PDA

View Full Version : TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Pleb
04-05-2017, 04:21 PM
We should start discussing who's creating this years league plus whatever fantasy leagues you folks have got going in the pipeline.

Dan was last year's TTH champion decimating Gray Fox and Ian in the Championship game :drool: I'm quite happy to open a league up unless Gray Fox wants to do our league this year? I know it's a bit early but still we need to start planning soon :sherlock:

We're still using Yahoo right?

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-05-2017, 04:37 PM
It's far too early.

Lock the thread and open it up at the end of August.

Gray Fox
04-05-2017, 06:42 PM
There's not even a hint of anything football for at least 3 months. Quite early for it. I only started it in June last year and that was too early.

But yeah Yahoo seems like the popular choice amongst people.

Dan
04-05-2017, 09:24 PM
I can't wait to finish last this year :drool:

Pleb
04-05-2017, 09:43 PM
Pleb versus Dan for the "El Plebbo" :drool:

Browning
04-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Gray Fox should do it, and if he doesn't want to I'm happy to do it as I did the first few TTH leagues, and am running a few anyway so one more won't hurt me. Imagine a league run by Pleb. He'll probably lock everyone into taking injured players in round 1 somehow.

Limoutsonik
22-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Resurrecting this since the official NFL website launched this year fantasy leagues,drafted 2 teams so i can hopefully have some success,will post them below so i can get everybody's thoughts on them
Team 1(Completely lucked out on this one,since i forgot to take part in the live draft and got what the league gave me)
QB:Russell Wilson
RB1:Marshawn Lynch
RB2:Ezekiel Eliott
WR1:Jordy Nelson
WR2:Tyreek Hill
TE: Delanie Walker
Flex:Tevin Coleman
Backups:Jameis Winston,Thomas Rawls,James White,Alshon Jeffery,Terrell Pryor,Cameron Brate
Kicker:Stephen Gostkowski
Defense:Baltimore Ravens

Team 2(Drafted solely by me):
QB1:Tom Brady
RB1:Marshawn Lynch
RB2:Ty Montgomery
WR1: DeSean Jackson
WR2:Tyreek Hill
TE:Travis Kelce
Flex:Taylor Gabriel
Backups:Jameis Winston,Dalvin Cook,Rob Kelley,Tyrell Williams,Cameron Brate,Jared Cook
Kicker: Dan Bailey
Defense:New York Giants

Dan
22-06-2017, 07:39 PM
I like team one a lot better, I'm afraid :D Were all the QBs going immediately in the second one? Wouldn't have thought anyone on your team would have gone before at least round three. I'm assuming you went Brady/Kelce in the first two rounds?

When are we starting our league up, by the way?

Gray Fox
22-06-2017, 10:58 PM
That 2nd team looks a little thin on the ground for my liking.

I don't see our draft happening before the end of August, so we're at least 2 months away. Unless people want to go eariler?

I can set up the league soon if so. Might well open a voting thread to pick the site we use. Yahoo and ESPN are the main contenders.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-06-2017, 11:02 PM
Don't go early.

Someone MAJOR will end up getting injured a couple of weeks before the season and someone will lose their pick effectively.

Dan
22-06-2017, 11:59 PM
Yeah, closer is better, I'd say.

Just did a 10 team mock draft on the NFL site, picking at 8:

1. Mike Evans (top 8 players look pretty set in stone at the moment)
2. Jay Ajayi
3. Lamar Miller
4. Doug Baldwin
5. Eddie Lacy
6. Keenan Allen
7. Davante Adams
8. Paul Perkins
9. Kyle Rudolph
10. Matt Forte
11. Marcus Mariota
12. Cameron Meredith
13. Jeremy Maclin
14. Patriots DEF
15. Graham Gano

Pretty solid, I think, and LOADS of good players went either way later than I'd have expected or completely undrafted.

Lynch went off the board at 20 so I guess that's not as much of a reach as I thought. Then again, someone took Tebow in the last round so maybe it's not the best data to go on :D

Gray Fox
23-06-2017, 01:34 AM
You should always take Tebow in the last round. :checkit:

I'm having a nightmare in my work league. The irritating commissioner of the league said he was leaving after last season. He went 4-9 and funnily enough never bothered to check his team the weeks he lost. Had always made big changes the weeks he did win of course. In any case it had been agreed me and the guy who I beat in the final(both by far the most on the ball in the league) would co-run it. We'd agreed to bring in keepers, even to let people keep them from this year, hence my asking who to keep in here. We were also looking at new rules, like maybe adding a defensive player, making it PPR.

Well now the old guy wants back in and insists he's running the thing. No keepers for anyone, but we're using the reverse positions from last year to draft in. He also uses a daft system in which pick #1 of that round, moves to the back of the next round and everyone moves up a place. There's also a potential for a full 12 team league.
So in theory, unless something changes, I'll be drafting 12th and only moving up one spot in the next round. I've no way to plan for this either as no mock drafting software takes this daft system into account.

Dan
23-06-2017, 06:21 AM
Let him back in, but put it to a vote on who runs the league. If he doesn't want to play if he loses the vote then that's his problem.

Browning
23-06-2017, 07:31 AM
That draft system is the worst system I've ever heard of. Snake draft is the only way.

Limoutsonik
23-06-2017, 10:11 AM
I think i went Brady,Hill then Kelce.

Dan
23-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Marshawn is pretty variable then, if he's going between the second & fourth rounds.

Hill could be good, just I think that's a couple of rounds early for him. Kelce should be a beast again this year though, and Brady is Brady so there's never really a bad time to get him.

Limoutsonik
23-06-2017, 11:37 AM
All the first ballot running backs were taken so i was forced to take a punt on him.I'm a Seahawks fan IRL so let's hope he repays me(I am aware he is in the Raiders now,perhaps with the joint 2nd O-line in the league he will reclaim his old form.)

Pleb
23-06-2017, 10:54 PM
ESPN Mock Draft

(QB) Tom Brady - NE
(RB) Devonta Freeman - FALCONS
(RB) Marshawn Lynch - RAIDERS
(WR) Amari Cooper - RAIDERS
(WR) Brandon Marshall - GIANTS
(TE) Greg Olsen - PANTHERS
(FLEX) Danny Woodhead - RAVENS
(DST) Seahawks
(K) Justin Tucker - RAVENS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(BEN) Dak Prescott (QB - DALLAS)
(BEN) Randall Cobb (WR - PACKERS)
(BEN) Jonathan Steward (RB - PANTHERS)
(BEN) Sterling Shepard (WR - GIANTS)
(BEN) Eric Ebron (TE - LIONS)
(BEN) Carlos Santos (K - CHIEFS)
(BEN) Will Fuller V (WR - TEXANS)

Pretty much standard. The kickers this year apart from Tucker appear to be weak for some reason. I was fucked over by 8 guys who wanted to use auto pick the lazy pricks :moop:

Dan
23-06-2017, 11:11 PM
Did you go Brady or Tucker in R1, Pleb?

Pleb
23-06-2017, 11:16 PM
:D

Brady was round three. Tucker was fifth or thereabouts. I think my first round pick was either Lynch or Freeman. Russell Wilson and Cam Newton are rated very low this year for some reason.

Dan
23-06-2017, 11:26 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that too. Cam I sort of get since he was trashbags last year & now has CMC et al to take away some of his running production. Wilson I don't get at all - I fancy him to do really well this season, but I still prefer to wait a little bit longer & pick up one of the five or six guys that are still there in the last few rounds who are bound to be great value. I'd definitely take Wilson over guys like Matt Ryan & Derek Carr if it came to it, but he won't be below them by the time we draft.

Why is everyone on the Lynch train so hard? They have three backs in Oakland, and he's old, in a new offence, had a year out & was injured the last year he did play. I think they'll work him in over the season & try to keep him for the end of the year, and he'll probably only be a small improvement on 2016 Latavius from a fantasy standpoint.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-06-2017, 11:28 PM
I'll give my first born child for Justin Tucker in our league btw.

Dan
23-06-2017, 11:31 PM
I'd consider taking him around R5 just to fuck you off, to be honest :D

Pleb
23-06-2017, 11:38 PM
Why is everyone on the Lynch train so hard? They have three backs in Oakland, and he's old, in a new offence, had a year out & was injured the last year he did play. I think they'll work him in over the season & try to keep him for the end of the year, and he'll probably only be a small improvement on 2016 Latavius from a fantasy standpoint.
No idea.

His PPT is roughly 190 which is what you would expect a normal RB to score. Maybe the Fantasy experts are expecting him and Derek Carr to score big this season. Remember Jamall Charles? My first round pick last season? Yeah his fantasy stock has been completely decimated due to his season long injuries which makes my trade to Mahow even more lolworthy.

Dan
24-06-2017, 12:03 AM
Tried a different draft site & strategy, and had MUCH worse results than my last mock. (https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/draft/4182432)

Drafted at 9, with one person either side & the rest bots. Really don't like how taking a QB early throws off the team. I think there are about three okay picks from round three onwards, but I don't think there's a single good team in the whole bunch there.

It was a 12 team draft rather than a 10 team one, in fairness, so it's going to be worse by default.

Pleb
24-06-2017, 09:20 PM
We are all going to be fighting for Mike Evans for the number one pick at this rate in our draft aren't we?

He went round one pick one in my mock draft last night and that wasn't an autopicker.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-06-2017, 09:25 PM
No shit.

An autopicker would have picked David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot or Le'Veon Bell.

They are the top options.

Evans isn't even the top WR in fantasy land.

Antonio Brown and Julio Jones are miles ahead of everyone else for that position.

Browning
24-06-2017, 10:19 PM
It could be a 50 team draft and I could be picking last and I still wouldn't take Allen Robinson in round 4.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-06-2017, 10:52 PM
Gurley in the second is throwing me off.

Why is he so favoured in fantasy football after last season.

His career has mirrored Doug Martin thus far (albeit Martin didn't have an injury in his first season), he'll be pap in 2017 before going bonkers again in 2018 for a new contract before slowing down again.

Dan
24-06-2017, 10:54 PM
MJ :D Not confident that Bortles is going to be able to throw passes that are actually catchable, or that AR can actually catch them?

I think those four games Gurley was a stud at the start of his career are still enough for people to go crazy for him, plus new coach that can't be worse than Fisher, plus apparently he's getting work in the passing game, plus they still have nobody else that's good = maybe he'll be better this year.

Definitely looks like it's the three RBs, then the three WRs, then McCoy, Evans & Gordon, then everyone else. AJ Green is slipping further than he should too, from what I've seen.

Browning
24-06-2017, 10:58 PM
Bit of both. The cunt was my keeper in my main league last year and with him, Green and Brown as my 3 WRs I expected to piss the league, but I can't remember him actually catching a ball all year.

Dan
24-06-2017, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I had him too & all I can remember is him flailing at Bortles passes that were five yards off target while two guys covered him. I'm hoping the offence is a bit better this season now they have Fournette to be an actual threat on the ground, and if Hurns is better again then Robinson should have more chance of not being covered by half the defence on every play.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-06-2017, 11:34 PM
MJ :D Not confident that Bortles is going to be able to throw passes that are actually catchable, or that AR can actually catch them?

I think those four games Gurley was a stud at the start of his career are still enough for people to go crazy for him, plus new coach that can't be worse than Fisher, plus apparently he's getting work in the passing game, plus they still have nobody else that's good = maybe he'll be better this year.

Definitely looks like it's the three RBs, then the three WRs, then McCoy, Evans & Gordon, then everyone else. AJ Green is slipping further than he should too, from what I've seen.

Another problem, that not many are picking up on, is Jared Goff.

He's so bad that a defence can just play for the run which limits space for Gurley. He got a lot worse when Goff came in.

Without Goff his stats were: 167 carries for 515 yards which is an average of 3.08. 26 catches for 202 yards, average of 7.77
With Goff: 111 carries for 370 yards, average of 3.33 (average is slightly higher because he started well as defences didn't know how shit Goff was. The last 3 games were awful for him). 17 catches for an average of 7.35.

I thought the numbers would be a lot worse but the Goff factor took a couple of games to kick in. Next season could be a bloodbath for them and I can see them taking a new QB at 1 or 2 in the draft.

Gray Fox
24-06-2017, 11:57 PM
Yeah Goff ruins Gurley at this point. He's shown no signs of being ready or even close yet. I can't believe they passed over Wentz for him.

I'd have Gurley going in the 3rd myself, as there's always someone willing to take the risk, but any higher is madness surely?

This is going to be the most interesting draft after pick #5 is done in quite some time. You'd have to imagine Johnson/Bell going top 2, with Zeke battling it out with Brown and Julio for the next 3 spots. After that you have a lot of players of similar value to fill out the round, moving into round 2.
This may also be the first time I see Gronk not going R1 in a long time.

Limoutsonik
28-06-2017, 10:10 AM
So apparently in one of my leagues,a guy is massive fan of Zeke because he accepted a trade that i give him Zeke and J.Winston for M.Ryan,David Johnson and T.Y.Hilton :lol:

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Fucking hell.

You've got the better RB, the better QB and a bit extra.

That's daylight robbery.

Limoutsonik
28-06-2017, 11:23 AM
I know :baz:

Gray Fox
28-06-2017, 03:04 PM
You only tend to get trades like that with people who support the team. I love them.

There's a guy in the work league that has the past 2 years, sent the house for Gronk and then Brady last year. He's a Pats fan so I know if I take one of them I can use them as trade bait. At one point last year 7 of his 9 team spots were taken up by Patriots. He was still mostly winning too!

Pleb
28-06-2017, 09:02 PM
Evans isn't even the top WR in fantasy land.
Him and Odell Beckham just jumped into the top four WB rankings for some weird reason. :cab:

Dan
28-06-2017, 09:19 PM
I'd say Evans is in the third group that rounds out the top ten - you have the three top RBs then the three top WRs, then it's McCoy, Evans, Gordon & AJ Green, all of whom could possibly sneak in front of at least one of the recievers. That's a pretty incredible top ten, to be fair, and there are some very good players just outside too.

Limoutsonik
29-06-2017, 05:10 AM
Is Tom Brady for Antonio Brown a good deal straight up?I just had it accepted.I have Winston as my go to guy now.

Also,forgot to mention in one of the many leagues i am in,i have Jamaal Charles and Adrian Peterson as RB1 and RB2 and Brees as QB :D .Had this been 2013,i would have won already :D

Dan
29-06-2017, 06:46 AM
If you got Brown you've done great work there, I'd say.

Brees will still be a top 5 QB this season,just because the Saints are still going to have to score 40pts to win a game.

Gray Fox
29-06-2017, 02:46 PM
The guy that got Brown got a little bit of a steal. While Brady is no mug, QBs are interchangeable in general. Unless it's a 2 QB league of course. Whereas you just got WR #1. Assuming he stays fit that's great value. There's only 1 or 2 other recievers who are even close to him.

Pleb
29-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Are we recruiting Limoutsonik for our league this year? :drool:

Browning
29-06-2017, 06:01 PM
Yea he's replacing you.

Gray Fox
29-06-2017, 06:18 PM
We should administer to Pleb, the test.
Pleb

You have the #1 pick in our 2017 draft. Do you pick?

a) Jamaal Charles
b) Alex Smith
c) The Kansas City Chiefs defence
d) Selected other

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-06-2017, 06:23 PM
e) Justin Tucker

Pleb
29-06-2017, 08:26 PM
d)

:cool:

Dan
29-06-2017, 09:29 PM
I like how all of the options are actual Pleb picks from last year :D

Pleb
29-06-2017, 09:36 PM
Made this to show my mate our teams. May as well post it here:

http://oi67.tinypic.com/2n9jn0w.jpg

My mate assures me my team is good, except for Diggs (panic pick cos he stopped responding) who he has never heard of. :baz:
Mahow with the three man QB hype there.

The state of my team though. Pierre Garcon? :cab: :D :face:

Gray Fox
29-06-2017, 10:15 PM
I like how all of the options are actual Pleb picks from last year :D

I think I got them in the right order too. There was much lol in the draft chat room about it.

Soon turned to Mahow seethe when he went with Tucker real early.

Dan
29-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Mahow with the three man QB hype there.

The state of my team though. Pierre Garcon? :cab: :D :face:

That really shows you how wrong everyone is in every draft :D

Limoutsonik
30-06-2017, 09:04 AM
Are we recruiting Limoutsonik for our league this year? :drool:

If you can get me up to speed regarding what website we are using and what rules are there,definitely :thumbsup

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-06-2017, 09:31 AM
Yahoo.

Rules will be pretty standard.

Limoutsonik
30-06-2017, 09:52 AM
Right,is there a league set up currently or do i wait for one to be setup?

Pleb
30-06-2017, 12:37 PM
We're probably going to be waiting till late July-early August or thereabouts with the draft roughly being a week before the regular season.

Dan
30-06-2017, 10:40 PM
I got bored so I've done a few drafts using different 'strategies' to see which one came out best. All from the fifth pick in a ten team standard draft:

Early QB/TE (taking both a QB & a TE within the first five rounds) (https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/draft/4193640)
Late QB/TE (don't take either before round ten) (https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/draft/4193715)
Zero RB (none in the first three rounds) (https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/draft/4193633)
Zero WR (https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/draft/4193599)
Starters first (draft all starters/flex before any bench players - not including DST & Kicker) (https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/draft/4193672)

I tried not to take the same players in each draft, just for some variety. The first & last drafts ended up with the strategies basically being the same, but there is potential for them to be more different, since I could just take four RBs & a WR alongside the QB & TE in the first, whereas in the last I'd have to draft at least two of both WR & RB to fill out my starters.

Any thoughts on which team is best, or if any of these supposed strategies are even worth considering?

Gray Fox
01-07-2017, 12:54 AM
I had an inkling before I looked, but from how I look at drafts, you'd done quite badly out of the first 3 for RBs and I'd be worried, but it gets very interesting looking at the last 2. It seems like not drafting a RB in the first 2 rounds really takes a toll on your team. The first 3 entries I'd be quite worried about the season, however entry 4 flips that. Taking no elite WR left you quite short there, but the RB corps I'd be very happy with. Option 5 is where it's at though.

Luck in R6 is a good value, considering his defence should see him behind and thus throwing a lot in games. I also like the high upside of Williams in R14. Looking across board #5 shows up something interesting. Those who split WR/RB in 1 and 2 seemed to come out with much more well rounded teams as they haven't had a pick forced upon them in say R4 or 5.

If it's of any value I tried to use your #2 strategy in our league last year, in terms of QB, while in my work league I went for strategy #5. My team looked much better in my work league, but both seasons finished 10-3. I came 3rd in ours, 1st in the work league. But I guess that's the difference between taking Dalton and Dak at the back of the draft, to taking Rodgers in R4.

Limoutsonik
01-07-2017, 07:38 AM
May i ask what is wrong with the official NFL fantasy website?Seems pretty easy and straightforward if you ask me.Can't imagine Yahoo being any easier.

Dan
01-07-2017, 01:00 PM
The point about being forced into specific picks is part of the reason I tried all those strategies out. It does seem like you make things harder for yourself if you go in & rigidly follow one approach, rather than just playing the board as it falls. I would agree that getting a RB in the first two maybe three, rounds is pretty important though, and there's much better value late when it comes to recievers. Some very solid QB/TE options left late too.

One of the unexpected questions those drafts have thrown up for me is whether it's actually worth taking one of the three elite WRs at 5, when most of the time all the top RBs are gone by the time you pick again.

Having Antonio Brown there at five is delightful, and pairing him with someone like Freeman, Howard or Murray would set you up nicely, but that approach seems much more variable in terms of players actually making it back. Is it actually better to grab McCoy or Gordon there then take someone like Jordy, Dez or TY Hilton in the second round? Or do you take Brown anyway, knowing you can always take two stud WRs & get someone like Fournette, Gurley or Miller in the third should none of the top RBs make it to your second pick?

Also, the continued difference between the value on Lynch in 'expert' drafts & public ones. He's always a top two round guy in public drafts, but almost every drafts I've seen by people in the know has him down at 5 or 6, which is much closer to where I fancy him than R2.

Gray Fox
01-07-2017, 02:07 PM
The problem with Lynch is he is a popular player and at this point is somewhat an unknown. He's been out for essentially 1 year and a half and is on a brand new team at age 31. Given all of that, there's no way he should be going 2nd round, but he will due to the name. It seems all a bit fairytale for me that he'd waltz into his hometown club and drive them on to the Superbowl they've missed out on for years. The experts have him where he makes sense, the fans don't.

To answer your Antonio Brown dilemma it comes down to how you select players. I personally sort players into tiers. Doing that better helps me see value. I'll use an example.

#1 - Johnson
#2 - Bell

These two I feel are clearly a level ahead of everyone but Zeke, with it being personal preference as to which way around. The 3rd RB we have now is Zeke. He is also a class above everyone else, but not quite of the level of the two guys above.

Let's say we're now drafting at pick #4. The top 3 RBs have gone as expected. You now have the choice of Brown/Jones(both clear at the top of their own tiers) or the next best RB. At present #4 RB is Shady McCoy. Should you take him you are looking at your 1st WR being Baldwin, Hopkins, Cooper or Robinson.
You've settled here and have a 3rd tier RB as well as a 3rd Tier WR in your first two picks.

Going the other way, you take Brown or Jones with your first round pick and you are looking at Fournette, Gurley or Miller as your first RB. You've still got your 3rd tier RB but now your have the #1 WR. Option two, to me seems better than 1. You've also given yourself a bargaining chip.
If your draft goes horribly from then in terms of RB, you can see the other teams in your league. Try to look for one who went RB heavy but lost out at WR. You can get great value on Brown, depending on how smart the opponent is.

What these draft wizards can't account for though is the stupidity of man. There's always going to be someone who will take the home team player over who makes sense. In my work league I know Russel Wilson will go before Andrew Luck. I know Beckham Jr is likely going to be the first WR taken.
I also feel like the guy who takes Gronk this year is going to do quite badly out of it. There's so much depth now at TE that the players you are passing over in R2 or 3 for him just aren't worth it.

As for doubling down on WRs in R1 and 2. I tried that and had Brown/Hopkins(you might get lucky and sneak Dez here). You were looking at Hyde, McCaffery and Crowell for your RB slot. That's okay, but now you have more bargaining chips if you change your mind.

Pleb
03-07-2017, 10:52 PM
I know everyone is hellbent on having a Yahoo league (It's better than NFL.com for fuck sake) but having looked at ESPN you can preserve your league's history apparently :|

I guess it all boils down to if we want to preserve our history or not Gray Fox Browning @whoeverisbraveorstupidenoughtohost:D

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-07-2017, 11:41 PM
Keeps it on Yahoo too.

https://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nfl/2011/577379?utmpdku=1
https://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nfl/2012/423204?utmpdku=1 (best season ever)
https://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nfl/2013/606700?utmpdku=1
https://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nfl/2014/98939?utmpdku=1

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-07-2017, 11:43 PM
My drafted team in 2011:

http://i.imgur.com/LGWAtOL.png

:drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-07-2017, 11:47 PM
The year before that (which isn't showing up annoyingly) was even better:

Tom Brady
Jimmy Clausen

LaDainian Tomlinson
Joseph Addai
Dexter McCluster (doubles as a RB and a WR)
Montario Hardesty

Steve Smith (Panthers one)
Arrelious Benn
Steve Breaston
Demaryius Thomas

Owen Daniels
Jermaine Gresham

Nate Kaeding
Garrett Lindholm

Dallas

I had watched about a total of 2 hours of NFL across a couple of Super Bowls and only knew of players in Madden that I picked up that year. Oh and Joseph Addai who I had an irrational hatred towards.

Tomlinson was my number 1 pick and I ended up trading Brady to Elth for Carson Palmer.

Gray Fox
04-07-2017, 12:23 AM
Can you imagine having LT during that year.

31 touchdowns in a season. Thirty One. For a running back! Putting it into perspective you have David Johnson. He was mental last year and is rightly the #1 pick in any fantasy league. He got 20 TDs last year. He was just crazy.

Pleb
05-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Keeps it on Yahoo too.

https://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nfl/2011/577379?utmpdku=1
https://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nfl/2012/423204?utmpdku=1 (best season ever)
https://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nfl/2013/606700?utmpdku=1
https://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nfl/2014/98939?utmpdku=1
"Can't access archive as I'm not in the league"

:sherlock:

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Well league members can.

Dan
25-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Football is nearly back lads :drool:

Are we thinking end of preseason for the draft? Also, anyone fancy doing an extra one as a PPR/2QB/Keeper/something else league?

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-07-2017, 12:59 PM
I'd love a second being a keeper.

Browning
25-07-2017, 01:07 PM
That archive :drool:

I'm not sure if I can resurrect that league now as I think I deleted it. If I could I would though.

Limoutsonik
25-07-2017, 01:35 PM
PPR/2QB/Keeper,bit help here gents for us newbies?

Browning
25-07-2017, 01:43 PM
PPR is points per reception which speaks for itself. You get a point for a reception in addition to points for yardage so RBs who get a lot of catches have greater value etc.

2QB means you start with 2 QBs instead of one, dramatically increasing the value of QBs.

Keeper means you can keep 1 or more players from 1 year to the next by giving up draft picks.

Pleb
25-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Can we do all three? :baz:

Browning
25-07-2017, 09:12 PM
My main league does all 3.

Pleb
25-07-2017, 09:48 PM
We should do all three. It will probably be a barrel of laughs. Draft should be near the end of pre season Dan :chief:

Someone hurry up and make the damn league :drool:

Dan
25-07-2017, 09:51 PM
All together, or three separate leagues? A 2QB, PPR keeper league might be one year too soon for us, I think :D

I just want to do some drafting, really. Slowly starting to work on my draft board, but even mock drafts aren't quite the same as a proper draft.

Browning
25-07-2017, 09:51 PM
I'm not going to steal it from Gray Fox if he wants to keep doing it, but if not I'll set it up whenever, I've already set up all my other leagues. Seems I can't just resurrect the old TTH league (I did check) but that's probably no big deal as half the people in it probably don't play any longer.

Ian
26-07-2017, 06:06 AM
Do we have enough regulars who actually pay attention for a keeper?

I'm in anyway. Fuck doing three drafts though.

Limoutsonik
26-07-2017, 09:24 AM
I want to join a regular league but fuck me all these other variations look like a massive ball-ache.

Browning
26-07-2017, 10:30 AM
I am with Ian, i am only really interested in one TTH league seeing as i am so many others. I'm happy with any/all the variations above though.

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-07-2017, 11:05 AM
I love a dynasty league but the one I was in died.

A TTH one would work if the interest is there.

Pleb
26-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Do the same setup as last season then.

PPR Head to Head with a 6 team playoffs system if we can get 10 people to do it.

Browning
26-07-2017, 08:03 PM
We didn't have PPR last year, but i'm not against adding it.

The only thing I'd change is the waiver system. I still don't think it should reset every week, I think it should roll on, so using your waiver actually costs you something because you go to the back of the line.

Other than that things worked fine.

Gray Fox
26-07-2017, 08:08 PM
I changed that halfway through the season.

By the way I don't mind who runs it, so long as we get a league.

bruhnaldo
26-07-2017, 08:30 PM
i'm in for a keeper league

fuck PPR tho

Browning
26-07-2017, 08:36 PM
OK, I'll set it up.

May as well just have one league and make it a keeper league, as the old TTH one was. Unless anyone has any objections.

I'll get invites out shortly.

Pleb
26-07-2017, 08:38 PM
The "El Plebbo" needs to be a thing if I'm honest :drool:

I have no objections just get the league up and running :chief:

Browning
26-07-2017, 08:43 PM
Of course in my first batch of PMs I forgot to include myself... so we should have a minimum of 8 if everyone I invited accepts. Couple more would be ideal but we can roll with 8.

Dan
26-07-2017, 09:19 PM
I'm in :cool:

Pleb
26-07-2017, 09:27 PM
Settings look fine if I'm honest.

If we get to the 10 teams needed are we looking at a solo division league with top 6 heading into the playoffs etc?

Browning
26-07-2017, 09:32 PM
I'll need to look at it, but it'll be either 4 or 6 teams in the Play Offs.

If it's an 8 team league it'll be 4 into the Play Offs for certain.

If it's 10 teams I'll probably leave it at 6. I think that's probably too many but the drama it causes last year in the final week is worth it.

Browning
26-07-2017, 09:42 PM
I've added a couple of flex spots and 1 bench spot, but don't think anything else there looks too broken.

Any suggestions post them in the thread, and we should probably discuss the draft time/date (which is just a place holder).

Dan
26-07-2017, 10:03 PM
3WR, 2 Flex :drool:

I've been working on the assumption it would be 2WR, 1 Flex, so two extra rounds is delightful. Time to start figuring out how that changes things, I guess.

Browning
26-07-2017, 10:05 PM
3 WR was the default but I wasn't sure if I should change that to 2.

Oh well, it's always better when you have to take a few punts on not so obvious players.

Dan
26-07-2017, 10:08 PM
Are there 7 bench spots instead of 6 as well?

I'm definitely all for it. Three extra rounds of dart throws should make the draft more ridiculous than last year, as well as reducing the amount of top, top players sitting on the waiver wire, and the extra lineup spots should make game days even better.

Browning
26-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Yea I added an extra bench spot because of the larger starting rosters and because I took out the IR spot.

Dan
26-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Thoughts on 4pts for QB touchdowns vs. 6? We'd probably have to up the INT to 2 alongside a passing TD increase, mind.

I guess the better question is 4:1 or 6:2?

Dan
26-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Also, are kick/punt return TDs currently counting for the individual player? I might like Tyreek Hill a bit more if that's the case :D

Browning
26-07-2017, 10:41 PM
6:2 is my preference so I've changed it to that. Happy to change back to 4:1 if people want.

From what I can see it looks like return TDs do count for the individual, which is as it should be.

Dan
26-07-2017, 10:43 PM
So they count for both the DST & the player? If only the player got the yardage too...

Ian
27-07-2017, 06:02 AM
Returners should be the only ones getting points for touchdowns and should also get the yardage, says I.

Baz
27-07-2017, 06:39 AM
Am I not needed this time? :(

Browning
27-07-2017, 07:04 AM
Baz you are welcome to join up, we are only at 8 players if everyone accepts so we could still do with a couple more.

I will have to send you an invite this evening after work, unless someone else can forward the link on to you.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-07-2017, 09:00 AM
Returners should be the only ones getting points for touchdowns and should also get the yardage, says I.

I quite like yardage points, especially in a bigger league with bigger rosters.

Browning
27-07-2017, 09:08 AM
I've never heard of a DST not getting return TD points.

Return yards can be added I guess. What is the normal point value for it?

Ian
27-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Same as for receiving/rushing yards is how I've always seen it.

Unless you have a freak like a young Devin Hester they're never stars even with the yardage.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-07-2017, 12:55 PM
No, it's usually less.

1 point per 25 or 30 yards.

If it's the same as rushing/receiving then a player could get a maximum of 16.9 points for a return TD.

Browning
27-07-2017, 05:08 PM
I have invited Baz, which takes us to 9 invites sent (5 teams confirmed so far).

If we end up with 9 (or 7) and no one else from the forum wants in I'll just invite 'Fay's Fall Guys' who has played in every other TTH league so far (well since I've been doing it anyway). Invite goes to forum members first though so if anyone else is interested who hasn't posted yet then let me know.

Pleb
27-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Should we try Mert again?

Gray Fox
27-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Does this include bruhnaldo ?

bruhnaldo
27-07-2017, 06:05 PM
I was sent an invitation if that's the Q. Work computer has yahoo blocked so will try and jump on mobile/home pc to set up my team tonight.

Browning
29-07-2017, 05:18 PM
What are we thinking for draft date/time?

Pleb
29-07-2017, 06:04 PM
Saturday the 2nd September at roughly 9:30-10pmGMT should do us fine surely?

Dan
29-07-2017, 06:22 PM
I have no idea what I'll be doing next week, let alone in September :D

The answer is probably 'nothing' though, so whenever is fine for me.

Browning
31-07-2017, 07:58 AM
We are still only at 6/10 teams, still waiting on Ian, Gray Fox and Bruhnaldo to join up.

Still got that 1 open spot if anyone else on the forum wants it too.

Gray Fox
31-07-2017, 09:03 AM
I'm useless for seeing the notifications at the top. Will sort it out.

Pleb
31-07-2017, 12:34 PM
We are still only at 6/10 teams, still waiting on Ian, Gray Fox and Bruhnaldo to join up.

Still got that 1 open spot if anyone else on the forum wants it too.
Have we invited Limoutsonik yet?

Browning
31-07-2017, 12:40 PM
Yes, he's in.

I think everyone who has posted in this thread is in except the 3 I named who have been invited.

bruhnaldo
31-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Sorry fellas, was on an away day bus trip and haven't really been near a computer that actually lets me into yahoo.

Apologies.

Browning
31-07-2017, 02:13 PM
I love a bit of Fantasy Football drama in the afternoon.

Commissioner of a league I'm in announced a new keeper rule which I was always sceptical about but willing to try. Basically you could keep 1 player at last year's draft cost but also had the option of keeping a 2nd player for a 3rd round pick, unless you kept picks 1 and 2 (not getting a discount for doing that) or your first keeper was round 3, in which case the 2nd guy would be round 2. When it was announced I didn't really like it, but I was willing to roll with it.

He quickly told everyone he was keeping Shady (round 4) and Brady (round 5 last year, but he'd have to pay round 3). In a 2 QB league that's good value on both. This morning I looked at my options. I was inclined to keep Antonio Brown (round 1) and Zeke (round 2) even though it cost a fuck ton, why not? But no... he tells me anyone who keeps a round 1 guy doesn't get a 2nd keeper. Goal posts moved already, but whatever. I'll keep Zeke (round 2) and Luck (round 5 last year, the same as Brady, but I'd have to pay round 3 right..... RIGHT?!)

Lol Nope.

He wanted me to pay a 1st for Luck because the idea is the 2nd keeper (later keeper) has to cost more than the first keeper. What the fuck is that? I pointed out we'd both be keeping a RB at last years cost and a 5th round QB... but he wanted me to pay a 1st to his 3rd? He wasn't budging so I outright told him it's funny how he designed a system to punish people who wanted to keep a round 1-3 guy in a year where he wanted his round 4 and round 5 picks and to remove me from the league. Rather than do the right thing (make EVERYONE'S 2nd keeper a 3rd rounder) he decided we'll just have a 1 keeper system rather than see me walk out. It's so fucking transparent he was hoping no one would call him out on the BS system.

I really shouldn't care so much about such things, but he's the same guy I've mentioned before with a long history of trying to twist things to his advantage, and I wasn't having it.

God I love this game. :drool:

Pleb
31-07-2017, 04:18 PM
tldr but :D

That's fucking mental.

Dan
31-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Why have you all not set up a new league without him yet? :D

Browning
31-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Well, he quit my main league, which helps, but I was in a number of leagues with him. Thankfully he only runs 1 of them, and he can't do too much damage in the other one I'm in with him because it's my league and I won't listen to him.

Frankly I wish he had let me quit though as I could stand to lose a league and that one is the one I care least about by a considerable margin.

Browning
04-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Ian has joined so just waiting on two now.

Still need another player as well.

Pleb
06-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Are we all in? :sherlock:

Browning
06-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Still waiting on Gray Fox and Bruhnaldo I think.

And still need 1 more player, but I have confirmed my back up option will play if no one else does.

Giggles
06-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Is Bruh ever coming back after the latest meltdown? :D

Gray Fox
06-08-2017, 10:19 PM
I'm in. I had Yahoo open in 2 tabs, so signed up the Mrs accidentally. I've deleted her out now though.

bruhnaldo
07-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Is Bruh ever coming back after the latest meltdown? :D

I never left you fucking goofball.

Giggles
07-08-2017, 01:51 PM
I never left you fucking goofball.

And I'm glad to see it.

bruhnaldo
07-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Mmhmm.

Browning
09-08-2017, 03:49 PM
I've had to move the draft back a day as I've realised I have another draft that day.

Any issues with the Sunday night let me know and we'll see where we can fit it in.

Are you still intending to join Bruhnaldo?

Ian
09-08-2017, 05:39 PM
What we going for in the end? Normal, dynasty or what?

Browning
09-08-2017, 05:56 PM
I don't see it being a dynasty.

A keeper league potentially (probably 1-2 per team) depending how many return.

Dan
09-08-2017, 06:29 PM
We have actual preseason football tonight :alan:

I watched the full, 3hr broadcast replay of the hall of fame game I was so starved (think I swapped to condensed midway through, to be fair), so it's a glorious prospect to have regular football back.

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-08-2017, 06:35 PM
1-2 keeper I think, a dynasty isn't for the faint at heart.

If people are interested (you keep as many of your team as you want and you add to those players with rookies/players coming back/people who were cut etc in each new draft) I would be willing to create the league.

Gray Fox
09-08-2017, 07:20 PM
I think we see if we get the same turnout over again this year. If people are still interested in 2018 then start a Dynasty league.

Browning
09-08-2017, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure I can handle 2 dynasty leagues (I've just created 1) but maybe I'd be up for it, we will see how I get on with this one.

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-08-2017, 04:40 PM
lol at anyone who drafted early and ended up taking 'Zeke'.

bruhnaldo
11-08-2017, 05:17 PM
My bad I'll jump on this tonight.

Gray Fox
11-08-2017, 06:27 PM
This is why you dont draft early :D

Limoutsonik
12-08-2017, 11:46 AM
In one of my leagues,i have Zeke on my team,should i dangle him like a carrot?

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-08-2017, 11:47 AM
I would to see what offers you get.

What are your backups like?

Browning
12-08-2017, 12:02 PM
I had Zeke locked in as a keeper in one league but have had to change it to Cousins. Good times.

Limoutsonik
12-08-2017, 12:32 PM
I would to see what offers you get.

What are your backups like?

Mark Ingram and Latavius Murray :happycry:

Bartholomert
12-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Should we try Mert again?

I want to play!

Bartholomert
12-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Also Zeke will appeal the decision and probably only end up getting 2-3 games, and likely will be able to play this season as the appeal is pending. It's not that bad.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-08-2017, 12:46 PM
My money is on 4 after appeal.

Gray Fox
12-08-2017, 12:47 PM
If Zeke goes down to 4 after appeal he's probably worth storing.

Browning
12-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Yea, 4 wouldn't be too bad, but I still don't think I could justify taking him with the 12th pick of the draft. Not when I can get Cousins in round 6 of a 2 QB league. It's a real shame as I love Zeke. We'll see where the appeal goes I guess.

Mert, I will send you an invite. That will take us to our 10 teams.

Baz
12-08-2017, 01:11 PM
I have Zeke.

I vote keeper so I can keep him from last season plz

Pleb
12-08-2017, 01:43 PM
This is why you dont draft early :D
Will there be any decent players left? :sherlock: :drool:

Gray Fox
12-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Plenty of Chiefs still available. I reckon you could sneak Tannehill in the later rounds too. :checkit:

Pleb
12-08-2017, 01:53 PM
I'm looking at Cutler :eyemouth:

Dan
12-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Lev Bell plummeted last year when he missed three games & turned out to be a don, so Zeke should be fine.

Browning
12-08-2017, 07:15 PM
6 games is significantly more though. It's half the season.

Giggles
12-08-2017, 07:17 PM
6 games is significantly more though. It's half the season.

It's only set at 6 so it'll be 3 or 4 on appeal.

Dan
12-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Even if it ends up being 6, you could make the case that half a season of Zeke getting 20+ carries a game is still worth more than half of the RBs going in the third round will get you over a full season. He'll definitely fall past 2016 Bell, but he could potentially end up in almost the exact same position once this is all sorted out so it's not likely that he'll end up down in the sixth round or something stupid.

Gray Fox
12-08-2017, 07:32 PM
I'm drafting my work league on the 19th. They're using the irritating as fuck system in which, No.1 from that round, moves to the back of the next round. Nothing else changes. I've been informed also that, despite 3 new members joining this year, they'll be added to the front of the draft order and everyone else will reverse last seasons positions. So I'm in an 11 team league, drafting from 11th, with no snake draft order. So 11th then 21st pick etc. Not going to lie it's enough to think about dropping out as if the people before me have any kind of clue what they're doing, I'm lucky to make our play-offs.
I do however want to stay to defend my crown and feel like it's going to be a pretty big challenge.

Giggles
12-08-2017, 07:36 PM
My old fantasy type league used to do the order that way too. Pain in the hole.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-08-2017, 07:44 PM
Non-snake drafts should be banned.

Dan
12-08-2017, 08:10 PM
I'm drafting my work league on the 19th. They're using the irritating as fuck system in which, No.1 from that round, moves to the back of the next round. Nothing else changes. I've been informed also that, despite 3 new members joining this year, they'll be added to the front of the draft order and everyone else will reverse last seasons positions. So I'm in an 11 team league, drafting from 11th, with no snake draft order. So 11th then 21st pick etc. Not going to lie it's enough to think about dropping out as if the people before me have any kind of clue what they're doing, I'm lucky to make our play-offs.
I do however want to stay to defend my crown and feel like it's going to be a pretty big challenge.

That's such a ridiculous system - way too harsh on the current champion. If you want to be gimmicky just do third round reversal, or go all out & do an auction draft.

Browning
12-08-2017, 09:48 PM
I've said it before, but I wouldn't play in a league like that. The system makes zero logical sense.

Gray Fox
13-08-2017, 01:37 AM
They've repeatedly said it's done that way to be fairest and to make it tougher for the champ. To be fair me and the guy who were in the final last year were miles clear of everyone else, but even so this system seems way too harsh. I tried to bring it up last year, but that was with the previous commissioner and he said he'd rather have disbanded the league than change it. It being the night before the 1st game then, I decided to soldier on for the greater good. I might present them with the actual physical workings out of it being the least fair system to see if it changes their mind.

What this does however is bring Zeke into play for me. I probably wont know if his appeal is sussessful, or even partly, by the time I'm drafting, so he's suddenly the most interesting player on the board. Now if I consider the above draft order will stand, things aren't looking too healthy. However it does open me up to taking more risks. Playing for Zeke, gambling on him reducing the suspension, could be a good move in R2 or R3.

I've just done a mock draft against real people(10 team, from #3) and he went 6th pick in the 2nd round. So he's dropping hard. I'm not quite sure at what point to pick him, but my head says he still wont last the first 3 rounds.

Dan
13-08-2017, 06:46 AM
I reckon he'll still end up around the Gurley/Miller/Fournette/Crowell range, unless we get confirmation that he's definitely out six games, then he'll probably fall another round or so.

Browning
13-08-2017, 08:08 AM
"Making it tougher on the champ" is not within the spirit of competition though. The champ should have an equal shot at retaining it.

There's a reason that draft system is not an option on any of the league hosts.

Gray Fox
13-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Like I said I'll be giving them the physical proof. I'd even prefer a bog standard 1-11 repeating over that nonsense.

Dan
13-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Man, Zeke is not falling at all :D

Been looking at some public mock drafts & the furthest I've seen him fall is 15th overall. He almost always goes right at the 1st/2nd turn. That's madness, but I guess that's the only way people picking late are going to get him.

Gray Fox
13-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Picking him up in the 2nd is tough on you though. You either pick stud WR1 in R1, and so are forced into a RB in R3. By then you're looking at Crowell(maybe), Miller, Lynch or McCaffery.

Alternatively you go with Gordon, McCoy or Freeman, in R1 but you're looking at Baldwin, Hopkins or Cooper being your WR1. At the minute I'm not sure if that's worth it or not.

Dan
13-08-2017, 06:36 PM
I think there are too many good players there in R2, but the third round is where the options start to get iffy, so he's as good as anyone at that range.

It's just a question of how willing you are to hinder your team for seven weeks in order to get a guy who could be the RB1 from the time he's available.

Gray Fox
14-08-2017, 12:02 AM
I think there are too many good players there in R2, but the third round is where the options start to get iffy, so he's as good as anyone at that range.

It's just a question of how willing you are to hinder your team for seven weeks in order to get a guy who could be the RB1 from the time he's available.

I think it depends on your play-off rules. Let's assume the worst in that you pick Zeke in R2 and he fails in his appeal. If your league has 6 play-off spots from 10 teams, then you will probably be okay. Him coming back should see you through. If not the rest of your team has let you down, or you've had bad luck on injuries. 4 play-off spots and the risk is probably too great.

Gray Fox
14-08-2017, 12:54 AM
Also introduced to us today by our new commissioner are our new roster settings for the season. We have had our rosters reduced to 14, but he has removed the flex position in favour of a mandatory 2nd TE. He has also included a head coach selection, but that seems to only grant a maximum of 10 extra points so it may not matter too much. It leaves the roster selection like so:

https://i.gyazo.com/9e25740a937fe064a6aebd2d98cf35b6.png

I've never had a limit on a position before, but that's come about through people hording 4 QBs last year(1 QB league) and openly admitting it was just to stop others more needy from picking them up.

In my mind now, the importance of the WR has lessened. People can only hold 3 and outside the Brown, Julio, Beckham, Evans and Green group, the rest are a decent sized step down(Nelson is less of a guarantee due to his age, but has the potential to be there). I'd never go into a draft with a set strategy. However, 3 things seem more obvious.

1) It looks like bye weeks are going to need some careful planning around. 2 players in one position in one week spells disaster.

2) I'm almost certainly going to have to take a RB in R1. There's not nearly as much depth beyond that initial R1 grouping. However as noted last year there were some criminal selections at the top of the board so I could get lucky here.

3) I'm going to have to have taken a TE by R4. With one needed I could wait, but given you essentially need 3 here this could be the key position for the league. There's not a lot of top guys at all. Being able to have someone like Olsen here as your TE1 instead of Ebron having to be your TE1 is big.

Overall, I'm not a fan of the head coach, but I want to give the rest a try. I have little hope of winning given the current draft method, so screw it. Taking Zeke in the league just got harder for everyone who wants a RB with a bye before week 7.

Dan
14-08-2017, 06:00 PM
That's pretty tight on WRs. Should be allowed at least one more, but as it is there's hardly any point taking them early as there will be loads of good players that go undrafted. Could make the same case for RBs too, I suppose.

Gronk will go in the first round for sure, and it definitely looks like a great idea to get one of the top six guys as there's almost no depth at the position when you have to have two each. RB/WR/TE seems like a pretty solid opening three rounds.

Two TEs & a Head Coach is pretty mad, and how many people are going to hold two DSTs & Kickers on their roster?

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-08-2017, 06:08 PM
You'd be surprised.

I'm in what was a 16 team dynasty (now 12) and so many dickheads kept 2 or 3 of each. I think there was only like 4 defences free (which fucked me as I liked to keep 1 and rotate each week) and about 2 starting kickers.

Browning
14-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Where to begin with that. :D

Abandon ship.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Speaking of said dynasty league, here are my keepers thus far:

http://i.imgur.com/lb8zYoH.png

Those not listed are:

Eddie Royal
Brandon Myers
Dennis Pitta
Ladarius Green
Don Jackson
Kai Forbath
Ronnie Hillman
Cameron Brate
Cameron Meredith
Seahawks D
Titans D

First 5 have no club but none are worth a 4th or higher pick (25th keeper takes your 25th round etc) and I should probably cut some from my keeper list.

Osweiler (possible trade bait?), Enunwa (we have IR spots so I might cut him and try to bring him back after the draft) and Sammie Coates are probably those who are shaky.

Browning
14-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Is the Seahawks defense not worth keeping? Maybe not for a 4th but I would imagine they're valuable in a dynasty.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Is the Seahawks defense not worth keeping? Maybe not for a 4th but I would imagine they're valuable in a dynasty.

I probably should hang on to them.

I was late to the second year draft and fucking auto pick took the Seahawks number 1. Le'Veon Bell went number 2...

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Osweiler, Enunwa and Coates go out for the Seahawks.

Gives me 6 picks in the draft.

Browning
14-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Is that a 1 QB league or 2, Mahow?

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-08-2017, 06:44 PM
It's a 1 (with 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T Flex) so it's overkill with Carr, Mariota, Wentz and Goff as it is.

Baz
14-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Can anyone with the Yahoo app tell me how to change my draft order?

Gray Fox
14-08-2017, 10:14 PM
It's a 1 (with 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T Flex) so it's overkill with Carr, Mariota, Wentz and Goff as it is.

Any way you could get Martavis Bryant in? I feel he's got a good season coming, provided he keeps it clean.

Browning
14-08-2017, 10:29 PM
He's not on his list, so someone else probably had him. If not Mahow would have to draft him.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-08-2017, 10:42 PM
Yep.

I don't know what players will be available (other than all the rookies) until the draft starts.

I'll have the 9th pick I believe

Dan
14-08-2017, 11:18 PM
Is Martavis actually able to do anything besides practice yet? He was still suspended last I heard.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-08-2017, 11:51 PM
Is Martavis actually able to do anything besides practice yet? He was still suspended last I heard.

He's been conditionally reinstated which means he can practice.

Hasn't officially been cleared for games yet but it looks likely.

Gray Fox
15-08-2017, 12:07 PM
As expected, the previous commissioner, unhappy at being ousted, has quit(he was #1 pick anyway) so I move up one to 10th. Assuming no one goes full retard with a R1 QB I'm looking at a choice.

Freeman, Murray, Howard and Ajayi go in and around there as a RB. While AJ Green, Mike Evans and Jordy Nelson are in the conversation at WR. I quite like those options.

Dan
15-08-2017, 01:53 PM
The WRs are better players, but there's more chance of a quality alternative being there in R2 than there is a good RB (unless you're lucky & get Zeke). I think I'd find it hard to pass up on Green or Evans, in particular, but I really don't fancy having to take someone like Fournette or Crowell in the second round to be my starter.

That system really is fucking stupid :D

Browning
15-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Take one of each as you have two picks...

Oh wait....

Gray Fox
15-08-2017, 10:45 PM
I'm fully expecting someone to go full retard early. Rawls was picked in our first round last year after all.

Gray Fox
17-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Speaking of my previous comment I've been doing some digging to see if I can sound out peoples R1 picks.

There are 2 Giants fans picking in the top 3 and both have commented how much they want Beckham. Guy picking at number 4 is also leaning towards picking Fournette. I might drop it into conversation about getting him myself, see if I can force his hand. The guy picking at 6 has a love for Freeman. He's picked him the past 2 seasons, so I'd be surprised if that's not his pick again.

If Zeke is still there in the 3rd, I'd be hard pressed to pass him up, assuming of course I get 2 good guys in R1/2. Which if the above turns out to be true, I could well do.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-08-2017, 11:40 AM
I'm hearing great things about the Chiefs this year...

Dan
17-08-2017, 06:13 PM
If the guy at 4 takes Fournette :D

Gray Fox
17-08-2017, 10:46 PM
Spoke to him today. Asked him for some hints, said he very much likes one of the not-so-popular guys for his first round pick. I dropped some hints of my own. I genuinely think he's at the least considering it.

Pleb
18-08-2017, 02:45 PM
He should take Alex Smith :chief:

Gray Fox
19-08-2017, 05:37 PM
We did our draft live today. This was the first round;

1. Johnson
2. Beckham jr
3. DeMarco Murray
4. Fournette
5. Brown
6. Tucker
7. Bell
8. Ajayi
9. Gordon
10. McCoy

I mean... come on.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Number 6 is smart.

Browning
19-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Julio didn't go? That's criminal.

Gray Fox
19-08-2017, 07:28 PM
He stayed until 6th pick of the 2nd round. So someone got both Bell and Julio. I was looking at Julio, but there was only McCoy and Freeman left of those RBs who you'd be genuinely happy to have as your RB1. The guys who picked Brown and Beckham would also have gone RB so I took what I saw as the better option overall. I still ended up with a decent team:

QB - Luck
RB1 - McCoy
RB2 - Howard
WR1 - Evans
WR2 - T.Y. Hilton
TE1 - Kelce
TE2 - Ertz
K - Bryant
D/ST - Texans
HC - Pete Carrol

BN - Zeke
BN - Crowder
BN - Hooper
BN - Stafford

Had I picked 6th or 7th I'd have build basically a dream team. My only issue is I've got 8 rounds in before remembering the stupid player limits mean you shouldn't have more than 1 of each position with the same bye week. An issue because I've done this with all 3 skill positions.

Dan
19-08-2017, 07:45 PM
We did our draft live today. This was the first round;

1. Johnson
2. Beckham jr
3. DeMarco Murray
4. Fournette
5. Brown
6. Tucker
7. Bell
8. Ajayi
9. Gordon
10. McCoy

I mean... come on.

He stayed until 6th pick of the 2nd round. So someone got both Bell and Julio. I was looking at Julio, but there was only McCoy and Freeman left of those RBs who you'd be genuinely happy to have as your RB1. The guys who picked Brown and Beckham would also have gone RB so I took what I saw as the better option overall. I still ended up with a decent team:

QB - Luck
RB1 - McCoy
RB2 - Howard
WR1 - Evans
WR2 - T.Y. Hilton
TE1 - Kelce
TE2 - Ertz
K - Bryant
D/ST - Texans
HC - Pete Carrol

BN - Zeke
BN - Crowder
BN - Hooper
BN - Stafford

Had I picked 6th or 7th I'd have build basically a dream team. My only issue is I've got 8 rounds in before remembering the stupid player limits mean you shouldn't have more than 1 of each position with the same bye week. An issue because I've done this with all 3 skill positions.

What a great draft :D Any way we can see the full board?

The guy who got Lev Bell AND Julio must have been crying with joy. As must the guy who took Justin Tucker, obviously.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Guaranteed points with JT.

Gray Fox
20-08-2017, 12:38 AM
I can't post full results yet. The commissoner needs to manually enter our picks in, so it may take a few days.

Gray Fox
22-08-2017, 01:25 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/ae935b8411bc5833d504ae866e4e34d1.png

I've not done too bad in terms of player, whatsoever. My problem is Zeke and Shady both have bye week 6. I believe Hilton and Evans both share the same week off, as do Kelce and Ertz. I could perhaps do some trading, but the position limit makes that quite hard. Going 2 for 1 in a big trade seems like the ticket out. Only 30 WRs can be owned at any one time, so there are still plenty available in a position of good depth.

Players like Decker, Moncrief, Maclin, Marvin Jones, Allen, DeVante Parker all went undrafted and could easily be a bench option if not WR2.

I've done well to get 3 top 10 ADP players in one team, but honestly the only 2 picks that were in much question was Evans in R2. Obviously that's great value, but AJ Green was also still there and I'm wondering if he'll do better as he's in the team with less mouths to feed. The other one was taking Zeke in the 3rd. I've not yet asked the rest of the league if anyone had plans on him, but I get the nagging feeling I could have waited on him a little.

Browning
22-08-2017, 11:48 AM
My first draft is this Friday and it's for my new Dynasty league. Going to be very interesting trying to balance drafting for now and the future. I'm pretty much set on taking Mike Evans in round 1 regardless of draft position (unless I'm first and can get ODB) but if he goes, I'll have to put some serious thought into it. I just think RBs are a much higher injury risk, and at his age it puts him above the other WRs... but by Friday I could have completely changed my mind.

I have the 5th pick in my main league draft and Mariota locked in as a Round 11 keeper. I know the guy in first will take David Johnson (he's a Cardinals fan) and I fully expect Rodgers, ODB and Brown to be the other 3 that go ahead of me, which is the nightmare scenario for me. If any of those 3 are there I'll snap them up (it's a 2 QB league so Rodgers is well worth it). If they aren't.... I'm probably looking at Brees or Julio, and I have no idea which way I'd go on that. Lev Bell is a keeper (in round 2), so he's not an option.

Browning
22-08-2017, 11:58 AM
Also bruhnaldo can you please join as soon as possible, we're under 2 weeks until draft time!

Pleb
22-08-2017, 03:46 PM
I may not make it to 9:30pmGMT on draft day due to work commitments, can we try and move it to past 10pmGMT if possible? :sherlock:

Browning
22-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Fine with me, any objections? Can't have Pleb on auto draft... he might do well.

Browning
22-08-2017, 04:07 PM
I've just heard the Cheifs want to use Kelce like a WR. RIP.

Dan
22-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Kelce to go ahead of Gronk then.

bruhnaldo
22-08-2017, 04:30 PM
i got autodraft'd last year and i think i at laest made the playoffs

i'll sign up tonight, sorry again.

Browning
22-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Kelce to go ahead of Gronk then.

On a normal team, yes. But on the chiefs "like a WR" presumably means forget he exists.

Dan
22-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Good point :D

Gray Fox
22-08-2017, 05:51 PM
All good with me.

Also Browning I'd take Julio. You already have Mariota at QB, who I'd be happy with as my QB1 and you'd have arguably the best RB and a top 3 WR.

Actually suppose it depends, who is likely to be there in either position come R3?

Browning
22-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Bell isn't my keeper, he's someone else's, so I don't have him.

The plus to taking Brees is I would be well and truly set at QB. QBs dominate this league, the guy who won it last year took Rodgers in R1 and Brees in R2. I'm leaning towards Brees if it plays out how I expect, especially because Brady and Ryan are both keepers. I'm happy with Mariota, but I need 2 starters.

Browning
22-08-2017, 06:47 PM
I tried simulating both scenarios on Fantasy Pros, and obviously the realism isn't great, and I had to manipulate some picks.... but this was what I ended up with in the first 6 rounds (which gives me my 2nd QB, 3 WRs and 2 RBs)

Brees
AJ Green/Mike Evans
Freeman
Hopkins/Cooks
Robinson
Gurley

Julio Jones
Luck
Hilton
Demaryius Thomas
Demarco Murray
Crowell/Zeke

I don't see Zeke falls to there, and I'm not sure I'd avoid RBs that long... but that's roughly what I was looking at.

Gray Fox
22-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Group 1 for me in that case.

Brees is much more likely to stay fit than Luck who is even injured now.

Browning
22-08-2017, 07:54 PM
Yea, I can't read too much into it, because for example in draft 1 I got Freeman in Round 3 but he wasn't there in draft 2, and I'm not sure my pick would have impacted that, but I am leaning towards Brees at any rate. I wouldn't mind Green/Evans over Julio as much as being forced to settle for Luck over Brees.

Dan
22-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Yeah, if you can get Brees & then still have Evans or Green that's definitely the way to go.

Browning
22-08-2017, 08:23 PM
I'm not convinced that I can looking at it because the AI picks in between me taking Brees and taking AJ were:

Julio, Wilson, Nelson, Winston, Cousins and then the pick that will be Bell in my draft.

Can't see someone taking Nelson over Green/Evans so scratch one of them for that.... guess it just depends how much people panic on QBs once Rodgers and Brees go so early.

We shall see.

Dynasty draft may be moved to Thursday if I can get confirmation from 2 more guys.... if so... :drool:

Browning
22-08-2017, 10:05 PM
One of my other leagues (I have too many... I need to cut some, probably this one) just released it's keeper list. Some of these....

My Team: Matt Ryan (13th) and Kirk Cousins (6th)
The Order: Tom Brady (5th) and LeSean McCoy (4th)
Ogre: Jimmy Graham (7th) and Isaiah Crowell (24th)
Killadelphia: DeMarco Murray (6th) (chose to keep only one player)
Rawls A Blunt: Derek Carr (9th) and Amari Cooper (4th)
Mordor Maniacs: Ben Roethlisberger (3rd) and Kyle Rudolph (25th)
Charles In Charge: Tyler Eifert (15th) and Michael Crabtree (14th)
Super Mariota Bros: Le'veon Bell (2nd) and Marcus Mariota (8th)

Dan
24-08-2017, 06:55 PM
i got autodraft'd last year and i think i at laest made the playoffs

i'll sign up tonight, sorry again.

You signed up yet, Bruh?

Browning
24-08-2017, 08:31 PM
59 minutes til my dynasty draft :drool: (Not that I'm counting....)

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-08-2017, 08:50 PM
One of my dynasty drafts (a new one) seems to be going to be held this Saturday at 3:30am Spanish time (where I am until the second).

I've asked for a change but if it doesn't come I'll have to leave.

Not a fucking chance I'm letting a dynasty go on auto.

Browning
24-08-2017, 09:11 PM
I've got the number 6 pick and the guy in 2nd has already told me he's taking Evans... unless the guy in 1 fails to take OBJ. Not sure what I'm hoping for now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-08-2017, 09:13 PM
http://walterfootball.com/fantasycheatsheet/2017/Traditional/Dynasty

That's what I use but search for some Dynasty rankings.

Bell is still that high because obviously you can keep him forever.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-08-2017, 09:17 PM
http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/15698900/mike-clay-top-240-dynasty-fantasy-football-rankings-nfl

This again but I feel that he's downgrading a lot of rookies, whereas I personally upgrade them.

Dynasty can be a minefield.

Browning
24-08-2017, 11:30 PM
Personally I think I smashed it.... but here's what I got (only an 8 team league):

Starters:
QB- Luck
RB- Bell, Howard
WR- Cooper, Hopkins, Robinson
TE- Henry
Flex- Watkins, Allen
K- Prater
DST- Carolina

Bench:
Derrick Henry, Kirk Cousins, Mark Ingram, OJ Howard, Corey Coleman, Ameer Abdullah, Mike Williams, Gio Bernard, Sterling Shepherd, Kenneth Dixon, Kevin White, Austin Hooper, Tyrod Taylor, TJ Yeldon, Jacksonville

Left it very, very late on Kicker and DST and have to make do with what was there.... but I think the team was worth it.

Gray Fox
25-08-2017, 12:30 AM
Every time I see Bell I assume he's been around for ages. That he's still only 25 I just can't seem to take in.

That's a quality starting RB corps. I also like the pick of Hooper.

You seem to have done really well picking up a balace of being young and being good.

bruhnaldo
25-08-2017, 01:22 PM
You signed up yet, Bruh?

FUCK. I'm gonna put a reminder on my phone.

When I get off work I forget all about it my bad.

Browning
25-08-2017, 04:46 PM
You can tell they draft happened late and lasted until almost 1 by the fact I took Yeldon as my last pick forgetting he had lost the job...

Oh well I'll likely bin him off once waivers clear although I can stick luck and Williams on IR for the time being if I want to pick anyone up.

Let me know what you think when you get a chance Mahow.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Went to leave the new dynasty league on my phone today and accidentally dropped my old one.

No idea what the owners email is so I'm fucked.

Browning
25-08-2017, 11:19 PM
One of my dynasty drafts (a new one) seems to be going to be held this Saturday at 3:30am Spanish time (where I am until the second).

I've asked for a change but if it doesn't come I'll have to leave.

Not a fucking chance I'm letting a dynasty go on auto.

There was a guy in our league on Auto Draft.... but he turned up in the later rounds to grab some guys I've never heard of. :D His team is truly shite:

QB- T.Brady
WR- M.Crabtree, J.Edelman, T.Hill
RB- D.Murray, B.Powell
TE- J.Reed
Flex- T.Kelce, J.Maclin
K- Gostkowski
DST- Houston

Bench- M.Stafford, E.Lacy, A.Dalton, J.Doctson, M.Wallace, J.Conner, J.Williams, J.Kerley, T.Gabriel, J.James, T.Williams, A.Vinatieri, C.Boswell, Seattle, Dallas

Dan
25-08-2017, 11:26 PM
I love that J. Williams could be at least three different players :D

Browning
25-08-2017, 11:29 PM
Jamaal Williams, RB, Green Bay.

No idea.

Oh and in other news... the time between the draft finishing and me getting my first BS trade offer was about 1 minute. The guy I've mentioned before was telling me for ages in the draft that I should take Woodhead to "handcuff" Dixon (obviously, injured players need handcuffing big time). I passed on Woodhead for a few rounds after that (I believe he first mentioned him during round 21-22) and then he went and drafted Woodhead in round 24 and proceeded to offer him to me for Ingram, my round 12 pick. Yea..... that's gonna happen.

Dan
25-08-2017, 11:33 PM
One of the three RBs they drafted this year because they aren't convinced by Ty Montgomery. I can't even remember who the third is (Aaron Jones is the second), but it's looking like there's potential for a Giants-esque backfield shitstorm there this season, especially when you consider they also still have Ripkowski, who will probably get some short yardage/goal-line touches.

Giggles
25-08-2017, 11:41 PM
Barring injury Montgomery will get the vast majority of snaps.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-08-2017, 11:48 PM
James Conner has a seriously brilliant story.

He was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma whilst getting rehab for a MCL tear when he was 20.

He was still practising whilst undergoing chemo, finished in May last year (College offseason) and then played in all 13 games averaging 5.1 YPC with 16 TD's plus 14.4 YPR and 4 TDs.

Jamaal Williams is the only unknown there for me.

Dan
25-08-2017, 11:49 PM
Doesn't Ty have the same sickle cell issue that John Brown has? He's having problems with fumbling & pass protection too, according to a few reports, and although you never really know how accurate those kinda things are, he did fumble almost immediately to start the preseason, and he's already got an injury.

The Jeremy Kerley pick in that team is a pretty bold one, I have to say :D

Browning
26-08-2017, 12:10 AM
He may have to start Kerley now that Edelman died.

Gray Fox
26-08-2017, 12:22 AM
Non-contact knee injuries are always bad news. You can see Edelman throw his leg up to avoid using it instantly.

Apparently Bruce Arians is starting to get the hump with Brown. I mean there's not a lot he can do. Just keep him about as he's a good weapon to have but don't expect him to be there every game.

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-08-2017, 12:23 AM
Joined a league that is in its 4th year and I get two keepers.

The first is obviously Julio but I'm not sure about the second, main options are:

Cam Newton
Martellus Bennett
Greg Olsen
Alshon Jeffery
Jameis Winston

Leaning towards Olsen or Jeffery.

Gray Fox
26-08-2017, 12:26 AM
What rounds? Or are you using another system?

Dan
26-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Edelman potentially out for the season, and now Spencer Ware has a sprained knee. Time for Kareem Hunt's ADP to skyrocket :moop:

Browning
26-08-2017, 10:39 AM
And then Charcandrick West to get the gig.

Browning
26-08-2017, 11:24 AM
I'll be able to add 2 free agents tomorrow, by placing Williams and Luck on IR. Any deep sleepers people recommend for a dynasty?

Dan
26-08-2017, 01:13 PM
Any particular spots you're looking for?

Peterman is probably an okay shout if you're looking for another QB, and Brandon Allen could be a real speculative shot in Jacksonville. As for WR, ArDarius Stewart could be worth a look since someone has to catch passes for the Jets.

Browning
26-08-2017, 02:00 PM
Not overly at this point, I'm happy with most of my positions, but never hurts to have a bit more.

According to Fantasy Pros, the top options for each position would be:

QB- Bortles, Mahomes, Tannehill, Flacco, Trubisky
RB- Foreman, Charles, McKinnon, Joe Williams, Dion Lewis
WR- Perriman, Smith-Schuster, Godwin, Samuel, Floyd
TE- Fiedorowicz, Everett, Butt, Shaheen, Green
K- Catanzaro (wouldn't normally include this.... but he's top 5 allegedly...)
DST- Bengals, Bills (both top 6... but supposedly the Panthers and Jags are 4 and 6... no idea how they arrived at that).

That said the players I consider most interesting right now are probably Hogan (if he's there.... may get waivered) and Robbie Anderson because, as you say, someone has to catch passes for the Jets, and given the PPR factor, he could be worth stashing to see how he pans out. A mate is convinced I need to take Garropollo (sp?) and wait on him but I'm not really fussed by that. Gordon is also an interesting one on the off chance he returns soon.

Dan
26-08-2017, 02:20 PM
QB - Mahomes & Trubisky are both obvious long term plays at QB, and Flacco would provide you a decent alternative to Luck assuming he comes back in time to start the season. Jimmy G could be smart if you can get him, but he's looked a bit wobbly this preseason so maybe he's not quite as ready to be Tom Brady v2 as some think he is.

RB - Joe Williams is probably the one who could end up as a potential long term starter, but Foreman should be solid assuming he gets ahead of Alfred Blue, which he really should. Dion Lewis is a Patriot RB, so fuck knows what'll happen with him.

WR - Perriman is obviously the best play there in the short term, and I'd imagine Curtis Samuel is the best long term play, but none of them are particularly exciting in any format. Hogan is definitely worth a look with Edelman out, but again, it's the Pats so Amendola, Mitchell & Dwayne Allen are all just as likely to get the extra targets instead.

TE - Shaheen & Everett are both high potential players at TE, and Jake Butt has some hope around him too, but Fiedorowicz is a better immediate play.

Kickers are all the same unless you can get one of the three or four consistently good ones, and neither of those DSTs do much for me either. Jags DST is one for the future though, for sure, especially if they can get a QB who doesn't let the other team start every third drive in the Jags redzone.