PDA

View Full Version : The yankee mass shootings thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Boydy
04-08-2019, 10:40 PM
They could use a big magnet.

bruhnaldo
04-08-2019, 10:41 PM
Well that's what I was thinking (the financial responsibility part). How in the fuck would we even fund such a thing.

bruhnaldo
04-08-2019, 10:41 PM
They could use a big magnet.

Now we're fucking cooking.

phonics
04-08-2019, 10:44 PM
Well that's what I was thinking (the financial responsibility part). How in the fuck would we even fund such a thing.

Incredibly easily, finding the money isn't the financially irresponsible part.

Lewis
04-08-2019, 10:51 PM
You also don't have mandatory national service that comes with regular psychological assessments and weapons training, so not everyone's allowed to carry one. Handguns and other personal arms are incredibly hard to get etc. It's what comes with it.

The second amendment says you have a right to bare arms as part of a regulated militia, not as some bloke that's watched too much Fox news and has gone from not locking his door for the last 30 years to thinking the Mexicans are going to rob his farm (my ex-girlfriends Iowan fathers road to gun ownership).

Yeah, I don't know why just making them harder to get (and subject to having to re-apply to keep them) isn't taken as the sensible middle ground, bearing in mind that the stereotypical armed to the teeth mentalists tend to actually be the more responsible owners. The SLIPPERY SLOPE I suppose (not unreasonable). The best bet might be selling it on racist grounds like the old prohibitionists. Nobody wants to take your wall full of hunting rifles off you, permits permitting; but if Leroy gets caught without one we can lock him up for twenty years wahey.

Amnesties and confiscations though lol grow up lads.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-08-2019, 10:53 PM
You wouldn't need to give out financial incentives.

Make it a felony to own an automatic rifle so it counts as a 'strike' and people would shit their pants.

Yevrah
04-08-2019, 10:53 PM
"Leroy's" not really behind all the mass shootings though, is he?

bruhnaldo
04-08-2019, 11:07 PM
Incredibly easily, finding the money isn't the financially irresponsible part.

I mean we can't even pay teachers a living wage but we're gonna pay out a billion dollars to turn in some guns, though? That's more of what I mean I'm just shitty at explaining myself.

phonics
04-08-2019, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I don't know why just making them harder to get (and subject to having to re-apply to keep them) isn't taken as the sensible middle ground, bearing in mind that the stereotypical armed to the teeth mentalists tend to actually be the more responsible owners. The SLIPPERY SLOPE I suppose (not unreasonable). The best bet might be selling it on racist grounds like the old prohibitionists. Nobody wants to take your wall full of hunting rifles off you, permits permitting; but if Leroy gets caught without one we can lock him up for twenty years wahey.

Amnesties and confiscations though lol grow up lads.

The fact that you need a license to drive a car but not own a gun blows my mind. At the end of the day, it's the same issue as everything, capital. The NRA, funded by the manufacturers, have spent the last 25 years creating a culture war to sell as many as possible. There are 350 million guns or something but they're only owned by 70 million or so of the population which is another factor.

bruhnaldo
04-08-2019, 11:09 PM
Make it a felony to own an automatic rifle so it counts as a 'strike' and people would shit their pants.

But that falls back to my point of having no idea who actually has assault rifles and if i recall actual automatics are already banned as it is (though I may be off on that).

I thought these lunatics had to get semi-automatics modified so that they act more like automatics.

Automatic / semi-automatic isn't really the point though and I realize this was probably meant in general and more of a semantics thing.

Lewis
04-08-2019, 11:09 PM
Leroy tends to exclusively shoot other people called Leroy (or Darnell or Tyrone), which is hardly an insignificant issue , and something which 'gun control' would presumably have to deal with as well as the Beta Uprising.

I think every 'solution' ignores the point that bruhnaldo made that a large section of them just really like guns. You can't criminalise them, because they won't care, and the 'reee you're not a "well-regulated militia" reee' people are pissing into the wind. You might as well tell us that monarchy is stupid, or that the NHS is crap. You're right, but who wants to know?

phonics
04-08-2019, 11:10 PM
I mean we can't even pay teachers a living wage but we're gonna pay out a billion dollars to turn in some guns, though? That's more of what I mean I'm just shitty at explaining myself.

You choose not to pay teachers a living wage. You increased the military budget from 586 billion to 716 billion in the last three years. The money is there, it's just going to corrupt ends. You added 2 trillion to the debt over 10 years cutting taxes for the already insanely wealthy. It's very easy to find the money.

(bruh before you flip out, please note that the use of you is not a personal attack)

bruhnaldo
04-08-2019, 11:11 PM
"Leroy's" not really behind all the mass shootings though, is he?

Which would play very heavily into it. Like he alluded, most of the I LOVE MUH GUNZZZ .. OVAH MUH DEAD BODY types are going to scream to the rooftops they've done absolutely nothing wrong and now you're "setting them up" to fail by trying to take away what they truly believe is rightfully theirs.

Sure, let's say half of them love the law so much they are going to just turn their shit in without a fuss. You still have 35 million (if the 70 million mark is accurate) folks who are ready to go to war over their fancy AR15's etc. etc.

Lewis
04-08-2019, 11:12 PM
More to the point, why would anyone sell the government their guns? If you wanted money instead of guns, you wouldn't buy them in the first place.

bruhnaldo
04-08-2019, 11:12 PM
You increased the military budget from 586 billion to 716 billion in the last three years. The money is there, it's just going to corrupt ends.

Sure, I don't necessarily disagree with that. But now you're asking corruption to unravel itself so that one of the most profitable lobbyists in America can lose all of their supposed political power.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/305/222/ae7.gif

phonics
04-08-2019, 11:14 PM
It does if you don't vote for a complete fucking corrupt moron.

That use of you was a personal attack.

Sir Andy Mahowry
Which would play very heavily into it. Like he alluded, most of the I LOVE MUH GUNZZZ .. OVAH MUH DEAD BODY types are going to scream to the rooftops they've done absolutely nothing wrong and now you're "setting them up" to fail by trying to take away what they truly believe is rightfully theirs.

Sure, let's say half of them love the law so much they are going to just turn their shit in without a fuss. You still have 35 million (if the 70 million mark is accurate) folks who are ready to go to war over their fancy AR15's etc. etc.

They can keep them if they can look a 5 year old in the eyes and kill them.

bruhnaldo
More to the point, why would anyone sell the government their guns? If you wanted money instead of guns, you wouldn't buy them in the first place.

Fear of a felony otherwise? But then again there's no one here who could possibly say we'd get 100% of the guns. Even getting 90% of the assault rifles would apparently mean there are 35,000,000 still left floating around.

Which obviously is fucking great until some nutter gets one and then voila 30 more people are dead and now we really have no fucking solution because we blew our load earlier.

phonics
04-08-2019, 11:16 PM
Fear of a felony otherwise? But then again there's no one here who could possibly say we'd get 100% of the guns. Even getting 90% of the assault rifles would apparently mean there are 35,000,000 still left floating around.

Which obviously is fucking great until some nutter gets one and then voila 30 more people are dead and now we really have no fucking solution because we blew our load earlier.

Shit will always happen. Shit won't happen 252 times in 6 months though. This is such a shitty argument, 'Why should we try make society better? you'll complain when it isn't perfect anyway.'

bruhnaldo
04-08-2019, 11:18 PM
That's not what I'm saying at all my friend. I've said several times let's do it, let's try and get some of the guns off the streets. I'm entirely for it.

bruhnaldo
04-08-2019, 11:20 PM
My argument is more that things that are being suggested would ironically put more lives at risk than any other initiative would, because in order to execute these initiatives, you'd likely have to use brute force to even make a dent in the problem itself.

Which again listen, we gotta do some-fuckin-thing. But I think I'm more perturbed that the pretense on display gives off the idea that the solution is not only super easy but entirely perfect and without fault.

bruhnaldo
04-08-2019, 11:21 PM
They can keep them if they can look a 5 year old in the eyes and kill them.

They can keep them because they're not going to tell you they have them and you're not going to be able to just waltz in someone's home on "suspicion of having an assault rifle" much like you can't just walk in my house because you think i'm doing crack cocaine.

Yevrah
04-08-2019, 11:25 PM
Rounding all the guns up only works if people want to do that. They manifestly don't, so it's a complete non-starter.

bruhnaldo
04-08-2019, 11:33 PM
So basically we did all of that to get back to square one, which is "We get what we deserve."

Welp.

Spoonsky
05-08-2019, 12:21 AM
Bruh is right in that “seize all the guns” is never, ever going to happen in this country for cultural reasons that Europeans, understandably, have a hard time wrapping their head around.

He’s wrong in that, as Bernanke pointed out, just because there isn’t a fool proof solution doesn’t mean the government couldn’t be doing a hell of a lot more to reduce the frequency of these things, if a sizeable minority of the country weren’t dead set against any gun regulations whatsoever.

Pepe
05-08-2019, 12:58 AM
I am in the "banning the guns won't fix the mentalist mass shooters issue" camp. With that said, the laws around gun ownership in most states are absolutely laughable. Tighter control of gun ownership is one of those things that is so basic (I mean, I cannot drive my car legally if the horn isn't working or if the turn signals don't cancel automatically after a turn, but criminal checks before buying a gun are totally restricting freedomz) that there really is no reasonable explanation from it not happening, but god bless the two party system.

While it wouldn't solve the mass shooter issue, it would most likely decrease suicides, those lol Walmart parking lot arguments that end up with someone getting shot, kids shooting themselves accidents, and would probably even reduce "gang violence" a bit. All of those sound worthy to me.

Pepe
05-08-2019, 01:02 AM
Actually, I take that back. Be stringent enough and wait enough time and it would also decrease mass shootings.

bruhnaldo
05-08-2019, 02:52 AM
I just realized I need a license to go salt water fishing but not to have an AR15.

bruhnaldo
05-08-2019, 02:55 AM
While it wouldn't solve the mass shooter issue, it would most likely decrease suicides, those lol Walmart parking lot arguments that end up with someone getting shot, kids shooting themselves accidents, and would probably even reduce "gang violence" a bit. All of those sound worthy to me.

And you know what with all due respect those types of incidents likely add up to a higher number surely?

Or maybe people don't commit as many single victim homicides as I imagine the do.

Either way I don't see why not.

There's a lot of very simple things that could be done that really wouldn't ACTUALLY impact anyone's fReEdOmS and would likely at least save ONE life and surely that's worth it.

SincereTheRebel
05-08-2019, 04:22 AM
A Purge could sort this out. Forget about eliminating guns, just eliminate people.

Spikey M
05-08-2019, 05:10 AM

Should we legalise the keeping of bombs because terrorists are using them anyway?

Lewis
05-08-2019, 07:35 AM
The second pleb has chucked the NARRATIVE into a bit of a tailspin overnight. Hopefully things can get back to normal once they're all awake.

Pepe
05-08-2019, 12:19 PM
And you know what with all due respect those types of incidents likely add up to a higher number surely?

Suicides are like 60% of all gun-related deaths, so yes.

Disco
05-08-2019, 12:38 PM
There's no need for amnesties (although it wouldn't hurt) or sieging redneck compounds, you just decide that all new purchases need to be registered. If you want a bit of a harder line you make buyers register their existing weapons when they buy new ones. It'll take years to get rid of the rest but there is no instant solution that doesn't involve a civil war.

John Arne
05-08-2019, 12:45 PM
We should just do what politicians and late night talkshow hosts do.... Talk about it for 2 weeks of its the most important thing in the world, and then forget about and move on with our life's until it happens again.

Disco
05-08-2019, 12:55 PM
If you talked about every mass shooting for two weeks you still be doing it in almost a decades time, and that's just this year's efforts.

bruhnaldo
05-08-2019, 01:11 PM
Should we legalise the keeping of bombs because terrorists are using them anyway?

I gotta be honest considering I feel like I've been pretty open about to ideas as to how to start getting rid of the guns I'm a bit confused by this response but I'm also an idiot so that's not surprising.

bruhnaldo
07-08-2019, 09:52 PM
Ok ok what if .. now hear me out...

What if we banned assault rifles, right. Created a licensing procedure and all that good stuff.

BUT THEN ALSO

we legalize prostitution so that all of those no pussy getting losers that need to shoot up events to feel special can get their little rocks off and leave everyone else alone?

Shindig
07-08-2019, 09:57 PM
The problem with incels are their standards are too high.

mugbull
31-08-2019, 10:19 PM
“Anotha One”

-DJ Khaled

Ian
03-09-2019, 03:04 PM
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/03/us/alabama-residence-shooting/index.html

SincereTheRebel
03-09-2019, 03:17 PM
When Timmy says he wants to play fortnite. He wants to play fortnite now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-09-2019, 11:31 PM

Wow.

Byron
19-09-2019, 05:55 AM
Brings a whole new and depressing meaning to 'survive the school year'

Shindig
19-09-2019, 08:47 AM
I need to see the stats on prevented school shootings to see if that last sentence holds any real weight.

Queenslander
19-09-2019, 09:57 AM
The right to bear military drones.

John
19-09-2019, 03:35 PM
Brings a whole new and depressing meaning to 'survive the school year'

There's been a company selling kevlar inserts for your schoolbag over there for a few years now. School shootings are a genuine cottage industry.

Yevrah
19-09-2019, 04:11 PM
They only provide protection against bullets from handguns so probably a bit pointless.

Giggles
10-12-2019, 08:39 AM
Not yankee but one in Czechia this morning.

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2019/1210/1098127-czech-hospital-shooting/

bruhnaldo
10-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Oh if we doing worldwide surely we could find a mass shooting every day

John
10-12-2019, 03:29 PM
You wouldn't have to leave the US for that.

bruhnaldo
10-12-2019, 03:39 PM
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

Hey man! We've only had one mass shooting over 3 deaths this month and that was a Saudi who did that shit!

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-12-2019, 03:44 PM
They've not listed the one at Pearl Harbour (https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/05/us/pearl-harbor-shooting-thursday/index.html) (3 dead including the shooter) and one at Miramar (https://nbc25news.com/news/nation-world/chase-with-stolen-ups-truck-ends-with-shootout-fatalities) (4 dead including the shooter).

bruhnaldo
10-12-2019, 03:45 PM
Well the Miramar shit was the cops so you know in this country the cops can just kill whoever they want and it doesn't count so go ahead and strike that from the record thank you very much!

John Arne
10-12-2019, 03:46 PM
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

Hey man! We've only had one mass shooting over 3 deaths this month and that was a Saudi who did that shit!

According to this, 10 so far this month (10 days), 3 of which resulted in 3 or more deaths...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_201 9

bruhnaldo
10-12-2019, 03:47 PM
And Pearl Harbor was a Spanish dude and he only killed two (2) people so I don't think that counts either! Objection! Strike it from the record!

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-12-2019, 03:47 PM
Well the Miramar shit was the cops so you know in this country the cops can just kill whoever they want and it doesn't count so go ahead and strike that from the record thank you very much!

And the Pearl Harbour one is swept under the rug because it was a US Soldier who we thank for his service.

bruhnaldo
10-12-2019, 03:48 PM
According to this, 10 so far this month (10 days), 3 of which resulted in 3 or more deaths...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_201 9

Previously in this thread we used the gunviolencearchive.org criteria so I'm just trying to keep things even across the board!

bruhnaldo
10-12-2019, 03:48 PM
And the Pearl Harbour one is swept under the rug because it was a US Soldier who we thank for his service.

Exactly!

1. Not white
2. US Soldier whom we thank for his service
3. Not enough deaths

Thank you brother Mahow for keeping this fair for all parties.

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-12-2019, 03:49 PM
And Pearl Harbor was a Spanish dude and he only killed two (2) people so I don't think that counts either! Objection! Strike it from the record!

A Spanish dude? He was an active Navy Soldier who used his service rifle.

bruhnaldo
whom/whomst? surely whom? or is it even whom?

bruhnaldo
A Spanish dude? He was an active Navy Soldier who used his service rifle.

You can be Spanish and an active Navy soldier wow ok racist.

Jimmy Floyd
10-12-2019, 04:08 PM
The Spanish haven't had any active navy soldiers since 1588.

bruhnaldo
10-12-2019, 06:06 PM
There's millions of Spanish folks in the military wow bro a little insensitive.

Disco
10-12-2019, 06:13 PM
The Spanish haven't had any active navy soldiers since 1588.

Even then the 'activity' was mainly drowning.

Jimmy Floyd
10-12-2019, 06:23 PM

Are you using 'Spanish' to describe anyone with that as a first language? I thought they said 'Hispanic' over there.

Pepe
10-12-2019, 06:55 PM

I doubt that millions of 'Spanish folks' live in the US, let alone are qualified to enroll in the military.

phonics
10-12-2019, 08:16 PM
I doubt that millions of 'Spanish folks' live in the US, let alone are qualified to enroll in the military.

I thought you don't have to be American to serve in the military.

Shindig
10-12-2019, 08:22 PM
And there's bases where they'll conduct training to military personnel from other countries.

Pepe
10-12-2019, 09:13 PM
I thought you don't have to be American to serve in the military.

If you wish to enlist as a non-citizen in the Air Force, you must be a legal permanent resident with a valid Green Card or a legal, non-citizen with a valid visa. These spots are limited. The requirements for being an Officer are a little more strict, and you must be a native-born or naturalized United States citizen.

https://www.airforce.com/how-to-join/prepare-for-success/meet-requirements

Still, how many people from Spain do you think are enlisted in the Army? Definitely not millions.

EDIT: Just saw Jimmy's post. I wouldn't call bruhnaldo English, so I don't think that you can call everyone from Latin America Spanish.

Gray Fox
10-12-2019, 09:18 PM
Another one in New Jersey.

Spikey M
10-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Go stab a bull, Manuel.

bruhnaldo
10-12-2019, 11:49 PM
We use Spanish to describe Latin/Hispanic people sometimes but I'm sorry you all wrote 4000 words on this usage my friends.

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-12-2019, 11:53 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50737537

Six dead by the way.

One police officer, three civilians and two gunmen.

bruhnaldo
10-12-2019, 11:55 PM
Have to think this is partially my fault for bragging about only have one mass shooting so far this month.

Ian
21-01-2020, 08:14 AM
The pictures of some of the people at this rally in Virginia protesting gun control are a laugh. People turning up with all sorts of shit obviously designed for military use as if that's helping their case.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOuyXGrX4AAlVcF?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

If it's all about SELF DEFENCE because THE CONSTITUTION then how the fuck is he going to defend himself with that? Is he expecting a robber or murderer to phone him in advance so he can shoot them from two miles away?

Shindig
21-01-2020, 08:21 AM
They all look like they're there to shag each other.

Yevrah
21-01-2020, 10:36 AM
Is that an anti-material rifle? I didn’t even know they actually existed.

Pepe
21-01-2020, 11:47 AM
I like how they are portrayed as a dangerous armed militia. The French consulate even sent my wife an email saying not to go to Virginia. They look like a bunch of nerds gathering to show off their toys.

Disco
21-01-2020, 12:14 PM
Is that an anti-material rifle? I didn’t even know they actually existed.

They certainly exist. It looks like a Barrett or similar knock off.

Gray Fox
21-01-2020, 03:04 PM
I'm pretty sure that's intended to kill people sat inside armoured vehicles and tanks.

Disco
21-01-2020, 03:58 PM
They're meant for destroying or disabling equipment (hence anti-material rather than anti-personnel), that clown looks like he barely knows one end from the other.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-01-2020, 04:58 PM
He probably thinks he knows it inside out because he's eaten a couple of MRE's bought off the internet.

Disco
21-01-2020, 05:50 PM
More than a couple I'd wager.

Mellberg
21-01-2020, 06:23 PM
I'd be more intimidated by a slightly off the wall granny armed with a spoon than that pleb with his big toy.

thommo
23-01-2020, 08:42 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51216187
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51216187)
You know things are bad when you read a news report and think 'Oh, ONLY one dead, not too bad then'.

bruhnaldo
23-01-2020, 03:51 PM
Someone got shot and killed like 10 miles from my house last night.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/pbso-man-shot-and-killed-near-lake-park-shopping-plaza

Pepe
23-01-2020, 03:58 PM
You ok? You know we're here for you.

bruhnaldo
23-01-2020, 04:18 PM
I just meant that one guy getting killed isn't really that newsworthy and is unfortunately very commonplace, is all.

Spikey M
23-01-2020, 04:43 PM
Someone got shot and killed like 10 miles from my house last night.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/pbso-man-shot-and-killed-near-lake-park-shopping-plaza

Is that not a daily occurrence over there?

bruhnaldo
23-01-2020, 05:24 PM
Ya that's what i'm saying cause buddy posted the one from Seattle and I was just thinking how someone got shot and killed by my house this isn't really news is it lol

thommo
23-01-2020, 05:44 PM
Yeah because funnily enough the thread title states MASS shootings. The guy in Seattle shot multiple people. The guy near you shot one.

bruhnaldo
23-01-2020, 06:02 PM
I thought the determination was made by deaths not victims that's my bad but either way, the accompanying comment said something about only one death so I apologize for thinking about the story I had just heard about.

John Arne
17-03-2021, 02:05 AM
8 dead in Atlanta. 3 massage parlours targeted.

phonics
17-03-2021, 03:23 AM
Mass shootings are back. Nature is healing.

Spikey M
17-03-2021, 08:12 AM
Feeling pretty nostalgic. Go on lads. :beer:

Lofty
17-03-2021, 08:58 AM
I once ended up in one of those 'spas' by mistake in Vegas. Promptly left, much to the relief of the 5ft tall Asian women running the show.

Queenslander
17-03-2021, 10:11 AM
Speaking of Asian women they are doing some paedo challenge wearing kids clothes online.

Spikey M
17-03-2021, 10:24 AM
Baz

Lewis
17-03-2021, 10:48 AM
The Asians must be relieved to be minorities again.

Don
17-03-2021, 11:26 AM
Massage parlours :drool:

WE WILL BE BACK.

Shindig
18-03-2021, 12:09 PM
https://e3.365dm.com/21/03/1600x900/skynews-robert-aaron-long-atlanta_5307830.jpg?bypass-service-worker&20210317050722

Greasy.

A man accused of killing eight people at three spas in Atlanta has told police he had a sex addiction and was trying to eliminate temptation by shooting them.

Really greasy.

Spikey M
18-03-2021, 12:11 PM
That's an unfortunate look for a sex addict.

Lofty
18-03-2021, 11:33 PM
Sex Addiction as a motivation is better than racism I suppose?

Spikey M
18-03-2021, 11:39 PM
Sex Addiction as a motivation is better than racism I suppose?

And yet, with that beard he should be blowing up Airplanes/Synagogues.

Lewis
19-03-2021, 12:35 AM
That has to be the stupidest killing spree reason ever. Most weirdness has its own logic, but how would killing half a dozen of these women stop him being the actual coomer?

Luca
19-03-2021, 12:53 AM
Because Jesus (probably).

Dquincy
19-03-2021, 08:53 AM
Should be locked up for the shitness of his beard alone.

Spikey M
19-03-2021, 08:57 AM
The more you look at him the better it gets. Sex Addict indeed. I bet he's never touched a woman in his life. The Incels Che Guevara.

Queenslander
19-03-2021, 09:00 AM
From my cold dead hands... lol

Failed State

Don
22-03-2021, 04:22 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56483297

Have the yellows sniffed out an opportunity to wade into the blacks' territory or did the fact these women were Asian have something to do with the nutter's attack?

Lewis
22-03-2021, 04:37 PM
Statistically speaking blacks are the most likely group to attack Asians, and second is other Asians, so the NARRATIVE currently has to hold that everything bad that happens to Asians is white people encouraging it and that everything Asians do for themselves is their own attempts at aping(!) white people, which is hilariously insular/American in thinking that Koreans didn't become racist and nerdy until encountering American life (see also: the Indian diaspora thinking we invented the caste system).

The only Asians with legitimate beef in the West (other than the ones getting attacked by blacks) are Asian men, who are seen as the absolute dregs of the dating market. Even half-Asian boys growing up with a white old man and a mail order mother are liable to grow into comparative manlets with identity problems. Their women can shut their identical faces.

Kikó
22-03-2021, 05:24 PM
Your Alf Garnett transformation is really coming on strongly in recent months.

Pepe
22-03-2021, 05:50 PM
The only Asians with legitimate beef in the West (other than the ones getting attacked by blacks) are Asian men, who are seen as the absolute dregs of the dating market. Even half-Asian boys growing up with a white old man and a mail order mother are liable to grow into comparative manlets with identity problems. Their women can shut their identical faces.

Don't forget about those being discriminated by Harvard and the others.

Lewis
22-03-2021, 05:57 PM
Personally and professionally stiffed. You would worry if they weren't all so unmasculine.

John Arne
23-03-2021, 02:11 AM
Colorado shooting: police officer among multiple people killed at Boulder supermarket - reports of "many killed". Suspect taken into custody having been shot, but not killed.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/22/boulder-colorado-active-shooter-supermarket

Lewis
23-03-2021, 02:17 AM
He's been in two months and the place starts falling to bits. They're detaining kids at the border and everything.

John Arne
23-03-2021, 04:43 AM
This is where we need Palin to step up....

John Arne
23-03-2021, 04:44 AM
10 confirmed dead.

Spikey M
23-03-2021, 08:30 AM
He's been in two months and the place starts falling to bits. They're detaining kids at the border and everything.

He's Made America American Again.

Lewis
23-03-2021, 03:34 PM
The shooter is called Ahmad al Aliwi Alissa, but, for the sake of brevity, any further coverage is to refer to him as 'Adam Allman'.

Don
23-03-2021, 04:13 PM
Reports indicate extreme paranoia was at play. In Colorado.

Lewis
23-03-2021, 04:17 PM
Twenty-one with a bald patch. I would be paranoid as well.

John Arne
01-04-2021, 04:57 AM
Like a bus.

California shooting: four killed, including child, in office building in Orange
Police arrived as shots were being fired; suspect taken to hospital after being shot by officers

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/01/orange-california-shooting-killed-child-office-building

Lewis
01-04-2021, 09:21 AM
The Colorado one fell out of the news even quicker than people were predicting it would. Hopefully this one has the right cast.

Lofty
01-04-2021, 12:13 PM
Fortunately Georgia is looking to authorise the sale of guns online with next day delivery, so that'll sort it.

Raoul Duke
01-04-2021, 03:39 PM
DeadEx? UziPS?

Gotta be some good puns in this.

Mellberg
01-04-2021, 04:04 PM
DHLicoptergunship

Disco
01-04-2021, 04:08 PM
Hermurdermes

Shindig
01-04-2021, 07:44 PM
DoorKalash. Yeah, I'm not getting much with these. The best I can do is slogans. Or a Fed Ex advert that's running in my head with the lyrics, "Rock around the Glock tonight." Or "Get Your Nines on Time" to the tune of Ride on Time.

Spikey M
01-04-2021, 07:46 PM
They're going postal?

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-04-2021, 07:14 PM
https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/nfl-pro-phillip-adams-killed-five-then-himself-ap-reports

Ex-NFL player has killed 5 (including two kids who were 9 & 5) and later himself.

Another is also badly wounded with gunshot wounds.

Shindig
08-04-2021, 07:20 PM
Damn concussions.

Bob Sacamano
12-04-2021, 04:18 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/texas-murder-suicide-office-gun-b1827507.html

This is an odd one

Don
15-04-2021, 11:58 PM
This Adam Toledo shooting is top-drawer. My G was nicknamed 'lil homicide' amongst other things and was holding a gun seconds before being shot. I live for the tears from his failed parents giving it the "he was a caring teenage son".

Lewis
16-04-2021, 12:12 AM
That woman mixing her gun and taser up got me. Really, love? Really?

Pepe
16-04-2021, 01:22 AM
I'm so clumsy! hehehe

Dquincy
16-04-2021, 06:38 AM
This Adam Toledo shooting is top-drawer. My G was nicknamed 'lil homicide' amongst other things and was holding a gun seconds before being shot. I live for the tears from his failed parents giving it the "he was a caring teenage son".

The mass reaction by people on twitter condemning the police officer for shooting him is infuriating. The kid literally drops the gun he was holding as he puts up his hands, giving the copper 0.5 seconds to react. Yet people just post a screenshot of the kid without the gun to justify slamming the police officer.

Perhaps instead of condemning the officer (who are im extremely difficult situations such as these), look at the gang banger that gave the kid the gun moments earlier or the kid's parents.

The other one where the female officer thought she was using a taser is an absolute shocker on the officer's part.

Raoul Duke
16-04-2021, 06:58 AM
That woman mixing her gun and taser up got me. Really, love? Really?

You know what a state their handbags get into

Lofty
16-04-2021, 10:06 AM
Mass shooting at a Fedex depot. Wonder if they have to repack any parcels with blood on them or just ship as is to meet those delivery times.

Ian
25-05-2021, 06:52 AM
Texas planning to make the "if everybody had guns....." dream a reality.

https://apnews.com/article/texas-gun-politics-shootings-government-and-politics-28ef6e5ea8dd48a57114b67e5a885fad

Spikey M
25-05-2021, 07:01 AM
It's a third world country. Nobody can convince me otherwise.

Shindig
25-05-2021, 08:35 AM
I can't think of a more Texas sentiment than all guns all the time, mind.

Queenslander
25-05-2021, 12:07 PM
Lol

Lewis
25-05-2021, 09:28 PM

It's like a sketch he's agreed to do to send himself up. But it isn't.

Pepe
26-05-2021, 01:56 AM
That's excellent.

Queenslander
26-05-2021, 04:19 AM
I'd vote for him.

Ian
26-05-2021, 06:34 AM
Well he seems like exactly the sort of horrific human who'd do well in American politics.

Shindig
26-05-2021, 08:05 AM
One horse pony. "Protect me house!"

Jimmy Floyd
26-05-2021, 08:43 AM
When you watch something like that you realise that if you take literal slavery off the table (which I'm not sure they really have, tbh) the discourse otherwise hasn't really moved on at all from 1860.

Spikey M
26-05-2021, 11:16 AM
I wonder how many Avon Ladies are buried in his garden for being on his property.

It really is such a mental country.

Pepe
26-05-2021, 11:35 AM
The image of her wife with the little gun is an all-time classic.

John Arne
01-12-2021, 02:18 AM
School schooting in Michigan.

3 dead, 8 injured.

A 15-year-old student opened fire at his Michigan high school on Tuesday, killing three other students and wounding eight other people, authorities say.

Oakland county undersheriff Mike McCabe identified the three students who were killed as a 16-year-old boy and two girls, ages 14 and 17. He said two of the wounded were undergoing surgery as of Tuesday evening and six others were in stable condition. One of the people wounded was a schoolteacher, authorities said.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/30/michigan-school-shooting-oxford

Mellberg
01-12-2021, 04:09 AM
I wonder how many Avon Ladies are buried in his garden for being on his property.

It really is such a mental country.

In the 3.5 weeks there I had an (alleged) ex-Navy Seal threaten to cut the ex-missus' tits off in Washington and someone threaten to get their "gun from their trunk" in a bar in Amarillo. Both times talking politics and calling Trump out. Probably should've held my tounge in some backwater in Texas, but you'd think Washington would be okay.

Amazing place away from the nutters, though. Incredible to look at and 99% of people outside of the big cities are ridiculously friendly and welcoming.

Lofty
01-12-2021, 06:21 AM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/volusia-county-pregnant-librarian-killed-b1966228.html

Shindig
01-12-2021, 07:09 AM
Well, you know how the song goes .... Don't pull the thang out, unless you plan to bang. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something.

Spikey M
01-12-2021, 07:20 AM
In the 3.5 weeks there I had an (alleged) ex-Navy Seal threaten to cut the ex-missus' tits off in Washington and someone threaten to get their "gun from their trunk" in a bar in Amarillo. Both times talking politics and calling Trump out. Probably should've held my tounge in some backwater in Texas, but you'd think Washington would be okay.

Amazing place away from the nutters, though. Incredible to look at and 99% of people outside of the big cities are ridiculously friendly and welcoming.

I will probably have to go at some point because the Mrs keeps banging on about taking the kids to DisneyLand, but other than that I'd happily never step foot in the place. Nice of them to build DisneyLand in the worst fucking part, too. :face:

I will probably avoid starting political arguments. #BLM

Spikey M
01-12-2021, 07:21 AM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/volusia-county-pregnant-librarian-killed-b1966228.html

That sounds like a fun game and everyone managed to lose. Mental.

Pepe
01-12-2021, 01:00 PM
I have never had confrontations with anyone. Just don't behave like an asshole and you'll be fine.

Adramelch
01-12-2021, 01:17 PM
I have never had confrontations with anyone. Just don't behave like an asshole and you'll be fine.

Yeah, I am with you on that. Sure on the (very) rare occasion you might get a complete nutjob, but that's generally not the case, and even then it's really not that hard to avoid an escalation.

Bernanke
24-05-2022, 08:49 PM
Someone hunting Texan kids this time.

Shindig
24-05-2022, 08:57 PM
Is it Chuck Norris?

Bernanke
24-05-2022, 08:58 PM
15 dead apparently, 14 of them elementary school kids. 10 years since Sandy Hook. :eyemouth:

Shindig
24-05-2022, 09:00 PM
A message on its website currently reads: "Robb Elementary Parents, please do not pick up students at this time.

"Students need to be accounted for before they are released to your care. You will be notified to pick up students once all are accounted for."

Bleak. :(

Lewis
24-05-2022, 09:01 PM
'Salvador Ramos'. Unusual.

Jimmy Floyd
24-05-2022, 09:36 PM
I see all the right on Brits are getting riled up again. Do they not see? America as a country thinks that a load of dead kids per year is a price worth paying. That's up to them. We are mugs for caring.

Lofty
24-05-2022, 10:11 PM
The genie is out of the bottle over there. If gun ownership was at the same level here as it was there I doubt people would be as rational about binning their guns and letting the chavs and career criminals keep theirs. A lot of people here seem surprised you can actually own guns in the UK, indeed there are two shops selling firearms and a firing range within 20 minutes of my house.

Lewis
24-05-2022, 11:25 PM
Sounds like a local thing in case you start.

Yevrah
25-05-2022, 12:35 AM
The US clearly don't care enough to do anything about this so I've decided I shouldn't either.

Yevrah
25-05-2022, 12:45 AM
Watching the Basketball now, Steve Kerr has nailed it. Absolute gent.

John Arne
25-05-2022, 12:51 AM
Yeah just watched that. He's right, but he is also right that all this will be forgotten in a few weeks.

As you said above, yanks don't care.

Yevrah
25-05-2022, 12:55 AM
Yep. Which is why I've had enough. It isn't a difficult problem to solve, almost every other Western country in the World has shown how it's done. If you actually want to stop it, stop it.

Lofty
25-05-2022, 05:06 AM
I would suggest every other western country in the world didn't have nearly as many guns out in the wild when thwy implemented gun control, to be fair. I reckon it would cause a civil war, especially in hyper politicised social media times.

Lewis
25-05-2022, 06:52 AM
There is a real sense that America will go mental over the summer. Probably some riots, a few more of these... Good job their vigorous leadership is up to it.

Yevrah
25-05-2022, 09:14 AM
I reckon it would cause a civil war, especially in hyper politicised social media times.

Don't disagree, but that then falls into the bucket of "not wanting to do anything about it". No matter how many mass killings there are, the majority of Americans (or enough of those with the power to do something about it) are comfortable with the collateral damage from their controls being as they are.

Lewis
25-05-2022, 09:21 AM
At least it was a primary school so we won't have to listen to any 'survivors' lecturing anyone.

Lofty
25-05-2022, 09:38 AM
Don't disagree, but that then falls into the bucket of "not wanting to do anything about it". No matter how many mass killings there are, the majority of Americans (or enough of those with the power to do something about it) are comfortable with the collateral damage from their controls being as they are.

Even if it doesn't cause a civil war, if they say right that's it we are tightening gun laws etc etc unlike the UK how many guns are out there already that won't be surrendered?

Spikey M
25-05-2022, 10:27 AM
15 dead apparently, 14 of them elementary school kids. 10 years since Sandy Hook. :eyemouth:

I think they said on the Radio this morning that this is the 27th school shooting in a year.

What a fucking dump of a country.

Spikey M
25-05-2022, 10:33 AM
I see all the right on Brits are getting riled up again. Do they not see? America as a country thinks that a load of dead kids per year is a price worth paying. That's up to them. We are mugs for caring.

And this is correct. It's disgusting and depressing but at this point - fuck 'em. If Columbine and Sandyhook weren't enough to make them change, nothing ever will be.

John Arne
25-05-2022, 10:35 AM
https://gyazo.com/d869bb495377775a532f812fa21a31d9.jpeg

randomlegend
25-05-2022, 11:10 AM
"Mugs for caring" about small children being killed. Yikes.

Spikey M
25-05-2022, 11:42 AM
"Mugs for caring" about small children being killed. Yikes.

As unpalatable as it may be, they've made their decision and we are in no position to change their minds. It's grim, but what's the point fretting about it? They're clearly comfortable with the situation.

randomlegend
25-05-2022, 11:48 AM
I didn't realise there needed to be a "point" in order to care about children dying.

Yevrah
25-05-2022, 11:50 AM
In this case, caring is achieving precisely nothing.

randomlegend
25-05-2022, 11:56 AM
And?

Spikey M
25-05-2022, 11:58 AM
I didn't realise there needed to be a "point" in order to care about children dying.

If they're not my children there does. Otherwise what am I achieving? I'm not going to cry into my pillow about lil Chuck getting killed while his dad is busy renewing his NRA membership.

As said previously: it's say, it's depressing and... it's not going to change. My energy is better served elsewhere.

randomlegend
25-05-2022, 12:01 PM
It sounds like you're talking about some kind of performative caring rather than just caring.

It doesn't take me "effort" to care when children die, I just do care. It's not something I can decide to switch off.

Sounds like you are the same ("it's depressing"), it's just not something you're going to act on. Which I agree, is perfectly reasonable given we have less than zero ability to impact it in any way.

Spikey M
25-05-2022, 12:04 PM
It sounds like you're talking about some kind of performative caring rather than just caring.

It doesn't take me "effort" to care when children die, I just do care. It's not something I can decide to switch off.

Sounds like you are the same ("it's depressing"), it's just not something you're going to act on. Which I agree, is perfectly reasonable given we have less than zero ability to impact it in any way.

Spot on.

Jimmy Floyd
25-05-2022, 01:01 PM
I'm still too busy caring about all the kids who died as child soldiers in the Second Congo War, I won't have diary room for anyone in American elementary schools until at least 2028. Obviously our media have no such scheduling conflicts.

randomlegend
25-05-2022, 01:07 PM
I don't think you really care about anyone but yourself.

Pepe
25-05-2022, 01:08 PM
At least it was a primary school so we won't have to listen to any 'survivors' lecturing anyone.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Pepe
25-05-2022, 01:09 PM
The profiles of America’s mass shooters don’t fit into an easy political box. The 18-year-old who massacred the elderly black New Yorkers at the grocery store in Buffalo earlier this month was driven by white supremacy and evil conspiracies like the Great Replacement. The shooter the next day, who targeted a Taiwanese Church in Laguna Woods, California, was Chinese. The recent shooting in Dallas, at a Korean spa, was carried out by a young black man. The mass murderer in Uvalde, another 18-year-old, is Hispanic.

Look at that diversity. This might be the first field in which the DEI crowd has managed to achieve equity. They should be proud.

Jimmy Floyd
25-05-2022, 01:27 PM
I don't think you really care about anyone but yourself.

I don't know why you bother starting these tiffs all the time. It's always the same thing: I make a post and all you can see is your own righteous face smiling out of it. First wank material I've provided anyone with since the showers at prep school.

randomlegend
25-05-2022, 01:31 PM
I just think you're a bit of a self-centred dickhead. As evidenced by the incredible sense of self-importance oozing off that post.

Pepe
25-05-2022, 01:37 PM
:handbags:

Lewis
25-05-2022, 03:09 PM
We need a twenty/thirty year plan to break away from the Great Satan before it drags us down the toilet. I'm prepared to learn Welsh if absolutely necessary, but in the meantime we can close all of their bases and bring in those French-type laws that say half of all the media broadcast has to be British.

mikem
25-05-2022, 04:24 PM

I’d say this is how most of us in the US feel about it too. Your learned helplessness gives you the arguments on this page (Americans are savage idiots who don’t care; you shouldn’t care). Our learned helplessness gives us equally, if not more stupid arguments (like whatever the fuck Pepe is on about, the metaphysical “what is an assault rifle, really?” We need to arm the communist union members who we think are brainwashing our children into becoming queer transgender …? Have another constitutional convention!). Not that we don’t care. We’re just numbing the pain of not knowing what we as individuals can do with all this noise like an alcoholic taking another drink.

Saddest thing is that the public has forgotten that all big changes in the US happen bottom up and not too down. True for political movements like marriage equality or civil rights that I support. True for the pro-life nonsense and the gun rights shit as well. It is always a million little local campaigns divorced a bit from the parties that manages to get a couple thousand signatures on a petition, votes in a local election, and test cases in local courts to build and force precedent. We all hate politics because we all refuse to actually engage in it on an unsexy, grinding, personal way. But we’ll create a massive din of noise and argue about the argument as we sit in our learned helplessness.

Yevrah
25-05-2022, 04:37 PM
I don't know if this one did, but in every school/uni shooting I've seen there always seems to be a guard who's armed with a shirt, cap and crappy handgun that hasn't a hope in hell of defending himself, let alone those in his care against a properly armed and prepared attacker. Why don't they give that guard an assault rifle and some sodding body armour?

Spikey M
25-05-2022, 04:51 PM
Has the mass outcry for armed teachers started yet? I feel like they might actually be able to move on once a Miss Trunchbull type takes out her class with her state sanctioned machine gun.

Yevrah
25-05-2022, 04:52 PM
Has the mass outcry for armed teachers started yet? I feel like they might actually be able to move on once a Miss Trunchbull type takes out her class with her state sanctioned machine gun.

Given we know guns are going nowhere, something needs to be done to give the victims a fighting chance.

Spikey M
25-05-2022, 04:57 PM
Given we know guns are going nowhere, something needs to be done to give the victims a fighting chance.

I would bet my house on one of the teachers turning their gun on the kids long before they had a chance to take down a gunman.

Ben
25-05-2022, 04:58 PM
I would bet my house on one of the teachers turning their gun on the kids long before they had a chance to take down a gunman.

Indeed.

Yevrah
25-05-2022, 05:10 PM
Well course, but guns are never going to be restricted enough to stop this happening so the conversation should turn to what else can be done. I like the properly armed security guard angle and if there's a net increase in the number of killings through that approach you go back to the drawing board.

Columbine was 23 years ago now and it keeps happening, so surely somebody in the US must be looking at practical and realistic ways to stop/mitigate this shit?

phonics
25-05-2022, 05:12 PM
4 seperate armed cops engaged with him and ran away because they’re all giant pussies. It’s a fucking terrible idea. All they do is go round bullying children and then disappear the moment they’re needed.

Yevrah
25-05-2022, 05:13 PM
4 seperate cops engaged with him and ran away because they’re all giant pussies. It’s a fucking terrible idea. All they do is go round bullying children and then disappear the moment they’re needed.

What were they armed with?

niko_cee
25-05-2022, 05:13 PM
ED-209s for all!

Ian
25-05-2022, 05:14 PM

NRA Launches "Arm A Toddler" Campaign To Combat Rise of Teacher-On-Student Mass Shootings.

Shindig
25-05-2022, 05:14 PM
They'll wind up getting employed as teachers.

phonics
25-05-2022, 05:16 PM
What were they armed with?

All cops have pistols and didn’t fire a shot at him until he’d killed 18 kids because they were scared. Cops are giant pussies who prioritise ‘coming home safe’ over protecting people.

You want to put a private militia armed with ak47s in the school?

Yevrah
25-05-2022, 05:19 PM
All cops have pistols and didn’t fire a shot at him until he’d killed 18 kids because they were scared. Cops are giant pussies who prioritise ‘coming home safe’ over protecting people.

I don't want to do anything, as thankfully I don't live there and never will. I'm just thoroughly bored with the never ending loop of:

1) We need gun control
2) We don't want gun control
3) ?????
4) School (and other) shootings solved. Oh.

So you can say these ideas are as shit as you like and they may well be, but what is the solution or at least something that can be done that would help? There must be something.

Spikey M
25-05-2022, 05:23 PM
The only answer we've found that works is "less guns". It's worked everywhere It's been tried. "More guns" has failed every time and has now resulted in "well there's too many guns to ban them now".

I don't know that there is a solution. Not while it's legal for Billionaires to keep Congress under their thumbs, anyway. It would take generational change at this point.

randomlegend
25-05-2022, 05:24 PM

Yeah imagine being scared of someone with an assault rifle. :cab:

The issue here is expecting some random cop with a pistol to be prepared to take on someone with an automatic weapon.

Yevrah
25-05-2022, 05:25 PM
The only answer we've found that works is "less guns". It's worked everywhere It's been tried.

As is clear by now, not an option.

Spikey M
25-05-2022, 05:26 PM

When I was a boy we shot each other with potato guns for the fun of it. Folk are soft these days.

Shindig
25-05-2022, 05:31 PM
What we need is a product recall to really shake up consumer confidence. Think Smith and Wesson hand grips giving you AIDS.

randomlegend
25-05-2022, 05:37 PM
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/teachers-gun-training-school-shooters-1.4584612

He announces they've all passed.

Six of her shots hit the child in the head.

...they've all passed

:lol:

Spikey M
25-05-2022, 05:40 PM
"Librarian Jace Daily is visibly shaken after seeing that some of the shots she fired hit the child in her training target. 'I need some practice,' she admits."

:D

What a country.

Yevrah
25-05-2022, 05:46 PM
:D Online learning it is then.

Shindig
25-05-2022, 05:49 PM
School librarian Jace Daily hugs a wall as a trainer tries to get into her classroom during a simulated school-shooting exercise. She's wearing protective equipment because the training rounds are about 10 times more powerful than a paintball.

Guys. Paintball. Switch every gun overnight to fire paintball rounds.

mikem
25-05-2022, 06:08 PM
I don't want to do anything, as thankfully I don't live there and never will. I'm just thoroughly bored with the never ending loop of:

1) We need gun control
2) We don't want gun control
3) ?????
4) School (and other) shootings solved. Oh.

So you can say these ideas are as shit as you like and they may well be, but what is the solution or at least something that can be done that would help? There must be something.

This is the correct thought process. You see it work in the US all the time as well but it is a long slow grinding unsexy process that works like this:

1) Find local interest groups to partner with (businesses who want reduced insurance, local community groups, local gun clubs, or whoever)
2) Push a signature campaign with these groups to get ordnances on the ballot. Lots of different ones in communities all over.
3) Get people to show up in local elections where you only need a couple thousand people to pass something instead of wasting time on bills where you don’t have enough elected officials.
4) Start pushing cases through the courts to see what sticks / what doesn’t. Supreme Court has already said it isn’t an unlimited right.
5) Electeds in state legislatures start to pass bills because it is what their constituents want. Look at all the nonsense anti-abortion bills that are on the books that will become law when the Supreme Court guts Roe.
6) Finally, the pressure builds on National electeds or enough laws / cases have been pushed to make precedent.

The answer is politics. Local politics works in the US and the people who practice it win. Worked for civil rights, marriage equality, pro-life, and gun enthusiasts. Try getting an abortion in Texas or Louisiana. The right is there but good luck accessing it. When the process starts nobody really knows what the exact bill, law, regulation is that will work. However, push it in enough communities and you can learn. But it is a long slow process that used to be more common in the US and only the right practices it anymore.

Shindig
25-05-2022, 06:11 PM
Yeah, the moaning's in the wrong direction. Shouting at Biden and Harris won't change shit unless half those kids are Kamala's.

Lewis
25-05-2022, 06:13 PM
And at the end of all that, all you have to do is confiscate millions and millions of guns from people who will have bitterly opposed every single step along the way. The losing side in the marriage debate didn't actually have to suck any cock afterwards.

phonics
25-05-2022, 06:30 PM
A not small minority of the opposing side was probably sucking cock the whole time anyway.

Shindig
25-05-2022, 06:46 PM
Bitter opposition that can't shoot for shit.

Boydy
25-05-2022, 06:50 PM
How did he get into the school? Did he just walk in? If they're not going to do anything about guns then maybe they should just lock down schools like prisons.

phonics
25-05-2022, 06:53 PM
How did he get into the school? Did he just walk in? If they're not going to do anything about guns then maybe they should just lock down schools like prisons.

He crashed his car directly outside it and the cops 'engaged with him' and then ran away.

mikem
25-05-2022, 06:55 PM
Honestly Lewis, we (Americans that is) have to admit we don’t have a fucking clue and are just distracting ourselves.

I grew up in 80’s Louisiana. There were lots of guns. Not lots of mass shooting. What changed? Not a fucking clue.

I was in the military for five years from 90-95. Literally saw the US military switch from fully automatic AR15 based to semiautomatic because Desert Storm taught us that you can’t hit shit with an AR15 based system on automatic fire. We never got a single piece of training on using it with full auto and the only time we used it? When the LT didn’t want to have to try and count up all the unused rounds on forms at the range and we needed to burn a couple hundred rounds.

Cops are shit because they get the lethality training but not the aggression training. They can put the number of rounds that match their weapon’s stopping power into center mass. Be able to be in a stressful situation without fight or flight kicking in. No. You train for that constantly through live fire exercises and whatnot. They are just bombs waiting to happen on the civilian population.

And the debates? Yelling at my in-laws that the shotguns they have to shoot ducks are causing mass murder doesn’t seem particularly good strategy. They are not opposed on spec to gun control but they have had shotguns their whole lives and have never seen anyone shot at or killed by one of their guns. Just screaming about taking everything just makes them stop listening.

The NRA of my childhood was different than what it is now. It was about local clubs and gun safety classes. Even now, most gun owners are fine with increased gun controls. But nobody is bypassing all the shit throwers of national politics.

And really, we have no clue how to stop it all. A lot of the cases are people who slipped through existing laws. So how do you make sure those laws are being enforced properly?

phonics
25-05-2022, 06:55 PM

This is exactly what they're supposed to be paid to do.

Spikey M
25-05-2022, 06:56 PM
Didn't America just change from Serial Killers to Spree Killers? There's Fast Food culture for you.

Pepe
25-05-2022, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't mind it if my university gave me a free shotgun and a handful of lessons. At least I could take some lol pictures to share with you, and banter with the students.

Don't make me take out the shotgun.
*Gets perfect evaluations*

mikem
25-05-2022, 09:24 PM
Didn't America just change from Serial Killers to Spree Killers? There's Fast Food culture for you.

It was postal workers in the 80’s. Does the UK have an equivalent phrase to “going postal”? They don’t seem to shoot up post offices anymore.

Maybe we just need a mental health regime of making people sort mail for an hour a day. Can’t be any dumber than arming the schools. Sure, let’s introduce an element of friendly fire / accidental shooting across the breadth of the US school system. Let’s say a given armed population has a 5% accidental shooting rate.

US School System
103,900 schools or about 5,000 school shootings
4 million armed teachers or 200,000 incidents
77 million school kids …. It’s bad enough without thinking through this number.

Shindig
25-05-2022, 09:26 PM
Our posties just dump the mail bags. No murder required, just a lot of inconvenience. Inconvenience is like murder to us.

Spikey M
25-05-2022, 09:38 PM
It was postal workers in the 80’s. Does the UK have an equivalent phrase to “going postal”? They don’t seem to shoot up post offices anymore.

Maybe we just need a mental health regime of making people sort mail for an hour a day. Can’t be any dumber than arming the schools. Sure, let’s introduce an element of friendly fire / accidental shooting across the breadth of the US school system. Let’s say a given armed population has a 5% accidental shooting rate.

US School System
103,900 schools or about 5,000 school shootings
4 million armed teachers or 200,000 incidents
77 million school kids …. It’s bad enough without thinking through this number.

We say "Going Postal" too, although if we were being true to our own postal workers that would just mean pretending to knock on doors and throwing parcels at open upstairs windows. Not quite the same vibe.

We don't really have an equivalent to your modern day antics because we just don't have the weaponry. Things were fair in the Serial Killing days because it was about getting the job done and not getting caught. But our psychos are definitely at a disadvantage now you've switched to Arcade Mode. There's no beating the timer with a knife. They tried cars for a while, but now all attractions have giant cement Lego blocks lining the road so that's not really viable any more.

Shindig
25-05-2022, 09:42 PM
None of those Columbine kids wound up winning 3 Grand Slams either.

randomlegend
27-05-2022, 09:23 AM
This is exactly what they're supposed to be paid to do.

Ok, so having seen a bit more about this now, it wasn't just some cop on the street with a handgun. It was literally their swat team with assault rifles who stood around refusing to go in (once some of them had got their own kids out obviously).

So yeah, fucking hell.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-05-2022, 01:45 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61604652

The gunman roamed outside the Uvalde school for 12 minutes before entering unchallenged, police said on Thursday.

He killed 19 children and two teachers before he was shot dead 90 minutes after he arrived, police said.

That delay, combined with video footage showing frustrated parents being tackled and handcuffed by police while the gunman was still inside the school, has led to growing public anger and scrutiny of the early response.

Yeah, they're useless.

Spikey M
27-05-2022, 02:19 PM
A rare dub for Phonics. What the fuck?

Lewis
27-05-2022, 02:20 PM

Disco
27-05-2022, 02:23 PM
If it didn't frequently involve a pile of dead kids (the stories of them smearing themselves with their friends blood in order to hide and being caught out shouting for help are horrendous) the responses to these things would be hilarious. The main advice from the idiots/financially invested seems to be recommending arming more people, presumably so they can stand outside as well and keep the police company, and less doors. If Mellin hadn't run off with with all our money it would be worth betting the cops killed at least one after they bothered to go in.

Ian
27-05-2022, 02:48 PM
You'd have thought if there was one state where the cops would want to yeehaw it with their guns at the drop of a hat it'd be Texas but I suppose it's trickier when it's a heavily armed mental and not an unarmed ethnic.

Disco
27-05-2022, 02:53 PM
There's also this cracking piece of thinking:

https://i.imgur.com/z9l2vjO.png

In which critical race theory would appear to simply mean the history of America over the last couple hundred years.

Spikey M
27-05-2022, 02:57 PM
Nothing says "woke" like murdering children.

Ian
27-05-2022, 03:02 PM
You can't even not murder children these days, Spikey. It's PC gone mad!

Disco
27-05-2022, 03:04 PM
PC Gone-Mad has now been issued with an automatic assault truncheon and an armoured bicycle.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-05-2022, 03:29 PM
A bad egg or two might get guns if we outlaw them so we might as well let everyone including ALL the bad eggs get them.

Manc
27-05-2022, 05:33 PM
What have eggs ever done to you?

randomlegend
27-05-2022, 05:36 PM
Egg Lives Matter

Lofty
27-05-2022, 08:33 PM
US police have always adopted this policy haven't they? Rick Rescorla was calling them slack jawed fannies back when Columbine happened.

Disco
28-05-2022, 01:52 AM
:d

phonics
28-05-2022, 01:54 AM
A rare dub for Phonics. What the fuck?

Always treat power with conceit and you'll always be right.