PDA

View Full Version : The ULTRAMEGA Summer 2017 Transfers and Rumours Thread [featuring THE MIGHTY BLADES]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Spammer
08-05-2017, 04:12 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39844981

THE MIGHTY BLADES have signed Ched Evans.

Not sure how I feel about Ched being back. I thought our fetish with him was well over, but whatever. If he can do the business then I'm ok with it, I guess.

I couldn't find a summer transfer thread, so here's one. Bosh. Post transfer news and rumours in here. If you haven't got anything to add, why not make up a rumour or say who your lot should be going for?

Offshore Toon
08-05-2017, 04:18 PM
I reckon we'll sign about 6 Spaniards and only 2 will come good, but there'll be a few surprise packages from the current squad that step up (Mbemba, Hayden, Perez) so we'll be alright.

Weaver
08-05-2017, 04:40 PM
I reckon we'll sign about 6 Spaniards and only 2 will come good, but there'll be a few surprise packages from the current squad that step up (Mbemba, Hayden, Perez) so we'll be alright.

Pierre Aubameyang tweeted Ayoze Perez for some reason today. HE'S COMING:

I reckon we need a handful of players (two defenders, a winger, a striker and something else), and some of the players we signed for the Championship will be shipped (Murphy, Hanley). I wouldn't be surprised to see Haidara go too.

Adamski
08-05-2017, 04:46 PM

I reckon we need a handful of players (two defenders, a winger, a striker and something else), and some of the players we signed for the Championship will be shipped (Murphy, Hanley). I wouldn't be surprised to see Haidara go too.

I think the word you're looking for is midfielder.

7om
08-05-2017, 04:59 PM
I have absolutely no idea where Birmingham go from here. The scariest part is that I don't think the board do either (providing they exist, as nobody seems to know who they are). Our biggest signing will be a permanent manager and Redknapp has been very enthusiastic since he came in for the final three games and there's no doubt he got a massive improvement out of the team after what can only be described as one of the most disgusting runs in managerial history finally came to an end. If he's willing, I'd take him for a year and see how we go.

Here's a nice bit of trivia to document just how fucking shit we are that I think the likes of Jimmy Floyd will appreciate. The last time Birmingham City had a centre forward that scored 20 goals in all competitions (all fucking competitions, never mind the fucking league) was 1994/95 with Steve Claridge. Will we sign a good center forward this year? Will we fuck. We'll probably get Crouch.

Offshore Toon
08-05-2017, 05:12 PM

It looks like Auba is replying to an initial tweet. Weird interaction, but top level football is probably a rather small world.

We'll definitely ship out a good few. There's so much shit in the squad.

Offshore Toon
08-05-2017, 05:13 PM
I have absolutely no idea where Birmingham go from here. The scariest part is that I don't think the board do either (providing they exist, as nobody seems to know who they are). Our biggest signing will be a permanent manager and Redknapp has been very enthusiastic since he came in for the final three games and there's no doubt he got a massive improvement out of the team after what can only be described as one of the most disgusting runs in managerial history finally came to an end. If he's willing, I'd take him for a year and see how we go.

Here's a nice bit of trivia to document just how fucking shit we are that I think the likes of Jimmy Floyd will appreciate. The last time Birmingham City had a centre forward that scored 20 goals in all competitions (all fucking competitions, never mind the fucking league) was 1994/95 with Steve Claridge. Will we sign a good center forward this year? Will we fuck. We'll probably get Crouch.
Get Forssell back. :cool:

Spammer
08-05-2017, 05:15 PM

That's quite incredible, actually. Especially as you've had at least a couple of promotion seasons.

Reg
08-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Well it seems Chelsea are mad on Stockdale so I assume we're getting Courtois in return.

Offshore Toon
08-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Well it seems Chelsea are mad on Stockdale so I assume we're getting Courtois in return.
A very strange rumour. Stockdale has always had an error in him (though he's been good this season) which is only going to get worse with long spells on the bench.

summsuccess
08-05-2017, 05:21 PM
7om - Birmingham havent have a good striker since Dugarry. :d
I give up with them these days and only really look at the results.

Pen
08-05-2017, 05:21 PM
Get Forssell back. :cool:

I was about to say the same. Thought he would've gotten twenty in all competitions as he scored 17(?) in the Prem alone.

7om
08-05-2017, 05:25 PM
7om - Birmingham havent have a good striker since Dugarry. :d
I give up with them these days and only really look at the results.

Yeah, Dugarry was superb but he was never a goalscorer for us. As a fan of the club since a child we've never been a team that has played good football or played a free-flowing, attacking style. It's always been grinding, counter-attack and getting goals on the break. Maybe that's why we can't attract good forwards.

Reg
08-05-2017, 05:29 PM
A very strange rumour. Stockdale has always had an error in him (though he's been good this season) which is only going to get worse with long spells on the bench.
Fair point. It's probably to fill their English quota.

Never thought he was particularly good, so it'd work out quite nicely I reckon as Chelsea would probably pay a fair bit.

summsuccess
08-05-2017, 05:32 PM
70m - I had the misfortune of following them a little too closely when my ex partner and I used to go to St Andrews when Steve Bruce was in charge but it all went downhill when Alex McLeish turned up. I have no qualms in admitting that I didnt enjoy going during that period as it was so toxic.

niko_cee
08-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Fair point. It's probably to fill their English quota.

Never thought he was particularly good, so it'd work out quite nicely I reckon as Chelsea would probably pay a fair bit.

He's out of contract.

7om
08-05-2017, 05:36 PM
Clayton Donaldson could always put away some goals. Has he been injured this season? Not herd from him. York City legend.

He has been injured but in the Championship he's no more than a 15 goal per season player.

Jimmy Floyd
08-05-2017, 05:37 PM
The bad news is that Hughton will have worked with Heurelho Gomes before.

Reg
08-05-2017, 05:40 PM
Oh yeah. Our recruitment has been spot on recently so we've probably got some good options lined up.

Lewis
08-05-2017, 05:44 PM
United need a forward, a top, top Michael Carrick replacement (Carrick should get another year), a centre back, and possibly another PRESSING midfielder for when Ander Herrera injures himself or gets suspended. Wayne Rooney leaving seems to be nailed on, but there can't be that many following him. World Clashley Young has probably saved himself, so maybe one of Chris Smalling and Phil Jones (FFEC), and hopefully not Dave Gayer.

Jimmy Floyd
08-05-2017, 05:53 PM
We need competition for both wing backs, a centre forward for when Costa cries off somewhere, a midfielder that isn't as lazy as Matic, and seemingly a crap English goalkeeper.

Oh and a centre half.

Lewis
08-05-2017, 06:02 PM
'Announce Stockdale.'

niko_cee
08-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Oh yeah. Our recruitment has been spot on recently so we've probably got some good options lined up.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with Maenpaa, with Walton as back up.

Pen
08-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Mäenpää is dogshit.

Reg
08-05-2017, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with Maenpaa, with Walton as back up.
Hmm, interesting. I would've thought he'd have got more of a look in if Hughton saw him as a possible number 1.

John
08-05-2017, 09:49 PM
We basically need a whole new squad. Foderingham is good and I remember Alnwick as being competent from what little I've seen, but the rest of the side is a mess. Our best player this season is in his late thirties, and our second best is in his even later thirties.

We have to build the side around Jordan Rossiter, assuming his run of injuries this season wasn't indicative of a long term pattern.

Ian
09-05-2017, 12:07 AM
A summer of rest for Fellainimania will be like a new signing. Maybe two.

Adamski
09-05-2017, 05:04 AM
We basically need a whole new squad. Foderingham is good and I remember Alnwick as being competent from what little I've seen, but the rest of the side is a mess. Our best player this season is in his late thirties, and our second best is in his even later thirties.

We have to build the side around Jordan Rossiter, assuming his run of injuries this season wasn't indicative of a long term pattern.

We could do with about 15 players but realistically I'd like to see 6 first team players come in. Players to leave/set fire to:

Kiernan
Senderos
Halliday
O'Halloran
Forrester
Garner
Windass

Toral & Hyndman will go back as well. I'd keep Hill around for another season as back up if we can.

Looks like Rashid Sumalia is close to signing and we've been linked with Bruno Alves but not sure on that one.

Adam
09-05-2017, 07:59 AM
Huge summer for Bolton after our promotion. Those in bold I feel we need to keep hold off, everyone else can go and free up some space on the wage budget.

Loan players;

Le Fondre - Been great since coming in and seems to really enjoy it playing for us.
Chris Long
Andrew Taylor - One of our most consistent players all year.
James Henry
Tom Thorpe
Solomon-Otabor

Contracted to us;

Jay Spearing - Had a great season playing in front of the back 4 or 3, good experience at Championship level.
David Wheater - A must keep, he was fantastic at the back with Beevers, formed the most solid partnership I think I have ever seen at Bolton.
Mark Davies
Liam Trotter
Dorian Dervite - Played well with a back 3 would keep him on but mainly as a squad player.
Dean Moxey
Lawrie Wilson
Lewis Buxton
Max Clayton - Young player with good potential, has been injury prone of late but worth a risk.
Filipe Morais - Sensational record since coming in, 13 assists and 2 goals in half a season!
Gary Madine - Squad player at best, I dont rate Gary at all, it seemed we couldnt get a win without him which is worrying we need to sign someone of a similar ilk but better quality.
Reece Wabara

Spammer
09-05-2017, 08:08 AM
Yeah, Dugarry was superb but he was never a goalscorer for us. As a fan of the club since a child we've never been a team that has played good football or played a free-flowing, attacking style. It's always been grinding, counter-attack and getting goals on the break. Maybe that's why we can't attract good forwards.

How's Che Adams doing for you lot?

wullie
09-05-2017, 08:35 AM
Recruitment last summer saw Cov go from two points outside the playoffs in 15/16 to two points clear of rock bottom this season, so hopefully Mark Robins has more about him than Tony Mowbray, who's spent the year being a voodoo curse to any club he's even so much as linked with

Released:
Nathan Clarke
Kevin Foley
Vladimir Gadzhev
Andy Rose
Ruben Lameiras
Marcus Tudgay
Jack Finch

Out of contract, offered new deal:
Lee Burge
Chris Stokes
George Thomas
Ryan Haynes
Gael Bigirimana
Dion Kelly-Evans

Under contract:
Reice Charles-Cook
Cian Harries
Jordan Willis
Ben Stevenson
Kyel Reid
Kwame Thomas
Jodi Jones

Under contract but with option to leave due to relegation clause:
Jordan Turnbull
Stuart Beavon

I imagine most of the player offered deals with say no and a few under contract will be sold (Willis and Stevenson had offers in January) but considering that they all contributed to the worst team I've ever seen they can all be drowned in a lake for all it really matters.

Kikó
09-05-2017, 09:05 AM
United need a forward, a top, top Michael Carrick replacement (Carrick should get another year), a centre back, and possibly another PRESSING midfielder for when Ander Herrera injures himself or gets suspended. Wayne Rooney leaving seems to be nailed on, but there can't be that many following him. World Clashley Young has probably saved himself, so maybe one of Chris Smalling and Phil Jones (FFEC), and hopefully not Dave Gayer.

I think we'll lose Rooney, one of the chuckle brother defenders and DDG. There were some reports he'd grown tired of Fellimania but I doubt that can ever happen to any manager. Ever.

Linked with Michael Keane, Tierney (Celtic), Griezeman, Um'Bop from Monaco and Bernardo Silva. Worryingly we're also linked with Joe Hart.

John Arne
09-05-2017, 09:21 AM
Rooney is coming to HCMC, Vietnam.

You heard it here first.

Kikó
09-05-2017, 09:40 AM
I'll drive him there.

Lewis
09-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Every in-house defence of Fellainimania you ever hear seems to stress his willingness to blindly follow tactical instructions (how well he then carries them out is another issue), so you can see why people like 'LvG' and the current FRAUD would love having him around.

Kikó
09-05-2017, 10:16 AM
*busted flush

Baz
09-05-2017, 10:25 AM
Liverpool spending £25m on Michael Keane is ridiculous. Even more so when you consider he left United for £2m two years ago. And even more more so when apparently a player like Fabregas is available for not much more.

I hope Liverpool get Ryan Bertrand as this summers Southampton big-buy. And hold onto Phil & Bob no matter what!

Kikó
09-05-2017, 10:37 AM
Bit of a false comparison. Keane is young and English and can demand that sort of fee. Fabregas is over 30 and on the wane in comparison.

niko_cee
09-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Bertrand, Van Dijk and whatever is left in the coffers on Matt Le Tissier.

Adamski
09-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Bit of a false comparison. Keane is young and English and can demand that sort of fee. Fabregas is over 30 and on the wane in comparison.

And Fabregas doesn't play centre half. You've had a mare here Baz.

7om
09-05-2017, 01:12 PM
How's Che Adams doing for you lot?

He was making steady progress under Rowett but fell away under Zola and just never found a regular spot in the team. I don't think we quite know what his best position is, though. We've tried him as a number 9 and a number 10. Where did he play for Sheffield United?

Spammer
09-05-2017, 01:16 PM
He was making steady progress under Rowett but fell away under Zola and just never found a regular spot in the team. I don't think we quite know what his best position is, though. We've tried him as a number 9 and a number 10. Where did he play for Sheffield United?

Similar situation with us really. We had him up top, just behind Sharp and on the wing. Never really settled in one place and can't even remember where he did best in honesty. Probably up top I guess.

He can be brilliant on his day but would often blow hot and cold. That said, we were mid-table with a clueless manager for most of his time, so he might have stormed it this season when we've been playing well.

7om
09-05-2017, 01:26 PM
I just checked and I'm surprised to see he only got 7 goals in all competitions this year, as I thought it was a lot more than that. We are piss poor, though. It's not really fair to judge him just yet.

Lewis
09-05-2017, 01:48 PM
*busted flush

You're right. FRAUD. Don't United have some sort of buy back/percentage clause that could see them get Michael Keane for less than Liverpool are apparently going to spend on him? They should have just let them have Phil Jones all those years ago.

Pleb
09-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Paulp Odba world record move from Juventus to United under FIFA investigation according to Sky.

Lol if true.

Baz
09-05-2017, 07:37 PM
Bit of a false comparison. Keane is young and English and can demand that sort of fee. Fabregas is over 30 and on the wane in comparison.It's a worthwhile comparison when Liverpool are linked to both, I think.

I'd much rather have Fabregas, fwiw.

Weaver
09-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Inter have sacked whoever they've got in charge at the moment, presumably because they're going to spend shit loads of money this summer and want a big name to lead THE PROJECT.

Is it time?

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/www-thefa-com/images/news/england/2016/jan/paul-ince-with-roy-hodgson-at-inter-milan-in-1996.ashx?la=en

Raoul Duke
09-05-2017, 09:19 PM
Woy looks like a young Trump there.

Magic
09-05-2017, 09:21 PM
Inter have sacked whoever they've got in charge at the moment, presumably because they're going to spend shit loads of money this summer and want a big name to lead THE PROJECT.

Is it time?

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/www-thefa-com/images/news/england/2016/jan/paul-ince-with-roy-hodgson-at-inter-milan-in-1996.ashx?la=en

Are they the ones that have just been taken over or is that Milan?

Adamski
09-05-2017, 09:33 PM
Milan. Inter got taken over a year or two back.

Magic
09-05-2017, 09:34 PM
When they come back to the top. :cool:

Can't be having a Pazziniless Atalanta donning it.

niko_cee
15-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Apparently Liverpool have agreed a deal for Waff's man Robertson from Hull.

Smiffy
15-05-2017, 01:09 PM
A little underwhelming but you've got to give Klopp the benefit of the doubt. Maguire is the other we're linked to.

Wijnaldum, Matip and Mane have been good signings.

Grujic has been injured too much to judge. Klavan and Manninger are every bit the backup players you'd expect whilst Karius seems the only 'flop' although I use that term loosely given he's barely had a look in either.

Not a bad record in the market thus far in fairness.

Gray Fox
15-05-2017, 03:07 PM
A person who can actually play left-back is a start. I've lost count of the times Milner has it and needs to drive to the byline but does the same cut inside move and underhit cross.

You'd have to think there'll be another left-back unless Klopp sees Milner as a reliable back up plan. It's not one of the big superstar transfers, but one of the sensible, needed ones.

Smiffy
15-05-2017, 03:15 PM
I've grown to like him there, personally. I was just as underwhelmed when we signed him too but in fairness to the guy he has been one of our most consistent players since signing. He's eased into the position and despite not being a natural in it I think he's done bloody brilliant. I'm not doubting Klopp's judgement on any of the players he brings in during the summer as he's done nothing to make me question them thus far. I suppose it does spell the end for Moreno though. :( I really wanted him to have some sort of second coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grxfeVb0fcs

It just seems so Alberto. :D

Ian
16-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Sky are reporting the BREAKING NEWS that United have been offered the chance to sign Wee Jimmy Rodriguez in the summer.

Has he been crap, not got many chances or something else/turtle?

Kikó
16-05-2017, 09:59 AM
Why would we want to sign Hamez?

Spammer
16-05-2017, 10:06 AM
I thought Arsenal signed him a few years ago. Turns out it was Sanchez.

niko_cee
16-05-2017, 10:13 AM
'Hamez' should be good (what a waste of time those World Cup Colombians have been mind) but if the cost is Dave Gayer I'm not sure it's that good a deal.

You'd think United could do with someone more direct/pacy though.

Giggles
16-05-2017, 10:24 AM
Why would we want to sign Hamez?

Hameth.

Lewis
16-05-2017, 11:02 AM
Harmez would have been a good signing this time last year, but it doesn't really work with Paulp Ogba (or if the Antoine Griezmann one happens). I read Renato Sanches yesterday. That would be ideal, provided he hasn't turned completely bollocks and done an Anderson on crap meat and pretzels.

Magic
16-05-2017, 11:04 AM
I hope they sign him for about £75m. :harold:

Weaver
16-05-2017, 11:30 AM
Newcastle and Chelsea have agreed a fee for Christian Atsu, according to Sky. £6.2m was apparently agreed as part of his loan deal.

Good start - he was pretty decent for us last season and he seemed to flourish as the season went on.

Ian
16-05-2017, 11:45 AM

And it's covered by training kit sponsorships, noodle deals and the official tractor money and nobody cares.

Offshore Toon
16-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Newcastle and Chelsea have agreed a fee for Christian Atsu, according to Sky. £6.2m was apparently agreed as part of his loan deal.

Good start - he was pretty decent for us last season and he seemed to flourish as the season went on.
He was decent coming off the bench, so he's useful as a wildcard since he has moments of magic.

Not particularly excited about it, though. He won't keep us up at all.

Magic
16-05-2017, 11:49 AM
And it's covered by training kit sponsorships, noodle deals and the official tractor money and nobody cares.

It's just amusing, is all. Keep telling us how you're only 'one signing away' from a Premier League winning team...:harold:

Lufcdanny
16-05-2017, 12:00 PM
I work with a lad who owns and runs a Leeds United Website, he has a press pass and is quite pally with a few people in the know. Usually finds out a fair bit of information that turns out to be true. :sherlock:

Told me today that Monk is happy to stay but before he agrees to anything is making them sign an agreement that states he has full control over the transfers and the budget. Which is fair enough but a sorry state of affairs when he feels that is necessary.

wullie
16-05-2017, 12:01 PM
Five years after the relief of finally getting shot of him, we've signed 35 year old Michael Doyle and it's a bizarrely great signing. He's not missed a day of football in almost his whole career and he's just off winning League 2 as captain. The downside is that his nickname is 'Doyler' which is used by all the media and is stupid.

Magic
16-05-2017, 12:05 PM
I work with a lad who owns and runs a Leeds United Website, he has a press pass and is quite pally with a few people in the know. Usually finds out a fair bit of information that turns out to be true. :sherlock:

Told me today that Monk is happy to stay but before he agrees to anything is making them sign an agreement that states he has full control over the transfers and the budget. Which is fair enough but a sorry state of affairs when he feels that is necessary.

I thought Rad wanted to appoint a DoF?

Lufcdanny
16-05-2017, 12:25 PM
Monk has said he wont work under one. So I guess it means that if we do see a DoF announced before Monk's announcement we know which way that's going.

Got the 20% refund back on my season ticket today also for not making play offs. Bittersweet.

Magic
16-05-2017, 12:43 PM
Some people were refusing it to go back to the club. :sick:

Adamski
16-05-2017, 01:58 PM
How did you become a Leeds fan, Magic? I mean it suits you perfectly, but I'd imagine that's more happy accident than design.

Magic
16-05-2017, 02:04 PM
It was beaten in to me by my dad (who is from Leeds and moved up here in his 20s).

Giggles
16-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Child abuse. And the beatings aren't great either.

niko_cee
16-05-2017, 03:06 PM
If the alternative was supporting a Dundee club (or one of the old firm) he's done you a favour.

randomlegend
16-05-2017, 03:33 PM
Sky are reporting the BREAKING NEWS that United have been offered the chance to sign Wee Jimmy Rodriguez in the summer.

Has he been crap, not got many chances or something else/turtle?

I can't pretend I've watched much Madrid but it seems Zidane just doesn't fancy him as much as anything.

He's apparently got the highest goals+assists/minute of any midfielder in la liga this season, for whatever that's worth.

Offshore Toon
16-05-2017, 03:38 PM
I can't pretend I've watched much Madrid but it seems Zidane just doesn't fancy him as much as anything.

He's apparently got the highest goals+assists/minute of any midfielder in la liga this season, for whatever that's worth.
"Owen ended the 2004–05 season with 13 goals in La Liga, the season's highest ratio of goals scored to number of minutes played."

Kikó
16-05-2017, 03:49 PM
We can't sign Owen again FFS.

phonics
16-05-2017, 04:02 PM
So did Chicharito the year he was there, it's almost like Real Madrid score lots of goals.

Raoul Duke
16-05-2017, 06:49 PM
So did Chicharito the year he was there, it's almost like Real Madrid score lots of goals.

Especially if you count the subs coming on to put the 6th past Atl. Jamon CF

Ian
16-05-2017, 09:28 PM
It's just amusing, is all. Keep telling us how you're only 'one signing away' from a Premier League winning team...:harold:

You're welcome to try and find even one post where I've suggested anything of the sort.

randomlegend
16-05-2017, 09:31 PM
Same.

Lewis
16-05-2017, 09:38 PM
I had them winning the league in the pre-season prediction thread. I think the only things I got right were John Stones being shit and Antonio Valencia being a legend, and they were hardly difficult calls to make.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-05-2017, 04:49 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39954093

Keane is looking likely then.

Might as well bring back Nani and Rafael.

Lewis
17-05-2017, 04:51 PM
I was just lolling at that report. No actual reports, no quotes... The BBC can't just publish that sort of pish.

John
17-05-2017, 04:54 PM
I had Chelsea winning the league at the start of the season, which makes it annoying to see that twat who somehow got 5000/1 on it on advanced odds.

I did have 'Zlatan' as the worst signing though so it balances out.

Smiffy
17-05-2017, 04:55 PM
I'm calling it right now that if he signs for Man United at whatever cost it ends up being that he'll be nothing more than a backup player within 18-24 months.

I'd rather we weren't interested either tbh.

Lewis
17-05-2017, 05:00 PM
More like six once Marcos Rojo is back. :cool:

randomlegend
17-05-2017, 05:05 PM
You've stopped calling him the trendy lesbian since he stopped being shit.

Jimmy Floyd
17-05-2017, 05:05 PM
I had Chelsea winning the league at the start of the season, which makes it annoying to see that twat who somehow got 5000/1 on it on advanced odds.

I did have 'Zlatan' as the worst signing though so it balances out.

I was talking to someone the other day who put £1,000 on Chelsea at 25/1 after we lost to Liverpool and Arsenal (but negated the winnings by putting other large bets on City and United).

Mind you, the same bloke was talking about putting £12,000 on a horse for the Derby, so who knows what sort of character we're talking about.

Smiffy
17-05-2017, 05:07 PM
More like six once Marcos Rojo is back. http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/images/smilies/cool2.gif

I'd rather wait for that moment in fairness. I don't see how any club can justify selling a player for £2M then bringing him back for over ten times that even if they get the sell on clause. I would be fuming if we were even entertaining the idea and in reality, there are better defenders around.

niko_cee
17-05-2017, 05:08 PM
Is Keane really any better than FEC Phil? I can see the case for Smalling being an absolute chancer, but is Jones just not permanently afflicted by strange blue-on-blue injuries? Signing centre halves off super negative bottom dwellers is a risky business.

John
17-05-2017, 05:12 PM
I've just had a look back at the thread and Lewis went fairly big on trying to get Conte Watch off the ground. Calling him and Chelsea being great, the Championship spot on, and two of the three relegated sides correctly is more than negated on my part by shouting Musa as the signing of the season and Zlatan being shit.

Lewis
17-05-2017, 05:13 PM
He's English, presumably helps the club meet all of those European quotas without Jose Mourinho having to risk introducing any youth players of his own, and would probably cost not much more than some mug team would be willing to spend on Chris Smalling. I would welcome it.

Smiffy
17-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Is Keane really any better than FEC Phil? I can see the case for Smalling being an absolute chancer, but is Jones just not permanently afflicted by strange blue-on-blue injuries? Signing centre halves off super negative bottom dwellers is a risky business.

When you have been at a club for six years and you're more noted for your injuries, facial expressions and a tongue in cheek FEC then I think it's fair to say that you're not even in Keanes league which is a statement in itself given it's his first season in the top flight (I think).

Lewis
17-05-2017, 05:16 PM
I've just had a look back at the thread and Lewis went fairly big on trying to get Conte Watch off the ground. Calling him and Chelsea being great, the Championship spot on, and two of the three relegated sides correctly is more than negated on my part by shouting Musa as the signing of the season and Zlatan being shit.

He's done me this season alright, but I still say that a monkey could have won those Serie A titles, so the general point is a slow-burner.

Smiffy
17-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Wait until you right then say you called it.

That sounds very familiar. :cool: Just took 20 years to call the United downfall.

niko_cee
17-05-2017, 05:26 PM
not much more than some mug team would be willing to spend on Chris Smalling. I would welcome it.

This is probably going to need Woy to get back into management seeing as Everton are probably no good anymore and Davey Moyes isn't going to have 2 bob to spend.

Reg
19-05-2017, 06:34 PM
We've bought someone called Pascal Gross, for probably about £3.5m (undisclosed fee as usual). Number ten and set piece specialist, which could be very useful.

Offshore Toon
19-05-2017, 06:38 PM
"Pascal Groß has created more chances (95) than any other player in the #Bundesliga this season."

Reg
19-05-2017, 07:02 PM
That's what's up! Bloom, y'all.

I have no idea if that 'chances created' stat is worth anything, but let's say it is.

Pen
19-05-2017, 07:02 PM
You should be able to come up with a few decent chants about Big/disgusting Pascal even if he ends up being shit so the fee is really good anyway.

Offshore Toon
19-05-2017, 07:57 PM
That's what's up! Bloom, y'all.

I have no idea if that 'chances created' stat is worth anything, but let's say it is.
Seems a bit Moneyball but if it works it'll be a stroke of genius. At that price you can afford to take the risk.

Kikó
19-05-2017, 08:40 PM
Waffles :cool:

John
20-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Wenger is on the verge of signing a new two year deal, apparently. :harold:

Giggles
20-05-2017, 11:28 AM
I'd love to see him sign it, win the league next season, and troll the absolute fuck out of all those YouTube wankers.

Spikey M
20-05-2017, 12:06 PM
That post was great right up until the eighth word and beyond.

Lewis
20-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Tony Adams must have talked himself out of it.

Magic
20-05-2017, 03:16 PM

£5 million off.

:lol:

Lewis
20-05-2017, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't have prioritised him, but I don't think anyone will be too gutted to sign a world class attacking midfielder in the prime of his career.

Magic
20-05-2017, 03:45 PM
:dirk:

Shindig
20-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Wenger is on the verge of signing a new two year deal, apparently. :harold:

It's the fear of the unknown that keeps him there. "So, Arsene ... must be thinking about retirement soon?"

Giggles
20-05-2017, 04:52 PM
As someone said the other day (Hamann I think), Rojo and Valencia aren't exactly box office for the South American market but Hameth should be a perfect signing.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-05-2017, 05:17 PM
Where does he fit in though?

His best position is arguably in a 4-2-3-1 with him just behind the striker but Pogba in a midfield two?

Giggles
20-05-2017, 05:19 PM
Where does he fit in though?

His best position is arguably in a 4-2-3-1 with him just behind the striker but Pogba in a midfield two?

He fits in by making a new market buy stuff.

Reg
20-05-2017, 05:22 PM
That's the trouble with Pogba.

Maybe they'll have Hames coming off the right wing, sticking with the 4-3-3. I don't really see United getting him though.

Lewis
20-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Yeah, it only works coming off the right, and even then it would need Juan Mata or 'Micky' to leave (Lionel Jesse being safe forever). I would have him on that basis though, with the latter being my preference for the boot.

Giggles
20-05-2017, 05:28 PM
The trouble with Pogba is that he's average.

Reg
20-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Yeah, it only works coming off the right, and even then it would need Juan Mata or 'Micky' to leave (Lionel Jesse being safe forever). I would have him on that basis though, with the latter being my preference for the boot.
The whole squad seems built for 4231... Except Pogba.

Lewis
20-05-2017, 05:49 PM
The Mourinho 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 are basically interchangeable anyway. The nearest thing he has had to a proper number ten (as in not defending and just doing what he likes) was Deco, and even he tucked in.

Reg
20-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Yeah, fair point. Pogba often drifts into the no10 area in possession.

I reckon Mata and probably Mick are better no10s than they are wide-ish players. And Mourinho usually has very good, fast wingers and Martial, Lingard and Rashford aren't exactly Robben, Ronaldo or Hazard standard.

Gray Fox
21-05-2017, 04:32 PM
We're supposedly set for a double left-back swoop.

A deal for Robertson from Hull should be pretty easily sewn up with them having gone down. Our other target is Ryan Sessegnon who only just turned 17. He made the Championship team of the year but they benched him for both play-off games out of the blue. Could be a sign that he's off somewhere.

As for other targets it depends on what formation Klopp sees us playing next year. With Milner returning to the centre and Coutinho likely moving there too, we really don't need anything other than maybe 1 defensive minded player.

He's openly said he doesn't want a Goalkeeper. Alexander-Arnold can cover behind Clyne, so a starting quality CB or maybe two is needed. After that I'd have us signing a couple of wingers and 1 striker. Hopefully Ings can come back strong too, but he's had basically 2 years out now so I'd not expect miracles.

niko_cee
22-05-2017, 06:42 AM
I'd be amazed if Sessegnon doesn't end up at Spurs.

Probably better off spaffing the combined fee for those two on Bertrand (why change the habit of a lifetime?). What has Robertson been like this year?

Weaver
23-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Sky reckon Jermaine Defoe has provisionally agreed to join Bournemouth for next season. Personal terms haven't been agreed, or a medical yet.

I thought he'd end up back at West Ham, or as Harry Kane's backup at Spurs, but good on Bournemouth for getting in there early.

John
23-05-2017, 05:01 PM
RIP Bradley.

randomlegend
23-05-2017, 05:05 PM
#GRIE7MANUTD seems to be looking likely.

Imagine it's rather contingent on us winning tomorrow.

Baz
23-05-2017, 05:08 PM
If you read this thread you should take part in the Transfer Guessing Game (http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/showthread.php?1731-Where-Will-They-End-Up-(Transfer-Guessing-Game)).

Lewis
23-05-2017, 05:17 PM
#GRIE7MANUTD seems to be looking likely.

Imagine it's rather contingent on us winning tomorrow.

'I've reached a point where playing nice football and scoring goals isn't enough'. That's fortunate.

randomlegend
23-05-2017, 06:50 PM
If you read this thread you should take part in the Transfer Guessing Game (http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/showthread.php?1731-Where-Will-They-End-Up-(Transfer-Guessing-Game)).

Baz been replaced with a bot?

Disco
23-05-2017, 06:58 PM
Probably, you should see how much he's earning working from home though.

Reg
23-05-2017, 08:46 PM
Real Madrid have paid £39.6m for a 16-year-old who's made one senior appearance. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/23/real-madrid-vinicius-junior-flamengo-46m-16-year-old-transfer

Lewis
23-05-2017, 08:59 PM
I would rather risk having to pay eighty in 2020.

Jimmy Floyd
23-05-2017, 09:15 PM
It's not the player they're buying though, it's the futures in his image rights etc. You can flog loads of shirts even if his value to the team in the next few years is negligible.

EDIT: I see he's staying at Flamengo anyway. Hmm.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-05-2017, 10:30 PM
It's not the player they're buying though, it's the futures in his image rights etc. You can flog loads of shirts even if his value to the team in the next few years is negligible.

EDIT: I see he's staying at Flamengo anyway. Hmm.

Can't officially join Madrid until he turns 18 /FM.

Lewis
25-05-2017, 03:16 PM
'There's lots of offers on the table, both in England and abroad', sez Wayne Rooney. It would be interesting to know who they all are, and whether there are any 'You wot mate?' offers from clubs who ought to know better.

Jimmy Floyd
25-05-2017, 04:02 PM
He seems quite homespun to me, so it's probably Tranmere or bust.

Back in the glory days he could have had a go at Big Sam's Bolton.

Lewis
25-05-2017, 04:13 PM
There will be at least one Big Club getting involved because their owners are wallies. Milan, probably.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-05-2017, 05:14 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/25/paul-pogba-drops-antoine-griezmann-man-utd-transfer-hint-europa/

As good as signed then.

I'm going to order my Griezmann shirt tonight.

Adamski
26-05-2017, 09:22 AM
Pepe any clue about Carlos Pena? 27year old centre mid who plays for Leon on loan from Guadalajahaha.

Gray Fox
26-05-2017, 09:39 AM
Rumours afoot that Bernardo Silva is in Manchester today to finalise a move.

That'd be to City surely?

Waffdon
26-05-2017, 09:52 AM
Twitter says Man City. Not sure they're in desperate need for another attacker, mind.

randomlegend
26-05-2017, 10:10 AM
There've been rumours for ages about United wanting him but who knows.

Pepe
26-05-2017, 11:12 AM
Pepe any clue about Carlos Pena? 27year old centre mid who plays for Leon on loan from Guadalajahaha.

He was quite good a few years ago, when I still watched football. I'm completely out of touch nowadays.

randomlegend
26-05-2017, 11:27 AM
City it is.

Jimmy Floyd
26-05-2017, 12:03 PM
£60 million? Have I missed something?

Lewis
26-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Chequebook manager that bloke.

Lewis
26-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Antonio Valencia has signed a new deal today, so this just looks like City trying to prove they're relevant now.

Reg
26-05-2017, 12:42 PM
He does seem extremely good for 22.

Pen
26-05-2017, 12:50 PM
The development of fees. Sixty is the new fifteen.

Lewis
26-05-2017, 12:52 PM
Fred Talbot agrees.

Offshore Toon
26-05-2017, 03:06 PM
I've never heard of that bloke and he's going for £60m. I need to pull my finger out.

Jimmy Floyd
26-05-2017, 03:13 PM
Not having BT means that most of those people just pass me by nowadays. I know everyone in the lower reaches of the Championship though.

Offshore Toon
26-05-2017, 03:22 PM
My football knowledge was rooted in FM and I haven't played in years. I doubt I know a single River Plate reserve player these days.

-james-
26-05-2017, 04:38 PM
Harry Redknapp says he wants to sign Benoit Assou-Ekotto for Birmingham City, but the player wishes to be a pornstar. #THFC https://t.co/l2bsL7ZdnG

Ian
26-05-2017, 10:57 PM
'What a good player. He could well end up in the Birmingham colours next year, Benoit.'

There's something about the wording of this that really amuses me. Dunno what, unless I'm just a simpleton.

Lewis
28-05-2017, 12:40 AM
Michael Carrick has signed a new one year deal. When I've found the best YouTube compilation of his sideways passing I'll let you all know.

Lewis
28-05-2017, 12:58 AM
There are actually a couple, but this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRObG4TMuys) one has 1) the crappest music; and 2) very few forward passes. Imagine making that (or watching that).

Ian
28-05-2017, 09:25 AM
His goals against Roma though. :drool:

John Arne
28-05-2017, 01:26 PM
Never knew Pogba was a mussy.

Reg
28-05-2017, 04:30 PM
United apparently after Inter's Perisic. Seems an odd one. http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10895825/manchester-united-in-transfer-talks-for-ivan-perisic-of-inter-milan

Giggles
28-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Endless money and Lingard is a Bournemouth player at best. Not that odd.

Raoul Duke
28-05-2017, 04:37 PM
£30-odd million on a shit, old (ish) left winger? Sigh

Reg
28-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Endless money and Lingard is a Bournemouth player at best. Not that odd.
28 years old, £36m, and never really been thought of as a player for a top club (as far as I know). They could get better.

Giggles
28-05-2017, 04:42 PM
28 years old, £36m, and never really been thought of as a player for a top club (as far as I know). They could get better.

But £36m is like them picking up a journeyman for £5m a few years ago. He won't feature much but will be better than what they have to throw in now.

Reg
28-05-2017, 04:48 PM
£36m still gets you quite a lot. Kanté, Mané etc. Bernardo Silva didn't go for that much more and he's 22.

Ian
28-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Woowar's too busy trying to work out how to get Fabregas off Barcelona to worry about whether or not Perisic is worth a few years of tractor money or not.

Lewis
28-05-2017, 04:52 PM
I must have seen him play about twice (probably for Croatia), but it sounds like he works hard and covers a few positions. They don't actually have loads of depth across the attack, so I think having an older head around (there is a lot of experience out/leaving) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

John
28-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Bernardo Silva was double that, was he not?

Perisic is a brilliant player. He was excellent at the Euros and he's been the standout any time I've watched Inter this season. Apparently it's just his attitude that's held him back.

Adamski
28-05-2017, 05:04 PM
£30-odd million on a shit, old (ish) left winger? Sigh

He's an excellent player.

Reg
28-05-2017, 05:15 PM

Perisic is a brilliant player. He was excellent at the Euros and he's been the standout any time I've watched Inter this season. Apparently it's just his attitude that's held him back.
£43.6m https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2017/may/26/manchester-city-bernardo-silva-monaco-video

Shindig
28-05-2017, 05:21 PM
We'll have Cabella and Krul back next season which are like new signings.

John
28-05-2017, 05:22 PM
I'd heard sixty million. Must have been including add ons or something.

Offshore Toon
28-05-2017, 05:30 PM
We'll have Cabella and Krul back next season which are like new signings.
A clause was triggered in Cabella's loan agreement which means he'll move permanently. Krul is coming back, but apparently he's had a shocking season in Holland.

Offshore Toon
28-05-2017, 05:31 PM
I'd heard sixty million. Must have been including add ons or something.
I think sixty was touted at first, but then it was confirmed as the figure Reg said.

Foe
28-05-2017, 05:35 PM

Agree with that. He was incredible against Spain. Surprised that inter aren't considered a top club now. How the mighty fall.

Magic
28-05-2017, 05:45 PM
United apparently after Inter's Perisic. Seems an odd one. http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10895825/manchester-united-in-transfer-talks-for-ivan-perisic-of-inter-milan

It is an odd one, he's a temporamental little cunt. Given the issues they had with ANHEL and Falcao...

Foe
28-05-2017, 08:44 PM
Tielemans has gone to Monaco for a shade over £20million and Cuadrado has signed for Juve permanently for £17 million.

Jimmy - did Cuadrado ever start a game for Chelsea, or did he basically jump from Fiorentina (?) to Chelsea backup before Juve?

Surprised no English team jumped on the Youri train.

Jimmy Floyd
28-05-2017, 08:55 PM
He played half a season for us I think, but was basically useless and lazy.

Lewis
28-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Twitter sez that City are spending forty-five million on the Benfica 'keeper. I have no idea who he is, but it must make Dave Gayer worth all of the money in Spain.

Shindig
28-05-2017, 10:01 PM
So is this one good with his hands or good with his feet?

Lewis
28-05-2017, 10:12 PM
Apparently he has a really long goal kick (could be rhyming slang), which must mean English football has broken 'Pep' and he's now a long ball merchant.

Kikó
29-05-2017, 07:37 AM
He's a very good keeper. Confident in the air and shot stopping and his distribution is calm and accurate.

Weaver
30-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Thomas Tuchel and Dortmund have gone their seperate ways, according to Sky.

Arsenal?

phonics
30-05-2017, 11:42 AM
Nope

Pleb
30-05-2017, 12:34 PM
That guy deserves a knighthood.

John Arne
30-05-2017, 12:37 PM
Liverpool have signed Dominic Solanke from Chelsea. $3-$4m tribunal fee.

http://s.weltsport.net/bilder/spieler/gross/259169.jpg

Jimmy Floyd
30-05-2017, 12:41 PM
He's been seething about money for about two years. Decent player, but be warned.

Wenger :cool:

Lewis
30-05-2017, 12:48 PM
If you Google 'Mourinho Loftus Cheek' you get some great articles.

Ian
30-05-2017, 12:59 PM
Wenger is one of the great heroes of our time. Those two Arsenal TV cunts will abandon The Arsenal before he does.

Danny
30-05-2017, 01:24 PM
He's been seething about money for about two years. Decent player, but be warned.

Wenger :cool:

Wasn't he wanting something stupid like 50k

John Arne
30-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Apparently he's on just under 20k for us. Which is still way too much for a 19 year old who hasn't played a BPLSBB game.

randomlegend
30-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Griezmann has apparently handed in a transfer request :drool:

Lewis
30-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Won't that just forfeit any 'loyalty bonus' he might have been owed if United end up having to pay his release fee? He's even BOTTLED his transfer ffs.

randomlegend
30-05-2017, 02:26 PM
Seems he's just "informed the board he wants to leave" rather than put in an official transfer request.

1/2 :drool:

Danny
30-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Mahrez has apparently done the same

Trancemeister
30-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Asmir Begovic to Bournemouth for £10m

ScousePig
30-05-2017, 09:47 PM
Does anyone know much about Derek McInnes? He's big favourite to be Sunderland's next boss.

Poor sod.

phonics
30-05-2017, 09:48 PM
Isn't he the very angry man who got sacked after telling a fan to fuck off?

edit: Can't even google it because he shares a surname with a rather famous white supremacist.

ScousePig
30-05-2017, 09:49 PM
At Bristol City? Not sure.

phonics
30-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Ah no I was thinking of the one from Scotland.

Waffdon
30-05-2017, 10:09 PM
Nah. McGhee was the one from that video. McInnes has done very well in Scotland but shit the bed in England.

They came runners up to Celtic in three different competitions this year lol

ScousePig
30-05-2017, 10:26 PM
That's pretty much like winning the treble, right?

Reg
30-05-2017, 10:53 PM
Mark McGheeeee, Mark McGheeeeee, drinking pints of whiskey, Mark McGheee.

Mahrez has told Leicester he wants to leave.

Raoul Duke
31-05-2017, 06:24 AM
Mahrez feels like a great candidate for a classic 'move to West Ham on a fat contract -> chimp out after a year or two -> move to Italy/France/Spain' transfer saga

Giggles
31-05-2017, 07:06 AM
Did he improve much under Shakespeare last season or was he still shit?

phonics
31-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Apparently the Wenger announcement will be officially confirmed today alongside a series of ex-players coming back in to fill higher level roles such as Bergkamp becoming head of the academy and Bobby Pires moving into a Director of Football sort of role.

Max Power
31-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Mahrez is quality, he'll keep succeeding at the right club. Just hope he goes abroad.

John Arne
31-05-2017, 12:54 PM
So why did Wenger not sign a new deal until this week? Would he have left if Arsenal reached the top 4, or lost the FA Cup final?

phonics
31-05-2017, 01:05 PM
He basically called them out on it last week, the deal was done ages ago. Results wobbled and they suddenly weren't willing to say publicly that the contract was still on the table.

Mazuuurk
31-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Read somewhere that both Ozil and Sanchez are "for sure" leaving as well.

Which, you know, big surprise.

phonics
31-05-2017, 01:49 PM
From Matt Hughes who has no sources at the club. Sanchez will probably leave. Ozil won't.

Jimmy Floyd
31-05-2017, 02:05 PM
I read that Sanchez will leave and Ozil will run down his contract so he can leave on a free next year.

Yevrah
31-05-2017, 02:19 PM
If Arsenal can't keep either of those they may as well just give up on the football side of things entirely.

Mazuuurk
31-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Having a player who just wants to run down his contract seems like a no brainer for a year on the bench to me, but then it's Wenger so who knows.

Jimmy Floyd
31-05-2017, 02:40 PM
If Arsenal can't keep either of those they may as well just give up on the football side of things entirely.

It would be an interesting thought experiment to see if anyone would notice if you just stopped the football matches and conducted the whole thing on hype alone.

Adamski
31-05-2017, 04:13 PM
Bruno Alves :cool:

randomlegend
31-05-2017, 04:20 PM
It would be an interesting thought experiment to see if anyone would notice if you just stopped the football matches and conducted the whole thing on hype alone.

That would just be an experiment.

Lewis
31-05-2017, 04:59 PM
United still haven't signed anybody, Randrew. Have you been pulling your weight on Twitter?

randomlegend
31-05-2017, 05:40 PM
I don't even have twitter, I just F5 spam on r/reddevils/new

There's been a watch advert released today with this:

https://i.redd.it/9cub6lpwnu0z.png

in it though (that's Griezmann's wrist obviously).

John
31-05-2017, 05:42 PM
About half the people he knows will be called Jose. He lives in Spain.

Rangers Twitter seems to have decided that we're signing Nani, which seems like the most obvious case of fans getting getting carried away I've ever seen. We have a Portuguese manager and have signed a good Portuguese defender, so obviously we're signing the entire Portuguese squad.

Lewis
31-05-2017, 05:49 PM
I would love to see Nani as a number ten in a rubbish league. He could cover less than a mile a game and score twenty pot shots by Christmas.

randomlegend
31-05-2017, 06:13 PM

Rangers Twitter seems to have decided that we're signing Nani, which seems like the most obvious case of fans getting getting carried away I've ever seen. We have a Portuguese manager and have signed a good Portuguese defender, so obviously we're signing the entire Portuguese squad.

Just like all the Pogba muppetry last season, there's absolutely no way they didn't realise what they were doing with that.

Adamski
31-05-2017, 09:20 PM

That was a wind up.

randomlegend
31-05-2017, 09:39 PM
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/870015845187043328

Noice.

Shindig
31-05-2017, 09:40 PM
Ryan Giggs managing Sunderland is going around the office. I mean, I can see it but I'd rather not.

Lewis
31-05-2017, 11:35 PM
What does that poor cunt Keylor Navas have to do for a bit of credit?

Jimmy Floyd
01-06-2017, 07:30 AM
Not be from Costa Rica with its crappy media market.

phonics
01-06-2017, 08:26 AM
Atletico have had their transfer ban upheld.

Weaver
01-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Is that a total ban on all transfer activity then, or just Atletico buying players?

Man Utd are going to have to pay the release clause to get Griezmann, IMO.

phonics
01-06-2017, 09:23 AM
Outs are allowed, ins are not.

SvN
01-06-2017, 09:37 AM
The release clause is probably about the right value anyway, to be fair.

Jimmy Floyd
01-06-2017, 09:39 AM
He's older than I thought, is Greaseman. Shame he ruins his film star looks with absolutely dire hair, as everyone in Spain seems to do.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-06-2017, 11:01 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40116737

Griezmann off?

randomlegend
01-06-2017, 11:02 AM
Yeah looks like it.

Lewis
01-06-2017, 11:14 AM
Nine months of Tweeting for nothing. Great.

randomlegend
01-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Ederson to City is done.

They aren't pissing about.

phonics
01-06-2017, 11:15 AM
'Cooling their interest'

lol. They got told to fuck off.

randomlegend
01-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Would guess Griezmann decided to stay once the transfer ban was upheld so as not to leave them screwed.

Spikey M
01-06-2017, 11:20 AM
Who would want Ozil that is better than Arsenal? Sanchez, sure, but Ozil is famed for his assists whilst only getting 9 for the season. That's the same as Wilfred 'no end product' Zaha. Assists is all he does, and he's not even doing that.

phonics
01-06-2017, 11:26 AM
I would like to announce I've cooled my interest in Scarlett Johannson and am now concentrating on other targets.

Kikó
01-06-2017, 11:28 AM
You're going to look a fool when it happens.

Spikey M
01-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Scarlett or Greizmann. Both are equally as likely.

Jimmy Floyd
01-06-2017, 11:34 AM
So-called assists rely on the other bloke finishing them.

Spikey M
01-06-2017, 11:36 AM
So-called assists rely on the other bloke finishing them.

You mean like Sanchez, with the third most goals?

phonics
01-06-2017, 11:42 AM
The people out to declare Ozil as rubbish are just idiots. It's not even worth the time to debate.

Spikey M
01-06-2017, 11:45 AM
What does he do then? Doesn't track back, doesn't score enough, assists one more than Matt Phillips. Yeah, he's a peach.

phonics
01-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Yeah, he's crap mate.

Spikey M
01-06-2017, 11:51 AM
Joint 6th. Also Joint 9th. And, yeah, I didn't say he was shit, I said nobody better than Arsenal would want him.

Disco
01-06-2017, 12:49 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40116737

Griezmann off?

I'm amazed you don't have a tragic wanky nickname for him, or is that only after he actually signs?

Spikey M
01-06-2017, 12:51 PM
I've heard him called Greiz Lightning. Is that wanky enough for you?