PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever hated somebody?

Offshore Toon
11-06-2017, 11:14 AM
Or even presently hate somebody? If so, what's the story?

Ian
11-06-2017, 11:20 AM
There's a guy who used to work in my department that is one of the few that when I say I hate him I probably actually mean it. He was actually alright in work (I still just basically never got on with him but in work he's fine) but he's an absolute nightmare and all-round weirdo whenever he's been out after work.

Trying to grab girls we know by their unmentionables, arguing about absolutely fucking anything once he's got a pint in him, trying to start fights with our friends (occasionally over literally nothing so far as any of us could make out.) A genuinely unpleasant person as well as just being a bit weird.

On Friday night there he actually tried to talk to me about my dislike of him as well, which was loads of fun obviously.

Giggles
11-06-2017, 11:21 AM
In real life?

randomlegend
11-06-2017, 11:22 AM
There were times I really hated my older brother but I don't any more.

My girlfriend's little sister's ex boyfriend I hate. He used to treat her like shit and was a total fucking prick. I refused to talk to him by the end.

Offshore Toon
11-06-2017, 11:29 AM
On Friday night there he actually tried to talk to me about my dislike of him as well, which was loads of fun obviously.
I've had that before with people that I didn't even dislike, which is an argument you can never win. I think people confuse 'not liking' with 'disliking' somebody, so while I may not look like I'm enjoying their company, I don't actually have a problem with them. I almost lost one of my best mates because his girlfriend couldn't come to terms with the fact that I didn't like her. It was actually really shit for a year or so, but then they got over it. Turned out she was a bit of a wrong'un, anyway, but I take no pleasure in being a fantastic judge of character in times like that.

In real life?
Whatever you fancy.

I think the closest I've got is my sister. I hate how she treats people, but I wouldn't say I hate her. I just don't want anything to do with her, so I've created enough distance that I merely despise her. I've never met anybody more ignorant and self-centred. As soon as she walks into a room she talks over people about something to do with her. Utter, utter cunt. At the same time, though, I can see how she has developed that way because of my parents, which I think has helped in not hating her. Still, I've said for a while I wouldn't go to her funeral, which probably says quite a bit. My mum wasn't happy with that at all.

Ian
11-06-2017, 11:34 AM
I've had that before with people that I didn't even dislike, which is an argument you can never win.

I didn't even try to convince him otherwise. I don't use my feelings as an excuse to be actively obnoxious to him, I just try to avoid engaging with him altogether but he still fucking insists on talking to me. Which now that I know he definitely knows I can't stand him I dunno why he can't just leave it the fuck alone.

I think people confuse 'not liking' with 'disliking' somebody,

Yeah, there's a big difference there. A lot of the time I don't especially dislike people, I just really don't care either way.

Giggles
11-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Whatever you fancy.

Probably, yeah.

Dquincy
11-06-2017, 03:04 PM

My girlfriend's little sister's ex boyfriend I hate. He used to treat her like shit and was a total fucking prick. I refused to talk to him by the end.

Sexual feelings towards your girlfriend's little sister?

randomlegend
11-06-2017, 04:30 PM
I've known her since she was about 8 - and I'm not magic - so no.

Pepe
11-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Ricardo Lavolpe.

Spikey M
11-06-2017, 06:07 PM
I generally like most people, or at least I'm indifferent towards some of them. You have to be an absolute cunt for me to genuinely dislike you. At the moment the closest to hate I have is some haggard old bint at my work, she complains about everything and everyone and walks around with a look on her face that can only come from having had shit smeared beneath her nose. That said, I'd have forgotten her with in a week of leaving so I still wouldn't say I 'hate' her.

Dquincy
11-06-2017, 06:41 PM
I've known her since she was about 8 - and I'm not magic - so no.

Fair play. Not sure an 8 yr old should be dating though.

Dquincy
11-06-2017, 06:42 PM
My best mate died and some cunt came up to me and said he dug up his body and raped it. That guy is probs the only person I've ever truly hated.

Was it entirely unprovoked? If so, that's mental.

randomlegend
11-06-2017, 06:53 PM
Fair play. Not sure an 8 yr old should be dating though.

She's got older, that's what happens.

Offshore Toon
11-06-2017, 07:35 PM
My best mate died and some cunt came up to me and said he dug up his body and raped it. That guy is probs the only person I've ever truly hated.
Sounds like the guy had issues of his own, but the beating probably helped him long term. On the flip side to that, I always felt really bad for kids who got their heads kicked in for saying "your mum" to a kid whose mum had died. I remember in secondary school it was second nature for about half the year at one point, so there were a few incidents. Even worse, an IT teacher said to my mate, whose mum had died, "ooh I bet your mother would be so proud" quite recently after the event. He went mental and stormed out, then we had to awkwardly explain. The teacher just made a face like 'how was I supposed to know?' He probably should have lamped her.

Spikey M
11-06-2017, 08:29 PM
She's got older, that's what happens.

Is that why you went off her?

Dquincy
11-06-2017, 08:42 PM
:D