PDA

View Full Version : Those of you that post at work

Offshore Toon
10-05-2017, 12:32 PM
How much of your working day do you spend on here? And how do you get away with it?

Jimmy Floyd
10-05-2017, 12:35 PM
A lot (especially in the quiet mid-month periods).

I get away with it because my office is in pin-drop silence 98% of the time and I sit opposite my boss, the only person who would care, who also lives in a trance and pays very little attention to anything taking place away from her computer screen.

Pepe
10-05-2017, 12:36 PM
I spend more time posting than working.

Pepe
10-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Well, maybe not posting, but reading.

phonics
10-05-2017, 12:37 PM
The whole day.

Like this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_dz1abXUAAfXZd.jpg:large

Disco
10-05-2017, 12:37 PM
I have a little read on my phone a few times during the day, more if it's quiet or I'm on a pointlessly long phone call that I can't get out of. I get away with it by not caring if anyone sees.

Magic
10-05-2017, 12:38 PM
I work for home, and there's no proxying or monitoring web browsing.

-james-
10-05-2017, 12:43 PM
That Microsoft mouse is a blast from the past, phonics.

I think it could do with some sort of blast, actually.

Disco
10-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Intellimouse. :cool:

Jimmy Floyd
10-05-2017, 12:47 PM
I wish I was a creative type and not a spreadsheet man. Imagine the beauty of a life that didn't involve wall to wall excel.

Lufcdanny
10-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Spend around half of the day looking through and reading, more so when we are really quiet. Just so happens that the layout of the website is similar colour scheme to the companies website, so from afar it looks though I'm just a truly dedicated employee.

Disco
10-05-2017, 12:50 PM
I wish I was a creative type and not a spreadsheet man. Imagine the beauty of a life that didn't involve wall to wall excel.

Think of all the marches you could be going on.

summsuccess
10-05-2017, 12:50 PM
I live mostly in my ''office'' because upstairs is actually my home. Its only a small room with a kitchen and basics but the life is downstairs and where I spent most of my time.
I usually read thethirdhalf when Im on the loo but have posted a lot since I registered so it seems like Im not as busy as I am.
Last night killed me as it was way too late.

Jimmy Floyd
10-05-2017, 12:51 PM
Think of all the marches you could be going on.

You mean like the Jarrow March? Probably.

phonics
10-05-2017, 01:05 PM
That sound wave you see up there is me having to re-write the intro to a song with none of the original samples and I am so musically untalented I can't even dance to a two step. Creative jobs are over-rated.

Mazuuurk
10-05-2017, 01:13 PM
I do. Mostly in between getting work done.

Pen
10-05-2017, 01:48 PM
I spent hours on here (well the old board) on my previous job before uni. In fairness I had nothing but time to kill. At the moment almost never. I might browse a bit if I can get away from the kids during the day, but I usually save TTH for my ridiculous commute.

summsuccess
10-05-2017, 01:59 PM
How long is your commute Pen? I have to get the bus too and from places and it is annoying.
You see so much that pisses you off but you cant say nothing.
Shitty nosed kids whinging
Benefit bashing parents squeezing there weekly shopping bags of shit in
The drunk who always has money for fare and whatever his tipple

I wouldnt mind but I only use it to go to town so its only 20 minutes or so a day but its the longest 20 minutes of my day.

Mike
10-05-2017, 02:13 PM
I normally can't get on. The school I work in has a no phones rule apart from in certain places, a rule I ignore by keeping my phone in my pocket, just for texting.

It's Sats week this week so I've been left in class as the two children I work with aren't doing them. They've watched films while I play on my phone.

Pen
10-05-2017, 02:18 PM
In all honesty my only bugbear is the time and occasionally people too thick to use the escalator. Always headphones on and for the few months we get sunlight here sunglasses too and you don't really have to pay any attention to things around you. It's an hour each way at the moment, but I'm starting in a new place in after the summer and it'll drop down to 15 minutes of cycling or a 40 minute walk.