PDA

View Full Version : Pundit Pardiola

Manc
08-08-2017, 03:18 PM
Sky have snapped up the Pards. Here's to him absolutely raping it.

On the subject, is Sutton still dominating the scene?

Jimmy Floyd
08-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Everything coming out of Sky seems to indicate they're in real trouble. They are losing golf majors hand over fist as they can't compete financially; all their football 'magazine' output seems to have been cut or massively slimmed down (hence filming it in the canteen etc), and even their advertising is nowhere near as singing and dancing as it used to be. In cricket they have cut almost all their studio output other than the stuff at actual grounds before and after play.

And now as Frank Lampard signs for BT, they pick up Pardew.

I think that Thierry Henry bullshit finished Sky, looking back.

Lewis
08-08-2017, 03:31 PM
I would ask Jeff Stelling who his five best mates are, sack him and them, and then just hope it all sorts itself out.

Lewis
08-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Alternatively, use their half-arsed Saturday afternoon rugby league coverage as the model. Thurdays and Fridays get some build-up and actual coverage, but on Saturdays, when they use French coverage and don't bother taking their own cameras, the programme starts five minutes before kick-off, which is just enough time for the team news and whatever other crap to be read out, and then three blokes in the gantry (you never see them) just witter over the match.

Ian
08-08-2017, 03:42 PM
I saw an ad for some show with him and Wright where in the wordcloud thing they used to promote it one of the words was "Relevant."

If you're having to tell us....

Giggles
08-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Everything coming out of Sky seems to indicate they're in real trouble. They are losing golf majors hand over fist as they can't compete financially; all their football 'magazine' output seems to have been cut or massively slimmed down (hence filming it in the canteen etc), and even their advertising is nowhere near as singing and dancing as it used to be. In cricket they have cut almost all their studio output other than the stuff at actual grounds before and after play.

And now as Frank Lampard signs for BT, they pick up Pardew.

I think that Thierry Henry bullshit finished Sky, looking back.

Have they lost another major? All I'd seen is that they lost the one that nobody gives a shit about and gained the main one.

Jimmy Floyd
08-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Have they lost another major? All I'd seen is that they lost the one that nobody gives a shit about and gained the main one.

Word on the street is they'll be losing Augusta to BT, and the US Open also in grave danger.

Giggles
08-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Word on the street is they'll be losing Augusta to BT, and the US Open also in grave danger.

That would be a blow indeed. I though BT had put some money man in charge who was doing mad cutting back on sport though?

Spammer
08-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Thierry Henry bullshit? What was that?

Ian
08-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Hiring him and making as big a deal of it as if they'd, say, got some new sports coverage. Rather than losing coverage rights left and right and replacing it with just another annoying pundit.

Manc
08-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Terry Henners.

They should go all out for Keane. Would he wear a suit? Absolutely not.

Yevrah
08-08-2017, 06:11 PM
While Sky are losing stuff left, right and centre surely it's because they know the value of it (while BT are just going balls deep to penetrate the market)?

I mean, don't about 12 people and a dog watch their coverage? So how the hell are they making any money out of it.

Shindig
08-08-2017, 06:16 PM
What they need is MotoGP rights. Currently in BT's pocket. D'oh.