PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Premier League 2017/18

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Weaver
06-07-2017, 12:04 PM
After Andy's late five point victory last year, the 2017/18 Fantasy Premier League is open for business on Monday 10th July, with Gameweek 1 beginning on Friday 11th August with Arsenal vs Leicester.

It looks like there's going to be some kind of Draft mode added this year, but I've no idea what that entails until the game is open.

I reckon there's still loads of transfers to be done, but does anyone have any early choices?

EDIT: TTH League Code is 106-3187
EDIT 2: TTH Draft League Code is 26438-8595

Offshore Toon
06-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Gayle is probably worth a punt early on. He'll be cheap and the focal point of our attack. Dummett should be a cheap starter in a defensive side as well.

Pleb
06-07-2017, 06:26 PM
This new drafting system looks a bit tasty.

Lukaku could be worth a steal but he'll probably get a £10-£15m price tag snapped onto him. Lacazette is getting £10m which maybe worth a :drool:

Andy
06-07-2017, 09:59 PM
Lukaku will be around 12m I think.

I'll probably stick Lukaku and Kane in and then build my team from there.

Samadini
09-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Draft mode is built for around 8 people so we will need a few different groups. I cba organising, particularly as I'll be on holiday once it all starts, but I'll join a group when someone makes one.

Weaver
10-07-2017, 10:41 AM
I thought the game opened today, but I'm still being shown last year's scores and stuff, so no idea.

The FPL twitter account is posting some prices of players at the minute:
Tom Heaton (BUR) - £5m

Harry Maguire (LEI) - £5m

Dele Alli (TOT) - £9.5m
Mohamed Salah (LIV) - £9m
Leroy Sane (MCI) - £8.5m
Paul Pogba (MNU) - £8m
Davy Klaasen (EVE) - £7.5m
Cesc Fabregas (CHE) - £7m
Manuel Lanzini (WHU) - £7m
Nathan Redmond (SOU) - £6.5m
Tom Ince (HUD) - £6m
Anthony Knockaert (BHA) - £6m
Joe Allen (STK) - £5.5m

Alexandre Lacazette (ARS) - £10.5m
Christian Benteke (CRY) - £8m
Josh King (BOU) - £7.5m
Fernando Llorente (SWA) - £7.5m
Dwight Gayle (NEW) - £6m

A player from Watford and West Brom to go.

Dave.
10-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Some of those prices look decent. I will be considering Ince, Knockaert, Llorente and Alli for my team. Possibly Benteke or Lacazette too.

Dave.
12-07-2017, 10:38 AM
The game has officially opened and we can select our teams. :cool:

SvN
12-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Let's see if I can keep my interest beyond October this season.

Andy
12-07-2017, 10:52 AM
I have renewed the league.

Dave.
12-07-2017, 11:03 AM
I have renewed the league.

What's the code for it? I wasn't in this league last year.

Dave.
12-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Forster, Begovic
Dunk, Lowe, Dawson, Mawson, Milner
Alli, Pogba, Zaha, Allen, Fabregas
Kane, Benteke, Llorente

Is my first draft. Will change about 7 trillion times before the season starts though.:D

Lufcdanny
12-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Just incase the code can only be PM'd then I'd like to join too!

Baz
12-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Here's the winning team:

https://i.imgur.com/4YMEqPX_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Pleb
12-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Send me the code Andy :chief:

Andy
13-07-2017, 04:22 PM
106-3187

Dave.
13-07-2017, 04:27 PM
106-3187

:cool: I'm in, lets do this!

Dave.
13-07-2017, 04:29 PM
Transferred in Trippier, Pedro and Sandro instead of Milner, Fabregas and Llorente.

Really unsure who to go for as the last striker though.

Andy
14-07-2017, 07:32 AM
I'm looking at Deeney as as safe third striker. Think Watford will be the surprise package this season with Silva in charge. Deeney will play every week and he's on penalties.

Dave.
14-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Not a bad shout, I don't like the look of many strikers in the 7.5 and below range. I could bench Deeney a few times too, as I have other options throughout my squad. Tammy Abraham might be worth a look at 5.5 if Llorente starts the season injured.

rush
14-07-2017, 12:04 PM
I'm [not so quietly] seething about not captaining Kane in the final match of last season and losing the league.

Debating whether to go Kane/Lukaku/Aguero and lower-priced 4th and 5th midfielders or just Kane/Lukaku and have a more balanced team.

I think the prices this year lend themselves to 3-5-2, but it wouldn't surprise me to see weaker defences and midfields with 3 premium strikers (at least until the first wildcard).

Andy
14-07-2017, 12:31 PM
I'm [not so quietly] seething about not captaining Kane in the final match of last season and losing the league.

Debating whether to go Kane/Lukaku/Aguero and lower-priced 4th and 5th midfielders or just Kane/Lukaku and have a more balanced team.

I think the prices this year lend themselves to 3-5-2, but it wouldn't surprise me to see weaker defences and midfields with 3 premium strikers (at least until the first wildcard).

It was a close finish.

The cream always rises to the top though. :rotate:

Dave.
14-07-2017, 01:00 PM
There will be a different name at the top of the table this year. :eyemouth:

I think Benteke is well-priced at 8.0, while Trippier will be a bargain at 5.5 if Tottenham don't sign a new right back. My team is well balanced, Kane is my luxury striker and I have no Lukaku, Aguero or Jesus. Will probably leave the team as it is near enough but still deciding between De Bruyne and Alli.

I definitely have the best combination of goalkeepers though given the fixtures. :cool:

Dave.
15-07-2017, 09:21 AM
I had a change of heart and changed my squad considerably. I'm going with Kane, Lukaku and Benteke up front, resulting in a budget defence. A friend of mine referred to it as a "Pound Shop Defence" so I've changed my team name to that. If I end up winning our league then he'll have egg on his face! :lol:

Foster, Fabianski
Cedric, Tomkins, Lascelles, Simpson, G Johnson (unsure about him but want a Stoke 4.5 defender)
Alli, Pogba, Willian, J Allen, Cabaye (could change, depends on who'll start for Palace at centre mid, might have money to upgrade elsewhere)
Kane, Lukaku, Benteke

Andy
15-07-2017, 12:17 PM
I'm looking at something like:

Foster Myhill

Lindelof, Cedric, Prodl, Lowe, Tomkins
KDB, Sane, Pogba, Redmond, RLC
Lukaku, Kane, Deeney

Dave.
17-07-2017, 02:42 PM
Shawcross, Pedro and Loftus-Cheek in for Glen Johnson, Willian and Cabaye.

Going to stick with this I reckon.:cool:

Reg
17-07-2017, 10:28 PM
Dunk https://www.premierleague.com/news/437940?sf98357767=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

There are a few interesting players for us. I recommend new keeper Ryan (4.5) as I think we'll keep some clean sheets at home - not against City in the first game though. I imagine our first choice defence will be Bruno, Duffy, Dunk and the new left-back Suttner (who will probably take some set pieces).

Knockaert* and (more risky, and another new guy) Groß are decent bets for midfielders. Both set piece takers as well.

*Currently injured so keep an eye on it.

niko_cee
17-07-2017, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I had Dunk and Knockaert in a draft team. Dunk should be value for some set piece goals and Knockaert should be the one taking them . . .

Reg
17-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Yeah, there's a few possible set piece takers - right-footed Skalak/Murphy/Groß and left Knockaert/Suttner. Knockaert will have most of the free-kicks. I'm guessing the XI will be:

Ryan
Bruno - Duffy - Dunk - Suttner
Knockaert - Stephens - Sidwell - Skalak/Murphy
Groß
Murray

John Arne
18-07-2017, 06:16 AM
Who is up for joining a draft mini-league also?

The draft game was supposed to start yesterday, but still doesn't seem to be activated.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/427772

Baz
18-07-2017, 11:38 AM
I'll be in the draft, please. (Presuming I can be involved in more than one.)

Having Lacazette, Lukaku and Kane has left me so few funds for everywhere else, especially when I'm insisting on having Dele Alli.

Dave.
18-07-2017, 07:38 PM
I don't really know how the draft works but I'll give it a go.:thbup:

P_3
18-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Foster, Elliot
Trippier, David Luiz, Bertrand, Dunk, Mee
Alli, Coutinho, Capoue, Carroll, Loftus-Cheek
Lukaku, Jesus, Lacazette

Midfield is so weak but front three and defence should carry me through the first few weeks.

Dave.
19-07-2017, 07:45 AM
The team above looks decent (especially in defence). Not sure that Jesus will start for Manchester City though.

Martina/Holgate at Everton might be worth a go. Coleman is out injured at the start and these two are the contenders for Everton's right back/right wing back slot. Priced at 4.5 too.:thbup:

Reg
20-07-2017, 04:01 PM
Knockaert out for three weeks (and our injuries always take longer than the club says they will) so I'd avoid for now.

-james-
20-07-2017, 04:50 PM
De Gea, Elliott
Baines, Luiz, Kolasinac, Cedric, Dunk
Redmond, Pogba, Sane, Mane, March
Lukaku, Ian Nacho, Gayle

John Arne
22-07-2017, 09:14 AM
FPL DRAFT

The draft league is live. Code for TTH League is 26438-8595. It's a head-to-head scoring system (this seems to be the most popular amongst others leagues).

The draft date is currently 5th Aug at midday (London time) - this can be changed, but it makes sense to set a date now so that people can arrange their time.

Max 16 players.

Dave.
22-07-2017, 10:02 AM
FPL DRAFT

The draft league is live. Code for TTH League is 26438-8595. It's a head-to-head scoring system (this seems to be the most popular amongst others leagues).

The draft date is currently 5th Aug at midday (London time) - this can be changed, but it makes sense to set a date now so that people can arrange their time.

Max 16 players.

:cool:

Doing my watchlist now, how many players would people recommend having on this?

John Arne
22-07-2017, 10:11 AM
Given you need a squad of 15, and there's going to play around 10-16 of us in the league - I reckon you need a good number of players on the Watchlist... 40, perhaps?

Here's the FAQ from their website;

Q: Sounds exciting but, just to clarify, there are now two games for FPL fans?
The Scout: Yes, there are now two games to play.
1) The original Fantasy Premier League game with a £100m budget, which will launch in the week commencing 10 July.
2) The new FPL Draft game that will launch in the week commencing 17 July.
You can enter squads in both games, and they are both free to play.

Q: What size league works best?
The Scout: With each squad in a league unique, we have found that up to eight teams is the optimum size for a private league.
Public leagues will all consist of eight teams.

Q: Is there a squad budget?
The Scout: Player prices are not featured in FPL Draft.
A squad is selected through the draft process, with the order of picks deciding selection.

Q: How does the draft work?
The Scout: Before the draft process begins, a random order is generated which will "snake" from round to round of picks until all squads in a league are completed.
In a “snake draft” the pick order is reversed each round, for example:*
Round 1: Team A, Team B, Team C, Team D.
Round 2: Team D, Team C, Team B, Team A.

Q: Do I gain an advantage by picking first?
The Scout: No, not at all. You might get your top-priority player in the first round but, when you come to pick again, as the last manager in round 2, you may find your other main targets have been selected.
In this way, the draft ensures all managers have the opportunity to choose competitive and balanced squads.

Q: When will the draft take place?
The Scout: The administrator of a private league can decide the date and time of the draft. This must be completed before the Gameweek 1 deadline at 6.45pm on 11 August, 2017.
In a public league, the draft will take place around*24*hours after the first team joins.

Q: What if I cannot make the draft?
The Scout: Before the draft, each manager can create a Watchlist of players, listed in priority order, representing their top targets for each position.
If you are absent for the duration or for any part of the draft, the Watchlist is used to automatically make selections on your behalf.
If no Watchlist is selected, draft ranks are used to prioritise automatic selections.
Each player in the game is given a draft rank based on their total FPL points last season and/or their potential for points in 2017/18.

Q: How does my team score points?
The Scout says: Players collect points in the same way as in the traditional Fantasy Premier League game.
There is one exception: an FPL draft squad does not have a captain or vice-captain.

Q: How do I make transfers?
The Scout: After the draft, managers can make changes to their squads in two ways.
They can submit a “waiver request” for a new player or make a direct transfer from the free agents pool.
There are no direct transfers between managers.

Q: What is a free agent?
The Scout: A free agent is a player not selected in the draft. These players can be swapped into squads 24 hours before the Gameweek deadline during the Free Agency mode.
New players added to the game, or players released by other managers, do not immediately become free agents.
Initially, they can only be signed through a waiver request.

Q: What are waivers?
The Scout: Similar to the draft process; a waiver ensures all managers get the chance to pick up new signings or players released by other managers.
You make a waiver request when proposing to swap a player in your squad with an unselected player in the same position.
These requests are processed 24 hours before the Gameweek deadline.
Any number of waiver requests can be made, if you make more than one, they will need to be prioritised.

Q: How do waivers work?
The Scout: A round of waivers runs once a week.
On the waiver deadline, a process will look through all the requests and make the transfers.
The lowest-ranked team will get their first waiver choice.
Before the season starts the waiver order will be the reverse of the*draft*order.
Once a waiver request is successful, the team in question will move to the end of the waiver queue for that Gameweek.
After waivers are processed, free agency mode will be active until the Gameweek deadline.

Q: When will FPL Draft be available?
The Scout: FPL Draft will be released in the week commencing 17 July.
Fantasy Premier League is due to launch in the week commencing 10 July.

John Arne
24-07-2017, 06:39 AM
6 sign-ups for the draft so far.

More needed - get signed up.

Code for TTH League is 26438-8595

Samadini
24-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Didn't work when I tried. Guessing I have to go somewhere a bit different for draft. I'll try again later when I'm not limited to my phone.

John Arne
24-07-2017, 08:01 AM
Hit this link https://draft.premierleague.com/

Dave.
24-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Looking for a 4.5 midfielder to complete my squad. Looking at either Loftus-Cheek or Tom Carroll but does anyone think there any better options?

Thanks. :)

-james-
24-07-2017, 09:58 AM
I've gone for Chalobah, though im not sure he'll start.

Dave.
24-07-2017, 10:22 AM
I've gone for Chalobah, though im not sure he'll start.

Not a bad shout but Watford seem to have loads of players who play in a similar position. Looking at Swansea's midfielders, Ki is injured so Tom Carroll could play a bit. It doesn't matter too much as I have Pogba, Willian, Sane and De Bruyne as my main four midfielders but it would be good to have someone to cover for last minute injuries and suchlike.

Weaver
24-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Not a bad shout but Watford seem to have loads of players who play in a similar position. Looking at Swansea's midfielders, Ki is injured so Tom Carroll could play a bit. It doesn't matter too much as I have Pogba, Willian, Sane and De Bruyne as my main four midfielders but it would be good to have someone to cover for last minute injuries and suchlike.

Swansea have sold Jack Cork to Burnley too, and him and Carroll play similar positions/roles, so I'd reckon Carroll is quite likely to play games.

John Arne
26-07-2017, 04:49 AM
8 more needed for the FPL TTH Super DRAFT

Code for TTH League is 26438-8595

niko_cee
26-07-2017, 07:52 AM
I've joined it, but I'll probably just let the computer pick for me.

Lufcdanny
26-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Ive joined it but I am at a festival in the middle of a forest when the draft starts (Doubt the signal will be great). If it fills up and someone wants in who can actually be present for the draft let me know and I'll leave.

Jimmy Floyd
26-07-2017, 10:33 AM
I've joined both. I need something else to waste my time on during the winter months.

SvN
26-07-2017, 10:50 AM
I've joined the draft, but I've no idea what it is.

Offshore Toon
28-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Just joined the draft and completed my fantasy team. Can't be arsed putting much effort in at this stage.

Trancemeister
04-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Team at the moment

Foster

Cedric
Milner
Trippier

Loftus-Cheek
Alli
De Bruyne
Salah
Walters

Kane
Firmino

----
Elliott
Abraham
Daniels
Hegazi

Mazuuurk
04-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Currently like this:

de Gea

Milner
Holgate
Tomkins

Coutinho
Pogba
Walcott
De Bruyne

Benteke
Lukaku
Chicharito

Bench
Elliot
Prödl
Cresswell
Colback

---------------

Fairly happy with it. I would like to get one Spurs player in as well, but I also want to have one City player and De Bruyne feels like the only safe choice in City at the moment.

Having both Kane and Lukaku seems tricky.

Walcott's a gamble as well. If Ozil and Sanchez are both fit enough, they will play I suspect in the new 3-4-3 Arsenal seem to stick with now. Might chuck Walcott and Cresswell out and try to get something else in, but Cresswell is fairly cheap and West Ham look like they have a pretty decent squad this year (then again with Carroll not playing, maybe not so many assists...).

Baz
04-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Has anyone done or heard about a draft yet? I'm wondering if it's doable on an iPhone, or if you really need to be on a computer.

Hoping to get five of us in a pub together to do one, with one person doing it from home.

Samadini
04-08-2017, 11:48 PM
Works absolutely fine in browser on a phone. Haven't tried it on the awful app.

niko_cee
05-08-2017, 06:38 AM
Is it the draft today? I've tinkered with my watch list but I think I'm going to have to let the computer pick for me.

John Arne
05-08-2017, 07:35 AM
Yup, midday.

niko_cee
05-08-2017, 08:01 AM
Is there a limit on how many players you can have from one team in the draft?

Pen
05-08-2017, 09:37 AM
Currently like this:

de Gea

Milner
Holgate
Tomkins

Coutinho
Pogba
Walcott
De Bruyne

Benteke
Lukaku
Chicharito

Bench
Elliot
Prödl
Cresswell
Colback

---------------

Fairly happy with it. I would like to get one Spurs player in as well, but I also want to have one City player and De Bruyne feels like the only safe choice in City at the moment.

Having both Kane and Lukaku seems tricky.

Walcott's a gamble as well. If Ozil and Sanchez are both fit enough, they will play I suspect in the new 3-4-3 Arsenal seem to stick with now. Might chuck Walcott and Cresswell out and try to get something else in, but Cresswell is fairly cheap and West Ham look like they have a pretty decent squad this year (then again with Carroll not playing, maybe not so many assists...).

West Ham and Everton have horrendous fixtures at the start so you'd probably be better off binning Creswell and Holgate

Dave.
05-08-2017, 09:41 AM
The winning team:

Forster, Elliot
David Luiz, Cedric, Lascelles, Morgan, Angel Rangel
De Bruyne, Alli, Willian, Pogba, Carroll
Lukaku, Firmino, Benteke

Got about 50 players on my draft watchlist but won't be around for the start.

Weaver
05-08-2017, 10:32 AM
I've gone for:
Begovic, Hart
Cedric, Kolasinac, Trippier, David Luiz, Lejeune
Ritchie, Özil, Eriksen, Gueye, Townsend
Hernandez, Firmino, Kane.

Think I've covered the 'likely to start' bases and got the chance to get goals from midfielder.

Still might make a few changes as I'm not sure on the goalkeeper choices.

I've put 95 players on the draft watchlist so god knows what I'm going to end up with.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Pick 1 :drool:

John Arne
05-08-2017, 11:07 AM
I got Aguero 2nd pick. The watchlist works well, but having to wait for those who forgot is annoying.

Samadini
05-08-2017, 11:10 AM
This is going to take hours

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-08-2017, 11:15 AM
It's fine now as it's instant for those who missed, no idea why it wasn't instant from the start though.

John Arne
05-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Yup - I'm just finishing off my watchlist and I'll let that take care of it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-08-2017, 11:18 AM
You dick John Arne.

I was about to take Sandro :(

John Arne
05-08-2017, 11:38 AM
:) unlucky. That was actually quite fun once it kicked out the people not actually choosing.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-08-2017, 11:39 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RrVXX6W.png

I'll take that.

Weaver
05-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Mignolet, Ryan
Bertrand, Zouma, Reid, Mawson, Dann
Sigurdsson, David Silva, Klaasen, Toure, Townsend
Lacazette, Rooney, Gray

Happy with that.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-08-2017, 11:41 AM
I've just remembered about Coleman's broken leg \0/.

ffs.

Samadini
05-08-2017, 11:43 AM
My team is absolutely awful, can we start again?

John Arne
05-08-2017, 11:50 AM
I think I choose too many "hard working midfielders". The likes of Kante, despite being very good, tend only pick up about 100pts.

https://i.imgur.com/UhTmHQb.png

P_3
05-08-2017, 11:50 AM
Courtois, Butland
Otamendi, Danilo, Blind, Evans, Daniels
Coutinho, Mkhitaryan, Willian, Wijnaldum, Pereyra
Morata, Rashford, Rodriguez

:sorry:

John Arne
05-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Anyone want to trade one of my awesome defenders for a decent striker??

Keane, Matip or van Dijk....

Samadini
05-08-2017, 12:01 PM
Anyone want to trade one of my awesome defenders for a decent striker??

Keane, Matip or van Dijk....

You've already got Aguero, fuck off.

niko_cee
05-08-2017, 04:24 PM
I was quite liking my draft team until I got to the forwards. 5-4-1 ahoy.

How does the waiver system work?

John Arne
05-08-2017, 04:49 PM
THE DRAFT

The media had predicted for the following Top 10 draft picks;
1. Kane
2. Sanchez
3. Lakuka
4. Aguero
5. Hazard
6. Jesus
7. Lacazette
8. De Bruyne
9. Costa
10. Morata

So, the draft started with some 8 or 9 humans taking part, and the rest of the players left it up to the Watchlist.

Round 1
Mahow was chosen at random for Pick 1 and decided to plump for Harry Kane (1).
John Arne had Pick 2 and went for Aguero (4), presumably hoping that he would feature in more games than last seaons injury hit season.
Next up was DS who went for want-away Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez (2)
Pick 4 saw the first big shock as Baz went for de Gea (122)
Sam (who?) used his Pick 5 to take new Manchester striker Lukaku (3) to the Day Trippers
ML then snapped up De Bruyne (8) for his 6th pick
Pick 7 – Weaver went for Lacazette (7)
Pick 8 – Nico went for Sadio Mane (14)
Pick 9 – Sama went for last season’s impressive Dele Alli (11)
Pick 10 – Another shock decision, as Jimmy went for Eden hazard (5), who is injured for 2 months.
Pick 11 - Los Ingobernables saw the light, and decided to pick up Jesus (6) of Man City
Pick 12 – Bayern Eunuch decided to use their pick for China/MLS/Spain bound Diego Costa (9)
The final Pick of the Round was left to P_3 who went for debutant Spaniard Alvaro Morata (10), and then used his Round 2 Pick 1 to go for Barcelona's Phil Coutinho (15). P_3 also had the honour of closing the draft and went for Johnny Evans (227) in Round 15, Pick 13.

Matchday 1 Fixtures;
http://imgur.com/79RGNXw.jpg

John Arne
05-08-2017, 04:54 PM
I was quite liking my draft team until I got to the forwards. 5-4-1 ahoy.

How does the waiver system work?

You can use the Transactions tab to make requests for swapping your players on ‘waivers’. The waivers deadline is 24 hours before the Gameweek deadline and any requests that you make will be processed in turns. The order will be based on the draft order before the first deadline, then once the season starts, the lowest placed in the league will get first pick. Please see the section in the rules around ‘Transactions’ for more information.

If you click on the 'Transactions' tab, then scroll down to the players on the waiver list (those still available), once you have selected a player, you are then asked to choose which member of your team you want to remove. Come the deadline, the Waiver draft happens, and if no one else has gone for him (or someone has, but their pick is after you), then you get him.

Baz
05-08-2017, 08:10 PM
Site won't load on this wifi. Who have I ended up with besides the best goalie?

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Site won't load on this wifi. Who have I ended up with besides the best goalie?

http://i.imgur.com/nAG21hw.png

You're going to piss the league.

Baz
05-08-2017, 08:17 PM
Cheers. Yeah looks good. God I bet I drafted Rob Eliot dead early. :D

Mazuuurk
05-08-2017, 11:52 PM
What the fuck is going on? What is this about draft, watchlist...?

niko_cee
06-08-2017, 06:31 AM
There are 2 games. That main old style fantasy game where everyone has essentially the same players (come the end) and a yankee style draft for the 16 most ELiTE players, where every team is different, and hence some poor chumps have forward lines of Mitrovic, Andy Carroll and Same Vokes.

:cab:

I'm coming for you Floyd.

niko_cee
06-08-2017, 07:05 AM
On the subject of the draft, does anyone want to trade a top, top forward for either the City 'keeper or a Spud defender?

Or maybe I'll just keep my powder dry to be top of the waiver list (can this happen?) when Mbappe becomes available.

Samadini
06-08-2017, 09:30 AM
On the subject of the draft, does anyone want to trade a top, top forward for either the City 'keeper or a Spud defender?

Or maybe I'll just keep my powder dry to be top of the waiver list (can this happen?) when Mbappe becomes available.

I'm not in need of a defender, what midfielders have you got? I could be tempted to trade one of my elite strikers out for a midfielder, as mine are shite.

niko_cee
06-08-2017, 09:51 AM
Dier?

:harold:

Dave.
06-08-2017, 04:02 PM
My draft team looks pretty rubbish. Good defence and midfield but shit strikers. Like niko_cee, I'll probably go with one up top.

Found a great-value 4.5 defender for the normal game but I will be keeping this information to myself.:D

niko_cee
06-08-2017, 05:07 PM
I went big on defence, but, thinking about it, that was a poor decision. Not that big, I took Mané in round 1, but I guess I probably spaffed my next 4 or 5 picks on the defence. There are more defenders in the league so trying to corner the market in top club defenders (I basically have the whole Spurs defence) was foolish. That said, I will live and die by their ability to keep clean sheets, which is a tactic of sorts.

Jimmy Floyd
06-08-2017, 05:14 PM
I've ended up with a bunch of injured mongs and Vincent Janssen, so I've had to go for a reconstruction attempt on the waiver list. Like others, got away with it more on the defensive side so will be piling everyone behind the ball.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-08-2017, 05:42 PM
I'm happy with my strikers, as well as the rest of my team :)

Baz
06-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Found a great-value 4.5 defender for the normal game but I will be keeping this information to myself.:D

:thbdn:

P_3
06-08-2017, 05:54 PM
Alexander-Arnold or Moreno, I think.

niko_cee
06-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Trent's a goer for the first few weeks I reckon. Moreno's much more of a long-shot. Other Liverpool intel would be that Firmino could well be on pens this season, which, as well as his all round awesomeness (he looks like he has come on as a 'number 9' in pre-season), should make him a good value forward for £8.5m.

Dave.
06-08-2017, 09:50 PM
:thbdn:

Hegazi at West Brom.

He's a 4.5 defender and has started in all the preseason games. He is likely to start due to Gareth McAuley's injury and West Brom's opening fixtures are reasonable.

John Arne
07-08-2017, 03:31 AM
Trent's a goer for the first few weeks I reckon. Moreno's much more of a long-shot. Other Liverpool intel would be that Firmino could well be on pens this season, which, as well as his all round awesomeness (he looks like he has come on as a 'number 9' in pre-season), should make him a good value forward for £8.5m.

I have a suspicion that Gomez may start at right-back... bit more solid defensively than TAA, and I think Klopp has a thing for him.

Mazuuurk
07-08-2017, 07:58 AM
I barely only have focus enough to go through a season with the normal format, so I think I'll pass trying to juggle two.

ScousePig
07-08-2017, 08:21 AM
Can yoh still join this draft, and is it clear on the website what you need to do?

niko_cee
07-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Don't think so but you could probably start another one if you could get 16 more players.

John Arne
07-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Can yoh still join this draft, and is it clear on the website what you need to do?

I believe you can still join our league - however, you can only choose from the players left over!

26438-8595

Pleb
07-08-2017, 09:17 PM
What's with the app suddenly being shite? :cab:

Pen
08-08-2017, 04:36 AM
The app has always been utter tripe. Completely revamped my team yesterday. Really happy with the team, but is Gabbiadini sure to start? Soton have really favourable fixtures at the start and I'd want to have their first choice starter.

Mazuuurk
08-08-2017, 07:30 AM
Hmm that's a good shout actually. I went with Chicharito but West Ham have some quite tricky fixtures.

niko_cee
08-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Wasn't Gabbiadini absolutely tragic after his initial burst last season?

Jimmy Floyd
08-08-2017, 08:32 AM
My main game forward line is Gabbiadini, Firmino and Kane. Probably the pikiest trio imaginable.

Dave.
08-08-2017, 08:37 AM
Swapped in Cedric and Gabbiadini for Angel Rangel and Benteke, boosting my defence and taking advantage of Southampton's early fixtures. :thbup:

Andy
08-08-2017, 11:28 AM
The app has always been utter tripe. Completely revamped my team yesterday. Really happy with the team, but is Gabbiadini sure to start? Soton have really favourable fixtures at the start and I'd want to have their first choice starter.

He Will start but he's not nailed on for 90 mins with Long and Austin around. We're also supposedly on the hunt for a new number 9.

Lofty
09-08-2017, 10:21 AM
I'm in fuckers.

Baz
09-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Doing a LIVE draft in the pub later. 8 or 9 of us in the league, hopefully 6 or 7 of us in the pub, 1 doing it from home and 1 letting the computer pick. Should be fun.

Mike
09-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Or stressful

Pen
09-08-2017, 07:48 PM
He Will start but he's not nailed on for 90 mins with Long and Austin around. We're also supposedly on the hunt for a new number 9.

Any chance Pied is starting over Cedric against Swansea?

bruhnaldo
09-08-2017, 07:50 PM
is this already full up?

Jimmy Floyd
09-08-2017, 07:51 PM
You can join the normal league, draft one is a wrap I think.

Gray Fox
09-08-2017, 08:06 PM
The draft one would have to re-draft to include new players. If you wanted to join and use the players no one else picked up, you could, but I doubt either or those 2 things would really happen.

bruhnaldo
09-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Ah, no worries.

Samadini
10-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Anyone able to find a link for the website that hosted the league table position prediction game? My googling has only led me to some click bait articles.

mugbull
10-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Tried to name my team Dank and ended up with Danl. I'm just gonna have to live with that one.

Baz
10-08-2017, 07:00 PM
You can change your team name.

Was gonna make a thread but this'll do. What are some good/bad player or team name puns you've seen for fantasy teams?

I'm a big fan of Real SausageYaDad and Show Me The Mané. :nod:

Dave.
11-08-2017, 07:33 AM
You can change your team name.

Was gonna make a thread but this'll do. What are some good/bad player or team name puns you've seen for fantasy teams?

I'm a big fan of Real SausageYaDad and Show Me The Mané. :nod:

In one of the other leagues I'm in, someone has a team called Adam Johnson's Under 15s.:lol:

Jimmy Floyd
11-08-2017, 07:37 AM
My waiver spree has been successful. Niko now stands no chance. At least not if Laurent Depoitre gets on the pitch for 'uddersfield.

John Arne
11-08-2017, 08:00 AM
My waiver spree has been successful. Niko now stands no chance. At least not if Laurent Depoitre gets on the pitch for 'uddersfield.

Have you dumped Hazard? Or you keeping him in your back pocket?

Jimmy Floyd
11-08-2017, 08:02 AM
Firmly dans la poche.

niko_cee
11-08-2017, 08:17 AM
I've had that Depoitre fellow in my actual team on and off (now off) so he's bound to bowl in with a classic centre-forward's hattrick this weekend.

niko_cee
11-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Also, lol at John Arne trying to poach first round picks, the little rapscallion.

John Arne
11-08-2017, 09:09 AM
Also, lol at John Arne trying to poach first round picks, the little rapscallion.

It was worth a cheeky try!

Weaver
11-08-2017, 12:46 PM
FPL goes into LOCKDOWN at 6:45pm tonight.

Dave.
11-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Benteke and Tom Carroll (with intention of not starting him at all) or Zaha and Abraham (also mainly a bench player)?

phonics
11-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Here's mine. I don't think it's very good.

http://imgur.com/9uu7l6o.png

I always get sucked in by defenders.

Jimmy Floyd
11-08-2017, 02:56 PM
I'm currently debating the merits of Iheanacho v Gabbiadini. Shakespeare is exactly the sort of twat who won't start the former until February. Neither of them offer a great deal other than goals, but are sexy finishers for the price.

Might just side with the pizza muncher on early opposition.

Weaver
11-08-2017, 03:41 PM
Anyone able to find a link for the website that hosted the league table position prediction game? My googling has only led me to some click bait articles.

I've just had a link on Twitter for Fantasy Football Fix - is that the one?

Manc
11-08-2017, 05:23 PM
I've sneaked in.

Wilian, Mane and Zaha behind Kane and Aguero. Woof.

Pen
11-08-2017, 05:41 PM
My team:

Foster/Heaton
Def: Davies, Bailly, Lejeune, Hegazi, Mee
Mid: Matic, De Bruyne, Alli, Fabregas, William
Att: Jesus, Lukaku, Ayew

Just made a last minute triple sub. Cedric, Eriksen and Gabbiadini out and Bailly, Matic and Jesus in.

bruhnaldo
11-08-2017, 05:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pThhkjk.png

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-08-2017, 05:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MV17fsU.png

bruhnaldo
11-08-2017, 05:48 PM
any suggestions appreciated (tho i guess we are all in the same league so maybe that doesn't make sense)

Pen
11-08-2017, 06:29 PM
Sigurdsson and Rüdiger probably won't play Bruh. Lindelöf and Fosu-Mensah aren't sure to start either.

bruhnaldo
11-08-2017, 06:47 PM
oh fuck that's right cuase he might fuck off to Everton

didn't know shit about Rudiger tho just assumed since he's new he'd get thrown into the squad smh

thx bub.

niko_cee
12-08-2017, 05:09 PM
Sam Vokes to the rescue for my draft horror show.

Cahill botching it on all fronts.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Already made a transfer for next week.

Dunk out for Hegazi.

So fuck you all who had him before, he's going to be jinxed now.

Pleb
12-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Should of made Morata captain :moop:

niko_cee
13-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Spurs heavy defence. :cool:

Fucking Danny Rose though.

I assume the draft makes subs as per the normal game.

Waffdon
13-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Few players have came in clutch scoring but christ I've fucked it with my defenders. No one playing.

Baz
13-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Hegazi at West Brom.

He's a 4.5 defender and has started in all the preseason games. He is likely to start due to Gareth McAuley's injury and West Brom's opening fixtures are reasonable.Absolutely top shout, this. :thbup:

Had him as my first sub but he'll come on for Trippier to give me fifteen points. Could be my highest scorer, depending on Pogba and captain Lukaku.

Pen
13-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Don't think I've ever scored over 80 points on gameweek 1. For once a decent start.

niko_cee
13-08-2017, 05:36 PM
I think the last time I had such a 'good' start in terms of points was when Big Christian led The Villa on a bit of rampant Arsenal bashing, but the reality here is that half the league have Lukaku and I imagine it's going to be a fairly high scoring week, so average at best I suspect.

Major downers being no Lindelhof (Phil fucking Jones?) and Gary the twat Cahill's red card extravaganza (I had Luiz and Bailly instead of those two pillocks until the very last minute).

Fascinated to see what's happened in the draft league. My team is awful, but Sam Vokes may have ridden to the rescue on the back of a slew of injuries and suspensions.

Pen
13-08-2017, 06:26 PM
I think the last time I had such a 'good' start in terms of points was when Big Christian led The Villa on a bit of rampant Arsenal bashing, but the reality here is that half the league have Lukaku and I imagine it's going to be a fairly high scoring week, so average at best I suspect.

Major downers being no Lindelhof (Phil fucking Jones?) and Gary the twat Cahill's red card extravaganza (I had Luiz and Bailly instead of those two pillocks until the very last minute.

Yeah, the points average will be above 50 this round, but it's still nice not to start 20 points behind of everyone after 1 gw. I let Lindelöf go when it was pointed out to me that he used to play wit Smalling and Bally with Jones in preseason.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-08-2017, 06:29 PM
45 for me.

Damn captain Kane.

Trancemeister
13-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Bringing in Lukaku instead for Kane right before deadline payed off well. Can't have Milner at 6,5 if he's not gonna play. One more week If he's not starting he's off.

Dave.
13-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Top of the league and here to stay. :cool: Would have been even better if Yoshida converted one of his chances, Benteke could have had a couple on another day too.

niko_cee
14-08-2017, 07:08 AM
Is the draft league working?

Jimmy Floyd
14-08-2017, 07:29 AM
Seems not, but if you haven't overhauled my draft tally you've had a shocker.

niko_cee
14-08-2017, 07:52 AM
I've either scored 44 (with super sub Sam Vokes) or 31 if subs don't count (suicidal).

My entire defence is now unavailable though.

Should be allowed to field 2 'keeprs, imo.

Mazuuurk
14-08-2017, 08:19 AM
59, not too shabby. Annoyed I didn't captain Lukaku, as I went for De Bruyne thinking 'no one else will' :moop:

Now I'm really torn. Selling Benteke and getting Mounie in seems like a decent idea financially, but I also always sort of think you shouldn't be too drastic and do stuff in the first few rounds.

Could also get rid of Gabbiadini.
Andy do you think he'll keep starting?

Weaver
14-08-2017, 08:45 AM
53 for the week - good return from the defenders, Eriksen and Firmino, but in general, the attackers I've got were poor.

Apparently the Draft table won't be fully updated until Wednesday. I've noticed the league is head-to-head as well, rather than over the season.

John Arne
14-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Is the draft league working?

They've just tweeted..

Apparently, this is a "one-off", and in the future it will be updated by Mondays. The whole implementation has been a bit of a shambles so far.

phonics
14-08-2017, 09:34 AM
TBF, I wouldn't like to be the one managing those databases. Must be a nightmare.

Andy
14-08-2017, 09:37 AM
59, not too shabby. Annoyed I didn't captain Lukaku, as I went for De Bruyne thinking 'no one else will' :moop:

Now I'm really torn. Selling Benteke and getting Mounie in seems like a decent idea financially, but I also always sort of think you shouldn't be too drastic and do stuff in the first few rounds.

Could also get rid of Gabbiadini.
Andy do you think he'll keep starting?

Yeah he should keep starting. But with Austin in reserve it won't be long until he gets a start if Gabbiadini can't score soon.

Andy
14-08-2017, 09:37 AM
69 points which I thought was decent but only just sees me inside the top 1m. Kane a bit of a let down yesterday.

mugbull
14-08-2017, 10:03 AM
76 with a triple captain Lukaku. I'm thinking Ander Herrera is pointless so I might switch him out.

They really gotta figure out a way to get deep lying midfielders some points :(

John Arne
14-08-2017, 10:09 AM
76 with a triple captain Lukaku. I'm thinking Ander Herrera is pointless so I might switch him out.

They really gotta figure out a way to get deep lying midfielders some points :(

Yup. My draft team is screwed as I landed Kante, Matic and Can. Unless they fluke an assist, they just don't get points. For example, Kante picked up 2pts and Matic 3pts at the weekend - despite both playing pretty well.

Jimmy Floyd
14-08-2017, 10:34 AM
48 for me, not bad given my Chelsea defenders, anyone without Kakkers as captain will be behind early.

Think I'm going to stick with KdB captain for now as City are bound to scythe through a few teams.

Andy
14-08-2017, 10:36 AM
The fun of this game is the simplicity. You just don't pick defensive midfielders.

If they changed the rules it just gets too complicated, people get bored and it's not worth playing.

phonics
14-08-2017, 10:46 AM
I would have 79 if Hegazi wasn't on the bench...

John Arne
14-08-2017, 10:54 AM
The fun of this game is the simplicity. You just don't pick defensive midfielders.

Well for the fantasy game, yeah. But for the draft, choices were more limited.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-08-2017, 11:14 AM
24 on the draft :(

John Arne
14-08-2017, 11:26 AM
38 for me.

-james-
14-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Woke up on Sunday to realise I'd transferred in Wayne Rooney when drunk the previous night, which is fine, but that Everton's next six games are City, Chelsea, Spurs, United and two Europa League games.

Wild.

Andy
15-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Well for the fantasy game, yeah. But for the draft, choices were more limited.

I can see it being an issue there, that's why I didn't bother with the draft game there aren't enough good players to ground. Especially strikers.

John Arne
17-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Sitting Bulls take the honour of 1st place in the TTH Draft League after a convincing 56-36 victory over Average.
Elsewhere, Bayern Eunuch and Baz manage an unlucky 26-26 draw, whilst draft day absentee Stink Floyd props up the table after a heavy 44-21 against the Draft Dodgers.

Results;

https://gyazo.com/c8549a31d54b9d223680b22b3463525c.png

Table;
https://gyazo.com/791c173eb17810e2eee4beb405da495b.png

Jimmy Floyd
17-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Saturday lunchtime was literally the worst possible time for me to have to do a fantasy draft. Still, onwards and upwards.

phonics
19-08-2017, 03:02 PM
I have absolutely fucked my subs this year otherwise I'd be bossing it. Pogba captain and Bailly today. Hegazi on the bench last week, Chicharito with Knockaert infront of him this time.

phonics
19-08-2017, 03:49 PM
I have absolutely fucked my subs this year otherwise I'd be bossing it. Pogba captain and Bailly today. Hegazi on the bench last week, Chicharito with Knockaert infront of him this time.

Lol.

Dave.
22-08-2017, 07:54 AM
Donning the Draft and the normal game.:cool:

Two transfers this week, Kane and Jese in.

Jimmy Floyd
22-08-2017, 07:58 AM
A fairly dismal week this time, but I see a fair few others did worse so it must have been a low scorer.

I got the 3rd highest score in the draft but lost to Sama by a point, fucking wanker.

John Arne
22-08-2017, 08:01 AM
I thought I would have a good week in the normal game, but managed a shitty 36pts. Arse. Won my first game in the draft thought :cool:

phonics
22-08-2017, 08:09 AM
I've had 36 points on the bench so far. Still 6th.

John Arne
22-08-2017, 08:15 AM
BENCH BOOST /caps.

-james-
22-08-2017, 08:23 AM
Woke up on Sunday to realise I'd transferred in Wayne Rooney when drunk the previous night, which is fine, but that Everton's next six games are City, Chelsea, Spurs, United and two Europa League games.

Wild.

And then I subbed him out for Rashford.

John Arne
22-08-2017, 08:28 AM
That was a rash decision.

Mazuuurk
22-08-2017, 09:53 AM
Whats the difference between this new "Free hit" chip and the Wildcard?

Do you still get one Wildcard per season half?

phonics
22-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Your team reverts back to what it was the week after the chip is played.

Samadini
23-08-2017, 02:57 AM
A fairly dismal week this time, but I see a fair few others did worse so it must have been a low scorer.

I got the 3rd highest score in the draft but lost to Sama by a point, fucking wanker.

I'd not properly worked out how to navigate this piece of shit so had no idea that had happened. Brutal, sorry.

Top of the league :cool:

Mazuuurk
23-08-2017, 09:44 AM
KdB OUT
David Silva IN

They seem about equally involved, but when City had to push forward Silva was given the more advanced role, and he's looked sharp the first two games to me.

But mainly it's to avoid the inevitable KdB price drop.

Have another transfer and 3m in the bank now, but quite happy with my options currently. Milner needs to go, but might save the transfer and do a double swap next week instead - get rid of bentekkers or gabbiadini for a more upmarket option up front.

mugbull
23-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Doing well for an injured Sanchez on the bench this whole time. Brought in Calvert-Lewin for Ward-Prowse, who I didn't realize has the worst goals/game ratio of any outfield footballer ever

mugbull
23-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Oh wait, no, I switched him in for Slimani. And Ward-Prowse is still in the 11. Fuck me

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-08-2017, 11:19 AM
I used my wildcard.

Pleb
23-08-2017, 11:36 AM
That's early :baz:

Lufcdanny
23-08-2017, 11:44 AM
On the draft league, the two goalkeepers I have don't play. I've checked the list of available keepers and none of which i'm able to sign actually start. Is there an option to trade with other players? Or am I just going to have to accept im 5 points down each week?

P_3
23-08-2017, 07:49 PM
On the draft league, the two goalkeepers I have don't play. I've checked the list of available keepers and none of which i'm able to sign actually start. Is there an option to trade with other players? Or am I just going to have to accept im 5 points down each week?
I'll trade you Courtois or Butland for Sanchez? :nod:

niko_cee
25-08-2017, 06:42 AM
Is it possible to actually do a trade or do both players simply have to release a player and hope the other one can draft them before John Arne swoops in? Is their a preference ranking for signing waivers or is it just first come first served?

Looking at your team danny, and assuming Sanchez isn't available, I think I'll just stick with my 'keeper roster.

Got bored so wildcarded in the main game (daft) so I can't wait until my entire team gets injured during the international break. The free hit thing sounds interesting for later in the season to make use of double gameweeks.

John Arne
25-08-2017, 06:48 AM
Yeah, looks like you can't actually trade between teams, which is a shame.

EDIT: Unless, you both release as @nike_cee said. But then you run the risk of someone coming in an stealing them!

phonics
25-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Using some of my hard earned points this week.

Danilo and Benteke in. David Luiz and Iheanacho out.

Jimmy Floyd
25-08-2017, 08:48 AM
Danilo was tempting, but for the longer term view I've gone Keane for van Aanholt. I might unleash my two Brighton cloggers Duffy and Stephens off the bench this week.

phonics
25-08-2017, 08:54 AM
I've still got Monreal in defence. I don't know why. I think I'll follow it up with Keane once Everton are out of this period of big games.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Lindelof > Zouma
Knockaert > Pogba
Wijnaldum > Jese
Snodgrass > Cork.

Mazuuurk
25-08-2017, 09:09 AM
You losing Pogba? Bold move.

I'm also tempted by Danilo but I'm quite convinced the only value to be found in Defence is having 5 of 4.5m guaranteed starters and hoping to rotate them. Was taking a punt on Milner, hoping he'd take penalties, but it seems like that's Firminos job now, and that Milner isn't very guaranteed a start.

Still might keep him around for the fight against Arsenal, though I do think that could be a bit of a goals galore.

SvN
25-08-2017, 09:12 AM
I think the ones on the right are the ones he's bringing in?

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-08-2017, 10:14 AM
You losing Pogba? Bold move.

I'm also tempted by Danilo but I'm quite convinced the only value to be found in Defence is having 5 of 4.5m guaranteed starters and hoping to rotate them. Was taking a punt on Milner, hoping he'd take penalties, but it seems like that's Firminos job now, and that Milner isn't very guaranteed a start.

Still might keep him around for the fight against Arsenal, though I do think that could be a bit of a goals galore.
Left goes out, right goes in.

mugbull
25-08-2017, 10:30 AM
I remember Snodgrass was up on the list of recommended midfielders at the beginning of the season. Almost bought him, but then I looked up his stats and went "wait a minute..."

Mazuuurk
25-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Left goes out, right goes in.

Right. OK.

So you think Lindelöf will be starting then?

niko_cee
25-08-2017, 11:34 AM
:face:

Mazuuurk
25-08-2017, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I got it now :cab:

It's just a fucking weird way of using the greater-than sign.

niko_cee
25-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Managed to snaffle Jese in the draft waiver thing (I see the rules for that now).

Might try to strategically lose to get best waiver position for any deadline day monsters.

Jimmy Floyd
25-08-2017, 12:21 PM
I managed to burgle a starting goalkeeper in the waiver last week, having brilliantly had Caballero and Eduardo in the original draft. Possible salvation incoming.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I got it now :cab:

It's just a fucking weird way of using the greater-than sign.

I was using it as an arrow.

-----> Better?

-james-
27-08-2017, 11:25 AM
Bench of Elliott (7), Mbemba (9), Dunk (6), Carroll (3) this week. David Luiz better score five today.

Jimmy Floyd
27-08-2017, 11:33 AM
My bench of Mawson (6) and Duffy (9) is a bit sore as well. Hopefully Kane dies in the warm up.

Jordan Ayew scored for my draft team though, now I've seen it all.

phonics
28-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Had an absolute shitter of a week and went up in the league. You lot are having a mare.

edit: Just realised I had enough money in the bank to go for Firmino instead of Benteke. Seething. Transfer done.

Offshore Toon
28-08-2017, 08:50 AM
Forgot to sort my team out which meant Firmino stayed on as captain. I probably would have chosen Lukaku. :cool:

bruhnaldo
28-08-2017, 01:08 PM
man my team sucks. I thought Gylfi was going to sort me out once he got transferred in but that's not going well whatsoever.

the August of Kane still fucking with me too. Fuck my life.

Dave.
29-08-2017, 08:39 AM
Lost my lead at the top now. Kane, Lukaku and Benteke got barely any points despite having seemingly easy games at home. :moop:

I'm considering using my wildcard after the international matches.

John Arne
29-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Draft League update...

Matchday 3

Stink Floyd 24 - 32 Saigon FC
Day Trippers 13 - 14 Lufcdanny
Bayern Eunuch 18 - 24 Draft Dodgers
Los Ingobernables 51 - 54 WBartonCentreParting
AVERAGE 30 - 25 Baz
The Hit Squad 35 - 28 A Grandstand Finish
Adam Johnson's U16s 25 - 55 Sitting Bulls

Los Ingobernables have to feel unlucky, having managed the 3rd highest points haul for the week, but came up against one of the two team's that amassed more points than them.

WBartonCentreParting and Lufcdanny remain unbeaten and sit top of the league - whilst Stink Floyd, Adam Johnson's U16s and Day Trippers maintain their 100% losing record.

https://gyazo.com/455d9d075b90227cc624c2b7867ba093.png

John Arne
29-08-2017, 09:02 AM
It's still pretty rubbish that you can't trade players with each other. Apart from making a few subs, there isn't a lot you can do to change things now.

Jimmy Floyd
29-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Same points tally as the second placed team, fml.

mugbull
29-08-2017, 10:40 AM
I got fucking owned last week. Went from 4th to 16th and was in the bottom 2% of all fantasy teams.

Transferred out Ward-Prowse and got Willian, which is at least a guaranteed win in my books.

Samadini
29-08-2017, 11:57 AM
It's still pretty rubbish that you can't trade players with each other. Apart from making a few subs, there isn't a lot you can do to change things now.

I initially thought that, but it would just become chaos once it gets personal and tinkering being kept to an absolute minimum is the appeal to this game mode anyway.

Gayle is potentially finished, so I'm struggling there, not a lot of strikers available.

I'll start dropping down the league once Man Utd stop keeping clean sheets.

Weaver
29-08-2017, 12:04 PM
Can we pick up players who haven't been selected by anyone still? I'm wanting to ditch Yaya Toure, not sure who for yet, but i'm hoping some Premier League teams buy some good midfielders over the next few days.

Samadini
29-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Yep. At this stage you can put in a 'waiver request' where you propose a move then 24 hours before the deadline the transfers get made. The lowest ranked team who puts in a waiver request for a player will get him, if no one else has gone for him then you'll get him.

Then in the 24 hours before the gameweek anyone who is still not in a team can be transferred in right away and its first come, first served.

The ranked waiver request means I've lost out on lots of players to those lower ranked and have ended up with Chris Brunt instead.

Good fun, I think.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-08-2017, 12:18 PM
I could do with my strikers actually doing something.

Kane has his curse, Defoe looks his age and Ian Nacho is barely playing.

Jimmy Floyd
06-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Absolute new broom early in the week (resisting the temptation to use the wildcard). Out go Eriksen, Bellerin and Federici; in come Mané, the rather undervalued Phil Jones, and Tim Krul, who I reckon could end up with a run if this Aussie throws a few in.

Dave.
08-09-2017, 08:05 AM
Big gamble for me this week. Sanchez in and as captain.

I didn't have any really obvious candidates for the captaincy in my squad with Kane and Lukaku both in reasonably tricky away fixtures. I considered using my wildcard but delayed it and will probably use it this week or the next.:thbup:

phonics
08-09-2017, 08:07 AM
I've gone for Alli captain and brought in Hegazi instead of Danilo. My bench hasn't scored under 20 points this season so expect Danilo to get 3 assists.

Jimmy Floyd
08-09-2017, 08:10 AM
I have resisted the temptation to make Kane captain thus far and will continue to do so. Willian, somewhat optimistically, gets the nod.

phonics
08-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Just realised United are playing Stoke. Pogba gets the nod for captain.

Weaver
08-09-2017, 09:03 AM
I've gone for Alli captain and brought in Hegazi instead of Danilo. My bench hasn't scored under 20 points this season so expect Danilo to get 3 assists.

I reckon Danilo will be getting dropped now that Mendy and Walker are both fit and not suspended. Good move.

I brought in Chamberlain as an Arsenal player so I could have a £6m attacking Liverpool choice, will be interesting to see where he plays if at all. In for Townsend.

niko_cee
08-09-2017, 09:05 AM
I doubt he'll play in the attacking three. Much more likely as a Can/Wijnaldum deputy but I think he'll need time before he starts getting near starting (by which time Lallana will be back to further muddy the waters).

niko_cee
09-09-2017, 02:13 PM
Right, so, so far this season I managed to start the season with Cahill, red card, replaced him with Walker, red card and just this week transferred out De Bruyn for Mané, red card.

What is going on?

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-09-2017, 02:21 PM
Who is going in next week so I can avoid him?

phonics
09-09-2017, 02:21 PM
Big gamble for me this week. Sanchez in and as captain.

I didn't have any really obvious candidates for the captaincy in my squad with Kane and Lukaku both in reasonably tricky away fixtures. I considered using my wildcard but delayed it and will probably use it this week or the next.:thbup:

Ouch. 6 points for Danilo. Knockaerts going to smash it out the park to really do me in.

niko_cee
09-09-2017, 02:25 PM
Who is going in next week so I can avoid him?

Dele Alli.

phonics
09-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Yeah this is the week I go sliding down the table.

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-09-2017, 03:08 PM
Thank fuck we're out of August.

phonics
10-09-2017, 09:06 AM
I went up in the league. What the fuck are you people doing?

John Arne
12-09-2017, 06:37 AM
Matchweek 4 Draft table....

https://gyazo.com/fdb31732c41b2b8ebbafbd3c76817289.png

niko_cee
12-09-2017, 06:51 AM
How seriously is the draft being taken? Obviously some people are paying attention, but the side I barely limped past this week had a midfield of Barkley, Lallana, Cazorla and Bolasie.

:cab:

I guess you just have to suck it up if a player you don't want to lose is injured.

Also, this Average chap, does that mean we didn't have enough players or is that an actual person?

John Arne
12-09-2017, 07:00 AM
I'm guessing someone dropped out or something.

Samadini
12-09-2017, 09:47 AM
We only ever had 13 players and we need it to be an even number so that everyone has a head to head opponent each week. 12 players would have been fine.

Being top of the league has meant I've not been able to get rid of Gayle as everyone below me snapped up any other viable striker that was available. In hindsight I should have gone for the injured Ibrahimovic and played the long game with it.

It might actually be a shrewd tactic to build a good team from the start, but keep your best players on the bench for a few weeks keeping yourself midtable and then waiver your way to glory.

mugbull
12-09-2017, 09:52 AM
It really is the saddest thing seeing your fantasy team slowly drop from 3rd place to 19th place over the course of a couple weeks

Jimmy Floyd
12-09-2017, 09:53 AM
I got absolutely shafted by whoever I played this weekend, was on for a Welbeck-inspired win until Dede Ayew rolled into town last night and got the 9 point swing.

Ghastly week in the main league as I got shafted by Mané and my diabolical decision to captain Willian rather than Kevin or Kane.

mugbull
12-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Yeah you're actually doing unbelievably poorly in the regular thing. Might be better off just going AFK for the rest of the season

John Arne
12-09-2017, 04:38 PM
We only ever had 13 players and we need it to be an even number so that everyone has a head to head opponent each week. 12 players would have been fine.

Being top of the league has meant I've not been able to get rid of Gayle as everyone below me snapped up any other viable striker that was available. In hindsight I should have gone for the injured Ibrahimovic and played the long game with it.

It might actually be a shrewd tactic to build a good team from the start, but keep your best players on the bench for a few weeks keeping yourself midtable and then waiver your way to glory.

I have (the injured) Ibrahimovic and van Dijk on the bench /longgame

Weaver
12-09-2017, 07:08 PM
I'd put in waiver requests for Aurier and Sanches, but didn't get them and got no-one and Dembele instead.

Samadini
15-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Actually had some successful waivers so I'm guessing not a lot of people knew there was a deadline tonight.

Tom Ince hasn't done a thing for me yet, so I've brought in the injured Zaha who will stay on the bench until he is fit, which I don't think is too far away since he's back training now.

The Spurs Sanchez seems to have gone straight into their side so I went for him, surprised no one else took him before me.

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-09-2017, 07:40 PM
I forgot about the new additions until it was too late.

niko_cee
15-09-2017, 08:02 PM
Not that many great waivers to be had. Picked up Sandro/Ramirez/whatever his name is for my tragic strikeforce, but I doubt he'll play. Last thing I needed was another Spurs defender. Playing the dreaded AVERAGE this week. I'm fucked.

Jimmy Floyd
15-09-2017, 08:05 PM
This south coast shitfest took me by surprise so I'm saddled with Willian as captain for another week, and Mané in the XI although someone will come on for him. Shane Duffy nailed on for a clean sheet though, here we fucking go.

bruhnaldo
15-09-2017, 08:33 PM
every time i think oh better set my lineup it's already passed the deadline

-james-
15-09-2017, 08:38 PM
I gambled on Dunk in defence over Bellerin. No bueno.

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Finally Defoe does something.