PDA

View Full Version : The yankee mass shootings thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

bruhnaldo
23-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Just grow up and own your shit, not really hard. Hell, I've apologized to people on here when I've said off the wall shit. Doesn't make it right in the first place but it's not hard to act like an adult.

You coming on here and talking about "ha! I was drunk! jokes on you!" is petty and childish.

I don't expect you to understand where I'm coming from but don't act "prescious" because I took a shot right back at you.

John
23-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Fair enough but also not exactly "several a year" either I'd contend.

That's just the most recent one I could remember enough about to find on Google. I'm not presenting it as evidence that there are several a year, I'm presenting it as evidence that Sandy Hook wasn't the last one, or even the most recent one with a double digit death toll.

leedsrevolution
23-06-2017, 03:33 PM
Just grow up and own your shit, not really hard. Hell, I've apologized to people on here when I've said off the wall shit. Doesn't make it right in the first place but it's not hard to act like an adult.

You coming on here and talking about "ha! I was drunk! jokes on you!" is petty and childish.

I don't expect you to understand where I'm coming from but don't act "prescious" because I took a shot right back at you.

Lol orite mate, peace.

mikem
23-06-2017, 04:22 PM
I'm agnostic about gun control but it really is not hard to come up with reasonable positions to not be where you are on gun control.

The policy of banning things doesn't have a great track record. It should generally be met with skepticism.

Gun violence is rare and mass shootings even rarer. If you have had guns in your family for generations without incident which scenario is more plausible: your kid is suddenly going to decide to shoot up his school or there is not much danger to guns?

There are background checks now that are far stricter than anything around circa 1980. Mass shootings may have occurred prior to that but Columbine has the same market effect as 9-11 in the American psyche. May be wrong but people who can't remember an urgency when you had virtually no restrictions may think things other than guns are more important.

A lot of the mass shooters got guns despite current regulations. Sandy Hook kid stole theirs (yes, from parents - I know) and Holmes, Roof, and the guy in Louisiana all should not have been able to get one. A lot of people would rather focus on fixing current laws than an outright ban. They get shouted down. Murphy (R-Missouri), a former psychologist, had been unable to get traction for years on measures to increase communication between cops and psychologists for years but had been shouted down in the maelstrom of stupidity that is our gun debate.

Mass shootings are the rarest form of gun deaths. The current debate focuses solely on that and then extends it to gang violence. It really is not unreasonable to argue that banning guns is not going to stop drug gangs who pull in $25,000 to $100,000 a corner from finding alternative suppliers. Which, of course, makes a lot of the gun debate about things which affect me but not thee.

Frankly, there are so many guns around that if reality matched the rhetoric we'd be Raqqa.

Finally, since this entire conversation is just virtue signaling from all sides, there are the simple political realities. It is a buzzsaw. Democrats are bad at politics because we have a tendency toward being scolds. The left is worse which explains them being the only people worse at politics than us. We lose entire chunks of the country because we condescendingly tell people they are stupid. Does gun violence, while tragic, really cause more suffering than uneven access to healthcare? And does the full throated yammering and outright distortion cause more opposition to things people would agree with?

None of this is an argument for anything other than the blinding zomg Muricans stuff is a overblown.

John
23-06-2017, 05:05 PM
As always, you're blithering.

mikem
23-06-2017, 05:09 PM
Ah yes, because the gun control lobby has used the same talking points and tactics you have. It has worked perfectly.

Spikey M
23-06-2017, 05:37 PM
I always found the 'it's too difficult' argument to be lazy as fuck. I mean, making them illegal would be hard (to put it very mildly), but it would be a simple process if you put politics to one side and amend the constitution that all the retards cling to. I mean, it's as simple as taking steps to reclaim all of the registered guns. Then, you take the ones criminals have as and when you encounter them (coupled with prison terms for the offending persons).

Will you get low lives taking advantage? sure. Political backlash? sure. But more importantly - after a while the instances of gun grime would begin to fall away.

And that's the more extreme option of gun control (the one the gun lobby try to claim is the only other option to MORE GUNZZZ) There are pleanty of less extreme options available.

I am aware amending the constitution would not be easy

bruhnaldo
23-06-2017, 06:01 PM
I appreciate what you're saying, but the actual and physical process of retrieving 300 million guns ...

Just the cost from assigning police or whoever to take on that task would be astronomical.

I'm not saying it's not worth trying I just really don't see how it's even remotely possible to get that type of cooperation from the American people, let alone get enough politicians on board to enact such a thing.

Plus I think it would actually incite a good deal of violence, what ...with all the "OVER MUH DEAD BODY" type folks in this country?

Personally, I don't reckon I would hand over my guns either, and I full well know there's a problem.

Edit: Plus, the initial taking away of guns from people who have them registered and would turn them in would create dozens of soft targets for crazy lunatics / thieving gangbangers / etc and would almost certainly cause an increase in such violent crime.

Then, sure, you catch the 'perp', take his gun, get that gun off the street. But there's still 1000s more that are roaming around that you don't know about.

Shindig
23-06-2017, 06:42 PM
I've said in the past the only way you get on a first step to gun control is if the public no longer feel the need to buy them. It's a product.

leedsrevolution
23-06-2017, 08:53 PM
Bruh is such a fucking dumb American cunt. Yeah I'm drunk again. So what, come at me bro.

leedsrevolution
23-06-2017, 08:55 PM
Meltdown in 5..4..3..2

leedsrevolution
23-06-2017, 08:56 PM
Oh he's not logged in at the moment. Let's give the school girl bitch act some time to fulfill his prophecy.

7om
23-06-2017, 08:56 PM
:face:

leedsrevolution
23-06-2017, 08:58 PM

Come at me bro.

John
23-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Shut the fuck up you utter pest.

leedsrevolution
23-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Shut the fuck up you utter pest.

Lol. Fuck off Peter Mannion.

Dquincy
23-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Leave him be, John. We don't all have to be like you on here, a miserable fuck.

Dquincy
23-06-2017, 09:36 PM
LR, you numpty.

leedsrevolution
23-06-2017, 09:39 PM
What's he like ey. The lovable town drunk.

Shindig
23-06-2017, 09:53 PM
It's alright DQ. He probably isn't that miserable either. Bet he sucks his thumb and tells his mum he loves her every night like we all do. Am I right!

:uhoh:

Back out of it. Just in case.

leedsrevolution
23-06-2017, 10:00 PM
shit. Deleted the post think I've just clocked on. Sorry.

John
23-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Mum jokes are par for the course with LR. He doesn't have the wit to do better.

leedsrevolution
23-06-2017, 10:05 PM
Your right John. I've pm'd you. I had genuinely forgotten. Sorry for that.

Lewis
23-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Waaaaay.

Pepe
23-06-2017, 10:15 PM
:harold:

leedsrevolution
23-06-2017, 10:18 PM

Wish my daughter good luck.

7om
23-06-2017, 10:25 PM
If John was Ant, you'd be the fourth person he'd put in hospital tonight.

Spoonsky
24-06-2017, 07:49 AM
What I think is hard for people outside the country to understand is just how engrained guns and gun ownership is within society - and on top of that, how much higher the level of distrust towards government is. There are measures you could pass to improve the situation in some ways, but in terms of a sweeping change... It's hard to imagine.

I find it sickening, no doubt. I hate guns and I'll never own one.

Spikey M
24-06-2017, 08:00 AM
The thing is, people said similar about smoking here. 10 years on and smokers are mostly puffing on flavoured water vapour and it's even starting to become socially unacceptable to smoke outside in case someone gets a face full.

People adapt to situations alot quicker than you'd think.

'People don't trust the Government' always makes me lol as well. Mate, Texas Tony has a 22. Trump has 75 gazillion F-16's. The Government can do whatever the fuck they want even if all the Survivalists wet dreams did kick off.

bruhnaldo
26-06-2017, 01:10 PM
Bruh is such a fucking dumb American cunt. Yeah I'm drunk again. So what, come at me bro.

What a fucking loser. Get drunk then hop on here and worry about me?

Pathetic.

Spikey M
26-06-2017, 05:48 PM
In fairness he's home alone with a shit dog and a dead beetle for company. What else is he meant to do?

Bartholomert
26-06-2017, 09:13 PM
The 'culture of smoking in the UK' is a laughable comparison to a fundamental freedom enshrined and practiced for centuries since the founding of our country. Guns aren't going anywhere, they are essential to our concept of freedom and personal autonomy.

Magic
26-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Constitutions are stupid. Found out the other day that the Serb one is based on some fucking questionable kingdom they want to restore to the 1300s. Freaks.

niko_cee
26-06-2017, 09:20 PM
Is that the one which has Kosovo at its heart?

John
26-06-2017, 09:28 PM
The 'culture of smoking in the UK' is a laughable comparison to a fundamental freedom enshrined and practiced for centuries since the founding of our country. Guns aren't going anywhere, they are essential to our concept of freedom and personal autonomy.

Do you take the founding of your country to be four years after the constitution was established, then?

I can't remember if you've spoken to this aspect of gun control before, so do you think that background checks should be applicable to anyone attempting to buy a gun?

GS
26-06-2017, 09:35 PM
This is it, isn't it.

I'm never going to understand the American love for guns, but if they think it's a constitutional right that they're allowed to have them then fine. What I can't get my head around is why things eminently sensible policies like background checks and / or banning the sale of things like grenade launchers is considered "an attack on OUR FREEDOMS".

Magic
26-06-2017, 09:43 PM
Is that the one which has Kosovo at its heart?

Think so. They basically had the entire region apart from Bosnia until the Ottoman's crushed them. That nationalist fire has been burning for nearly a thousand years and is still going strong.

niko_cee
26-06-2017, 09:47 PM
Yeah. I remember writing an essay on it at school for some debate thing and the resident Croatian did not like my line of argument that the Albanians had essentially annexed by stealth (or had been implanted into by foreign powers) the ancestral Serbian heartland.

What I can't get my head around is why things eminently sensible policies like background checks and / or banning the sale of things like grenade launchers is considered "an attack on OUR FREEDOMS".

First they came for the guys with the grenade launchers . . .

<got blown up>

Bartholomert
27-06-2017, 12:45 AM
Do you take the founding of your country to be four years after the constitution was established, then?

I can't remember if you've spoken to this aspect of gun control before, so do you think that background checks should be applicable to anyone attempting to buy a gun?

The Bill of Rights is a codification of Natural Rights thought to be self-evident but which was argued future generations might veer away from absent some form of binding protection. So yes, the private right to bear arms (an extension of the Natural Right to self-defense) has been a part of the American ethos since (and before) its formal founding.

bruhnaldo
27-06-2017, 01:00 PM
This is it, isn't it.

I'm never going to understand the American love for guns, but if they think it's a constitutional right that they're allowed to have them then fine. What I can't get my head around is why things eminently sensible policies like background checks and / or banning the sale of things like grenade launchers is considered "an attack on OUR FREEDOMS".

Sure, I can help here. Let's do a word puzzle:

Legislation written to take away the ____________________ to purchase a grenade launcher would, by definition, be taking away that said __________________.

Fill in the blank with the same word. Whether you agree with it or not it is what it is.

Disco
27-06-2017, 01:03 PM
Is it swordfish? It's always swordfish.

Magic
05-11-2017, 08:04 PM
At least 27 dead in church shooting, Texas.

Raoul Duke
05-11-2017, 08:07 PM
Which flavour? White and mental or brown and terrorist?

Magic
05-11-2017, 08:09 PM
I'll go with white supremacist and fully auto.

Yevrah
05-11-2017, 08:12 PM
Marketing for Far Cry 5.

Henry
05-11-2017, 08:29 PM
The gunman is dead. My bet is that he's some variety of nativist nut.

Spikey M
05-11-2017, 08:49 PM
If only the priest had guns.

Magic
05-11-2017, 08:55 PM
That town only has 600odd people, 30 of which are now dead. Have to lol at that.

Spikey M
05-11-2017, 09:03 PM
I can only imagine the improvement losing 5% of Southend’s population would have.

Shindig
05-11-2017, 09:55 PM
Depends on which 5%.

Spikey M
05-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Well ~100% are fucking mongs so...

John Arne
06-11-2017, 03:38 AM
God is, apparently, a massive cunt.

niko_cee
06-11-2017, 09:30 AM
Good job this wasn't "a guns situation".

Doens't even sound like it was a GUN FREE ZONE. :eek:

Jimmy Floyd
06-11-2017, 09:34 AM
At 01:30, Chris Speer was still sitting on his porch, sucking his cigarette in the dark. Fourteen hours earlier he was in the same place, with his 11-month-old son, when he heard "close to 30 shots".
"Your first instinct, you're out in the country, you think someone is shooting, practising," he says. "But it was too close. I knew something wasn't right."

He took his son inside. "If I could have got my gun, I would have," he says. "But when you've got a kid in your hands, I'm not risking it. He wouldn't let go."

Mr Speer didn't know the attacker but he knew "a lot" of the victims. "We're a small community. We band together. But what doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

What about what does kill us?

phonics
06-11-2017, 11:07 AM
Trumps response:

“This is a mental health problem at the highest level.”

You're telling me mate.

niko_cee
06-11-2017, 11:18 AM

Yeah, I thought the "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger" response was an odd one to 26 people having just been killed.

Magic
06-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Trumps response:

“This is a mental health problem at the highest level.”

:D

Needs moar lobotomy.

Magic
06-11-2017, 11:51 AM

That is creepy, sounds more like a lock the doors and execution style rather than auto spray.

Henry
06-11-2017, 12:12 PM
"This isn't a guns situation" declares Trump, who then proceeds to diagnose mental illness based on no evidence.

Magic
06-11-2017, 12:23 PM
"This isn't a guns situation" declares Trump, who then proceeds to diagnose mental illness based on no evidence.

Well I think the murder of 26 people is a substantial amount of evidence, to be fair.

Shindig
06-11-2017, 07:16 PM
It's not an either or situation. If you're about to shoot a load of strangers in a public place for the heck of it, you are not of sound mind. First time in a while a member of the public has shot back. That's the angle for gun control. An armed populous that won't act is a useless resource.

Magic
06-11-2017, 07:57 PM
It could have been 326 unless those two other guys hadn't stood for the anthem.

Spikey M
06-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Mental Health can’t not be a factor when you have someone carrying out a terrorist attack. That said, the law only cares about if you knew it was wrong or not. In other words, was he NUTS or nuts.

Henry
06-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Nope. That's a cop-out. Sane people do dreadful things too.

Baz
06-11-2017, 08:54 PM
That town only has 600odd people, 30 of which are now dead. Have to lol at that.:D

Spikey M
06-11-2017, 09:12 PM
Nope. That's a cop-out. Sane people do dreadful things too.

Do they though? ‘Normal’ people do not very nice things, sure. Affairs, assault, perhaps even murder in extreme circumstances. But I don’t see how anyone gets to the stage where they are planning and executing (pun partially intended) the murder of as many people as possible without being off their rocker.

They may know it’s wrong, They may have full control of their faculties, but you don’t get to that point if your screws are sufficiently tightened.

Magic
06-11-2017, 10:00 PM
Do they though? ‘Normal’ people do not very nice things, sure. Affairs, assault, perhaps even murder in extreme circumstances. But I don’t see how anyone gets to the stage where they are planning and executing (pun partially intended) the murder of as many people as possible without being off their rocker.

They may know it’s wrong, They may have full control of their faculties, but you don’t get to that point if your screws are sufficiently tightened.

It doesn't tie in with his agenda, so there's little point in arguing.

Shindig
06-11-2017, 11:07 PM
I once bought the Daily Mail on purpose. #HistorysGreatestMonster

Spikey M
07-11-2017, 06:18 AM

I just don’t see how anyone could think the Columbine killers, Sandy Hook killer or any Serial Killer the 70’s offered up we’re sane. I’m sure they are all ‘sane’ insofar as knowing what they were doing, but they were still quite clearly mentally unhinged.

Henry
07-11-2017, 08:27 AM

What "agenda" is that?

The attempt to blame mass shootings on mental illness is just another attempt by people to label things that they'd rather not deal with as The Other. It's similar to attributing stuff to "evil", in that it provides comfort that they are incapable of it themselves. Precisely the wrong attitude.

Not to mention that if we start declaring that swathes of people are insane based on such actions without adhering to any actual psychological definition, the term loses all meaning.

Spikey M
07-11-2017, 01:25 PM
All I can read in to this is that Henners is constantly fighting the urge to kill, which is not too surprising.

Shindig
07-11-2017, 07:32 PM
Great. Now I can't help but assume he killed his girlfriend.

Magic
07-11-2017, 07:33 PM
What "agenda" is that?

The attempt to blame mass shootings on mental illness is just another attempt by people to label things that they'd rather not deal with as The Other. It's similar to attributing stuff to "evil", in that it provides comfort that they are incapable of it themselves. Precisely the wrong attitude.

Not to mention that if we start declaring that swathes of people are insane based on such actions with adhering to any actual psychological definition, the term loses all meaning.

Don't murder 26 people = not insane
Murder 26 people = insane

:sherlock:

niko_cee
07-11-2017, 07:50 PM
More like angry, a bit of a div, and armed with an assault rifle.

phonics
08-11-2017, 09:54 AM
I think for this one, mental health might be an open and shut case tbh.

The gunman who opened fire on worshippers at a church service on Sunday escaped from a mental health facility five years ago after being caught sneaking weapons on to a military base and planning to carry out death threats made to his commanding officers.

Devin Kelley was stationed at Holloman air force base in New Mexico, where he worked in logistics and faced a court-martial in 2012 after repeated assaults on his then wife and young stepson.

Officers were advised that Kelley “was a danger to himself and others as he had already been caught sneaking firearms” on to the base, the report states, adding that he “was attempting to carry out death threats made on his military chain of command” and was also facing charges related to the assaults. He had been reported missing late one evening in June 2012. Police suspected he was planning to take a bus.

Months after the attempted escape, late in 2012, he was sentenced to a year in a military prison. After a bad conduct discharge in 2014, Kelley moved to Colorado (http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/06/texas-shooting-devin-patrick-kelley-colorado-arrest/), where he was cited on an animal cruelty charge for allegedly beating a dog.

John
08-11-2017, 10:03 AM
And he could still buy assault weaponry legally from a shop. Even if it is a mental health issue, it's still a gun issue.

The glee with which gun advocates are touting their 'good guy with a gun' theory is a bit unsettling.

niko_cee
08-11-2017, 11:02 AM
Also fairly pointless seeing as the good guy with the gun couldn't prevent 26 people being killed and the shooter ended up doing himself in anyway.

I know it's conceptually abstract, but I'd take my chances with an assault weapon free country rather than having a good guy with a gun.

John
08-11-2017, 11:09 AM
It does somewhat undermine their whole position that the best case scenario seems to be twenty six people being killed.

John Arne
08-11-2017, 11:26 AM
And he could still buy assault weaponry legally from a shop. Even if it is a mental health issue, it's still a gun issue.

As I understand it, in this specific case, the Air Force did not report his behavior through to the correct channels. If they had of done, then the place where he bought the gun would have refused it. Whether they actually would have... who knows.

The problem with this of course, is that he could easily just go to one of those gun shows, or a private seller, and buy a weapon with no background check.

Bernanke
08-11-2017, 12:56 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/world/americas/mass-shootings-us-international.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=g-artboard%20g-artboard-v3&module=photo-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

But there is one quirk that consistently puzzles America’s fans and critics alike. Why, they ask, does it experience so many mass shootings?

Perhaps, some speculate, it is because American society is unusually violent. Or its racial divisions have frayed the bonds of society. Or its citizens lack proper mental care under a health care system that draws frequent derision abroad.

These explanations share one thing in common: Though seemingly sensible, all have been debunked by research on shootings elsewhere in the world. Instead, an ever-growing body of research consistently reaches the same conclusion.

The only variable that can explain the high rate of mass shootings in America is its astronomical number of guns.

inb4 fake news

Pepe
08-11-2017, 01:08 PM
The glee with which gun advocates are touting their 'good guy with a gun' theory is a bit unsettling.

I prefer its larger cousin, 'good guy with a nuke.'

John
09-11-2017, 02:22 PM
Schools in Florida have started selling bulletproof panels for children to put into their backpacks.

Spikey M
09-11-2017, 03:13 PM
How much are the armour piercing bullets in Walmart?

Disco
09-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Schools in Florida have started selling bulletproof panels for children to put into their backpacks.

Selling them? Classy.

Spikey M
09-11-2017, 03:44 PM
They probably act like the ‘blackbox’ First time drivers can have fitted to reduce the cost of their insurance.

Magic
09-11-2017, 03:53 PM

Pathetic logic. Real mass murdering child killers always aim for the head.

Disco
09-11-2017, 05:57 PM
I had a satchel until I was 12, I'd have been butchered.

Spikey M
09-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Fucking should have been for that.

Disco
09-11-2017, 06:09 PM
It had my initials on it too.

Magic
09-11-2017, 06:20 PM
Boot bag or queer.

Lewis
09-11-2017, 06:27 PM
I used to get called a nerd for wearing my backpack - my 'parachute' - with both straps. lol enjoy your back pain one-strap faggots.

Magic
09-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Spazpack.

Pepe
09-11-2017, 07:30 PM
The wankiest ones where those with a single strap that buckled across the chest.

Disco
09-11-2017, 07:32 PM
Or the record bag, nothing but a stealth satchel.

Shindig
09-11-2017, 07:43 PM
One of the lads at school had a giant tennis bag. It was bigger than him. People who trip over it and there was one fight he got into where he swung it like a hammer.

Mellberg
09-11-2017, 08:21 PM
It was you, wasn't it.

Magic
09-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Slazenger lol. Certain things there was something inherently wrong with, even if they were decent gear.

Shindig
09-11-2017, 08:47 PM
It was you, wasn't it.

Heavens, no. I was a backpack lad with a single strap. This lad's been in Doha for a billion years teaching kids something. And fencing. 'cos he's that kind of ponce.

Henry
10-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Dylan Roof has been given the death penalty by the federal government. He may also get another from the state government. Which really sucks for him.

John Arne
15-11-2017, 04:35 AM
It's barely newsworthy anymore.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/14/northern-california-shooting-deaths-school

California shooting: four dead as at least one child wounded at school, police say

phonics
15-11-2017, 09:02 AM
Trump sent out his thoughts and prayers to a different town in Texas so that's them fucked.

Byron
14-02-2018, 08:25 PM
BBC getting reports of a school shooting in Florida.

YAY 'MURICA.

phonics
14-02-2018, 08:26 PM
There's actually been 6 (school shootings) in the time between this and the last post for a nice reality check on where the problem is at these days.

John
14-02-2018, 08:27 PM
School should just be finishing there. Not the best time to try to wipe out a school, unless you're outside with a full automatic.

Ian
14-02-2018, 11:52 PM
At least 17 dead, apparently. Trump will be loving how foreign "Nikolas Cruz" sounds.

Magic
15-02-2018, 08:19 AM
Sounds like a decent semi.

phonics
15-02-2018, 02:21 PM
The one heartening thing about this is that these kids are both old and online enough to tell all the people saying 'don't politicize the tragedy' to fuck off.

https://i.imgur.com/UMe74jW.png
https://i.imgur.com/tDUXkym.png

Pepe
15-02-2018, 03:14 PM
I do like the 'it's the gun who did it' angle.

Magic
15-02-2018, 03:18 PM
I do like the 'it's the gun who did it' angle.

It is though, isn't it? A person may have pulled the trigger but ultimately it's the gun who actually blasted the bullet out. Disgusting how it's being blamed on people.

Pepe
15-02-2018, 03:23 PM
Well, blame the bullets then. It is them who pierced through the bodies, not the gun.

Spikey M
15-02-2018, 03:25 PM
You’ve lived there too long Peps.

McAvennie
15-02-2018, 03:26 PM
if the air was thicker the bullets would cause less damage

Pepe
15-02-2018, 03:27 PM
You’ve lived there too long Peps.

I know. :(

Magic
15-02-2018, 03:44 PM
Well, blame the bullets then. It is them who pierced through the bodies, not the gun.

Jesus Christ...we've been approaching this the wrong way all along!

Magic
15-02-2018, 03:45 PM
I heard Lockheed Martin have signed a trillion dollar deal to start making full kevlar bodysuits and shields for kids.

niko_cee
15-02-2018, 03:46 PM
Isn't that a Chris Rock routine?

Jimmy Floyd
15-02-2018, 03:47 PM
The next Dem should run on repealing the second amendment. If it loses then you just say 'fine' and abandon ship for Mexico.

Spikey M
15-02-2018, 03:51 PM
They’d never get it though the Senate/Congress even if they somehow got elected before their assassination.

phonics
15-02-2018, 04:06 PM
The next Dem should run on repealing the second amendment. If it loses then you just say 'fine' and abandon ship for Mexico.

66% of the vote in the House and the Senate? You having a laugh?

phonics
15-02-2018, 04:07 PM
I heard Lockheed Martin have signed a trillion dollar deal to start making full kevlar bodysuits and shields for kids.

Nah that was from a while back that you're misremembering. You can buy Kevlar plates to put in your kids backpack.

Spikey M
15-02-2018, 04:10 PM
Which is only slightly less mental.

phonics
15-02-2018, 04:13 PM
Good news for the miniscule amount of DuPont stock I own though.

Magic
15-02-2018, 04:13 PM
If that kevlar thing is a joke already I genuinely didn't know about it.

#shame

phonics
15-02-2018, 04:18 PM

#shame

https://i.imgur.com/pn8bS52.png

John
15-02-2018, 04:20 PM

#shame

It isn't a joke. A company are planning to sell or are selling kevlar inserts for children's schoolbags in Florida. Note; sell.

Disco
15-02-2018, 04:21 PM
What a fucking shithole country.

Spikey M
15-02-2018, 04:24 PM
It’s the Land of the FREE, mate.

John Arne
15-02-2018, 04:27 PM
Fear not, Trump has just said that they are going to pray for the families

Sorted.

John
15-02-2018, 04:27 PM
It has come to something when the mad thing that Magic's addled mind invents as a joke is only marginally more bonkers than the real thing happening.

You can almost imagine some hateful Republican shitcunt saying 'let them have kevlar' as a joke and a lightbulb appearing above someone in the room's head.

Magic
15-02-2018, 04:31 PM
It isn't a joke. A company are planning to sell or are selling kevlar inserts for children's schoolbags in Florida. Note; sell.

Jesus Christ.

Henry
15-02-2018, 04:46 PM
We should probably ban "thoughts and prayers".

Jimmy Floyd
15-02-2018, 05:34 PM
66% of the vote in the House and the Senate? You having a laugh?

Then just shrug your shoulders and make the country accept it wants its children dead.

Note: not accept a risk that they might die. They want them to die. There is no reason to have guns other than to kill people with them.

Disco
15-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Yup. It's been going on so long and in such numbers that you have to conclude that this is the way people want it. Looks more and more like we, somewhat ironically, dodged a bullet back in '83

Ian
15-02-2018, 07:22 PM
Well, the Onion have remixed it so that justifies a re-post, right?
https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-r-1823016659

John
15-02-2018, 07:26 PM
They put out a slightly different version of that story every time there's a big shooting. It must represent about half their total output at this point.

Pepe
15-02-2018, 10:48 PM
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27857993_1867700256605795_6558634667798834501_n.jp g?oh=c73439be0ac70f1303e545df9263ca87&oe=5B0F2F56

ItalAussie
15-02-2018, 10:59 PM
Everyone who says this is a mental health issue and therefore gun laws won't accomplish anything should have their record on healthcare votes dragged out, and be forced to answer why they've been gutting the healthcare system, and mental healthcare in particular.

ItalAussie
15-02-2018, 11:01 PM
The truth is that anybody in a position of influence who sees this and then doesn't attempt to change anything actually accepts that this is an acceptable consequence of their chosen policy positions. They have to act as if they're concerned, but in reality they see it as acceptable collateral damage of the second amendment.

Sandy Hook was America's line in the sand moment. If America didn't change a single thing after that, there's no situation so horrifying that it will force them to do so now. They've made their decision, and established their precedent.

Jimmy Floyd
15-02-2018, 11:01 PM
Mental people with no guns > non-mental people with guns. It's a whole load of admin to kill people without guns. Just ask Vlad the Impaler.

ItalAussie
15-02-2018, 11:04 PM
That said, I think The Onion have made the definitive statement on mass shootings with their recycling the identical article every single time, with only the locations, names, and numbers changed. Every other element of social commentary is pretty much superfluous to that at this stage.

ItalAussie
15-02-2018, 11:05 PM
Mental people with no guns > non-mental people with guns. It's a whole load of admin to kill people without guns. Just ask Vlad the Impaler.

I 100% agree. The Republicans are enabling this on both ends, and they're not actually bothered by it. It's all just acceptable collateral damage for libertarian paradise they want to live in. I guarantee you that someone, somewhere behind closed doors has uttered the phrase "17 isn't that many when you consider the big picture".

The Republicans are, at this point, legitimately evil. You couldn't pay me enough to live in the US.

Ian
15-02-2018, 11:12 PM
I didn't realise until today quite how balls-deep the conspiracy loons had gone into Sandy Hook.

I assume they're having a field day somewhere.

Ian
15-02-2018, 11:13 PM
Just went to Above Top Secret to have a look, and the first post I saw on whatever page of their 22-page thread it was I clicked on had a guy linked to Infowars so I'm already out.

John
16-02-2018, 12:38 AM
If that story about the kevlar plates was coming out of Kenya or somewhere it would be straight on the 'look what these kids go through just to get an education' advert.

Dark Soldier
16-02-2018, 01:09 AM
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27857993_1867700256605795_6558634667798834501_n.jp g?oh=c73439be0ac70f1303e545df9263ca87&oe=5B0F2F56

Massacre the fuck out the adults, but come within ten feet of kids and you're being no scope 360'd by a 15yo.

Spikey M
16-02-2018, 05:41 AM

Do they realise that the majority of these fuckwits go in with suicide intended?

Kikó
16-02-2018, 08:15 AM
I 100% agree. The Republicans are enabling this on both ends, and they're not actually bothered by it. It's all just acceptable collateral damage for libertarian paradise they want to live in. I guarantee you that someone, somewhere behind closed doors has uttered the phrase "17 isn't that many when you consider the big picture".

The Republicans are, at this point, legitimately evil. You couldn't pay me enough to live in the US.

It's basically this. Kids being shot is just one of those things we have to accept.

Swimming pools are more dangerous anyway.

Henry
16-02-2018, 10:39 AM
The idea that saturating communities with yet more guns is going to lead to fewer incidents boggles the mind. You just know some student will get a hold of the teachers gun, or a teacher will decide to go on a spree.

ItalAussie
16-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Or a police officer will arrive on a scene with six different people - five of which are shooting in self-defence, and only three of which actually know who the original shooter was. Then they have to make the worst decision in the world.

Magic
16-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Pay attention kids.
Pay attention kids!
*cocks AR-15*
I SAID PAY ATTENTION MOTHERFUCKERS.

phonics
16-02-2018, 11:33 AM
Laura Ingraham (Fox) just did a piece on LeBron James being dumb and that he needs to stick to sports, not be 'yet another celebrity thinking they can talk about politics'.

The next segment was Chachi from Happy Days discussing foreign policy.

Yevrah
19-02-2018, 02:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0vLiQLpsc8

Watching this, which is basically the same response as always (I mean, visit Everytown.org, fucking seriously?), it dawned on me that the only way, the only way, to actually stop this is for anti-gun Americans to arm themselves and take to the streets, taking hostages at courthouses, police stations, etc. Sure people would probably die, but if guns are ever going to stop being so accessible, then they need to be the cause of total disruption to daily life, day after day, after day.

Radical end game solutions are needed and Jimmy kimmel's tear stick just isn't going to be enough.

Pepe
19-02-2018, 02:45 PM
So the way to stop shootings is by shooting a bunch of people? Why didn't we think of that before?

Lewis
19-02-2018, 02:47 PM
I don't particularly care about what America does with its guns, but I have had a little lol at all the 'WE DON'T NEED THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS'. Indeed. What we really need is an Oasis singalong.

Pepe
19-02-2018, 02:49 PM

Yeah I really don't get the 'thoughts and prayers' thing. Well, I do get it, it is a red vs. blue tribe thing, like everything in the US, and religion is a red tribe thing, but still.

phonics
19-02-2018, 02:53 PM
Watching this, which is basically the same response as always (I mean, visit Everytown.org, fucking seriously?), it dawned on me that the only way, the only way, to actually stop this is for anti-gun Americans to arm themselves and take to the streets, taking hostages at courthouses, police stations, etc. Sure people would probably die, but if guns are ever going to stop being so accessible, then they need to be the cause of total disruption to daily life, day after day, after day.

I read an interesting piece on this by abusing how gun ownership works. It's technically totally legal for you to turn over your registration to someone else for zero dollars with the correct paperwork, you don't need to provide a home address, just a name and I think social security. So his theory was to start arming the homeless in mass. Guns would be banned within a week.

John
19-02-2018, 03:05 PM
What a terrible idea.

The woman shouting 'do something NOW' in that Kimmel clip has pissed me right off. They can keep their guns until that mouthpiece takes one in the head.

Yevrah
19-02-2018, 03:13 PM
I read an interesting piece on this by abusing how gun ownership works. It's technically totally legal for you to turn over your registration to someone else for zero dollars with the correct paperwork, you don't need to provide a home address, just a name and I think social security. So his theory was to start arming the homeless in mass. Guns would be banned within a week.

Thanks Phonics, you and me and our radical thinking will crack this.

Raoul Duke
19-02-2018, 11:08 PM
If we're talking batshit crazy ideas then someone needs to have a pop at Trump/some of the NRA head honchos.

Shindig
19-02-2018, 11:11 PM
When's a presidential assassination ever resulted in a gun safety debate?

Raoul Duke
19-02-2018, 11:21 PM
Oh, I just meant it'd be cool

ItalAussie
20-02-2018, 03:58 AM

Yeah I really don't get the 'thoughts and prayers' thing. Well, I do get it, it is a red vs. blue tribe thing, like everything in the US, and religion is a red tribe thing, but still.

I think the point is that there are people who have the power to implement solutions who are simply producing statements that sound nice but mean nothing. Offering hollow platitudes over twitter is the platonic ideal of virtue-signalling.

If someone actively worked to prevent gun control, they have no place offering platitudes. They're part of the problem.

Lewis
20-02-2018, 11:16 AM
There must be an inanimate object that kills more people than mass shootings that we can refer to for a bit of perspective.

Pepe
20-02-2018, 12:18 PM
It would be nice if we told all politicians, people in general, to fuck off when they 'virtue-signal' on Twitter instead of doing something. Easy to do with the outgroup.

phonics
20-02-2018, 12:42 PM
There must be an inanimate object that kills more people than mass shootings that we can refer to for a bit of perspective.

Alcohol. They tried that one.

Disco
20-02-2018, 12:48 PM
Painkillers, there's probably even more money in them though so good luck with that.

Pepe
20-02-2018, 12:50 PM
Big macs.

Lewis
20-02-2018, 02:48 PM
Everyone knows about those. I mean something like lawnmowers or bathtubs.

Disco
20-02-2018, 03:01 PM
In America? It'll be vending machines.

John
20-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Everyone knows about those. I mean something like lawnmowers or bathtubs.

Car crashes could work.

Magic
21-02-2018, 11:08 PM
Trump has suggested arming teachers. :cool:

John
21-02-2018, 11:10 PM
I'd give it a month tops before a teacher in a rough school felt threatened and shot a student.

Might as well just get Treat Williams in.

Ian
21-02-2018, 11:41 PM
If more guns aren't solving all of your problems then clearly you haven't tried with enough extra guns.

ItalAussie
22-02-2018, 12:25 AM
To think, all those years at school when there weren't armed guards and I didn't get shot. Dodged a bullet there.

ItalAussie
22-02-2018, 12:26 AM
"We're going to solve the opiate crisis by stringing out teachers on meth."

Queenslander
22-02-2018, 12:30 AM
Good thing Teachers are immune to mental illness, breakdowns, PTSD etc...

Lewis
22-02-2018, 12:39 AM
I would be against this on the grounds that it would be just another thing for teachers to moan and play the martyr about.

Raoul Duke
22-02-2018, 08:25 AM
Yeah, fuck teachers.

Spikey M
22-02-2018, 08:32 AM
In my time at school the following happened:

-A teacher threw a wooden board rubber at someone and got them in the head.
-A teacher threatened to throw a stool at me when I wouldn’t leave the room after accidentally falling off my stool and bringing a keyboard with me.
-A teacher grabbed 2 boys by the scruff of their necks and forced them to the floor.

I could have been shot 3 times if they’d had guns. Mental.

Magic
22-02-2018, 08:41 AM
Then after stuff like that happens we should arm the kids to keep rogue teachers in line.

Shindig
22-02-2018, 08:43 AM
I love the idea of them firing a shot just to shush the class up.

phonics
22-02-2018, 09:07 AM
Woke up today to several videos of Marco Rubio getting owned by teenagers.

It's how every day should begin.

Henry
22-02-2018, 03:41 PM
http://time.com/4431356/nra-gun-control-history/

So apparently the NRA weren't always such a bunch of extremist assholes...

Ian
22-02-2018, 05:12 PM
I read a similar article on Cracked, so it was probably simplified compared to that but it was still interesting.

Ian
22-02-2018, 09:30 PM

"Wayne" seems like a fairly rational fella.

"What people all over the country fear today is being abandoned by their government. If a tornado hits, if a hurricane hits, if a riot occurs, that they're going to be out there alone, and the only way they will protect themselves, in the cold, in the dark, when they are vulnerable, is with a firearm."

Right you are, Wayne.

Disco
22-02-2018, 09:32 PM
Is automatic weaponry that effective against natural disasters?

John
22-02-2018, 10:06 PM
I'll bet everything I own that every tornado gets shot at more than ten times.

Ian
22-02-2018, 10:07 PM
You calling Donald and Wayne liars?

phonics
23-02-2018, 09:53 AM
The Good Guy With A Gun who was at the school froze outside the school, just standing there for 5 minutes refusing to go in and engage.

He's resigned.

Ian
23-02-2018, 10:21 AM
Well only teachers have the sort of bravery required to take on a fellow with an assault rifle.

phonics
23-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Trump has found the problem. Violent video games and movies. His solution to this? "Maybe they need to put a ratings system on movies"

Direct quote.

Ian
23-02-2018, 11:16 AM

Disco
23-02-2018, 01:48 PM
It's a good job we got rid of all the violent games and films over here or we'd be shooting each other left right and center too.

Kikó
23-02-2018, 03:16 PM
The response to this is so fucking brain dead that I find it hard to fathom anymore. It's beyond parody.

phonics
23-02-2018, 03:19 PM
It's actually been the best response in years imo. I'd given up all hope after Sandy Hook, if they were fine with letting 4 year olds getting massacred they'd be fine with anything I thought.

I think the sheer amount of video made this one impossible to ignore.

Yevrah
23-02-2018, 03:20 PM
But it's been that way for the most part for ages now, and when it hasn't, nothing's ever really been done.

Have some Jonathan Pie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkH3mJnloO0

phonics
23-02-2018, 03:20 PM
Jonathan Pie is a massive cunt. I've only ever watched 30 seconds of his stuff but I can't believe he's still going.

Yevrah
23-02-2018, 03:23 PM
Jonathan Pie is a massive cunt. I've only ever watched 30 seconds of his stuff but I can't believe he's still going.

A few home truths about the left put you off?

phonics
23-02-2018, 03:25 PM
?

I thought he was a lefty, I see it shared around Facebook all the time. As I said I've seen 30 seconds of his stuff, 'Man pretends to be deadpan news presenter' is a worn subject already.If I'm going to watch that stuff I'll go for that Irish bloke whos name I can't remember.

Kikó
23-02-2018, 03:27 PM
I think if someone other than Trump/NRA put forward the reason on why kids in schools were killed and came out of the process with "because schools are gun free zones" , they would probably be locked up as they were showing signs of insanity.

And this is the solution they have come out with.

Yevrah
23-02-2018, 03:28 PM
He is a lefty, but he's equally as critical of the left as the right, just for different reasons.

Tom Walker admits himself that the routine is as old as the hills, but for me, he's very good at it and says some interesting stuff.

phonics
23-02-2018, 03:28 PM
That was Merts argument for years.

Yevrah
23-02-2018, 03:30 PM
I think if someone other than Trump/NRA put forward the reason on why kids in schools were killed and came out of the process with "because schools are gun free zones" , they would probably be locked up as they were showing signs of insanity.

And this is the solution they have come out with.

I haven't run the numbers, but I'd imagine a significant number of Americans would also agree. All these 'solutions' come from a base position that is never ever going to increase gun control, let alone get rid of them.

Lewis
23-02-2018, 03:31 PM
Plus one for the Jonathan Pie hate.

Kikó
23-02-2018, 03:31 PM
Yeah and he's wrong as well.

You figure out why you've got kids with guns and why it's so easy to grab a hold of one. You tighten up the supply of guns and completely outlaw anything that is a semi-automatic. You don't fucking load up the teachers. JESUS.

Yevrah
23-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Yeah and he's wrong as well.

You figure out why you've got kids with guns and why it's so easy to grab a hold of one. You tighten up the supply of guns and completely outlaw anything that is a semi-automatic. You don't fucking load up the teachers. JESUS.

Well of course You (or I) do, but it's not our country or belief system, is it?

Yevrah
23-02-2018, 03:34 PM
Plus one for the Jonathan Pie hate.

Care to elaborate?

Kikó
23-02-2018, 03:34 PM
No it's not, they're a completely different hive mind (especially away from your liberal areas). Let the cunts kill each other if that's what they want to do.

Yevrah
23-02-2018, 03:40 PM
No it's not, they're a completely different hive mind (especially away from your liberal areas). Let the cunts kill each other if that's what they want to do.

They want easy access to guns and they're prepared to accept the collateral damage that goes with that.

Would I like to live in a society like that? Would I bollocks, but I can see why they draw that conclusion when access to guns is so important to them.*

*And I've seen the poll that says 60% are now in favour of greater controls, but I'd be curious to see how that would translate to an actual vote, should hell ever freeze over and it come to that.

Lewis
23-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Care to elaborate?

He isn't funny and he isn't interesting.

Anyway, has everyone seen Trump lolling about his bald patch? What a legend.

Pepe
23-02-2018, 04:17 PM
Anyway, has everyone seen Trump lolling about his bald patch? What a legend.

Link?

Lewis
23-02-2018, 04:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb_z4u1p4NM

I don't know what the picture is he's referring to. Presumably himself.

Pepe
23-02-2018, 04:39 PM
He loves that shit doesn't he? :D

phonics
23-02-2018, 05:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb_z4u1p4NM

I don't know what the picture is he's referring to. Presumably himself.

I'm on mobile. It's on Ashley Feinbergs twitter. It's gross.

Adramelch
23-02-2018, 05:53 PM
That video legitimately looks like it's straight out of a bad SNL sketch.

John
23-02-2018, 08:17 PM
That Philando Castile chap killed by the police a few years ago was a teacher. Maybe arming them is a good idea.

mugbull
23-02-2018, 09:26 PM
97% of the country supports universal background checks, but no chance of it happening politically. Isn't that something? The Republicans are now completely unanswerable to their electorate.

Yevrah
23-02-2018, 09:29 PM
97% of the country supports universal background checks

No chance it's actually anything like that.

mugbull
23-02-2018, 09:51 PM
No chance it's actually anything like that.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2521

Quinnipiac is a well-respected poll. It's probably a few percent less in actuality, but it's really fucking high.

Shindig
23-02-2018, 10:18 PM
To be fair, adding guns to every classroom is the most Trump response you could imagine to a national tragedy. His response to 9/11 would be an entirely armed workforce at airports. And planes fitted with air to air missiles as standard.

Lewis
23-02-2018, 11:29 PM
These companies cutting their ties with the NRA is a good one. What did you think it was, lads?

phonics
26-02-2018, 04:42 PM
He's now claiming that if he were outside of that school, he would have ran in unarmed and taken the guy down himself :D

Trump hasn't broken into a sprint since he was about 9 years old. How he plans to take down someone armed with an assault rifle, I'm not sure.

Lewis
26-02-2018, 05:11 PM
Just shows you what fannies the police were.

Pepe
26-02-2018, 05:43 PM
They feared for their lives.

Raoul Duke
26-02-2018, 07:28 PM
He's now claiming that if he were outside of that school, he would have ran in unarmed and taken the guy down himself :D

Trump hasn't broken into a sprint since he was about 9 years old. How he plans to take down someone armed with an assault rifle, I'm not sure.

He also pussied out of going to 'Nam, so it's unlikely the orange shitweasel would have gone in windmilling at some gun-toting pubescent.

Spikey M
26-02-2018, 09:46 PM
They feared for their lives.

If only there were people employed to protect and serve them.

phonics
26-02-2018, 10:21 PM

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ll

Lewis
26-02-2018, 11:01 PM
I don't really understand this stuff. If you are so arsed about politics that you care whether an airline is affiliated with the NRA, wouldn't you also be switched-on enough to notice how shamelessly cynical these companies are being about it (not to mention counter-productive)?

Pepe
26-02-2018, 11:04 PM
I'm not exactly sure how divesting is supposed to work. Like, how are you 'effecting change' or whatever by selling your stocks?

Pepe
26-02-2018, 11:11 PM
Won’t the fossil fuel stocks be bought by others?
Yes, others may buy the stocks, although the amounts being divested are too small to flood the market and cut share prices, so they won’t be going cheap.

This cuts to the heart of the impact of the fossil fuel divestment movement – which is not to bankrupt the industry financially, but to do so morally and politically. As research by Oxford University pointed out, the financial loss of the divestment campaign – the fastest growing in history – will not be felt through the shares sold but through the reputation lost by these companies by being stigmatised.

Will organisations that divest lose money?
Not necessarily – in fact they may even make money.

Lol.

Lewis
26-02-2018, 11:22 PM
I read once - but I can't find it now - that the hole in the British universities' pension fund (which they are currently striking over an attempt to resolve) was roughly equivalent to the money they have missed out on by divesting from fossil fuels and tobacco and all that bad stuff.

In this case it is just stuff like NRA members getting discounts on car rentals and other bollocks, which those companies are now putting a stop to. Alright. Go for it. But I don't suppose people join the National Rifle Association to get discounted hotel rooms, so this can't be an economic sanction. It is just the other companies posturing. Again, go for it. But the NRA has not become any more mental or distasteful in the past week. They were always like this, and you condoned it until a few verified Twitter users got on your case. If your 'brand values' are so easily swayed then they are actually non-existent, and you just look like twats.

ItalAussie
27-02-2018, 03:28 AM

He'd stab the guy with his totally real bone spurs guys.

Lewis
27-02-2018, 04:50 PM
Further to yesterday, lol at Google blocking 'gun' and 'rifle' from its shopping searches. Meanwhile, anyone who wants a 'firearm' or maybe even a 'landmine', feel free to crack on.

Pepe
27-02-2018, 04:56 PM

That's just pathetic.

Henry
27-02-2018, 05:24 PM
I'm not exactly sure how divesting is supposed to work. Like, how are you 'effecting change' or whatever by selling your stocks?

The effect may be minimal but in principle lower demand for something causes the price to drop. There's also reputational damage which leads to further uncertainty for the target.

And no, Lewis, the NRA were not always like this. Apparently. I posted a link upthread.

phonics
28-02-2018, 08:55 PM

Pepe
28-02-2018, 09:32 PM
That's as AMERICA as it gets. :D

Disco
28-02-2018, 09:38 PM
Bullet crowns.

Pepe
28-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Less than two hours away from where I'll be living. :drool:

Kikó
01-03-2018, 07:57 AM
Trump was actually pragmatic yesterday. He actually wants a gun law that restricts access. It's good to see retailers like Dick's and Walmart take the initiative as well.

John
01-03-2018, 09:35 AM
Trump was actually pragmatic yesterday. He actually wants a gun law that restricts access. It's good to see retailers like Dick's and Walmart take the initiative as well.

It's difficult to give him credit for that when one of the first things he did was bin an Obama policy that expanded the information available in the background check, essentially making it less likely that a nutcase would be identified as such. He shouts about it being a mental health issue, but one of his first actions made it easier for the mentally ill to buy a gun.

Kikó
01-03-2018, 09:39 AM
Yeah agreed - but when he gives some concessions then it's amazing.

Henry
01-03-2018, 10:07 AM
Trump's proposal allegedly violates the 2nd, 4th and 5th amendments. :lol:

The Republican dickhead complaining about it probably had it right - Trump is influenced on any issue by the last person he speaks to. In this case it apparently was some anti-gun person.

Now we just need to work on a plan to get him a meeting with Chomsky just prior to the next State of the Union address...

Henry
01-03-2018, 10:09 AM
Also: Couples lug AR-15 assault rifles to Pennsylvania church blessing (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-church/couples-lug-ar-15-assault-rifles-to-pennsylvania-church-blessing-idUSKCN1GC2V3)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/news/2018/02/28/TELEMMGLPICT000155895556_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqnpV-GRdD2fQt8qdeuHLgxTHJeBGwsHKtEzFScX40X2I.jpeg?imwid th=450

https://localtvwnep.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/gettyimages-925473128.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&strip=all

phonics
01-03-2018, 12:20 PM

Less pragmatic and more prone to agree with the last person he talked to. I know the imagine if Obama stuff is a bit played out but can you imagine him saying, "First we take the guns, and then we do due process" and not being immediately impeached and killed in the street?

phonics
02-03-2018, 05:05 PM
Iowa has found their solution.

Guns for the blind.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/08/iowa-grants-gun-permits-to-the-blind/2780303/

ItalAussie
03-03-2018, 01:22 AM

The insane thing is that the vast majority of churches in any country in the world would find this utterly insane.

It's truly weird how bafflingly entwined conservative political and religious beliefs have become in the US. You wonder whether any of them even own a passport.

Shindig
03-03-2018, 09:15 AM
One nation under God. Might as well be constitutionally binding.

Lewis
03-03-2018, 12:24 PM
BlackRock is getting all serious with the gun manufacturers it owns shares in. They can't just pull the plug on them, because that could set an awkward precedent, but they can require them to answer questions like 'What steps do you take to support the safe and responsible use of your products?', and 'What strategies do you employ to monitor how your products are being sold?' Good stuff. But wait a minute lads. Don't you own ten per cent of Raytheon, whose wire-guided anti-tank missiles have been al-Qaeda's most potent weapon in Syria?

Also, lol at Delta blowing that tax break (which was bullshit, but is lol for these purposes) over thirteen NRA discount tickets.

Henry
03-03-2018, 12:32 PM
LOL indeed if Delta moves to another state.

Also, since corporations are apparently people, and spending money is apparently an exercise of free speech, this is a violation of the first amendment.