PDA

View Full Version : Festive 2017 WDYTOE

Pages : [1] 2

Pleb
04-12-2017, 11:46 AM
The only thing I care for is: are we doing a WDYTOE?
7om
AD
Adamski
AE
Alan Shearer The 2nd
Alex
Amigo
Andrew
Andy
Sir Andy Mahowry
Angelsaint
Baz
Bernanke
Bob Sacamano
Boydy
Browning
bruhnaldo
Byron
Charlie
Chrissy
CJay
Clunge
Cord
Dan
Danny
Dark Soldier
Davgooner
Demerit
dino
Disco
Dquincy
elth
five time
Foe
Giggles
Gray Fox
GS
Hammer
Henry
hfswjyr
Ian
igor_balis
ItalAussie
Jeet
Jimmy Floyd
John
John Arne
Josh
Kikó
Lee
leedsrevolution
Lewis
Luca
Luke Emia
Magic
Manc
Max Power
Mazuuurk
Mellberg
Mert
Mike
mikem
mo
mokbull
niko_cee
Offshore Toon
Panda Bear
Pen
Pepe
phonics
Pleb
P_3
Queenslander
randomlegend
Raoul Duke
Reg
Sam
Samadini
ScousePig
Serj
Shindig
simon
SincereTheRebel
Smiffy
Spikey M
Spoonsky
SvN
TG09
The Bruce
The Merse
Trancemeister
Vim
Waffdon
Weaver
wullie
Yevrah
Commence your yearly seethe/lists.

Lists:

AE - Winning at life, sorry I have the air shot burned into my memory
Alan Shearer The 2nd - nice enough car expert
Andy - seem like a decent bloke to go for a pint with
Sir Andy Mahowry - misunderstood but online too much for your own good
Angelsaint - part genius part psychopath
Baz - forever straddling the line between bantz king and terminally annoying
Boydy - Henry-lite
Dark Soldier - makes my own perversions look vanilla which fills me with admiration and revulsion simultaneously. Rollercoaster Guy POF was class though.
Davgooner - no nonsense
GS - still vividly remember waiting for you to post after Woy lost at Anfield to Blackpool, all other thoughts are filtered through that prism
Henry - angry intellectual
Ian - good bloke with excellent taste in books
ItalAussie - TTH’s Stephen Hawking
Jeet - Taz Prime
Jimmy Floyd - In my mind you’re Ian Hislop if he was forced to read only The Telegraph
John - Stereotypically dour, likely playing it up, alright really
Kikó - Myth
Lewis - hilarious online but I fear in real life you could put a glass eye to sleep
Magic - fellow degenerate with worse life choices
Mert - always giving it the big un which inevitably means over compensating, TTH’s Robbie Savage
Offshore Toon - aloof, laugh along with you one minute, tell you to fuck off and die the next
Panda Bear - hipster man living in a cuddly technological marvel world who’s probably never seen rust
Pepe - Top Geezer
Samadini - good lad but a tad flakey
Shindig - Eskimo face from the nineties
SincereTheRebel - force of nature
Smiffy - if Liverpool FC was a man
Spikey M - big heart small head
wullie - king of the one liner
Yevrah - Emperor of seethe

Stick that up your dojo

To save phonics's embarrassment, here's a half hour list. Deal with it. I lost interest as the alphabet wore on, so soz Yevrah.

Adamski does the Scotsman thing better than John does, although John’s shtick is more misanthrope than man of the Caledonian wastes. I don’t know how they’ve developed this victim complex up there, when in fact they’ve been prosperous for all eternity. Perhaps it’s the decline of the shipyards and Thatcher, which, if so, means they are identical to northern England and there is nothing different about Scotland at all.
Alan Shearer The 2nd, on the other hand, suggests that there might be.
Sir Andy Mahowry is back to being good after a period of being shite. This is all in relative terms, of course, he’s not yet Vonnegut or Dostoevsky.
Baz straddles the divide between fun-loving scamp and unpleasant weirdo with such ease that it’s never easy to tell on which side of the line he is going to fall next. He is probably one of those things pretending very hard to be the other.
Bernanke should post in sentences of more than three words.
Boydy should not.
Browning I encounter only through reading the NFL Fantasy thread, which, remarkably, I do on a semi-religious basis. I massively dislike American football, but I like reading about bizarre subcultures that I don’t understand.
Dan is also in this category, although he’s gone properly native on it. I don’t see the attraction. Too much physicality in the game versus strategy – and yes, you’ll tell me there is lots of strategy but that is true of every sport up to and including tiddlywinks. I enjoy sports that are brain first and brawn second (or third, or fourth) and so baseball is the one for me.
Danny is a good poster but also probably going native.
Dark Soldier is at his calmest and most relaxed ever, it strikes me.
dino will become ill if he bets for many more years, but I've learned quite a lot from him (not really about betting which I've weaned myself off, but ways of looking at the world).
Disco is a great poster and his posts make up for the shameful absence of cord’s.
Giggles I really, really like nowadays, which will probably ruin his day. I like the linguistic magic dust he sprinkles on the board, with his ‘grand’ and his ‘I’ve pizza’ and so on.
Henry does the best book reviews but let me tell you this Henry, and it’s been bugging me for fifteen years now, possessive apostrophes FUCKING EXIST. ‘Henry’s’, not ‘Henrys’.
Ian is class, like the poster I would be if I wasn’t a pretentious cunt.
igor_balis is also class and lives life to the full (ish), which is to be admired.
ItalAussie only posts at about 11pm our time nowadays, or 9am, but in a way that makes him better as he used to get pissed off when drawn into massive debates with Harold ‘The Bishop’ Bishop and his friends and followers.
John’s best moments come when he isn’t being a theatrically narky git, but it’s still pretty funny when he is. I don’t mind his TV analysing, it’s original and more interesting than reading another twat whinge about The Walking Dead being shit. Why do you watch it then?
John Arne often doesn’t understand things the first time around, probably because he’s been trying to hold Hill 875 for the last thirty years, but otherwise is as good as he’s ever been.
Kikó is nice but I’m afraid I can’t think of anything to say about your recent posting other than that it isn’t shit.
Lewis, had he been born in a prosperous, hip and happening, well-connected part of the country rather than whatever fusty backwater he is in, would be poncing it up, probably as a staff writer for the Independent, or at a think tank, and campaigning hard to #stopbrexit. He’d also be getting paid. That’s all it is, Betts. Accident of birth.
Magic is a stupid sweaty prick, but all the more entertaining for it.
Max Power, still good as ever.
Mazuuurk posts well and I love winding him up about international breaks.
mikem, yes sir yes sir yes sir.
mokbull is one of those wankers with a superiority complex. Can't be doing with the likes of him.
niko_cee, bravo, etc.
Offshore Toon will probably grow up now, shame, although that post about drugging himself with some drugs at a work do suggests maybe not.
Pepe is a sarcastic Mexican fuck.
phonics I like more than I once did, but it is funny how he gets things wildly wrong. I agree with him about more things than I used to as well, although he used to be a right lefty wet weekend and I used to be drier than peanuts in the Kalahari.
Pleb is fun. He understands literally nothing, but that is no barrier to entry; a thick skin is, and he has one.
Queenslander is a funny read, shame he doesn’t post more although these days that tag applies to literally the entire board except me and Mahow.
randomlegend is a grouchy so-and-so. Loves jumping on me posting wrong things about football. I post wrong things about football, old bean, what are you going to do about it? Also the last person to harbour that mid-2000s-style massive bias towards his own team, which is a bit out of date on today’s TTH.
Raoul Duke, I read the book from which your username comes recently, I really enjoyed it.
Reg, good these days, I probably slated him for being tactics truck in the past but now real life, and indeed Twitter, has far overtaken him in that regard so looking back he was probably a VISIONARY.
Samadini, class horse.
Shindig’s short sentences referring back to things that probably never happened in 1997 are gold, never change.
SincereTheRebel’s boxing posts, like the NFL fantasy balls, Henry’s book reviews and so forth, I could read for hours. I know nothing about the subject matter and have no interest in it, but find it fascinating to read posts from someone who does and has. Enthusiasm, and subcultures, are what keeps the world turning.
Spikey M, good now, a survivor of many TTH eras.
Spoonsky, probably too busy having unprotected sex with anorexic girls and boys now to bother much with us.
SvN I like more each time I do a list. I think I’ve grown into him.
Waffdon: Cahill isn’t that bad, you spaz.

I got the laptop out. That's how much I love you fuckers. I've done enough for tonight though.

Adamski - Very up and down in the past. Went through periods of being really great and then even more of every post being a snarky jab. But he’s a scot I suppose. Seems to have binned it lately for the ‘group’, so what I wrote preceding this is probably irrelevant anyway.

Sir Andy Mahowry - Annoys the fuck out of me at times in the NFL stuff and his over use of the word disgusting, but he’s a mainstay and is better more times than he’s not. Gets far too much shit at times about his personal life too but I don’t think he gives a shit.

Baz - Baz sometimes seems like a really sound, but not to my taste, happy go lucky guy. Too much LAD. But there’s always something dangerous that worries me about him too.

Boydy - Doesn’t post a big pile now but I wish he did. Love the dourness, a man after my own heart. I’d love to go on an impromptu session with him and never speak of it again.

Browning - Can’t remember now why I left him on the list I edited but I think it’s for NFL stuff. Inoffensive.

Byron - I always mix him up with someone else. Has an angry and snappy streak that always surprises me because I mix him up with someone else. I think it’s Foe.

CJay - The only other Irish poster but I never really think of him as Irish and I don’t think he does either, but then again that’s Donegal. Seems a good guy though but another I don’t recall a big pile from lately.

Dark Soldier - alreet, etc. I never really know what he’s saying to be honest. But, and I have no reasoning for thinking this that I can put my finger on, if I was in a ball of shit and could call one poster to dig me out then he’d be the man. Maybe it’s because he seems streetwise, maybe it’s because he seems sound but yeah. Forum is better now that he’s very active.

dino - Snarky twat the vast majority of the time but has the odd moment.

Disco - Another one who would cut you to the bone as soon as look at you, but we need shit like that.

Foe - Foe is absolutely amazing. The vast knowledge and brilliance of the man is only matched by his amazing looks. Never ever gets ratty.

Regards,
Foe.

Giggles - Absolutely fucked in every way shape and form.

Hammer - Hammatime. Couldn’t help but like Hammer. Seems to have relaxed a bit since he used to get all defensive about his eyes wide shut clubs and just rolls with it now. I also take a passing interest in the MIGHTY BLADES :cool: now because of him.

Henry - Not as highly strung as he used to be but still highly strung. Seems a bit green about a lot of stuff but book smart for what he lacks in life smart. Never cross paths too much as he’s all about the politics. And films. Loves the films.

Ian - Ian is a sound man and definitely one I’d sesh with, even though we’d be mangled after two pints of some obscure 29% beer.

igor_balis - Always has good stories and I like he’s not a full of himself cock even though he seems to be doing absolutely fine at things. Probably goes over the line of being too hard on himself at times.

ItalAussie - Never liked Ital as I always found him/her to be a condescending twat, but the less he/she posts the more I think he/she brings to the place. Probably really nice but in that too nice kind of way.

Jimmy Floyd - Jimmy is probably the best poster here right now. Has a hand in everything and I find myself agreeing with him more and more, which is something I would have shuddered at a few years ago. Seems a very eloquent man but never one I feel I know all that much about at the same time, though he seems a lot more human in the last year or so. Probably down to the Korea stories, which are gold.

John - I like John, though it probably never seems like it. I call him a cunt a lot but it’s only because he is a cunt and needs to be called a cunt, but when he’s not being cartoonishly angry he’s very funny and adds a lot. Even the OTT stuff adds a lot. Is far far too serious about television series though.

John Arne - Largely inoffensive. For a poster that posts a shit load I don’t really have much more to say unfortunately. He seems to be active in the mornings when I’m in early to work and dossing drinking coffee so that’s good.

Kikó - Smug twat. Not really though, and seems a nice guy, but definitely wouldn’t be the type I’d voluntarily spend any time with irl as he seems the exact opposite to me. Good poster though and good to have around.

leedsrevolution - Doesn’t post much until he’s mashed drunk and sticks up pictures of his fanny licker dog, so there’s little else to say really.

Lewis - One of the top men about the place. We wouldn’t cross paths on a massive array of subjects but he’s very quick witted and doesn’t seem to give a scaldy bollock about anything.

Magic - A nasty shite but can’t help but like him all the same. The quality has waned recently and he’s turned into a less thought out Adamski but it’s understandable. Hope one day he will look back and lol at this whole period.

Mike - Seems a bit simple but is very enthusiastic about absolutely everything. Less of a LAD than Baz and seems more level but I still can’t help but read every single post of his in the tone of the ‘brilliant’ Paul Whitehouse character from the Fast Show.

Pepe - Peep is a bit too much of a hippy for us to ever see anything the same way but there’s very little about him I could really dislike.

phonics - He’s amazing at wading in about something and being so wrong that it’s a good thing he really doesn’t give a bollix. Always here and always active but a person that always confuses me and I can never piece his background together even after all this time.

Queenslander - Posts rarely, but they’re all good. There’s only really one type of Australian that I can get on board with and he seems that type.

Raoul Duke - A massive big time charlie, though I still don’t really know if a lot of it is a put-on or not. If not then he’s without doubt the type of person I’m normally repelled by irl, though there’s still always something about him that makes him seem sound. Maybe he just has it all the bastard.

Reg - Loves the football, like mad into it, but for someone who posts a load I really know very little about him other than that. Maybe he posts a lot in other threads that I never click on.

Shindig - No idea. The name is always there and I know he posts a lot but I haven’t one fucking clue of anything that he does here.

Spikey M - Spikey da man. I find that me and him tend to agree or align on a fair few things, though he’s much less of a dour sack of shit than I am. I’d like to be more like Spikey.

Spoonsky - Couldn’t like him even if you breastfed him. Always seems really snarky and aloof, like he’s (in his own mind) absolutely owning life and anyone who doesn’t do, or want to do, things his way is just massively wrong. The type of person that needs a few harsh life lessons.

SvN - SvN is good, active in loads of threads I read and doesn’t seem to let anything go to his head too much. Another I’d probably sup a pint of porter with.

Waffdon - Substances.

wullie - King of the one liner. I know fuck all about the man but always notice when he post because it’s usually funny.

Yevrah - Only really turns up now to say how he’s disappointed in a TV series before turning up again after a while to say it wasn’t so bad after all.

Just got home half drunk. This will probably be shit.

AD Probably very good at betting, if only he had more spare time after finishing his Oxford law degree.
Adamski Is a dick for what seems like banter points more often than is necessary.
Amigo I felt like we had a fair bit in common in growing up in countries we'd hadrather not have. Curious to know what he ended up doing.
Andy I've never spoken to him but Facebook enables me to know he's just got engaged. Congrats m8.
Baz Hopefully not as much of a danger as some of the stuff on here makes him out to be.
Boydy Steven Gerrard is god.
Cord The most unexpected mugshot of all time
elth R. I. P.
Giggles Possibly ahead of his time
GS Spectacularly different to any person I've ever met and unsurprisingly antagonised on here. Would be a loss even if I think he's a wanker most of the time.
Ian Good guy, even if he was a sucker for always having to defend at haxball.
Jimmy Floyd I likely disagree with him on a lot more things than not, but he's so good at conveying opinions that he mostly sounds agreeable
John I've met plenty of people like John while living in Glasgow, but never anyone that's remotely as much of a dick.
Kikó I spilled red wine down my shirt at his flat, he lent me a t-shirt and I never gave him it back. I think Kiko is the opposite of the person in that anecdote.
Magic Maybe the best poster on the new board, and I don't mean that to take the piss.
Mazuuurk Valuable poster.
Mert Valuable poster, actually
niko_cee Similar effect to Jimmy Floyd
Offshore Toon Lost the drugs I gave him at Glastonbury a few years ago, which I now realise was intentional and likely for the best.
Panda Bear One of those people with whom I probably have a fair bit in common but with whom I'm not sure I could ever have a conversation .
randomlegend League of legends is shit.
Reg Good in football threads etc.
Samadini :thbup:
Shindig His posts in the jobs thread are the most beautifully mundane thing on the board, and hold strong value in how they seem to wind certain members up.
SincereTheRebel Another I hope returns
Spoonsky I do hope he's doing well.
Waffdon Some of the best football opinions on the board
Yevrah Good etc. Another with well formed opinions.

AD - Decent when he posts which is never so k thx
Adamski - Adam is a good contributor - thanks.
AE - Not sure he even posts anymore. It was probably one of the greatest moments on the board him playing IRL for us all to watch and actually donning it.
Alan Shearer The 2nd - Did he used to post about cars? Don't know.
Alex - Leeds and hip hop. Or just hip hop. Why do the A's suck?
Amigo - Good guy and was a poster worth reading. Probably dead now.
Andrew - Randrew? Not sure what's going on between him and Lewis and what happened on the meet they had but I assume it was some sort of falling out over the importance of milk in modern society.
Andy - He seems happy enough on Facebook. I remember when he nearly killed himself by piling himself with lemsip, paracetamol and booze and his liver collapsed.
Sir Andy Mahowry - For someone who managed to stay mundane for years, the Ukraine camgirl story/saga/-gate was incredible. I think How has come on from the gamer chair - Ronaldo 1-0 to be an invaluable member of this place.
Angelsaint - Boring human.
Baz - His hard is in the right place with this place and he's done a lot to get us from nothing to having our own fully fledged forum. Still, I think there is a case of underhand with a lot of what he does and maybe it's a case of past weirdness that taints my current view.
Bernanke - He's great in a fleeting way. Can try a bit harder and post more.
Bob Sacamano - Nope.
Boydy - What's Boydy doing at the moment? His misery and disillusionment seemingly coincides with his posting improving.
Browning - Minimal opinion - seems ok.
bruhnaldo - The most sensitive soul ever , the term snowflake was invented for him. Not sure how he could vote for Trump considering his liberal, pinko weakness.
Byron - The Group. ByzantineByron is a nice guy but he should post more.
Charlie - His stories in <Insert name of Asian country> were great. I wonder if he's been banged up yet.
Chrissy - Stand up Scotsman? Terrible.
CJay - A nice part of the furniture.
Clunge - Great name, no clue.
Cord - Escalated to the BEST poster for a while then probably gained a life of some sort and left it to Jimmy and Lewis to own this place. Fuck sake man.
Dan - Nope.
Danny - American chinese bloke. I am sorry we never met in JAX at the time.
Dark Soldier - Steve's writing prose is brilliant when he gets going and his diet is sublime. I know he was struggling for ages but it seems like he's on track and I am happy to read it.
Davgooner - Post or gtf
Demerit
dino - I would appreciate that shirt back. Top bloke and another important member if only for his diljeet betting posts.
Disco - Disco is like the incessant ticking hand on a clock that you don't notice until it stops. Funny and is a good poster.
Dquincy - Quince works a decent job and yet was insanely thick at times / shit humoured. I like him though.
elth - Back about 7 years ago me and Elth met up in Munich. He was quieter than the brash, very smart and always right aussie on the forum. Shame he doesn't really post anymore but his life seems to be going well.
five time - Scouse bastard.
Foe - Foe seems to deliciously close to massive success but is such a Mr Bean character that he will end up dead locked inside a fridge. Really nice guy when we met though, helped TTHIRL finish 3rd in the quiz.
Giggles - Nice to see he doesn't actually think I'm that much of a bastard in this thread. I think he's an integral part of this place and his bitter cynicism is basically what TTH is. Keep it up.
Gray Fox - I know him but not enough.
GS - GS doesn't post much on here anymore which is a shame. He was infuriating for me , robo-Tory which I violently disagreed with. In THE GROUP, he's much nicer/calmer.
Hammer - Actually a bit crazy but makes for good stories like the walking from Belgium to Leeds or his constant weird consensual sex group stories. I think he killed Rushie.
Henry - What is it, two threads he posts in now? The book one and running? I suppose he has no one to argue against anymore. Shame.
hfswjyr - He's posted for 7 years and still no opinion. Seems nice.
Ian- I would meet Ian for a beer although a suggestion of peroni would probably lead to derision and he'd end up posting on here talking with giggles aka When Ian met Fandan.
igor_balis - Quite good in a self deprecating way. He's an important part of the new TTH infrastructure.
ItalAussie - Ital is a staple like me. Like me, we're a bit dull and keep coming back for the free biscuits.
Jeet
Jimmy Floyd - One of the key posters. A good chap in real life and his stories from deep in the Korean peninsula are brilliant. He really needs to get out even though it will make him 27% less boring. The cricket posts are fantastic. /
John - Another one who gets this place and is a crucial yang to others ying. Last of the classic Rangers contingent standing - Fandan, Pongo and a few others have all fucked off to let him lead the good fight against Waffle. Do we even have celtic fans here anymore?
John Arne - Very good and I like his different view on the world. Keep posting.
Josh- Nope.
Lee - Start posting and stop wasting time in the group. Lee's actually bloody interesting and he saves it for endless discussions with GS.
leedsrevolution - Another good cog to help this place continue.
Lewis - How many years in a row can you say (I haven't said anything nice about Lewis in ages) he's brilliant and is crucial for this place to even have a chance to continue into it's 4th decade? 15 years is the answer.
Luca - He's in Oz now and working himself to the bone for a consultancy. Incredible savvy and smart and really bloody nice. I've met Luca about 4-5 times and he is as genuine as they come.

Enough. I'll carry on next week.

I didn't intend to write one, but procrastination from finals has reached a new level. It's too nice but that's what happens with five posters left.

7om - If Jimmy can muster up a thousand-post comedic masterpiece from working with a few Koreans in southwest London, then the least he could do is post more about life in China.

Adamski - Seems unnecessarily angry a lot of the time but at least he posts.

AE - His life seems nice on Facebook, but some inward part of me is still bitter that he never cracked the MLS.

Sir Andy Mahowry - Still prone to the odd shocker or, even worse, terrifying post about 'females', but on the whole he's good.

bruhnaldo - As though the slight American inferiority complex I held when I started posting on TTH age 13 had developed sentience and a life of its own - or had been turned into an allegorical character in the ongoing theatrical production we like to call 'The Third Half.'

Charlie - I wish he still posted, I found him completely enigmatic in an entertaining way. I guess he's settled into domestic life in Taipei.

Cord - I miss his dog more than his posting these days.

dino - One of the posters I'd be mostly like to be friends with IRL, I think.

Giggles - His antipathy towards me seems as strong as ever, but mine towards him has waned almost totally. I actually like him nowadays, and his posting is as valuable to the board as ever. I don't know if something about him changed or something about me.

GS - Not gonna lie, I miss dry politics GS getting stuck in on Brexit.

Ian - He's definitely the most likeable poster on here. I'm almost glad I never met him in Glasgow, though, because I hold a suspicion that in real life he's some 400-pound Mahow-lite. (I know Mahow is lighter than 400 pounds, but you know what I mean.)

igor_balis - Igor's the best, and his life should be an inspiration to all of us.

ItalAussie - Ital's great, but I can't help but feel that this board touches on very few of the things which interest him most. He's a great and accessible writer, so I wish he'd start a Wait But Why-style blog or something so I can see more of his thoughts on MATH and GOD.

Jimmy Floyd and Lewis - The Messi and Ronaldo of TTH (and you know which is which). They're by far the best posters on the board, and the ones who most consistently put in an effort - probably because I think the board means more to them than to anyone else. They're also, in their own way, two of the best writers I know. Although I hope that Jimmy finds a better job, and Lewis finds a job at all, TTH will be a worse place if they ever find better and more deserving uses of their time.

John - Angry John is an old and tired act, at this point, and depends far too heavily on pedantry - but John is also one of the best and most sensible posters remaining, so whatchagonnado.

John Arne - I love John Arne, and his life seems fascinating, even if he's not the Asian with the duck from that photo.

Kikó - Great poster, and has the most insightful views on ManYoo out of anyone on the board.

Magic - I actually care about him, and I'm curious what's happening in his life. I hope someday things start to look up for him (or maybe they already have).

Mert - The sad, lonely, emptiness of his life has given me a good idea of what not to do now that I'm starting my 20s. But politically he stumped us all. It's a good thing I never made that bet about Trump.

mikem - I find his thoughts on America, politically and culturally, really fascinating. Every post is worth reading whether you agree or not, and I wish there were more.

mokbull - His posting style has always been more college meme page than TTH, so I'm glad those pages now exist.

Panda Bear - Messaged me on instagram yesterday. I hope to someday meet him, somewhere in Canada, and try to confirm whether he knows what rust looks like.

Pepe - Not sure he's made a post of more than two sentences in about a year, if not his entire time here. But fuck it, it's Pepe, gotta love him anyway.

phonics - I really enjoy his posting, especially his insights into the UN.

Reg - Yep, still good.

Samadini - :cool:

Shindig - He's good. I've completely lost interest in this now.

Waffdon - My brutha. Did you know that Vim's sister goes to school in Dundee? I wonder if he's BANGED her yet.

Yevrah - Yev's the best, and the board is better the more he posts.

Boydy
04-12-2017, 11:46 AM
I'll be surprised if anyone does this.

Giggles
04-12-2017, 12:25 PM
I love/hate you a equally x

randomlegend
04-12-2017, 12:36 PM
Post your own list along with the thread or fuck off.

Spikey M
04-12-2017, 12:39 PM
Y’all reet.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-12-2017, 12:41 PM
You're all bastards.

Disco
04-12-2017, 12:50 PM
The list is about three times longer than it needs to be.

McAvennie
04-12-2017, 01:05 PM
As a long term lurker on this and the previous boards I can tell you that at this Christmas you are all much the same as you ever were

Pleb
04-12-2017, 01:09 PM
Post your own list along with the thread or fuck off.
randomlegend - loves lists. KUTGW.

Pepe
04-12-2017, 03:43 PM
I will make a list.

Baz
04-12-2017, 04:20 PM
If I do one it will be very condensed due to time restrictions, but I’ll make sure to include anyone who posts a list of their own.

If that isn’t motivation enough to open up Word and go mental, I don’t know what is.

I do hope a few lists come from this though, they’re always interesting to read.

Disco
04-12-2017, 06:43 PM
My problem is my list will be much the same as the last one, which I suppose I should have just posted to see if anyone noticed.

Magic
04-12-2017, 06:44 PM
My problem is my list will be much the same as the last one, which I suppose I should have just posted to see if anyone noticed.

Nobody would have, just for clarity.

mugbull
04-12-2017, 06:50 PM
I fully expect this to be the saddest WDYTOE

Giggles
04-12-2017, 06:53 PM
I fully expect this to be the saddest WDYTOE

I expect it to be the most non existent one.

Disco
04-12-2017, 06:56 PM
What we're all really waiting for is this years awards.

Igor?

Giggles
04-12-2017, 07:03 PM

Igor?

GS has been writing them for weeks now.

Spikey M
04-12-2017, 07:27 PM
I’m 90% sure GS and Harold are cell mates at this point.

Or GS was a very, very well executed Alias of the now deceased Harold.

Giggles
04-12-2017, 07:53 PM
I’m 90% sure GS and Harold are cell mates at this point.

Or GS was a very, very well executed Alias of the now deceased Harold.

That weren't that unlike actually :sherlock:

Mazuuurk
04-12-2017, 08:37 PM
"Used to be better, should post more!"

x 50 or whatever

igor_balis
04-12-2017, 09:07 PM

Igor?

:\

Offshore Toon
04-12-2017, 10:47 PM
How many regular (at least once a week) posters are there now?

mugbull
04-12-2017, 11:27 PM
The board status thing says there are 110 'active' members. Not sure what 'active' entails but that sounds about right

Lewis
04-12-2017, 11:42 PM
AD
Adamski
Alan Shearer The 2nd
Alex
Sir Andy Mahowry
Baz
Bernanke
Boydy
Browning
Byron
CJay
Dan
Danny
Dark Soldier
dino
Disco
five time
Foe
Giggles
Gray Fox
Hammer
Henry
hfswjyr
Ian Webly
igor_balis
ItalAussie
Jimmy Floyd
John
John Arne
Kikó
leedsrevolution
Lewis
Luke Emia
Magic
Max Power
Mazuuurk
Mike
mikem
mo
mokbull
niko_cee
Offshore Toon
Pen
Pepe
phonics
Pleb
P_3
Queenslander
randomlegend
Raoul Duke
Reg
Sam
Samadini
ScousePig
Serj
Shindig
SincereTheRebel
Spikey M
Spoonsky
SvN
The Merse
Waffdon
Weaver
wullie
Yevrah

How many is that?

Jimmy Floyd
04-12-2017, 11:44 PM
Sixty five.

Lewis
04-12-2017, 11:47 PM
More than fifty.

phonics
04-12-2017, 11:49 PM
Nearly seventy.

Pepe
05-12-2017, 12:06 AM
The Group is doing a WDYTOE. Pm me if you want to be added to the list so that you can know what GS, Lee, all the LADS think of you.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-12-2017, 12:07 AM
As if they'd invite you.

Spammer
05-12-2017, 10:34 AM
It's a shit read so far.

I'm looking forward to the '2017 review' thread. It was really interesting to read through the previous entries from years before, seeing what I thought of those years.

Magic
05-12-2017, 11:36 AM
I usually do it and takes me ages so you better appreciate.

Spammer
05-12-2017, 11:52 AM
I'll appreciate it when it I see it.

Spammer
05-12-2017, 02:44 PM
I might try and do one of my get a chance, seen as it could be the last one we do.

Kikó
05-12-2017, 09:22 PM
I might do one although I don't think I've done one since 2011.

Disco
05-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Customary.

Lofty
05-12-2017, 10:08 PM
AE - Winning at life, sorry I have the air shot burned into my memory
Alan Shearer The 2nd - nice enough car expert
Andy - seem like a decent bloke to go for a pint with
Sir Andy Mahowry - misunderstood but online too much for your own good
Angelsaint - part genius part psychopath
Baz - forever straddling the line between bantz king and terminally annoying
Boydy - Henry-lite
Dark Soldier - makes my own perversions look vanilla which fills me with admiration and revulsion simultaneously. Rollercoaster Guy POF was class though.
Davgooner - no nonsense
GS - still vividly remember waiting for you to post after Woy lost at Anfield to Blackpool, all other thoughts are filtered through that prism
Henry - angry intellectual
Ian - good bloke with excellent taste in books
ItalAussie - TTH’s Stephen Hawking
Jeet - Taz Prime
Jimmy Floyd - In my mind you’re Ian Hislop if he was forced to read only The Telegraph
John - Stereotypically dour, likely playing it up, alright really
Kikó - Myth
Lewis - hilarious online but I fear in real life you could put a glass eye to sleep
Magic - fellow degenerate with worse life choices
Mert - always giving it the big un which inevitably means over compensating, TTH’s Robbie Savage
Offshore Toon - aloof, laugh along with you one minute, tell you to fuck off and die the next
Panda Bear - hipster man living in a cuddly technological marvel world who’s probably never seen rust
Pepe - Top Geezer
Samadini - good lad but a tad flakey
Shindig - Eskimo face from the nineties
SincereTheRebel - force of nature
Smiffy - if Liverpool FC was a man
Spikey M - big heart small head
wullie - king of the one liner
Yevrah - Emperor of seethe

Stick that up your dojo

Lewis
05-12-2017, 10:13 PM
I lolled at 'probably never seen rust'.

Pepe
05-12-2017, 10:14 PM
That one caught me by surprise too. :D

Offshore Toon
05-12-2017, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't tell you to die.

Ian
05-12-2017, 10:30 PM
Pleb - Just played Rocket League with him and he was disappointingly normal-sounding.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-12-2017, 10:31 PM
I think his is the (TTH) voice that has stunned me the most.

Jimmy Floyd
05-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Lewis 'irl' is the same as Lewis on here, except that I don't read his posts in a northern accent (all northerners should type like spazzes) and 'irl' he's probably as route one as it gets.

Lewis
05-12-2017, 10:38 PM
I should never have dropped the full-name username.

Disco
05-12-2017, 11:33 PM
Spikeys head isn't small it's just fucking narrow.

mugbull
06-12-2017, 12:16 AM
Remember when we rated everyone on a 1 to 10 scale and then got Excel to give us everyone's average rating? Probably the lamest thing that's ever been done, though i was into it at the time

Giggles
06-12-2017, 07:13 AM
Is that a copy and paste from 2011?

Spikey M
06-12-2017, 07:34 AM
Spikeys head isn't small it's just fucking narrow.

It’s certainly filled out since the glory days. Beer and cheese has seen to that.

Offshore Toon
06-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Remember when we rated everyone on a 1 to 10 scale and then got Excel to give us everyone's average rating? Probably the lamest thing that's ever been done, though i was into it at the time
Those were exciting times.

Pepe
06-12-2017, 10:31 PM
It was no Haxball tournament, but it was alright.

Pleb
06-12-2017, 10:32 PM
Haxball :cool:

Lewis
06-12-2017, 10:35 PM
From what I remember, Wullie pipped me to that ratings one; but only about three people knew who he was, so mine was from a much larger sample, and that made me the People's Champion (alternatively: National Treasure, and/or Working Class Hero).

Offshore Toon
06-12-2017, 10:36 PM
What happened to Wullie?

Pepe
06-12-2017, 10:37 PM
Wullie was supposed to be the funniest poster around for a while, wasn't he? I wonder where it all went wrong.

Lewis
06-12-2017, 10:37 PM
He got blown up by diljeet.

Pepe
06-12-2017, 10:40 PM
Is diljeet the banana or the betting one? I can never remember.

Giggles
06-12-2017, 10:41 PM
The original 'group'. Ruination of the board.

EDIT: Haxball. Didn't realise there was a new page.

Lewis
06-12-2017, 10:42 PM
Is diljeet the banana or the betting one? I can never remember.

Does it matter?

Dark Soldier
06-12-2017, 10:43 PM
Wullie is on rllmuk, still a top geez.

Pepe
06-12-2017, 10:43 PM
I'll just roll them both into one in my memory and call it a day.

Raoul Duke
06-12-2017, 10:48 PM

Lol @ Mr. 6.43 trying to act like a big shot

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-12-2017, 10:55 PM
Wullie still posts on here.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-12-2017, 10:56 PM
Lol @ Mr. 6.43 trying to act like a big shot

Try half of that.

Pleb
06-12-2017, 10:57 PM
Moar lists/banter.

mugbull
06-12-2017, 10:57 PM
I was 4th to last or something. Diljeet, JonWo, and some other randomers finished below me

Giggles
06-12-2017, 10:58 PM
Moar lists/banter.

Pleb - likes lists and banter.

mugbull
06-12-2017, 10:58 PM
JonWo, by the way, was phenomenal, and his demise was the most tragic of any TTH demise i can remember

Giggles
06-12-2017, 11:00 PM
What happened him? I presumed he was hounded out.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-12-2017, 11:01 PM
He got permabanned then went to the 'fuge for a bit to call people faggots.

Giggles
06-12-2017, 11:02 PM
I stand by what I said so.

Raoul Duke
06-12-2017, 11:04 PM
He was an asshat. Or Mokbull.

Jimmy Floyd
06-12-2017, 11:05 PM
JoJo or whatever he was called was better than JonWo.

igor_balis
06-12-2017, 11:05 PM
I might write a list, but I generally like most of you, so it'd be really boring.

Dark Soldier
06-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Most of you didn't get to see Managere but I think he was legitimately mentally handicapped. Every post was insane dribble.

igor_balis
06-12-2017, 11:14 PM
I feel like I never really got to experience any of the total headcases (except me lol!!) because I got involved so late. Except that Angel saint bloke who just seemed like a wind up merchant rather than disabled. The lack of aggro compared to when I used to lurk is probably a good thing, but the drama was pretty funny at times. I saw snippets of the OLD-old-board (~2004??) and it just seemed like mental people shouting at each other.

Jimmy Floyd
06-12-2017, 11:16 PM
Pre 2002 was an orgy of in jokes and obscure pop culture references. They must all be in their 40s now.

igor_balis
06-12-2017, 11:17 PM
When did the place actually start, and is anyone still around from back then?

Raoul Duke
06-12-2017, 11:19 PM

I've pestered Lewis to write a history of TTH, but he's "busy" feeding his dog ice cream or whatever

Jimmy Floyd
06-12-2017, 11:19 PM
DS is the oldest survivor I think.

Giggles
06-12-2017, 11:21 PM
I feel like I never really got to experience any of the total headcases (except me lol!!) because I got involved so late. Except that Angel saint bloke who just seemed like a wind up merchant rather than disabled. The lack of aggro compared to when I used to lurk is probably a good thing, but the drama was pretty funny at times. I saw snippets of the OLD-old-board (~2004??) and it just seemed like mental people shouting at each other.

It's just all people quietly hating each other now. A bit if shouting would help.

Dark Soldier
06-12-2017, 11:25 PM

2001 for me. Started very late 99/early 00 iirc. Place was pure aggro a lot of the time around 03/04 as Mellin, R1 and a fair few others were essentially team fuckwit and you had the GR lot and a few others who were older hating us. There were legitimately great posters then but in general 80% of posters were utter dreck.

Hornet is still one of the best, he only made about 1500 posts or so and stopped after a few years Plus Challinor.

Giggles
06-12-2017, 11:27 PM
What the fuck is dreck?

igor_balis
06-12-2017, 11:28 PM
I do say it a lot, but there's something brilliantly weird about this place. We're like the last few losers still talking on a newsgroup or a friends reunited page or something. I tried to explain it to an IRL friend - "er so it's like a football manager forum, except nobody really plays football manager anymore. it's been going for years, most people have been on here for 15 years or so" "when did you join?" "er, about 5 years ago" "why did you?" "....errrr..."

John
06-12-2017, 11:29 PM
What the fuck is dreck?

Have a go at working it out from context. I bet even you could get it.

Giggles
06-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Have a go at working it out from context. I bet even you could get it.

'Even you' :D Never change you repugnant scaldy sack of shite.

I read it as 'dark' first. Really have no idea, and he's a grown fucking man anyway. Alreet?

Dark Soldier
06-12-2017, 11:32 PM
dreck - shit

Dark Soldier
06-12-2017, 11:34 PM
To be fair the second I see a positive Giggles post I know this place is dead

Giggles
06-12-2017, 11:36 PM
To be fair the second I see a positive Giggles post I know this place is dead

Calling John a cunt is positive.

Pepe
07-12-2017, 12:43 AM
True.

Mike
07-12-2017, 07:50 AM
The old GR section used to puzzle me with all the nicknames, they seemed to have a blast though. When it was removed it was the first bit of ‘Internet drama’ I remember too. Do they still have their own forum?

Baz
07-12-2017, 07:57 AM
Wullie still posts in here.

I probably have all the results for the rating out of ten thing (Member Vote Invitational Classic) if anyone’s that bothered. It’s somewhere along with all of my WDYTOE lists and everyone’s real names and Donovan and Sincere’s addresses.

Kikó
07-12-2017, 08:34 AM
I do say it a lot, but there's something brilliantly weird about this place. We're like the last few losers still talking on a newsgroup or a friends reunited page or something. I tried to explain it to an IRL friend - "er so it's like a football manager forum, except nobody really plays football manager anymore. it's been going for years, most people have been on here for 15 years or so" "when did you join?" "er, about 5 years ago" "why did you?" "....errrr..."

That's pretty accurate. I'm nearly into my 15th year (7 Jan 03 birthday) and this is the one I have started to slow down. This place is a million* times better than any other types of social media.

We do need another meet tbh.

*Based on science and fact.

Giggles
07-12-2017, 08:35 AM
That's pretty accurate. I'm nearly into my 15th year (7 Jan 03 birthday) and this is the one I have started to slow down. This place is a million* times better than any other types of social media.

What slow it down if it's the best one?

Kikó
07-12-2017, 08:53 AM
I have less free time generally.

Giggles
07-12-2017, 08:54 AM
Makes sense. I'm the same with the 70k+ I'm driving a year now.

Kikó
07-12-2017, 09:15 AM
https://i.imgur.com/XTCfG8j.gif

Giggles
07-12-2017, 09:16 AM
Some day :drool:

Mazuuurk
07-12-2017, 09:31 AM
1,5 page in and we're already talking about the Good Old Days :D

Spikey M
07-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Not one Chimp out. Someone write a snide post about Bruhnaldo, I’m sure he’s still lurking.

ItalAussie
07-12-2017, 09:44 AM

I think I first signed up in 2002, so I'm getting on 15 years as well.

Honestly, I don't regret it at all. This place is still so much better than standard internet haunts.

Disco
07-12-2017, 09:49 AM
I registered in 01 I think, right at the end of the old board.

Spikey M
07-12-2017, 09:52 AM
I’m a child of the merger. So whenever that was.

SvN
07-12-2017, 09:56 AM
I definitely registered on the original board when CM01/02 was out, but only posted in the CMs section. I remember using a tactic a guy called Jensen posted that was incredible.

I then re-registered in 2005 on the newer board for FM2005, if I recall.

Mike
07-12-2017, 10:14 AM
2001 here too. May I think. I was in 6th form and had nothing better to do with my time.

Giggles
07-12-2017, 10:16 AM
I have no idea when I joined, but it was on the last board (RIP) and I was called Goat.

Magic
07-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Can't we just have:

HISTORY OF TTH

pinned at the top to stop these boring reminiscing moments.

Giggles
07-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Yeah it's making all the lists harder to find.

Pen
07-12-2017, 10:30 AM
I’ve been here (TTH) over ten years too. Jesus that’s a long time. I think I spent a year in TD before venturing to TTH. I came in very excited about some transfer news and was told to fuck off by everyone.

Pen
07-12-2017, 10:33 AM
This was after reading a thread called ’I’m meeting a transsexual’. TTH has been pretty great for me. Met some great people and I still come here every day to read new stuff. The slower pace also suits me as I wouldn’t have the time needed to keep up it was still as busy as it was ten years ago.

Jimmy Floyd
07-12-2017, 10:34 AM
People over the years have moaned about it, but our inbuilt quality control system is what makes it such a great board. You look at other forums and it's just nicey nicey boring wankers with nothing to say.

Shindig
07-12-2017, 10:43 AM
Or there's a lot of filler that you have to sift through. It's going to get dark when we're in our 60s, though.

Kikó
07-12-2017, 10:58 AM
6 posts a week from elderly reg calling out death dates.

Kiko 16 November 2028 16:38

Ian
07-12-2017, 11:14 AM
This was after reading a thread called ’I’m meeting a transsexual’. TTH has been pretty great for me. Met some great people and I still come here every day to read new stuff. The slower pace also suits me as I wouldn’t have the time needed to keep up it was still as busy as it was ten years ago.

I think after years of sporadic lurking it was probably when it started slowing down that I started posting more. I don't remember that being a conscious thing but I remember finding the sheer volume of updates in weekend football threads, for example, off-putting in terms of posting much myself,

Disco
07-12-2017, 11:28 AM

Then phonics will post it again about a week later.

Adamski
07-12-2017, 11:49 AM
Fuck off Lofty you jigsaw faced cunt.

Pepe
07-12-2017, 01:41 PM
If we hang long enough we'll have a second golden age once we all retire.

Lewis
07-12-2017, 02:57 PM
If all had gone to plan the likes of Amigo and Luca (and kweli if he had resolved his daddy issues) would be our leading posters now, and the rest of us could have gone into semi-retirement and stunk the place out with snark and TEG references, but they blew their potential.

Baz
07-12-2017, 03:15 PM
TTH MVIC 2013 Results:
AD (75961) ― 5.67 » A decent rating for someone who not long ago had unprotected sex for the first time, which led to his foreskin nearly splitting. Posts a lot in the relationship thread, which is one I have never really bothered with, but seems to be doing okay and people on here seem interested in his goings-on.
Adramelch (47822) ― 6.31 » Quite a high rating for someone I don’t really come across much while browsing, aside from his solid contributions in the weekly football discussion threads. He also seems to post a lot in the Uni thread, which is one I have never read so I guess that explains my surprise at his rating of over a six. Obviously people like his posts and feel he’s a good contributor so hopefully he keeps it up long enough for us to cross paths somewhere down the line.
AE (22693) ― 5.54 » TTH’s most successful footballer (despite his recent release from MLS side Colorado Rapids) hasn’t scored as highly as some may have expected, including myself. He seems like an all-round nice guy but often his posts aren’t as interesting as people hope, and before the whole professional footballer presence made the front page of the TTH Gazette, he was relatively forgotten about beyond cool mugshots and people posting screenshots of his profile on Football Manager.
AJ (152) ― 5.20 » Perhaps known most prominently for going a whole year without masturbating. When you think about that, it doesn’t sound like a difficult feat – especially if you partake in actual sexual intercourse regularly – but it was tried and tested by a few other members, which culminated in a collective failure and the acceptance amongst the community of posts from members which boiled down damn I just had a wank, presumably typed while the tip was still dripping. When you think of AJ, try not to associate him with former boyband member AJ McLean, or professional wrestler AJ Styles, but instead as the poster child for self-control. Or picture him next time you fancy a quick tug, and maybe you’ll decide something else is a better way to spend your Sunday afternoon.
Alan Shearer The 2nd (1201) ― 5.77 » Seemingly ever-present throughout various topics of threads, but somewhat stealthy and often keeps personal information to himself. Beyond his public knowledge of cars and desire of so-called Best Babes, he maintains a level of reservation that is both admirable and frustrating. A rating of 5.77 is nothing to be scoffed at but I can’t help feel a little more contribution, possibly including longer posts than one or two lines, and he could be held in much higher regard amongst his peers.
Alex (64) ― 5.18 » Rarely seen in threads outside of his three main interests, which are hip-hop, television shows and football. Although that doesn’t sound like much, I’d say the latter two of those topics make up around about 80% of TTH’s discussions, and all three categories produce threads I’ll more than happily read, which means our paths tend to cross a lot. His 5.18 rating is surprisingly low, to me at least, but perhaps it is a reflection of needing to be an all-round good poster and involved in multiple topics of discussion, in order to break into the six-plus league.
Andy (65) ― 6.36 » I think it says a lot about how accepted he is as a proper man’s man, and the most blokey of blokes in the south of England, when posts like this (thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?p=4138876#post4138876) (where Andy claims he has a quiet weekend ahead, which only involves a ten mile race on the Sunday, but not before having a few pints the night before) pass by without any comment whatsoever from fellow members. Tends to keep to himself a lot, but openly shares information about his working life, which people seem to respect and enjoy reading about. In a vote like this, 6.36 can definitely be seen as a good score, and well-deserved too.
angeldust (181) ― 6.08 » Hasn’t actually posted since summer 2012. Consider him an oversight when compiling the list, but still scored pretty decently all things considered.
Apples (7466) ― 5.77 » An Australian who is a huge fan of varying sports and unsurprisingly very prominent in the cricket thread, but also joins in football discussion and a keen player in the Werewolf games. A decent score.
Bamster (1506) ― 4.75 » Seemingly a long time member, and not least because he’s one of the oldest here, who rarely seems to join in discussion nowadays. Posts mainly to ask for guidance, but also a fairly avid contributor to football and games discussion. Quite a poor score, but I’m sure he doesn’t really care.
Ben. (3858) ― 4.78 » Seems to have stopped posting over the last month or so, but will hopefully come back to see his low score and do his best to improve it over the course of the year. Perhaps self-employment got too much for Ben, who was mostly seen in the Jobs and Wrestling threads. Maybe his should change his username to Barry Horowitz?
Bernanke (58594) ― 6.50 » I have a lot of time for this guy, and I believe his excellent score is highly-deserved. I may be biased due to our interests regularly overlapping, but that shouldn’t take anything away from his 6.50. Well clued up on current affairs, as well as being interested in good music and films, makes him a well-rounded contributor. Recently went a bit Pokémon crazy, but can be forgiven for that because it is pretty good.
Benny (13263) ― 8.08 » Technically came joint third in the final rankings, which is definitely something to be proud of. Known mostly for his hilarious Photoshops - including the never-tiresome use of a very unflattering photo of fellow-member, Lofty - he is a member thought of fondly by the majority of the community, and is thoroughly deserving of his excellent 8.08.
Big T (2618) ― 4.50 » Following a mini-meltdown in the Relationship thread back in January, he has seemingly left TTH in a fit of rage, possibly never to post again. With a low score, I’d be surprised if many members missed him as a poster.
BjornZ (4701) ― 4.14 » A fine contributor to all-things Pokémon, but relatively unknown outside of Johto. Retired to the FM section late last year, but hasn’t been around to post at all in 2014. A low score, which could be improved if he returns to post in the future.
Bosanac (112849) ― 2.92 » A desperately low score for someone who was seen as either a previous member back to right previous wrong-doings, or simply someone pretending to be someone else and copying his posts from elsewhere on the internet. Either way, he’s gone now and with a 2.92 score, won’t be welcomed back anytime soon.
Boom-Boom (22976) ― 3.60 » Another low score, this time for someone who hardly ventures out of the Fitness thread. Seems to have been around a while but not interested in discussing anything beyond his health and fitness, which he does so with some good contributions.
Boydy (1118) ― 6.25 » A decent score for someone who rarely posts. Has a keen interest in current affairs, and chips in expansively albeit sporadically in the Uni thread. A score to be proud of.
Bulfin (20211) ― 5.33 » Mostly posts in the FM and Gamezine sections, but occasionally rears his head in TTH. Quite a decent score considering he rarely ventures into TTH.
Byron (25232) ― 7.31 » An excellent score for an excellent well-rounded poster, mostly known for getting involved in football discussion, which is obviously a good foundation when posting on a Football Manager forum.
Calcot (66250) ― 6.00 » Hasn’t posted since summer 2013, and even before that he rarely contributed. Possibly could have been left off the list and has done well to get a 6.00 score.
Captain Trips (96901) ― 5.33 » One of few American based posters, who has come out of MVIC 2013 with a decent score but can definitely be improved upon. An all-round contributor, although often chastised by his peers for reasons unknown to myself. On a steady incline at the moment, which will hopefully continue in the future.
Challenger (334) ― 4.90 » Pops up now and then to add some uninterested comment and then falls back into the darkness. Or, more accurately, wanders back to the FM section where his contributions are somewhat better thought out. I feel his score reflects this, but he shan’t be too caring.
chaodck (27553) ― 6.50 » A good score from TTH’s Best Newbie, although had a recent fail in the funny pictures thread. Having taken some time out to recuperate, hopefully he can continue where he was before that and come through as a consistently good poster and welcomed graduate from the FM sections.
Charlie (9415) ― 5.86 » A low score, but voting took place just before he really found himself as a poster and funny thread starter. Posting mostly about his life in Taipei, posters seem to warm to his mishaps, such as accident causing treachery and bothersome neighbours whom he seems to be getting back at by borrowing a dog from a charity. It all reads like an as-yet unpublished Mr Gum book, which is definitely a good thing. I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels his score ought to be higher.
Chinny Hill (171) ― 3.58 » The man who introduced me to fantasy cricket is unfortunately the man who hopes to introduce the North West of England to the views of the UKIP political party. Often disagreed with on his views, not just politically, a score of 3.58 is somewhat forgiving.
Chris (54262) ― 5.71 » Wannabe footballer and keen FM player who ought to be proud of his score, considering his posting rage is rather limited to the two aforementioned facts. Obviously well-received in threads involving those two subjects though, and can be proud of his score.
Chrissy (33053) ― 4.71 » Barely understandable by the majority of TTH when he performs his live stand-up routine who’s written word isn’t much better received by his peers either. Will probably be disappointed in his score but will no doubt strive to appear more funny in the future.
CJ (17985) ― 6.00 » Posts well in the football topics, hip-hop thread and a big fan of the Werewolf games. 6.0 is a decent score but personally I think he deserves slightly higher.
corduroy (1121) ― 7.00 » Seems to be good at FIFA and is a big fan of cricket. What’s not to like? His score certainly reflects his popularity in the community.
Coyote of the Sea (19220) ― 5.38 » Seems to be around a lot but doesn’t post as often as I feel he could, going off his presumably large amount of interests. Ought to be a little disappointed with his score but there’s definitely room for improvement.
dancemag (42370) ― 5.70 » Often spotted in the Liverpool thread and makes some good posts. Posts sparingly elsewhere, which makes his score quite commendable.
Danny (174) ― 5.78 » Failed footballer turned coach, as far as I’m aware. Contributes well in all topics relating to this and really should have scored higher, in my opinion.
Dark Soldier (12740) ― 7.67 » His score is good and worthy of an Oscar nomination for this movie buff with lots to offer all over the board. Well respected by his peers despite his rumoured previously peculiar posting, and a good member to have around. A solid score, well-deserved.
Davgooner (94) ― 7.46 » Back to back good scores, this time for the big Arsenal fan affectionately known as Dave. Often called upon to turn up in his van to sort things out, I feel his score indicates a good success rate in his unreported arrivals at the requested destinations. Another long-time member who does occasionally show glimpses of being fed up of the place, but keeps coming back, hence his good score.
delakingois (14091) ― 5.36 » Self-assigned smart guy who has gone from posting sporadically to not at all. Has done well to score a 5.36 despite not being present.
Demerit (436) ― 6.20 » Seems a decent guy who is happy to get involved in discussions and willing to help out when called upon regarding anything to do with estate agencies.
diljeet (4097) ― 4.08 » Doesn’t interact with anyone, which is a strange way to approach posting on an internet messageboard and has unsurprisingly left him with a low score.
Dj_Luca (8226) ― 5.86 » Hailed as the second coming of Christ by some, and forgotten by others. An unsturdy balance between TTH’s answer to Luis Suarez and a poor man’s Freddy Eastwood, has resulted in an unexpected score of sub 6.00.
dquincy (429) ― 5.22 » Seems to do his best to make as little impact as possible on the history of TTH, and his score supports this theory.
Eazy-Duz-It (62045) ― 5.50 » Has spurts of posting lots and contributing well, before stopping almost-completely for long spells and by the time he comes back to post again, people forget he ever existed. Was also chased out of the hip-hop thread long ago and thankfully never tried to make a return.
edu1878 (113501) ― 2.40 » A poor score for someone who started his TTH life so well but has since fallen off the radar.
eltharion_doa (261) ― 6.50 » A huge reputation follows him about – presumably from being around for a long time - regardless of how he posts now. Although always lengthy and full of good and well-made points, his posts are too infrequent to keep him battling with the big guns.
Empty Eightysix (131) ― 4.63 » Has disappeared entirely, after seemingly giving up on TTH and going back to the foreign speaking parts and has since stopped altogether. A score he’ll probably never know he received.
Fandan (277) ― 5.33 » His posts seem to carry an aura of negativity, which probably comes from being a Rangers fan living in Scotland. All that can perhaps be forgiven, but that doesn’t make his 5.33 score look any better.
Five Time (121269) ― 6.38 » The spinaroonie endorsement alone deserves a score over a six, and he’s smashed that out the park with a very good score. Not bad for someone who hardly posts, end even then barely outside of the wrestling thread.
Flashy (76545) ― 2.14 » TTH’s very own José Mestre has finished bottom of the pile, with a disappointingly low score of 2.14. C’mon, son.
Foe (712) ― 5.62 » Travelled all the way from Scotland to for the latest meet and all he gets is a 5.62? That’s gratitude for you. Seems to have a good time doing whatever he does and no doubt scoring below a six won’t dishearten him in the slightest.
FrancisWalsh (25483) ― 5.90 » So close to a six but just missed out. I noticed him mostly in the threads about drinking but wherever else he goes seems to have rewarded him with a decent score.
Fry Crayola (33) ― 7.00 » Has very specific hobbies and his posts seem to only include such interests, but he does a good job of contributing and if it wasn’t for him the Gamezine section would be a lot quieter. Deserving of his 7.00 rating, without a doubt.
Gil (7061) ― 6.50 » TTH’s go to man for French football, if I’m not mistaken. Has a good amount of knowledge for quite a few things, but definitely singled out when it comes to finding out if Pardew’s latest transfer targets are worthy of a black and white stripy shirt.
Guido (9) ― 5.60 » Does very well in the FM section, where he is seen as a sort of team captain and relied upon for any breaking news in the world of Football Manager. In TTH he is mostly overlooked and his score reflects his lack of effort in contributing outside of game stuff.
Hammerstein (7952) ― 5.92 » Ranked alright as a somewhat newbie to posting, despite his join date suggesting he’s been around much longer. Unlucky to have fallen short of a six but it’s still early days so plenty of time to bump it up.
Harold Flair (96) ― 4.54 » I find it strange he continues to post given is direct dislike for so many of his fellow members here, although he does his best to claim otherwise. Sees himself as the official authority and does he best to get others to raise to his bait, often succeeding. Still, a poor score and could do much better.
Henry (45) ― 5.64 » One of those type of people who is quite unwilling to change his opinion, regardless of information provided, and also likes to pretend he doesn’t quite get comments if they’re said in jest or presented badly. Quite a low score for someone who backs himself quite highly.
Hfswjyr (14289) ― 5.44 » Username alone ought to deduct him a couple of points off his score, which is something he’s no doubt been told before. Does well in the cricket thread though, and is a poster who doesn’t shy away from publicly commending his peers for their comments, rather than doing it in secret through the rep system. Deserves higher but can still be proud of his score.
hydrocephalus (113307) ― 6.09 » Changed his name solely to lose any association with a hideous post in the Shameful Lustage thread, which is quite a bold statement. The name change seems to have helped too because no lover of dog-faced mutants could ever score a 6.09.
iamhollywood (47940) ― 2.83 » Was reasonably prominent in TTH when this list was created but has since gone back to the FM sections and probably couldn’t care less about his low score.
Ian (783) ― 7.85 » Fourth placed Ian just missed out on a podium finish but still ought to be proud considering he had some considerable heavyweights ahead of him. Not many would have tipped Ian to finish with such a score but he’s defied any doubters and continues to contribute good posts throughout the board.
igor_balis (13392) ― 4.14 » The highlight of his posting career was getting a night job restocking shelves at Tesco, and offering to take me to a night club in what would have been TTH’s most nondescript Meet to date. Unfortunately the meet never happened and the 4.14 score is all he has to show for his hospitality.
IJ (106) ― 5.11 » An administrator who no longer visits TTH, instead sticking to sharing his FM tactical knowledge elsewhere on the board.
Il Fuce (550) ― 5.54 » His posts are few and far between, but seems really into FM14 so I assume he’s away playing that. Not a bad score, all things considered.
ItalAussie (255) ― 6.93 » A good score, for sure, but could have expected to at least break the 7.00 boundary. Going off his post count, he seems to have cooled down his posting in the past year or so, but is still held in high regard by other long-term members.
Jimmy Floyd (90) ― 8.14 » Runner-up and a good score to do it with. The globally trusted Chelsea fan, with a love for all things black and powerful, is a solid contributor who gets involved in all manner of discussion. Obviously greeted with appreciation from his peers, and long may it continue.
John (39) ― 7.69 » An excellent score from the administrator often likened to the love it or hate it tag made famous by Marmite. Honestly, I rarely see him post but he’s obviously doing something right. Unless people feared their votes would be made public (they won’t be) and didn’t want John’s Mjölnir to come crashing down on them.
John_Arne (9560) ― 6.09 » Spreadsheet guru and well-rounded poster who has been on steady rise since I first noticed him. His score reflects this and hopefully he continues to post as I feel he brings a lot to the forum.
Jonny (309) ― 5.00 » The majority of his posts are running commentary in the weekly football threads, but he occasionally chips in elsewhere. Will need to make more of an effort in other threads if he wants to score higher than a 5.00 in future.
JordInc. (7039) ― 4.67 » Rumoured dead, or disinterested in The Dugout out least, and there’s no signs of a welcomed return. The low score suggests the board is fine without him anyway.
Kikó (43) ― 7.75 » A mainstay in TTH’s history and a present day leader among men, often the first in line to rally his peers to progress and better themselves. Seemed to single-handedly orchestrate the recent Meet after a slight suggestion from Raoul Duke, and it turned out to be a belter of a plan, if the stories are to be believed. Unfortunate not to score higher, which is a bold statement considering he got a 7.75.
King_Wazza (112291) ― 4.10 » He came, spouted rubbish about David Moyes, failed to be accepted in the UFC crew’s discussions and then left with his tail between his legs. Low score but nice try.
kizmarlo (86969) ― 6.00 » A good score from a relative underdog who seems to have disappeared lately. Will hopefully come back because he ought to be mighty proud of a 6.00.
kweli/ (13984) ― 4.29 » He’s gone, and has been gone since Summer 2013.
lachlan43 (1530) ― 4.43 » Seems pretty friendly with fellow-Aussie Apples, but has scored quite a bit lower than him. Understandable considering he’s nowhere near as active.
Laurent Robert (67125) ― 7.42 » A good score from one of the most liked members of the board, in my opinion. Was present at the Meet, which is always a good way to get people to like you, and posts well in all the threads he visits.
Ledley (185) ― 5.60 » Hasn’t posted this year, after a public fallout with the latest version of FM14. Hopefully he’s still alive and well, and has finally managed win a game.
Lee (149) ― 4.40 » Used to post a lot about FIFA but hasn’t posted in a while. May be mistaken for the Lee below but his score suggests otherwise.
LeeCovFox (20307) ― 7.62 » A fine score from a fine poster, most often noticed by myself in the Job thread. A well-rounded poster with a good interest in football, which is always good to see from a fan of a team not in the top league.
LeedsRevolution (28239) ― 3.75 » He’s probably better than this score suggests, but maybe not by much as he often seems to post without thinking.
Lemmo (4353) ― 4.43 » Does well in any football discussion and may feel a little hard done to with this low score.
Lewis (7387) ― 8.36 » The winner! Well, joint-winner with Yevrah. But still, well done Lewis on finishing above all your peers with a grand score of 8.36. Consistently voted for as TTH’s Best Member by his fellow-members, who seemingly take his sarcastic jibes, and cynical outlook with nothing but affection and appreciation. Never one to shy away from sharing his constantly amusing disparaging views on the world, particularly Great Britain, really helps us get to know him as a person and appreciate him as a member of the community.
Lofty (12089) ― 7.00 » Known not only for his amusing rollercoaster photo, mainly thanks to third-placed Benny, but also for attempting a disgusting eating challenge and for an even more disgusting photo of a turd the size of Margo Dydek. Still, a good score and something to be proud of.
Luke13291 (58142) ― 2.80 » His last post was at the turn of the year where he admitted he was a fatty, and then was too embarrassed to ever log in again. He won’t be tipping the scales with this poor score, at least.
Luke Emia (5125) ― 4.14 » Has been posting a lot more lately but it’s too late to save the score, I’m afraid. Keep it up from now and next time may be another story though.
Luther Blissett (267) ― 5.14 » Trades good banter with other memebers and contributes well in the Film thread. May feel he deserves a slightly higher score than this.
lynskey (15983) ― 4.71 » Used to contribute well to the Betting and Music threads but has recently stopped posting. Hopefully he’ll come back because his posts were often good, despite his low score.
m1j1browning (7196) ― 6.90 » Brilliant in the Pokémon thread but a bit of a non-starter elsewhere. Still has a great score though and should be chuffed with it.
Magic (5116) ― 3.13 » Opnely admitted that he just visits this place every few months and searches for his username to see if he’s missed. Going off the score, he’s not missed at all. No doubt this will come up in his search in a few months.
Mahow (5777) ― 7.08 » May never live down the creepy Christmas gift he decided to send a girl he knew from his college, but the postcount king has pulled through with a good score here. May get his wish of Facebook friend request sooner than he thinks.
manc sean (426) ― 4.20 » United fan who used to go balls-deep in any football discussion but has been away for some time now. This low score will hardly influence him to come back but I hope he does.
Mark (1) ― 3.86 » Admin and owner of the board who is never around. Please at least come back to update the forum software, sir.
MartinSAFC (209) ― 6.27 » Doesn’t seem interested in discussing anything other than football, but when he does talk about that he does it very well. A good score and really ought to post more for the good of the board.
Max Power (71) ― 6.33 » Can be found in the Cricket and Trivia threads, and that’s about it really. Those have enough of a following to give him a return of a really good score though, so well done.
Mazuuurk (1693) ― 6.08 » A good poster in Gamezine and also in a few threads in TTH. Full deserving of his score; could even be a little higher.
Mellin (258) ― 7.15 » Contibutes a lot to Aston Villa based discussion, despite seemingly admitting defeat in his team ever being that good, and is also held in high regard among his peers, which is reflected in his score.
mf phonics (3038) ― 5.62 » Shares music I’d otherwise never have heard in the hip-hop thread, which is a personal reason to like him, and it’s not a bad score really. Seems to wind a few members up.
Mike (183) ― 5.40 » Posts mostly in the job thread to fill everyone else with envy, as they’ve been slugging away at a keyboard and staring at a spreadsheet from nine til half five, while he’s been wandering around a park eating ice-cream with a special needs child. And getting paid for it, unlike the unreported time when Captain Trips took Spoosnky to watch a soccer game. Not a bad score but could be improved with a more conscious effort to contribute elsewhere.
millsybeast (23535) ― 4.00 » Excels in the Pokémon thread, and does well in the Wrestling thread. Perhaps these are too much of a niche to garner bigger numbers in the votes, but hopefully his relatively low score doesn’t deter him from posting.
Minister De la Funk (52) ― 6.25 » My favourite one-line poster, who occsionaly pops up out of nowhere and lays down a quip that we were all trying to think of but just couldn’t formulate a hysterical sentence in our heads. Thanks for doing the hard work for us, and well done on breaking the 6.00 barrier.
Miroc (25463) ― 3.50 » A decent poster with a wide range of interests, who really deserves a higher score than this.
MokBull (44984) ― 2.75 » Another sporadic poster who gets a bit of stick off others for something that happened before my time, but is probably deserving of his low score.
morris0n (25408) ― 2.67 » Has a bit of a strange posting style but I feel his contributions in the foreign football discussions are worthy of a far higher score than 2.67. Should feel very hard done to, here.
MsmithS (62658) ― 5.00 » Hasn’t posted in almost a year so hasn’t really done too badly to get a five.
Multi (17142) ― 6.42 » An good poster who does well to contribute in many threads covering varying subjects, meaning he must cross paths with almost everyone. Has scored very well but I still feel he deserves an even higher score.
newschooldevil (39177) ― 4.86 » Relatively well known in the FM sections but does a good job of (seemingly intentionally) keeping a low profile in TTH, despite some excellent contributions in the hip-hop thread. This has led to a relatively poor score from one of the members I hold in the highest regard.
Nick (9355) ― 6.67 » More active in the FM sections but has done well to score so well in the TTH section too.
nickfootie5 (5174) ― 6.73 » Happy to discuss football, particularly Chelsea, and hopefully also happy with his good score.
Nik* (61) ― 6.50 » Does well in the Job thread and Gamezine section. His posts elsewhere are also often very funny so hopefully he continues to post more, as it’s a score to be proud of.
niko_cee (252) ― 7.00 » A solid rating for a solid poster, who offers lots of input in lots of threads, especially when discussing Liverpool.
nobody0211 (115861) ― 2.40 » Started the year with a bang, posting-wise, but has since stopped and gone elsewhere. Hopefully he comes back because he started pretty well, despite his poor score.
nottm_forest (2740) ― 3.83 » Seems to browse more than he posts, but when he does contribute it’s always useful and informative, especially in the football threads. Deserves a higher score really but maybe this will encourage him to post a bit more.
Obamert (3521) ― 2.71 » Even for him this is a shockingly low score, which highlights the all-or-nothing attitude taken up by the voters. Still, he’s in a fanastic fraternity at Duke with lots of sloots juicing at the lips just from seeing him, so he’s probably not fussed.
Offshore Toon (6349) ― 6.15 » I’m surprised he only scored a 6.15 considering how well-rounded his interests are and how well-received he seems to be by the majority of TTH. I’m sure he won’t let it bother him too much though, so long as Girl doesn’t find out.
Okay_Amigo (7795) ― 5.85 » Seems to post most in the international football threads, but overall is well liked and fully-deserving of his decent score. Some may have expected him to at least score a six, however.
OmicronPersei8 (6535) ― 3.71 » At one point he was king of the Betting thread but has since disappeared, presumably with millions of pounds of winnings, and left us behind.
P_3 (33406) ― 5.42 » Currently on his way to winning yet another TD Championship, he also gets involved a little bit on TTH. If he posted as well as he does in the Pokémon thread in the rest of TTH, no doubt he could get an even better score.
One_Keaneo (5849) ― 3.40 » Hasn’t posted since we all got new calendars, and even before then it was few and far between.
Only1FilipSebo (8965) ― 3.57 » The Scottish Independence spokesman for TTH, who has taken a bit of stick over it but still keeps his head held high. A good contributor in football talk, particularly on an international level, but that wasn’t enough to save his score.
Pabmania D_D (344) ― 5.00 » Hasn’t posted for almost a year.
Palace15 (83435) ― 6.00 » A big Crystal Palace fan who seems very interested in discussing football, which is great for TTH. A decent score and he could even improve on it in the future.
Palmer. (339) ― 6.00 » Posts consistently without conflict, and seems to be happy to carry on doing so. A good score, and hopefully he will continue his great contributions in the Non-League football discussions.
Panda Bear (722) ― 5.79 » Surprisingly didn’t score higher, but seems to be very much a poster living off previous history. Obviously that doesn’t cut it and must up his present-day game if he wants to get above a six in future.
Patje (746) ― 5.22 » One of the Benelux crew who made his way over successfully to TTH. Used to be very good in the Gamezine section but is currently in a state of hiatus with no estimated return date.
Pen (8912) ― 7.00 » Well-liked by his peers and always good for discussion on pretty much anything. Will no doubt be pleased with his score.
Pepe (8373) ― 7.77 » Unsurprisingly a high scorer and has been unfortunate to miss out on a top three finish, but hopefully won’t let that affect any future posts.
Pleb (7504) ― 5.20 » Only ever really spotted in the Wrestling thread, although is also a keen player of the Werewolf games. A low rating, but could be a lot higher if he continued his vigour for posting about wrestling in threads about other topics.
Pokerface (44498) ― 5.33 » His name always gets brought up when there’s talk of someone lying about something. Has disappeared now anyway so we needn’t worry who he really is.
Prescott (7426) ― 5.33 » A wrestling fan who also throws his two pennies into the odd football discussion. It’s a good base for what could become a much better poster, and an okay score to go with it.
Queenslander (1979) ― 5.00 » Used to only post about cricket. Now he doesn’t post about anything.
Raikyn (264) ― 4.57 » No longer posts.
Randomlegend (5516) ― 6.00 » Gets a fair bit of stick but gives as good as he gets and nobody ever seems to take offence so it’s all good, and add to that a good score and we’re all happy friends.
Randy Marsh (62646) ― 4.20 » Rarely posts and when he does it’s hardly memorable so perhaps a suitable score, as harsh as that may sound.
Raoul Duke (2701) ― 6.83 » Seemed to get the ball rolling for the Meet, and it all went swimmingly. A good poster who’s happy to share information about his successful working life as a human operating system and no doubt one day he’ll be too well-known on the internet to bother with TTH. Enjoy him while he’s still here! Good score, man.
Regista (77885) ― 5.56 » Really finding his feet as of late but still quite undervalued as a poster. If he continues in the same manner there’s no reason why he can’t change the first five to a six in future, but still should be happy with his score.
Reiver (28917) ― 5.91 » Doesn’t really post all that much but keeps coming back so I imagine he’s more of a browser than a contributor, despite his relatively decent score.
reviL (38830) ― 3.86 » I only ever really see him in the Trivia thread, and even then it’s very briefly because it’s a fast-paced discussion. Could easily improve his score if he wishes so.
rich12 (330) ― 4.63 » Only seems to chat about FIFA and hockey, so not really much to go on.
Richie (1504) ― 5.13 » For a while I believe there were strong rumours that he’d passed away. Hopefully this isn’t the case, but he hasn’t posted for over a year.
Rocchi (18828) ― 5.13 » Does alright and seems keen to discuss football, no matter the subject. May be a little disappointed with his score, as I believe he deserves at least a little higher.
Sammad (6136) ― 4.17 » I’m not sure if this is the same poster as Laurent Robert? Poor score anyway.
Samoth (14215) ― 4.90 » Another consistent contributor who covers a wealth of subjects, who may well be surprised not to have scored any higher.
Sandman (294) ― 5.10 » Seems to have left TTH now, having not posted since the Summer.
ScousePig (393) ― 7.08 » Posts a lot and gets involved without being provocative in the slightest, which is reflected in his very good score.
SeniorGuvnor (13) ― 5.64 » Only seems to post about football and even then it’s few and far between.
sergeantdisco (592) ― 7.00 » Posts well in Gamezine and always raises a smile in TTH, hence his good score, but really should post more.
SerjTankian (3072) ― 5.14 » TTH’s highest ranking (and only?) Austrian member isn’t around nearly as much as he used to be. Could score a lot higher if posted more.
Serpent Gazeux (2827) ― 7.64 » Despite being fooled (thedugout.tv/community/showpost.php?p=4084175&postcount=68) by The Reid’s aforementioned public-outing, he does a good job of keeping activity booming and makes a lot of threads where many members get involved, such as the ongoing Werewolf games and the previous Awards. A very good score, which is well-deserved.
Shindig (40) ― 7.00 » An amusing poster with a witty outlook on life. Seems to have been around a while and has earned the respect of many of his fellow members, which is reflected in his score.
Simon. (13639) ― 7.25 » TTH’s resident LAD who does well to brush off similar remarks and keep posting well without ever falling foul of a public seethe. A very good score from the one often referred to as Draper by the joint-winner.
SincereTheRebel (62331) ― 7.31 » The ebony don of TTH who’s greatness isn’t limited to his would-be boring spider videos if it wasn’t for the Brummy Rastafarian voice-over, meeting Taz in a culmination of all things tremendous, or just by being an complete nice guy with lots to offer to the board. Keep up the good work, Sincere, and well done on you 7.31 score.
Sir David Beckham OBE (7394) ― 2.40 » Predicted to do badly and so used as the example member in the instructional video to avoid any claims of favouritism, who has now finished joint-second to last, beating only Flashy in the process. For someone who only seems to post pictures of David Beckham, it’s quite a generous score.
sirannon (7896) ― 3.00 » Has been gone for almost a year.
Smiff (38) ― 5.31 » Still with us and hopefully well past his gloomier days, although who may be sent back into despair with what he may consider a score not worth living with. When compared to some of the other scores, 5.31 isn’t actually that bad, so keep smiling, champ.
Snapman (66) ― 6.64 » Unashamedly one of my favourite members, who has come out of this with a decent score and I’m proud that it isn’t much higher than my own. His amusing film reviews and intriguing taste in music have helped him become a well-liked member of the forum. Could be a good horse to back in the next Awards.
Snazz (135063) ― 6.33 » Me. I’m quite happy with a 6.33, considering I stay away from all football threads until after I’ve seen the highlights of all the games I’m interested in, and most of the time I browse I’m not even logged in to contribute anyway. However, I hope my next planned TTH Project® can drum up a bit of fuss and help me on my journey to having as many green squares under my name as possible.
Spav (247) ― 5.46 » Known outside of TTH for his longstanding commitment to the Dugout FC in TMD, and known inside it as the oldest man on the internet. Posts very positively though, an ongoing theme among the Australian lot it seems, and does well to get along nicely with practically everyone. I’m surprised he didn’t score higher.
Spikey M (1389) ― 6.90 » Hasn’t posted since the Summer so has done incredible to record such a score; obviously living off former glory from before my time.
SpokesmaN (116) ― 5.64 » Still not fully recovered from Poppygate (thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?p=4060045&highlight=poppy#post4060045) and research suggests he has previous (thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?p=3372178&highlight=poppy#post3372178) too, quite amusingly. I strongly believe he deserves a higher score but I guess the blasé manner in which he approaches posting doesn’t help his cause.
Spoonsky (44056) ― 7.00 » One of the youngest here, which often startles me given some of the language used, but does well to fit in and although the running commentary of his life can wear a little thin, his score suggests the majority are quite the fan of him and his posting style.
spurs-r-us (24614) ― 3.40 » Used to post in the Uni thread but has since given up on TTH, which his score reflects.
SvN (7831) ― 6.50 » A good contributor and a really likeable chap too, so no surprise at his good score.
Taz (4517) ― 7.71 » Was probably one of the favourites to finish on top, and didn’t come far off either. Has a wealth of knowledge on a broad range of subjects (driving safely not being one of them) and is always happy to contribute whenever possible. Seems omnipresent too, always here and posting in threads about everything, which definitely helps achieve such a high score.
TG (42) ― 4.63 » Pops up occasionally with a post and then flutters away, uninterested in any responses. A good way to approach life, I guess, but it leads to a low score and poor recognition from the community.
The Bruce (3024) ― 5.50 » His posts in TTH are solely about American football, which makes it hard for him to really get a better score than he has.
Thecottage (50276) ― 4.00 » Posts mostly in the FM section and even then it’s rarely.
The Merse (35736) ― 6.30 » A good score from someone who tries to contribute as often as possible, and deserving of his decent score.
The Reid (204) ― 4.70 » Beyond his tame effort to wrongly out me as a duplicate account of another member, he doesn’t seem to post outside of the cricket threads. A score of 4.70 certainly reflects this somewhat anonymity, although I’m sure he was removed from the fantasy football by someone as one week he was among the title-chasers and now he’s nowhere to be seen.
theo (7145) ― 3.50 » Hasn’t posted in well over a year. Safe to say he’s gone.
TimR (26638) ― 3.71 » Posts are few and far between, and always about football. If they were more frequent I’ve no doubt he’d score higher, but it wasn’t meant to be this time around.
7om (96255) ― 7.31 » Hasn’t been around much longer than me but has already established himself as one of the heavy hitters, included getting himself a seat at the main table at the Awards ceremony. Has done well and deserves this good score.
Toby (6704) ― 7.25 » Another good all-rounder with a high score to match his posting skills, which more than reflects how well thought of he is by others. Doesn’t show any signs of deterioration either so the future’s bright for Toby and TTH collectively.
Tommo (56466) ― 5.89 » Only really posts in the FM sections now but has a good score regardless.
Townsend (64882) ― 6.09 » A well-rounded poster who doesn’t shy away from getting stuck into any old discussion. Came from the FM sections too so had plenty of background knowledge on the board, which has helped him get a good score here.
Trancemeister (32) ― 5.33 » Another good contributor, whether it be about ice hockey, football, music or pretty much anything.
Trent (361) ― 3.33 » Had a brief flirt with us last year but has since gone back to discussing strictly Football Manager so won’t be bothered by his poor score, albeit recurring.
TTGB (35) ― 5.00 » Only really posts about FIFA, which is going to be detrimental to anyone’s score so has done well to even get a five.
Tubes (7032) ― 5.50 » Does well in Gamezine and any fan of Pokémon is a friend of mine. Also likes to chat about music, which there really isn’t enough of on here.
Utotri (126) ― 4.56 » Foreigner who ventured into TTH to talk about the Winter Olympics but has gone back to his Dutch chums now. Deserved a higher score, really.
Vercetti (157) ― 7.25 » Never posts more than a line at a time, but is generally liked by the majority and the board is a more pleasant place to read with him around. Unsurprisingly scored well.
Vim (58952) ― 6.69 » Very knowledgeable in Italian football and has recently made a big impact in the Uni thread.
Viru (82) ― 4.88 » Seemingly had a name change but was pleased to be included in this. Unfortunately he hasn’t scored too great; must improve.
Waffelz (79289) ― 6.25 » Posts in a variety of threads and in large volume too, which is surely a key factor in his good score. Still relatively young, although you wouldn’t know that from his posts.
Weaver (63178) ― 6.00 » A solid contributor, albeit mostly about wrestling, who seems to enjoy his time on TTH without ever really sharing too much. Very deserving of his six.
Wullie (1415) ― 8.08 » Heartbreaking for some, who may feel Oor Wullie deserves a higher score and therefore a higher ranking, but joint-third place is nothing to be disappointed by. A consistent funny-man, a good contributor, and easily one of the most quick-witted among us - so much so that he makes Chrissy’s stand-up videos comparable to an episode of Ironside.
Yevrah (636) ― 8.36 » Joint winner with TTH’s Best Member, Lewis, and a fantastic score of 8.36. A good thread starter and enthusiastic contributor to varying degrees of discussions, with a wide range of knowledge on many-a-subject. Used to finishing on top, being a United fan and all, but now it looks like he’s outdoing his team, may have to change allegiances to City. Well done on the top score, at least.
Zimidy (37808) ― 5.21 » Last on the list but certainly not bottom of the league. Has rubbed people up the wrong way in the past but has enough friends on the board to prevent his score from being shamefully low.

And here’s everyone who scored 7.00 or above:

http://i.imgur.com/ln0VQ74.png

Thanks to everyone who voted, and well done to Lewis and Yevrah. Hopefully if I do this again in 2014 more people will vote and the list will be a little shorter to remove all those who no longer post.

Fuck me Snazz had a lot of time on his hands. Here's the complete spreadsheet (https://ufile.io/y1svp) too.

Lewis
07-12-2017, 03:19 PM
Not sure what I was remembering, but the titles still stand.

Pleb
07-12-2017, 03:20 PM
I was about to say how the fuck I got 5.30 but I was mainly a lurker back then.

phonics
07-12-2017, 03:22 PM
5.6? Fucking disgrace. I should have let this place die.

Sir Andy Mahowry
Over 7? All downhill since then though :(

Baz
Get the lad back to do another.

Lewis
07-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Leopold Samsonite > *

Pepe
07-12-2017, 03:31 PM
I made the top five. :cool:

Pepe
Benny doesn't belong in there though.

randomlegend
6 :cool:

Probably my peak as well.

Pepe
07-12-2017, 03:33 PM
Magic ― 3.13

:harold:

Spikey M
07-12-2017, 03:34 PM
6.9 despite not posting.

I won the fucking board Lewis. I did.

Giggles
07-12-2017, 03:34 PM
I can hardly remember that at all.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-12-2017, 03:36 PM
Lower than Boom, Chinny and Diljeet?

Christ.

Magic
07-12-2017, 04:56 PM
What a fucking COMEBACK. :drool:

Ian
07-12-2017, 06:01 PM
Fucking hell, I was 6th? I hope we had a healthy state fornthe board thread on the go at the time.

Offshore Toon
07-12-2017, 06:18 PM
The amount of nice but boring nonces on that list is criminal.

Also, did your memory just fail, Lewis? Better write the TTH history before the dementia really kicks in.

igor_balis
07-12-2017, 06:24 PM
4.14 is well rubbish, can someone do it again now i'm a slightly less shit poster

Reg
07-12-2017, 06:27 PM
:D

Quite a few in that list who never or rarely post now.

Baz
07-12-2017, 07:15 PM
4.14 is well rubbish, can someone do it again now i'm a slightly less shit posterNobody would bother filling it in, despite being keen to see their ratings.

SHAME ON YOU ALL.

igor_balis
07-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Nobody would bother filling it in, despite being keen to see their ratings.

SHAME ON YOU ALL.

wdytoe - open thread, ctrl+f, igor, leave thread

McAvennie
07-12-2017, 07:32 PM
3.5 man I was solidly lurking back then too

Dark Soldier
07-12-2017, 08:01 PM
This was after reading a thread called ’I’m meeting a transsexual’.

That was a belter, wound Harold up beautifully.

2000 was the birth of the board, nothing much of note happened bar a user called Snazz/Snozz/I forget but it began with an 'Sn' going full gimp mode during the Euro 2000 thread, the Dutchies in Mark, Brighton and couple of others I forget getting awfully excited over Holland beating France and then the win over the Yugoslavs before it all crashed with a big thump, and Thurm told Mark to die in a yachting accident. Poplexter, Meej, Oimoi, SG and others ran the show. The majority were absolute fuckwits.

2001 was more of the same, you could change your username whenever you want so it was a constant state of confusion. Brighton labelled as a paedo sexpest (things never changed). The rise of Pabs pushing every single thing to the absolute extreme. I believe this was the year he made the thread with a title kinda like "I've got a new girlfriend!" only for you to open the thread to find it was a stock image of a baby. He sunk to lower depths than that in the coming years. Oimoi was the don, as was DC. GR crew incredibly cliquey already, and those who joined thereafter were basically pondlife to them unless you 'got' their utterly fuckwitted in-jokes. They had the penchant for gold though. Brighton posts selfie of he and Mark in their 'video shop' with Brighton wearing the most disgustingly bright shirt known to man. Everyone took the piss, some were banned for a while. WWW, Me, DC and a few others discuss the merits of wibble/wobble on CM01/02 and basically create the thing. Pabs creates a tactic with all players down the left and right flanks and no GK and fools half the board into using it.

2002 DC Times was published a work of fantastic fiction that included most prominent board members in fake news stories. Genuinely well written. SG was now writing paragraphs about pop culture and was the self-proclaimed football expert. Used to regale us with tales of ringing radio talkshows (think it was pre-Talksport fuck knows). Nobody cared. We had a Yank as a mod in BeckhamFC9 who gave absolutely zero fucks about the role and I believe porn was quite probably spam-posted for the first time. Henry tells Baz to kill himself over Garden Soccer. Brighton reduced my post count to zero as I posted absolute nonsense. Hornet was on the rise, Bwortang was one of the founding members of team cretin, which bloomed in the summer of 2003. Pabs had gone off the deep-end and almost everything was sex based, he posted newer mugshots where he looked like a civilised paedo, and he celebrated his girlfriend's first birthday with another stock image of a small child. Henry tells Baz to kill himself over something.

2003 was the year of the alias. Mods didn't bother IP checking so it was rampant. I created Irriducibili and posted the first TTH Battle Royale. GR crew loved it, then once the realised it was me claimed to hate it all along. Team cretin in full flow, rise of Mellin, R1 and others, alongside R_A_T_M, Bwortang, me, Pabs. GR crew started to creep away to their little corner of non-nonsensical whimsy. Pabs got made mod somehow, lasted about six weeks. Managere was rampant (his profile pic was him with a grin on his mong's face as he wore his Liverpool kit). JuniorGuvnor had a spate of posting and threatened to usurp SG, then he went quiet. Most thought SG had killed him. Brighton went quieter as he focused on his 'videoshop' and the selfie of he and Mark was re-spammed to much hilarity and loads of us were banned for a while. My post-count gets reset again as I create 15 threads a day for three weeks culminating in my alphabet thread where I post a letter per post and several people tell me to kill myself, probably including Henry. Henry tells Baz to kill himself.

2004, Henry tells Baz to kill himself and posts hate comments on his Garden Soccer site. Brighton a recluse apart from showing up and making changes nobody asked for. Mark continues to post in broken English. I think Smiffy became mod for about 2 weeks before an implosion. Henry tells Baz to kill himself and to take Mike and The Reid with him. A load of new people start joining. Mellin probably punches someone. Bwortang messages me out the blue on Yahoo Chat to tell me he's moving to Birmingham to live with a woman he's never met before and he's never heard from again. R1 sends me drugs through the post. GR crew spend 99% of their time in GR. I create Hextor and GR love me, this time I didn't reveal I was Hextor. I believe Brighton closes GR and they all walk away after much, much drama (may have been 2005 for that). Then I move into a pub, take a three year plunge into fanny, alcohol and drugs, and its over to you guys.

I've missed loads, Baz and Ital might remember other moments. I mention myself a fair whack too because I remember what a prick I was. GR crew exist here, all pushing mid 40s/early 50s and making the same jokes:

http://pantfish.proboards.com/

Pleb
07-12-2017, 08:19 PM
What a time to be alive.

Dark Soldier
07-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Sadly nobody had Lewis' autist's brain from that era to remember anything, as we're all old cunts now.

Mike
07-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Was it NuKem who had the amazing Man United bedding? That still makes me laugh.

Dark Soldier
07-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Was it NuKem who had the amazing Man United bedding? That still makes me laugh.

Quite possibly. Just remembered Stimpson, what a monumental tool he was.

Pepe
07-12-2017, 08:46 PM
What was GR?

Dark Soldier
07-12-2017, 08:50 PM
Grass Roots

Samadini
07-12-2017, 09:14 PM
Think I joined a lot earlier than I realised, as I remember a lot of this. Think 01/02 led me here as it was the first link in that section on the game. Lurked for a couple of years before making 'Steven_Taylor_For_England' and shared a story about shitting my pants on the bus on a school trip.

Trancemeister
07-12-2017, 09:17 PM
That was a belter, wound Harold up beautifully.

2000 was the birth of the board, nothing much of note happened bar a user called Snazz/Snozz/I forget but it began with an 'Sn' going full gimp mode during the Euro 2000 thread, the Dutchies in Mark, Brighton and couple of others I forget getting awfully excited over Holland beating France and then the win over the Yugoslavs before it all crashed with a big thump, and Thurm told Mark to die in a yachting accident. Poplexter, Meej, Oimoi, SG and others ran the show. The majority were absolute fuckwits.

2001 was more of the same, you could change your username whenever you want so it was a constant state of confusion. Brighton labelled as a paedo sexpest (things never changed). The rise of Pabs pushing every single thing to the absolute extreme. I believe this was the year he made the thread with a title kinda like "I've got a new girlfriend!" only for you to open the thread to find it was a stock image of a baby. He sunk to lower depths than that in the coming years. Oimoi was the don, as was DC. GR crew incredibly cliquey already, and those who joined thereafter were basically pondlife to them unless you 'got' their utterly fuckwitted in-jokes. They had the penchant for gold though. Brighton posts selfie of he and Mark in their 'video shop' with Brighton wearing the most disgustingly bright shirt known to man. Everyone took the piss, some were banned for a while. WWW, Me, DC and a few others discuss the merits of wibble/wobble on CM01/02 and basically create the thing. Pabs creates a tactic with all players down the left and right flanks and no GK and fools half the board into using it.

2002 DC Times was published a work of fantastic fiction that included most prominent board members in fake news stories. Genuinely well written. SG was now writing paragraphs about pop culture and was the self-proclaimed football expert. Used to regale us with tales of ringing radio talkshows (think it was pre-Talksport fuck knows). Nobody cared. We had a Yank as a mod in BeckhamFC9 who gave absolutely zero fucks about the role and I believe porn was quite probably spam-posted for the first time. Henry tells Baz to kill himself over Garden Soccer. Brighton reduced my post count to zero as I posted absolute nonsense. Hornet was on the rise, Bwortang was one of the founding members of team cretin, which bloomed in the summer of 2003. Pabs had gone off the deep-end and almost everything was sex based, he posted newer mugshots where he looked like a civilised paedo, and he celebrated his girlfriend's first birthday with another stock image of a small child. Henry tells Baz to kill himself over something.

2003 was the year of the alias. Mods didn't bother IP checking so it was rampant. I created Irriducibili and posted the first TTH Battle Royale. GR crew loved it, then once the realised it was me claimed to hate it all along. Team cretin in full flow, rise of Mellin, R1 and others, alongside R_A_T_M, Bwortang, me, Pabs. GR crew started to creep away to their little corner of non-nonsensical whimsy. Pabs got made mod somehow, lasted about six weeks. Managere was rampant (his profile pic was him with a grin on his mong's face as he wore his Liverpool kit). JuniorGuvnor had a spate of posting and threatened to usurp SG, then he went quiet. Most thought SG had killed him. Brighton went quieter as he focused on his 'videoshop' and the selfie of he and Mark was re-spammed to much hilarity and loads of us were banned for a while. My post-count gets reset again as I create 15 threads a day for three weeks culminating in my alphabet thread where I post a letter per post and several people tell me to kill myself, probably including Henry. Henry tells Baz to kill himself.

2004, Henry tells Baz to kill himself and posts hate comments on his Garden Soccer site. Brighton a recluse apart from showing up and making changes nobody asked for. Mark continues to post in broken English. I think Smiffy became mod for about 2 weeks before an implosion. Henry tells Baz to kill himself and to take Mike and The Reid with him. A load of new people start joining. Mellin probably punches someone. Bwortang messages me out the blue on Yahoo Chat to tell me he's moving to Birmingham to live with a woman he's never met before and he's never heard from again. R1 sends me drugs through the post. GR crew spend 99% of their time in GR. I create Hextor and GR love me, this time I didn't reveal I was Hextor. I believe Brighton closes GR and they all walk away after much, much drama (may have been 2005 for that). Then I move into a pub, take a three year plunge into fanny, alcohol and drugs, and its over to you guys.

I've missed loads, Baz and Ital might remember other moments. I mention myself a fair whack too because I remember what a prick I was. GR crew exist here, all pushing mid 40s/early 50s and making the same jokes:

So much memories, so many names I haven't seen in over a decade. thank you

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-12-2017, 09:17 PM
Does it bring back memories of the gimp mask too?

Ian
07-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Think I joined a lot earlier than I realised, as I remember a lot of this. Think 01/02 led me here as it was the first link in that section on the game. Lurked for a couple of years before making 'Steven_Taylor_For_England' and shared a story about shitting my pants on the bus on a school trip.

Do you still have the picture you posted on the old board of a room where all of your furniture appeared to be cardboard boxes?

Trancemeister
07-12-2017, 09:20 PM
:sst:

Alex
07-12-2017, 09:21 PM
R1 sends me drugs through the post.

My favourite part of that (excellent) little history lesson.

I think I turned up in 2003 at some point. I mainly just mooched about in the Hip-Hop thread, which was JPA's stomping ground at the time. When did we move to the new board? 2005?

Magic
07-12-2017, 09:22 PM
2005 for me so missed all that.

Offshore Toon
07-12-2017, 09:40 PM
2005 massiv

Samadini
07-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Do you still have the picture you posted on the old board of a room where all of your furniture appeared to be cardboard boxes?

I dont, but I moved recently and finally got rid of the bedside table box and genuinely felt sad about letting it go. This is how you become a Mr Trebus.

Disco
07-12-2017, 09:44 PM
I never believed Ronan had actually done that, I wish I'd given him an address now. I wonder if he's still wasting his time in an abandoned industrial wasteland or if he just moved away from Manchester.

Dark Soldier
07-12-2017, 10:20 PM
I never believed Ronan had actually done that, I wish I'd given him an address now. I wonder if he's still wasting his time in an abandoned industrial wasteland or if he just moved away from Manchester.

I sent him a tenner in the post and a week later a tenners of hash rocked up inside an empty Oasis cassette tape box. At that point I was only just getting balls deep into it so set a lighter to it, mixed it with oil, mixed it into a yoghurt and had both the best and worst eight hours of my life.

The R1/Gary Nev thing took hold in 2003/4 I think, and he ended up going fucking ballistic. LDNT had a lot of weight behind him for some reason in the early days despite being more beige than Ian in his early years.

Drunk, Sonic Youth, JoE, Ventola, Kjac, Niobium Knight, Narcizo, that one I pretended to be on the later board when I messaged Elth on MSN Messenger and got Kiko to allow $teve after I was permabanned (they know, god bless 'em).

The tragic tale of DM, Fandan, bully who got me to finger my arse in the shower in 2006. Manc_Sean who utterly despised me and many others. Chinny.

Good times. All of its time.

Magic
07-12-2017, 10:27 PM
Alan destroyed any credibility Ronan had left (little).

Dark Soldier
07-12-2017, 10:28 PM
The greatest meltdown in TTH history from Al, top lad.

Disco
07-12-2017, 10:39 PM
Ian-gate will always be my favourite.

randomlegend
07-12-2017, 10:59 PM
LISTS! LISTS! LISTS! LISTS! LISTS! LISTS! LISTS!

I'm not doing a list

Magic
07-12-2017, 11:05 PM
You wouldn't make C before having to go and lie in a dark room.

Jimmy Floyd
07-12-2017, 11:11 PM
What was GR?

It was (or turned into, no idea how it became this way) another CM sub-forum which in theory was to do with lower league management, but in practice was those people mentioned above doing their game updates using nicknames instead of the real player names, i.e. 'Stinking Fish was signed for £100,000 and netted in the first game, but Billy McBollocks let the side down with a costly error and we drew 1-1.'

Except much more creatively than that and in a way I never understood.

Kikó
08-12-2017, 07:39 AM
I actually did a grass roots type story with Maidenhead. I think the board died and took the story with it - it was actually one of the few times I contributed to the board.

Baz
08-12-2017, 07:54 AM
Apparently I’ve got 405 posts on that GR forum. Last post: April 2008.

Offshore Toon
08-12-2017, 07:56 AM
Maybe we should try to evolve WDYTOE, since nobody gives enough of a shit to do a list?

Offshore Toon
08-12-2017, 07:59 AM
Mahow should make three-to-five threads a day with each thread based on a different poster picked at random, then we all say what we think or, more likely, roast them. That way people would contribute a lot more than they would even if they wrote a list.

Who needs a WDYTOE thread when you have a WDYTOE season?

Spikey M
08-12-2017, 08:03 AM
DS had best be continuing his History book into the days of Team Idiot. It’s my time to shine.

Ian
08-12-2017, 08:41 AM
Ian-gate will always be my favourite.

This refers to somebody else, right? I'm sure I've never had a -gate and I do recall an Ian before I was here being mentioned.

Magic
08-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Mahow should make three-to-five threads a day with each thread based on a different poster picked at random, then we all say what we think or, more likely, roast them. That way people would contribute a lot more than they would even if they wrote a list.

Who needs a WDYTOE thread when you have a WDYTOE season?

Let's roast Disco!

Ummm....?

Spikey M
08-12-2017, 09:04 AM
Proper circle crisp cunt

Spikey M
08-12-2017, 09:05 AM
This refers to somebody else, right? I'm sure I've never had a -gate and I do recall an Ian before I was here being mentioned.

For reasons unknown to me people used to call WWW Ian and he used to lose his shit.

Ian
08-12-2017, 09:06 AM
That's the one.

I knew I'd never done anything interesting enough to have a gate.

Kikó
08-12-2017, 09:51 AM
Ian hated being called Ian. He briefly (or an alias did) posted on here as WWW. The early days were strange, massively difficult place to understand and you were always on the brink of being called an alias or an idiot. The group of 15/16 year olds (like me) who joined at the end of 2002/start of 2003 probably infuriated the established group but soon it was more Coventry Dave rather than Pabs.

Some of the posters over the last 15 years that have left an impression -
Sheddy - completely mental and always on the verge of another incoherent rant.

Pabs - I actually have no clue whether he was an act or if he is now banged up in a nonce ward. He was the golden child for ages and constantly won funniest poster.

Ice Carim - fucking hell he annoyed me. He was probably the bellwether on the future of wanky football opinion and his attempt at in jokes were beyond boring.

R1 - He came into his own with the urban exploring stuff. The pictures were brilliant but then he got into some issue with his exploring community and he's probably on the run.

Alan - really funny for a long time and on the right side of being a troll. I can't believe he actually flipped out and never returned. Probably with Timbo looking for manc Sean and R1.

SeniorGuvnor - I used to marvel at his wisdom on all things sport but the only lasting memory now is him rating football managers and having Owen Coyle at 4*. He is probably Jonathan Wilson.

Enigma - back in the heyday of good villa fans dominating the board, enigma ruled. He was basically the Ian Taylor to Mellin's Paul Merson.

Dr Barry - meeting him was surreal. He was absolutely battered after two and a half pints. He was so determined to be right that the election where the liberals didn't get a million seats as forecast basically ended his faith in humanity. Him and sells Dela are probably with Paddy Ashdown now.

SvN
08-12-2017, 10:04 AM
I'm not totally convinced that Alan wasn't Smiffy's other personality.

phonics
08-12-2017, 10:18 AM
SvN were you playing with the forum earlier?

SvN
08-12-2017, 10:19 AM
Nope

phonics
08-12-2017, 10:23 AM
This is what happens when you go to co.uk and don't put /forum

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQg8i22WsAImkx1.jpg:large

SvN
08-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Fuck knows what that's all about. I've added a redirect to force users to /forum.php

Magic
08-12-2017, 10:29 AM
I'm not totally convinced that Alan wasn't Smiffy's other personality.

Fuck right off.

Giggles
08-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Was this place broken since the small hours for anyone else?

phonics
08-12-2017, 10:37 AM
See above, something wrong with the URL re-direct.

Magic
08-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Blame SvN. Ever since he started being an MD he's turned in to a sour, yeast-infected cunt.

Giggles
08-12-2017, 10:44 AM
See above, something wrong with the URL re-direct.

I had blamed you over on teh refuge too :cool:

Spikey M
08-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Magic’s happy today

Giggles
08-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Magic’s happy today

This mood seems about par now.

Magic
08-12-2017, 10:55 AM
Just me or the board in general?

Disco
08-12-2017, 10:58 AM
It's almost as if he's lashing out because of some other frustration in his life...

phonics
08-12-2017, 10:59 AM
I had blamed you over on teh refuge too :cool:

Should follow me on Twitter for updates

Kikó
08-12-2017, 11:02 AM
Follow us both as we are quite the double act.

Magic
08-12-2017, 11:02 AM
Cheers Jaspa.

:harold:

Baz
08-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Speaking of Twitter, Pab is on there @pabmania (https://mobile.twitter.com/pabmania)

Adamski
08-12-2017, 11:11 AM
To be that active, involved in that profession and only have 46 followers is quite an achievement.

phonics
08-12-2017, 11:15 AM
lol @ the idea that my twitter account not in my real name where I spend most of my time posting pictures of a pig taking a shit to pro-Iraq War journalists has any link to what I do professionally.

ItalAussie
08-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Posters who are gone that I really do miss:
DC
Dela
Dr Barry
R1
Enigma
Pabs
Spav
Vic Flange
The female poster who was mostly in TMD whose name escapes me
Oimoi (smartest poster we've had, I reckon)

Posters who were great that I think are gone, but may still lurk:
Elth (pretty sure I have him on steam)
Davgooner
Fry?
Martin? (Could easily be still around, and I've just missed him posting for a little while)

I'm assuming that Mellin is still around, although I haven't noticed him for a week or two. There's got to be heaps more. Anyone have an old list floating around?

Spikey M
08-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Speaking of Twitter, Pab is on there @pabmania (https://mobile.twitter.com/pabmania)

Someone send him a link

ItalAussie
08-12-2017, 11:21 AM

I might try and remember what used to be around. Playing your heart out for the thread was always a massive highlight.

2005 was my peak. Best Poster and everything. I remember being surprisingly chuffed at the time. It's all been downhill since then.

phonics
08-12-2017, 11:23 AM
DC lurks. I saw him on Reddit the other day weirdly, unless someone else has also named himself after David Challenor.

ItalAussie
08-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Really? Hi, DC! The DC Times were fantastic, and one of the things that kept me coming back to the board at the start.

Jimmy Floyd
08-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Oimoi is probably running a Blairite think tank by now.

Martin still posts as Dave.

ItalAussie
08-12-2017, 11:29 AM
Oh! That's fantastic. Are there any other name changes I missed in the switch?

(Apologies Martin - I had no idea)

For those who don't know, Jimmy used to be a hell of a writer back in the day, too (might still be for all I know, but not here anymore :D). Botswana springs to mind, as does the adventures of one player whose name I forgot?

Giggles
08-12-2017, 11:31 AM
Oimoi is probably running a Blairite think tank by now.

Martin still posts as Dave.

Dave is Martin_SAFC? Never knew that.

I always thought he was an alias.

Jimmy Floyd
08-12-2017, 11:32 AM
Yep. I don't think he ever said so or ever posts about Sunderland (don't blame him), but you can tell from the particular tone he uses, and bigging up of Durham players in the cricket thread.

ItalAussie
08-12-2017, 11:32 AM
So have we lost Davgooner, then? I swear, we need a thread that's just a roll-call which everyone posts in once every three months to let us know they're there.

phonics
08-12-2017, 11:33 AM
Dav comes and gos.

Jimmy Floyd
08-12-2017, 11:33 AM
Davgooner still pops up occasionally as Davgooner.

Didn't SG appear for one post a few months ago, or did I dream it?

ItalAussie
08-12-2017, 11:35 AM
I remember that happening.

Also, Jim, put me out of my misery. What was the name of the kid in the story?

ItalAussie
08-12-2017, 11:36 AM
Is Panda still here, or has he shuffled off?

EDIT: And corduroy, Pen, and Niko*?

EDIT II: And Toby?

EDIT: For the reference, these people could all easily still be posting regularly, and I just haven't been paying attention for a couple of months. If that's the case, I apologise. In that case, take it as an "I'd miss you if you were gone". :D

Had Boydy there originally, but he posted yesterday. I should just check the others.

Cord's still here too. Good to see. Toby's been gone for a while though, and I don't think Niko signed up for this board, unless I've missed him?

Kikó
08-12-2017, 11:40 AM
Panda is still on Facebook bleating on about Alberta.

These threads basically highlight how most of the people who have left are just lazy bastard lurkers.

ItalAussie
08-12-2017, 11:41 AM
There was a brief period in 2008 where a bunch of us got really into a geography game, where you had to click on capital or major cities quickly.

I'm fairly sure Jim was involved with that, as well as Toby.

Jimmy Floyd
08-12-2017, 11:43 AM
Pepe. While clearing stuff out last year I actually found a folded up bit of paper that had survived from 2003 with the first paragraphs of that which I actually wrote with a pen (as didn't have my own computer at the time), and typed up later. Emotional.

Giggles
08-12-2017, 11:44 AM
Toby is about the only one I'd miss posting from all the ones that went. Maybe Fry too, and Lee before he outed himself as a cunt.

ItalAussie
Pepe. While clearing stuff out last year I actually found a folded up bit of paper that had survived from 2003 with the first paragraphs of that which I actually wrote with a pen (as didn't have my own computer at the time), and typed up later. Emotional.

That's right! Did you save any of your old stuff? I just ask out of curiosity, as to whether it's now lost to the void.

ItalAussie
Toby is about the only one I'd miss posting from all the ones that went. Maybe Fry too, and Lee before he outed himself as a cunt.

I still interact with Fry over Facebook every now and then.

Didn't make a huge deal of it, but I caught up with Luca when he visited Sydney, too.

Jimmy Floyd
08-12-2017, 11:46 AM
Probably lost. A little while ago, before all the old boards died, I went back and read it and although it's not that good, I was still sad that all the creativity my 15-16 year old brain had has now completely disappeared. That probably happens to all of us.

ItalAussie
08-12-2017, 11:46 AM
Speaking of outrageously talented young posters (you were better than you're admitting here, I reckon), I wonder what happened to KJAC.

Kikó
08-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Kjac has moved to America recently. Think it's Boston.

ItalAussie
08-12-2017, 11:49 AM
How do you know that? I'm glad to hear that he's still alive and out there up to something.

Giggles
08-12-2017, 11:49 AM
I never knew there was so much real life sharing went on.

Kikó
08-12-2017, 11:50 AM
I have him on Facebook Ital.

Jimmy Floyd
08-12-2017, 11:51 AM
KJAC was the first person from here I had on MSN messenger, back in the day. He was very young at that point (as was I, I hasten to add) but very nice.

Kikó
08-12-2017, 11:53 AM
He is four years younger than me so he's actually 26 now. Shit the bed.

Jimmy Floyd
08-12-2017, 11:54 AM
I'm 29, so he must have been right down at the 13 mark or so in those days. Jesus.

ItalAussie
08-12-2017, 12:04 PM
I never knew there was so much real life sharing went on.

There was a period when there was a solid MSN contingent. That must be ~2004 or so, I'd guess.

Spammer
08-12-2017, 12:13 PM

What did Lee do?

John
08-12-2017, 12:49 PM
That Floyd story was quality. 'The Boy Who Would Be El Rey', wasn't it?

The Botswana one was better though. Phineas Maimela. :cool:

Shindig
08-12-2017, 01:01 PM
TMD was how I made my reputation .... probably. Pity I could never keep up with the updates. You could tell a story from me was winding up by the updates covering months rather than weeks.

Baz
08-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Easiest way to check is “mention” them and a) see if it links to their profile and b) see if it triggers a post.
Toby DC @Oimoi Cord Corduroy Nik* @The Reid @Snazz Martin

Boydy
08-12-2017, 01:39 PM
I miss Thisism, Thatism and whatever other names he used to post under.

Disco
08-12-2017, 01:48 PM
I was sad that I missed TEG and Pongo flouncing off, must have been during my 06-08 absence.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
08-12-2017, 01:51 PM
I don't really get making a conscious effort to avoid the place.

Jimmy Floyd
08-12-2017, 01:55 PM
I doubt I'd either want to, or be able to 'leave' until the board itself dies. It's been a constant background companion for 15 years.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
08-12-2017, 01:55 PM
I find there's always something to read even if not posting very much.

-james-
08-12-2017, 02:08 PM
There really has been a great selection of "eccentrics" on here over the years. I'm not sure what device other than a pre social media football manager forum could have collected them.

Giggles
08-12-2017, 02:50 PM
I don't really get making a conscious effort to avoid the place.

That's the real strange one for me too.

7om
08-12-2017, 03:26 PM
Hello everyone.

For some reason TTH seems to be on the blacklist in China. I can only get on here when running a VPN. i.e. I'm a lazy twat.

Magic
08-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Lol @ being in China and not automatically having a VPN.

phonics
08-12-2017, 03:29 PM
I think somewhere in our vBulletin settings we're tagged under videogames. I'll check those tags and see if it helps you out 7om.

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-12-2017, 03:29 PM
Lol @ being in China and not automatically having a VPN.

Could have just stopped there.

7om
08-12-2017, 03:32 PM
Quite. I'm planning my escape already.

Pepe
08-12-2017, 03:42 PM
Hello everyone.

For some reason TTH seems to be on the blacklist in China. I can only get on here when running a VPN. i.e. I'm a lazy twat.

Give us some lol stories you twat.

Lewis
08-12-2017, 03:52 PM
'Everyone here has slitty eyes.'

Magic
08-12-2017, 03:58 PM
Quite. I'm planning my escape already.

From your wife's thumb or China?

*shielded from rhetorts*

Lewis
08-12-2017, 04:06 PM
The stats/recent activity thing has gone from the front page phonics you board-busting Twitter reject.

phonics
08-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Blame SvN for not copying over all the mods. I'm innocent guv.

Magic
08-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Mahow being ahead of me in the posting figures is fucking depressing. Sorry lads.

Baz
08-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Some belting lists here lads.
Go on then.

Dark Soldier
08-12-2017, 05:22 PM
DC Times:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060304141553/http://www.thedugout.tv/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=45&t=000006&counterhit=yes

Second ever WDYTOE (before I was good enough for the list):

https://web.archive.org/web/20060304141628/http://www.thedugout.tv/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=45&t=000002&counterhit=yes

Play Your Heart Out For The Thread:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070303121506/http://www.thedugout.tv/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=45&t=000011&counterhit=yes

The first TTH Battle Royale:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070105124450/http://www.thedugout.tv/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=45&t=000013&counterhit=yes

An idea of how insular GR was:

https://web.archive.org/web/20040625030626/http://www.thedugout.tv:80/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=45&t=000007&counterhit=yes

GR Spider Math:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070303121455/http://www.thedugout.tv/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=45&t=000014&counterhit=yes

DC's guide to CM01/02:

https://web.archive.org/web/20040315203739/http://www.thedugout.tv:80/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=32&t=000003&counterhit=yes

The Ultimate Guide to the Diagonal Defence Line:

https://web.archive.org/web/20040305192452/http://www.thedugout.tv:80/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=32&t=000013&counterhit=yes

Forgot Rui_Costa, man was a don :drool:

Giggles
08-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Some belting lists here lads.

Don't complain about lack of lists and not post a list.

Dark Soldier
08-12-2017, 05:28 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/bf3245181e7a209f979e32f49420f6e8.png

'how :happycry:

Giggles
08-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Add Don to the list of ones that are sorely missed.