PDA

View Full Version : [FOOTBALL] Weekend Football 2-4 October (Taz Special - Everton vs Liverpool)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Mazuuurk
03-10-2015, 11:06 PM
Just saw the Mourinho post match interview :cab:

The Merse
03-10-2015, 11:17 PM
The delusion is wonderful

Yevrah
03-10-2015, 11:34 PM
Just saw the result, it did look like they dominated the game from the stats.

Which is why stats in football are generally horsewank.

Giggles
03-10-2015, 11:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqrCBgpUxl8

Yevrah
03-10-2015, 11:37 PM
The first 40 seconds are so good, then he shits all over it.

QE Harold Flair
03-10-2015, 11:44 PM
That Lens finish. :drool:

He showed great focus. Certainly one for the cameras.

Lewis
03-10-2015, 11:47 PM
It makes you realise how Ferguson even made an art of being bitter and chippy. He never shat the bed in thirty years, yet he nobbled every referee.

Ian
03-10-2015, 11:49 PM
He showed great focus. Certainly one for the cameras.

A flash of brilliance.

Yevrah
03-10-2015, 11:51 PM
It makes you realise how Ferguson even made an art of being bitter and chippy. He never shat the bed in thirty years, yet he nobbled every referee.

It's a shame he didn't win enough to be regarded as the best manager ever, as he probably is.

Lewis
03-10-2015, 11:55 PM
Probably yeah.

QE Harold Flair
03-10-2015, 11:56 PM

I can't find the clip but I distinctly recall Ferguson losing his cool and saying Wenger (from Japan!) should keep his mouth shut, firmly shut.

Yevrah
03-10-2015, 11:57 PM
I can't find the clip but I distinctly recall Ferguson losing his cool and saying Wenger (from Japan!) should keep his mouth shut, firmly shut.

You might remember that, and it may well be true, but he donned the fuck out of Wenger time and time again, so it doesn't mean much.

QE Harold Flair
03-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Well he was in charge of a better team for the vast majority of the time, so yeah. But in terms of the off the field stuff, not really.

Jimmy Floyd
03-10-2015, 11:59 PM
Ferguson basically ran the British game certainly from the mid 90s until he retired, and it's striking the sort of differences that there are now that he is gone. Not as many managerial posts for his ex-players, not as many helpful loan deals, teams go to Old Trafford and play, there's not even a pretence that managers have any say in transfer dealings...

Jimmy Floyd
04-10-2015, 12:00 AM
That interview is bloody classic. Why would you not want a lunatic like that in charge? He's hilarious. Football is about entertainment.

QE Harold Flair
04-10-2015, 12:03 AM
Make your mind up, I'm pretty sure you said it was about winning things when confronted by Mourinho parking the bus.

Yevrah
04-10-2015, 12:04 AM
Well he was in charge of a better team for the vast majority of the time, so yeah. But in terms of the off the field stuff, not really.

You genuinely think Wenger can hold a candle to Fergie?

QE Harold Flair
04-10-2015, 12:10 AM
You genuinely think Wenger can hold a candle to Fergie?

Yes, I do. Ferguson was blessed with a whole team which eminated from an unsurpassed youth academy (and when they all fucked off it wasn't so easy for him). Prior to our stadium move, he very much 'held a candle to him' despite United being the biggest club in the world and us being nowhere near it. I'm not saying Wenger was better but I'm not having Ferguson paraded as some genius. He was a motivator above all else.

Yevrah
04-10-2015, 12:13 AM
Being a motivator (and he was without a doubt the best motivator ever) doesn't invalidate his achievements, it's just a reason for them.

10 years ago I'd have said it was close between the two, but what Wenger's presided over over the last 10 years makes it a chasm. And it's got very little to do with the stadium. Wenger's just bought badly and managed them badly. At least compared to his lofty standards before.

Jimmy Floyd
04-10-2015, 12:14 AM
Who was that idiot who made the 'realistic Arsenal database' again? Because you're basically her.

Lewis
04-10-2015, 12:14 AM
The youth academy that he developed, filled with players he personally signed... When exactly did it start becoming difficult for him as well? When David Beckham left? When Gary Neville retired?

Yevrah
04-10-2015, 12:15 AM
Who was that idiot who made the 'realistic Arsenal database' again? Because you're basically her.

Indeed. I know it's hard for the Arsenal fathful to cope with, but Wenger just isn't that good. There's been no evidence of it for 10 years for fuck's sake.

Lewis
04-10-2015, 12:17 AM
The fact 'LvG' (say what you want, he's widely-respected and has medals) has had to spend three-hundred million quid clearing a load of shit out tells you how good Ferguson was. He won the title with that load of shit.

Jimmy Floyd
04-10-2015, 12:23 AM
I'm a Wenger fan but to compare him to Ferguson is absolutely laughable. No one man in British football history comes close to Ferguson.

QE Harold Flair
04-10-2015, 12:24 AM

What have I said that isn't true?

Lewis
04-10-2015, 12:26 AM
Come to think of it, there is an argument that Ferguson achieved more at Aberdeen than Wenger has at Arsenal.

QE Harold Flair
04-10-2015, 12:28 AM
The youth academy that he developed, filled with players he personally signed... When exactly did it start becoming difficult for him as well? When David Beckham left? When Gary Neville retired?

That was a freak group, though. He never got anywhere near that again.

Yevrah
04-10-2015, 12:28 AM
Wenger was great, there's no doubt about that, but he isn't any more and hasn't been for some time.

Jimmy Floyd
04-10-2015, 12:30 AM
That was a freak group, though. He never got anywhere near that again.

This isn't a good look, Harold. Your argument is basically 'Ferguson did really well, but because he did really well, his achievements were lesser'.

7om
04-10-2015, 12:31 AM
It's a pretty good monologue, that, but not exactly groundbreaking. The vast majority of managers would have had a pop at the referee when there was a potential penalty decision at 1-1. Although there were a couple of seconds out of the seven minutes when he did look a little tapped. He had the Nigel Pearson eyes a few times.

QE Harold Flair
04-10-2015, 12:32 AM
This isn't a good look, Harold. Your argument is basically 'Ferguson did really well, but because he did really well, his achievements were lesser'.

I've never said his achievements are lesser. He is the best manager there's been in this country but things were all in place. So perhaps it's overstated a bit. I've got more time for the likes of Clough, personally - taking tin pot teams to the very top.

Yevrah
04-10-2015, 12:33 AM
I've never said his achievments are lesser. He is the best manager there's been in this country but things were all in place. So perhaps it's overstated a bit.

How were things all in place? He took over a basket case that hadn't won the league in what, 25 years?

QE Harold Flair
04-10-2015, 12:34 AM
It's a pretty good monologue, that, but not exactly groundbreaking. The vast majority of managers would have had a pop at the referee when there was a potential penalty decision at 1-1. Although there were a couple of seconds out of the seven minutes when he did look a little tapped. He had the Nigel Pearson eyes a few times.

Yes, if that wasn't accompaniede by the fact he had 2 much clearer penalties against his own team not given, allied to his insinuations that there's a conspiracy against his team.

Jimmy Floyd
04-10-2015, 12:35 AM
He spent the period 1986-1991 or so actually putting them into place. The story I always remember is the first game against Oxford and the bus driver having a seat on the bench.

QE Harold Flair
04-10-2015, 12:36 AM
How were things all in place? He took over a basket case that hadn't won the league in what, 25 years?

United were pretty much the biggest club in the world ever since that plane crash. They were awash with money - they just had shit managers for ages, and then there's the freak youth lot which I've already covered.

Yevrah
04-10-2015, 12:37 AM
United were pretty much the biggest club in the world ever since that plane crash. They were awash with money - they just had shit managers for ages, and then there's the freak youth lot which I've already covered.

You're nuts.

Liverpool were a far far far bigger club than Utd when he took over.

Jimmy Floyd
04-10-2015, 12:37 AM

Marble halls much?

QE Harold Flair
04-10-2015, 12:40 AM
You're nuts.

Liverpool were a far far far bigger club than Utd when he took over.

They weren't. More successful at the time, but not bigger. There's a difference. Just like City are more successful now but will never be a bigger club.

Yevrah
04-10-2015, 12:40 AM
Ok, I'm done with the foreplay.

Which managers in world football today are better than Wenger? Are there any?

QE Harold Flair
04-10-2015, 12:42 AM
Yes, several. Wenger was a game changer in the way clubs did things. But he doesn't hold that advantage now. Gone are the days when we regularly got the best youth/unknowns and made them world stars.

Lewis
04-10-2015, 12:45 AM
It was Wenger who walked into a tasty set-up. The back five was well-established, Dennis Bergkamp and Ian Wright were already there. He brought in Patrick Vieira, and then Marc Overmars and Emmanuel Petit, but spent more than United that season doing so. Buying success and living off other people. Shit.

Jimmy Floyd
04-10-2015, 12:45 AM
I forgot the part where he introduced Mediterranean cuisine to Britain.

Looking back, the moment when Wenger began to die was the moment Henry and Pires tried that 'training ground' penalty. The most self-indulgent thing ever attempted on a football pitch and it began the end of his spell at the top.

Lewis
04-10-2015, 12:48 AM
So Wenger also failed to change with the times. I thought you were defending him?

Yevrah
04-10-2015, 12:50 AM

Looking back, the moment when Wenger began to die was the moment Henry and Pires tried that 'training ground' penalty. The most self-indulgent thing ever attempted on a football pitch and it began the end of his spell at the top.

That and the '50 not out' t-shirts were the death knell.

QE Harold Flair
04-10-2015, 01:11 AM

Yea, that was it.

QE Harold Flair
04-10-2015, 01:12 AM
So Wenger also failed to change with the times. I thought you were defending him?

I think you'll find everyone else is making that claim, not me.

Mellberg
04-10-2015, 01:40 AM
Yes, I do. Ferguson was blessed with a whole team which eminated from an unsurpassed youth academy (and when they all fucked off it wasn't so easy for him). Prior to our stadium move, he very much 'held a candle to him' despite United being the biggest club in the world and us being nowhere near it. I'm not saying Wenger was better but I'm not having Ferguson paraded as some genius. He was a motivator above all else.

He won the Champions League after they left, bar Giggs and Scholes, who were both well on their way at that stage. It's far more than Wenger, and Arsenal, have ever managed.

QE Harold Flair
04-10-2015, 01:49 AM
Well it's a good job I never said Wenger was better then, isn't it.

niko_cee
04-10-2015, 07:17 AM

Mantralux.

Mike
04-10-2015, 07:42 AM
Happy Derby Day :D

John
04-10-2015, 07:59 AM
The Kevin de Bruyne and Lens goals were absolutely brilliant.

What the fuck are MOTD up to doing a ten minute feature on a children's side playing on a park in Sunderland? They don't even have goal of the month on it anymore and they're finding time for that gubbins.

Angelsaint
04-10-2015, 08:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqrCBgpUxl8This is the interview you criticize him? Well... He is basically right. Someone to find a lie on his words please.

Giggles
04-10-2015, 08:23 AM
This is the interview you criticize him? Well... He is basically right. Someone to find a lie on his words please.

I just posted the video.

John
04-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Good stuff from Tim Sherwood. He's used the non-word 'factsies'.

Andy
04-10-2015, 08:32 AM
We where pretty good yesterday. Well worth the £50.

Angelsaint
04-10-2015, 08:32 AM
I just posted the video.Most understand that from the fact I Quoted you...

Dquincy
04-10-2015, 08:33 AM
This is the interview you criticize him? Well... He is basically right. Someone to find a lie on his words please.

You're missing the point massively, he's failed to note the two clear pens for Southampton way before his greivences. And he genuinely thinks Chelsea lost that game because of the ref....the bloke is deluded. Chelsea were awful and well beaten. I watched the match and it could have been a wider margin.

Dquincy
04-10-2015, 08:34 AM
Indeed. I know it's hard for the Arsenal fathful to cope with, but Wenger just isn't that good. There's been no evidence of it for 10 years for fuck's sake.

Agree with this. I like Arsenal, but Wenger has had his time. The club is stagnant and needs a new direction.

For the money and size of the club, they have won very little in the last ten years.

Multi
04-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Arsenal have just been reborn and will rise again like a glorious phoenix. League title this year or next.

Edit: When it happens I'll be back to post this pic again:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Atasel/wenger1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Atasel/media/wenger1.jpg.html)

niko_cee
04-10-2015, 08:40 AM
De Bruyne shinned that volley. The commentator going on about him lifting it over the 'keeper. One of the goombas in the studio was one the case at least.

Pen
04-10-2015, 08:55 AM
Even if that was the case, it still was a really nice goal. Probably even more so because of it. That Lens goal was still probably my pick of yesterdays goals though, I love lobbed finishes like that.

Angelsaint
04-10-2015, 08:56 AM
You're missing the point massively, he's failed to note the two clear pens for Southampton way before his greivences. And he genuinely thinks Chelsea lost that game because of the ref....the bloke is deluded. Chelsea were awful and well beaten. I watched the match and it could have been a wider margin.

You completely missed his point,deliberately or not. He said the penalty at that particularly point was crucial. And he clearly states that he is talking about refereeing in general, not only in this game. Actually not only refereeing, the Gabriel getting no suspension and Diego 3 would be shameful for the most corrupt African FA.

niko_cee
04-10-2015, 08:57 AM
Oh, it was a fine goal, I just objected to the MotD guy claiming he'd deliberately tried to lift it over the 'keeper.

niko_cee
04-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Jesus, how did Greer miss that?

Ian
04-10-2015, 09:38 AM
De Bruyne shinned that volley. The commentator going on about him lifting it over the 'keeper. One of the goombas in the studio was one the case at least.

Yeah, the bit where he'd apparently intentionally applied top-spin, with his shin, to have it travel in that precise arc. It's a pity that NARRATIVE and BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD have stopped half the commentators and pundits commenting on what they can actually see.

They don't even have goal of the month on it anymore

This still annoys me, I barely see GOTM any more. Fuck Match of the Day 2.

Davgooner
04-10-2015, 10:31 AM
Another discussion about Wenger? You boring fucks.

Andy
04-10-2015, 11:15 AM
Lets all talk about Sadio Mane and Graziano Pelle instead. Dons.

Yevrah
04-10-2015, 11:24 AM
I hope this afternoon's SUPER SUNDAY isn't the turgid pile of shite it promises to be.

Reg
04-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Everton/Liverpool is set up to be really good, I think.

Arsenal/United could well be boring though. United have actually been playing some good football recently though, seem to be moving away from the snorefest philosophy a bit.

Not sure about the Madrid derby. Depends how negatively Benitez sets them up, and even more-so on how scrappy it is.

Baz
04-10-2015, 11:28 AM
Today's gonna be top. Two amazing games await, really.

Walcott and Deulofeu to run riot.

randomlegend
04-10-2015, 11:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ipjivKv.png?1

That's such a great picture/headline combination.

:D

Davgooner
04-10-2015, 11:59 AM
I hope this afternoon's SUPER SUNDAY isn't the turgid pile of shite it promises to be.

I really don't see anything turgid in our game. Do you think we're going to shut up shop? It's got all the makings of a complete shambles on our part.

Yevrah
04-10-2015, 12:03 PM
Arsenal and Man Utd haven't shared a properly good game for ages.

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 12:06 PM
All out Shitfest Sunday about to begin. I fear for us, I really do.

Though the rumours are Rodgers is gone with a defeat, so it's win-win really.

Waffdon
04-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Bayern/Dortmund and the Madrid derby if you fancy it. PSG/Marseille to round the night off.

No John Stones. :( Could a right few goals in this - hopefully Everton don't do a Hibs/DUndee again

Davgooner

You after a 4-4?

QE Harold Flair
No Koscielny is quite scary.

Pen
04-10-2015, 12:14 PM

I was going to say that the 8-2 wasn't that long ago, but it seems it was four years ago. Not feeling confident at all even though United are in better form of the two and haven't lost to Arsenal at the Emirates since 2011.

Davgooner
04-10-2015, 12:16 PM
If Ramsey lines up on the right again then I'm going to have to drink myself into a coma to get through the game.

Yevrah
04-10-2015, 12:24 PM
You after a 4-4?

Nope, just something better than the normal cautious shitfests.

Pen
04-10-2015, 12:37 PM
Apparently Advocaat has walked out.

(Heard it on the stream I'm watching)

Pen
04-10-2015, 12:39 PM
And regarding that we should probably all pile up on Sunderland against Newcastle in a few weeks as this is like the fourth time in the past few seasons where they have sacked/lost their manager few weeks prior to facing Newcastle and they've won every time.

Ian
04-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Yep, they've said it on the Sky coverage too. Just throw all their managerial money at Allardyce for the season if nothing else.

Davgooner
04-10-2015, 12:41 PM
Nope, just something better than the normal cautious shitfests.

You're confusing being shit was being cautious, certainly on our part.

Pen
04-10-2015, 12:41 PM
My stream is actually the Sky one as well it seems.

Reg
04-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Coutinho has barely touched the ball. I'd get him behind the strikers. Rodgers has gone a lot more defensive since people have started wondering if he's pants.

Jimmy Floyd
04-10-2015, 12:45 PM
The Goodison Seethe is going at full volume nice and early.

Davgooner
04-10-2015, 12:48 PM
It never actually dies down. Even in open play there's always a low-level seethe that can be heard.

Waffdon
04-10-2015, 12:48 PM
Cracking game. Naismith NAP to score.

Reg
04-10-2015, 12:56 PM
I can't work out what they're so bothered about most of the time. They aren't happy with anything. It's like 50% of the crowd are permanently booing quietly, and the others join in whenever they're not verbally abusing whoever's got the ball.

Jimmy Floyd
04-10-2015, 12:57 PM
It never actually dies down. Even in open play there's always a low-level seethe that can be heard.

I don't get it. At other grounds, if your own player clatters someone late there's a sort of groan and a fuck's sake. At Goodison it's a FAAAAAAAUUUUUUAAAAAAA!!!!!!! aimed at the referee.

John
04-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Liverpool appear to have deployed a ringer in goal.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Emre Can :harold:

What a mong he is.

Ian
Lol at near-handbags over that.

Sir Andy Mahowry
Barkley is lucky that Can didn't pull a knife out of his pocket.

Reg
04-10-2015, 01:06 PM
As if Can holding the ball should have started all that. What a load of wallies.

Jimmy Floyd
04-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Zonal marking prevails again.

Davgooner
04-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Quality marking.

Sakho doing his best to increase the seethe during the celebration there.

Waffdon
04-10-2015, 01:13 PM
Clueless without Stones' leadership.

CJay
04-10-2015, 01:13 PM
About time we scored from a corner.

Yevrah
04-10-2015, 01:14 PM
What defending that was.

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 01:15 PM
I didn't know you were allowed to score from a corner. I thought it was a free short pass to increase your pass completion percentage.

Jimmy Floyd
04-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Why is Emre Can a professional player?

John
Top stuff from Emre Can.

Yevrah
Ooof.

More quality defending mind.

Waffdon
04-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Deulofeu is a proper winger :drool:

Baz
Sakho doing his best to increase the seethe during the celebration there.:D

Would like to see a number of touches comparison between Coutinho and Delofeu. I'd be surprised if either had more than five.

Serj
Can is actually quite good, just not as a central defender.

Boydy
04-10-2015, 01:19 PM
To be fair to Can, he's a midfielder. I don't know why they keep playing him in defence.

Baz
04-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Can'll end up getting sent off today.

Luke Emia
04-10-2015, 01:39 PM
I like Can but he isn't a centre half. Emergency situations maybe. But, Rodgers isn't having it though.

Luke Emia
04-10-2015, 01:42 PM
I know we are pretty shit at the back but Lukaku is like kryptonite to our centre halves. Like a more expensive Dwight Gayle.

John Arne
04-10-2015, 01:50 PM
Sturridge the shrugger just standing around moajing at everybody else.

Adamski
04-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Surprised to see the amount of people backing Everton in this game.

Dquincy
04-10-2015, 01:53 PM
You completely missed his point,deliberately or not. He said the penalty at that particularly point was crucial. And he clearly states that he is talking about refereeing in general, not only in this game. Actually not only refereeing, the Gabriel getting no suspension and Diego 3 would be shameful for the most corrupt African FA.

Haha, love it. Listen to the reporter's question and then Jose's answer. The man has gone insane.

John Arne
04-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Another wank performance from Milner.

Boydy
04-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Coutinho's not done much today.

Serj
04-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Milner's actually looked better here than Coutinho, I think. He's the only one providing runs from central midfield. Been quieter in the second half, though.

Dquincy
04-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Another wank performance from Milner.

Steady, was just a misplaced pass.

John Arne
04-10-2015, 02:00 PM
I'm talking abut the whole game. And I posted that before the shit pass.

Reg
04-10-2015, 02:00 PM
Miner's played two class through balls, closed down more than anyone else and actually got on the ball and played. Whereas Coutinho has done zilch.

Serj
04-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Sakho's mental tackles in the box. :cool:

Dquincy
04-10-2015, 02:02 PM
Our (Liverpool) defensive play is really poor, isn't it.

It seems so....shit. Is it the players or the system?

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 02:06 PM
What the shit is bringing Ings off?

Ian
04-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Our (Liverpool) defensive play is really poor, isn't it.

It seems so....shit. Is it the players or the system?

Bit of both.

Davgooner
04-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Ramsey. :drink:

Waffdon
04-10-2015, 02:08 PM
What a bottling shitcunt.

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Our hand hovering over the implosion button.

Ian
04-10-2015, 02:09 PM
That's criminal from McCarthy. Hairdryer treatment for that even if nothing came of it for Liverpool.

Serj
04-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Lucas, you fruitcake, stop trying to get sent off.

Lewis
04-10-2015, 02:12 PM
World Clashley Young at right-back. :drool:

Dquincy
Can, our centre back, making a lovely driving run into Everton's box. :cab:

Magic
Dung at right back. :D

This could be a high scoring defensive shitfest with Koschy missing.

Dquincy
04-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Who's Dung?

Magic
04-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Also I bet Toby is finding all these goals and shit defending and non-boring games extremely boring.

Ian
04-10-2015, 02:19 PM
Unless it's some sort of bizarre Philosophy masterplan I don't see why you'd have Young and Darmian the way round the BBC have them.

Dquincy
04-10-2015, 02:21 PM
Sakho and Lukaku, that was just embarrassing.

Reg
04-10-2015, 02:21 PM
What does Lennon offer? He seems to have lost his pace, doesn't move much, and just has quite a good touch. It's like McCarthy playing right wing - never going to do much.

Lewis
04-10-2015, 02:23 PM
I'm seething that my first vbookie bet has flopped. Everton always lose the derby, so 'Brendan' has a lot to answer for.

Danny
04-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Who's Dung?

I am guessing Young/Dung.

Thats probably funny to a Leeds fan.

Dquincy
04-10-2015, 02:24 PM
I'm seething that my first vbookie bet has flopped. Everton always lose the derby, so 'Brendan' has a lot to answer for.

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/seethe

Luke Emia
04-10-2015, 02:24 PM
Good 40 minutes followed by 50 minutes of turd. Looks like we are hoping on Spurs to sound the death knell. One win in nine.

John Arne
04-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Unless it's some sort of bizarre Philosophy masterplan I don't see why you'd have Young and Darmian the way round the BBC have them.
It's just the BBC being lazy, as per.

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 02:26 PM

Rodgers record v Everton.

P7 W1 D6 L0

Lewis
04-10-2015, 02:28 PM
Exactly. Didn't David Moyes win one derby in forty years or something shite like that?

Weaver
04-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Young replaced Valencia at RB during the week, IIRC, with Darmian staying at LB, so they mightn't necessarily be wrong.

Danny
04-10-2015, 02:30 PM
https://www.facebook.com/www.JOE.co.uk/videos/561103487387055/?fref=nf

Reg
04-10-2015, 02:31 PM
The BBC have it right, Young right side and Darmian left. That's how they played the second half in midweek.

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 02:32 PM
Everton have only won 3 derbies since 2000. Lewis

Ian
04-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Ah, I only saw the goals midweek so I was unaware. Still doesn't make any fucking sense to me but then I don't have a philosophy so what do I know?

Reg
04-10-2015, 03:00 PM
He's swapped it anyway. :D

Adamski
04-10-2015, 03:01 PM
What do we think is the better front 4 out of these two teams?

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-10-2015, 03:02 PM
"There's no pressure for me. My worry is for the team and you have seen a response of how they feel. This is a team which has lost four of the real catalysts and there is a constant rebuilding going on here."

:harold:

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 03:05 PM
Very loud rumours today that Klopp has agreed a 3 year deal with Rodgers gone regardless of how we would have done today. To be announced today or tomorrow.

I don't believe it, but I don't know any more.

Yevrah
04-10-2015, 03:06 PM
Nice goal that and a pleasantly surprising start.

Yevrah
Fucking hell.

Ian
Jesus wept.

Danny
Deserved goal for Arsenal there. United not at the races yet.

randomlegend
04-10-2015, 03:07 PM
Lol...

Sir Andy Mahowry
Oh how I love our defending.

Serj
What about that for a start. Great stuff from Arsenal.

Danny
Christ

niko_cee
:D

About time someone gave this absolute shower a good shafting.

Kiko's about to go on a killing spree on Holloway road.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-10-2015, 03:08 PM
:face:

Fucking hell.

Magic
04-10-2015, 03:09 PM

8-2?

Ian
04-10-2015, 03:11 PM
Great first touch from Captain Hairline there.

randomlegend
04-10-2015, 03:11 PM
Arsenal are going to get about 20 here.

Lewis
04-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Let Arsenal tire themselves out. Philosophy.

Jimmy Floyd
Everyone on United please.

randomlegend
I can't believe we've got two 90 year olds in central midfield and Schneiderlin on the bench against this Arsenal team.

Danny
04-10-2015, 03:15 PM

8-2?

No. We won't get 2.

Waffdon
04-10-2015, 03:18 PM
What was De Gea doing?

niko_cee
04-10-2015, 03:19 PM
Aye, it did look a bit of a fuck up for that first one.

Waffdon
This is very funny.

Yevrah
Boom.

Let's see LvG sideways pass his way out of this one.

Ian
Well this is grim.

Trancemeister
04-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Holy fuck

niko_cee
Lordy.

randomlegend
He was lucky that fell to him after Darmian's tackle, but that's a fucking stunning hit.

Yevrah
Oh and Wenger lives to fight another day and the cycle shall repeat again.

Sir Andy Mahowry
What the fuck?

Waffdon
It was so fucking obvious what he was doing. Nice to see someone attack this pathetic defence.

Ian
Boom.

Let's see LvG sideways pass his way out of this one.

United'll need to get the ball first.

7om
04-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Sanchez is a fucking beast.

niko_cee
04-10-2015, 03:21 PM
This really could be anything. Arsenal better not let up.

Ian
04-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Marshall's work with the ball has been piss. Not that his team-mates are offering him much (or doing anything much better) but still.

Dquincy
04-10-2015, 03:26 PM
What a start, and Man Utd's defending. :D

The greatest league in the world.

Jimmy Floyd
04-10-2015, 03:27 PM
What is going on with those United shorts?

Waffdon
04-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Eriksen's free kicks :)

The Merse
04-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Rooney really is average these days isn't he?

Cord
04-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Using a corner as an opportunity to send it back into your own half.

What a philosophy :drool:

randomlegend
What is going on with those United shorts?

I had a moan about them when they were first posted in the kit thread; they seriously are awful aren't they?

Lewis
Dive.

Ian
04-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Hopefully Arsenal will declare at half time and let us have a go.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Rooney really is average these days isn't he?

Average is being kind to him.

The Merse
04-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Average is being kind to him.

He looks listless most of the time, he's always had ability, but without drive he's nothing. He's not good enough to drift in and out of matches.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-10-2015, 03:35 PM
At least that Ramsay chance raises a smile.

randomlegend
04-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Kane back to scoring :henn0rz:

Waffdon
04-10-2015, 03:37 PM
That Kane own goal was rather special.

Yevrah
That shitty chip just sums him up these days.

The Merse
Harry Kane on the scoresheat again :lol:

Turning into a perfect day this.

randomlegend
04-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Rooney :sick:

Reg
04-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Was that Rooney trying to chip Cech? The man can pretty much touch his head on the crossbar.

If it was a cross it was even worse.

Gary Neville hates this midfield, he'll have half an hour dedicated to ripping United apart tomorrow night.

Lewis
04-10-2015, 03:40 PM
United aren't crabbing it around aimlessly enough.

Dquincy
04-10-2015, 03:41 PM
It's like this a training game :cab:

Yevrah
04-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Quite like a good Gary Neville seethe. Only a shame he dropped the 'Man Utd don't do things like that' line.

randomlegend
04-10-2015, 03:42 PM
He's got good reason to hate it. You'd get ripped to shreds playing that on Football Manager for fuck's sake.

Dquincy
04-10-2015, 03:44 PM
At least that Ramsay chance raises a smile.

That Cech save raised a smile. He's bloody good.

Boom-Boom
04-10-2015, 03:45 PM
Depay has been really poor this half. Constantly loosing the ball.

randomlegend
Rooney looked like he'd decided he wants to be a football player again for about 30 seconds then.

Cue him scoring an own goal.

Lewis
I'd like to see Valencia on for Mata to recycle possession more effectively.

Dquincy
04-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Arsenal are getting sloppy here. It's not over yet.

randomlegend
04-10-2015, 03:46 PM
I'd like to see Valencia on for Mata to recycle possession more effectively.

He's going to take Martial off for Fellaini isn't he...

Ian
04-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Good control there, pity he couldn't just lift it a bit more.

Would be good to bundle one in before half time.

Though it'd lead to an unbearable half time and Arsenal waking up and twatting another three in after the half, no doubt.

Ian
04-10-2015, 03:48 PM
And whoever it was who commented recently about United hating to pass to the man on the overlap has it right. Absolutely no interest in stretching the defence that way for some reason.

Dquincy
04-10-2015, 03:49 PM
It was me.

Danny
04-10-2015, 03:50 PM
And whoever it was who commented recently about United hating to pass to the man on the overlap has it right. Absolutely no interest in stretching the defence that way for some reason.

I am sure Harold has a screenshot of him saying it somewhere.

Davgooner
04-10-2015, 03:52 PM
Another couple and I think we can win this.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-10-2015, 03:56 PM

What an own goal that is.

Waffdon
04-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Quality composure from Muller.

dunno why Reus is dropped.

Ian
04-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Here comes Fellainimania. :drool:

Ian
04-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Man, all it took was for United to be dead and buried (probably? :henn0rz:) for Rooney to look like a professional footballer again.

Reg
04-10-2015, 04:10 PM
It's times like this when United must be glad they sold di Maria and kept an Everton target man whose feet might as well be balloons.

Jimmy Floyd
04-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Juventus 1-0 down at home to Bologna. Are they just trying to make it more challenging for themselves?

Waffdon
Aubameyang scored in ten consecutive league games now. Geezer.

Dquincy
Why wasn't that Man Utd player booked for that foul on the edge of the box?

Dquincy
04-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Ramsey isn't the confident chap from yester year is he.

Ian
04-10-2015, 04:16 PM
It's times like this when United must be glad they sold di Maria and kept an Everton target man whose feet might as well be balloons.

Because Di Maria coming on and running into people is exactly what would rectify this situation.

Ian
04-10-2015, 04:20 PM
Schweinsteiger spooning crosses in for NFEC Chris Smalling really is the stuff dreams are made of.

Waffdon
04-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Another free kick from Eriksen. His are actually shots as well.

Giggles
04-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Forgot this was on because of the NFL game. The own goal looked special.

Reg
04-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Because Di Maria coming on and running into people is exactly what would rectify this situation.
I was thinking more scoring/assist, as he did as much as anyone bar Rooney, and as he is doing for PSG.

SvN
04-10-2015, 04:32 PM
Di Maria was shit, didn't want to be here, and was rightly sold.

Reg
04-10-2015, 04:34 PM
Shit but produced as many goals as anyone bar one player. :scratch:

Ian
04-10-2015, 04:34 PM
Tyler is fucking desperate for United to score.

I was thinking more scoring/assist, as he did as much as anyone bar Rooney, and as he is doing for PSG.

Wasn't most of his statistical good work done in the first few months?

Lewis
04-10-2015, 04:36 PM
United should never have sold Ronaldo. He would have scored four today.

Reg
04-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Yep.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Stop clutching at straws Reg, your 'man of the match in a Champions League final' Dire Maria was a flop.

Suggesting anything else is lunacy at this stage.

Toby
04-10-2015, 04:40 PM
produced as many goals as anyone bar one player.

Fairly sure that's the most contrived sentence I'm going to see today, and I've just come from catching up on the Werewolf thread.

Shindig
04-10-2015, 04:42 PM
And so ends Dick Advocaat's last job in football.

Reg
04-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Hey? It might not read very prettily but it's factually correct.

I personally don't think a player who manages such a thing should be considered a flop. But like you all, I'm kinda bored of the subject.

Jimmy Floyd
04-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Rooney isn't offering United anything these days, especially on his wages. Surely he's got to go.

Toby
04-10-2015, 04:45 PM
I'd watch yourself, Jimmy, or he'll end up as a Chelsea panic buy in January.

Max Power
04-10-2015, 04:48 PM
"Lewandowski! More like Lewangoalski!!"

Actual words spoken by the BT sport commentator

Jimmy Floyd
04-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Nothing like a good panic buy. What's Cafu up to these days?

Benny
04-10-2015, 04:50 PM
What a save by Lloris.

Lewis
Swapping shirts after a league game. Fucking hell.

Raoul Duke
Bayern are elbows deep in Dortmund without any lube here.

QE Harold Flair
04-10-2015, 04:54 PM
Wenger out

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Dortmund's defending there was even worse than Man United's.