PDA

View Full Version : What do you live in?

Jimmy Floyd
22-02-2018, 10:58 PM
Finally getting around to start moving out at the age of whatever the fuck I now am, as it just hasn't been affordable until now (at least without uprooting my life to some northern shit tip like my brother has), it makes me wonder about everyone else's living arrangements. Poll to follow.

Can you see a time a few years down the line when there are a host of 40 and 50 year olds still living with their dribbling boomer parents? And how can we solve THE HOUSING CRISIS without tarmacing over the country?

Kikó
22-02-2018, 11:03 PM
I rent a flat in the old Highbury stadium. It's cool as fuck.

Ian
22-02-2018, 11:05 PM
I rent a flat in a northern shit-tip.

How old are you, Jim?

Shindig
22-02-2018, 11:06 PM
I rent a flat in a northern shitpit with ideas above it's station. I'd like to live closer to work but students have the town by the bollocks.

Mike
22-02-2018, 11:07 PM
I own a two bedroom flat, I bought it new and it’s in the middle of a nice new estate.
I wish I had a garden in the summer but apart from that I’ve no complaints.

Jimmy Floyd
22-02-2018, 11:09 PM
I rent a flat in a northern shit-tip.

How old are you, Jim?

Ian
22-02-2018, 11:22 PM
That's younger than in a lot of the stories you read about people still being 'at home.'

I moved out from my parents' for uni semesters and then permanently post-uni but lived with my sister for ages. I've been in my own flat for just about seven years now.

My parents have now moved in with me because they've sold their house to move up so they're with me until they buy something.

It had better be soon otherwise I'm going to be finding excuses to go out. I get on with my parents but I need time to myself.

Shindig
22-02-2018, 11:31 PM
I was 28 when I moved out on my own. I was kinda surprised how easy the whole process was.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-02-2018, 11:41 PM
I live with my Mum and my Sister.

Gave my Mum quite a wedge to do renovations on the house and when she sells it in a couple of years I'll get my money back plus some extra.

Raoul Duke
22-02-2018, 11:42 PM
I rent a 1-bed flat in Zone 2. We're thinking of moving nearer to where I work (north London, maybe Highgate or Belsize Park). Possibly looking at a 2-bed in case we have a kid.

I could buy somewhere but I think the market's going to go tits up sometime soon. Mind you, if I'd have bought rather than rent when I moved here I could have paid off a fair chunk of the mortgage by now :moop:

John
22-02-2018, 11:43 PM
You're charging your mum interest?

I own a three bedroom in a northern shit tip.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-02-2018, 11:50 PM
You're charging your mum interest?

I own a three bedroom in a northern shit tip.

It was her idea.

She wanted to do renovations to increase the sell price of the house but didn't have the money. With the inheritance (of which I'm still owed a good chunk) she suggested I pay for it and then I'd have more money for a deposit.

Boydy
23-02-2018, 12:01 AM
Are you renting or buying, Jim? Will you be living alone?

Any of you who live alone? Do you enjoy it or do you get lonely? Sometimes I think I'd like it but I'd probably turn into a right hermit.

Pepe
23-02-2018, 12:07 AM
Flat = apartment, right? If so, I rent a three bedroom flat.

mugbull
23-02-2018, 12:14 AM
Living with 4 buddies at the moment. I'd never, ever want to live alone.

Lewis
23-02-2018, 12:17 AM
How many illegals are in that third bedroom?

Pepe
23-02-2018, 12:17 AM
Four kittens and their mother as we speak.

Spoonsky
23-02-2018, 02:57 AM
I'm in student housing, but next year I'm renting an apartment together with three friends. I could imagine living on my own though I'd worry about becoming a hermit as well.

Giggles
23-02-2018, 05:51 AM
House. Rented.

Mike
23-02-2018, 06:22 AM

Any of you who live alone? Do you enjoy it or do you get lonely? Sometimes I think I'd like it but I'd probably turn into a right hermit.

It was strange at first but now I’m used to it it’s great.
I think the only thing I miss is when I lived with a mate years ago we’d just get home from work some days and nip for a pint with no planning needed.

Giggles
23-02-2018, 07:50 AM

I managed to live alone for years when I was up your way as houses are so cheap to rent, loved it. Fucking hate house sharing, especially if you get some cunt who wants to be matey. Just let me go to my room and fuck off please.

McAvennie
23-02-2018, 08:01 AM
I own my 4 bed detached house in a leafy road in a nice southern town with a 120ft garden and its own bomb shelter.

I am, basically, your dad

Magic
23-02-2018, 08:05 AM
A 3 bedroom semi-detached villa in the most desirable borough outside Edinburgh. I own 20% of it.

Dquincy
23-02-2018, 08:17 AM
4 bedroom detached house on a private road.

Dave.
23-02-2018, 08:22 AM
I own a new build 2 bedroom terrace house in a "northern shit tip".

Henry
23-02-2018, 08:46 AM
I rent a flat in the old Highbury stadium. It's cool as fuck.

That is. Was it literally part of the stadium? So that you live in the Upper Tier, Section D3, or whatever?

Anyhow, I own a reasonably nice 4 bedroom house, and the mortgage isn't even that bad. One of the benefits of living in a backwater,

Shindig
23-02-2018, 09:02 AM
Living with 4 buddies at the moment. I'd never, ever want to live alone.

Why? Can't cope with your own bills? That's all living on your own really is. Paying bills and making sure the place doesn't look like a tip.

Ian
23-02-2018, 09:07 AM

I live alone and I do not get even slightly lonely. I imagine loneliness sucks but I imagine a touch of it would probably do me some good.

Spikey M
23-02-2018, 09:15 AM
I own a 2 bed flat in a Southern shit tip.

Spikey M
23-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Flat = apartment, right? If so, I rent a three bedroom flat.

An apartment here is a ‘flat’ in a large block of ‘flats’, in that situation You could use Apartments here, but a house split in 2 is 2 flats - I don’t think we’d call that 2 Apartments.

phonics
23-02-2018, 09:25 AM
I live in a house that is split in two. I effectively live in the basement of a house. 3 bedroom + an office. It's nice. First time living on my own in yonks as well, I like it.

wullie
23-02-2018, 09:38 AM
Own a new three-bed townhouse. There are two of them that went up at the same time but by getting in first we got the primo spot where there's only one direct neighbour and the garage is right next door whereas the neighbours have to walk past our house and garage to get to theirs. Feel like a king every time I lug shopping bags in.

Kikó
23-02-2018, 10:36 AM
That is. Was it literally part of the stadium? So that you live in the Upper Tier, Section D3, or whatever?

Anyhow, I own a reasonably nice 4 bedroom house, and the mortgage isn't even that bad. One of the benefits of living in a backwater,

Yeah it was - the East and West were protected so they built around the structure. I'm sure we were probably the concourse but couldn't say where. Maybe Dave could.

https://now-here-this.timeout.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Highbury-Gardens-Ariel-angl-528x352.jpg

Alan Shearer The 2nd
23-02-2018, 12:27 PM

I've got a 2 bedroom house on my own and it's brilliant.

Byron
23-02-2018, 12:30 PM
We own a house in Naaaaaaaarwich. 3 bed with a garden that we bought for £170k. I moved out from my parents when I was 16 though because I love them, but fucking hated living with them at the same time.

Greg
23-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Currently with my parents (at 26) in a semi-detached 4-bedroom house with the other house occupied by my brother and his family, while my girlfriend and I build a house on her families 20-odd acre property north of Sydney.

CJay
23-02-2018, 01:45 PM
We have a 3 bed detached new build in Limavady. Lovely spot and like Wullie we got a prime location (at the end of the drive so no one goes past our house). We just had our attic floored so I’m going to ruthlessly deposit all my wife and baby’s crap up there.

Adramelch
23-02-2018, 01:54 PM
I'm renting a flat in Barcelona, but will soon go back to Greece and live with my parents for a while. I have to finish my PhD (writing for the most part), then go to the army (which is mandatory in Greece and I've postponed it for studies so far) and after that I'll move out when I get a job. Will be a bit depressing at 31, but at least my parents are cool so it won't be a drag.

Boydy: I can't say I've felt lonely while living alone.

Foe
23-02-2018, 02:04 PM
National service. Jesus, fuck that.

I'm about half way through paying the mortgage on my 2 bed flat in studentville of oil town. I have had friends stay in the spare room previously but not any more. I prefer having more space to myself and independence rather than the rent which I don't really need.

Living alone is so much better than having a flatmate.

-james-
23-02-2018, 02:06 PM
My girlfriend and I rent a flat that her parents own.

I pay per month what Jim will likely be paying a week. Mates rates. :drool:

Spikey M
23-02-2018, 02:25 PM
You’re getting ripped off then.

igor_balis
23-02-2018, 05:56 PM
I live in my mummy's house. Edwardian 3 bed terrace, fairly pokey but decorated with style and fucking class because my mum is the ideal middle-ground between snob bitch and being able to remember when she used to smoke hash and go to stone circles and shit. Getting the fuck out of here is a high medium to long-term goal because I'm a grown up and shit but short-term I'm happy to be here because my mum lets me do what I want and she'd rather me save money then piss it away renting some bedsit in Rugby.

I'm currently paying off my credit card, lol, but I'm due to be debt-free by December, and subsequently I'll be able to save roughly 400 a month. If I figure out my dream career or I hook up with a sexy lady or some other inspiration takes me out of Rugby, great, else I've sorta said to myself that I don't want to be 30 and still living at home. So if I don't get into crack or something I should have about 15 grand saved by then.

Adamski
23-02-2018, 05:59 PM
5 bedroom detached, gardens and double garage etc.

Jimmy Floyd
23-02-2018, 06:14 PM
I'd love to live alone, so much so that I'd potentially give budget up elsewhere to do it. Living with people who aren't your nearest and dearest is a nightmare.

Disco
23-02-2018, 06:21 PM
I'd love to live alone, so much so that I'd potentially give budget up elsewhere to do it. Living with people who aren't your nearest and dearest is a nightmare.

It was ok when I was younger and we were all twats but as soon as I got a bit older it wore thin very quickly (like Lewis and his hair), helped by the fact that I lived with good friends who I'd known forever. I spend too much renting my place but it's mostly worth it, if I was more organised I'd look to buy somewhere half sensible but I'm not and it's a long way down the list of stuff I really should be doing.

Pen
23-02-2018, 06:31 PM
We bought our own place in a nice neighbourhood a bit over a year ago. Paid 280 thousand for a brand new two* bedroom flat with a floorplan that allows us to make it into a three bedroom flat if we decide to have another kid (first one is due in May). The current open concept kitchen living room is massive and I love it so happy that taking space from it for another room is still years away. Lots of nature around which is great for the dog and for the kid. Prices have gone up in the area a fair bit after we bought the place so it was a good investment as well if we decide to move. Obviously as we live in Finland our place has its own sauna too.

*you don’t count the living room in that, right?

Magic
23-02-2018, 06:35 PM
5 bedroom detached, gardens and double garage etc.

What area?

Pen
23-02-2018, 06:35 PM
Living alone is the best. I moved out of my parents when I was 19 and although I’ve lived with the missus for most of the time after that I think living alone is even better. I mean I wouldn’t want her to move out or anything but the freedom that comes with living alone is great.

Magic
23-02-2018, 06:36 PM
280000 what? Finnish currency? Is that like a tenner lol.

I also moved out when I was 19.

Pen
23-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Euro is what now, like 90 cents?

That would make it roughly £250k

Magic
23-02-2018, 06:40 PM
:******(

igor_balis
23-02-2018, 06:43 PM
I think part of what I'd miss about my current living arrangements is that we have two living rooms. My mum tends to have the front room, I have the middle room. I always hated having to retreat to my bedroom when I wanted alone time when I've lived with other people, I don't think it's good for your mental health doing daytime chilling in the same room you sleep, but that might be bollocks or me being a weirdo.

Adamski
23-02-2018, 06:49 PM
What area?

Uddingston.

Magic
23-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Uddingston.

Done a few jobs in the industrial estate never been residential. What's it like?

Spikey M
23-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Better than Dundee.

Magic
23-02-2018, 06:53 PM
I don't live in Dundee.

Adamski
23-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Yeah it’s decent, I grew up here and only just moved back. 10 mins in the car to town, right next to Bothwell etc.

Good links to Edinburgh and motorways too.

Magic
23-02-2018, 06:55 PM
Near Blantyre though. :sick:

Disco
23-02-2018, 06:59 PM
I don't live in Dundee.

Wife got the house?

Lewis
23-02-2018, 07:03 PM
:lol:

Spikey M
23-02-2018, 07:05 PM
I set ‘em up, Disco knocks ‘em down (into a spiral of depression concluding in a murder-suicide).

Disco
23-02-2018, 07:10 PM
I felt bad doing it but then I remembered it's Magic and he's probably off watching snuff films and shitting on his own dick or something.

Magic
23-02-2018, 07:12 PM
I deserve everything.

igor_balis
23-02-2018, 07:21 PM
Dickheads. Magic sleeps in a racing car, do you?

nobody saw that typo did they

Clunge
24-02-2018, 01:19 AM
House share in Tooting, SW London. Rent £525 inc. all bills. Winning.

Giggles
24-02-2018, 03:04 AM
House share in Tooting, SW London. Rent £525 inc. all bills. Winning.

Or not.

phonics
24-02-2018, 03:09 AM
Jesus Christ thats a good price. I thought Finland was expensive but I guess land is cheaper than the SoL? If I were to attempt to buy a flat here I'd be looking at 1.2 million for a 1 bedroom.

edit: thought this was only 1 page, was talking to Pen.

Dark Soldier
24-02-2018, 03:39 AM
Bang average one bedroom flat in Radcliffe, 400 quid a month. Easy access to takeaways and chippys so I'm happy as fuck.

Baz
24-02-2018, 06:31 AM
I have a house. It’s a three bed semi and is cheap as chips cos it was a repossession.

I previously thought only down-and-out loser scruffs has their houses repossessed cos it was a state when we got it, but recently the sexy neighbour from over the road had her house repossessed because she is very depressed and can’t work, so now I feel less critical of Mr Murray who had my house before me.

Really we want a fancy four bed detached new[ish] build, but she likes having disposable income and I like living a few minutes from the M62, so we’ll probably stay here forever and ever. Pity the hot neighbours gone because, excluding my house, the average age of each resident is over 70.

Giggles
24-02-2018, 07:48 AM
Very depressed and can't work = doesn't want to work.

Spikey M
24-02-2018, 07:58 AM
Not sure that’s how it works mate.

Giggles
24-02-2018, 08:02 AM
Maybe a small percentage of the time. Cop out for loads though.

Baz
24-02-2018, 08:16 AM
Very depressed and can't work = doesn't want to work.She used to spend all day dildoing herself over me, but DWP can’t put that on her official paperwork.

Shindig
24-02-2018, 09:36 AM
She would've been able to if she put a camera up.

mo
24-02-2018, 09:39 AM
Own a 3 bed end of terrace. It's pretty small but it does the job. Like the neighbours except for their shitting dog which barks between 7pm and 3am (not constantly).

Spikey M
24-02-2018, 09:39 AM
She used to spend all day dildoing herself over me, but DWP can’t put that on her official paperwork.

And if that doesn’t say mental illness, what does?

Luke Emia
24-02-2018, 11:29 AM
3 bed semi which I own in Norfolk. I'd move back to Brum if my missus was up for it by she isn't so looks like I'm here for good.

Pen
24-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Jesus Christ thats a good price. I thought Finland was expensive but I guess land is cheaper than the SoL? If I were to attempt to buy a flat here I'd be looking at 1.2 million for a 1 bedroom.

edit: thought this was only 1 page, was talking to Pen.

The catch is we don't own the land. Part of the monthly fee we pay for the place is the rent for the land. The city doesn't sell the land to new properties almost never anymore as they make more money this way. I think we pay around 2€/m2 a month for that. Still 1500€ a month for everything including the loan is pretty decent for two people as you'd pay at least the same in rent. 'our current interest rate is at 0,7% so that could go up in the future.

edit: what does SoL mean?

Andy
25-02-2018, 11:35 AM
After a couple of years of on and off looking, bidding etc we are finally moving into a 3 bed house in a couple of weeks. We where looking at shared ownership and the HTB government loan places for about a year but changed our mind and have bought somewhere the traditional way.

I moved out when I was 21, which was 11 years ago and that's also part of the reason why it's taken me so long to save and eventually find the right place.

Hoping to stay in my new place for 4 years and do it up as I go and then sell it on.

Excited to not have to deal with estate agent and landlords etc.

Spikey M
25-02-2018, 08:16 PM
£80k :drool: that’s barely a deposit here.

Spikey M
25-02-2018, 08:33 PM
Yeah 5% deposit as well. I understand it's hard for people to get on the property ladder, but in the north quite frankly, it isn't. It's a nice town and a nice enough part of that town (could be better like). But fuck it, got it at 24 years old so have some sweet sweet equity.

The mrs was showing me a place in Scotland earlier £110k, 3 beds, massive garden. Unreal. The downside is we have no idea what the area is like, nor would we anywhere further afield than Basildon.

We’ll move one day though. £300k minimum for a 3 bed here, we could do it, but we’d be absolutely scraping by and it’s not as if either of us have an irreplaceable jobs.

I don’t really think it’s that hard to get on the ladder here either. Our 1 bed was £110k, £20k deposit. Sold for £150k, £60k deposit on this place. It just takes a bit of planning. There’s a bloke at my work whinging about never being able to get a deposit together - he drives a 17 plate Mercedes that he has on finance. There’s your deposit, you fanny.

Jimmy Floyd
25-02-2018, 08:46 PM
5% deposit :D

I think I'd need £40-50,000 just to start looking at a two bed flat. Since I'm single and don't see that changing, I don't see how I'm going to save that kind of money unless I live like a monk for 15 years, so it's either off to the monastery or just wait for my parents to die.

I'm not sure about the validity of the 'housing ladder' now anyway. Chaos is a ladder.

Lewis
25-02-2018, 08:51 PM
I don’t really think it’s that hard to get on the ladder hear either. Our 1 bed was £110k, £20k deposit. Sold for £150k, £60k deposit on this place. It just takes a bit of planning. There’s a bloke at my work whinging about never being able to get a deposit together - he drives a 17 plate Mercedes that he has on finance. There’s your deposit, you fanny.

Obviously London (Cambridge, Oxford, etc) is out of the question, but I do think a lot of the moaning about young people and houses is a bit overdone. When my parents bought their first gaff in 1981 it cost them half what it would cost now, which everybody would point to as proof of current difficulties; but they had to put literally every penny they had into the deposit, could only borrow something like one and a half times their combined salaries, and had to pay fifteen per cent interest for about seven years until they moved with a new one on about ten per cent.

Pepe
25-02-2018, 09:11 PM
I am planning to buy my house cash.

Adramelch
25-02-2018, 09:20 PM
Delivered in duffle bags I hope.

Magic
25-02-2018, 09:21 PM
The mrs was showing me a place in Scotland earlier £110k, 3 beds, massive garden. Unreal. The downside is we have no idea what the area is like, nor would we anywhere further afield than Basildon.

We’ll move one day though. £300k minimum for a 3 bed here, we could do it, but we’d be absolutely scraping by and it’s not as if either of us have an irreplaceable jobs.

I don’t really think it’s that hard to get on the ladder here either. Our 1 bed was £110k, £20k deposit. Sold for £150k, £60k deposit on this place. It just takes a bit of planning. There’s a bloke at my work whinging about never being able to get a deposit together - he drives a 17 plate Mercedes that he has on finance. There’s your deposit, you fanny.

Where the fuck was that? Mine is worth 200k.

Spikey M
25-02-2018, 09:37 PM

Dunno. I’ll ask her in the morning.

Waffdon
25-02-2018, 09:48 PM
Stevenson or Saltcoats for sure.

Pepe
25-02-2018, 10:22 PM
Delivered in duffle bags I hope.

Of course.

Spoonsky
26-02-2018, 12:00 AM
We've given Pepe the lawn-mower treatment for long enough, it's about time he gets to inhabit the drug-dealer stereotype for once.

Panda Bear
26-02-2018, 12:03 AM
We've given Pepe the lawn-mower treatment for long enough, it's about time he gets to inhabit the drug-dealer stereotype for once.ayo spoons use a semicolon on that joint

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-02-2018, 12:11 AM
Pepe only deals in class A's, a joint wont cut it.

Andy
26-02-2018, 08:17 AM

£20,000 is a lot of money though. I'm sure for some people who can keep living with there parents until they have the cash it's easy enough but for most people saving that much while paying £500+ for rent, council tax etc is tough.

The hardest thing I found was just how quickly the house prices where going up far quicker than I could save.

One of my friends bought a 4 bed new build in Southampton in the first phase of the development 2 years ago, the exact same house in the third phase is 85k more. It's ridiculous.

Jimmy Floyd
26-02-2018, 08:22 AM
Obviously London (Cambridge, Oxford, etc) is out of the question, but I do think a lot of the moaning about young people and houses is a bit overdone. When my parents bought their first gaff in 1981 it cost them half what it would cost now, which everybody would point to as proof of current difficulties; but they had to put literally every penny they had into the deposit, could only borrow something like one and a half times their combined salaries, and had to pay fifteen per cent interest for about seven years until they moved with a new one on about ten per cent.

Down the road from me there are (smallish) houses which have gone from 100k to 500k since the mid 90s. Now I don't have the figures in front of me, but I'm pretty confident in saying wages have not quintupled in the same timeframe.

Magic
26-02-2018, 08:28 AM
Mine has went up 20k in 4 years. Which is great but so has every other house in the area.

Giggles
26-02-2018, 08:31 AM
Down the road from me there are (smallish) houses which have gone from 100k to 500k since the mid 90s. Now I don't have the figures in front of me, but I'm pretty confident in saying wages have not quintupled in the same timeframe.

It'll end up like here where you investment companies own most of them as Air B&B's and you can't buy one at all.

wullie
26-02-2018, 10:42 AM
They're building two more of the same type of house we've got round the corner and the asking price is 30k more than we paid which is a bit mad. They're selling almost immediately off-plot.

Lewis
26-02-2018, 10:53 AM

No, but everything in London's orbit is basically a write-off as far as housing is concerned. Elsewhere - provided you have some money coming in - things aren't as impossible as people like to imagine, and although wages haven't doubled (or whatever real terms prices have) borrowing room clearly has. The housing CRISIS narrative is very much London driven.

Jimmy Floyd
26-02-2018, 05:56 PM
No, but everything in London's orbit is basically a write-off as far as housing is concerned. Elsewhere - provided you have some money coming in - things aren't as impossible as people like to imagine, and although wages haven't doubled (or whatever real terms prices have) borrowing room clearly has. The housing CRISIS narrative is very much London driven.

London is the only economically relevant region at the moment...

Lewis
26-02-2018, 06:01 PM
Well then don't moan about not being able to afford a house.

Foe
26-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Stevenson or Saltcoats for sure.

i have family that live in a really nice house down the front of Saltcoats. Feels like you're driving through the ghetto to get there mind.

Foe
26-02-2018, 06:29 PM
£20,000 is a lot of money though. I'm sure for some people who can keep living with there parents until they have the cash it's easy enough but for most people saving that much while paying £500+ for rent, council tax etc is tough.

The hardest thing I found was just how quickly the house prices where going up far quicker than I could save.

One of my friends bought a 4 bed new build in Southampton in the first phase of the development 2 years ago, the exact same house in the third phase is 85k more. It's ridiculous.

Aberdeen was a bit like that and it came to a head when the housing market crashed with the oil price.

I reckon in just shy of 4 years my flat has probably dropped about 15-20% in value. Fortunately, the rest of the city has done something similar so it doesn't really matter as long as I stay within the city.

A friend bought a flat recently which 3.5 years ago would've been £210-220K. He's getting it for £165K. It's sickening, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Spikey M
26-02-2018, 09:33 PM

https://espc.com/property/25-whitecraig-crescent-whitecraig-eh21-8ng/35583968

Turns out it’s a 2 bed, but still.

Magic
26-02-2018, 09:38 PM
Interesting never been there. Still a decent commute to Edinburgh.

Kikó
27-02-2018, 09:07 AM

This is the neighbours house value - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html/svr/3115;jsessionid=9EF9518BB040969C6DCBC8BAF61EFAA0?p rop=62962370&sale=54707882&country=england

Adramelch
27-02-2018, 12:09 PM
A friend bought a quite spacious 2-bedroom house, with parking and a backyard for 160k pounds a couple of years back. In Derby, but still.

Magic
27-02-2018, 12:15 PM
This is the neighbours house value - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html/svr/3115;jsessionid=9EF9518BB040969C6DCBC8BAF61EFAA0?p rop=62962370&sale=54707882&country=england

:D

That's amazing. Would be worth about £120,000 here.

phonics
27-02-2018, 12:31 PM
850k to live in a place with rooms smaller than my 50 quid a month place in Swansea :D

Kikó
27-02-2018, 12:39 PM
Central / North London for you.

Samadini
27-02-2018, 12:40 PM
They haven't even bought a new TV since 1996.

Samadini
27-02-2018, 12:46 PM
I rent an end of terrace, so get to pretend it's a semi detached. Start a new job soon, I'll be saving up to buy a car first, but after that I'll be earning enough money to save to one day own a place, don't really give a fuck about owning though, if it happens then great, but if it doesn't, I still have a roof over my head.

Adramelch
27-02-2018, 12:49 PM
They haven't even bought a new TV since 1996.

That's cause they can't afford one, with all the loans.

Lewis
28-02-2018, 04:40 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-43209535

Look at all them sad bastards. :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-02-2018, 05:00 PM
Green Belt protestors are the pits.

Jimmy Floyd
28-02-2018, 05:45 PM
I don't mind them building on some green belt but they never improve the infrastructure to go alongside it. Most house building is just councillors desperate for the cash hit and probably bungs from developers.

John Arne
28-02-2018, 06:00 PM
I’m in the process of buying an apartment now. 6th floor, 98sqm, 20 mins from the CBD.

1,890,000,000 dong. Paying cash and no mortgage :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-02-2018, 06:05 PM
That's what, £100?

John Arne
28-02-2018, 06:08 PM
That's what, £100?

£135. And there’s an American POW locked in the store cupboard.

Giggles
28-02-2018, 06:10 PM
Plus 3 blowjobs a day from a live-in local.

Jimmy Floyd
28-02-2018, 06:27 PM
The Vietnamese housing ladder is probably literally a ladder. 6th floor, eh? Keep climbing.

Lewis
28-02-2018, 07:09 PM
Green Belt protestors are the pits.

I hope every one of their houses loses loads of value.