PDA

View Full Version : What shall your weekend bring?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

bruhnaldo
18-09-2015, 03:34 PM
I'll be heading up to Jacksonville to watch my beloved Miami Dolphins take on the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Fellers?

leedsrevolution
18-09-2015, 03:35 PM
Wetting the baby's head tomorrow. All day session in York.

Toby
18-09-2015, 03:41 PM
Well I guess there goes our chance to fix this title.

I look forward to doing absolutely nothing.

Kikó
18-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Not much but I'll be in Jacksonville on Monday for work. Bit of a shame the Jaguars aren't at home the week after.

bruhnaldo
18-09-2015, 03:45 PM
Well I guess there goes our chance to fix this title.

I look forward to doing absolutely nothing.

Can edit the title to whatever.

Or I can just edit the title to something completely different and one of you can start the thread.

Just let me know I guess...

Vim
18-09-2015, 04:35 PM
I've got to finish cleaning my old apartment as I'm moving into a dorm. Much cheaper and working internet.

-james-
18-09-2015, 06:25 PM
PC components hopefully all arriving tomorrow. Been about five years since I had something I could play decent games on so I'm quite excited.

Going to a friends leaving thing in sunny Dunfermline in the evening, then probably playing video games all day Sunday. What's something good from this decade that I should catch up on?

AE
18-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Lads, Cincinnati has the Largest Oktoberfest in North America.
Get your arses over here and enjoy the festive. Starts today!

The Merse
18-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Cardiff. Rugby. Beer.

Lee
18-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Into Leicester tomorrow morning to get the car serviced. Then I'll sit about for most of the day before I'm forced into shopping for new sofas on Sunday.

Danny
18-09-2015, 09:35 PM
I'll be heading up to Jacksonville to watch my beloved Miami Dolphins take on the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Fellers?

And watching them win I imagine.

As for me fuck all on this weekend. Supposed to have a 7 a side game at the same time as the Jags game but it might be cancelled if too many are going to that.

Kikó
18-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Danny - do you want to buy me a beer in jax?

Danny
18-09-2015, 10:49 PM
Shouldnt you be the one on expenses buying me one :lol:

Do you know where you are going to be yet?

Kikó
18-09-2015, 10:52 PM
Shouldnt you be the one on expenses buying me one :lol:

Do you know where you are going to be yet?

The hotel indigo deer park.:dance:

Waffdon
18-09-2015, 11:03 PM
I need to get work trousers on Sunday, so hopefully football tomorrow doesn't leave me too shitfaced

Demerit
18-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Rugby in the 'lads' cinema room tonight, few beers in the shitty local tomorrow, then a day of football/nfl on sunday.

Danny
19-09-2015, 12:05 AM
Theres a steakhouse right outside it, I have been to one in the chain and it was really good. You also have St John's Town Center not too far from there so loads of options for food/drink.

Giggles
19-09-2015, 11:13 AM
I've to go to a wedding showcase tomorrow. It's on right during the football final :(

Mike
19-09-2015, 12:41 PM
Just watching the football now waiting for Baz and some mates to arrive with a KFC before an afternoon/evening of drinking. Tomorrow I shall edit Pro Evo and play MGS

SvN
19-09-2015, 04:19 PM
It's the birthday of my wife's friend's fiancee tonight, who I think is a tool. My wife is already committed to going, so I've decided to do her a favour and go for a couple of drinks. He's a Southampton fan too, which means as usual, he'll get pissed and start ranting about how Southampton are better than United, especially with the game being tomorrow.

Ugh.

Lewis
19-09-2015, 04:23 PM
The dog is going home this week (fucking hell I have to take him back), so I'll take him for an ice cream tomorrow before he goes home to be neglected.

Boydy
19-09-2015, 04:23 PM
You give your dog ice cream?

Lewis
19-09-2015, 04:28 PM
It's his favourite thing.

Giggles
19-09-2015, 04:28 PM
My folks dog always gets a golly bar once a week. He loves it.

Boydy
19-09-2015, 04:31 PM
http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/ss/slideshow-foods-your-dog-should-never-eat

Number 7.

:nono:

Lewis
19-09-2015, 04:33 PM
I would take a the squits over not having ice cream, and I bet he would too.

Reg
19-09-2015, 04:37 PM
My dog likes kitchen rolls. After having a few (after all the paper is gone), he now looks up all hopeful every time I use a sheet.

Boydy
19-09-2015, 04:38 PM
I'm going to some family dinner now for my cousin's 18th birthday. It seemed a good idea at the time when I agreed to it but now I can't really be arsed. Oh well. At least the food should be decent.

Pleb
19-09-2015, 05:55 PM
My parents are drunk after watching the Exeter Chiefs so tonight is going to be interesting :grin:

Andy
19-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Really hungover, pretty sure I made a tit of myself at my local last night. Should be fun next time I go for a pint.

Saints - United tomorrow.

mo
19-09-2015, 10:50 PM
Was meant to be helping to put coving up tomorrow, looks like that's not going to happen now, which is a relief. Will therefore do some teacher shit (planning and marking) and not a lot else.

Boydy
20-09-2015, 02:23 PM
I'm going to some family dinner now for my cousin's 18th birthday. It seemed a good idea at the time when I agreed to it but now I can't really be arsed. Oh well. At least the food should be decent.

This was actually pretty good in the end and I ended up going out afterwards with my older cousin. Feel like shit now though.

Giggles
20-09-2015, 02:32 PM
The thing I was at was shit. God I fucking hate people.

Toby
20-09-2015, 02:35 PM
The bar I sometimes work on is next to a local college, and I realised on Friday when I asked some of the new students for ID that the current crop of 18-year-olds were born in 1997. :sick:

Pepe
20-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Was that the cousin you were moaning about before Boyd?

Disco
20-09-2015, 02:42 PM
The bar I sometimes work on is next to a local college, and I realised on Friday when I asked some of the new students for ID that the current crop of 18-year-olds were born in 1997. :sick:

Christ, I first started going out and drinking etc before they were even born.

Foe
20-09-2015, 02:58 PM

Are these people who opt to go to Shetland for college? Or is it an internal island deal?

Just wait until the 2000's can drink. :(

Toby
20-09-2015, 03:33 PM
I'd say most of them are from elsewhere. It's a good course.

Boydy
20-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Was that the cousin you were moaning about before Boyd?

It was his birthday, yeah. But it was another, older one I went out with.

Spoonsky
22-09-2015, 03:58 AM

:wave:

On Friday my cross country team won the big all-city meet, and I got 5th overall, which means that I'm the 5th fastest person in the entire city, and also I got a shiny medal. Then me and some friends got figgity-fucked and went to the high school football game, and then to a brilliant party where this Chilean exchange student made us all dance to EDM music. On Saturday morning I recovered in time for my funk band to play at this big street fair, then had a piano lesson and at night went to see Steven Gerrard get embarrassed by the mighty Real Salt Lake. On Sunday I just read and did homework. Pretty great weekend tbh.

Benny
22-09-2015, 08:29 AM
Didn't do too much this weekend. Friday I went to my girlfriend's nan's for a 'games night' with her family, it was actually good fun and her nan makes amazing cheesecake, which I smashed. Saturday I went to sort out and hopefully finally cancel this cunting Three Mobile contract. Sunday I was up early for the train to the Tottenham game, picked up my old mobile off Kiko, dodged his salad and got to the point where I was hungover before I even got on the train to go home.

Boydy
22-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Dodged his salad?

Mazuuurk
22-09-2015, 08:34 AM
This friday I'm heading to Dreamhack Open in Stockholm to get fucked and watch some Starcraft, I hope.

Spammer
22-09-2015, 08:40 AM
Fuck all planned this weekend, which is what I need. Been pretty busy recently and am looking forward to a couple of days of arsing around my flat.

Benny
22-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Dodged his salad?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Badger-Runs-Away.gif

Lewis
25-09-2015, 10:55 AM
We took the dog to some faggy cafe near here, and he was sitting there like the big man because he's been the best dog in Hedon for six months; but then when some boxer dog bowled in looking similarly confident and smug they both went for each other. People watching probably thought he was a tough bulldog and that he stood a chance, but I just lol at him because I know he's scared of plastic bags and engine noises.

Boydy
25-09-2015, 10:59 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Badger-Runs-Away.gif
I still don't understand.

We took the dog to some faggy cafe near here, and he was sitting there like the big man because he's been the best dog in Hedon for six months; but then when some boxer dog bowled in looking similarly confident and smug they both went for each other. People watching probably thought he was a tough bulldog and that he stood a chance, but I just lol at him because I know he's scared of plastic bags and engine noises.

You ♥ that dog.

igor_balis
25-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Wanking and playing the new Fifa this weekend I think.

Lewis
25-09-2015, 11:02 AM
We're leaving him here today. My mother had to distract him with food whilst I packed the car so he didn't realise and have a heart attack.

Vim
25-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Got a friend's birthday party today, then tomorrow it's the semester's intro party at uni so a busy weekend on that front. F1 and MotoGP are on too, think I'll have to download those afterwards.

Giggles
25-09-2015, 05:20 PM
Pub tomorrow early for dinner, Totteringham, and beer. Supposed to come on home after. Will I fuck.

Andy
25-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Loads of being stuff to keep the other half happy as I'm off to London for next weekend for the Southampton game.

Suffering with man flu so hopefully I can just sleep all weekend.

Benny
25-09-2015, 05:29 PM
Tomorrow going to a food and drink festival (it's a bunch of stalls, why bother calling it a festival?) and then off to my mates for a rugby WC party, which will be sweet as it's been a while since everyone has hung out.

Giggles
25-09-2015, 05:35 PM
Actually that's just reminded me that there's rugby on tomorrow so I will go home after the football.

Mike
25-09-2015, 05:35 PM
I'm at a 40th party with work tomorrow. Should be alright.
Tonight I'm sleeping and Sunday I've nothing planned

Waffdon
25-09-2015, 05:46 PM
Another early train to Perth for a long day ONIT

Giggles
25-09-2015, 05:47 PM
I'm going to attempt to transfer FM to my laptop tonight but I don't know any passwords, etc for that awful Steam thing. Couple of Podcasts I want to catch up on too.

Disco
25-09-2015, 05:54 PM
I might buy a suit tomorrow.

Lee
25-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Tomorrow will be good. Leicester vs Arsenal followed by England vs Wales in the rugby. Sunday we're going to buy the sofa we chose last week.

Utotri
25-09-2015, 11:18 PM
Tomorrow I'm going to clean my room and do as little as possible. In the evening I'll visit some friends with my girlfriend. Sunday I'm up early to watch Suzuka with a friend and after that play board games with friends and watch the cycling WC with them.

Spoonsky
26-09-2015, 12:43 AM
Woke up by my dad telling me that my friend was here to make me play football, which was quite a bizarre way to wake up, but the football was really fun given I haven't played for a while. Now I'm about to go to the Salt Flats for sunset and take some purty pictures.

Fridays without school are so blissful.

Sam
26-09-2015, 01:21 AM
Mate booked the saturday off when we were going to Preston away. As that left up we are going on an all day pub crawl, tried to rope a few of the other lads in but most are settling down these days, thus, we are a mighty four, still should be a cracking day out, downside is I've got to be back up at 8am on the sunday...

Lee
26-09-2015, 09:04 AM
She's gone fucking mental because I've invited a couple of mates round to watch the rugby later. She's not even going to be here, for fuck's sake. I'm inconsiderate and she doesn't want our house to become a den for my 'alcoholic friends'. Fuck me.

Giggles
26-09-2015, 09:08 AM
That's going a bit far on her part. Does she think you'll all be swinging from the lights?

Sounds like she just wants total control even when she's not there.

Magic
26-09-2015, 09:09 AM
So... your friends aren't coming round anymore? :harold:

Lee
26-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Fuck knows. I'm doing it anyway. She doesn't ask me for permission to have her stupid family around here while I'm at work.

Magic it depends if they want to, I only asked them about half an hour ago. If they want to then they're coming.

"I want them gone before I get home."

I want a million quid but such is life.

She's now angrily cleaning the house.

Toby
26-09-2015, 09:10 AM
That sounds fucked. I don't get how people can get in the mindset where they think it's healthy for the relationship to make those sort of demands of their partner.

Yevrah
26-09-2015, 09:16 AM
She sounds so much like (the now ex) Mrs Yev.

Giggles
26-09-2015, 09:19 AM
I'm dreading the day mine turns into that. She's so bang on now, but they all go that way don't they? :(

Lee
26-09-2015, 09:23 AM
She sounds so much like (the now ex) Mrs Yev.

I'm really trying to avoid it getting to that point and I'm still hopeful that it won't.

Things came to a head three weeks ago and we had a properly frank conversation. Both in floods of tears sort of conversation. I wasn't intending to end it then but I was clear that that was what was going to happen unless we both changed things. It fucking destroyed her. She didn't see it coming and it's the worst thing I've ever done to a person.

I've definitely become more selfish recently and she has since acknowledged that we'd allowed ourselves to just become two people who happen to live together. Which is a shame as we love one another very much. Things have been really good since we had that conversation. This outburst is just her being her and it winds me right up.

leedsrevolution
26-09-2015, 09:28 AM
I'm dreading the day mine turns into that. She's so bang on now, but they all go that way don't they? :(

I've been with my bettter half for 3 years and she's never been like that nor do I imagine she ever will. She's happy for me to have the lads round make as much mess as we like. As long as I tidy it the fuck up the next day all is good.

Adamski
26-09-2015, 10:21 AM
I've been with my bettter half for 3 years and she's never been like that nor do I imagine she ever will. She's happy for me to have the lads round make as much mess as we like. As long as I tidy it the fuck up the next day all is good.

That's quite a good girl you've got there. You should feel lucky, especially with that face.

Lewis
26-09-2015, 10:33 AM
My brother and his bird have one of those quality relationships sustained by mutual jealousy and tension. He kicks her out (or she moves back home) every month, but then she comes back and they crack on as before. It's amazing.

leedsrevolution
26-09-2015, 10:45 AM
That's quite a good girl you've got there. You should feel lucky, especially with that face.

Fuckinghell. Not to get into it but I've always been incredibly successful with girls. Even though I'm ugly. Fucks off my mates rotten.

Guido-
26-09-2015, 11:06 AM
my weekend will consist of football and fucking my side bitch just as long as my wife doesn't find out thankfully she at her bosses house she said something about a promotion as she is good with her mouth, guess you had to be when you're a telephone salesman

Giggles
26-09-2015, 01:47 PM
The rugger isn't on til tomorrow apparently but heading home shortly as the Mrs will be home earlier than expected, so I'm going to make her a curry.

Danny
27-09-2015, 12:47 AM
Impromptu Jacksonville Armada game. They are playing the Tampa Bay Rowdies. Apparently Freddy Adu plays for them. Not that I would know, he's on the bench.

http://i.imgur.com/9WQ8zUb.jpg

3rd from the left

igor_balis
27-09-2015, 01:09 AM
God speed Lee, that kind of control freak shit is unbearable. I was in Liverpool a while back so got in touch with an old friend. He came out for a pint, but said he had to go home to send a snapchat to his girlfriend to prove he wasn't out on the piss. Because she said he wasn't allowed to. 'Oh, where's the girlfriend?' 'oh, she's back home' 'oh alright, what's she up to?' 'oh she's gone out clubbing with her mates' '...:happycry:'

Clunge
27-09-2015, 09:04 AM
Pot roasting a piece of brisket I've brined for a week. I'm already getting fidgety with excitement.

Magic
27-09-2015, 09:24 AM
God speed Lee, that kind of control freak shit is unbearable. I was in Liverpool a while back so got in touch with an old friend. He came out for a pint, but said he had to go home to send a snapchat to his girlfriend to prove he wasn't out on the piss. Because she said he wasn't allowed to. 'Oh, where's the girlfriend?' 'oh, she's back home' 'oh alright, what's she up to?' 'oh she's gone out clubbing with her mates' '...:happycry:'

Wow. How do blokes let it get to that stage?

Giggles
27-09-2015, 09:36 AM

She needs a few harsh lessons. Though you make a rod for your own back, he's worse.

Dquincy
27-09-2015, 09:46 AM

No they don't. This sort of shit is ingrained in certain people, but not all.

Dquincy
27-09-2015, 09:48 AM
I'm really trying to avoid it getting to that point and I'm still hopeful that it won't.

Things came to a head three weeks ago and we had a properly frank conversation. Both in floods of tears sort of conversation. I wasn't intending to end it then but I was clear that that was what was going to happen unless we both changed things. It fucking destroyed her. She didn't see it coming and it's the worst thing I've ever done to a person.

I've definitely become more selfish recently and she has since acknowledged that we'd allowed ourselves to just become two people who happen to live together. Which is a shame as we love one another very much. Things have been really good since we had that conversation. This outburst is just her being her and it winds me right up.

Communication and intimacy is key my friend, in my opinion. If you lose that then you're on a path to splitsville.

Giggles
27-09-2015, 09:49 AM
No they don't. This sort of shit is ingrained in certain people, but not all.

In fairness I can't see it happening. We are both easy going when it comes to doing things with mates, she's usually the one trying to stop me fucking off nights out with mine at the last minute.

Waffdon
27-09-2015, 09:54 AM
I'm struggling today. Need food but one can't make anything

Giggles
27-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Nothing open on JustEat?

Lee
27-09-2015, 10:10 AM
She has never attempted to stop me going out. That would just about end it, I reckon.

Dunno what I'm doing with the rest of today. I don't fancy any of the rugby games and none of the football looks great. Weather's nice so might go for a walk.

Giggles
27-09-2015, 10:14 AM
I've very little on. Have to take a run shortly and pay a band a deposit and then do a bit of work later on.

Sunday already :(

Lee
27-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Awful, isn't it?

My motivation is completely shot, for everything. I just look at the working week as something to sit through until it's Friday afternoon again. And even then I don't actually want to do anything. I might be dying.

Giggles
27-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Awful, isn't it?

My motivation is completely shot, for everything. I just look at the working week as something to sit through until it's Friday afternoon again. And even then I don't actually want to do anything. I might be dying.

Absolute snap, 100%.

Waffdon
27-09-2015, 11:32 AM
I used to hate Sundays. Best day of the week.

Justeat just has kebabs, curries and shit. I wish subway delivered.

Andy
27-09-2015, 12:36 PM
I used to hate Sundays. Best day of the week.

Justeat just has kebabs, curries and shit. I wish subway delivered.

Sunday's are awesome, I really don't understand people that pretty much treat Sunday like the first day of ten working week.

I either chill out all day, play some sport and then have a massive roast or spend all day on the beer, watch the football and fall asleep.

Disco
27-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Shopping done, just about to get a roast on the go. Might start getting caught up with some MotoGP while I'm at it.

Giggles
27-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Sunday's are awesome, I really don't understand people that pretty much treat Sunday like the first day of ten working week.

I either chill out all day, play some sport and then have a massive roast or spend all day on the beer, watch the football and fall asleep.

Because 5 days work is looming so I can't enjoy it at all. I miss shift :(

Dquincy
27-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Because 5 days work is looming so I can't enjoy it at all. I miss shift :(

What do you do for a career/work?

Giggles
27-09-2015, 12:54 PM
What do you do for a career/work?

I've recently changed to a 'normal' Monday to Friday week after doing 3 or 4 twelve hour shifts a week for over ten years. It really isn't agreeing with me. Too many days on, too few days off.

Dquincy
27-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Give it time, new routines always take time to get accustom to.

5 day weeks are better in my opinion. You can plan things better around it. Plus you're not working when it feels like everyone else is off.

Giggles
27-09-2015, 01:12 PM
Give it time, new routines always take time to get accustom to.

5 day weeks are better in my opinion. You can plan things better around it. Plus you're not working when it feels like everyone else is off.

It's nice being off the weekends with the Mrs and stuff but we are swamped at the moment so a lot of days are becoming too long and there's still parts of the job I don't like that will take getting used to, but I suppose it is early days.
I'd still rather be working today and finished Tuesday or Wednesday though, as I said to day is lost in the looming depression anyway so I might as well be working. Plus I'm not from around here so there's nobody working/not working that I know anyway.

Magic
27-09-2015, 01:52 PM
Awful, isn't it?

:D

Mate.

Davgooner
27-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Just had a barrel-load of mince and carrots.

Lewis
27-09-2015, 04:46 PM
I went to my friend's mother's surprise sixtieth, since I'm always round supping their coke and eating their biscuits (plus my mother is pretty much her only friend). We went for afternoon tea (lol) at some manor house, so I loaded up on the over-priced farm shop sausage rolls. :cool:

Dquincy
27-09-2015, 06:35 PM
Nothing 'lol' about afternoon tea Lewis. Scones are delicious.

Went on a bike ride today, did 17 miles which isn't bad as i haven't been in the bike for over a year.

Mike
02-10-2015, 06:49 PM
My manager in after school club asked me to help her after work picking up a hedgehog (a pet one) from someone else we work with, after work.

I agreed, and after work off we went. Went to a super fancy house, played a few games of pool and ended up drinking a few beers with the women I work withs husband. Just got home, cracked another beer and ordered myself an Indian. How good is Just Eat!

The rest of my weekend is going to be very very lazy. Can't wait!

Raoul Duke
02-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Went to a music industry talk this evening, going to a mate's 30th lunch tomorrow then FIFA/watching football on Sunday. Nice.

Giggles
02-10-2015, 09:02 PM
30th lunch? Did you hit 3 instead of 6?

Raoul Duke
02-10-2015, 09:42 PM
He's married, owns a house and has a tiny, shit dog. It's game over for him.

Giggles
02-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Indeed. He's done for.

Disco
02-10-2015, 09:52 PM
I'm going to my uncle's wedding tomorrow and will miss the rugby.

Pepe
02-10-2015, 09:54 PM
My advisor just invited us all to lunch at his place on Sunday. :face:

Lewis
02-10-2015, 09:57 PM
How many people does he 'advise'?

Reg
02-10-2015, 10:02 PM
I'm at the football tomorrow. We've ended up getting three quarter season tickets, but had booked this game a while back. Pretty excited, although I have a nagging feeling the first match we make this season will be when our unbeaten run ends.

Sunday I might play some tennis. Or just stay in and watch the feast of good football on telly.

Waffdon
02-10-2015, 10:54 PM
Early train to Glasgow (on my own, my pal has cancelled on me - bit of a saddo, like) to meet up with Glasgow folk before the football. Free car ride home after the football before trolling about in Magic's town.

Andy
03-10-2015, 05:35 AM
15 of us heading to London for Chelsea away / a friends 30th. Staying in Clapham over night then Super Sunday in London before we head back. Monday is going to suck.

elth
03-10-2015, 06:55 AM
Drinking beer and getting shitted off at the Eagles thoroughly failing to show up in the AFL Grand Final.

Apparently.

Lee
03-10-2015, 07:21 AM
I'm going to watch Hinckley play today then watch England vs Australia in the evening. I have nothing planned this morning but might pop up to see mum and dad. Tomorrow is get my phone screen fixed day before settling in for a day of football on the telly.

Magic
03-10-2015, 07:30 AM
Out for a free meal yesterday my sister won a radio voucher. It was any meal so we all picked the most expensive things on the menu. :cool:

Wedding tonight. Can't be arsed.

Lee
03-10-2015, 07:35 AM
Looks like I've escaped going out with her family tonight which is good. We went for a meal with the outlaws on Thursday night and it was predictably shit.

Queenslander
03-10-2015, 07:39 AM
Watching the Wobblies finally beat England in the World Cup and watch Wayne Bennett win his 8th Grand Final.

Spammer
03-10-2015, 10:49 AM
Date cancelled on me last night so I went out with a bunch of new-starters and got hammered. Lass who invited me is dead nice and I think I might be in love :drool:. Gonna text her later to see if she fancies going for a drink sometime. I think she's keen so hoping on that. She's lovely ^_^

Off to one of them weird clubs again later, althoug this time I'm taking a couple of mates. You'd be surprised how many people are interested in going if you open the door for them.

Magic
03-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Just went to pick the in laws up and they'd decided to take the car. Without telling me. And they were moaning about having to wait outside the house.

:mad:

These plans were made earlier in the week, why didn't they just phone for fuck's sake.

Dark Soldier
03-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Its currently freeleech on What.cd so if anyone wants any music, just PM.

Spammer
04-10-2015, 12:42 AM
Texted lass mentioned above this afternoon asking if she fancied going for a drink sometime, no answer yet. Aww. Not much I can do now but I hope she's up for that shit.

Spoonsky
04-10-2015, 01:33 AM
I've had a hell of a week, topped off with taking the SAT this morning, so this afternoon me and some friends drove up to a ski resort for "Oktoberfest".

http://i.imgur.com/VRTw2oq.jpg

It was brilliant actually, the drive itself is stunning but then there was this big beer hall and a stage where bands performed German folk music and people danced to it at the front. I was surprised by how authentic it seemed. Even the beer wasn't too bad and there was delicious chocolate cake too. Got soaked in the rain on the way back though.

Magic
11-10-2015, 12:39 PM
At a bouncy castle party in a community hall for nursery kids. AJ was invited. Not bad at all, really. No fighting etc. This is what you get from decent postcode nurseries.

Milf report: negative.

The Merse
11-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Yesterday - went to Cheltenham for the tattoo, visited the literature festival, lamented that I didn't plan to this year so had no tickets (Ian McEwan was a real highlight two years ago), went to the pub watched Scotland v Samoa first half with a soft drink, felt odd. Got tattooed whilst watching second half on my phone. Then watched Wales v Australia. Came home, went out, turns out wrapping your arm in cling film draws girls in constantly - I really was not in the mood for any kind of female liaison last night so grunted back at them but realise afterward that upwards of ten women initiated conversation with me just on bar visits over two or three hours. Must do this more often.

Got to sleep at 6am. On call from 9am, had to wake to confirm handover, instantly returned to sleep until early afternoon.

Currently still naked in bed. Must get up.

Fancy a bagel or a burger. Something that says 'Hey, it's Sunday - pig out mid-day man, nobody cares on a Sunday'.

Something gnarly with pastrami and mustard and gurkin. Yes.

Sam
11-10-2015, 01:25 PM
Where bout in Cheltenham did you have the tattoo done Merse?

Sam
11-10-2015, 01:27 PM
My weekend has been digging up the back garden of the gfs house, having level it all out, get some decent top soil on and relay. Knackered.

Gf staying at hers tonight so playing game all night

phonics
11-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Only time I've been to Cheltenham was working at the Gold Cup. Probably the second poshest do I've ever been to. My mate served The Queen tea. I got stuck with some Saudi's :(

Cheltenham might be the most middle class place I've ever been. There or York. I'm not sure which one outdoes the other.

Lewis
11-10-2015, 01:37 PM
York's middle classness is surely diluted by the legions of crap foreign students you have bumbling around in groups of sixty with their cagoules altering the climate.

Disco
31-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Gloucester services might be the most middle class motorway service station in the country. It looks like a Neolithic burial mound and is basically a giant farmers market.

Baz
31-10-2015, 03:33 PM
I stole a glass from a pub last night. :chortle:

Giggles
31-10-2015, 03:36 PM
I've escaped the house to the folks place for Hallowe'en so I don't have little toads knocking the door looking for sweets later.

Spammer
31-10-2015, 07:17 PM
I'm chilling out tonight. Went to a Halloween party last night in York and got 'the usual' from the place I went to each week as a student :drool:. They haven't even changed the menus in 5 years. Early one tonight anyway, feeling battered. Housemate woke me up at 4am to be let in too. Both had gone out in what seemed to me to be their underwear but with some facepaint on.

Lee
31-10-2015, 07:45 PM
I've had a lovely day today. Started with a visit to mum and dad's and has continued with mostly sitting about watching football. I've been on a couple of walks too, and will go again between Inter-Roma and Match of the Day. I've managed to lose 5lbs this week just by cutting out snacks (eating breakfast has made me much less hungry through the day), walking more and cooking every evening meal from scratch with fresh ingredients.

Tomorrow has less promise. I'm on call and things aren't great but rather than wait to be called in I'll go in durng the morning, clear some admin stuff, and hope to have some influence early on so the place works as well as possible for the day. Hopefully it won't be so bad and I'll get the aftrnoon to relax.

Giggles
31-10-2015, 07:53 PM
I've tried to eat breakfast all week as I'm on tablets that require food to be taken, but I just feel ill when I eat before being up at least 3 hours. Would be so much better if I could though.

Lee
31-10-2015, 07:59 PM
I've only eaten lightly, mostly fruit. I don't like to eat early either but it has definitely helped me.

Giggles
31-10-2015, 08:13 PM
My brain can't comprehend fruit as food at all, I find it vile, but hopefully this will be the last week of the tablets.
Though I'm feeling that shit lately that I really need to start eating some food with nutrition in it at some stage. I drink zero water and if I were to add up foods I eat that have water content then I get fuck all.

Lewis
31-10-2015, 10:48 PM
I told some 'trick or treaters' that they were too old and that wearing a mask with their hood up wasn't a costume. Twats.

Reg
31-10-2015, 11:08 PM
Sounds like that episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I played hours of tennis and then felt knackered, watched Roma and played FM.

Tomorrow I might play squash, if not a long dog walk and then watch a (hopefully) great Nadal-Federer final.

Spoonsky
31-10-2015, 11:35 PM
I'm about to go and make vodka gummy bears with my friend, then apply to college while they're soaking. Weirdest Halloween ever.

mugbull
01-11-2015, 12:28 AM
Isn't it SCARY how time flies

Manc
01-11-2015, 12:35 AM
Went out with the mrs. Two hours later were in full set pyjamas. Christ.

John
01-11-2015, 10:39 AM
Spent yesterday at a comic book shop and it was tremendous fun. A mate found a load of old boxed action figures he wanted rid of and they were doing a 'bring and buy' thing so I went along with him, and it turned out they were also doing a 'cosplay competition', which was fucking mental.

Raoul Duke
01-11-2015, 10:48 AM
Went to view a (shit) flat, got a haircut and went out for dinner.

Today: playing FIFA/The Witcher

Spoonsky
28-11-2015, 06:37 PM
I got completely wasted last night, literally pissed myself, slept over at a friend's and woke with a horrific hangover, vomited in his toilet periodically, went to the house of some family friends to use their sauna (a good detox) and threw up in their bathroom as well, and then, as if in a hallucination, saw Jamie Vardy score against Manchester United.

Fucking hell, never again.

Luca
28-11-2015, 06:40 PM
I got completely wasted last night, literally pissed myself, slept over at a friend's and woke with a horrific hangover, vomited in his toilet periodically, went to the house of some family friends to use their sauna (a good detox) and threw up in their bathroom as well, and then, as if in a hallucination, saw Jamie Vardy score against Manchester United.

Oh no. :D

phonics
28-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Spoonsky to become the new Sama?

Manc
28-11-2015, 07:39 PM
I couldn't imagine anything worse than being in a sauna hungover.

Magic
28-11-2015, 07:40 PM
I'm about to go and make vodka gummy bears with my friend, then apply to college while they're soaking. Weirdest Halloween ever.

Well...that escalated quickly.

Shindig
28-11-2015, 08:04 PM
Ah, that beautiful phase where you don't know how to drink. You either learn quickly or become a complete disaster.

Spoonsky
28-11-2015, 08:16 PM
Well...that escalated quickly.

:D

I have been basically fine until last night. Not quite sure why I went to crazy, maybe because I just turned eighteen. Even the thought of alcohol makes me sick at the moment. My parents think it's pretty funny.

mugbull
28-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Happened to me senior year too. Pissed myself at a friends house after chugging vodka and eating an edible, then i broke my gums on a metal paper napkin dispenser as I was bobbing my head back and forth while sitting at a table, and finished it off by vomming in a toilet. It'll all get better, trust.

Pepe
29-11-2015, 12:57 AM
Isn't sweating your arse off in a sauna a bad idea when hungover? I mean, you're already dehydrated as fuck as it is.

Magic
29-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Is there anything more nauseating that attending your in-laws anniversary 'party' on a fucking Sunday where nobody will be drinking. I also hate how their relationship is everything I hate but they are so happy and in love so it'll be plastered with disgusting photos of 'love' just to remind me how fucking shit my marriage is. I've also made the mistake of listening to The Streets. Just give me a gram and a few Es to liven it up. Dreadful stuff.

Magic
29-11-2015, 04:14 PM
So apparently edit on chrome android means delete post. Fucking shit forum.

I'm a spastic.

SvN
29-11-2015, 04:21 PM
I have a strong feeling that's a user error.

Giggles
29-11-2015, 04:23 PM
That problem hasn't happened for ages. Magic really is inept at phones.

Magic
29-11-2015, 04:24 PM
I've just hit edit there was lag so I nearly pressed it again and the page loaded on the 'delete post' button. Shit Moto E.

Magic
29-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Also Waff is a fucking menace on FB. Just wait until he discovers drugs.

Giggles
29-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Wait til he discovers something stronger than a west coast cooler.

Magic
29-11-2015, 04:32 PM
:baz:

I had to Google that, but I don't think that's a bad thing considering what it is.

Baz
29-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Waff's life seems pretty sweet at the moment. Good on him.

I went frickin' bowling yesterday. Went once or twice as a child, but don't remember it, and went on my mates stag do a few months back and now I honestly hope I never go again. It's not even the fact that I'm rubbish (I am, I guess, but who cares?) it's just tediously dull and boring.

Thankfully the bowling place sold Cobra on draught, which was the only positive. Oh and it was chock-full of chernos. :drool:

Magic
29-11-2015, 04:40 PM
I'm enjoying it. It's like rediscovering my youth. Well, not really. But he's a lovely bloke.

Lewis
29-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Meet! Meet! Meet! Meet!

Dquincy
29-11-2015, 05:22 PM
Oh and it was chock-full of chernos. :drool:

Come again?

Baz
29-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Lots of young attractive females, whose dad's would probably batter you, go to bowling.

Magic
29-11-2015, 05:28 PM
Meet! Meet! Meet! Meet!

I offered to pick him up once when he was really drunk. I think he thought I was going to rape and murder him.

Magic
29-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Also if the night couldn't get any worse I text my mum to see if we could share a taxi (i.e they pay) and she's now not going. She's said we can just share a taxi with my cunt step-father.

Can't wait!

Dquincy
29-11-2015, 05:29 PM
I offered to pick him up once when he was really drunk. I think he thought I was going to rape and murder him.

...Which you haven't denied? :sherlock:

Lewis
29-11-2015, 05:30 PM
I gave some kids some sweets when I last went bowling, but their dad just laughed because he knew I would have had him.

'If I wanna nonce 'em, mate, I will.'

Magic
29-11-2015, 05:32 PM
I gave some kids some sweets when I last went bowling, but their dad just laughed because he knew I would have had him.

'If I wanna nonce 'em, mate, I will.'

Wrong 'un. Can you explain? I can't see how this could possibly be acceptable.

Lewis
29-11-2015, 05:37 PM
I got some sweets out of one of the stupid machines they have, but they were crap, so I offered them to the kids on the next lane. Big Society mate.

Magic
29-11-2015, 05:39 PM
That is sinister as fuck. :D

GS levels of weird.

Lewis
29-11-2015, 06:09 PM
Kids like sweets.

Spoonsky
29-11-2015, 06:18 PM
A Magic-Waff meet would be one for the ages.

igor_balis
29-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Kids like sweets.
Were they love hearts you sick cunt?

Lee
29-11-2015, 06:19 PM
How can giving sweets to kids be unnacceptable? Some special level of paranoia being hit here. If I'm at a shit seaside town and win loads of those tickets in an arcade I always give them to a kid. What the fuck would I want with them? Do parents think everybody is a paedo until proven otherwise?

Benny
29-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Depends if you look like a peado, I'd have thought.

Magic
29-11-2015, 06:21 PM
My Dad has just text to see if I want a lift. FML. :cry:

Magic
29-11-2015, 06:22 PM
How can giving sweets to kids be unnacceptable? Some special level of paranoia being hit here. If I'm at a shit seaside town and win loads of those tickets in an arcade I always give them to a kid. What the fuck would I want with them? Do parents think everybody is a paedo until proven otherwise?

:siren:

Lee
29-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Did I mention my mates call me 'Jimmy'?

Magic
29-11-2015, 06:25 PM
Are your mates of age?

igor_balis
29-11-2015, 06:26 PM
I do enjoy Magic's weird moral compass. Arbitrarily decrying fairly innocuous stuff as he's wanking off to faces of death videos on liveleak. As his tired wife tries to entertain the kid in the other room.

Magic
29-11-2015, 06:28 PM
My country would be fun to live in.

No, you can't fuck children but you can fuck yourself with an abortion as technically it isn't alive yet-ish.

igor_balis
29-11-2015, 06:36 PM
Aha. Talking about your country reminds me of a shit online game called nation states. Your country is determined by answering policy questions every day, i.e. a woman is caught stealing some bread, do you a) send her to prison b) execute her c)send her to a rehabilitation center ETC ETC. It was pretty good fun actually, and you can set your countries up in little regions. Would be a good idea for a tth group activity if it sounded less lame and it was 2007.

Spammer
29-11-2015, 07:26 PM
I pissed myself at a mates' house once. I wasn't drunk though. We were 12 and we had a competition to see who could drink the most orange squash. I won, but I woke up in the middle of the night having already pissed about a litre all over his bottom bunkbed. Luckily it was so diluted that it was basically water, so as soon as he woke up I 'accidentally' spilled the rest of my undrunk squash onto the bed so that he'd assume all the wetness was due to that.

Giggles
29-11-2015, 07:49 PM
I remember after a gig one night we went back to the singers gaff and had an awful go at the Buckfast and dope. After going to sleep on the sofa I woke up on his bedroom floor with my kacks round my ankles and had pulled out a drawer of his t-shirts and pissed in it. I still have no recollection but his Da reminds me of it every time I see him to this day.

Another time me and a mate came home after the pub and the next morning I woke up on the kitchen floor and he was asleep bent over the back of the sofa from a standing position. We were living with his Mrs at the time and one of us had pissed on the TV, which promptly blew up, and her DVD player. We dabbed the ceiling with a wet teabag on a stick, and walked down the town to buy her a new one. Told her the ceiling leaked and we rang the landlord and he replaced it. I still maintain I didn't do it but he says he can't remember doing it either.

Benny
29-11-2015, 07:51 PM
Pissing yourself at your mates must be the lowest point... I'd never live it down if it happened to me in my circle of mates.

Waffdon
29-11-2015, 07:52 PM
A Magic-Waff meet would be one for the ages.

Its surely going to happen by complete accident. I'm out on the piss in his hometown most weekends, literally five minutes walk from his house.

But yeah, my life is pretty good. Pretty drunk Friday, absolutely out of it last night and half cut right now. /i'm back home now, thougH may head back out - BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY, BOIIIIIII.

My Facebook is an absolute state :D. I'm not really sure how many folk on here I have.

Lee
29-11-2015, 07:53 PM
I've never managed to piss myself. But once a few of us went out and ended up absolutely hammered. One of the lads stopped with another of the group and the lad whose house it was got a massive bollocking in the morning when it transpired that his guest had woken his parents up by walking into their bedroom and pissing in the corner, obviously mistaking it for the toilet.

igor_balis
29-11-2015, 07:53 PM
My mate's dog pissed on me when I stayed over once.

Lewis
29-11-2015, 07:54 PM
That teabag cover is a bit clever.

Giggles
29-11-2015, 07:56 PM

Considering how absolutely dying we were it still ranks up there. Destroyed the ceiling but she either bought it or never said.

Lee
29-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Its surely going to happen by complete accident. I'm out on the piss in his hometown most weekends, literally five minutes walk from his house.

But yeah, my life is pretty good. Pretty drunk Friday, absolutely out of it last night and half cut right now. /i'm back home now, thougH may head back out - BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY, BOIIIIIII.

My Facebook is an absolute state :D. I'm not really sure how many folk on here I have.

What are you lot having a bank holiday for?

I remember enjoying getting pissed. A few of us managed an 18 day streak back in the summer of 2006. It was glorious. The only one I'm in touch with still is Lauren.

These days I can't imagine anything worse. Once a month I go out, generally, and even then I have to drag myself out. I think the last proper night out was in September. Might do something next week. Getting old is a fucker.

Giggles
29-11-2015, 07:57 PM
What are you lot having a bank holiday for?

It's St. Andrews Day.

Spammer
29-11-2015, 07:58 PM

I thought that. Was very impressed.

Benny
I've had two of those Duvel bottles and I've got a headache and wobbly vision... Age hits you pretty hard.

Waffdon
St Andrews Day. I'm assuming its a bank holiday, anyway. Council gives you fuck all public holidays.

Dquincy
29-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Does anyone ever wake up during the night needing a pee, but can't be arsed to get out of bed, so you just hold it?

I have done this on several occasions and, whilst i haven't pissed myself, i do worry that this tactic is on the risky side.

Lewis
29-11-2015, 08:08 PM
My friend once had a party for his shit other mates, and his old man ended up laying somebody out for being sick all over the kitchen. :cool:

Spoonsky
29-11-2015, 09:49 PM
I didn't pee in a house, thankfully, it was in an empty lot above my house. Was peeing into the bushes and somehow stumbled into them, fucking horrible feeling realizing that I couldn't stop peeing and it was going down my leg. Definitely a low point in my life.

igor_balis
29-11-2015, 11:17 PM
I had a poo at Paul's once.

Lewis
30-11-2015, 12:03 AM
My brother's bird was away this weekend (I forgot to ask where), but she brought me a great big bar of Milka Oreo, so I take back one of the times I said she was a dickhead.

John
30-11-2015, 12:06 AM
Milka. :drool:

The Merse
30-11-2015, 12:15 AM
Does anyone ever wake up during the night needing a pee, but can't be arsed to get out of bed, so you just hold it?

I have done this on several occasions and, whilst i haven't pissed myself, i do worry that this tactic is on the risky side.

I'm starting to worry about this same thing, and use of the same tactic.

Isn't it meant to be when your prostate is going a bit in your 50's that it comes on?

simon
30-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Waff's life seems pretty sweet at the moment. Good on him.

Weird you think that as I'm pretty convinced he's having some kind of existential meltdown. Then again I reckon I was very similar at 18/19, so hopefully he'll be fine.

Waffdon
30-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Meltdown? :D

I'm just enjoying it and spending lots of monies before I have to worry about bills and shit. Does make me less active on here though.

Samadini
30-11-2015, 02:33 PM
You're doing it right.

When I was younger I would always ask my mum to let me on the shitty tiny carousel in town whenever we walked past it, she always said no and that when I'm older I can go on it as much as I want. In the end it sank in and I fucking said "Fine I will!".

Now every time I walk past one I feel like I got completely mugged off.

simon
30-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Meltdown? :D

I'm just enjoying it and spending lots of monies before I have to worry about bills and shit. Does make me less active on here though.

It's more the fact that you're seemingly often drinking on your own whilst simultaneously posting about it on Facebook. It looks like a meltdown even if it probably isn't.

Fair enough, though.

Waffdon
30-11-2015, 02:40 PM
I don't drink in the house, so it's not like I'm a proper pisshead. Friday-Sunday I'm normally out. On the apprenticeship wage I could go out probably three weekend a month depending on football. Now I've got every Friday and most Saturday planned out up until Boxing Day and then Edinburgh on the other 30th.

Then it's payday again \0/

simon
30-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Just make sure you can make it to the Euro 2016 TTH Meet, chap.

Waffdon
30-11-2015, 02:43 PM
It's more the fact that you're seemingly often drinking on your own whilst simultaneously posting about it on Facebook. It looks like a meltdown even if it probably isn't.

Fair enough, though.

I can think of one time I've went out to a pub on my own and got absolutely shafted - the night Mj wanted to pick me up.

I'll go out and have a drink on my own in a pub I'm familiar with before meeting up with folk. That's about it.

Waffdon
30-11-2015, 02:44 PM

Fuck going to football without a team.

simon
30-11-2015, 02:45 PM
You can support England for the day. :)

Waffdon
30-11-2015, 02:48 PM
There are Dundee-Amsterdam flights from next year. I'm sorted for my holidays.

Magic
30-11-2015, 02:56 PM
You'll need a few more payrises to afford that, matey.

Danny
30-11-2015, 03:30 PM
I can think of one time I've went out to a pub on my own and got absolutely shafted - the night Mj wanted to pick me up.

I'll go out and have a drink on my own in a pub I'm familiar with before meeting up with folk. That's about it.

:uhoh:

igor_balis
30-11-2015, 03:46 PM

That's actually quite admirable I reckon. Most people I know would have been far too neurotic and awkward to do that at your age. Or even now really.

Sam
30-11-2015, 03:51 PM

I like going the pub by myself, generally do it on a Saturday when I'm stuck in Cheltenham as all I know down here are work colleagues (which are all females), gym friends (all polish) and the girlfriend's mates. Not one of them have an interest in football, drinking and the like.

Even went on a pub tour by myself one Saturday. Was ace.

Waffdon
30-11-2015, 03:55 PM
I don't really stay in the corner on my own. I'll just start speaking to whoever.

Lewis
30-11-2015, 04:19 PM
It's not a MELTDOWN, but it sounds like you're a bit of a prat.

Waffdon
30-11-2015, 04:39 PM
That's fair enough. I'm lovely, though.

Pepe
30-11-2015, 04:41 PM
You are. :wub:

Sam
30-11-2015, 04:45 PM
I don't really stay in the corner on my own. I'll just start speaking to whoever.

Usually football ends up the topic of conversation. Found out that my local is owned by a Wolves fan, quite a few head in there who follow us so I usually end up talking to them and having a beer or two with them before going around a bit to kill time before the girlfriend finishes work.

Magic
30-11-2015, 04:51 PM
I like going the pub by myself, generally do it on a Saturday when I'm stuck in Cheltenham as all I know down here are work colleagues (which are all females), gym friends (all polish) and the girlfriend's mates. Not one of them have an interest in football, drinking and the like.

Even went on a pub tour by myself one Saturday. Was ace.

That's weird.

Boydy
30-11-2015, 05:04 PM
It's not.

Magic
30-11-2015, 05:10 PM
A lonely pub crawl? Yes it is.

Waffdon
30-11-2015, 05:11 PM
I wouldn't fancy going on a Pub Tour by myself. Very good with a group in a foreign town, though.

igor_balis
30-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Pub crawls are great, even in boring places. They massively improved nights in Rugby, as they create a false sense of you doing more than just getting pissed - it becomes an adventure of sorts. Though Rugby is good for pubs considering its size and general shitness.

Magic
30-11-2015, 05:20 PM
Yes they are but not on your own?

Boydy
30-11-2015, 05:24 PM

I was assuming you just meant going to the pub on your own. Even still, I don't think it's that weird. It's just going to a few different pubs.

Foe
30-11-2015, 05:25 PM
We can't be having a Tth euros meet.

The herd is too thin to take the risk of being taken out by some bellend in a suicide vest at a fan park. If we're doing that we at least need to apologise to taz to make sure he's not still seething.

Magic
30-11-2015, 05:32 PM
I was assuming you just meant going to the pub on your own. Even still, I don't think it's that weird. It's just going to a few different pubs.

Nah if you find the right pub to read a book or watch the footy. A crawl though?

Sam
30-11-2015, 05:36 PM

In a town where I barely know anyone? Was either that or sit at home and watch the football. Just switched venue after each half of football and went home when the girlfriend got back in. Rather be social (of sorts) then hide away in my apartment.

Baz
30-11-2015, 05:56 PM
When you do these one man pub crawls and have conversations with strangers, do you approach other loners or do you try and geg in on groups?

Waffdon
30-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Sit at the bar or standing watching the football and the conversations flow.

mugbull
30-11-2015, 06:19 PM
As long as you dont project awkwardness youre only gonna look super confident and its not weird

Boydy
30-11-2015, 06:50 PM
I read something recently that described pubs as 'community living rooms'. Think of it like that and it's not weird at all. What's wrong with sitting in a pub having a drink even if you're not talking to anyone?

Spammer
30-11-2015, 06:59 PM

We need to cement some dates in as soon as the fixtures are released.

Benny
30-11-2015, 07:23 PM
Yeah otherwise people might bail.

:stamford:

Magic
30-11-2015, 07:57 PM
I read something recently that described pubs as 'community living rooms'.

Lonelyhearts.com?

Boydy
30-11-2015, 08:17 PM
No, I think it was howtospendasmuchtimeawayfrommywifeaspossible.com

Toby
01-12-2015, 08:19 AM
I've worked in a few pubs now and the majority of people you see come in on their own.

Andy
01-12-2015, 09:10 AM
Going for a quiet pint or two is one of life's little treasures. The sort of thing that gets better as you get older.

Sam
01-12-2015, 09:25 AM
Going for a quiet pint or two is one of life's little treasures. The sort of thing that gets better as you get older.

Probably this to be honest.

Plus if Wolves are on TV, I haven't got sky so it's a trip down the pub. It's how I've found out that there are quite a few people from back home living and working down here, so much that there is a group of us that regularly go to the local if we are on TV (and I'm not in London/back home).

Magic
01-12-2015, 09:42 AM
I've worked in a few pubs now and the majority of people you see come in on their own.

Yeah, presumably to meet up with other people. Unless you worked in isolated pubs or something seeing someone on their own sinking pints is a rarity. Unless they're a piss stained alchy.

igor_balis
01-12-2015, 10:48 AM
Aye, in the pubs of Rugby you rarely see people drinking on their own - people are either with a group of mates they've explicitly met up with, or they're regulars hanging out with other regulars. Even the Wetherspoons alcoholics group together, my favourite of which is a really tall Peter Ebdon looking bloke who is always on his laptop. Once got really drunk and asked what he was doing, and he said he was 'designing websites'. He showed me one and it was the most 1995 geocities looking piece of shit I've ever seen, p sure it had a midi track playing.

Toby
01-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Yeah, presumably to meet up with other people. Unless you worked in isolated pubs or something seeing someone on their own sinking pints is a rarity. Unless they're a piss stained alchy.

Not to meet anybody in particular though. Those talking about going to pubs on their own have already made clear they don't just sit in the corner drinking on their own.

Dquincy
01-12-2015, 08:05 PM
I'm starting to worry about this same thing, and use of the same tactic.

Isn't it meant to be when your prostate is going a bit in your 50's that it comes on?

Are you sure you don't just have a cup of tea before bed, which makes you needing the toilet.

The Merse
01-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Are you sure you don't just have a cup of tea before bed, which makes you needing the toilet.

Nope. Normally have a pee before bed, and don't have hot drinks in the house. Drink a fair whack of coffee at work all day, mind.