PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager 2018

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Reg
07-10-2017, 03:26 PM
Let's have a new thread.

Their offer is about to run out so here's a reminder:

Anyone who pre-purchases Football Manager 2018 (for Windows, macOS or Linux) through a SEGA approved digital retailer will be able to start pre-season at least two weeks prior to the official street date through a fully-playable Beta version. Single player careers started in the Beta can be also continued in the full game.

In addition, fans who pre-purchase Football Manager 2018 before Monday, October 9th and have Football Manager 2017 in their Steam Library will receive a 'Contract Extension Bonus' discount of 25% off their purchase via Steam or the SEGA Store.

http://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-2018

Here's that terrible promotion video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_1gPUeY0EY

Screenshots from the video here: http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2018-screenshots.html

---
Update: new video on the 'Dynamics' feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmVvc35M4N8

Giggles
07-10-2017, 03:34 PM
I think the dynamics has me finally done with it, or at least skipping launch until I see how it pans out.

Not that it's a bad idea or wouldn't be a good addition in theory, but it'll be their completely over the top implementation that will ruin it.

John Arne
07-10-2017, 03:43 PM
I think the dynamics has me finally done with it, or at least skipping launch until I see how it pans out.

Not that it's a bad idea or wouldn't be a good addition in theory, but it'll be their completely over the top implementation that will ruin it.

Yup - It's just one of those features, like this years Social Media, that I'll completely ignore.

Giggles
07-10-2017, 03:48 PM
Yup - It's just one of those features, like this years Social Media, that I'll completely ignore.

Will it be something that can be ignored like social media though? Surely you can't just ignore the whole squad unhappy because gang A doesn't like gang B.

John
07-10-2017, 03:50 PM
I was happily ignoring the social media aspect until I clocked some knob claiming a player definitely had 200 potential, the sort of self referential shittery that I bet Miles wanked himself stupid over.

Jimmy Floyd
07-10-2017, 03:51 PM
This game needs competition.

Boydy
07-10-2017, 03:56 PM
This game needs competition.

Right? I was saying that in the other thread the other day.

Giggles
07-10-2017, 03:57 PM
It's not possible though. That's why we'll see these token features added year on year, but none of the actual problems fixed.

mugbull
07-10-2017, 04:35 PM
It's not possible though. That's why we'll see these token features added year on year, but none of the actual problems fixed.

Why is it not possible? Just hire the scouts that FM uses (maybe by paying them even), or get different ones

John
07-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Right? Just build a worldwide scouting network of thousands. How difficult or expensive could that be?

Boydy
07-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Who cares about a worldwide scouting network if the gameplay's shite?

Adamski
07-10-2017, 04:41 PM
It’s not though.

mugbull
07-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Right? Just build a worldwide scouting network of thousands. How difficult or expensive could that be?

Exactly! I'm glad you understand.

mugbull
07-10-2017, 04:45 PM
It’s not though.

The deal breakers for me were always shitty, unrealistic squad building by AI and awful newgen stuff. It's like one of those models imitating the gait of a dinosaur that starts off fine, gets a little wobbly eventually, and then spazzes out and falls down

Giggles
07-10-2017, 04:48 PM
It’s not though.

It's getting there.

Byron
07-10-2017, 04:54 PM
I think the peak edition was probably 2012. Detailed enough that you could go ful on spreadsheet, but accessible enough for those that wanted to download a plug and play tactic and just have fun.

I don't think I've got the energy or time for it going forward. I certainly no longer have the time I had at uni where I could sink in 8 hours a day for 3/4 days a week.

Jimmy Floyd
07-10-2017, 05:24 PM
The fact that they're leading a list of new features with words like 'Dynamics' (regardless of what it is) and the increased importance of sports scientists and data analysts... yeah.

If someone made a game with a decent engine, no 3D engine, no graphics and no licences but decent, slick gameplay they would surely at least cause a dent. The basic gameplay is still good in FM but there's just far too much time-consuming bollocks.

Yevrah
07-10-2017, 05:29 PM
Even watching matches in commentary only, a season takes me in excess of 12 hours to do and the game's not good enough any more to warrant that amount of time.

ScousePig
07-10-2017, 06:10 PM
If everyone else starts hating it will you all start loving it again?

Bunch of hipsters.

Adramelch
07-10-2017, 06:57 PM
I still get more than enough value out of it, so I can't categorically state "that's the last version I buy" but it's pretty clear that they've become lazy and just implement silly new features while glaring issues (match engine etc) still prevail.

Giggles
07-10-2017, 07:13 PM
If everyone else starts hating it will you all start loving it again?

Bunch of hipsters.

I'll love it when the developers start to love it again.

Yevrah
07-10-2017, 07:15 PM
To be fair to them on the match engine side, I'm not sure how much better it could actually be.

If you look at a game like FIFA, whose one main job is to deliver a match engine and it can't really manage that in any realistic fashion, then I'm not sure what chance FM has.

Where they've got lazy for me is around not changing the interface (which they used to do every few years) and not really bothering to update player stats enough from version to version, choosing instead to put in a load of random player interaction based shit.

Adramelch
07-10-2017, 07:20 PM
The goalkeepers being unable to come out for crosses has been a thing for many many years. The inordinate amount of woodwork hits as well. It feels to me that it has gone backwards the last few versions honestly.

Reg
07-10-2017, 07:40 PM
The FM scouts are voluntary so the money isn't an issue, it then comes down to motivation. The FM scouts have the 'contributing to a game they love' factor, but I don't think it'd be hard to persuade people just because there's so many diehard fans around who love football and their team (and more and more football nerds).

Dark Soldier
07-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Its gonna be great and I'll sink another 800+ hours into it. Cheer up fuckos.

Mike
07-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I can't wait!

Reg
07-10-2017, 08:24 PM
I'm looking forward to it, too. First time in my lifetime Brighton have started in the top tier. :drool:

Boydy
07-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Its gonna be great and I'll sink another 800+ hours into it. Cheer up fuckos.

Lost that job already?

Boydy
07-10-2017, 09:47 PM
I think the peak edition was probably 2012. Detailed enough that you could go ful on spreadsheet, but accessible enough for those that wanted to download a plug and play tactic and just have fun.

I don't think I've got the energy or time for it going forward. I certainly no longer have the time I had at uni where I could sink in 8 hours a day for 3/4 days a week.

The peak was 01/02.

Giggles
07-10-2017, 09:50 PM
The peak was 01/02.

Nah, go back and there's very little to it nowadays. There's more detail in the current mobile versions.

mugbull
07-10-2017, 10:41 PM
To be fair to them on the match engine side, I'm not sure how much better it could actually be.

If you look at a game like FIFA, whose one main job is to deliver a match engine and it can't really manage that in any realistic fashion, then I'm not sure what chance FM has.

Where they've got lazy for me is around not changing the interface (which they used to do every few years) and not really bothering to update player stats enough from version to version, choosing instead to put in a load of random player interaction based shit.

FIFA's got the problem that you're actually playing as the players and a 90 minute match has to be condensed into like 10, so there's inherently going to be problems with the way matches are played. FM doesn't have that issue so they have a much wider scope for realism

Dark Soldier
07-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Lost that job already?

Smashing the absolute cunt out the job mate. There's still enough hours in the day to fall down the sinkhole.

Yevrah
07-10-2017, 10:52 PM
FIFA's got the problem that you're actually playing as the players and a 90 minute match has to be condensed into like 10, so there's inherently going to be problems with the way matches are played. FM doesn't have that issue so they have a much wider scope for realism

If the extent of FIFA's problems were limited to trying to condense a full 90 minutes into 10 I'd agree, but (taking the latest version as an example) they can't even get passing balanced properly.

Boydy
07-10-2017, 10:55 PM
Smashing the absolute cunt out the job mate. There's still enough hours in the day to fall down the sinkhole.

Good to hear. :thbup:

Clunge
08-10-2017, 12:28 AM
The peak was 01/02.
*97/98.

I think that was actually the best game of all time.

Pen
08-10-2017, 08:57 AM
I haven’t played FM in years (apart a quick mobile stint last year), but I think 07 was my favourite. Also I think the 03/04 was pretty good. I only got into 01/02 later on so it was never the pinnacle for me.

I’m always short on time these days so I think the mobile version will be where its at for me if I get back into FM again at some point.

Reg
08-10-2017, 12:17 PM
New video on the 'Dynamics' feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmVvc35M4N8

Like Giggles says, it feels like it could become too big a part of the game. But it could be good seeing the impact after selling a moaning 'highly influential player', for example.

Clunge
08-10-2017, 12:48 PM
FM Classic has become far too bloated. I only play Touch now. It's more what I want out of FM. I think I got through three seasons of Classic in '17 before defaulting back to Touch.

Shindig
08-10-2017, 01:15 PM
You can replicate Classic just by setting your assistant up, pretty much. At least that's how it felt in 2013 which is the last version I bought. Loading seemed a little longer in Classic.

Pepe
08-10-2017, 02:31 PM
I still maintain that if they made a classic database and sold it as an add-on they would make a fortune. Something that lets you start in 1990, 1994, 2000, I don't know. Obviously we would all know who would turn out good and who wouldn't, but I think it would still be quite fun.

John Arne
09-10-2017, 05:20 AM
I just watched the DYNAMICS video and noticed this...

https://gyazo.com/d45a2eeb99ab342beba61f77df581c7a.png

This isn't just a sample to show the possibilities, it was grabbed from a save game used in the video...

EDIT: Hard to read...

+ You've spent a good period of time at the club
+ You have a good reputation when compared to the players

- You've only been at the club for a short period of time
- You have a number of players that don't get on well with you

Mazuuurk
09-10-2017, 08:30 AM

I read some interview with a lead FIFA guy recently and part of what they said was their main challenge is actually to make an engine that seems realistic, but isn't - because it would be boring as fuck to play, and most of the time you want the games to feel sort of like a full 90 minute game compressed into 10 or 15 minutes or so.

Basically - it's a fucking video game and it should be fun to play, above all.

FM could take a page out of that book, IMO.

Disclaimer: I don't really play FIFA so I've no idea if they actually achieve this in the game or not, but whenever I do play I find it fairly fun anyway.

Though as DS says, fuck it FM is always good for a save game or two, and not too pricey for it. Time-wise, it does sometimes feel a bit "wasteful" and I wish the seasons could go quicker, but at the same time it's a great game for just sort of casually playing while watching something on the TV or some football or something.

I'd love it if it could be cloud-based so you could play both from your PC and your phone (say on the way to work) on the same save, though.

phonics
09-10-2017, 08:35 AM
I read some interview with a lead FIFA guy recently and part of what they said was their main challenge is actually to make an engine that seems realistic, but isn't - because it would be boring as fuck to play, and most of the time you want the games to feel sort of like a full 90 minute game compressed into 10 or 15 minutes or so.

Basically - it's a fucking video game and it should be fun to play, above all.

FM could take a page out of that book, IMO.

Disclaimer: I don't really play FIFA so I've no idea if they actually achieve this in the game or not, but whenever I do play I find it fairly fun anyway.

Though as DS says, fuck it FM is always good for a save game or two, and not too pricey for it. Time-wise, it does sometimes feel a bit "wasteful" and I wish the seasons could go quicker, but at the same time it's a great game for just sort of casually playing while watching something on the TV or some football or something.

I'd love it if it could be cloud-based so you could play both from your PC and your phone (say on the way to work) on the same save, though.

You can do that with screen sharing. Friend of mine played FM on his home computer from his hotel in New York. He used an iPad though.

Adamski
09-10-2017, 09:03 AM
You can play FM Touch cross device.

Mazuuurk
09-10-2017, 09:13 AM
What is actually the difference with FM touch?

Giggles
09-10-2017, 09:22 AM
What is actually the difference with FM touch?

It's a stripped back version. Plays a bit like the old CM's in that you can fly through seasons but it never really feels like you're doing anything.

phonics
09-10-2017, 09:36 AM
I also found it easier than the normal version.

Mazuuurk
09-10-2017, 12:37 PM
See that's a bit of the problem for me with FM in the last few years - They have added too much fluff that doesn't feel important, but has too much effect on the game - completely agree with Giggles that this new Dynamics feature will end up being a pain in the arse having to babysit everyone after what will inevitably turn out to be this one select pattern.

Like Team talks, there only ever feels like there are 2 viable options in them (whatever they are again).

But at the same time, I never wanted to play these "dumbed down" versions as the immersion they give just quite isn't the same.

I wish they could just make a quicker more streamlined game where you still sort of got some of the "around & off the pitch" aspects of Club management.

Adramelch
09-10-2017, 12:39 PM
You mean you don't enjoy being asked who you think deserves to win the Ballon D'Or when you're managing Goatherders FC?

phonics
09-10-2017, 12:41 PM
If they just removed Press Conferences, I'd pay whatever they want.

Dark Soldier
09-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Just bought it anyway, when the beta hits I'll report back and fire pure cynicism into your faces.

John Arne
10-10-2017, 05:25 PM
New video - Scouting....

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDfaNEjK9hc[/img]

Giggles
10-10-2017, 05:26 PM
New video - Scouting....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDfaNEjK9hc

niko_cee
10-10-2017, 08:38 PM
If someone made a game with a decent engine, no 3D engine, no graphics and no licences but decent, slick gameplay they would surely at least cause a dent. The basic gameplay is still good in FM but there's just far too much time-consuming bollocks.

They could call it The Complete Football Game.

Baz
10-10-2017, 08:50 PM
They could call it The Complete Football Game.https://media.tenor.com/images/adcf1b8658260b5b164ba003dc9ebb15/tenor.gif

Shindig
10-10-2017, 09:18 PM
They could call it The Complete Football Game.

Maybe he could stealth it out as a Rasternauts sequel.

Bernanke
10-10-2017, 10:35 PM
How is the mobile version? Less bloat?

John Arne
13-10-2017, 05:53 AM
These videos are crap.

Tactics...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeXV0MieLmY

"The tactics screen is now less cluttered..."

Er...

FM17

http://i.imgur.com/3KtCRY5.jpg

FM18

https://gyazo.com/74b8833fa861be49444c1189db284f2a.png

Baz
13-10-2017, 06:41 AM
What’s with all that green space? :sick:

John Arne
13-10-2017, 06:42 AM
What’s with all that green space? :sick:

I think that's the "less cluttered" bit they talk about.

Shindig
13-10-2017, 06:52 AM
They've just kinda crushed it.

Jimmy Floyd
13-10-2017, 07:31 AM
The design experts can put me right here, but surely anything where you have a fairly deep scroll bar and then masses of empty space beneath it is a bit of a failure.

Giggles
13-10-2017, 07:34 AM
They've just kinda crushed it.

As in made smaller or nailed it?

Shindig
13-10-2017, 08:34 AM
The former. Although Miles probably thinks it's the latter.

Jimmy Floyd
13-10-2017, 08:47 AM
Miles fascinates me. He is very much in the tradition of Brent and Partridge and Mainwaring.

John Arne
13-10-2017, 08:54 AM
I reckon my 30 second paint edit is better already...

https://imgur.com/Yz6wm9e.jpg

phonics
13-10-2017, 09:33 AM
That looks to me like someone has captured it in the wrong resolution which is probably forcing those boxes askew. I doubt that tactics part of the page is supposed to scroll. Why would there be a thin black bar one one side and a large black one on the other?

edit: Just watched the video, Yeah their shitty green screen solution hasn't given them a 16:9 screen so they've captured it in a weird resolution. Just film it in the office with a TV behind you lads.

John Arne
23-10-2017, 07:38 AM
So, the preview videos ended yesterday... with a suspicious absence of a decent look at the ME. We saw a little bit of the graphical side on the Match Day video, but nothing in detail.

So, either they are hiding the fact that nothing has changed in that respect, or going for the BIG SURPRISE improvement. I'm guessing the former.

Jimmy Floyd
23-10-2017, 07:41 AM
Or they're still building it.

John Arne
23-10-2017, 08:00 AM
Or they're still building it.

Quite possible.... if they are, they are leaving it bloody late!

As a commentary only player, I don't really notice any issues with the ME, anyway.

Mike
23-10-2017, 08:05 AM
They’ve said the beta is out Friday or before, so Thursday evening I’d guess.
I’m off work this week though so the sooner the better for me. I’ve been itching to play a new save but have put it off ready for the new game.

Mazuuurk
23-10-2017, 08:31 AM
I have some 2 year old quite sluggish MacBook, will this run smoothly on that? Will there be a big difference from FM17, because that just about made this laptop fucking explode, for no apparent real reason.

Jimmy Floyd
23-10-2017, 08:44 AM
I'm not even going to bother with this until I have new machinery. You need a really, really slick computer to do anything worthwhile with FM.

Mazuuurk
23-10-2017, 09:06 AM
Which is fucking shit, I mean it's a text-based game with "3D graphics" that looks about as advanced as a Super Nintendo might have rendered them.

Yet I do agree, because last year around it was a bit of a painful experience to play as I was doing more waiting than playing, it felt like.

Giggles
23-10-2017, 09:17 AM
My new one should handle it ok but I don't know if I can be arsed with it any more. Be the first capable one for it in 7 or 8 years.

Disco
23-10-2017, 12:27 PM
You can turn most of the graphical shit off, after that it just relies on processing power which is to be expected.

Dark Soldier
23-10-2017, 12:30 PM
Yup, 2D match engine still pisses all over 3D

Giggles
23-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Does the match engine have any bearing on things at all? I always thought it was just some pre programmed highlights to give it more realism, but you never actually seen anyone playing well or not from it and were better off just Instant Resulting everything.

Ian
23-10-2017, 12:38 PM
I really don't think I can be arsed with a new FM. I think I'll just keep plugging away at my Newcastle save in FM15. I basically win everything all the time but I'm more just doing it to satisfying a very minor Football Manager itch. I don't know that I care enough to get annoyed with the flaws of a new one that they can't be arsed to fix all over again.

Also why don't we just have one thread called 'Football Manager' rather than having unnecessary new ones for each new version?

Other than more freds.

Disco
23-10-2017, 12:38 PM
Hard to tell (and SI are never going to confirm) because the simulation is different every time, although it would be mental to essentially double their work and have the engine work differently.

Giggles
23-10-2017, 12:40 PM
I really don't think I can be arsed with a new FM. I think I'll just keep plugging away at my Newcastle save in FM15. I basically win everything all the time but I'm more just doing it to satisfying a very minor Football Manager itch. I don't know that I care enough to get annoyed with the flaws of a new one that they can't be arsed to fix all over again.

Also why don't we just have one thread called 'Football Manager' rather than having unnecessary new ones for each new version?

Other than more freds.

Needs to go in Gamezine really too.

Yevrah
23-10-2017, 01:34 PM
It's good to have a new thread for each version as it's easier to find the epic saves etc.

And doesn't need to go in Gamezine as no-one ever visits there.

Smiffy
23-10-2017, 01:37 PM
I'm with Jimmy. New machine before I even think of buying it. Not that I get the time these days.

Mike
24-10-2017, 08:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jOQuEHf.png

:(

Ian
24-10-2017, 09:12 PM
On the subject of not buying the new one, did one of my "who's managing who now?" reviews of my current save. It's 2037 and the best one currently is Ryan Gauld being the Barcelona manager.

Boydy
24-10-2017, 10:51 PM
And doesn't need to go in Gamezine as no-one ever visits there.
We should probably just bring Gamezine back into the main forum.

Baz
24-10-2017, 11:37 PM
We should probably just bring Gamezine back into the main forum.

Yeah. If that happened people might get annoyed at first when individual games got their own threads but it could result in certain movies and tv shows getting their own threads, alongside the “general” ones.

Moar freds :arry:

Boydy
24-10-2017, 11:46 PM
Yeah. If that happened people might get annoyed at first when individual games got their own threads but it could result in certain movies and tv shows getting their own threads, alongside the “general” ones.

Moar freds :arry:

Yeah, I think that'd be fine. If a lot of people play something regularly, it'll stay near the top. If not, it'll just drop down/off the page like anything else.

At least the place would look a bit more busy.

mugbull
25-10-2017, 12:02 AM
Honestly forgot we had a Gamezine section, don't think i've been in there a single time but if it was on the main forum i might peruse

Mike
26-10-2017, 07:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/EkX3Wx4.png

It’s out!

Reg
26-10-2017, 07:03 PM
:nodd: Gonna start my Brighton save tonight. Who are you going with, Mike?

Some info re. bugs etc. here: https://community.sigames.com/topic/411685-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-build-notes/

Giggles
26-10-2017, 07:04 PM
The game or the demo?

Mike
26-10-2017, 07:08 PM
The beta, it’s basiclly the full game but gets updated for the ‘full release’.

I always start as Liverpool for my first save.

Dark Soldier
26-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Starting with United, as I do every beta save. Gonna load it up in a sec. Bye bye life.

wullie
26-10-2017, 08:07 PM
The photo import for your manager goes a bit mad very quickly

https://i.imgur.com/rZFuJ4h.png

Mike
26-10-2017, 08:11 PM
Mines like a photo. Not sure who the photo is or why they're wearing gloves though.
https://i.imgur.com/7s5hJOJ.png

And to save me faffing to find it. Anyone found how to stop that shit song playing when you start it?

Dark Soldier
26-10-2017, 08:25 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/37ec0d4b8a2396195853442022bf3290.png

lets go gentleman

Ian
26-10-2017, 08:30 PM
Move Gamezine into the main forum? Why not just have one giant thread for everything while we're at it?

wullie
26-10-2017, 08:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/7J3mWpN.png

Vince McMahon's finally getting into football, within five years it'll be renamed the XFL.

Ian
26-10-2017, 08:38 PM
I take it your first was some unholy combination of D'Lo and Pennywise, Wullie?

wullie
26-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Believe it or not it was meant to be Busta Rhymes, the game doing a better job of making him look freaky than Hype Williams ever has.

Mike
26-10-2017, 08:49 PM
I saw that Vinny Mac and before I saw what you wrote I thought to myself 'Looks like Vince' :D

Shindig
26-10-2017, 09:46 PM
The jacket sold me on it.

Mike
26-10-2017, 10:05 PM
A few hours into the game and I have somehow managed to set Liverpool up perfectly to play like they do in real life.
https://i.imgur.com/XQLXIsL.png

Pleb
26-10-2017, 11:02 PM
https://i.imgur.com/EkX3Wx4.png

It’s out!
:drool:

How is it Mike?

Danny
26-10-2017, 11:56 PM
Attack well, defend like shit and Lovren was crap? Nailed the realism this year then.

Dark Soldier
27-10-2017, 12:37 AM
It genuinely feels like an improvement. I'm well in for this, match engine feels improved.

Pepe
27-10-2017, 01:06 AM
Wait until they break it on the first patch.

Mike
27-10-2017, 09:05 AM
Phew.

Go to wherever you've installed steam then... 'steamapps\common\Football Manager 2018\data\game\music' and delete background. No more shit song.

Yevrah
27-10-2017, 09:11 AM
They put music in it? :cab:

Mazuuurk
27-10-2017, 09:14 AM
It genuinely feels like an improvement. I'm well in for this, match engine feels improved.

Sold.

Now for the problem of having a motherfucking computer to run this shit.

Mike
27-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Just sorting my scouts out and trying to find a Centre Back and a Ball Winning Midfielder for Liverpool.

They put music in it? :cab:

Just when you start it up, while you loo at the SIGames logo and the kick it out one.

Jimmy Floyd
27-10-2017, 09:35 AM
To be honest I'd be more likely to buy if it had a decent football soundtrack playing in the menus. World in Motion, Three Lions, some of those Rangers ditties slating the Pope, and of course the 2016 Crystal Palace FA Cup final song by Doc Brown which is the best thing ever written.

Mike
27-10-2017, 09:42 AM
and this bad boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9UHcRrCWlI

Danny
27-10-2017, 11:30 AM
And this bad boy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rebR5V4G5GQ

wullie
27-10-2017, 12:42 PM
Just this on a loop for me, I have it constantly playing on my TV like rappers on MTV Cribs would do with Scarface

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n56gOR9RQ0E

Spikey M
27-10-2017, 01:04 PM

What has improved about it?

Dark Soldier
27-10-2017, 02:07 PM
What has improved about it?

Scouting, ME feels better, more information (which could be a downside for some). Tactics don't take 18 months to gel anymore, match day experience is better.

Major downside is traditional 2D is no more, its that shitty 2D classic or nothing.

Jimmy Floyd
27-10-2017, 02:09 PM
It's never been a more/less information problem, it's all about how that information is presented and how much of a chore it is looking at it. To be honest if they ignored everything else for next year's version and invested all their time and talents into a better front end, they'd be doing alright.

Dark Soldier
27-10-2017, 02:12 PM
It's never been a more/less information problem, it's all about how that information is presented and how much of a chore it is looking at it. To be honest if they ignored everything else for next year's version and invested all their time and talents into a better front end, they'd be doing alright.

It is improved, scouting feels more realistic but it feels a bit overwhelming at first as (well, with United and their 10000 scouts) you're being swamped with reports.

John Arne
27-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Fyi, music can be turned off in preferences.

Mike
27-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Not been a bad pre-season
https://i.imgur.com/ClTdAhn.png

wullie
27-10-2017, 09:06 PM
One of the bugs they're hopefully going to iron out, when you upload a photo and then scroll through the facial hair choices long enough:

https://i.imgur.com/IaIVHrD.jpg

Disco
27-10-2017, 09:10 PM
You know what, I hope they leave that one in.

Giggles
27-10-2017, 09:11 PM
'The Iain Dowie'.

Mike
27-10-2017, 09:17 PM
I don't see a bug? Looks just like you.

Shindig
27-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Glad Ant and Dec never got round to doing a Cup Final song.

Mike
27-10-2017, 09:54 PM
https://i.imgur.com/J9j7Fxk.png

Happy with my first window. Would rather have sold Moreno but nobody would meet my asking price so a year out on loan will do.

Dark Soldier
28-10-2017, 12:01 AM
Tierney is great. I sold some gumph and got Casemiro and Gelson Martins as my main signings, along with Rugani.

Spikey M
28-10-2017, 04:40 AM
Have they fixed press conferences yet? I send my assistant to all of them at the moment. They’re fucking ridiculous. Half the time the answer you’d give isn’t there and you end up pissing your squad off.

‘So, manager of (3 time champions league winning) Southend, how do you fancy your chances at Burnley?

It’s going to be tough, I’m scared
I want my mum
I hope we don’t get fisted
We’re going to get fisted

“Manager in edgy press conference”

Fuck off.

John Arne
28-10-2017, 05:12 AM
Anyone find the commentary only way too slow... like 5 or 6 minutes per match?

John Arne
28-10-2017, 05:19 AM
Also, anyone not so keen on the during-match tactics screen? The choice of 'list' or 'pitch' - I want to be able to see the condition of the players on the pitch screen - instead there is only a tiny little that you are supposed to interpret... Not a fan, though I'm sure ill eventually get used to it.

Mike
28-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Cracked it lads.
https://i.imgur.com/qNNOiDH.png

wullie
28-10-2017, 10:50 PM
The dynamics works perfectly. The squad was fragmented into little cliques, but all you have to do is refuse to guarantee starts for a backup player so everybody hates you together, then win the next game so they're then all magical super happy fun pals

https://i.imgur.com/wq1jICi.png

John Arne
29-10-2017, 05:23 PM
During the demo video, they had a feature on the tactics screen, where a yellow line would link players - I haven't seen that once yet - do my players just not get on?

Baz
29-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Were you accidentally watching someone play FIFA Ultimate Team?

Mike
29-10-2017, 05:48 PM
During the demo video, they had a feature on the tactics screen, where a yellow line would link players - I haven't seen that once yet - do my players just not get on?

I've had it. If you pair up a full back and winger who haven't played before it happens.

Giggles
29-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Were you accidentally watching someone play FIFA Ultimate Team?

I think there was footage of an actual match in the video so definitely not FIFA.

John Arne
29-10-2017, 05:56 PM
I've had it. If you pair up a full back and winger who haven't played before it happens.

Cool - I'll try again.

I think I hate this game. Really enjoyed FM17, but this feels slow, looks ugly, changes for changes sake (I like vertical pitch tactics screen, not horizontal) - also I like the ability to see the player stats alongside the pitch layout, not having to choose either list or pitch... I want both... I think I'm just become a miserable old cunt.

Dark Soldier
29-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Yes, yes you have. If barely anything had hanged from FM17 it'd swing the other way with 'what was the point of releasing an identical game' complaints. Its the same stuff heard around the net come Beta release.

Giggles
29-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Have they actually made any effort to fix what was actually broken or just ignored them for yet another year?

nsd
29-10-2017, 06:56 PM
There has been a definite improvement in the match engine. Players are way more willing to put in a tackle, keepers actually attempt to make saves and tactics seem more reactive when you change things mid-match. And there's nothing completely game breaking in the beta like there usually is which is a bonus.

Dark Soldier
29-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Went in for three potential players as my big signings. Griezmann wanted 475k a week, fuck off mate. Lewandowski wanted 375k a week, fuck off mate. Dybala wanted 350k a week, fuck off mate.

Settled on Driussi from Zenit, Dier and Grimaldo, all at the cost of one of those.

Baz
29-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Do Hamburg still want £234m for eighteen year old fullbacks?

Giggles
29-10-2017, 08:01 PM
Do Hamburg still want £234m for eighteen year old fullbacks?

That's one of the main things I was wondering was hopefully fixed.

Dark Soldier
29-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Its not fixed as it didn't need fixing, every year we get this but why would a club be willing to chuck your their potential world class youngster for £5mil plus add-ons? They're not asking that price, they're just setting so high as to say 'we ain't fucking selling unless you're mental, mate'.

You're, say, United. You get a regen come through, five star potential, coaches going mental for him, very good stats at 16. Chelsea offer you £4mil and a few instalments, would you let him go?

Giggles
29-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Its not fixed as it didn't need fixing, every year we get this but why would a club be willing to chuck your their potential world class youngster for £5mil plus add-ons? They're not asking that price, they're just setting so high as to say 'we ain't fucking selling unless you're mental, mate'.

You're, say, United. You get a regen come through, five star potential, coaches going mental for him, very good stats at 16. Chelsea offer you £4mil and a few instalments, would you let him go?

Then code in a 'we're not selling' instead of stupid figures.

Are you on the payroll now or something?

Dark Soldier
29-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Yes sure am mate, I bend over each week lubed up for Miles :happycry:

Giggles
29-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Yes sure am mate, I bend over each week lubed up for Miles :happycry:

I was going to ask that too and deleted it because I'm trying not to be too much of a bollix :D

Yevrah
29-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Anyone played long enough to get a player come out yet?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41796686

Giggles
29-10-2017, 09:35 PM
:cab: Bit of a strange one that.

ScousePig
29-10-2017, 09:37 PM
It would be an Arsenal player.

Yevrah
29-10-2017, 09:38 PM
I'd love to meet some of the 8% of fans who would stop watching their team.

Gray Fox
29-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Apparently it comes with a small boost to finances too.

Ian
29-10-2017, 09:51 PM
I'd love to meet some of the 8% of fans who would stop watching their team.

Nearly one in ten would stop watching the team they've supported all their life (in most cases) if one player came out? That seems unlikely, surely.

Jimmy Floyd
29-10-2017, 09:52 PM
We also had to take some legal advice, because in some countries that are less forward-thinking than the UK, it is still illegal to be gay. In those cases we have simply respected their laws, so if a player is based in one of those countries, the player won't come out.

This is the most Miles Jacobson quote of all time.

Baz
29-10-2017, 09:54 PM
What a load of tosh.

Shindig
29-10-2017, 09:57 PM
Football Manager 2019 will have a key feature where everybody passes to each other at least once.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-10-2017, 10:15 PM
Does the player that comes out wear pink socks too?

Boydy
30-10-2017, 01:57 AM
What was Football Manager Touch like last year?

Wouldn't mind getting this this year but now sure my laptop can handle the full version or if I really want the full version.

Clunge
30-10-2017, 06:23 AM
Touch '17 was/is excellent. Not had a single issue with it and the cloud saving is vvv simple and effective if you're swapping machines/devices.

Giggles
30-10-2017, 06:33 AM
I just found it very detached, like nothing you were doing was making any difference. Was very 'just keep clicking continue' like older versions of the full game.

Dark Soldier
30-10-2017, 10:31 PM
Patch out. Seems more stable and less laggy, can now zoom in on 2D view, and a load of other improvements.

Mike
04-11-2017, 07:22 PM
Another small patch came out an hour ago

Change list includes (but is not limited to) the following:

Beta Changelist 18.0.3

Stability and Tech

- Further stability fixes
- Improvements to slowdown and lag found in game
- In-match sounds now play across entire match and in commentary only mode
- Removal of incorrect Hz setting within display preferences

Graphics and UI

- Fixes to Retina Mac
- Fix to white screen appearing on launch
- Processing panel now appears with correct information
- Fixtures on the processing panel no longer overlapping other text
- Pitch image used in news and inbox items now appearing correctly
- Social feed and inbox items appearing correctly when scrolling
- Added condition & match sharpness numerical values to match tactics screen

Match

- Improved Set Piece default settings, AI and Positioning
- Ball Visibility / Change Ball Option now available
- Director Camera Tweaks
- Improvements to match display in low settings
- Fixed players figures appearing all in black incorrectly
- Fixed score divergence in hotseat matches
- Tweaked Additional Time Level
- Goalkeepers not wearing outfield kits
- Show/disable condition option now working in matches
- Red chequered flags no longer appearing

Gameplay

- Scouting reports no longer showing minus days
- Cancel scouting assignment working correctly when used on scouted player

Dark Soldier
04-11-2017, 08:58 PM
I like what they've done with 18 but it runs like absolute arse on my system due to no software mode, and me having Intel HD grapfics, so don't know if I'll bother this year. Not touched it in five days and I'm normally way down the rabbit hole by now.

Mike
04-11-2017, 09:33 PM
I'm loving it this year. Runs okish on my laptop but its much better on my PC, hopefully after full release it gets better too.

I had a tough start with Liverpool but have them ticking over nicely now. Up to 5th, into the semi of the League Cup and we made it through the CL group stage. Barcelona are sniffing around little Phil though. :(

Dark Soldier
07-11-2017, 05:55 PM
Patch has made this have a lot less lag, bar substitutions which is a known issue.

Also:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-18-tactics/367751-pav-betablockers-3-4-3-4-3-3-a.html

The 433 is utterly fucking brutal. You give up a ton of possession but its counter attacking brilliance. 7-0 v Dortmund, 8-1 away at Watford, 6-1 away at Roma.

Mazuuurk
07-11-2017, 08:00 PM
If I buy a CD key from one of these random sites like instant gaming, can I play the Beta and all that?

Dark Soldier
07-11-2017, 08:07 PM
Not if its an unaffiliated site.

You do with this, however :

https://2game.com/football-manager-2018

Mazuuurk
07-11-2017, 08:20 PM
Ta, that's the one I used.

On the train, lads :cool:

Thinking Milan maybe, this year. Or another damn save with Arsenal.

Mazuuurk
07-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Lol the first thing that happens in this arsenal game of mine is that the damn 2022 World Cup is moved to Australia "due to Club protests about scheduling"

:cab:

wullie
08-11-2017, 09:35 AM
I've employed an attacking 4-3-3 as Cov and it seemed to work wonders. Was flirting with the playoffs until around December when it clicked and we couldn't be stopped and ended up walking League 2 by a mile. I don't know if it's the system I use of the fact that it's League 2, but I started my League 1 campaign by battering Plymouth 7-1 at home so the jury's still out.

Haven't got to grips with the scouting system yet, previously you'd ask for a report and they'd come back a few days later whereas now it goes into a whole scouting hub. What do the analysts do this time round?

Mazuuurk
08-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Only a few games in so far, but from what I've seen having at least a few people up front and chucking the ball forward seems like the way to go here, even at a high level.

I made a possession based 2-3-2-1-2 (you know with wingbacks and 2 strikers) with Arsenal, and it worked OK but as soon as I start to play more direct I score more goals.

John Arne
08-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Starting to finally get in to this. Commentary only is still way too slow - however, it is a problem that SI are aware of. My biggest gripe is still that utterly disgusting UI - notably the awful half time tactics screen (horizontal pitch, ugly, ugly bright green background).

wullie
08-11-2017, 11:31 AM
The two main graphical things that I didn't like where the pitch markings on news items like team of the week would stretch outside the pitch image itself, and for night games the pitch would be brighter than the sun. The most recent update fixed the former and I haven't noticed the latter in a while, but my title screen Vinnie Mac now looks like a pale ghost instead of the bronzed Adonis he was.

John
08-11-2017, 11:42 AM
Lol the first thing that happens in this arsenal game of mine is that the damn 2022 World Cup is moved to Australia "due to Club protests about scheduling"

:cab:

That world cup was almost always moved in 2017 too.

Mazuuurk
08-11-2017, 12:49 PM
That world cup was almost always moved in 2017 too.

Ah really, never noticed! I suppose I only did like 2 games on last version anyway.

Is there some specific reason they are doing that or is it just kind of a "political" jibe from SI?

Jimmy Floyd
08-11-2017, 01:31 PM
I think it's so they don't have to arse about changing the schedule for that season.

Disco
08-11-2017, 01:53 PM
They're big on consistency so anything that fucks with the normal schedule/calendar is probably going to get changed.

Mazuuurk
08-11-2017, 02:07 PM
Oh shit, it's doing that weird fucking Penalty shootout system ABBA or what they call it.

Manc
08-11-2017, 11:49 PM
Waterloo.

Jimmy Floyd
09-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Sung by Pierce Brosnan.

Jimmy Floyd
09-11-2017, 03:48 PM
https://twitter.com/iainmacintosh/status/928638779086209026

Check out the replies. Give it up, Guido, mate.

Boydy
09-11-2017, 04:39 PM

Check out the replies. Give it up, Guido, mate.

He's doing a 3,000 word (and counting) write-up and has a patreon for his FM shite. Fuck me.

Giggles
09-11-2017, 04:41 PM
The bigger issue there is that there's even one person paying money to make having it worthwhile.

wullie
09-11-2017, 05:22 PM
These replies are clearly just the seething fury of n00bs calling "hackz" and "exploitz" :happycry::offshore:

Mike
09-11-2017, 05:35 PM
To be fair to him, his site is pretty good at times, I’ve read to and used to to make my own tactics.

Giggles
09-11-2017, 05:40 PM
There's that one person then.

Jimmy Floyd
09-11-2017, 05:41 PM
I've been playing on and off for almost 20 years, but I'm absolutely shit at it. Does that make me a n00b?

Mike
09-11-2017, 05:49 PM
There's that one person then.

Ha, I'd never pay like. His guide for setting up corners and free kicks was very handy though.

Adramelch
09-11-2017, 06:00 PM
I've been playing on and off for almost 20 years, but I'm absolutely shit at it. Does that make me a n00b?

I don't think you should post here ever again tbf. Begone n00b!

Weaver
09-11-2017, 06:12 PM
The bigger issue there is that there's even one person paying money to make having it worthwhile.

How much of the TTH FUND does Mike have access to? Cause it might actually be all of us funding Guido’s merry little site.

Mike
09-11-2017, 06:21 PM
The fund built the PC I play FM on, apart from that though I've not touched it.

Manc
09-11-2017, 07:35 PM
Excited for this. Played 17 extensively on my mobile and enjoyed it greatly. Taking Denmark to a World Cup final being the highlight.

Didn't spend any time in England so I'm tempted by Wolves/Everton.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
09-11-2017, 07:56 PM
Anyone else still stuck on an older version? Got back into my FM12 save again recently, not far off the 1500 hour mark now. :rasta:

Giggles
09-11-2017, 08:20 PM
An interview with someone involved in SI. I didn't get too far into it.

http://pca.st/vYY9

Baz
09-11-2017, 09:40 PM

Check out the replies. Give it up, Guido, mate.Fair play. Strangers pay him to play a computer game he likes.

We’re all only jealous really.

Shindig
09-11-2017, 10:23 PM
You say that but then a streamers life is basically being paid to be unemployed.

Baz
09-11-2017, 10:25 PM
What a life that would be. :drool:

Jimmy Floyd
09-11-2017, 10:49 PM
It must be absolute buttons he gets, and given how fraught and defensive all his tweets are it must be pretty stressful as well. I'll stick with the Koreans.

Danny
09-11-2017, 11:12 PM
An interview with someone involved in SI. I didn't get too far into it.

http://pca.st/vYY9

Miles was on Quick Kevin Will he score a while back and he was not the dick I have become accustomed to. He was actually pretty funny.

Dark Soldier
09-11-2017, 11:16 PM
Official release is out now, 500mbish update

Shindig
09-11-2017, 11:30 PM
Miles was on Quick Kevin Will he score a while back and he was not the dick I have become accustomed to. He was actually pretty funny.

I remember the BBC thing they did a couple of years back where Miles denied Tonton Zolo Moukoko's very existence.

Danny
09-11-2017, 11:41 PM
I remember the BBC thing they did a couple of years back where Miles denied Tonton Zolo Moukoko's very existence.

They discussed him on the podcast, and others, and he said it was a big disappointment and he tries to forget those where it goes wrong (like To Maderia)

Dark Soldier
09-11-2017, 11:44 PM
Well the regen faces are finally fucking improved. Not amazing but better than the horror show of the last couple years.

wullie
10-11-2017, 12:20 AM
I'm hesitant to update to the release version, I've got a good thing going early on and fear the slightest change will bring it all crashing down

https://i.imgur.com/hsQvuHK.png

John Arne
10-11-2017, 03:36 AM
The new patch (full game) has massively increased commentary only speed, which is awesome. Now for some nice skins, and we are done.

Baz
10-11-2017, 07:07 AM
Default skin with instant result button is all you need.

https://www.fmscout.com/a-wannachup-instant-result-fm18-skin.html

:thbup:

Giggles
10-11-2017, 07:48 AM
I'd normally have got this by now but the thoughts of setting up that dreaded first preseason (staff, training, etc) is putting me right off. Main reason why I normally only ever have one save per version.

It's €30 on CDKeys at the moment.

Mazuuurk
10-11-2017, 08:12 AM
Just go for a big club and let the assistant do everything for you. Works for me.

wullie
10-11-2017, 08:06 PM
The update ballsed up Vince so Ice Cube's now in charge

https://i.imgur.com/GoxJHcC.png

Shindig
10-11-2017, 10:45 PM
"So, would you have this down as one of your better days?"
:|

Bernanke
11-11-2017, 11:42 PM
The UI is absolutely horrendous in this version. There's so much info absolutely everywhere.

Mike
12-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Won the League Cup with Liverpool.... Check out the celebrations :D
https://i.imgur.com/HX3od7R.png

https://i.imgur.com/8sL5XlR.png

Giggles
12-11-2017, 09:56 AM
Just go for a big club and let the assistant do everything for you. Works for me.

This is a Godsend.

CJay
12-11-2017, 11:01 AM
The UI is absolutely horrendous in this version. There's so much info absolutely everywhere.

Yeah, I think that too. Diving into the game for the first time you are utterly swamped. It’s remarkable how bloated it’s become.

Mazuuurk
12-11-2017, 01:19 PM
So far I'm doing surprisingly well in the first season with Arsenal. Welbeck is killing it, 17 goals from only 9 starts or something (a lot in the cups admittedly).

Playing this sort of X-mas tree 2-3-2-1-2 formation with Wing backs and an AMC, working pretty well.

Dquincy
12-11-2017, 03:11 PM
Anyone else still stuck on an older version? Got back into my FM12 save again recently, not far off the 1500 hour mark now. :rasta:

I still play FM11 every now and then. I'm in 2052.

Baz
12-11-2017, 10:11 PM
Those graphics. :sick: It’s 2017 and that’s the best they can do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COYLVShkvgw

Mazuuurk
13-11-2017, 08:07 AM
Finished 2nd in the league in the end at fucking 93 points I think, 1 point behind United :moop:

It was a two-horse race between us for the last two months of the league, where United was constantly 1-3 points ahead, I annihilated them at home 6-0, but after that they just refused to drop any points.

Giggles
14-11-2017, 04:53 PM
From what I've been hearing and reading, this could be the final straw version. People really aren't impressed at all.

Baz
14-11-2017, 06:14 PM
From what I've been hearing and reading, this could be the final straw version. People really aren't impressed at all.What’s their beef?

Giggles
14-11-2017, 06:22 PM
What’s their beef?

Most things seem to be media still being utter rubbish after years of the same and the general information overload and poor UI this time round. Does anyone like the new scouting or pre match stuff?

Dark Soldier
14-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Most things seem to be media still being utter rubbish after years of the same and the general information overload and poor UI this time round. Does anyone like the new scouting or pre match stuff?

I don't mind it, its literally maybe a click or two more. Scouting works pretty much the same, its just organised differently, and the pre-match stuff can be skipped.

Wankers love to moan, though. Its more of the same, as it will always be.

wullie
15-11-2017, 12:08 AM
Second season's going well

https://i.imgur.com/AUUKaiz.png

Mazuuurk
15-11-2017, 08:23 AM
Some top level (Arsenal) player suggestions? Like wonderkids etc.

I need a defender and someone to make up for Sanchez leaving. Mathias de Light looks the shit but Chelsea snatched him. And I'm hunting Maximiliano Romero, but doubting he'll get a WP.

Any other suggestions? Would prefer not having to pay over 30M or so.

John Arne
15-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Lautaro Martinez is a cracking young striker - will cost around $8-15m

John Arne
15-11-2017, 01:18 PM
Anyone else's Reserve and Youth team managers not arranging friendlies for them, even when set to do so?

Mazuuurk
15-11-2017, 01:24 PM
Lautaro Martinez is a cracking young striker - will cost around $8-15m

Ta, though in the end I signed Alexander Isak for 36M, mainly just because he's Swedish but he does look like the shit.

Mike
15-11-2017, 04:14 PM
If you still need a defender, Jose Gimenez from Atletico Madrid has been solid for me. Cost me over £50 mil though.

Giggles
15-11-2017, 06:21 PM
I paid 60m for some Vallejo lad from one of the Madrids.

Dark Soldier
15-11-2017, 08:44 PM
If you still need a defender, Jose Gimenez from Atletico Madrid has been solid for me. Cost me over £50 mil though.

Rugani is better and is half the price.

De Ligt is God mode.

Mazuuurk
15-11-2017, 10:41 PM
Yeah De Ligt seems like something really special.

In the end I got John Stones, not sure about that but he was transfer listed and only 20.5M, so I figured he's English as well, can't be that terrible. Still have a season or two with Koscielny, and I also got Reece Oxford who looks like he could turn out pretty decent.

Manc
15-11-2017, 10:44 PM
Anyone finding 18 an easy ride? Won Serie A with Inter at my first attempt. 90 points amassed and only two defeats all season. We weren't anything special.

Mazuuurk
15-11-2017, 11:16 PM
dont you dare ruin this for me...!

Mike
16-11-2017, 10:31 PM
Finished my first season with Liverpool.
https://i.imgur.com/4ctFmUD.png

https://i.imgur.com/4tkQkH8.png
https://i.imgur.com/drIUzuy.png
https://i.imgur.com/qZU0Wcu.png

https://i.imgur.com/bWMPoeM.png

https://i.imgur.com/ELQ5MUI.png

https://i.imgur.com/sb9GsdM.png

https://i.imgur.com/sLeyhia.png

:cool2:

nsd
17-11-2017, 09:23 AM
Sturaro has been a must-buy on these early patches, he's been great for me at Stoke. As has Thomas Delaney from Werder, who are usually relegated. Just a shame Angel Correa isn't listed from the start any more.

Mike
17-11-2017, 10:01 PM
This new shirt sponsor seems a tad large
https://i.imgur.com/YgRwd4M.png

Giggles
17-11-2017, 10:06 PM
When is Touch out? I can't be arsed loading up the main one again.

Mike
17-11-2017, 10:08 PM
It's out. You get it free with the full game.

Giggles
17-11-2017, 10:16 PM
It's out. You get it free with the full game.

For Android and iOS I mean. I only see 2017 in the Play Store. If I'm going to play the pared back one then there's no point in hauling out a laptop to do it.

Reg
17-11-2017, 10:16 PM
That's feasible, I think, Mike. United's Adidas deal is 75m/year apparently.

Mike
17-11-2017, 10:22 PM
I misread it as £300m a year :D

And sorry Giggles I thought you meant on PC. I know the iphone version is out, but not sure about the ipad one. They're different right?

First deal of the summer is Sanchez in from Arsenal on a free. I'm meant to start my proper save tomorrow....might be tough to stop playing this one.

Giggles
17-11-2017, 10:26 PM
I misread it as £300m a year :D

And sorry Giggles I thought you meant on PC. I know the iphone version is out, but not sure about the ipad one. They're different right?

First deal of the summer is Sanchez in from Arsenal on a free. I'm meant to start my proper save tomorrow....might be tough to stop playing this one.

Yeah I think there's FM Touch and FM Mobile. The latter isn't worth the bother.

I think you can play cross platform with the same save on Touch too, so the PC one will be handy anyway.

Giggles
17-11-2017, 10:28 PM
Just read there it's been delayed until this day week.

Mike
17-11-2017, 10:37 PM
For those playing, how do I scout the world cup?

Am I just being thick? I used to just set up a new assignment on 17 and pick competition> World Cup.... where is that now?

Mike
18-11-2017, 01:32 PM
Right, started my big journeyman save. Started jobless.
https://i.imgur.com/amsvzU9.png

Might as well just give me the league title now.
https://i.imgur.com/lOoT8A1.png

Can't afford scouts or anything but John is in! :cool2:

Manc
21-11-2017, 12:19 AM
Diaby running my Oviedo midfield. Peak fm. :cool:

Mazuuurk
21-11-2017, 08:42 AM
I really like the tactic I've created. And for once I just sort of did it all myself without looking too much at some cheat-tactic from FMBase or something, which is a lot more fun.

It's just really quite solid, I don't score a lot even though to me it seems very attacking, but it's one of those tactics where I can just adjust the mentality a bit depending on the opposition and it works with both Attacking and a Counter mentality without having to change anything else.

I have some other 4-3-3 tactics trained, but in the end I never use them anymore.

So far in the 2nd season I'm top of PL half way through, and breezed through my CL group which, after all, consisted of Real Madrid, AC Milan & Salzburg.

Of course, only to be drawn Barcelona in the Ro16 :moop:

Lacazette is fucking killing it up top as well. Top scorer AND top assister :cool:

Mike
21-11-2017, 01:26 PM
I always play it making my own tactics. I just enjoy it that way more. Normally building a tactic to fit my players.