fuck are you on about :cab:

SincereTheRebel
16-05-2018, 07:13 PM
Marcelo seems to have stepped it up a level over the past few years from an offensive standpoint. As always Brazilians defensively, are mad suspect.

Spikey M
17-05-2018, 06:33 AM
Brazil don’t breed defenders. They breed strikers, wingers and attacking midfielders. If you’re not good enough to pull off one of those positions you just get chucked somewhere else.

phonics
17-05-2018, 08:09 AM
The 'Brazillians can't defend' is the worst cliche. It's not 1970. Casimeiro will be playing in his 4th Champions League final in 5 years next week, just for starters.

niko_cee
17-05-2018, 08:13 AM
The also have top quality centre-halves and even 'keepers sometimes (more often than we do anyway, and weren't we the home of good goalkeeping?).

But then they also have David Luiz and Marcelo so it's swings and roundabouts.

SincereTheRebel
17-05-2018, 08:33 AM
It wasn't that long ago they embarrassed the national against germany.

niko_cee
17-05-2018, 08:34 AM
Dembele being touted around by Barcelona is fairly lol if true, although I have no idea how they plan to shift him. Probably a 'long loan' somewhere (Munich or Juve seem to like those) so he can be written off over time. Top signing.

phonics
17-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Dembele being touted around by Barcelona is fairly lol if true, although I have no idea how they plan to shift him. Probably a 'long loan' somewhere (Munich or Juve seem to like those) so he can be written off over time. Top signing.
He had to sack the chef they hired for him because he was taking notes on his life, who'd come over, what time etc. and sending them back to the club. Mental.

SincereTheRebel
17-05-2018, 08:39 AM
They may as well bring back Adama Traore who is looking like a decent winger now if he can work on his end product. Probably why barca got rid of him actually.

CJay
17-05-2018, 08:50 AM
The 'Brazillians can't defend' is the worst cliche. It's not 1970. Casimeiro will be playing in his 4th Champions League final in 5 years next week, just for starters.

You just make stuff up for fun, don’t you.

phonics
17-05-2018, 08:51 AM
Did he not play in the first one against Atleti?

CJay
17-05-2018, 08:52 AM
Nah, that was before his time as a regular.

phonics
17-05-2018, 08:54 AM
I amend my post to say '3rd Champions League final in 3 years'. I'm not sure it changes the sentiment.

niko_cee
17-05-2018, 09:05 AM
They may as well bring back Adama Traore who is looking like a decent winger now if he can work on his end product. Probably why barca got rid of him actually.

Ah, the old, if only he was any good at football one. Shame he isn't, particularly. Career trajectory doesn't go Barcelone - Villa - Boro if you are any good. He's just another one who was good at youth level based on physicality.

-james-
17-05-2018, 09:22 AM
Traore is probably one of the best dribblers in the world, but yeah, not so good at the other stuff.

Spikey M
17-05-2018, 09:24 AM
I amend my post to say '3rd Champions League final in 3 years'. I'm not sure it changes the sentiment.

We’re about to witness Jordan Henderson play in a Champions League final, but I take your point.

Mellberg
17-05-2018, 09:24 AM
He is ridiculous at dribbling. Just got Alan Huttoned over 180 minutes though, so should probably take a look at himself.

SincereTheRebel
17-05-2018, 09:56 AM
Players who deals expires in the summer and may leave

Pepe Reina (Napoli)
Iker Casillas (Porto)
Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)
Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus)
Andrea Barzagli (Juventus)
Kwadwo Asamoah (Juventus)
Yohan Cabaye (Crystal Palace)
Yaya Toure (Manchester City)
Emre Can (Liverpool)
Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)
Hatem Ben Arfa (PSG)
Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United)
Fernando Torres (Atletico Madrid)
Mario Balotelli (Nice)

SvN
17-05-2018, 10:02 AM
Buffon has confirmed he's leaving Juve, but no word on whether he's retiring or not.

niko_cee
17-05-2018, 10:03 AM
I see he's been linked with Liverpool this morning.

That would be lol on a number of levels.

Spikey M
17-05-2018, 10:05 AM
That would finish him like Sweeper Keepering finished Joe Hart.

SvN
17-05-2018, 10:10 AM

Jesus Christ :D

phonics
17-05-2018, 10:28 AM
I'm starting to take Buffons side in all this now.

Jimmy Floyd
17-05-2018, 11:59 AM
If he wasn't from a nation that people inexplicably hero worship then he'd be getting it from everywhere.

Mazuuurk
17-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Chiellini for free would be a steal, just to have him in your squad feels like it must inspire the rest of the defence.

SincereTheRebel
17-05-2018, 12:25 PM
If the Juventus manager leaves, you would think it would be ideal for Buffon and Chiellini to follow. That being said, Chiellini to Man Utd.

phonics
17-05-2018, 12:27 PM
Chiellini for free would be a steal, just to have him in your squad feels like it must inspire the rest of the defence.

That's what they said about Bonucci.

SincereTheRebel
17-05-2018, 01:04 PM
Listening to the buffon press conference. It was hard as the female interpretare uses the sound "ermmmmm" more than i do.

It may be just me but these legends in my opinion, ruin their CVs when they leave elite clubs and go play somewhere else for a year or too. The likes of xavi, raul, gerrard and lampard CV looks trash now with random garbage clubs at the end of it like they were playing in the 70s. Rio went and played for QPR for a season when he left man utd. I understand they still have the desire and hungar to play and it must be difficult to walk away from a cheque that is being waved at you from different continents.

SvN
17-05-2018, 01:08 PM
Noone is going to remember Gerrard for his stint at LA Galaxy, or Xavi for his time in Qatar.

Spikey M
17-05-2018, 01:09 PM
Nobody remembers Rio for QPR and nobody will remember Rooney for (his second stint at) Everton.

Spikey M
17-05-2018, 01:10 PM
Ffs

Mazuuurk
17-05-2018, 01:36 PM

It it was probably true (But Bonucci is not Chiellini). But Milan has had a plethora of other problems so it's not like a player like that is a miracle cure for anything either.

But imagine the wonders it could work having a player like that in a team like Arsenal, who have such a lack of leaders with a bit of spirit.

John
17-05-2018, 01:55 PM

Defence hasn't been Milan's problem this year, on average they've conceded about a goal a game which isn't bad. They just haven't scored nearly enough.

phonics
17-05-2018, 02:22 PM
It it was probably true (But Bonucci is not Chiellini). But Milan has had a plethora of other problems so it's not like a player like that is a miracle cure for anything either.

But imagine the wonders it could work having a player like that in a team like Arsenal, who have such a lack of leaders with a bit of spirit.

Koscielny, captain of France. Mertesacker, captain of Germany (I think?). Xhaka, captain of Switzerland (right? he was captain at Gladbach at least). Ramsey, captain of Wales. PASHUN and LEADERSHIP doesn't win games and it's the dumbest cliche.

niko_cee
17-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Gone off the cliff, never plays, is just awful, is Ramsay really the Welsh captain?

phonics
17-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Gone off the cliff, never plays, is just awful, is Ramsay really the Welsh captain?

Exactly, your football ability matters a lot more than 'leadership' ever will. Who wants a 34 year old Chiellini turning up in the PL for the first time ever. He'd get rinsed.

I remember stories of Gary Speed making him captain at 17 or something.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-05-2018, 02:30 PM
He was when Gary Speed (RIP) was captain but it's not Ashley Williams who has been complete turd for the last couple of seasons.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-05-2018, 02:35 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Germany_national_football_team#Capt ains

Mertesacker has never been captain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_France_national_football_team_captains

Koscielny has never been captain.

Xhaka has captain Switzerland only a couple of times.

phonics
17-05-2018, 02:38 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Germany_national_football_team#Capt ains

Mertesacker has never been captain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_France_national_football_team_captains

Koscielny has never been captain.

Xhaka has captain Switzerland only a couple of times.

I stand corrected.

Lewis
17-05-2018, 02:42 PM
How do you even function mate?

Pepe
17-05-2018, 02:45 PM
His shiny 'kicks' keep him going.

phonics
17-05-2018, 02:48 PM
His shiny 'kicks' keep him going.

My lack of them is why I'm being destroyed left and right.

Spikey M
17-05-2018, 02:53 PM
You might be able to get by on ‘reading the game’ in Italy, but none of these ageing Italian defenders could deal with the Premiership. I mean, Roma haven’t (hadn’t?) conceded at home all season until Liverpool turned up and lol’d at them.

Mazuuurk
17-05-2018, 03:00 PM
Koscielny, captain of France. Mertesacker, captain of Germany (I think?). Xhaka, captain of Switzerland (right? he was captain at Gladbach at least). Ramsey, captain of Wales. PASHUN and LEADERSHIP doesn't win games and it's the dumbest cliche.

You're being a bit obstinate now. Leadership is key to maintaining form and doing comebacks etc throughout a season for a team, everyone knows that. It's not the only thing that "wins games" but you know, Arsenal currently doesn't "win games" either.

Being Captain doesn't mean you're a leader. Arsenal change their captain all the time, which is a terrible sign.
Hell, I saw a game recently where the Armband changed person 3 times in a game.

Hell, one of the better stints of form the club had in the past few years was when they brought Flamini back who seemed to get people going just by trying to orchestrate a little bit, regardless of being quite shit himself.

phonics
17-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Ah yes, that year he lead us to finishing behind Leicester I look back and I think, why can't we do that again.

I remember him coming on against Barcelona, taking the game by the scruff of the neck by giving away a penalty within 30 seconds. What a leader.

Spikey M
17-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Can I call you on being triggered now?

phonics
17-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Or this one:

https://i.imgur.com/Chm14JO.png

Christ he was dog shit that season.

Mazuuurk
17-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Because we're way to shit to possibly finish even in 2nd these days.

Mazuuurk
17-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Long time ago, Spikes.

phonics
17-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Can I call you on being triggered now?

A compilation of Flamini fuck ups from that season should definitely come with a trigger warning, yes.

Mazuuurk
17-05-2018, 03:14 PM
I meant the start of the 2013/14 season btw, Phonics.

Spikey M
17-05-2018, 03:16 PM
Passion, fight and everything else West Ham trade in doesn’t win anything long term, but short term in cups, relegation battles and derbys they can be the difference. That said, you need an Allardyce or another short term chancer to make it work. Otherwise the managers rousing speech is going to come across as a bit David Brent.

Disco
17-05-2018, 03:47 PM
Twitter were bang on. Phonics out.

Reg
17-05-2018, 05:29 PM
Rangers being linked with Connor Goldson from Brighton. What’s he like Reg?
Niko summed it up really. Looks a very good player (not played an awful lot). Calm, good on the ball. Maybe not as good at the heading, tussling, throw your body in the vague direction of the ball type stuff that Dunk and Duffy enjoy.

In other Brighton defender news, I continue to be amazed (as I was last summer) that one of the 'big boys' hasn't come in for Dunk. Made Garth Crooks not-at-all biased team of the season and everything. If/when Spurs sell Alderweireld they should definitely go for him. Would obviously take big money now, but he's a far better player than Michael Keane is/was, or Harry Maguire.
I don't think he's good enough for first choice at one of the top six. And playing in a high line and having fifty-yard races with attackers is a different game to the 'whole team in your own half' thing.

Smiffy
17-05-2018, 06:02 PM
Is asking too much for a third successful transfer window? The last two have been awesome in hindsight. Even Chamberlain was starting to look decent.

randomlegend
17-05-2018, 07:01 PM
If Dembele really is available I hoped we go for him. Could solve our right-wing disaster for the next 10 years.

Baz
17-05-2018, 07:12 PM
I see he's been linked with Liverpool this morning.

That would be lol on a number of levels.

Stan Collymore said it a few months ago: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5449661/Liverpool-make-offer-Gianluigi-Buffon.html

This was before Karius grew hands though so I'm no longer on board.

Lewis
17-05-2018, 07:21 PM
Even if Barcelona need the money for Antoine Griezmann (and can they need it that desperately?), you think that they would flush out Luis Suarez and some others rather than your apparently shit hot twenty-one year old. Unless he's a FRAUD. Or a cunt. Or both.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-05-2018, 07:24 PM
They need to get back all that money they blew on him.

Lewis
17-05-2018, 07:29 PM
Scouse Maths dictates that Liverpool are in pole position because Barcelona owe them money.

Giggles
17-05-2018, 08:11 PM
Everyone owes them something.

Baz
18-05-2018, 06:54 AM
The best thing about the Griezmann news is hopefully it means they won’t come sniffing around Firmino anytime soon.

SincereTheRebel
18-05-2018, 07:44 AM
Its salah you need to worry about lad. Probably need to give him a new deal, if Liverpool haven't already

Shindig
18-05-2018, 07:54 AM
Yeah, if he can bang in 30-odd against 'English defences', that's worth 50 in Spain.

niko_cee
18-05-2018, 08:09 AM
If Dembele really is available I hoped we go for him. Could solve our right-wing disaster for the next 10 years.

Now, where have I heard this before?

Not that I think Dembele is doomed to be another Shaw-type, but I also don't really believe anyone is going to get close to offering Barcelona a face-saving amount for him so he'll probably have to stay or go somewhere on loan. Unless they are willing to take the mother of all losses and shift him for around a third of what they paid for him.

Mazuuurk
18-05-2018, 08:18 AM
So, what has happened with Dembele? Wasn't he supposed to be the bees knees?

niko_cee
18-05-2018, 08:40 AM
He was (what?) 19 coming off his first full season in a major league. To expect him to be Neymar's replacement was beyond mental and to pay £100m+ for him was absolute lunacy. Then he got injured so things kind of went from there. They should have just waited for Coutinho, who was at a far better point in his career to make such a move. Dembele may turn out to be a star, but I doubt he's going to show it at Barcelona as the expectations are unrealistic.

Mazuuurk
18-05-2018, 08:47 AM
Also seems odd to buy such a young player for so much and then not even give them a season to settle in. The whole point of buying young players (for too much money) is the idea that in the long term the investment will pay off, no?

-james-
18-05-2018, 08:54 AM
He's been injured for a good half of the season, it seems a bit harsh to write him off. Mbappe is younger and cost more, and there's a lot less criticism of his fee.

niko_cee
18-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Mbappe plays for a pointless team in a pointless league, so no one really cares.

-james-
18-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Fair point.

SincereTheRebel
18-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Mbappe plays for a pointless team in a pointless league, so no one really cares.

Stop it. We care. You cannot deny he looks like an outstanding player. Only time will tell if he ends up like Ronaldinho or Robinho.

niko_cee
18-05-2018, 09:19 AM
I would agree Barcelona are mad if they are thinking of getting rid of Dembele. He's barely had a chance there, is young, and it's not like they've had a bad season. The pressure of being the big name Neymar replacement will have gone to an extent next season (Coutinho is there, probably someone else too) and if that someone else if Griezmann and they need to 'balance the books' they'd probably be better off looking at moving Suarez on. I don't know what sort of fee he would command, but it probably wouldn't be massively different from what they might get for Dembele.

Lewis
18-05-2018, 10:52 AM
They could probably recover something like eighty million for Dembele if a wealthy club got involved (and didn't have to do it as one of those scam loan arrangements), which, since most of his add-ons won't have been met yet, wouldn't be the worst bit of business (once everyone forgets it like Dire Maria).

SincereTheRebel
18-05-2018, 10:56 AM
There was a good video someone posted quite recently, explaining modern transfers and how man utd made profit on dire maria after just one season.

Excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHgRiDvPzNY

Mazuuurk
18-05-2018, 12:04 PM
That's all well and good, but at the end of the day they still aren't making an actual profit on these players (I mean the money still has to be paid in full at some point). So, while it gives clubs some leeway to play around with re: FFP, given that teams basically spend a shitload of transfers every transfer window, pushing around when to account for what shouldn't end up mattering that much in the long run anyway, right?

Disclaimer: I've no real clue how this all works.

niko_cee
18-05-2018, 12:56 PM
They could probably recover something like eighty million for Dembele if a wealthy club got involved (and didn't have to do it as one of those scam loan arrangements), which, since most of his add-ons won't have been met yet, wouldn't be the worst bit of business (once everyone forgets it like Dire Maria).

Like who though? Barcelona aren't in a strong position if they want rid of him, and that is paramount in inflating fees. It's why they paid so much in the first place.

If you believe the leaked details of his transfer it was €105m plus up to €40m of add-ons (of which 'only' €5m have been met as they've won the league) - so they're in for €110m if he never plays for them again. I think they'll be lucky to see half of that back in actual cash (and not the much heralded add-ons). They need someone to lose a big name player for a lot of money to exploit . . .

As you said, I'm sure Barcelona 'owe' Liverpool a fuckton of cash from the Coutinho deal.

Pepe
18-05-2018, 12:56 PM
Stop it. We care. You cannot deny he looks like an outstanding player. Only time will tell if he ends up like Ronaldinho or Robinho.

Which of those two had a shorter peak?

niko_cee
18-05-2018, 12:57 PM
I wasn't aware Robinho had a peak. Was that at Santos?

Diego. :(

SincereTheRebel
18-05-2018, 01:01 PM
Ronaldinho reached the mountain top. Robinho didnt.

Lewis
18-05-2018, 02:55 PM
Like who though? Barcelona aren't in a strong position if they want rid of him, and that is paramount in inflating fees. It's why they paid so much in the first place.

If you believe the leaked details of his transfer it was €105m plus up to €40m of add-ons (of which 'only' €5m have been met as they've won the league) - so they're in for €110m if he never plays for them again. I think they'll be lucky to see half of that back in actual cash (and not the much heralded add-ons). They need someone to lose a big name player for a lot of money to exploit . . .

As you said, I'm sure Barcelona 'owe' Liverpool a fuckton of cash from the Coutinho deal.

United would be the obvious candidate (especially if Anthony Martial goes), but others would emerge if there was a genuine possibility of him leaving.

Lewis
18-05-2018, 04:13 PM
Justin Kluivert listing Ajax trying to sell him to Tottenham in his airing of grievances is pretty lol. United are supposedly interested, so watch out for him being MIND GAMED into tracking back with off-hand references to his old man killing someone.

niko_cee
19-05-2018, 07:20 AM
Who is this Nabil Fekir chap and is he any good? I see he's in the France World Cup squad.

SincereTheRebel
19-05-2018, 07:41 AM
Is that the guy who plays for Marseille? Left-footed midfield who is like a poor French version of Isco.

niko_cee
19-05-2018, 07:52 AM
No.

Plays for Lyon.

Jimmy Floyd
19-05-2018, 08:37 AM
Given the options available, France have managed to select a fair amount of wank, but I suppose you need that balanced squad.

Denmark could be sneaky decent I reckon. Meanwhile, Essam El-Hadary still being in goal for Egypt is truly inspirational stuff.

SincereTheRebel
19-05-2018, 08:53 AM
The 32 trophies he has won during his time at Barcelona.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dde-ph8VwAAxztI.jpg

Gray Fox
19-05-2018, 02:33 PM
No UEFA cup? Shit career.

Lewis
19-05-2018, 03:11 PM
I bet he'd trade it all for a full head of hair.

Baz
19-05-2018, 07:52 PM
Who is this Nabil Fekir chap and is he any good? I see he's in the France World Cup squad.
Fair play to Klopp for getting business done early.

It said on French TV the deal is 90% done, apparently. Lemar will be fuming.

Giggles
19-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Fair play to Klopp for getting business done early.

It said on French TV the deal is 90% done, apparently. Lemar will be fuming.

Sometimes it's not about.

Gray Fox
19-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Leicester have signed Ricardo Pereira from Porto. Seems like a good player for them.

I'm not too sure on Fekir. Although I've massively doubted our last 2 big attacking signings in Mane and Salah and they have proved me very wrong. I'm not even sure Klopp has made a bad signing yet.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Here are his signings:

Marko Grujic - Who?
Joel Matip - Playing with Lovren didn't help him
Loris Karius - Started to look better recently but he started off shit
Sadio Mane - Whatever
Ragnar Klavan - I've always seen him as a bit of a bomb scare
Alex Manninger - Was only brought in as a third choice
Georgino Wijnaldum - I've never noticed him when he isn't scoring
Mo Salah - Whatever
Dominic Solanke - Looks trash but it's too early to really tell
Andy Robertson - Seems like a fine left back
Alex Oxlade-Chamberpot - Not sure why he was bought but seemed to finally start fitting in before the injury
Virgil Van Dijk - Fine

Lewis
19-05-2018, 09:02 PM
I've been well impressed with Virgil van Dijk since they signed him. I wondered whether he was another Southampton semi-FRAUD, but it turns out he's probably the best defender in the league.

Boydy
19-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Here are his signings:
Mo Salah - Whatever

lol

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-05-2018, 09:31 PM

lol

Because nothing needs to be said (same with Mane), they're clear wins for him.

Boydy
19-05-2018, 09:33 PM
It just seemed to read like a bit of a seethe.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-05-2018, 09:35 PM
I don't care enough about the sport anymore to seethe.

I'm more of an American Football fan now.

Boydy
19-05-2018, 09:40 PM
You're a disgrace.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-05-2018, 09:42 PM
You've only just realised?

Lewis
19-05-2018, 10:13 PM
I think the 2009 Champions' League final was the last sport I SEETHED over.

Baz
20-05-2018, 07:20 AM
Talisca to United. Never even heard of him.

He has been nicknamed "Yaya Talisca" in reference to Ivorian midfielder Yaya Touré, but bases his game on that of his compatriot Neymar. He has also been compared to fellow Brazilian Rivaldo. lol

Also Fellaini has packed his bags and moved out of his United house. Those Liverpool rumours from a few months ago better be lies!

Ian
20-05-2018, 07:29 AM
There's been some confusion there when Fergie's demanded a bottle of Talisker.

SincereTheRebel
20-05-2018, 08:17 AM
Talisca to United. Never even heard of him.

lol

Also Fellaini has packed his bags and moved out of his United house. Those Liverpool rumours from a few months ago better be lies!

There were rumours of him joining wolves, but that was never going to happen.

Kikó
20-05-2018, 09:21 AM
I'm not sure Talisca will be able to replace Fellaini.

Lewis
20-05-2018, 10:33 AM
I think he was a right-sided attacker (the cutting inside type) on the YouTube compilation I watched whenever his name last came up (January?). He looks like he has lots of Goals, Skills & Assists to contribute, so this is a great signing.

Kikó
20-05-2018, 10:51 AM
He was very good for Benfica.

Baz
20-05-2018, 11:31 AM
I think he was a right-sided attacker (the cutting inside type) on the YouTube compilation I watched whenever his name last came up (January?). He looks like he has lots of Goals, Skills & Assists to contribute, so this is a great signing.

You mean United FINALLY have a right winger? :eek:

Lewis
20-05-2018, 11:48 AM
I don't know.

niko_cee
20-05-2018, 11:49 AM
He was very good for Benfica.

So good they loaned him out?

Alarm bells.

We seem to be linked with him again but I reckon he'll go to Wolves.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-05-2018, 11:50 AM
Let's get Dire Maria back, I miss seething at his shitness.

SincereTheRebel
20-05-2018, 12:15 PM

Alarm bells.

Lol at a player being linked with wolves and man utd. Power has shifted 100%. Man Utd are a sinking vessel.

Gray Fox
20-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Champions League final MOTM Angel Di Maria?

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-05-2018, 12:27 PM
Champions League final MOTM Angel Di Maria?

Even crap players can have a good game now and then.

Andy
20-05-2018, 12:33 PM
I've been well impressed with Virgil van Dijk since they signed him. I wondered whether he was another Southampton semi-FRAUD, but it turns out he's probably the best defender in the league.

He is quality. Him and Alderwierld are the best in the league, although we don't have any real standout super star defenders at the moment.

phonics
20-05-2018, 12:54 PM
Please use the sharing tools found via the email icon at the top of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com (https://www.ft.com) T&Cs (https://help.ft.com/help/legal-privacy/terms-conditions/) and Copyright Policy (https://help.ft.com/help/legal-privacy/copyright/copyright-policy/). Email licensing@ft.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found here (https://www.ft.com/tour).
https://www.ft.com/content/32eb170a-5c2a-11e8-ad91-e01af256df68

UK authorities have yet to renew Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich’s visa after it expired last month, three people close to the billionaire have told the FT, as geopolitical tensions rise between Moscow and the west. The Kremlin-connected, London-based Mr Abramovich — who, with a net worth of £9.3bn, is Britain’s 13th-richest man according to the Sunday Times — has returned to Russia after his investor visa ran out, according to two people close to him. Mr Abramovich did not attend Saturday’s FA Cup final, which Chelsea, the team he owns, won 1-0. Fellow oligarchs Oleg Deripaska and Vladimir Potanin were both in London last week for a high-profile court case between the two men. Mr Deripaska is subject to far-reaching US sanctions that prohibit US citizens from doing business with him. A third person close to Mr Abramovich said that his request for a new visa had not been denied, but said that UK authorities were taking longer than usual to renew it without offering any explanation. The Home Office did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Having to sell Chelsea and getting bumped off 2 weeks later.

Disco
20-05-2018, 01:06 PM
It has proven a great defence against the old Lubyanka tea party.

randomlegend
20-05-2018, 01:09 PM
Talisca sounds extremely underwhelming. Reddit seems to think he's a youtube compilation player and pretty shit.

phonics
20-05-2018, 01:25 PM
I don't think I've seen worse discussion of football than reddit. It's like every RAWK-esque forum for every team blended into one.

randomlegend
20-05-2018, 01:31 PM
IDK, it's often quite useful for opinions on players (especially if they are from more obscure leagues) since there are people on there who actually watch them.

Kikó
20-05-2018, 01:43 PM

Alarm bells.

I'm sure there was an amazing bit of cash involved for Benfica to loan rather than sell. I don't think he's the answer to any of the problems we have as talented as he is.

Andy
20-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Reddit is one of the better places, R/fantasyPL is one of the best FPL forums available.

Giggles
20-05-2018, 01:46 PM
I don't think I've seen worse discussion of football than reddit. It's like every RAWK-esque forum for every team blended into one.

That's Reddit all over. It's absolute vomit.

mugbull
20-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Tbh, phonics is the worst at football discussion i’ve ever seen.

SincereTheRebel
22-05-2018, 10:55 AM
Buffon is in talks with PSG.

randomlegend
22-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Fellaini apparently close to being off to Milan.

Please God make it real. He represents everything we should be aspiring to be better than.

Magic
22-05-2018, 11:28 AM
He's such a cunt he'll fit right in with that other monumental cunt Reno.

Waffdon
22-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Lewandowski and Hazard together :drool:

phonics
23-05-2018, 11:35 AM
Ancelotti has been announced as the manager of Napoli which pretty much confirms Sarri to Chelsea.

SincereTheRebel
23-05-2018, 12:43 PM
phonics. This Arsenal fan next to me claims now Emery is Arsenal manager, he will be bringing Neymar and Verratti with him too the Emirates. Do you know him?

phonics
23-05-2018, 12:46 PM
Neymar and Veratti think he's a prick. I don't talk to people from Wolverhampton.

SincereTheRebel
23-05-2018, 02:35 PM
Neymar and Veratti think he's a prick. I don't talk to people from Wolverhampton.

He is actually from Manchester, so watch your mouth

Baz
23-05-2018, 07:44 PM
Morata to Juventus, apparently.

Oh and Andres Iniesta will move to Japan to play for Vissel Kobe :cab:

Jimmy Floyd
23-05-2018, 08:27 PM
Ancelotti has been announced as the manager of Napoli which pretty much confirms Sarri to Chelsea.

This would be quite a fun appointment. Treading the fine line between genius and bin man.

Lewis
23-05-2018, 08:42 PM
He called Roberto Mancini a faggot on the touchline. God, imagine the MELTDOWN if he did that here. It would be like the football equivalent of when Stephen Lawrence got killed.

Lewis
23-05-2018, 11:43 PM
Daniel Levy vs Ed Woodward in the real cup final. Winner gets to decide whether Roman Abramovich is ever let back into Britain.

Jimmy Floyd
24-05-2018, 05:55 AM
Levy must fume about 'Poch' sending these people into the cold. Cost him loads of negotiating leverage (a word that I like to think was named after him).

phonics
24-05-2018, 06:41 AM
https://i.imgur.com/KMxoAKO.png

While I understand that Levy is a total bastard, I'm not sure asking for 75 million for a player you deemed, dispensable enough to offer less than 15 games last season and your manager has frozen out of the team is going to get you anywhere.

I thought his whole thing was that he had some 25 million quid release clause anyway.

niko_cee
24-05-2018, 07:18 AM
I think the release clause is something like, at the end of next season he has an option to extend his contract and that new extended contract would have the release clause in it, for around that amount - so it won't be active until next summer. Asking for £75m for him does seem somewhat of a bold gambit, but I suppose they have to pay for the retractable pitch and cheese room somehow.

Baz
24-05-2018, 07:23 AM
He called Roberto Mancini a faggot on the touchline. God, imagine the MELTDOWN if he did that here. It would be like the football equivalent of when Stephen Lawrence got killed.Plus he smokes omfg

SincereTheRebel
24-05-2018, 10:44 AM
Fred is in advanced talks to join man utd
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11383677/manchester-united-in-advanced-talks-to-sign-fred-from-shakhtar-donetsk

Iniesta has moved to japan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44233197

Andy
24-05-2018, 10:51 AM
https://i.imgur.com/KMxoAKO.png

While I understand that Levy is a total bastard, I'm not sure asking for 75 million for a player you deemed, dispensable enough to offer less than 15 games last season and your manager has frozen out of the team is going to get you anywhere.

I thought his whole thing was that he had some 25 million quid release clause anyway.

If he had a 25m release clause every top team in Europe would be after him.

Levy has probably just seen how much VvD went for and gotten excited. I'm not really sure what i'd value him at, he's clearly a top defender but at 29 with a history of injury problems it's hard to gauge.

Lewis
24-05-2018, 10:57 AM
Iniesta has moved to japan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44233197

I still think there is something a bit tawdry about this (albeit less so than Xavi going to Qatar).

John Arne
24-05-2018, 11:02 AM
I still think there is something a bit tawdry about this (albeit less so than Xavi going to Qatar).

It's all about money. Barca's sponsor is Rakuten, their CEO, Hiroshi Mikitani (great name, btw) is from Kobe and happens to by the Chairman of Kobe Vissel.

SincereTheRebel
24-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Should try and sign Kobe Bryant

randomlegend
24-05-2018, 11:28 AM
Di Marzio is saying Fred to Utd is a done deal.

Anyone watch Shakhtar?

Edit: also saying we want Milinkovic-Savic but aren't willing to pay €100m which is what Lazio are asking.

SincereTheRebel
24-05-2018, 11:40 AM
Not watched a shakter game in years,.

Magic
24-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Sincere is as bad as phonics in the politics thread with his Twitter and link bullshit. Contribute as well you cunt.

Also Darijo Srna. :cool:

Mazuuurk
24-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Di Marzio is saying Fred to Utd is a done deal.

Anyone watch Shakhtar?

Edit: also saying we want Milinkovic-Savic but aren't willing to pay €100m which is what Lazio are asking.

Everytime I see a report these days I just think of Dr Evil from Austin Powers being in these negotiations.

"Ooooh someone from Premier League wants our player! ONE HUNDRED MILLION PLEASE!"

phonics
24-05-2018, 12:07 PM
Everytime I see a report these days I just think of Dr Evil from Austin Powers being in these negotiations.

"Ooooh someone from Premier League wants our player! ONE HUNDRED MILLION PLEASE!"

And yet it's probably PSG and Barca that have absolutely fucked the price of everything. Not that it wasn't raising anyway but it feels like that's what caused the spike.

randomlegend
24-05-2018, 12:18 PM
Not watched a shakter game in years,.

If everyone else who hasn't could let me know then I can identify someone who has by process of elimination, thanks.

Ian
24-05-2018, 12:27 PM
If everyone else who hasn't could let me know then I can identify someone who has by process of elimination, thanks.

I haven't either.

SincereTheRebel
24-05-2018, 12:30 PM

Unlike you requested, i watched CSKA early this year. Golovin looked decent.

Mazuuurk
24-05-2018, 12:47 PM
And yet it's probably PSG and Barca that have absolutely fucked the price of everything. Not that it wasn't raising anyway but it feels like that's what caused the spike.

It all started with Premier League all of a sudden doubling the TV money they got a few years back and as a consequence of that, the Pogba deal (and then the Higuain deal which seemed a bit ridiculous at the time).

But yeah, after that PSG and (and as a consequence) Barca took it to another level really.

Lewis
24-05-2018, 01:36 PM
I also haven't watched any of their games, but haven't their Brazilians had a decent hit rate in recent years?

Lewis
24-05-2018, 02:51 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/23/john-terry-miss-chelsea-games-new-aston-villa-deal

Aston Villa are confident John Terry will sign a new contract if they win promotion to the Premier League and are willing to reach an agreement with the 37-year-old that would allow him to miss both games against Chelsea to help facilitate any deal.

lol what a wanker.

SincereTheRebel
24-05-2018, 03:09 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/23/john-terry-miss-chelsea-games-new-aston-villa-deal

lol what a wanker.

If he manages to come through on that deal. :D

Jimmy Floyd
24-05-2018, 04:43 PM
Sir Henry Winter was off on one the other day saying we should bring Sir John back in 'any role'. He still loves his Golden Generation, does Henry.

Disco
24-05-2018, 05:31 PM
He must be the very definition of ponderous these days.

Baz
24-05-2018, 05:58 PM
Shame Fulham are gonna beat them. :harold:

Boydy
24-05-2018, 06:25 PM

Maybe he's one of those anime perverts.

Ian
24-05-2018, 10:55 PM
If that John Terry bit is true and he's that much of a fucking tart I regret my unwilling praise of him two minutes ago in the cricket thread. (Yeah.)

phonics
25-05-2018, 04:28 PM
Stephen Lichsetiner to Arsenal on a free after his contract expired at Juve.

mugbull
25-05-2018, 05:01 PM
#ambition #championsleague

Clunge
26-05-2018, 08:00 AM
Tbf, good short-term snatch by Arsenal. What happened to Kolasianaec this season? Did he get crippled?

randomlegend
27-05-2018, 09:36 PM
The Bale to United rumours are unsurprisingly out in force today. It seems much more possible than every other year it's come up given Bale and Zidane's comments last night.

I'd take him y'know.

Lewis
27-05-2018, 09:50 PM
Unless it was at the expense of all this reported defence/midfield spending I would have thought even United might struggle to lay that much money out.

Kikó
27-05-2018, 10:01 PM
Bale and Ronaldo instead of young and Valencia :drool:

Jimmy Floyd
27-05-2018, 10:07 PM
The only way anyone will get Bale is by part-exing him for, say, Hazard (or Pogba). He's too expensive and his value has just doubled.

Raoul Duke
27-05-2018, 10:08 PM
Ashley Young for Ronaldo and Bale

Kikó
27-05-2018, 10:12 PM
Bale is not worth double at all.

Lewis
27-05-2018, 10:21 PM
It would have been more feasible had 'Alexis' not joined, but their precious wage rule would probably start creaking before long if they signed him.

Magic
27-05-2018, 10:41 PM
Stephen Lichsetiner to Arsenal on a free after his contract expired at Juve.

What lol. He's like 35.

Pepe
27-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Considering the well documented balance shift, he'll end up back in Spurs.

Shindig
28-05-2018, 05:49 AM
The only way anyone will get Bale is by part-exing him for, say, Hazard (or Pogba). He's too expensive and his value has just doubled.

Fine, we'll give up Shelvey for him.

Mike
28-05-2018, 06:46 AM
I think Bale will move on loan to someone.

SincereTheRebel
28-05-2018, 07:10 AM
I've written off Benzema for the past two years now and he is still going strong. Surely he would be sold which means bale and Ronaldo will be playing as two strikers. He has that Algerian/French connection ongoing with Zizou.

randomlegend
28-05-2018, 08:19 AM
Craig Norwood has started following Fred on Instagram so that's a done deal.

Andy
28-05-2018, 12:01 PM
If Bale actually becomes available this summer it will make the Sanchez move look even more ridiculous.

Kikó
28-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Will it? Wouldn't both be able to play in the same team?

John Arne
28-05-2018, 12:11 PM
Sanchez was ridiculously cheap - it was great business, regardless, barring him completely falling off a cliff.

Shindig
28-05-2018, 12:37 PM
I've written off Benzema for the past two years now and he is still going strong. Surely he would be sold which means bale and Ronaldo will be playing as two strikers. He has that Algerian/French connection ongoing with Zizou.

Don't they play with three up front? As in two wingers and a man in the middle? Benzema seems like the unselfish lad you need for a trio to work. One that's quite happy to go where he's needed to let Ronaldo be the greedy cunt.

Mazuuurk
28-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Arsenal signing Sokratis Papastathopoulos for 16M it seems.

Bit odd, but in todays market that's basically fuck all so seems cheap for a regular starter from Dortmund.

If he actually improves the team much, I dunno. Sounds like another "decent squad player" when what they really need is to sign someone who can make a real difference, like maybe Koulibaly or someone (I don't really know who's a good defender that might be available these days).

phonics
28-05-2018, 01:08 PM
Can we just call him Sokratis? The current number 7 is giving me enough trouble as is.

SincereTheRebel
28-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Don't they play with three up front? As in two wingers and a man in the middle? Benzema seems like the unselfish lad you need for a trio to work. One that's quite happy to go where he's needed to let Ronaldo be the greedy cunt.

I'm, sure it's a diamond 442 now which is why bale cant get in. Benzema scores 5 league goals all season. You are probably right about the whole unselfish thing though.

SincereTheRebel
28-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Sokratis Papastathopoulos
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Konstantinos Mavropanos

Arsenal are just trying to sign players with the most difficult names to spell. It's getting ridiculous

Spikey M
28-05-2018, 01:49 PM
It’s all about the money to be made from getting those names on the back of a shirt. It was about 50p a letter and a quid a number in my day, and that was about 20 years ago. You’re looking at about £200 for that Greek sounding bloke.

Edit: err, the first one.

Lewis
28-05-2018, 02:06 PM
I think Bale will move on loan to someone.

That's a point actually. United could do one of those loan scams where they pay up next year.

Definitely happening now.

phonics
28-05-2018, 02:09 PM
Sokratis Papastathopoulos
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Konstantinos Mavropanos

Arsenal are just trying to sign players with the most difficult names to spell. It's getting ridiculous

Imagine Wolcech was still hanging around.

Shindig
28-05-2018, 02:18 PM
Eldar Hadzimehmedovic still plays. They should grab him.

phonics
28-05-2018, 02:20 PM
There's some Turk arriving with more umlauts in his name than Vieira had letters.

Mazuuurk
28-05-2018, 02:46 PM
Combining a Turk and a Greek in central defence doesn't sound like the best idea.

phonics
28-05-2018, 02:52 PM
There's a pun based around skewering somewhere in there but I can't be fucked to find it.

Disco
28-05-2018, 02:53 PM
History suggests they both enjoy a good bumming so the centre of the Arsenal defence would seem like a good place for them.

Spikey M
28-05-2018, 03:29 PM
What are Arsenal actually doing? They’re buying players for all the right positions, but they’re not exactly the world class additions that are going to sort them out. It’s one thing panic buying a load of shit in August, but the window’s just opened.

John
28-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Sokratis is quality.

SincereTheRebel
28-05-2018, 04:48 PM
Arsenal front line Looks good on paper. Will they go Pierre and Alex as a two-striker pair....hopefully.

In other news, wolves are linked with Andre Silva from Milan. Cant ever remember seeing him play .

Kikó
28-05-2018, 04:56 PM
Roman Abramovich 'granted Israeli citizenship'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/28/roman-abramovich-granted-israeli-citizenship-tel-aviv-chelsea?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Gray Fox
28-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Apparently Liverpool have signed Fabinho from Monaco.

Mike
28-05-2018, 08:10 PM
In to replace Can.

Giggles
28-05-2018, 08:10 PM
Apparently Liverpool have signed Fabinho from Monaco.

Looks to be all official.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/303592-liverpool-fc-agree-deal-fabinho

Baz
28-05-2018, 08:11 PM
Everything I’ve read (lol) suggests he isn’t really upto Premier League scratch, but hey I’m sure that was said of Salah.

Has Fekir been confirmed yet? £53m seems like a bargain if the hype is to be believed.

Giggles
28-05-2018, 08:12 PM
Everything I’ve read (lol) suggests he isn’t really upto Premier League scratch, but hey I’m sure that was said of Salah.

Has Fekir been confirmed yet? £53m seems like a bargain if the hype is to be believed.

Commentary tonight mentioned Chelsea and Atletico Madrid being in for him too. He's looked poor so far in this.

Lewis
28-05-2018, 08:16 PM
This sounds a bit weird. Everybody was meant to be interested, and for more than the reported fee, so was it all wank or did they all just move on?

SincereTheRebel
28-05-2018, 08:32 PM
Hopefully he does not suffer from first season bakayako disease.

Liverpool are stock piling midfielders nicely. Who (if any) is going to be sold

Giggles
28-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Hopefully he's doing the old 'adding too many and upsetting the balance of the squad' thing.

Reg
28-05-2018, 08:48 PM
That Fabinho signing is great for them, I think. Fabinho, Henderson, Keita* sounds a good midfield.

*if he's as good as his hype.

SincereTheRebel
28-05-2018, 09:07 PM
How does Henderson still get into the team?

Guybrush
28-05-2018, 09:08 PM
Hopefully he does not suffer from first season bakayako disease.

Liverpool are stock piling midfielders nicely. Who (if any) is going to be sold

Emre Can is leaving and Oxlade-Chamberlain is dead until Christmas. Plus, too many of our midfielders are too similar so it's a good sign that we're looking at more 'specialist' players for a change. Milner's getting on a bit so can't see him playing as many games as he did last season. I wouldn't be surprised if Lallana is sold as well.

Reg
28-05-2018, 09:14 PM
How does Henderson still get into the team?
I forgot about Oxlade-Chamberlain, who I think has been great. There doesn't seem to be an obvious three to choose then. Fabinho and Ox both versatile so maybe they'll cover elsewhere.

Lewis
28-05-2018, 09:32 PM
Fabinho to right-back once that young lad drops right off.

Gray Fox
28-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Henderson, Keita, Fabinho, Gini, Milner, Ox and Lallana all play best centrally, but the Ox is out for the calendar year.

You'd imagine Henderson gets in as captain, but then I could quite easily see Klopp giving it to Virgil for the next season.

Beyond that I'd guess it depends on the opponent.

Mike
28-05-2018, 10:04 PM
He’s also been happy to bench Hendo even if he is captain.
I think we might move Lallana on if the right offer comes in.

Dquincy
28-05-2018, 10:08 PM
Sanchez was ridiculously cheap - it was great business, regardless, barring him completely falling off a cliff.

You what, he earns 600k a week.

Raoul Duke
28-05-2018, 11:02 PM
Fabinho replaces Can, obviously.

CJay
29-05-2018, 07:41 AM
If we’re not upgrading Henderson then we can just give up. Fabinho, Keita, Ox will be the three when they’re all fit. I’d rather see Wijnaldum at the base of midfield than Henderson. At least he has come technique and isn’t afraid of receiving the ball under pressure.

Magic
29-05-2018, 10:06 AM
Top earner in Serie A = Higuain on £115,000 p/w.

Boydy
29-05-2018, 10:34 AM
If we’re not upgrading Henderson then we can just give up. Fabinho, Keita, Ox will be the three when they’re all fit. I’d rather see Wijnaldum at the base of midfield than Henderson. At least he has come technique and isn’t afraid of receiving the ball under pressure.

Yeah, I really don't think Henderson's good enough. Not as a guaranteed starter for a team with ambitions of challenging for the league anyway.

randomlegend
29-05-2018, 05:56 PM
United have apparently activated the release clause for Diego Dalot from Porto, who is a 19 year old right back.

Never heard of him but he's supposed to be very promising.

Lewis
29-05-2018, 06:02 PM
Timothy Fosu-Mensah. :stamford:

randomlegend
29-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Fosu-Mensah prefers to play in midfield, so the plan may be for him to succeed Matic.

randomlegend
29-05-2018, 06:22 PM
Doesn't Kikó watch Portuguese football? The Porto fans are wanking themselves silly over him on Reddit.

EDIT: The 'accent in his username' dickhead.

Raoul Duke
29-05-2018, 06:26 PM
United have apparently activated the release clause for Diego Dalot from Porto, who is a 19 year old right back.

Never heard of him but he's supposed to be very promising.

This guy is usually pretty reliable on Portuguese types: https://twitter.com/tiagoestv?lang=en

randomlegend
29-05-2018, 06:36 PM
Better than Cafu he says. I'm sold.