PDA

View Full Version : [FOOTBALL] Darron Gibson: "We're fucking shit."

Reg
30-07-2017, 05:49 PM
More freds.

The Sunderland midfielder Darron Gibson has claimed his team are “fucking shit” and has accused a number of his team-mates of not being committed to the club.

Gibson was filmed on Saturday evening, after Sunderland’s 5-0 friendly defeat to Celtic, in conversation with a group of supporters. Seemingly speaking under the influence of alcohol, he invited the fans to name players whose effort was lacking and contrasted their attitudes with his own.

“We’re fucking shit,” he said, before being asked whether that bothered him. “Of course I am [bothered]. I don’t want to be shit. There are too many people are the club who don’t give a fuck.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/30/darron-gibson-sunderland-shit-team-mates-championship

phonics
30-07-2017, 06:09 PM
I heard they were a midtable Premier League team.

Kikó
30-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Has he asked what ScousePig thinks?

Giggles
30-07-2017, 07:33 PM
The unfortunate thing is that most of the players that don't give a fuck are still more use than he is, because he's fucking useless.

ScousePig
30-07-2017, 07:35 PM
It's a slightly different account to the one I read on the Sunderland message board from one of the people who he was speaking with. Not that that was much better mind, as he was basically saying he doesn't give a shit either.

And fwiw we were a mid-table side, albeit very briefly, under Allardyce. That team was decimated last season, and further since. Of the strongest team that finished that season under Allardyce, only three remain, funnily enough two are mentioned in that article.

Magic
30-07-2017, 07:37 PM
I think they might go straight down again. :)

EDIT: LOL forgot who was in charge. Straight back up!

Baz
30-07-2017, 08:02 PM
He's just yet-another football alcoholic.

Shindig
30-07-2017, 08:03 PM
I was looking at their league history and they have been as low as the third tier in 1987. It could be a grim season for them.

ScousePig
30-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Yep, the first and only time in our history we've been that low.

So far.