PDA

View Full Version : UFC thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

John
02-10-2015, 06:49 PM
The Hendricks v Woodley fight tomorrow night, the one I was looking forward to most, has been cancelled due to 'issues with the weight cut' on the part of Hendricks.

Twat.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Is there a fighter who has gone from fan favourite to pretty much nothing so quickly?

He was such an exciting fighter, then decided to lay on opponents all match and now can't even cut weight properly.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-10-2015, 07:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/V0U9y.jpg

He walks round at 220lb, just like Anthony Johnson used to...

Hendricks is 5 foot 9 compared to Rumble's 6 foot 2 though.

Boom-Boom
03-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Hendricks is a weird one. He could quite easily be the welterweight champion on a 10 fight winning streak right now but instead he's nowhere and is now being forced up to middleweight.

I don't see him challenging for the title at middleweight.

Boom-Boom
04-10-2015, 10:23 AM
That was a dreadful PPV last night. Such a contrast to the prelims which were exciting as hell.

Baz
04-10-2015, 11:29 AM
That was a dreadful PPV last night. Such a contrast to the prelims which were exciting as hell.I shan't download it then. :thbup:

Boom-Boom
04-10-2015, 11:35 AM
The main event wasn't bad but the rest was pretty poor. I'd give it a 4/10.

Boom-Boom
04-10-2015, 11:39 AM
A potential star was born in Sage Northcutt (He fought on the pre lims) - https://gfycat.com/TanAbsoluteDodobird

Only 19 years old.

Baz
09-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Northcutt looks impressive.

In other news:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFDGWxEdf6Q

John
10-10-2015, 02:54 AM
Sage Northcutt looks impressive, but I sense a bit of Todd Duffee in him. Hopefully he fulfills his very obvious potential and becomes a proper force at Welter - his very obvious home - but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him move on to other things, no matter what he says about his nine year old self.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-10-2015, 10:28 PM
The UFC Fight Night 76 card has to be the worst ever.

Paddy Holohan vs. Louis Smolka
Reza Madadi vs. Norman Parke
Nicolas Dalby vs. Darren Till
Neil Seery vs. Jon Delos Reyes

Mickael Lebout vs. Stevie Ray
Aisling Daly vs. Ericka Almeida
Scott Askham vs. Krzysztof Jotko
Cathal Pendred vs. Tom Breese
Darren Elkins vs. Robert Whiteford
Bubba Bush vs. Garreth McLellan

Holohan fight is the main event, but all of it reads like a prelim card.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-10-2015, 01:40 AM
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/ufcs-khabib-nurmagomedov-after-latest-injury-im-not-sure-if-i-will-ever-come-back

“I broke a rib and once again retired from the fight, I really wanted to come back, I’m not sure I’ll be back at all ever,” Nurmagomedov wrote on his official Instagram account. “I want to apologize to my fans. I broke my rib, and again I am out of the fight. I really wanted to come back, I’m not sure if I will ever come back. Thanks to my fans and my sponsors.”

http://goo.gl/8pthtK

Fuck sake.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-11-2015, 01:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP-L8T47wUM

:D

Royce Gracie vs Ken Shamrock III to headline for Bellator in February.

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-11-2015, 02:24 AM
The worst crowd ever.

Sounds like there are about 5 people at the stadium.

Oh and how Goldberg says Etihad really fuck me off.

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-11-2015, 05:52 AM
Jesus christ, what a performance and I think Dana's brain probably exploded.

John Arne
15-11-2015, 05:53 AM
What a kick by Holly Holm.

Goodnight sweet Ronda xxx

The Struve-Rusholt fight was fucking abysmal.

Boom-Boom
15-11-2015, 06:23 AM
That was the most satisfying KO I've ever seen.

SincereTheRebel
15-11-2015, 09:25 AM
Looked like ronda was in terrible shape during the fight. Stylistically, it was a terrible mismatch. If any needs a link to the fight, i have it.

John Arne
15-11-2015, 09:45 AM
She did look a litle heavier than usual.

John
15-11-2015, 10:59 AM
She didn't look in terrible shape, she looked more heavily muscled than usual.

As always, lol at Boom.

SincereTheRebel
15-11-2015, 11:35 AM
I strongly disagree. Breathing out your mouth like that in round one is not a good sign. She did come out and really go at holm who just moved around the ring. She looked really bad on her feet. I didnt catch ronda interview after the fight so im curious what she thinks

John
15-11-2015, 11:40 AM
That was down to Holm smashing her in the face every time she moved forward, not an obvious lack of fitness.

Ronda always looks sloppy on her feet, she's just been strong enough to compensate for it long enough to either finish it or get into the clinch.

Lewis
15-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Was Ronda Rousey getting flattened THE BIGGEST UPSET IN HISTORY, or is it only a shock to people (like me) who know her because she brays everybody in seconds and gets in films? The other bird seems to have an equally (if not more) impressive fighting background, so, whilst still surprising, it surely isn't that mental?

Why doesn't Boom like her?

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-11-2015, 02:56 PM
I'd say Dillashaw destroying Barao was a bigger upset tbh.

He didn't look like anything special in previous fights and only got the shot because of injuries, yet he absolutely dominated the fuck out of Barao who was one of the best fighters in the world.

John
15-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Boom is an MMA hipster. He was celebrating when Anderson Silva got his chin punched off too.

It's an upset but not an unbelievable one. Most people who know their stuff would have said if the fight goes to ground in any meaningful way Rousey will do her, but if it's a largely striking battle then Holm would win. The upset comes in the fact that Rousey couldn't keep her on the deck when it did go there briefly. Her getting minced on the feet by a striker as good as Holly Holm shouldn't be a surprise to anyopne.

It's probably on a par with Weidman beating Anderson Silva in terms up upset, actually, which says as much about how Rousey was promoted as it does about how good she is. Anderson Silva had been dominant for seven years, and had won more fights in the UFC alone than Rousey has in her career.

Boom-Boom
15-11-2015, 03:08 PM
Was Ronda Rousey getting flattened THE BIGGEST UPSET IN HISTORY, or is it only a shock to people (like me) who know her because she brays everybody in seconds and gets in films? The other bird seems to have an equally (if not more) impressive fighting background, so, whilst still surprising, it surely isn't that mental?

Why doesn't Boom like her?

I wouldn't say it was a massive upset at all. She has been over hyped while fighting in a very shallow division. This is a fighter that Joe Rogan made the following quote about "Once in a lifetime doesn't apply to Ronda Rousey. It's once EVER in human history."

Both fighters have very good backgrounds. Holm in boxing / kick boxing and Ronda in Judo. It was always known that Holm had the better stand up but not many people (me included) expected it to stay standing. However a lot of people called the way this fight played out.

She has never been overly respectful to her opponents - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7sAtoQiz08

Boom-Boom
15-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Confirmed that Rousey has broken her jaw in 3 places. Ouch.

I don't think she will want to fight Holm again, unless she knows that something was wrong going into this fight (injury during camp etc.). She showed nothing during the fight to suggest it was a fluke / upset.

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-11-2015, 04:05 PM
Confirmed that Rousey has broken her jaw in 3 places. Ouch.

I don't think she will want to fight Holm again, unless she knows that something was wrong going into this fight (injury during camp etc.). She showed nothing during the fight to suggest it was a fluke / upset.

Well she could put all the blame onto Edmund and all the shit that was going on with him...

Lewis
15-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Joe Rogan is a wank.

John
15-11-2015, 04:45 PM
Joe Rogan trades in hyperbole and superlatives, and Mike Goldberg is probably worse. Taking what either of them have to say as an indication of the general feeling around an event is like doing the same for Niall Quinn claiming Sunderland have just scored a goal Barcelona would be proud of, or assuming whatever Kay Burley is asking are the questions people actually want asked. Goldberg is so addicted to the sound of his own shouting that he screeched 'that's one of the GREATEST of all time, that's USHERRR' over a crowd shot of some famous faces at an event.

There was hype surrounding Ronda Rousey because she was running through people like they weren't there. Let's not be revisionist twats, she blitzed Sara McMann in a minute and she was an Olympic silver medalist in wrestling.

Of course she'll want to fight Holly Holm again.

Dark Soldier
15-11-2015, 06:57 PM
I cheered Silva getting beat too, we're MMA hipster buddies Boom!

phonics
17-11-2015, 06:51 PM
Taz says Rousey dived in action with the UFC as she can't compete for the next year due to Hollywood commitments.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/11/17/former-wwe-wrestler-taz-says-ronda-rousey-holly-holm-fight-was-fixed/?postshare=1481447784154435&tid=ss_tw

John
17-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Laughable nonsense.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-11-2015, 06:58 PM
He's a mong, also making her sit until July is nothing.

Cain Velasquez sat out 18 months before losing his title to Werdum.

Jose Aldo hasn't fought in over a year and Cruz sat for 3 years before having to give up his title.

Baz
17-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Decmber 12th: Aldo vs McGregor

What are the chances of it actually happening?

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Decmber 12th: Aldo vs McGregor

What are the chances of it actually happening?

McGregor and Sonnen say not a chance.

Here is what Sonnen has said:

“I am hearing things from people in Brazil, and in this sport where there is smoke there is fire. Every single time – if there is smoke there is fire, and I am hearing things from people in Brazil…that they are not confident that Jose’s gonna make the walk. I want that fight to happen, I really do, and I don’t wanna start a rumor here…but that’s what I heard.”

I can see him 'getting injured' and Faber stepping up to fight Conor.

John
17-11-2015, 08:45 PM
Sonnen is one of the world's leading arseholes. Taking anything he has to say on board is just asking to look daft.

The fight will happen. Even if Aldo was ducking McGregor the first time, which I doubt, there's no chance he'll do it twice.

Jon Jones is looking well. He should probably go to heavyweight.

http://i63.tinypic.com/1zm156u.jpg

Waffdon
17-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Ez win for McGregor either way.

Baz
18-11-2015, 08:39 AM
Ez win for McGregor either way.
Hahahaha yeah right.

Waffdon
07-12-2015, 07:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfSAXxtw0V8

Buzzingggggggggggggg

Boom-Boom
07-12-2015, 07:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfSAXxtw0V8

Buzzingggggggggggggg

Fuck sake. I've just watched a shitty copy of that on daily motion. Didn't realise they had uploaded it.

What a card this is going to be. My local walkabout pub is showing the fight live and they never shown a UFC event before.

Waffdon
07-12-2015, 07:48 PM
On the whole, I really don't know who is going to win Aldo/McGregor and Weidman/Rockhold.

If Aldo sticks to the gameplan like Holm did, then probably him. Hopefully McGregor gets into Aldo's head.

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-12-2015, 12:23 AM
I don't think there's ever been a fight that I've felt this hyped about, if this fight had been next year I'd probably fly out to Vegas.

The whole card is fucking brilliant too though.

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-12-2015, 12:57 AM
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/12/7/9865998/ufc-ronda-rousey-is-really-f-ing-sad-may-not-be-able-to-eat-an-apple-six-months-mma

The stitches in her lip still dissolving, and a few of her teeth still unstable from Holm's fight-ending kick to the face, Rousey admits "It might be three to six months before I can eat an apple, let alone take an impact."

Holly Holm really did fuck her right up.

Boom-Boom
09-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Is Mendes vs Edgar on BT Sport?

Henry
09-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Hard to avoid the conclusion that Aldo will kick the shit out of McGregor at the weekend, despite the entertainment value and meteoric rise of the latter. Should be good.

EDIT: Wait a sec. Why have the bookies got McGregor as favourite?

John
10-12-2015, 01:27 AM
Aldo hasn't fought in over a year and Conor McGregor is fucking massive at that weight.

I reckon both their most recent fights being against the same man is serving as a point of comparison in that aswell. McGregor knocked him out in two rounds and looked fresh at the end, while Aldo laboured to a decision and was a couple of well timed takedowns away from losing.

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-12-2015, 02:25 AM
Conor was also coming off a fairly serious injury too:

"Fourteen weeks before the fight I tore 80 percent of my ACL," said McGregor during a fan Q&A in his hometown of Dublin, Ireland. "I could barely walk, I could barely kick."

Chrissy
10-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Aldo hasn't fought in over a year and Conor McGregor is fucking massive at that weight.

I reckon both their most recent fights being against the same man is serving as a point of comparison in that aswell. McGregor knocked him out in two rounds and looked fresh at the end, while Aldo laboured to a decision and was a couple of well timed takedowns away from losing.

I mind GSP saying after a long lay off from fights that the first 2 rounds it feels like you are fighting under water. Obviously it will be different for every fighter but ring rust is a thing that occurs.

I think if Conor is quick out the blocks Aldo is in real trouble those first two rounds.

The Weidman Rockhold fight is Weidman's for sure. Not that i'm buying into the Hype train but Rockhold seems so nervous in his chat leading up to this. Can see Nelson winning his fight as well as Jacare.

Henry
10-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Okay, but isn't Aldo #1 pound for pound across all weights, and undefeated for ten years? Got to count for something.

John
10-12-2015, 12:24 PM
GSP only really had one considerable layoff, and it was longer than Aldo's. He'll obviously know what he's talking about, but it hasn't happened to him often enough for his word to be gospel on it. Aldo has had two previous layoffs of a year plus and has come back with a win each time. The first one was early in his career so I haven't seen the fight, but the second was his fight against Frankie Edgar, and from what I remember of that fight I think his biggest problem might come from his long established lack of stamina being exacerbated.

McGregor is obviously great, but his stamina has never been seriously tested. I don't think it will be a war of attrition but I do think if one of them tires unusually early that will be punished in a big way.

You very much should buy into the hype for Weidman. I'm not even sure you can really call it hype at this point, the bloke is just an amazingly effective fighter. I fancy him to tear Rockhold apart in similar fashion to the way he dealt with Belfort.

Jacare is a fucking beast. I said for ages that he was the man to beat Anderson Silva, but I'll now update that to say he'll be the man to beat Weidman. It's going back a few fights and a couple of years, but the way he wiped out Yushin Okami was terrifying.

I'm looking forward to the Max Holloway fight. He's seriously good and should probably be fighting someone of greater note than Jeremy Stephens.

phonics
10-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Technically not UFC but I enjoyed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csayHw_26GE

Chrissy
10-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Okay, but isn't Aldo #1 pound for pound across all weights, and undefeated for ten years? Got to count for something.

Oh definitely. If he makes it out of the first round or two unscathed I think McGregor is in trouble. I love Aldo but in this instance the bookies are not far wrong in making McGregor favourite. It will be a great fight hopefully.

Chrissy
10-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Technically not UFC but I enjoyed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csayHw_26GE

I was buckled first time I saw that this week. :)

Chrissy
10-12-2015, 12:31 PM
I had totally forgotten about the Max Holloway fight :) Fuck this is actually a great card. Agree totally on Jacare John. Guy is amazing.

John
10-12-2015, 12:31 PM

The 'undefeated for ten years' line trotted out in the marketing is a bit of a cheeky one. From the first fight of that streak to his last it's actually about eight and a half years. That line is taking his 'undefeated streak' as running from the date of the fight in which he last lost until the date of his next fight, which is disingenuous to the point of absurdity.

Pound for pound rankings are the sort of intangible ranking system that rewards precisely that sort of winning streak, so it's a bit tautological to cite both. He inherited that title from Anderson Silva, a man three weights above him. Of course it counts, but Conor McGregor has been Mke Tysoning his way through the pack for a couple of years now and looks like the sort of special talent it will take to end the run of another special talent.

Add the aforementioned layoff and mutual opponents and you can see why McGregor is favourite.

Henry
10-12-2015, 03:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY7r-DwtjD8

:D

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-12-2015, 04:02 PM
What a video :D

John Arne
10-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Grabbing the belt at the press conference was a master stroke.

Boom-Boom
11-12-2015, 10:09 PM
Fantastic card last night, here's hoping the rest are just as good.

Sage seems like a really nice kid. I hope they let him develop as he's still clearly miles away from being a contender but the potential is there, long way to go yet.

PVN is a warrior.

UFC 194 Weigh Ins are 11pm tonight and will be streamed live on youtube. Please god lets have no hick ups.

Boom-Boom
12-12-2015, 02:41 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/index.html

Conor - Aldo is the main headline on the Daily Mail sport page. Conor winning would be huge for the sport, he's taking it to a new level.

I haven't been this hyped for a fight since Hatton vs Pacqiuao / Mayweather. I'm absolutely buzzing for tomorrow night.

Boom-Boom
12-12-2015, 02:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIb_7RaPMxU

Irish fans are awesome.

John
12-12-2015, 07:06 AM
Hopefully Aldo boots his chin off early to put a stop to that particular carnival of dickery. McGregor winning would be good in terms of eyes on screens, but bad in just about every other way. It would be like if Chael Sonnen had beaten Anderson Silva.

Baz
12-12-2015, 08:01 AM
How long before Northcutt's banned for steroid use, then?

Waffdon
12-12-2015, 03:54 PM
Conor will get knocked out early in the second, having thought about it. He looked compete shit in the weigh in, though that's always the case. Hopefully he moves up the division regardless of what happens.

John
12-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Aldo looked like he might finally have got the hang of the weight cut properly. It's only taken him what, thirteen years?

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-12-2015, 05:56 PM
McGregor looked so gaunt in his face, he looked like a different person.

John
12-12-2015, 06:02 PM
If McGregor's bottle has gone, which it will have done if he's borked his weight cut trying to be heavy on the night, and he makes a tits of it tonight I don't think I'll ever stop lolling.

Boom-Boom
12-12-2015, 06:24 PM
McGregor looked so gaunt in his face, he looked like a different person.

He looks awful at the weigh ins. Nothing new mind, here he is after the Denis Siver weigh in.

http://www.punditarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Conor-McGregor-17-660x330.png

I think he will move up after tonight, win or lose.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-12-2015, 06:39 PM
I don't watch weigh ins usually so it was pretty fucking crazy to see his face.

He does seem to know what to do though if he always looks like that and then performs as he does on fight night.

Waffdon
12-12-2015, 06:42 PM
Yeah, he looked just as bad against Mendes having looked back.

Boom-Boom
12-12-2015, 07:06 PM
I don't watch weigh ins usually so it was pretty fucking crazy to see his face.

He does seem to know what to do though if he always looks like that and then performs as he does on fight night.

It shocks me every time I see him weigh in. I find it crazy that a fighter can lose so much weight yet perform at their best only 24 hours later.

Baz
12-12-2015, 07:15 PM
Still Aldo for me. Can't ever see him losing at this weight, and especially not to a cocky gobshite.

I really like what McGregor's done for UFC though. I was all but done with it when Jon Jones left, but he's got me back interested. Money well earned, I'd say.

Is there any talk of when CM Punk's gonna fight?

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-12-2015, 07:44 PM
You've got to think that Mendes is done at 145 now.

Lost to the champion, the interim champion and the number 1 contender in 3 of his last 4 fights now.

Boom-Boom
12-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Dana has confirmed Punk will fight next year but no date. I think I heard they're doing a reality show to find him an opponent.

I have Aldo as the favourite but it's a fascinating fight and I hope Conor wins.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-12-2015, 11:48 PM
A reality show to find his opponent :D

Fucking hell, just give it to the ex-power ranger that wanted to destroy him and be done with it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 12:40 AM
£5 on Conor to win in round 2
£5 on Faber/Holloway/Tecia Torres/Warlley/Weidman.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 01:15 AM
Good way to start the prelims and I'm damn happy that I decided not to put Kevin Lee in my accy.

Oh and lol at him pretty much running out of the arena :D

Edit: Warlley and his guillotine chokes are fucking brilliant.

As soon as he had it you knew the fight was done.

Waffdon
13-12-2015, 02:38 AM
Hopefully Faber gets knocked tf out.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 02:45 AM
Faber looks pretty horseshit and I hate him.

Clearly he's going to fuck my bet up.

Giggles
13-12-2015, 02:53 AM
Every knuckle dragger in the country is all over this like a rash, never seen such hype. I don't know a thing about the 'sport' but here's hoping he gets his head caved in.

Waffdon
13-12-2015, 02:54 AM
That was boring.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 02:57 AM
Thought they might give that to Saenz 29-28 but thank fuck.

Just Holloway and Weidman to go :eyemouth:

Oh and Faber would get smashed by Dillashaw.

Waffdon
13-12-2015, 03:22 AM
Apparently I have a bet on for tonight. I don't remember making it.

Gunnar, Souza, Rockhold (all by tko/ko/ect.) and Aldo/McGregor not to go the distance either @ 45 something.

First two I imagine will win by submission but Rockhold is going the distance

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 03:45 AM
'Mon Gunni.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 03:53 AM
Goldberg is such a nonce.

'Ireland v Brazil'

Amigo, send some fire bombs to him.

Waffdon
13-12-2015, 04:00 AM
Jesus, what a round.

John Arne
13-12-2015, 04:08 AM
Nelson is getting battered. 150 strikes to 5

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 04:10 AM
We could well be seeing 10-8's in there.

Gunni :(

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 04:12 AM
Hobbie Lawlor made me lol.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 04:33 AM
I can't think of many who would actually choose to go into Jacare's guard.

Yoel Romero looks brilliant, hopefully he hasn't gassed himself.

Pavel
13-12-2015, 04:38 AM
The people are fighting, have we won yet?

Waffdon
13-12-2015, 05:01 AM
Romero isn't going to be a challenge for the title with that cardio of his.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 05:09 AM
Romero isn't going to be a challenge for the title with that cardio of his.

Well unless he manages to knock someone out in round 1.

That's the bad thing with all the muscle that he carries.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 05:26 AM
Well that was a bit of a good ending to the round for Rockhold :\

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 05:31 AM
I bet Weidman will never try a spinning kick again.

Waffdon
13-12-2015, 05:31 AM
OH FUCK YEAH.

Weidman going for that spinkick :D

Gray Fox
13-12-2015, 05:32 AM
I'm surprised it went on for that long. I thought when he had him mounted the first time it was done.

John Arne
13-12-2015, 05:32 AM
Quality from Rockhold.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 05:44 AM
Nothing like a Foggy Dew and Notorious mash up.

Waffdon
13-12-2015, 05:45 AM
TAPS AFF if he wins. Please, please, please.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 05:54 AM
Holy shit :|

Gray Fox
13-12-2015, 05:54 AM
Wow.

John Arne
13-12-2015, 05:55 AM
Fuck

Waffdon
13-12-2015, 05:56 AM
Get mad, John.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 05:56 AM
Conor did predict a first round win.

Shame I went for the second round :(

Waffdon
13-12-2015, 05:57 AM
Best left hand in UFC, boys. Hopefully he moves up now

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 05:58 AM
Best left hand in UFC, boys. Hopefully he moves up now

He might take a fight or two to defend it but my word, McGregor at lightweight will be scary good.

Pavel
13-12-2015, 06:04 AM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-PSSyHY4lRgE/VmLzGPIQrXI/AAAAAAAARWk/zoee1muJees/w365-h330-no/15+-+1

Waffdon
13-12-2015, 06:08 AM
He might take a fight or two to defend it but my word, McGregor at lightweight will be scary good.

Aldo properly landed that shot and it had no effect. The man is a god. We comin' for you 'Cowboy'.

Waffdon
13-12-2015, 06:23 AM
https://giant.gfycat.com/GentleHandsomeAcornweevil.gif

Boom-Boom
13-12-2015, 06:23 AM
My fucking god. What a finish.

Conor fighting for the lightweight belt at UFC 200 is next I feel.

Post fight press conference starting shortly - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjXHai7M7oU

Chrissy
13-12-2015, 06:44 AM
That was a shock. I knew it could be over quickly but I thought in minutes not seconds.

The Rockhold Weidman fight should never have went to a fourth round. Rockhold butchered him.

Jacare massively disappointing but deserved the decision in my books. Considering how good the card looked, the night was a bit deflated. The Maia Nelson match I enjoyed though, one sided as it was.

Waffdon
13-12-2015, 06:48 AM

lol

Boom-Boom
13-12-2015, 07:00 AM
SBG (Conor's team) had 3 people fight over these past 3 events and I'm pretty sure in 7 rounds of fighting his fighters have landed no more than 15 punches combined.

Lobov landed 2.

Nelson landed 5.

McGregor landed 3-4.

Baz
13-12-2015, 08:28 AM
Insane.

Angelsaint
13-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Sorry to ruin the party but that punch wasn't that strong. I guess some Malaysian guy just got enough money to buy a English club.

phonics
13-12-2015, 11:41 AM
I had to listen to 2 hours of people talking about this just to watch a bloke fall over and get punched in the back of the head.

Best sport in the world.

Dark Soldier
13-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Lol at it all, Aldo looked beat before it even began. Many more years of the gobshite, yay.

Waffdon
13-12-2015, 03:27 PM
I've slept about six hours since Friday morning. Still off my tits on adrenaline. McGregor and Rockhold :drool:

Pls go to Croke Park.

Henry
13-12-2015, 08:15 PM
If they put it on in Croke Park, I'll try to get me a ticket.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 08:16 PM
TTH meet 2016 at Croke Park :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 08:22 PM
Oh and Conor has said he wont be vacating the featherweight title, he wants to move up, win the lightweight title and defend both.

Boom-Boom
13-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Aldo's locker room camera from after the fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17n-oByMAWg&feature=youtu.be&t=3h40m49s

Feel sorry for him.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2015, 08:44 PM
It's alright, according to him 'it wasn't a real fight' :harold:

Baz
13-12-2015, 08:58 PM
The Rockhold Weidman fight should never have went to a fourth round. Rockhold butchered him.
Just watched this. How it didn't get stopped at the end of the third round, I'll never know.

Waffdon
14-12-2015, 06:26 PM
https://streamable.com/tsk5

Boom-Boom
19-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Another brilliant card coming up tonight. Sort of slipped under the radar due to UFC 194 but it's a very solid line up.

The main 3 fights are very interesting.

John
19-12-2015, 05:37 PM
It'll be interesting to see just how badly affected Dos Santos is by the Velasquez fights. That sort of beating can cut a couple of years off your career, and he's taken two of them. I know he fought Miocic since then, but he isn't on the same planet as Overeem in terms of power or technique, so this is the real test of how JDS is doing. A peak condition JDS would have Overeem's lower jaw off him in a couple of minutes, so if he's on top form it'll be done in a round. I could see JDS wiping out Werdum again in a rematch too, though I'm not sure anyone is particularly interested in a fourth Cain fight so hopefully another possibility emerges before that comes to pass.

Cerrone has allegedly said that he wants to fight McGregor if he wins tonight, so that's my allegiances settled. Fucking do him in, Cowboy. :drool:

Waffdon
19-12-2015, 05:42 PM
Cerrone is a serial choke artist. RDA by decision.

McGregor would toast him if they ever fought - not sure about RDA/McGregor though

John
19-12-2015, 05:47 PM
He is, but I'm hopeful he's sorted himself out now. He's won eight fights in less than two years, including one against Henderson, who'd beaten him twice previously.

Chrissy
19-12-2015, 07:26 PM
I fancy Cerrone to "knock the lucky charms" out of McGregor as he predicted.

JDS I am reserving my opinion about, as I am most Brazilians, now that the Captain America style doping has had to be knocked on the head. Overeem is a crazy mofo at the best of times. Be interesting either way.

Boom-Boom
19-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Main card starts at 1am tonight if you didn't know. Prelimes are 10pm on BT Sport.

Waffdon
19-12-2015, 09:48 PM
Yep. East Coast timezone <3

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-12-2015, 10:19 PM
Yay for east coast, boo for that eye poke.

That will probably be a detached retina for Miller.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2015, 12:18 AM
CB Lollaway.

I hate both of them so a double knockout would have been preferred but one dickhead rushing into the other with his hands down and getting knocked out cold isn't bad.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2015, 12:41 AM
Oliveira calling out McGregor :harold:

Waffdon
20-12-2015, 12:44 AM
What a chump.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2015, 12:45 AM
His chin would get demolished by Conor and Dana will make him move up weight now, he's missed weight 3 or 4 times now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2015, 02:06 AM
Michael Johnson has played this right into Nate's hands.

He's fallen for all the mind games and got fucked.

I was really hoping that Johnson would knock him the fuck out.

Oh and Rogan complaining that Johnson is kicking out but Nate is going for a fucking knee bar after the bell :cab:

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2015, 02:11 AM
Please, make that fight.

Conor McGregor knocking the living shit out of Nate Diaz would be fucking amazing.

Nate thinking he's a big draw :harold:

What a chump.

Waffdon
20-12-2015, 02:20 AM
McGregor's in all their fucking heads. :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2015, 02:22 AM
McGregor's in all their fucking heads. :drool:

Winner of Dos Anjos/Cerrone will call him out too :nodd:

3 call outs on one card has to be a record.

Waffdon
20-12-2015, 02:26 AM
Winner of Dos Anjos/Cerrone will call him out too :nodd:

3 call outs on one card has to be a record.

Oh, aye. Cerrone definitely will anyway. He already looks like a right walloper over his Aldo's predictions.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2015, 02:28 AM
Dos Anjos will too:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/9/29/9413965/ufc-champion-rafael-dos-anjos-conor-mcgregor-lightweight-fight-mma-news

"I don't think he can succeed even in the featherweight division", he told GNP1.de. "He's not beating the top guys. Who has this guy beat? He fought Dennis Siver, which was a top 15 and he got a title shot against Jose Aldo. How about Frankie Edgar? How about Chad Mendes in a good shape? He got a ten days notice. How about, you know, Jeremy Stephens? How about Cub Swanson, all those top guys in the division? Even Charles Oliveira, the Brazilian, would kill him."

"I think, if he beats Aldo -- which I think is really hard -- but if he does, I will be happy to welcome him," said dos Anjos. "He got a big mouth, he talk well for the people. He's a comedian guy, and he's bring a lot of media to him. If he's gonna come to lightweight division, I'm here and will make sure to smash him."

:harold:

Edit: There's more too.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/11/9129551/rafael-dos-anjos-conor-mcgregor-jose-aldo-lightweight-fight-ufc-news

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/29/8288611/rafael-dos-anjos-gives-advice-to-conor-mcgregor-stay-at-featherweight

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/10/9116557/rafael-dos-anjos-wants-chicken-conor-mcgregor-at-lightweight-easy

John
20-12-2015, 02:29 AM
If McGregor was in their heads they'd be worrying about getting knocked out in a few seconds and wouldn't be calling him out at all. They have money in their heads.

John
20-12-2015, 02:35 AM
That's a fucking terrible stoppage.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2015, 02:35 AM
What a left hook that was.

JDS is done.

Waffdon
20-12-2015, 02:36 AM
If McGregor was in their heads they'd be worrying about getting knocked out in a few seconds and wouldn't be calling him out at all. They have money in their heads.

How gutted were you last week?

John
20-12-2015, 02:38 AM
Not at all.

John
20-12-2015, 02:43 AM
As an overall card I reckon tonight is better than 195, but that title fight is a peach.

Waffdon
20-12-2015, 03:04 AM
Welp. Assumed Cerrone would at least last the distance :happycry:

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2015, 03:05 AM
Cerrone :(

Hard to see RDA being dethroned by anyone bar McGregor right now.

John
20-12-2015, 03:05 AM
Cerrone. :(

That's brutal. Dos Anjos is a beast.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2015, 03:10 AM
I told you Waff :D

John
20-12-2015, 03:11 AM
I fucking hate when a fighter looks to the ref like that. It's like waving an imaginary card in football. Take a point away.

Waffdon
20-12-2015, 03:12 AM
RDA v McGregor in Ireland pls. All over that.

Red panty night.

Boom-Boom
20-12-2015, 12:55 PM
JDS looked awful last night. Very poor fight and I think it's fair to say he's done.

RDA is an utter beast. Whoever Conor fights next is a very tough fight for him (RDA / Edgar).

John
20-12-2015, 01:01 PM
McGregor would waste Frankie Edgar.

Until his recent heroics my most enduring memory of Dos Anjos was Jeremy Stephens taking his head off with an uppercut, so it was a little jarring initially to see him be unbeatably good. I reckon he'd whomp McGregor but that's based in part on the idea that fighters coming up from a weight below are usually a bit smaller and I'm not sure McGregor really is. He's fucking huge at feather so he'd probably still be fairly well sized a weight up.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2015, 06:04 PM
“What’s next for Conor? The lightweight belt. We’re going to take a little break from that cut down to 145lbs, even though this was one was the easiest so far. But in saying that, ‘easy’ is a relative term. It still requires a level of discipline that 99.9% of people wouldn’t have, never mind be able to compete as well the following day.

So the next step will be winning the title in the 155lbs division. The current champion, Rafael dos Anjos, defends the belt against Donald Cerrone tomorrow night. Regardless of who comes out on top, we’ve been given the green light to fight the winner.

We believe that’ll be in April but I’m looking forward to this weekend’s fight too. I’ll be watching eagerly to see who it is. I’m expecting a close fight but if I was to bet — which I won’t — I’d say Rafael dos Anjos will win it.

If Frankie Edgar wants a shot at the featherweight title or Aldo wants a rematch, we’re fine with that too. But they’ll have to wait, because that lightweight belt is next on the agenda.”

:eyemouth:

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-12-2015, 06:21 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Nate-Diaz-Most-Likely-Ill-Be-the-One-Fighting-Conor-McGregor-Next-97539

Nate Diaz says he is next for Conor (:harold:).

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-Lightweight-Champion-Rafael-dos-Anjos-I-Want-Conor-McGregor-Next-97537

Dos Anjos wants Conor as his next fight.

Boom-Boom
24-12-2015, 06:33 PM
Anderson Silva vs Michael Bisping has been announced for UFC London (February 27th).

Have just managed to get 2X tickets for £150 each.

Just have to hope this fight doesn't get cancelled as the rest of the card is pretty poor.

John
24-12-2015, 06:37 PM
I had the offer of a ticket for that and turned it down last week because I didn't want to commit to spending a bomb going to London for a shit card. Serves me right.

Boom-Boom
24-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Tickets are still available on stubhub.com although you'll be paying over the odds.

Mousasi has just announced he will still be on the card and they're looking for his opponent. The card looks solid now, just hope to see a few more UK guys on the under card. Usually I can look through the UK UFC cards and pick 3-4 guys I've seen fight before on local shows but there's not one on this card.

This will be my first live UFC event. I'm really looking forward to it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-12-2015, 01:35 AM
Hmmm, Anderson Silva (even if he is past his prime) is making me think about it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-12-2015, 02:50 PM
UFC have booked Madison Square Garden for April 23rd to host UFC 198 which will be headlined by Jon Jones taking on Daniel Cormier.

MMA is still banned in New York and I imagine that the UFC will try to sell it out as quick as possible to force New York's hand in making it legal.

Boom-Boom
29-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Do BT Sport show Fight Pass events? I'm assuming not and with Bisping vs Silva on Fight Pass you are going to need to either stream the event or sign up to the UFC network (to watch it live).

I'd seriously recommend signing up. It's well worth the £6 per month and you can cancel any time. I've signed up 3-4 times since it has been released, I tend to stay a member for a month or two, watch what I want and then cancel.

Waffdon
03-01-2016, 01:11 PM
Condit got robbed. :(

John
03-01-2016, 01:32 PM
No he didn't. It was some fight though.

Waffdon
03-01-2016, 01:37 PM
How on earth Lawler won the third, I don't know.

Waffdon
03-01-2016, 08:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZW0ORlh8a8

Jesus :D

Absolutely buried.

edit: yt link broken?

Chrissy
04-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Condit got robbed. :(

No he didn't. It was some fight though.

I'm with John on this won. If it goes to a decision it's going to be based on damage. CC landed more but Lawler fucked CC up.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-01-2016, 06:48 PM
I had it going to Condit personally, the final round was brilliant.

Chrissy
04-01-2016, 06:50 PM
I had it going to Condit personally, the final round was brilliant.

Until that final round I had Condit edging it purely on the volume of strikes, however he got severely fucked up in the last round

Waffdon
04-01-2016, 07:04 PM
Lawler and his camp must have had him needing a knockout to win, hence him swinging for the fences.

Chrissy
04-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Lawler and his camp must have had him needing a knockout to win, hence him swinging for the fences.

Oh he knew he needed to do something impressive and he did. Condit never damaged him.

Oh totally Waff. Say me and you have a fight Waff and you punch me 400 times but i'm ok, then I hit you with 7 punches and leave you looking like a car crash victim and clearly fucked - I win. Your 400 punches count for shit as it's the damage done which counts in most judges eyes, rightly or wrongly. I know that's certainly how Dana White views it.

Condit k had rounds 1-4 but he got smashed to fuck in the final round.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Condit did damage him, in the fourth.

I'm not sure how close Lawlor was to be stopped but he was most definitely hurt near the end of that round.

John
04-01-2016, 10:50 PM
I'd have given Condit the decision if I was a judge, but it wasn't definitive enough to call it a 'robbery'. Lawler had it on damage, Condit had it on volume, they both had periods of dominating the octagon, each had their periods of aggression and their periods on the back foot. It was a close, excellent fight, so to call it a robbery is to disregard how close it was.

Dana White reckoned Condit won it too, so hopefully that means an immediate rematch and another five like that, but Condit has apparently been talking retirement. I fucking hope not.

Chrissy
05-01-2016, 06:25 AM
Condit did damage him, in the fourth.

I'm not sure how close Lawlor was to be stopped but he was most definitely hurt near the end of that round.

Yeah, to be fair that is true. Just watched it back.

I'd have given Condit the decision if I was a judge, but it wasn't definitive enough to call it a 'robbery'. Lawler had it on damage, Condit had it on volume, they both had periods of dominating the octagon, each had their periods of aggression and their periods on the back foot. It was a close, excellent fight, so to call it a robbery is to disregard how close it was.

Dana White reckoned Condit won it too, so hopefully that means an immediate rematch and another five like that, but Condit has apparently been talking retirement. I fucking hope not.

I really hope he doesn't retire as well. It was a brilliant fight. UFC is on a roll just now with the PPV's.

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-01-2016, 08:09 PM
McGregor - Dos Anjos at UFC 197.

Fucking yes :drool:

That was the event that Anderson Silva was pulled from and then said it was cancelled due to Brazil's financial mess.

McGregor is going to rule over Vegas once again though.

Waffdon
08-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Should be outstanding. No Ireland though :(

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-01-2016, 06:40 PM
If Mickey Gall beats Michael Jackson (no idea on either), he will be CM Punk's first opponent.

In other CM Punk news, he's been given an 85 rating in the upcoming EA Sports UFC for some reason.

Waffdon
17-01-2016, 11:05 PM
Why does this have to be a fkn Sunday? Either way, all over Cruz and Pettis.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-01-2016, 11:13 PM
So Fox could use the NFL playoff game that they had tonight to try and get in more viewers.

Waffdon
17-01-2016, 11:14 PM
Doubt I can stay up. :(

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-01-2016, 09:47 PM
BJ Penn has decided to come out of retirement for one more crack at the belt.

I'm sure the UFC must be contractually obliged to give him a fight or two but come on.

He wants to fight on the 197 card.

A BJ Penn in his prime vs Conor would have been a majestic fight but current BJ Penn would probably be knocked out by a jobber.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-01-2016, 11:20 PM
Cruz saying 'Kenny Florian, great copy and pasting man' :D

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/1/16/10779846/fox-sports-suspends-kenny-florian-for-plagiarizing-portions-of

Waffdon
20-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Conor at it again at this press conference for UFC 197 :D

Waffdon
20-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Welp. He's already fucking around with RDA. fucking hell

John
20-01-2016, 08:18 PM
He's a fucking arsepiece.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-01-2016, 12:49 AM
Cain 'Sick Note' Velasquez is pulling out of another fight due to a back injury.

As such Stipe Miocic with face Werdum for the title.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-01-2016, 05:56 AM
Here endeth the hype of Sage Nortcutt.

He seemingly had no stamina going into the second round and he seemed to shit his pants when he was caught in the arm triangle.

Edit: Josh Barnett getting tapped is fucking massive.

Bader :harold:

Get fucked son.

John
01-02-2016, 03:14 PM
I called Northcutt having a problem with BOTTLE with my Todd Duffee comparison. He wasn't even in an arm triangle when he tapped. The bloke was still setting up the triangle.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-02-2016, 11:10 PM
Ben Henderson has decided to sign with Bellator.

Could send a little warning to the UFC regarding the Reebok deal, especially if other names follow him.

Chrissy
02-02-2016, 11:11 AM
Ben Henderson has decided to sign with Bellator.

Could send a little warning to the UFC regarding the Reebok deal, especially if other names follow him.

Yeah, alot of chat behind the scenes and on podcasts etc about that very thing.

Who's next to go? It's basically a case of who's not getting big paychecks and whose contract is up.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Rumours of Donald Cerrone right now.

He's only got 1 fight left on his contract and he's been fairly outspoken about the Reebok deal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBBJF9AOfSn/

This is quite good.

Chrissy
02-02-2016, 03:56 PM
I like Cerrone, he is a mentalist and clearly lives in a different time but he doesn't hold back.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-02-2016, 09:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjjCvU33jas

Really interesting from Rener Gracie regarding Sage Northcutt and the Rothwell submission.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-02-2016, 05:59 AM
Johny Hendricks is done.

Thompson absolutely demolished the shit out of him.

Hard to see where he goes from here, he's been on a slide since he won the title as he started to look towards not losing a fight rather than winning it. He's not going to touch any of the upper tier lads unless he gets one big punch off which looks unlikely, he can't move down as he struggles to make welterweight as is and he'd be torn to shreds and tossed around like a rag doll at middleweight.

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-02-2016, 06:41 PM
http://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/8/10937590/ufc-jon-jones-has-another-run-in-with-the-law-headed-back-to-court-wednesday-mma

Jon Jones is on his way back to court.

The former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion was cited by a Bernalillo County Sheriff's Deputy back on Jan. 31, 2016, after he was caught driving without a license, registration, or insurance, which amounts to a traffic stop hat trick.

John
09-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Johny Hendricks is done.

Thompson absolutely demolished the shit out of him.

Hard to see where he goes from here, he's been on a slide since he won the title as he started to look towards not losing a fight rather than winning it. He's not going to touch any of the upper tier lads unless he gets one big punch off which looks unlikely, he can't move down as he struggles to make welterweight as is and he'd be torn to shreds and tossed around like a rag doll at middleweight.

His ambitions may have changed since he won the title but he said he only fights in MMA to fund his love of wrestling, so I imagine three or four well paid years in the middle of the pack would suit him fine. He's probably done as a properly top level guy, although Stephen Thompson could do that do just about anyone on the feet. He's only had three fights since he won the title, one of which was the loss to Lawler, one of which he won, and the other he lost because he got cocky about his standup and paid the price against a far superior striker.

I don't see much of a shift towards trying not to lose there, if there's been a shift at all. He's just had a bad run.

Donald Cerrone is fighting again in a fortnight, by the way. When the fuck was that announced?

John
12-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Kevin Randleman has died of pneumonia.

Forty four years old. :(

Rubacava
21-02-2016, 07:54 PM
The Kimbo Slice vs. 'Dada 5000' fight from Bellator's show on Friday is probably the worst fight I've ever seen. It's very entertaining in a perverse way though, I haven't laughed as hard in weeks. It's worth going out of your way to watch even if just to see John McCarthy's complete disdain for both of them. One of the actual judges for the fight was in fits of laughter during the whole thing too.

I had high hopes for Royce Gracie vs. Ken Shamrock in the year 2016 being just as hilarious but Royce finished it quickly (albeit after a low blow he admitted was intentional). Hopefully that debacle of a show will persuade Bellator to stop putting on so many joke fights, although I'm sure the TV rating will end up being far higher than if they booked main events with real fighters so probably not.

EDIT: here's the finish of the Kimbo fight

http://abload.de/img/untitled-3mtq5l.gif

Waffdon
21-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Conor is looking fucking huge.

five time
21-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Kimbo was still gasping for breath during the post event press conference and he wasn't even the main event.

John Arne
22-02-2016, 05:01 AM
Conor is looking fucking huge.

Yeah, he looks good in the interview with the Irish bloke.

John
23-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Dos Anjos is out. :moop:

John Arne
23-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Well that's fucking shit.

John
23-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Broken foot, so there's no chance of pulling McGregor and rescheduling for a quick turnaround.

Cerrone will step in, the fucking nutjob. He fought the other night so weight shouldn't be an issue, and he finished it quickly so he should be in decent nick.

I'd fancy McGregor to mince him, but it'd be a nifty payday and if he did pull it off it would be massive.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-02-2016, 02:13 PM
ffs.

I wonder if they might just pull him.

If Eddie Alvarez was fit they could chuck them together for a interim title, I doubt Khabib would be ready and Pettis is coming off a loss.

Those are the top 3 guys in terms of rankings, after than you've got Tony Ferguson who is fighting Khabib in a month and a half and Cerrone who just fought at welterweight.

I guess Nate Diaz is the most viable option.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Broken foot, so there's no chance of pulling McGregor and rescheduling for a quick turnaround.

Cerrone will step in, the fucking nutjob. He fought the other night so weight shouldn't be an issue, and he finished it quickly so he should be in decent nick.

I'd fancy McGregor to mince him, but it'd be a nifty payday and if he did pull it off it would be massive.

Cerrone fought at Welter though, I doubt he'll be able to turn around so quickly jumping down a weight class.

John
23-02-2016, 02:26 PM
Yeah I forgot Cerrone had jumped up. He'll be kicking himself now.

John
23-02-2016, 02:52 PM
Thinking about it, there's no way they can pull him. A card sold with a superfight headlining can't function with the women's title taking top billing. Someone will have to step in. Khabib would smear him across the floor if he was ready to go, but I reckon Alvarez is more likely.

His fight was grueling but I don't think he picked up any serious knocks, did he?

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-02-2016, 02:56 PM
I assumed he had, he didn't even get a medical suspension.

Must be a first for a fight that went the distance, they usually hand out medical suspensions (with provisions) for fun.

John
23-02-2016, 03:04 PM
There will be plenty of grindathons that have gone the distance without anyone suffering serious damage.

Baz
23-02-2016, 04:20 PM
I watched that Kimbo Slice fight mentioned above, when it was on, and haven't laughed at MMA so much since Brock's chats with Joe Rogan. :lol:

John
23-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Dada almost died in hospital after it, apparently. He left his cut too late and dehydrated himself so badly his heart stopped and he went into renal failure that night.

Obviously he isn't a highly tuned athlete, but how the fuck is that allowed to happen in such a large organisation. Bellator is a joke.

Waffdon
23-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Well that fucking sucks.

Waffdon
23-02-2016, 06:32 PM
The amount of begging that is being done right now must be comical. I imagine Diaz will be given it. The shittalking will be a right laugh.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-02-2016, 06:33 PM
I'd love it if it goes to Diaz.

It's always fun seeing a Diaz getting smashed in the face and Conor would destroy him.

John
24-02-2016, 09:07 AM
It's Diaz at Welter.

Apparently they were making it a catchweight and negotiating the specifics but McGregor told them to make it at whatever weight Diaz is comfortable with, he didn't care. Fair play.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-02-2016, 01:37 PM
McGregor :cool:

I cannot wait for him to punch a hole in Diaz's face.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-02-2016, 01:40 PM
Oh and both Aldo and Edgar were offered the fight but turned it down.

Aldo wrote this earlier in the year too:

Hi everyone, i was quiet for a while because i was waiting for my rematch based on how the fight Went down, in fact I was already training for it, but apparently I was wrong. So I wanted to make something clear to UFC: for everything I have done, everything I have accepted and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot . My only exception would be fighting thenotorious , at any time, anywhere , and once that he is afraid and knows that I'm gonna win .... Doesn't have to be title fight against him. Keep my belt, but I wanna whoop ur ass anywhere.
@danawhite @lorenzofertitta @ufc keep ur word. I still believe in the company that I work for.
#rematch

:harold:

Waffdon
24-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Edgar's injured.

This should be great. Conor really gives no fucks, does he? If they were fighting at LW, there really was no upshot at all for Conor. I'd be more excited with him in WW - MacDonald and him would be tremendous.

Waffdon
24-02-2016, 09:38 PM
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/24/11107144/ufc-196-press-conference-video

Diaz is so far out his depth here. Cruz/Dillashaw all over again.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-02-2016, 10:41 PM
33 minutes in :eyemouth:

He makes gun signs with the right hand and animal balloons with the left hand.

Fucking hell.

Chrissy
25-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Got to give it to McGregor, he's going all the way up to 170 just to let that stoned mental fucknut fight him.

John
25-02-2016, 09:34 AM
He'd have been cutting to lightweight from about 180 anyway, so he's made things easier on himself as well as on Diaz. Diaz doesn't look like he walks around any bigger than that so there won't be a big difference between them. He's probably smaller, actually, because he doesn't strike me as having the discipline for a thirty pound weight cut.

Baz
25-02-2016, 04:42 PM
If Diaz wins, it could be the best post-fight in-octagon interview of all time. :drool:

Chrissy
26-02-2016, 06:33 PM
If Diaz wins, it could be the best post-fight in-octagon interview of all time. :drool:

I'd agree with that. I'm looking forward to alot more trash talking and banter with this.

John
26-02-2016, 06:42 PM
I reckon Diaz will be absolutely insufferable if he beats McGregor, which I thankfully cannot see happening. He was bad enough when he knocked out a terminally ill Gray Maynard, can you imagine the ego if he derails one of the biggest hype trains the sport has ever seen?

Disco
26-02-2016, 06:48 PM
I might start watching these, when is all this going on?

Baz
26-02-2016, 07:29 PM
I might start watching these, when is all this going on?There's one on tomorrow. Britain's Best Michael Bisping versus the one-time pound-for-pound the best in town clown Anderson Silva. Main card starts at 9PM.

Then there's one on next weekend, but it'll be early morning.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-02-2016, 04:40 PM
Catching up on last night and the Omielanczuk/Danho fight was the most bullshit thing ever.

No stamina whatsoever between the two, then Danho decides he can't be fucked so when he gets punched low (it was on the belt really) that he can't continue. At least the technical decision wasn't given to him I guess.

Edit: Scott Askham's finish :| Christ.

Edit: Even though Anderson did by far the most amount of damage it was primarily from the flying knee in the third and the front kick in the fifth, I also gave the fight to Bisping.

Anderson spent far too much time against the cage trying to set something up.

Waffdon
03-03-2016, 07:08 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcpUXAyUUAAdjRA.jpg:large

:drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Jesus.

Speaking of him, he still wants Lawler at 200 for the belt.

"I mean, dos Anjos is an absolute bum, I swear," McGregor said. "And he's still complaining. How do you pull out of a fight with a bruised foot and he's still talking all this sh*t and his team is talking all this sh*t? Man up and fight. C'mon. I don't know what to say to this guy."

"I like Robbie," McGregor said. I won't say a bad word about Robbie. He fights with his heart. He's been around the game so, so long. But if we fought, I would beat Robbie. I'm too fast for him. The size difference is not anything. I've stood beside him. I've seen him."

"I respect [Lawler] as a champion, as a man who drifted off, came back, stayed on it and rose up and became the welterweight champion," McGregor said. "We'll see how that goes. That is an appealing one for me, the welterweight [title]. All the belts. We'll see."

Baz
03-03-2016, 07:16 PM
All the belts. :D

Waffdon
03-03-2016, 09:38 PM
What is the point in Nate Diaz?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qq6mMVR1ng

phonics
03-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Heard an interesting bit on Second Captains, apparently McGregors ultimate goal is to win in every weight. I'm no aficionado of the sport but that can't be possible surely?

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-03-2016, 11:03 PM
It was a throwaway comment he made, his goal is to win 3 belts.

You will not see Conor McGregor at 5 foot 9 walking into an octagon at 206 pounds or above (for heavyweight).

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-03-2016, 11:40 PM
It's quite amusing hearing Nate always bring up McGregor taking on midgets when you look at some of the guys he has lost to:

Dos Anjos 5 foot 9, Ben Henderson 5 foot 9, Gray Maynard 5 foot 8, Koji Oishi 5 foot 8, Joe Stevenson 5 foot 7, Clay Guida 5 foot 7 and Hermes Franca 5 foot 6.

Waffdon
05-03-2016, 09:52 AM
MacDonald/Thompson will be immense. Not sure about the other announcements.

I just really want to see Mcgregor /Lawler or MacDonald

Smiffy
05-03-2016, 11:55 PM

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-03-2016, 12:05 AM
1am is when the prelim card starts on BT Sport 2, although the early prelims are about to start now.

Main card starts at 3am with the main event to go at around 5am.

Some interesting fights on the cards tonight, a little annoyed that Diego Sanchez/Jim Miller is on the earliest card but we're not in 2013.

John
06-03-2016, 12:07 AM
There will be three or four early finishes so that'll end up on the card at some point.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-03-2016, 12:09 AM
That's what I'm hoping for.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-03-2016, 12:10 AM
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/5/11165032/dana-white-joanna-jedrzejczyk-claudia-gadelha-got-into-full-blown

Jedrzejczyk, the UFC women's strawweight champion, and Gadelha got into a brawl after the finish of The Ultimate Fighter 23 recently, UFC president Dana White said Friday night at the EA Sports UFC 2 launch party at Mandalay Bay.

"Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Claudia Gadelha, on the last day of filming when everything shut down, got into a full-blown fist fight," White said. "Head kicks. Nasty fight in The Ultimate Fighter gym."

White separated Jedrzejczyk and Gadelha on Friday at the press conference just like he did in the final square off of the TUF season. But White was not around when the two were nearly alone together after the show wrapped, he said.

"The show is over, the cameras were put away," White said. "The sad and scary part was very few people were left in the gym. The last day of The Ultimate Fighter is almost like the last day of school. Everybody is signing each other's stuff and all this other stuff."

White said the two had a volatile relationship all season. And during the final faceoff, Gadelha cut off whatever Jedrzejczyk was going to say. White said Gadelha told Jedrzejczyk, "Shut the f*ck up, bitch."

"[She said,] 'I'm so fucking sick of listening to your mouth,'" White said. "And they started going at it and I pulled them apart."

The UFC boss said after the show finished up they were sitting on the benches and Jedrzejczyk threw a water bottle at Gadelha. Then, it erupted.

"You noticed when they were showing each other the water bottles [during the press conference]?" White said. "Joanna Jedrzejczyk hit her with a water bottle and that's how the fight started. Wait until you see this season of The Ultimate Fighter with these two. They hate each other and the staredown in the gym was even crazy before the fight happened."

Smiffy
06-03-2016, 12:44 AM

John
06-03-2016, 12:54 AM
There are always streams in the usual places. If you're getting into it though you should get BT. It's all on there for about a tenner a month

Smiffy
06-03-2016, 12:56 AM