PDA

View Full Version : Church Scum

John Arne
22-06-2017, 02:22 PM
Is it about time that we introduced a law making it illegal to not report peadophiles?

After watching Spotlight last year, I read about the main culprit, Cardinal Law - rather than facing any criminal charges, he was moved to the Vatican for a senior role.

In Australia, Cardinal Pell was also retired to Rome after allegations of covering up abuses in the church, and more recently, being accused directly of abusing kids.

Finally, in jolly old England, Lord Carey was accused of covering up abuses by Peter Bell (who served 16 months after being found guilty of "grooming, sexual exploitation and abuse of 18 vulnerable young me". A report found;

“The church colluded and concealed rather than seeking to help those who were brave enough to come forward. This is inexcusable and shocking behavior"

Interestingly, when Bell was first investigated, he received a police caution after "a string of senior establishment figures – including Carey, cabinet ministers and a high court judge – came forward in his support, writing letters to the police and Crown Prosecution Service."
So what happened, well...

He resigned his post as bishop and retired to a rented cottage on the Prince of Wales’s Duchy of Cornwall estate but continued to officiate in 17 public schools until 2007. A fresh investigation was opened in 2012 which led to his conviction.

Fucking unbelievable. So, do we need to introduce some new legislation to do some about these scumbags?

Yevrah
22-06-2017, 02:31 PM
A constant source of shame this and those covering it up should have the book thrown at them.

Pepe
22-06-2017, 02:31 PM
I don't think you understand Christianity.

Lewis
22-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Making not grassing nonces up illegal sounds like a classic SLIPPERY SLOPE.

Henry
22-06-2017, 02:42 PM
My understanding is that this is already on dodgy legal grounds. While it's not illegal to fail to report a serious crime, it is illegal to conspire in such a way as to prevent it from being reported - which is arguably what they've been doing.

Their whole thing, of course is that canon law (the law of the church) is superior to secular law, a very dangerous notion indeed.

John
22-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Cardinal Law was one of those in conclave voting for the current Pope. Fucking children or helping those who do is a recognised path to career progression in the Catholic Church.

John Arne
22-06-2017, 02:47 PM
My understanding is that this is already on dodgy legal grounds. While it's not illegal to fail to report a serious crime, it is illegal to conspire in such a way as to prevent it from being reported - which is arguably what they've been doing.

Their whole thing, of course is that canon law (the law of the church) is superior to secular law, a very dangerous notion indeed.

I think this is it. It's the intentional obstruction and protection of these people that should surely be an offence.

This is interesting regarding Cardinal Law
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2002/12/but_why_isnt_bernard_law_in_jail_part_2.html

Disco
22-06-2017, 02:57 PM
We already have a law against aiding and abetting, all you need is the will to go after them which unfortunately seems to be lacking.

Yeldoow
22-06-2017, 03:07 PM
As you mentioned Cardinal Pell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtHOmforqxk

Spammer
22-06-2017, 03:12 PM
There's a book called 'beyond belief' by David Yallop which is decent accoint of this shit. I bought it after watching Spotlight.

It's probably the most depressing and infuriating book I've ever read though. I read a lot of psychology stuff about abuse etc but I at least feel I'm gaining in understanding that'll help me with a lot of it. It's not so bad as I'm learning.

This though is a detailed account of how the Catholic church has behaved and no doubt continues to behave, and there's basically fuck all I as an individual can do about it. There's little to learn other than how fucking evil some people are and how one if the biggest institutions in the world continues to enables it. It's a very hard read.

They're all cunts and they need to burn if all that stuff does exist.

Spammer
22-06-2017, 04:39 PM
It makes you wonder about accountability with institutions as big as the Catholic church. Spotlight suggested 5% of priests in Boston had been linked with abuse, and the book suggested similarly.

What if it was 10%? 20? 50? 80? Would the be a point where an international effort is made to shut the whole thing down? Is that advisable or would it fuck things up even more? Is it even possible?

Spikey M
22-06-2017, 04:56 PM
I'd happily help shut the cunts down even if it was 0%.

Yeldoow
29-06-2017, 09:06 AM
Cardinal George Pell, Australia’s most senior Catholic and the third-ranking official in the Vatican, has been charged with multiple sexual offences by police.

The charges were served on Pell’s legal representatives in Melbourne on Thursday and they have been lodged also at Melbourne magistrates court. He has been ordered to appear at the court on 18 July.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jun/29/cardinal-george-pell-charged-with-multiple-sexual-offences

Boydy
29-06-2017, 09:16 AM
I wonder if we'll get another Pope resigning.

GS
29-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Unless it's for old age, I doubt it very much.

Spikey M
29-06-2017, 09:23 AM
Who cares anyway? Same Church, different Nonce.

phonics
29-06-2017, 09:25 AM
You just don't understand Christianity, Spikey. Noncing kids brings you closer to God. Because he's a nonce too.

Ian
29-06-2017, 09:42 AM
As you mentioned Cardinal Pell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtHOmforqxk

I assume we've had this one before but it's not in this thread so whatever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHRDfut2Vx0

Queenslander
29-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Horrific data.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-06/child-sex-abuse-royal-commission:-data-reveals-catholic-abuse/8243890?pfmredir=sm

Spammer
29-06-2017, 11:11 AM
Yeah 7% seems about in line with what Spotlight and the book I mentioned said.

Fucking sickening.

John Arne
29-06-2017, 11:11 AM
I wonder whether he'll go back. In the least surprising news of the year, the Vatican currently has ZERO extradition treaties.

Scum.

John Arne
29-06-2017, 11:16 AM
I wonder whether he'll go back. In the least surprising news of the year, the Vatican currently has ZERO extradition treaties.

Scum.

Ah, just read that he is going back.

Spammer
29-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Hopefully the church will one day see the link beteeen enforced celibacy and repressing one's sexuality as much as possible on the one hand, and one's sexuality then bubbling up in extreme and inappropriate directions and having much less control over those urges, on the other.

Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers, as they say.

niko_cee
29-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Ah, just read that he is going back.

He says he will but let's see what he does.

I can imagine him being too 'ill' to travel.

Very brave, and commendable, of the Aussies to go after someone quite so high up the food chain. I really hope that if there is a god, then 'it' isn't a fan of noncing. Eternal damnation would be quite fitting for most of these fuckers.

Boydy
29-06-2017, 04:32 PM
Imagine if there is a god and he just fucking loves noncing.

Spikey M
29-06-2017, 04:51 PM
https://youtu.be/VABSoHYQr6k

Spikey M
29-06-2017, 04:54 PM
Fuck knows how you embed videos. I give up.

Haystacks Horace
29-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Go to church? WHY!?

Don't fancy getting my bumhole horaced into next week thanks.

Disco
29-06-2017, 05:14 PM
https://youtu.be/VABSoHYQr6k

Like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VABSoHYQr6k&feature=youtu.be

Disco
29-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Go to church? WHY!?

You're far too old for them these days Harold.

Shindig
29-06-2017, 06:12 PM
Go to church? WHY!?

Gaystacks Sore-arse.

Haystacks Horace
29-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Gaystacks Sore-arse.

Well done cuntchops.

Henry
29-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Hopefully the church will one day see the link beteeen enforced celibacy and repressing one's sexuality as much as possible on the one hand, and one's sexuality then bubbling up in extreme and inappropriate directions and having much less control over those urges, on the other.

Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers, as they say.

I don't know. The counterargument is that celibacy works to eliminate from the gene pool whatever it is that inclines one toward religious fanaticism.

Haystacks Horace
29-06-2017, 08:56 PM
I don't know. The counterargument is that celibacy works to eliminate from the gene pool whatever it is that inclines one toward religious fanaticism.

Nonce apoligist?

Henry
29-06-2017, 08:58 PM
Nonce apoligist?

Yes, Kevin, I am.

Spikey M
29-06-2017, 08:58 PM

If they're sticking it in kids, they're probably sticking it elsewhere.

Haystacks Horace
29-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Yes, Kevin, I am.

That is bad.

Spammer
29-06-2017, 09:19 PM

Not all religious fanatics are celibate though. There's probably some genetic element that can be involved in this stuff I guess, but by my book it's mostly the culture that does it, and a lot of people don't have a choice about that. I'd guess that priests are much more likely than the general population to be bummed as kids too, considering that they're catholic and bum kids themselves - which, taken separately, are both red flags to suggest a bit of bum love as a child. It's the entire perverse culture that needs burning down. Not a clue how to go about that, like.

niko_cee
29-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Isn't the actual reason for the celibacy thing that, without it, the priests just tended to shag all of their lady-flock? There can't have been many as useless, and yet bizarrely successful, human constructs that that of the Catholic Church.

Shindig
29-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Hey, if I held a position of trust in a village community, I know what I'd be doing.

Henry
29-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Isn't the actual reason for the celibacy thing that, without it, the priests just tended to shag all of their lady-flock? There can't have been many as useless, and yet bizarrely successful, human constructs that that of the Catholic Church.

The original reason was to prevent the whole thing from becoming dynastic. It was a very powerful and lucrative position back in the day.

Mellberg
29-06-2017, 11:49 PM
Cool. Shame about all the noncing.