PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a good imagination?

Offshore Toon
20-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Seems like it's not so common, but I consider myself rather blessed. Do people without much of an imagination just think of nothing most of the time? I struggle to concentrate because all sorts of rubbish just pops into my trail of thought, so it's not great in that sense, but ultimately I can keep myself entertained at all times.

Giggles
20-05-2017, 09:51 PM
I actually meant to say creativity moreso in the other thread, but I have neither anyway. Doesn't bother me though.

Disco
20-05-2017, 10:01 PM
Ironic given recent events.

Giggles
20-05-2017, 10:08 PM
Ironic given recent events.

Continue.

Dark Soldier
20-05-2017, 10:16 PM
Yes :)

hfswjyr
21-05-2017, 07:55 AM
No, died with my youth.

=(

Patterson
21-05-2017, 08:06 AM
I think a lot of people lack imagination these days and I believe it is because everything is too accessible as well as being combined with complete idleness in many people. Everyone watches the latest film, surfs the web tirelessly or watches clip after clip on YouTube but not a great deal, certainly the younger generation, seem to read as much unless its something for their studies.

When was the last time any of you lot read a good book? I aim for one a week at least.

Offshore Toon
21-05-2017, 10:32 AM
There's quite an active book thread on here. I don't think consuming a book makes that much of a difference. Writing would help, but it'd be pretty shit trying to write a book without much of an imagination to begin.

Pepe
21-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Seems like it's not so common, but I consider myself rather blessed. Do people without much of an imagination just think of nothing most of the time? I struggle to concentrate because all sorts of rubbish just pops into my trail of thought, so it's not great in that sense, but ultimately I can keep myself entertained at all times.

I don't think I would call that imagination. That's more like daydreaming and, as you mention, not very constructive. Proper imagination requires you to be able to come up with novel, and concrete, ideas and concepts imo.

Mellberg
21-05-2017, 11:07 AM
I like to think so. I was always decent at getting something down on a page and making it work.

And now I'm a manager in a factory.

Offshore Toon
21-05-2017, 11:35 AM
I don't think I would call that imagination. That's more like daydreaming and, as you mention, not very constructive. Proper imagination requires you to be able to come up with novel, and concrete, ideas and concepts imo.
True, but I'm interested in understanding how others think. There have been times where I've asked my mates to come up with something and they just say they don't know and can't think of anything.

Boydy
21-05-2017, 12:21 PM
I don't think I do, no. I daydream a lot and I read quite a bit as well but my imagination isn't very good.

Adamski
21-05-2017, 01:01 PM
I don't tend to let myself get bored enough to daydream.