PDA

View Full Version : World Football - The Shit Leagues (Sponsored by Richie Towell)

Pages : [1] 2

Giggles
25-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Come back for the end of the Airtricity season Taz.

Giggles
25-09-2015, 02:30 PM
And, speaking of the champions-elect, this needs a place in this new thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-WNPNl-QF4

CJay
25-09-2015, 02:33 PM
Good timing, Giggles. If Harps beat UCD tonight we secure 2nd place and home advantage second for the playoff. My fiancée is over tonight but I'm hoping I can convince her to come too. :D

Giggles
25-09-2015, 02:36 PM
You should have waited to propose at it :nod:

CJay
25-09-2015, 03:13 PM
:lol:

I can just imagine the incomprehensible announcement on our decades old tannoy.

Giggles
25-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Piss poor turnout in Cork tonight. Maybe Rovers won't be the only club team telling RTÉ to ram it.

Giggles
25-09-2015, 09:29 PM
Quality

http://i57.tinypic.com/2ekoe45.jpg

CJay
25-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Nice, still an outside chance you can make the playoffs too. No fight left in UCD after tonight's battering. Not sure who I'd rather face.

Giggles
26-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Small chance. Early home form left a huge uphill battle though.

Giggles
02-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Cup semi final weekend :cool:

Jesus, Tony Cousins looks so old now.

Giggles
29-10-2015, 05:51 PM
http://m.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2015/1029/738316-towell-attracts-interest-from-bristol-rovers/

Should do OK at League Two level if he moves.

Giggles
08-11-2015, 06:40 PM
This Dundalk team must be the best that has been seen in the country. Be interesting to see what happens if 2 or 3 head over to England.

Giggles
28-02-2016, 11:46 PM
Back Friday night :cool:

Won't make the Cobh game as I'm going to David O'Doherty but heading up to Athlone the following week.

CJay
28-02-2016, 11:54 PM
We've got the big North West derby on Friday night, which is going to be awesome. I'm expecting the place to be packed out. We've added quite well to the squad, including former United U19 captain (I think) Ryan McConnell. As usual we're worried where the goals are going to come from, but solid defence is the route to success in this league, I reckon. We'll get pasted by the best sides, though.

So glad we're out of the First Divison. :D

Giggles
29-02-2016, 11:21 AM
We've got the big North West derby on Friday night, which is going to be awesome. I'm expecting the place to be packed out. We've added quite well to the squad, including former United U19 captain (I think) Ryan McConnell. As usual we're worried where the goals are going to come from, but solid defence is the route to success in this league, I reckon. We'll get pasted by the best sides, though.

So glad we're out of the First Divison. :D

You bastard :D Shels basically have a bunch of kids looking at the squad. Hopefully the few loans from Rovers pan out as they really need to get out of this mire.

Taz would be all over this lad like a rash though.

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/player/195/Sodiq_Oguntola

Giggles
05-03-2016, 10:36 AM
That went rather well CJay, did you go after?

CJay
05-03-2016, 12:23 PM
That went rather well CJay, did you go after?

It was a weird game. Derry were awful, First Division standard. We weren't much better, but were just stronger all across the pitch. So good to see the Derry fans leaving after we got the second with 15 minutes to go. :harold: Pitch wasn't great, the ball was hardly bouncing at all. We'll take the 3 points, though. Great start.

Dundalk will probably tear us apart at their place next week.

Giggles
05-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Shels carried on where they left off last season. Didn't make it as I was at a gig but I'm heading up to Athlone next weekend, get a better handle on what they're like.

CJay
05-03-2016, 12:36 PM
How many go up this season? Hard to look past UCD / Limerick / Drogheda.

Giggles
11-03-2016, 10:13 PM
Well that was worthwhile.

Giggles
15-03-2016, 03:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsCoKvd489o

Giggles
19-03-2016, 07:20 PM
West Ham considering buying share in Shamrock Rovers to use the club for work permit applications.

http://www.balls.ie/football/shamrock-rovers-financial-muscle-could-be-about-to-massively-increase/327918

CJay
20-03-2016, 01:03 AM
What's special about Ireland in terms of work permits? I thought Belgium was the place for that sort of thing.

Giggles
20-03-2016, 01:08 AM
What's special about Ireland in terms of work permits? I thought Belgium was the place for that sort of thing.

I'm not really sure of the advantages either.

Angelsaint
20-03-2016, 08:36 AM
Just came here to mention I will narrate brann return to tippeligaen and the story of 4th division team called valestrand hjellvik.

Soon on your screen!

Angelsaint
20-03-2016, 08:43 AM
Well, the first game of the season was last week and that cockblocker Erik huseklepp scored a good goal and brann made a good return

I do remind I have a hate/ love relationship with brann
https://youtu.be/9UlOcHLBttM

Giggles
15-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Something was needed anyway. I only vaguely remember him though.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/16317/shelbourne-make-shock-swoop-for-ex-international-stephen-elliott/

Giggles
15-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Jamie English :chief:

Giggles
15-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Was always on the cards in the streets and pubs, but this a bit of a reoccurrence.

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/video-ugly-scenes-shamrock-rovers-and-bohemians-fans-fight-on-pitch-at-dalymount/74675

CJay
15-04-2016, 10:24 PM
That's a bit mad. Who started it all?

Harps really do play some eye-bleeding stuff. :lol:

Giggles
15-04-2016, 10:43 PM
I'd say they need to, but eve at the top it's eye bleeding.

That one tonight was strange in the ground. I've witnessed a few outside but it's normally only there.

SincereTheRebel
02-05-2016, 09:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gupItBTvvfo

2:26 Ashley cole picks up two yellow cards inside 33 seconds. First card at the throw-in was for time wasting. Not sure how the referee figured that out when la galaxy are above sporting city kansas in the league

Samadini
02-05-2016, 09:49 AM
Great work by the cameraman after the second challenge.

SincereTheRebel
02-05-2016, 09:52 AM
Players putting their hands in the referees chest like that. Should be handing out red cards all over the place.

Pepe
02-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Lol at Giovani, the timewaster.

Baz
15-05-2016, 10:53 PM
Spoonsky Do you rate Cedrick Mabwati?

Spoonsky
22-05-2016, 06:06 AM
Yes.

Giggles
22-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Isle of Man team looking to join League of Ireland. Surely should be League of Wales or NI you'd think really.

http://www.the42.ie/isle-of-man-team-irish-connections-2780732-May2016/

Giggles
09-08-2016, 07:40 AM
Brian Kerr :cool:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/0809/807871-brian-kerr/

niko_cee
09-08-2016, 07:45 AM
Might see the thread sponsor get a game tonight.

Giggles
09-08-2016, 07:47 AM
Might see the thread sponsor get a game tonight.

Judging by the other midfielders in the squad, I can only imagine there's a raft of injuries or it's a league cup game.

He's done fairly balls since he's been there but in hindsight it was too big a step up really. Needed to go lower like Forrester.

niko_cee
09-08-2016, 07:52 AM
Yeah, League Cup.

Giggles
09-08-2016, 07:54 AM
Yeah, League Cup.

He should go back on loan for the Europa group stages.

Giggles
09-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Yeah, League Cup.

Didn't even make the bench I see. Definitely needs to suck it up and go back to dominating over here again. Or at least go down a division there.

GS
09-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Isle of Man team looking to join League of Ireland. Surely should be League of Wales or NI you'd think really.

http://www.the42.ie/isle-of-man-team-irish-connections-2780732-May2016/

This is an old post, but we'd be better amalgamating the entire non-English leagues into one league. The League of Ireland can get involved too, as can the Channel Isles. The concern would be costs for away matches for amateurs / semi-professionals, but at least you'd have some improvement in the level of competition.

Giggles
09-08-2016, 09:02 PM
This is an old post, but we'd be better amalgamating the entire non-English leagues into one league. The League of Ireland can get involved too, as can the Channel Isles. The concern would be costs for away matches for amateurs / semi-professionals, but at least you'd have some improvement in the level of competition.

I'd say the travel costs would make it too prohibitive. Only way it could he done would be to use a handful from each region and drop the rest to their respective national amateur levels.

GS
09-08-2016, 09:05 PM
It's a non-starter, given they'd all be terrified of UEFA / FIFA kicking off that they don't have their own national league.

niko_cee
09-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Didn't even make the bench I see. Definitely needs to suck it up and go back to dominating over here again. Or at least go down a division there.

I think he is injured.

phonics
09-08-2016, 09:13 PM

Get a sponsorship from RyanAir/AirLingus and it's a doddle, no?

GS
09-08-2016, 09:15 PM
Get a sponsorship from RyanAir/AirLingus and it's a doddle, no?

It's a non-starter, given they'd all be terrified of UEFA / FIFA kicking off that they don't have their own national league.

As above.

I went to an Irish League match where there were six away fans. You wouldn't have the demand.

Giggles
09-08-2016, 09:28 PM
Wouldn't even be any point in every attempting to join the League of Ireland and Irish League. Even games with the top sides would have fuck all interest so the bottom games would be a complete non starter.
Too many pointless suit jobs to be lost for it ever to be even close to an option anyway.

John
09-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Jordan Rossiter is going to be an absolute star. He's a proper little throwback, with his jet black boots, shirt tucked in, and shorts pulled up to his chest. I love him already.

Giggles
09-08-2016, 10:26 PM
Jordan Rossiter is going to be an absolute star. He's a proper little throwback, with his jet black boots, shirt tucked in, and shorts pulled up to his chest. I love him already.

I know the name, is he ex Liverpool?

John
09-08-2016, 10:35 PM
He is. Captained England at about six different levels of youth football too.

Pen
05-09-2016, 07:49 PM
This might be the most idiotic idea ever:

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/09/05/fourth-poorest-nation-sponsors-ligue-1-club

Surely it's just a way to launder money or something equally shady.

Giggles
05-10-2016, 05:10 PM
If Dundalk do win the league this season then it'll have to be their best yet. The October schedule is mental.

4th - Derry City
8th – Sligo
11th – Cork City
14th – Rovers
17th – Longford Town
20th – Zenit
23rd – Bohemians
25th – St. Pats
28th – Galway United

Giggles
30-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Pat Flynn's retirement statement was better than most, and a nice dig at Bohs too.

Today I retire.

So I thought….. i better do a statement. I’m going to name drop a bit so please forgive me.

I didn’t want to retire but the legs don’t move like they used to and when the slowest player in the league says to me “I’ll be your legs” I knew I had to call it a day…so thanks for that Mark Rossiter.

To Kiara…….My girlfriend in my Joeys days and now my wife as I finished in Longford. You were there for it all.Thanks for your patience, understanding and keeping my feet on the ground.

Leaving for work at 8am, going straight to training and getting home at 9pm was tough…so to my kids I apologise for missing so much and look forward to spending all my time with you. If you have my passion on the pitch and your Mam’s passion in the bedroom you will excel at whatever you choose.

Big thanks to my family who helped me so much over the years. Especially my Dad, you went out of your way so much to help me, I’ll never forget that.

To my friends who’ve been there since the start and supported me home and away, thank you.

To my aunties and uncles who looked after me when I was clubless in England, thank you.

To all the Coaches, Managers, Physio’s and Kitmen I’ve had, and the time you put in, thank you so much.

To all my teammates….thank you for your ability to adjust to playing with 10 men most weeks.

To the referees, I apologise for the tackles and my colourful language that led to them colourful cards. My wife would like to thank you for the hundreds of Euro’s in fines I had to pay because of you.

To the fans of Waterford thanks for making me a cult hero.

To the fans of Shels, it’s my biggest regret in my career that you got relegated when I played for you, it’s a huge club and shouldn’t be in that situation.

To the Pats fans, I got paid for doing what you do…..watching games from a bench every week. It wasn’t down to lack of trying, it was just Kenna and O’Brien were outstanding. I hope I repaid you with the Cup Final song I wrote for you.

To the Longford fans, I admire the handful of lads who follow the team everywhere they go. We had bad nights but some great ones too. It’s a great club. Thank you.

To everyone at Shamrock Rovers thank you. Friday nights and coming from my house you could see the floodlights. Pulling on the famous green and white and hearing the fans sing as you wait in the tunnel, then the teasing smell of burgers and chips as you wait for the whistle to blow. It’s what you dream of. I was just a fan that got lucky.

To the Fans of Bohs, I loved playing in Dalymount. I loved the abuse and I loved having Coke bottles hopped off my head. I didn’t like you, but I have to say I admired your passion too and I’ll miss it.

Football is the greatest game on earth and anyone who says otherwise is a lying Luther.

It gave me the chance to win All Irelands.

It gave me the chance to learn from my hero Denis Irwin everyday in training.

It gave me the chance to play in the same team as a man people say is the maddest man in football, Paul Gascoigne….this was true, until I met Boccer Bayly.

It gave me the chance to captain my country at youth level and blast out Amhrán na bhFiann.

It gave me the chance to meet the President of Ireland.

It gave me so many kicks in the balls, like relegations, injuries, missing Christmas’ and missing friends & family.

It gave me the chance to win leagues with superstars like Twigg, Bradley, Baker, Salmon and O’Sullivan.

It gave me the chance to have great friends like Stephen Rice and Pat Sullivan, classy on and off the pitch.

It gave me the chance to mark Cristiano Ronaldo from corners.

It gave me the chance to stand in a helpless wall when Del Piero stuck a free in top corner.

It gave me a chance to play against the leagues best…..Derek Pender, Glen Crowe, Jason Byrne, John O’Flynn and Christy Fagan.

It gave me the chance to play under great captains like Kenna and Murray.

It gave me a rivalry with Killian Brennan, a great player that wasn’t afraid to kick me back. I’ll miss that.

It gave me a chance to miss a peno in front of 30,000 people in Lansdowne Road.

It gave me the chance to have songs sung about me….some good, some bad.

It gave me the chance to play for all of Dublin’s big clubs.

Anyone that watches football will know I’m an average player but hard work and commitment was the reason I got all these chances.

If I can do it anyone can.

Never give up.

Thank you football.

Giggles
14-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Swindon Town's chairman has taken over Waterford United. They'll walk division one with 3 or 4 loans.

mo
15-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Swindon Town's chairman has taken over Waterford United. They'll walk division one with 3 or 4 loans.

We think he's doing a "budget Pozzo" so would expect to see youngsters loaned out for experience and maybe even some talent coming our way (following the somewhat troubled Jordan Stewart).

Pen
15-11-2016, 12:23 PM
Is Jordan Stewart that former (maybe United or Ipswich? prodigy who was supposed to be the next *Enter relevant midfielfer here*?

phonics
15-11-2016, 12:37 PM
Wasn't he that Scottish kid that played for Real Madrid?

Pen
15-11-2016, 12:40 PM
We're both wrong, but I now know I mixed him up with Marcus Stewart.

edit: No, he's age doesn't match so it must be the much more less inspiring Michael Stewart from United. No idea why I thought he was a prodigy of any sort. Must have come good for me in FM or something.

Giggles
15-11-2016, 12:42 PM
I got a Northern Irish fella when I googled it.

-james-
15-11-2016, 12:44 PM
Wasn't he that Scottish kid that played for Real Madrid?

That's Jack Harper, who's just about getting into Brighton's reserve side at the moment.

CJay
15-11-2016, 06:59 PM
We're both wrong, but I now know I mixed him up with Marcus Stewart.

edit: No, he's age doesn't match so it must be the much more less inspiring Michael Stewart from United. No idea why I thought he was a prodigy of any sort. Must have come good for me in FM or something.

Jordan Stewart was a young midfielder for Leicester around the CM 01/02 era, but he wasn't hyped as far as I can remember.

Pen
15-11-2016, 07:44 PM
Jordan Stewart was a young midfielder for Leicester around the CM 01/02 era, but he wasn't hyped as far as I can remember.

Could be him too I guess, but I'm leaning towards mixing what actually happened with some shit manager game I had back then (might have been Premier league manager or something).

John Arne
15-11-2016, 07:53 PM
This thread reminds me of John Bostock.

mo
15-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Jordan Stewart is a Northern Irish lad.

Giggles
16-12-2016, 07:57 AM
Next time you think your FA is incompetent, spare us a thought.

https://www.balls.ie/football/irish-journalists-react-disbelief-extraordinary-loi-branding-report/354551

Jimmy Floyd
16-12-2016, 08:41 AM
Proposals included.

LOI scores displayed on bus stops
Hollywood walk of fame containing the faces of ex-greats decorating the pathway up to the ground
Painting the bus stops near the ground in the club colours
Regional Heritage incorporated into the club brand - illustrated with the example of Sligo Rovers harnessing the power of WB Yeats (slouching towards the Showgrounds penalty box to score?)
Games with MLS sides to promote among US audiences
Half-time EA Sports tournaments broadcast on (which?) giant screens

:D

John
16-12-2016, 08:58 AM
Some of that must be parody. There is, for instance, not a fucking chance that such a presentation included a well paid man having an imaginary phone conversation with 'Joe's Pork Sausages'.

Giggles
16-12-2016, 09:50 AM
I wish it had all been one big comedy routine.

Jimmy Floyd
16-12-2016, 09:57 AM
In all seriousness, however Dr Nick that bloke may seem, the people doing the same consultancy for the 'top' leagues are probably not much less idiotic, but probably paid 50 to 100 times as much. Marketing is all one big bullshit merry-go-round.

John
16-12-2016, 10:11 AM
'Confidential transparency'. I mean, for fuck sake.

Giggles
16-12-2016, 06:49 PM
In all seriousness, however Dr Nick that bloke may seem, the people doing the same consultancy for the 'top' leagues are probably not much less idiotic, but probably paid 50 to 100 times as much. Marketing is all one big bullshit merry-go-round.

Got knows how much this lad cost over all, they had him working this for 12 fucking weeks. Easily more than the league champions would have got in prize money anyway.

niko_cee
16-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Pavel's really let himself go, by the looks of things.

Giggles
20-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Season kicks off on Friday here. The FAI have basically shat on the first division by announcing they're going from 12-8 to10-10 next season so it'll be 3 down, 1 up with no playoff. I'd expect most of the clubs out of the promotion running (Waterford have cash so should run away with things) to get rid of a lot of the part time players by mid season and go with U19's. I'll pop along to the first few Shels games and suss things out but the fan groups are still standing by the planned boycott over the stadium move so attendances could be down to double figures.

Up top there's been a good bit of turnover at Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers and Bray have spent a fair bit so, along with Cork City, there should be a decent title race coming anyway.

Giggles
19-03-2017, 10:02 PM
Bit of a shitter.

http://www.derryjournal.com/news/derry-city-in-shock-after-sudden-death-of-captain-ryan-mcbride-1-7873265

Shindig
19-03-2017, 11:19 PM
Oof. No age to go. I hope it wasn't something suspicious or suicide.

Giggles
27-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Well.

http://braywanderersfc.ie/bray-wanderers-fc-statement/

Jimmy Floyd
27-07-2017, 12:04 PM
Why does football attract so many Walter Mitty lunatics?

Giggles
27-07-2017, 12:07 PM
This guy has shown a few brief glimpses of his madness in the past but this is new levels.

Giggles
28-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Why does football attract so many Walter Mitty lunatics?

They went even madder today with a follow up.

https://www.balls.ie/football/bray-wanderers-second-statement-370240

Weaver
05-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Freeview have added a new channel, Free Sports, and they are going to be showing some 'other' leagues which tend not to be on other channels - it's kicking off with Sporting Lisbon vs Fierense at 7pm and then Benfica vs someone at 9pm on Friday night.

Tenerife vs Granada (Sunday, midday) and Standard Leige vs Charleroi (Sunday, 5pm) are also on this weekend, but they're going to be showing some Irish League and I think I read South American stuff as well.

Jimmy Floyd
05-09-2017, 07:43 PM
Spanish segunda is quality if you like fucking slow, goalless football. Very much like Serie B in the good old days when, similarly, Serie A was the best league.

South American league football is only marginally preferable to open heart surgery without anaesthetic.

Giggles
07-09-2017, 08:28 PM
Couple of fixing bans.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/0907/902965-athlone-players-banned-for-a-year-by-fai/

Giggles
17-10-2017, 08:58 PM
Cork City finally limped over the line to claim the title tonight. Every single medal should be shipped over to Preston to Sean Maguire, they've been horrendous since he left.

Shindig
17-10-2017, 09:08 PM
So I take it that wasn't their ground that folded in the wind over the weekend?

Giggles
17-10-2017, 09:14 PM
So I take it that wasn't their ground that folded in the wind over the weekend?

It was indeed. It was supposed to be last night but they postponed it til tonight. The bits of roof were pulled away this morning.

Shindig
17-10-2017, 09:17 PM
Decent turnaround. Wonder how much a bill for that sets back a club like Cork?

Giggles
17-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Decent turnaround. Wonder how much a bill for that sets back a club like Cork?

It would hit any club hard here. Even Derry City we're going mad about the loss of money because they'd travelled to Cork on Sunday and it wasn't postponed until they were already down.

They won't exactly be rolling in it from the league win either, I think the prize money is less than €200,000.

Shindig
17-10-2017, 09:37 PM
It must be a little soul destroying to know that, unless you're lucky to sneak a European group stage, your balance sheets are always going to be tight.

Giggles
18-01-2018, 10:02 PM
Dundalk sale to a US investment group confirmed. This will only end in tears.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0118/934377-dundalk-fc-sold-to-us-based-consortium/

Giggles
29-01-2018, 01:19 PM
Doubt it gets more than ten extra people to show up but nicely done all the same.

Giggles
06-02-2018, 09:18 PM
Do you know what way this works these days Boydy?

Like if the league ended today, could Ballymena win the playoffs and the title from 6th?

http://i65.tinypic.com/o8bh41.png

Boydy
08-02-2018, 11:36 PM
Not entirely sure. I think it's just a split type thing rather than a proper play-off. So the points still count, it's not the top 6 in a knock-out or anything.

John Arne
02-03-2018, 11:09 AM
Ho Chi Minh City FC Season Ticket prices announced.

400,000 for my usual spot. That works out at $1.36 per game :drool:

Giggles
02-03-2018, 11:13 AM
Serious value.

Between being in England working and the snow, I haven't had a chance to use mine yet.

John Arne
02-03-2018, 11:28 AM
Serious value.

Between being in England working and the snow, I haven't had a chance to use mine yet.

Yeah, being so cheap to watch football here kinda makes a season ticket redundant.

-james-
02-03-2018, 01:13 PM
First day of the Chinese Super League today. Guangzhou derby to kick things off and it's the best match I've watched all season. Currently 5-4 to R&F with ten to go.

Giggles
02-03-2018, 01:15 PM
First day of the Chinese Super League today. Guangzhou derby to kick things off and it's the best match I've watched all season. Currently 5-4 to R&F with ten to go.

It's been brilliant stuff.

Giggles
05-03-2018, 11:42 AM
:cool:

phonics
05-03-2018, 02:05 PM
Speaking of the Indian Super League, Berbatov is getting along well with his new manager, David James, it seems.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXcIOz1W4AUr5La.jpg:large

Giggles
09-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Finally getting to a game tonight, the Londonderry element are visiting Tallaght. Should be a decent enough game, very little between them.

John
09-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Have they taken on American naming systems over there then?

Giggles
09-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Element meaning northy scummers.

Giggles
09-03-2018, 08:25 PM
Got a call at 3pm and had to run to a job. Only home so I cunting missed it and Dundalk Cork isn't on telly either.

Giggles
11-04-2018, 09:22 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this will never happen. A stadium on top of a shopping center is a nice idea for a bit of publicity though.

https://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=7783

SincereTheRebel
11-04-2018, 10:41 AM
That's a cool idea.

Baz
11-04-2018, 11:57 AM
Like a pound shop version of Monaco’s stadium.

Giggles
27-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Classy.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0527/966383-waterford-boss-reynolds-victim-of-vicious-assault/

Baz
27-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Your man Richie Towell got promoted today.

Giggles
27-05-2018, 06:13 PM
Your man Richie Towell got promoted today.

Hopefully he ends up back here now his loan is over.

Adamski
27-05-2018, 06:38 PM
Do they show a lot of Irish league games on TV over there Giggles?

Giggles
27-05-2018, 07:07 PM
RTÉ show about 8 and Eir Sport do likewise. They're few and far between once the GAA championships start though.

Giggles
02-06-2018, 08:13 AM
Was expecting this to be Bray or Athlone but things are seemingly a mess there. Fingers crossed it opens up two promotion places if they go under.

SincereTheRebel
02-06-2018, 08:36 PM
Savage tackle from last nights game

Giggles
02-06-2018, 10:19 PM
How he didn't walk for that is unreal.

niko_cee
03-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Why are there two different replays in that clip?

Giggles
03-06-2018, 07:21 PM
Why are there two different replays in that clip?

No idea, caught me out first watching it live as why Lopes was booked and not Care. It's the first one in the clip is the really bad one though.

niko_cee
03-06-2018, 08:16 PM
Yeah, that one's a bit of a shocker.

SincereTheRebel
03-06-2018, 08:18 PM
I hope that is like the normal type of tackle in Ireland

Giggles
03-06-2018, 08:21 PM
It is. Just not in soccer.

Baz
08-06-2018, 03:54 PM
https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/XwLVMn/kingsley-sarfo-doms-till-fangelse-for-valdtakt-mot-barn

Second malmö ff player in 5 years convicted of having sex with minor (this time the sentencing was child rape). The team still hasn't issued a statement.

I’ve never trusted Trancemeister

Giggles
08-06-2018, 04:31 PM
Galway United have called an EGM to see if they'll be sold to some Saudi group.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0608/969099-exclusive-galway-united-on-verge-of-saudi-takeover/

And Cork City have signed Damien Delaney who should be a help for the early European rounds.
(And I still don't know why Roma love him so much).

Giggles
08-06-2018, 06:42 PM
Stories emerging now that Delaney saved the kid of a Roma director from a serious accident in a hotel earlier this year apparently. Makes more sense now if that's the case.

SincereTheRebel
17-06-2018, 10:47 AM
Palermo lost in the serie B playoff last night. It didnt help that the Frosinone substitutes were throwing balls onto the field during play in an attempt to stop Palermo attacks.

https://youtu.be/93yUw7c5TYM

bruhnaldo
19-06-2018, 01:38 PM
So we fired our manager and there's rumors that Scolari might take over (lol). The long story of it is that Kaka will come on as Technical Director, learn under Scolari, then take over as manager in 2019. (these are again wild rumors).

My friends are basically "oh that'll be perfect blah blah blah" and I'm asking them based on what? Kaka has no experience in that role whatsoever. He has no front office experience to speak of at all. Why would he be good, ya know, as opposed to an experienced technical director not only in football in general but specifically to MLS?

Well he was world player of the year so clearly he knows how to spot talent!

Why? Why does winning balon d'or make you a perfect person to spot talent not just in general but for the MLS. Why are we in such a rush to let Kaka learn on the job? Is this not meant to be a proper football club? Don't we care about actually winning and competing?

And when I bring these things up they say "it's logic bro!". Man what? Then someone said something about Cantona being our new manager as a joke and I said Cantona, another world class player, was technical director for NY Cosmos and got fired 4 years on the job, not elevating their club even in the least bit (and they're basically insolvent now).

OH well the owner of their club was crazy and blah blah blah. Ok.

bruhnaldo
19-06-2018, 01:38 PM
I just needed a place to whine about it don't mind me.

Giggles
19-06-2018, 02:25 PM
What club?

John
19-06-2018, 02:28 PM
Orlando City.

Giggles
19-06-2018, 02:32 PM
Shit yeah, I actually knew that. Kaka could be class, you'd never know, but I'd tend to be thinking along the lines of Bruh with that one.

phonics
19-06-2018, 02:42 PM
Meanwhile, Martin Allen is still doing Chesterfields press statements.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgAd4xJWsAMBx-h.jpg:large

bruhnaldo
19-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Giggles - Kaka very well could be awesome. I totally see how it COULD work out. But when I'm asking them why being a world class player at some point means you're perfect to be a technical director they just keep spouting how it's "LOGIC!" and ignoring all of my concerns.

Nevermind our current technical director went and checked every box required last off-season and we were hailed by many publications as having the best off-season out of any MLS club in terms of filling team needs.

It's just so annoying. They're star fuckers.

Giggles
29-06-2018, 05:16 PM
Mid season break finished tonight :cool:

bruhnaldo
29-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Apparently James O'Connor, formerly of Stoke, Burnley, and Sheffield Wednesday, will be the new manager at Orlando City.

He played for us some when we were in 2nd division (USL)and won the league last season as a manager of another side.

Thought maybe you guys had heard of him.

Giggles
29-06-2018, 05:25 PM
He's apparently from here but I never heard of him before.

neo_hippy
30-06-2018, 05:32 PM
Apparently James O'Connor, formerly of Stoke, Burnley, and Sheffield Wednesday, will be the new manager at Orlando City.

He played for us some when we were in 2nd division (USL)and won the league last season as a manager of another side.

Thought maybe you guys had heard of him.

Along with Darren 'the crab' Potter. He was part of the worst Sheffield wed midfield I've ever watched. Worked damn hard but a distinct lack of quality bless him.

Giggles
03-07-2018, 10:19 PM
:D What a useless club.

Giggles
13-07-2018, 02:58 PM
Fucking shambles yet again as Bray's players have gone on strike and looks like Limerick will follow suit in the next week. Probably going to have 8 teams finishing the Premier Division this season and expunged results messing up the top of the table.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0713/978505-players-body-say-fai-lack-energy-to-solve-bray-crisis/

Giggles
25-07-2018, 09:47 PM
More top work from the FAI.

http://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/statement-on-sse-airtricity-league-fund

The Board of the Football Association of Ireland has agreed to the creation of a proposed fund worth €300,000 (split equally between the FAI and the PFAI) to assist SSE Airtricity League clubs who are experiencing difficulty in meeting contractual obligations to professional players.

http://www.pfai.ie/news/pfa-ireland-statement

The PFA Ireland (PFAI) has this evening been made aware of a proposal by the FAI to provide a fund to assist players in contractual difficulty. The PFAI welcomes the concept of this fund and believes it will assist greatly in alleviating the sort of issues that have bedevilled the league in the last few weeks.

However, we are astounded that the FAI have seen fit to announce a proposal which involves the players association funding half of it without having any discussion on the issue beforehand. The PFAI have been seeking a meeting with John Delaney for over a year now to discuss matters of importance to the domestic game but he has refused to meet with us. We have had no meeting of any substance with any senior member of FAI management since the women's international team dispute in April 2017.

bruhnaldo
13-08-2018, 12:25 AM
Orlando City are playing Wayne Rooney's DC United at the moment if anyone is awake and can't sleep.

Giggles
14-08-2018, 05:56 AM
Orlando City are playing Wayne Rooney's DC United at the moment if anyone is awake and can't sleep.

Shit league or not, that's good stuff from Rooney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTRaWK6U2H0

Jimmy Floyd
14-08-2018, 09:30 PM
Here's my question. Why is the keeper up for the corner at 2-2?

Giggles
14-08-2018, 09:39 PM
God knows. Do they do draws in the MLS?

mugbull
14-08-2018, 11:29 PM
Probably since there’s no relegation and DC were like a dozen points off a playoff spot in last place, so might as well go for it

Spoonsky
15-08-2018, 03:56 AM
bruhnaldo I didn’t realize Kreis had been fired (months ago now). Thoughts on his stint as a whole? I loved him at RSL but it seems like things have gone tits up since.

bruhnaldo
15-08-2018, 01:08 PM
First I'd like to say how excruciatingly painful my life is as an Orlando City fan. I mean look at that fucking clip. All this dipshit Will Johnson has to do is dump it into any of the available space. We would've walked it the fuck in, won, collected 3 points down a man, and it could've spurned on the rest of the season.

Instead, he sees Wayne Rooney, freezes the fuck up, gets dispossessed like a bitch, and Rooney pings one of his generally useless cross field diagonals to an (OFFSIDE!!) streaking player and wins at the fucking death.

These are things that only happen in FIFA. I hate everything.

bruhnaldo I didn’t realize Kreis had been fired (months ago now). Thoughts on his stint as a whole? I loved him at RSL but it seems like things have gone tits up since.

Anyhow, Kreis I felt was hard done by the front office. We finally bring in a good bit of "talent" but our only (useful) striker (Dom Dwyer) is hurt the first 3 games of the year.... so on and so forth, we keep getting hit with the injury bug, at no point was Kreis able to field our "best XI" because of different shit going on... and they shitcan him mid-season.

Personally, I really thought he deserved to at least finish out the season. One of our "marquee" signings, Justin Meram, basically gave up on the team entirely when he was supposed to be a main cog of our attack. He runs to the local media and starts crying because some 14 year olds called him a cancer patient on twitter, says that maybe the supporters hate him because he's Iraqi (which again, 14 year old "football twitter" shit merchants), and all of this other shit. We end up having to ship him back where we got him at a loss of 250k (1/4th of the original fee).

So no, I don't think Kreis got a fair shake. I think our front office is beyond incapable and will be the detriment of this club for many years to come. Regardless, my job is to go into the terraces and sing for 90 minutes and try to push the lads on. Hopefully that'll pay off one day but it's starting to seem more and more like we'll be a club mired in mediocrity.

I can only hope that the people in our supporter groups that contribute the most to the atmosphere remain steadfast and don't fall off like other Orlando/Florida area teams do when their teams aren't winning.

Sorry for the rant.

Jimmy Floyd
15-08-2018, 03:45 PM
You could always move to Tampa.

bruhnaldo
15-08-2018, 05:38 PM
i'll bash ya head in i swear on me mum fookin rowdie scum

mugbull
15-08-2018, 05:55 PM
You missed the horrendous goalkeeping

Giggles
11-09-2018, 05:05 PM
A sentence I never thought I'd write is that Bohemians are at home to Sutton United in the next round of the Scottish Challenge Cup.

Jimmy Floyd
11-09-2018, 05:14 PM
What do the Scots benefit from inviting English non-league sides to embarrass their teams?

Giggles
11-09-2018, 05:21 PM
What do the Scots benefit from inviting English non-league sides to embarrass their teams?

There's under 21 teams in it and all. NI teams too. It's a mad setup altogether.

Giggles
21-09-2018, 05:27 PM
I know they haven't been great lately but Cork at 13/5 at home to Dundalk tonight is very good odds.

Giggles
21-09-2018, 06:20 PM
Maybe not.

Giggles
04-10-2018, 11:07 AM
He's in :cool:

Giggles
29-10-2018, 06:19 PM
That note on the end. Delaney is such a slimy little toad.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2dre1w2.jpg

John
09-11-2018, 06:09 PM
Next time you think your FA is incompetent, spare us a thought.

https://www.balls.ie/football/irish-journalists-react-disbelief-extraordinary-loi-branding-report/354551

Was just reminded of this while talking to a mate about the Spurs ground advertising fiasco, and it's every bit as funny now as it was two years ago.

Giggles
09-11-2018, 06:43 PM
For an association that prides itself on shit shows, that was right up there.

phonics
09-11-2018, 06:43 PM
I’d missed this. The world would improve a good 50% if you murdered the entire consultant class and anyone who thought they were useful. Their job is to be literally disconnected from the people they’re supposed to talk on the behalf of in favour of what a few hundred/thousand strangers say in a survey instead so they can claim impartiality.

Disco
09-11-2018, 06:51 PM
I like how he seems to think the idea of marketing and psychology is a new one. That's all marketing has ever been.

phonics
09-11-2018, 08:08 PM
I like how he seems to think the idea of marketing and psychology is a new one. That's all marketing has ever been.

I just typed ‘define: marketing’ into google to see what came up and got given hundreds of thousands of results of people lying to themselves.

This is the first line from Wikipedia ffs:

“Marketing is the study and management of exchange relationships.”

Disco
09-11-2018, 08:15 PM
They have good PR.

John
10-11-2018, 12:13 AM
I'd give up a month's salary to have been in the room when the consultant bloke embarked upon a mock phone call and uttered the words 'Joe's Pork Sausages'. I'd have burst.

Giggles
11-11-2018, 01:23 PM
Christ.

Giggles
05-01-2019, 06:33 PM
That's a fucking savage signing :drool:

bruhnaldo
08-01-2019, 09:05 PM
Our schedule came out! You guYs should come across and hang out for a match :cool:

Giggles
04-02-2019, 08:26 PM
Bit of an odd one.

Spikey M
04-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Get a boat mate.

Spikey M
04-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Not a rowing boat.

Mazuuurk
04-02-2019, 08:31 PM
He should really consider taking the long way around with the train.

Mazuuurk
04-02-2019, 08:31 PM
Fuck of Spikes get a rowing boat mate.

Spikey M
04-02-2019, 08:33 PM
The only safe way is to play for them via Skype at this point.

Giggles
04-02-2019, 08:33 PM
He should really consider taking the long way around with the train.

I'd almost guarantee his watery demise if he tried to get a train over.

Giggles
12-02-2019, 07:48 PM
At the league launch today, the FAI announce a 2 leg playoff tie between our winners and the NI winners at the end of the season. Then comes the IFA response :face:

Shindig
12-02-2019, 08:10 PM
Getting ahead of themselves. Nice.

Giggles
14-02-2019, 10:14 PM
:drool:

Shindig
14-02-2019, 10:58 PM
No smiles but realistic expectations.

Boydy
15-02-2019, 12:15 AM
At the league launch today, the FAI announce a 2 leg playoff tie between our winners and the NI winners at the end of the season. Then comes the IFA response :face:

Remember the Setanta Cup (I think that's what it was called)? It was a nice idea.

Giggles
15-02-2019, 08:11 AM
Remember the Setanta Cup (I think that's what it was called)? It was a nice idea.

Yeah it was brilliant during the early days and got great crowds out. Us switching to a summer season was the start of the death though.

Never seen Tolka as full since

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNWypZHonRE

Giggles
15-02-2019, 07:06 PM

https://www.the42.ie/john-osullivan-league-of-ireland-the42-4495626-Feb2019/

Giggles
15-02-2019, 08:38 PM
Half time:

Bohs1:0 Finn Harps
Derry City 1:0 UCD
Dundalk 0:1 Sligo
Pats 1:0 Cork City
Waterford 1:0 Rovers

Giggles
15-02-2019, 09:47 PM
Full time:

Bohs1:0 Finn Harps
Derry City 3:0 UCD
Dundalk 1:1 Sligo
Pats 1:0 Cork City
Waterford 1:2 Rovers

Baz
16-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Some Northern Irish cup game (presumably the final?) is on sky sports later.

Giggles
16-02-2019, 09:27 AM
Some Northern Irish cup game (presumably the final?) is on sky sports later.

Their league cup final is on today.

bruhnaldo
17-02-2019, 02:03 PM
First night back on the terraces last night for us in Orlando. Nani is coming which is cool. How he gets on will be another story but him having contributed toward 11 goals in the Portuguese league in 18 appearances (7G,4A) is pretty reassuring given Bradley Wright Phillips, not even the good Wright Phillips, banged in 20 goals last year at a similar age.

Pen
17-02-2019, 08:24 PM
AS Cuneo beat Piacenza 20-0 earlier today.

https://www.google.fi/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/760241/Cuneo-Pro-Piacenza-Serie-C-Italy-Football-News-Rumours-Gossip/amp

bruhnaldo
18-02-2019, 05:07 PM

:drool:

Giggles
02-03-2019, 02:40 PM
That went well...

Giggles
11-03-2019, 06:09 PM
Big day.

bruhnaldo
12-03-2019, 07:37 PM
We've signed some CB from AIK named Robin Jansson who apparently is the Swedish version of Chris "Mike" Smalling and was playing 3rd division a few years ago, got signed by AIK, and then scored the "title winning" header for AIK to win the Swedish league in 2018.

We certainly need the help so that's exciting. Also got his first call up to Sweden in January :drool:

Giggles
24-03-2019, 11:00 AM
Getting €36,000 a year to rent houses for you is quite a feat when your salary is €360,000 a year. Though in fairness, who wouldn't take the same in the same position?

bruhnaldo
24-03-2019, 12:51 PM
Guys we won an away match for the first time in 11 months.

Literally the first away win since a bunch of us went to Denver in April of last year lmao

Giggles
30-03-2019, 09:41 AM

Jimmy Floyd
30-03-2019, 02:17 PM
Football administration seems to attract a real low class of sponger. Loads of money sloshing about and zero accountability - it's a sport run by and for crooks.

Baz
09-04-2019, 08:16 PM

:lol:

Giggles
09-04-2019, 08:24 PM
That's some quality work.

bruhnaldo
09-04-2019, 09:02 PM
Last Saturday Nani finally scored! :drool:

We went down 1:0, came back to take lead at 1:2, went down 3:2 in second half, then won 4:3 at FT.

Giggles
10-04-2019, 12:41 PM
Squirming like the snakes they are :drool:

Giggles
13-04-2019, 05:51 PM
Banners aren't allowed now.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0413/1042416-td-thrown-out-of-cork-city-match-at-protest-against-fai/

Giggles
01-05-2019, 01:31 PM
Possibility floating around now that Lisa Fallon might get the vacant Cork City managers job. Couldn't see it but it would bring publicity.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/04/cork-city-lisa-fallon-interview-coaching-ireland-football

bruhnaldo
01-05-2019, 02:19 PM
Our beautiful "soccer-specific" stadium is going to be desecrated by mediocre, meaningless college football and I'm SAD.

EDIT:
https://curebowl.com/the-orlando-sports-foundation-announces-cure-bowl-moving-to-orlando-city-stadium/

Giggles
01-05-2019, 02:28 PM
Our beautiful "soccer-specific" stadium is going to be desecrated by mediocre, meaningless college football and I'm SAD.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college-gridiron-365/os-sp-cure-bowl-20190430-story.html

Why would their website not be available in the EU?

bruhnaldo
01-05-2019, 02:37 PM
https://curebowl.com/the-orlando-sports-foundation-announces-cure-bowl-moving-to-orlando-city-stadium/

May 1, 2019 – ORLANDO, FL – The Orlando Sports Foundation announced at a press conference Wednesday that the 2009 Cure Bowl will be played at Orlando City Stadium.

The Cure Bowl will be the first non-soccer sporting event to take place at Orlando City Stadium, since its opening in March 2017. Kickoff for the fifth-annual Cure Bowl will be December 21, 2019 at 2:30 p.m. on CBS Sports Network.

“We are excited about the Orlando Sports Foundation’s partnership with Orlando City Stadium and the unique atmosphere that will be created for the Cure Bowl,” CEO of the Orlando Sports Foundation and Executive Director of the Cure Bowl Alan Gooch stated. “I can’t wait to see a college football game in Orlando City Stadium. We believe all fans will have a great experience and this will help us to continue our mission of bringing teams together to find a cure for cancer.”

Orlando City Stadium located in the heart downtown Orlando is home to the Orlando City Soccer Club of Major League Soccer (MLS) and Orlando Pride of the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL). The state-of-the-art venue is within walking distance of the historic Church Street Entertainment District.

“We are very excited to welcome the Cure Bowl to Orlando City Stadium as the first non-soccer sporting event to be hosted in our beautiful venue,” Orlando City SC Chief Revenue Officer Chris Gallagher said. “Through flagship events like the Cure Bowl, the Orlando Sports Foundation works tirelessly to raise funds for cancer research, and we are happy to do what we can to support such a meaningful initiative. We can’t wait to see a new kind of football on our pitch this December.”

In its first four years, the Cure Bowl has been used as a platform to raise $3.6 million for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). The Orlando community has benefited from the funds generated at the game with local BCRF researcher Dr. Annette Khaled at the UCF College of Medicine receiving over $1.1 million of the funds distributed.

“The move allows us to add a gameday block party which will start at Church Street and conclude with a March 2 Cure to Orlando City Stadium,” Gooch added. “These events will help drive revenue to Downtown Orlando business owners, while enhancing the experience of Cure Bowl attendees on gameday.”

The March 2 Cure will be a free, pre-game event featuring music, entertainment and activities for all to enjoy. The event will culminate with an organized walk from the Church Street Entertainment District to the game at Orlando City Stadium. Each team playing in the Cure Bowl will have their band participate in the march alongside fans, cancer survivors and supporters decked out in pink gear.

The Orlando Sports Foundation will host an open house on May 8 from 5-7 p.m. at Orlando City Stadium to celebrate our new home. This community event will allow Orlando Sports Foundation members, fans and the general public to tour the facility, pose for photos and view seat options for the Cure Bowl on Saturday, December 21.

The Cure Bowl features a matchup between teams from the American Athletic Conference and Sun Belt Conference. There is also a secondary tie-in with independent Liberty University. The annual postseason college bowl game was played the previous four seasons at Camping World Stadium.

tl;dr: blah blah blah football.

Giggles
24-05-2019, 07:34 PM
I just came in and put on Bohs and Sligo and there's 18 minutes of injury time at the end of the first half.

Giggles
31-05-2019, 04:47 PM
Mr Towell of thread title fame has fallen another two divisions and rocked up with Salford City.

bruhnaldo
04-06-2019, 08:53 PM
I know fuckall about towell but the seethe in these comments is :drool:

https://www.balls.ie/football/richie-towell-salford-411513

Giggles
04-06-2019, 08:56 PM
I know fuckall about towell but the seethe in these comments is :drool:

https://www.balls.ie/football/richie-towell-salford-411513

You'd swear they just signed Ronaldo. The jealousy from fans when a team has a bit of money is :drool: indeed.

I seen after that they're apparently paying Towell £4k a week and Adam Rooney is on more.

Shindig
05-06-2019, 06:15 AM
There's a lovely bitterness at non-league level.

niko_cee
05-06-2019, 05:32 PM
Yeah, the reactions there are mental. Maybe he thinks that team is going somewhere and wants the chance to go up a few divisions with them whilst being paid well enough for the privilege. THE HORROR!

It's not like he's signed for an actual non-league/semi-pro team.

Baz
05-06-2019, 05:45 PM
Top foresight by Giggles though, naming the thread after him.

Giggles
15-06-2019, 07:47 AM
All soccer players should be as honest instead of the usual fannying about.

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1055469/

Giggles
21-06-2019, 04:56 AM
This bullshit rearing its head again. I wouldn't watch another minute of soccer in this country if this happened.

Giggles
22-06-2019, 11:36 AM
Bohemians are going to play in the Scottish Challenge Cup again this season.

Giggles
26-06-2019, 06:49 AM
"Passport Issues"

I think this is one of the times where you can add 2 and 2 and get 4.

SincereTheRebel
26-06-2019, 12:42 PM
Fuck

Giggles
29-06-2019, 01:06 PM

Giggles
21-07-2019, 06:51 PM

Giggles
29-09-2019, 06:41 AM
Ding dong.

(Nothing will change).

Giggles
09-10-2019, 05:51 PM
Fucking idiots.

bruhnaldo
09-10-2019, 08:02 PM
Orlando City fired their manager if any of you lads wants to come give us a hand.

Shindig
09-10-2019, 08:49 PM
No can do. I'm holding out for the Sunderland job.

Giggles
10-10-2019, 06:31 AM
Phil Neville's young lad is in our U19's.

https://punditarena.com/football/oisinmcqueirns2758/harvey-neville-ireland/

Baz
10-10-2019, 07:04 AM
Phil Neville's young lad is in our U19's.

https://punditarena.com/football/oisinmcqueirns2758/harvey-neville-ireland/Why is he listed as a midfielder when he’s earlier described as a right-back?

Giggles
10-10-2019, 07:26 AM
Why is he listed as a midfielder when he’s earlier described as a right-back?

A lot of kids that age probably have multiple positions. I can't see why they're wasting any time on him though.

bruhnaldo
13-10-2019, 05:51 PM
No can do. I'm holding out for the Sunderland job.

Ironically Chris Coleman's wife has been replying to a bunch of Orlando City stuff recently, including the announcement of a new location for our B team to play as well as replying to a few "insider" (said with the loosest terms) accounts listing random manager names that could potentially be in the running by saying things like "are you sure that's all?!"

Soooo...

Giggles
13-10-2019, 05:53 PM
What’s he at now anyway? He’s had some fall in a short time.

bruhnaldo
13-10-2019, 05:56 PM
He was recently with some Chinese team but apparently without a job at the moment.

It would be PEAK Orlando City to hire a guy "some people have heard of" based off the back of a glimmer of international success and a Netflix documentary.

Giggles
13-10-2019, 05:57 PM
Is he in that Sunderland one?

bruhnaldo
13-10-2019, 06:35 PM
Yea for like the entire bit if i recall lol

Shindig
13-10-2019, 06:37 PM
Aye, he's in the first season.

bruhnaldo
13-10-2019, 06:39 PM
Are they doing a second?

Shindig
13-10-2019, 06:53 PM
I'm sure one was greenlit for this season.

Giggles
19-10-2019, 07:31 PM
Bowez.

Pepe
19-10-2019, 10:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WYR4SxU1lo

Lol.

bruhnaldo
20-10-2019, 03:03 PM
Good for them.

Baz
21-10-2019, 06:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WYR4SxU1lo

Lol.

What’s going on there?

niko_cee
21-10-2019, 08:46 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50112266

Mexican side Tigres scored two goals as the players from opposing side Veracruz went on strike during the opening minutes of their league game.

Veracruz were protesting over unpaid wages and stood by as Tigres went 2-0 up, before going on to win 3-1.

"They knew that we were going to stay still for three minutes, it's sad," said Veracruz defender Carlos Salcido.

But Tigres' Guido Pizarro said: "They told us they were going to stop just for a minute and then it was three."

He added: "We said we [Tigres] would only stay still for a minute."

Veracruz are bottom of the table without a win in 13 games and their players sarcastically applauded their Tigres counterparts at the end of the game.

Tigres are third, three points off the lead.

Pepe
21-10-2019, 10:25 AM
They haven't been paid for like six months.

Giggles
21-10-2019, 10:29 AM
Shouldn't have been anywhere near the stadium at all then.

Pepe
21-10-2019, 10:36 AM
I agree. I think the issue is that they wouldn't be able to sign with anyone this time of the year, and they wouldn't be playing, which leaves them in a shit situation. Shitter than the current one? I don't know.

John Arne
21-10-2019, 10:37 AM
I kinda see the argument for both sides. On one hand, yeah show solidarity for fellow pros not being paid. On the other hand, Tigres players have been paid so why should they refuse to play.

Spikey M
21-10-2019, 11:21 AM
Never turn down a free lunch.

Shindig
21-10-2019, 06:31 PM
Especially if there's a goal bonus in your contract.

bruhnaldo
21-10-2019, 07:20 PM
I mean that's kinda silly to expect Tigres to join you in your protest and risk fines etc of their own IMHO.

Sure, they could've gave them a minute but beyond that come on.

Jimmy Floyd
21-10-2019, 08:27 PM
If both teams had stopped and stood still for five minutes it would just have looked like a normal Mexican league match.

Pepe
21-10-2019, 08:28 PM
Would need more flopping on the ground.

Giggles
30-10-2019, 04:57 PM
Cup final week.

Giggles
31-10-2019, 07:35 PM
Thank Christ for that.