PDA

View Full Version : What's your earliest memory?

Offshore Toon
01-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Mine is bopping about in one of these bad boys:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/aplus/detail-page/B000WJLKQM_1.jpg

(lol at the baby)

Giggles
01-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Can't remember.

Disco
01-05-2017, 04:56 PM
I don't have any really early ones before about 5 or 6.

-james-
01-05-2017, 05:00 PM
I've always thought i could remember my brothers baptism, where I'd have been about 2 or 3 but it seems a bit early.

The more concrete one is chasing the disco ball lights around the floor in the bar my dad used to run on Naxos when i was about 5.

Offshore Toon
01-05-2017, 05:13 PM
I assume I must have been around 2 in that bouncing thing. I can remember plenty from reception but only one memory from nursery, which was watching Playdays and being wished a happy birthday on the TV (can't remember which show/channel).

Jimmy Floyd
01-05-2017, 05:29 PM
I can definitely remember having this day where I was fixated on saying 'I'm three and three quarters!' all the time, since someone had obviously told me that was how old I was, which would place it in early 1992. I can't remember anything earlier than that for sure, a few flashes but they may well be from photos.

Shindig
01-05-2017, 05:30 PM
I'm guessing some nonsense in nursery or reception. This lass splashing water about that I thought was really funny. Because you do at 5/6.

Disco
01-05-2017, 05:41 PM
I tell a lie, I do remember the sandpit from playschool and the sweet Weetabix lorry that everyone waed to ride on.

Spikey M
01-05-2017, 05:41 PM
I assume I must have been around 2 in that bouncing thing. I can remember plenty from reception but only one memory from nursery, which was watching Playdays and being wished a happy birthday on the TV (can't remember which show/channel).

Only if you were slow as fuck. My little one was in a bouncer at 4 months and out of it by 8 months. They're pointless once they can walk.

Spikey M
01-05-2017, 05:52 PM
On this subject, most childhood memories are fake. As in they are either completely made up, or you think you remember something but you are actually 'remembering' something you imagined after being told about it. So yeah, fuck knows.

Dark Soldier
01-05-2017, 06:06 PM
Crying at the school gates as I didn't want me mam to leave me there due to being scared. Think I was about 14.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Rolling around on those plastic tricycles/cars in nursery/reception.

Lewis
01-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Crying at the school gates as I didn't want me mam to leave me there due to being scared. Think I was about 14.

I used to kick the fuck off every morning when I started primary school because I didn't want to be there all day.

Dark Soldier
01-05-2017, 06:18 PM
I meant to put 4 there ffs. Actual memory I know is one as I've never told anyone else about it was being 5, older brother of a mate convinced me that the big grass hill we used to play on was actually a dead whale carcass that the grass had grown on. Believed that for about two years.

Alex
01-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Being falsely accused by this girl of pushing her off the slide at play school, and getting property shouted at and sent to the naughty table to sit on my own for ages. I was bawling my eyes out. I was completely innocent too, I was nowhere near her. The lying bitch.

I last saw said girl two or three years ago, so a good quarter of a century later, and to say the years had not been kind would be an understatement, so it's good to know karma has got my back.

Raoul Duke
01-05-2017, 06:34 PM

:D

Mine is around 5-ish, and is standard running around in the playground stuff. I remember my sister's birth and Christening pretty clearly too.

CJay
01-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Looking back now I find it hard to tell the difference between actual memories, and stories I've heard told over and over again. I remember a blonde girl chasing me round and round in playschool wanting to kiss me. I was having none of it. That would make me either 3 or 4, so 1995/1996.

Spoonsky
01-05-2017, 06:59 PM
My dad getting pulled over for speeding in Texas and the way the police lights looked from the backseat. Sitting in my crib while my parents told stories. Some fountains in Rome - those are the most vivid. A couple years ago found a photo of one of the precise moments that I remembered from the Spanish Steps, was a real mindfuck to see the memory confirmed in full color and from a different angle. That was the summer of 2002.

Reg
01-05-2017, 07:09 PM
I think mine might be waiting with my Mum while my brother and Dad were in the kitchen putting the finishing touches to a pirate birthday cake. :cool: 3 or 4 years old.

But memories from when I was 6 or older are a lot clearer.

Pepe
01-05-2017, 07:11 PM
Having a hard time with this. One that comes up is very early school days (so 4, 5? I have no clue) when one day I had my backpack on but it had a strap that was tied around my waist (I think my father tied it for me) sort of like a seatbelt. The teacher asked me to remove my backpack but I couldn't undo the knot so the teacher chimped out and left me sitting there on my desk while everyone else went fuck knows where. Pretty sure I was crying.

If I am miserable, it is all her fault.

Ian
01-05-2017, 07:27 PM
Tumbling down the stairs at the age of about 3. I can remember when our dogs fought and ended up smashing into a mirror and one was cut too. When I came down the next morning he'd gnawed the bandage off and gone out to bark at cats, bless 'im.

Offshore Toon
01-05-2017, 07:53 PM
Only if you were slow as fuck. My little one was in a bouncer at 4 months and out of it by 8 months. They're pointless once they can walk.
Shit, you're right. My mate's kids didn't use a bouncer past 10 months, so I reckon mine is a #FakeMemory. Nursery it is.

ItalAussie
02-05-2017, 01:26 AM
Building a large man and a small man out of Duplo in front of a fireplace. That pegs it as being between two and three years old.

Mazuuurk
02-05-2017, 07:11 AM
Some fuzzy, early memories of playing around in preschool.