PDA

View Full Version : Paris Shooting

randomlegend
20-04-2017, 11:15 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/20/europe/champs-elyses-in-paris-closed/index.html

Has anyone posted anything on this yet? Or are we so desensitised we aren't even discussing this shit any more?

Smiffy
20-04-2017, 11:17 PM
Desensitised for sure. Even the dead baby on the bus wasn't that shocking.

wullie
21-04-2017, 07:54 AM
We were only staying in almost the exact area it happened a week ago, found it weird to see police and soldiers just casually wandering about fully armed.

Dquincy
21-04-2017, 12:46 PM
Dont be that guy, Wullie.

wullie
21-04-2017, 01:11 PM
You've lost me.

Smiffy
21-04-2017, 01:12 PM
We would have lost you too if it happened last week.

RIP Wullie.

wullie
21-04-2017, 01:14 PM
I do count myself very lucky I didn't train in the French police force.

Byron
21-04-2017, 01:14 PM
We're off to Paris next week ourselves. #Ialmostdied #survivor #harrowing

Giggles
21-04-2017, 02:09 PM
I was in Euro Disney in 1993. I'm lucky to still be here.

Bartholomert
21-04-2017, 07:57 PM
The officer killed was a gay man who has spent time volunteering in Greece to help refugees.

How many more deaths is it going to take?

Magic
21-04-2017, 08:03 PM
Isn't 'what it takes' exactly what 'they' want?

Lewis
21-04-2017, 08:04 PM
If Sky News was anything to go off, the priority in France is that the FAR RIGHT don't get to make anything out of it. Forget the dead bloke.

Pen
21-04-2017, 08:21 PM
The officer killed was a gay man who has spent time volunteering in Greece to help refugees.

How many more deaths is it going to take?

How's the first part relevant? Didn't the attacker open fire at a vehicle that had lots of police officers in it?

Also what's your solution? Round up all the muslims and tell them to fuck off and then not let any muslims in?

I fail to see your point with your posts regarding this topic.

Giggles
21-04-2017, 08:25 PM
How's the first part relevant? Didn't the attacker open fire at a vehicle that had lots of police officers in it?

Also what's your solution? Round up all the muslims and tell them to fuck off and then not let any muslims in?

Bingo.

Lewis
21-04-2017, 08:36 PM
France could just ramp up its much-vaunted secularism to such a extent that it becomes very, very difficult to be overly Islamic in France, forcing half of them to piss off to Belgium or give up (alternatively, they could all just fester on benefits even more, and none of the women will ever leave the house again).

Bartholomert
21-04-2017, 08:54 PM

I made a long detailed post on this topic once upon a time. In a nutshell, end immigration tomorrow, implement aggressive assimilation efforts, propose enticing repatriation programs, and ride it out for a few generations.

GS
21-04-2017, 08:56 PM
I don't see what viable options are open for the French in dealing with it in the short to medium term.

Lewis
21-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Voluntary repatriation is a great idea in theory, but surely unworkable in this day and age when people can seemingly come and go with complete ease, and all without the authorities having any idea. You could just take the bung and slunk back in.

Pepe
21-04-2017, 11:47 PM
France could just ramp up its much-vaunted secularism to such a extent that it becomes very, very difficult to be overly Islamic in France, forcing half of them to piss off to Belgium or give up (alternatively, they could all just fester on benefits even more, and none of the women will ever leave the house again).

They've been trying for a while now. Doesn't seem to be working.

phonics
22-04-2017, 12:11 AM
Agressive assimilation is an interesting turn of phrase.

Queenslander
22-04-2017, 02:51 AM
If they are willing to play Rugby Union we will take them.

Shindig
22-04-2017, 05:29 AM
I made a long detailed post on this topic once upon a time. In a nutshell, end immigration tomorrow, implement aggressive assimilation efforts, propose enticing repatriation programs, and ride it out for a few generations.

"YOU PLAY NICE WITH THE FRENCH KIDS. OR ELSE YOU'RE GROUNDED."

Is this how it happened to you, Mert?

Giggles
22-04-2017, 05:30 AM

Play nice or fuck off, more like. Man's got a point

Pen
22-04-2017, 10:02 AM

My solution would be forcing world peace and then riding that out for a few generations, so we're not that far off in terms of the realism of our solutions.

Bartholomert
23-04-2017, 08:04 PM

My parents enshrined in me an appreciation for liberal Western democratic values and their supremacy over the values of our country of origin; that's why we moved in the first place. They wanted me to be American and to love the country for all the opportunities and freedoms it offered our family. I am genuinely very very grateful and proud to have been born where I was born. I don't think other parents teach their children these values, and instead teach them that assimilation is treason to their 'race' / religion*, I know plenty of Turkish families with exactly that sort of attitude (although we are generally much better than other Muslim countries at assimilating, especially the educated secular Turks).

*The more religious / Muslim they are, the greater the family pressure against assimilation is in my experience. It's that simple.

Dquincy
06-06-2017, 02:46 PM
I'll just bump this.

No need to start a new thread, sadly.

Dquincy
06-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Stand down, just a fella with a hammer.

Pleb
06-06-2017, 03:13 PM
That's a bit :cab:

Shindig
06-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Stand down, just a fella with a hammer.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvz-XUIB4iGN3kM_zczK7mGeP2EQxEWlyLtFHJIVL9s_OM0Sij