PDA

View Full Version : Football Fights and Brawls

Haystacks Horace
25-06-2017, 12:33 PM
So we've recently seen a couple of rumbles/bit of handbags on the pitch, firstly Oscar's little fracas in China and then the Mexico v New Zealand shenenanigans.

It's got me thinking, firstly what has been your most memorable football punch up? Have you been in the stands and seen any action? I'm talking on the pitch here, not interested in any bigmen who think they're in a firm mate.

Secondly if you were playing, say Sunday league or five aside and it kicked off would you be one of these players who wades in fists swinging to escalate matters or one of the others who comes in and tries to split it all up and calm it down?

I've seen it almost kick off in five aside a few times but the dickhead ref usually just tells whoever is getting antsy to sort it out in the carpark afterwards by which time they've calmed down. I'm not sure what I'd do but I wouldn't fancy any horacement charges being filed against me as I have 'farm strength'!

Disco
25-06-2017, 12:46 PM
Where does your username come from Harry?

Haystacks Horace
25-06-2017, 01:30 PM
My name is Horace and I live on a farm.

phonics
25-06-2017, 01:35 PM
Only at ice hockey. First game had the entire benches on the rink. So good.

Disco
25-06-2017, 01:41 PM
Interesting, what do you farm?

Haystacks Horace
25-06-2017, 01:56 PM
I don't really farm as such I just provide manual labour/slogging. It's mostly livestock at the farm but they are moving away from that and more into being a wedding/event venue which isn't good for me as I'm mostly only good at moving stuff.