PDA

View Full Version : Richard Madeley

The Merse
27-09-2015, 10:46 PM
This man needs to return to our screens. Real life Partridge is so much better than the fiction -

40.Talking to Ricky Gervais about Chris Rock

“We had him on last week. Complete Prat”

39.When interviewing Keira Knightly

“Can we get some make up please, get Keira looking like a crack whore, she’d make a good crack whore”

38.After a man breaks down crying after meeting the paramedics who saved his life in a motorbike accident

“Stop crying! This is supposed to make you happy! Anyway after the break, the biggest dog in the UK. And he really is big. Don’t miss it”

37.“There’s not many better things than seeing an older woman skipping”

36.To Opera singer Russell Watson and Faye Tozer from Steps

“I always thought both of your music was a bit crap but this is quite good”

35.After being told by Kamikaze survivors that they didn’t want to watch clips of the VE celebrations because they had lost several crew members the day before VE.

“Well we’ve got a clip so we’ll run it anyway”

34..In reply to John Fashanu saying his nightmares were so bad, he often woke up with his bed saturated

”With sweat?”

33.After giving out the phone-in competition number

“A numerically satisfying number there.”

32.After Stephen Hawkings replied ’no’ to his question of whether he believed in a God or not

“ (Distraught) I was hoping for a yes there”

31.To a caller

“I understand you have a little lad of 12. Is it a boy or a girl?”

30.After Ricky Gervais points out the cameraman is doing the ‘wanker sign’ behind Madeleys back

“He’s been doing it most of the week (sighs). He doesn’t realize that I can see him doing it in the reflection from the other camera’s Auto-cue…I don’t know why he’s still working here, really.”

29.”Women lie about sex. It doesn’t matter how many partners she’s said she’s had before you. She’s lying”

28..Talking to a child who has spinal injuries meaning he had to wear a huge neck and head brace

“Hey you look just like Buzz Lightyear”

27.“The one characteristic I don’t think I have any shreds of is suicidal tendencies”

26.To Jade Goody

“You’re quite sharp. It’s just in the pure sense of the word that you’re ignorant”

25.“Remember when you had thrush Judy? You had a terrible time of it”

24.To someone with an eating disorder

“When you were younger did you have a brother or sister who used to steal food off you, you know like dogs do and that’s why you wolf it down?”

23.To Eddie Grant

“I hope when I’m reincarnated I come back black because you age better”

22.When interviewing Primordial Dwarves

“Do you find that people patronize you? That means that they talk down to you”

21.When Interviewing Frank Sinatra’s daughter

“It’s obvious you loved your father, but do you think you were actually in love with him?”

20.When Interviewing Eddie Jordan

”you’re looking good. You were born in 1948, Judy you were born in 1948…”

19. The first question to man giving his first TV appearance after being wrongly imprisoned for years
“So, did you do it?”

18.To the comedians Punt and Dennis
”You two have been together for 24 years, just like me and Judy! Although me and Judy were only having an affair in the beginning, weren’t we Jude? Is that the same for you two, did you just start off as an affair too?”

17.After Judy misjudged someone’s age

“Ha ha, she failed maths. She did, she did!”

16.When Judy was complaining about her dislike of Squid being prepared

“Your point’s not valid Finnegan”

15..Talking about how he doesn’t like anyone interfering with his cooking

“No I am bad. I’m like Hitler in the kitchen”

14.When interviewing an actor who was currently playing a role as a bi-sexual

“would YOU prefer to have sex with, me or Judy?”

13.After Judy said that she’d like to have become a Dr if she wasn’t a TV presenter

“No, you would have ended up killing everybody”

12.To singer Sophie Ellis Bextor

“Where did you get your face?”

11.“So he suffers for us. He bears our pain in the most public way possible. He serves a timeless human need, one that goes back long before the time of Christ. Perhaps this has always been PAUL GASCOIGNE’S destiny”

(Capital letters my own doing. Felt it needed to be highlighted that he is indeed talking about the footballer here)

THE TOP 10!

10. To a teenager suffering from anorexia

“5 stone! That’s concentration camp thin that is”

9.(To Judy) Do you remember that soup I made last week? Absolutely horrible. Had to throw it in the garden”

8.To one of the Birmingham 6

‘What do you notice most that has changed during your 18 years in jail?

Cars have five gears now, for example.”

7.“I’ve never met a single women who’s happy with the way she looks, except Jordan, although I’ve never met her”

6.To the Actor Mark Williams

”You’ve lost some weight, haven’t you? Why’s that? You’re not ill are you?”

5.To Charlotte Church

”OK, imagine I’m someone from a record company with a ponytail… (Begins shouting)…. I OWN you, Church!”

4.When interviewing someone who had an obsessive crush on a celebrity

“So, Jane, when did you first realise that you were quite clearly mad?”

3.”When me and Judy were trying to conceive. I used to douse my balls in icy water before intercourse”

2. Conversation with Skins star Nicholas Hoult

Richard: “How old are you now? 18?”
Nicholas: “No I’m 17″
Richard: “Really, I thought you were 18″
Nicholas: “Nope”
Richard: “But you’re nearly 18 though, aren’t you?”
Nicholas: “Actually I’ve just turned 17″
Richard: “Well I suppose I’ll have to take your word for it”

1.When talking to Bill Clinton about his affair with Monica Lewinsky

“I know what it’s like to be wronged by the press. I was once accused of shoplifting. Unlike you though, I knew I was innocent”.

TG09
27-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Fantastic stuff. We have a guy here in NZ called Paul Henry, very similar style of presenting.

Yevrah
27-09-2015, 10:53 PM
Have these been added to with quotes that have been made up?

That Keira Knightley one can't be true.

The Merse
27-09-2015, 10:57 PM
All genuine. Multiple sources of the quotes can be found in most cases, as with that one.

Yevrah
27-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Multiple sources they might be, but they all look rubbish.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Can+we+get+some+make+up+please%2C+get+Kei ra+looking+like+a+crack+whore%2C+she%E2%80%99d+mak e+a+good+crack+whore&oq=Can+we+get+some+make+up+please%2C+get+Keira+loo king+like+a+crack+whore%2C+she%E2%80%99d+make+a+go od+crack+whore&aqs=chrome..69i57.3175738j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=Can+we+get+some+make+up+please,+get+Keira+look ing+like+a+crack+whore,+she%E2%80%99d+make+a+good+ crack+whore&start=0

Where/when did he say it?

Giggles
27-09-2015, 11:00 PM
I don't remember any reference to any of those in the past. Always thought he was a complete snore.

Spammer
27-09-2015, 11:02 PM
He was basically always a snore, but when you've racked up as much hours on telly as he has, you're going to have a few gold quotes under your belt. My mum watched Richard and Judy all the time and it was hardly a pmslfest.

Yevrah
27-09-2015, 11:03 PM
I remember an article a while back with some of his quotes in that seemed far more legit than most of those (maybe I'm getting even more cynical with age...), but in any case, there's not a chance in hell he referred to Keira Knightley as a crack whore while she was a guest on one of his shows, as that 'quote' seems to imply.

Giggles
27-09-2015, 11:03 PM
He was basically always a snore, but when you've racked up as much hours on telly as he has, you're going to have a few gold quotes under your belt. My mum watched Richard and Judy all the time and it was hardly a pmslfest.

I watched a shitload of it in college too and never remember him cracking a funny. Only remember him being a big bitch.

The Merse
27-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Multiple sources they might be, but they all look rubbish.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Can+we+get+some+make+up+please%2C+get+Kei ra+looking+like+a+crack+whore%2C+she%E2%80%99d+mak e+a+good+crack+whore&oq=Can+we+get+some+make+up+please%2C+get+Keira+loo king+like+a+crack+whore%2C+she%E2%80%99d+make+a+go od+crack+whore&aqs=chrome..69i57.3175738j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=Can+we+get+some+make+up+please,+get+Keira+look ing+like+a+crack+whore,+she%E2%80%99d+make+a+good+ crack+whore&start=0

Where/when did he say it?

More that it's re-posted and discussed in shitloads of places with plenty of 'I remember that', often enough with extra context attached. I'd be surprised if they're not all real, as 7 or 8 of them I'd heard before myself.

The Merse
27-09-2015, 11:08 PM
I watched a shitload of it in college too and never remember him cracking a funny. Only remember him being a big bitch.

No, he is not intentionall funny, rather he's an idiot with a real lack of a filter. A la Duke of Edinburgh.

Yevrah
27-09-2015, 11:10 PM
More that it's re-posted and discussed in shitloads of places with plenty of 'I remember that', often enough with extra context attached. I'd be surprised if they're not all real, as 7 or 8 of them I'd heard before myself.

Sorry I meant the sources for the Knightley one all look a bit dodgy. The others I'll let go, but I'm just not buying that one.

Boydy
27-09-2015, 11:14 PM
That Knightley quote is probably him saying it in character as someoone who directed one of her films after she's said she looked like a crack whore in it or something along those lines. It looks ridiculous out of context but wouldn't be all that funny when you see the whole thing.

The Merse
27-09-2015, 11:18 PM
Sorry I meant the sources for the Knightley one all look a bit dodgy. The others I'll let go, but I'm just not buying that one.

Yeah, there's nothing really reliable. They missed the boat on On Demand for most of these I thinkso there's little digital evidence.

This thread contains similar gold and reference to a lot of the quotes pre-dating that blog I pilfered the quotes from -

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=541502

The Merse
27-09-2015, 11:24 PM
The Chris Rock quote is in this vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRoyr99YofU

QE Harold Flair
27-09-2015, 11:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn08BlKc45U

Magic
28-09-2015, 06:51 AM
That theme tune and intro. Pure 90s. :drool:

Magic
28-09-2015, 06:53 AM
My god the 'so...did you do it?' Murderer one isn't there.

Disco
28-09-2015, 11:44 AM
My god the 'so...did you do it?' Murderer one isn't there.

It's in the opening post.

Magic
28-09-2015, 11:51 AM
So it is as 19.