PDA

View Full Version : TTH WEREWOLF House of Cards - The Rise of Burnham

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

niko_cee
02-10-2015, 02:45 PM
The candidates weren't really 'narrowed down' as that suggests Burnham is one of those three, which is not necessarily the case. The real narrowing occurs when Burnham votes or they forego their kill.

P_3
02-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Didn't really know what to call it. Secondly nominated? Put up for lynch vote?

7om
02-10-2015, 03:02 PM
So are we spreading THE SIX out amongst the three nominees or what?

Mazuuurk
02-10-2015, 03:17 PM
You can't really vote until the town has decided who it wants to kill, as per THE PLAN. Hence my abstention suggestion. I don't see how it is any different from intentionally voting away from the crowd, really.

Of those three, as I have said, I'm inclined towards Vim or Browning. Browning seems less dense so maybe he's better kept around on the off chance neither of them are bad guys. I suppose it's 50/50 (actually 60/40) that Burnham is in the nominations. I not voting though (or leading the vote), so it's up to the rest of you to decide.

Yeah I'll just leave it then.

It makes me ever so slightly nervous to not use my vote on anyone, since I'm actually nominated myself and may not be able to cast it later if I really need to. But I'll just leave it in your capable hands and hope you don't lynch me. I suppose my vote wouldn't matter much anyway if you set your mind to it.

Mazuuurk
02-10-2015, 03:18 PM
So are we spreading THE SIX out amongst the three nominees or what?

Wait, we are? I thought we were abstaining.

7om
02-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Oh, the six are abstaining and everyone else just votes for who they want? Fine by me.

niko_cee
02-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Yeah, we either don't vote, or vote for the losers, to work out who Burnham is (as he will either vote for the winner or no night kill). The easiest way to do it is to not vote. Although there is the very real possibility that we (being those in this chosen six) are the only people actually playing the game, so there could be no votes at all. Catastrophic triple lynch/narrator led massacre.

Mazuuurk
02-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Yeah let's just vote and spread them evenly like before. With how few votes there were the last time around, we need the voting keep the game alive if nothing else. There's also the fact of the fewer the votes, the larger the influence of the non-Burnham wolves if they do vote, right? Although it wouldn't surprise me if they were amongst the non-voters either.

Maz - Vim - Browning

SvN
02-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Maz - Vim - Browning

As per the nomination.

niko_cee
02-10-2015, 03:31 PM
No, no, no, no, no. You're signing your own death warrant by doing this (edit @ Maz). What if the town choose Vim and more than one of us get on him?

There aren't enough candidates to spread 6 votes around without risking being on the winning side - considering about 10 people usually vote.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Maz - Vim - Browning

Disappointed that Niko isn't here too as Burnham is either him or Maz.

Ian
02-10-2015, 03:44 PM
I like the cases against Maz and Vim but should I vote Browning to spread it out?

7om
02-10-2015, 03:47 PM
So if Maz has gone and broken the 'no vote' pact should we just screw it and THE SIX spread their votes out?

Boydy
02-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Maz - Vim - Browning

Niko should've been up too. I'm surprised no one seconded my nomination. Of these three, I think Vim is the most suspicious.

niko_cee
02-10-2015, 03:53 PM
No, as long as nobody else votes (of the six) then the theory still holds.

That was supposed to have 7om's post quoted.

:cab:

One vanilla villager can get themselves in the clear by backing the winning horse and there being no night kill, but as soon as more than 1 does that it falls apart.

Mazuuurk
02-10-2015, 04:04 PM
OK just popping in now again - on my way out but - Should I retract my vote then?

I'll just leave it, have to run, since you're saying it should be fine, Niko.

Demerit
02-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Maz - ]Vim - Browning

Thought Mahow made some sense earlier in the nomination, but I can't actually remember what was said now.

Regardless, I'll go with it.

Matt
02-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Maz - Vim - Browning

As I mentioned earlier I think Vim is the most suspicious of the 6 possible who could have been Burnham.

Im out now for the evening. Lets try and follow niko's plan and not mess up

The Merse
02-10-2015, 04:34 PM
Oh my god Merse hahaha.

You'll have our roles, look at your sent PM's.

Also I like Mahow's theory.
The cap is 50 items so I've had to delete everything a couple of times over. :(

Browning
02-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Ok, I'm fine with not voting if that's what has been decided, so long as Merse isn't going to start kicking people out for not voting.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-10-2015, 04:59 PM
How about you all grow a pair and do whatever the fuck you want rather than pandering to a few individuals with a 'plan for the town'.

Those fucking individuals who are playing you like puppets could very well be fucking wolves and you're lapping it up.

The Merse
02-10-2015, 05:01 PM
Ok, I'm fine with not voting if that's what has been decided, so long as Merse isn't going to start kicking people out for not voting.

I'll be looking at activity levels over the weekend, just not voting for a round won't see anyone killed off. Non-engagement will, a brief glance suggests only one or two anywhere near that.

Bloody usual suspect #1 mind......

The Merse
02-10-2015, 05:03 PM
So we're at 3-3-0

Keep a running tally from here on, please.

Browning
02-10-2015, 05:08 PM
Personally, I'd like to see Vim go. He's been bugging me since the start of the game, and I think he's the most likely wolf, having appeared on both lists. However there's a good case to be made for Maz too. I don't feel strongly enough about either to risk voting for them in these circumstances. It seems one of them will go, and I'm happy with that outcome.

niko_cee
02-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Mahow is the biggest wolf going here. He didn't stick with original plan, which worked flawlessly. He's hounded Pepe, a decent villager out, now I'm in line when Burnham doesn't vote for the kill tonight and I don't either. Bear this in mind. Whatever the outcome, it is better for the town if none of the potential Burnham's vote. Unless 5 get on the winning ticket and Burnham doesn't. Let's see how well that works.

Vim
02-10-2015, 05:46 PM
I'm prepared not to vote in order to aid the town in finding Burnham, but come 9pm I'm going to vote to save my own skin. Think that's best.

Pleb
02-10-2015, 05:47 PM
Maz - Vim - Browning

3-4-0.

The Merse
02-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Fairly ill, in bed and likely to fall asleep before write ups.
So - the voting has been extended to 12pm tomorrow afternoon to give me time to write up kills etc.
Sorry chaps, been battling a cold that's getting worse all week and now just need to give in a bit for a night.:violin:

7om
02-10-2015, 07:09 PM
12pm is 7am here so it's safe to say I won't be awake for it.

CJay
02-10-2015, 07:25 PM
Maz -Vim - Browning

4-4-0.

Ian
02-10-2015, 07:41 PM
Maz - Vim - Browning

As I said before, I see the cases against Maz and Vim but I think I 'like' Vim for this more. I don't think any of the three have done anything overtly suspicious but of the cases we have I find Vim's the most compelling, such as it is. Or least compelling, whichever way you want to see it.

4-5-0.

Not that I know if I'm entirely comfortable with Browning getting off so easy but voting for him might be more trouble than it's worth.

Mazuuurk
02-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Ok I'm back. This isn't working out right. We're meant to spread the votes, guys.
Since we're getting some extra time (can people sort themselves out and vote, please?) :

Maz - Vim - Browning

I would like to change my vote from Player X to the one now indicated above.

I.e. - NOBODY

I'm probably getting myself killed here (:moop:), but I'd rather try to do this properly.

EDIT: this still just means everyone else suspected should be spreading the votes. To avoid a double or triple kill I'd suggest getting a vote or two more on Vim then giving Browning a few votes...

Panda Bear
02-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Oh, look at that. Mazuuurk is hoping to get two people lopped off by switching his vote around.

I wonder why?

Panda Bear
02-10-2015, 08:23 PM
Maz -Vim - Browning

5-4-1. Evenly spread votes always favours the wolves. Double lynches are disasters.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Oh, look at that. Mazuuurk is hoping to get two people lopped off by switching his vote around.

I wonder why?
As he is Burnham he can create a split and have them both killed too...

Mazuuurk
02-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Christ :facepalm:

How does changing my vote to Browning possibly benefit me in any way? You realize It greatly increases the risk of me dying myself, Mahow? In which case - if I would indeed be Burnham - I wouldn't even get a kill for it...

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-10-2015, 08:46 PM
I had a brain fart there, apologies.

I blame my lack of sleep.

niko_cee
02-10-2015, 10:06 PM
I've no idea what Maz is doing here.

niko_cee
02-10-2015, 10:10 PM
That said Panda and Mahow, how interesting.

Mazuuurk
02-10-2015, 10:12 PM
I'm trying to spread the votes - which was the original idea - since nobody was voting for Browning (which I don't understand). It seems I'm going to get lynched for it., though.

niko_cee
02-10-2015, 10:16 PM
Spreading the votes is phase 1 of find Burnham. Phase 2 is to have everybody accused of being Burnham not vote for the person who gets lynched, so Burnham has to either choose to have no night kill, or to reveal himself. The potential Burnhams spreading their votes around is dumb. You'll let the wolves have a kill, and probably still only have a 50-50 at getting him next turn.

Encouraging other Burnhams to vote should probably be a burn(ham)able offence. I take it back if you were right Mahow.

7om
02-10-2015, 10:24 PM
This is falling apart at the seems. THE SIX do not vote and everyone else keepit tight and stay calm. It's not difficult.

Mazuuurk
02-10-2015, 10:32 PM
Spreading the votes is phase 1 of find Burnham. Phase 2 is to have everybody accused of being Burnham not vote for the person who gets lynched, so Burnham has to either choose to have no night kill, or to reveal himself. The potential Burnhams spreading their votes around is dumb. You'll let the wolves have a kill, and probably still only have a 50-50 at getting him next turn.

Encouraging other Burnhams to vote should probably be a burn(ham)able offence. I take it back if you were right Mahow.

I thought you said it didn't matter if I had voted as long as no one else did, but I can just retract my vote then?

Edited my vote-change to nobody. It should make the current score:

5-4-0.

I'm still dying just as much, of course :moop:

niko_cee
02-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Well, I guess not. As the one voter I was thinking it is best you side with the winners, and thereby seal your fate as either Burnham or not Burnham. But then I thought maybe the wolves could forego a night kill voluntarily and that would fuck everything up, so, yeah, I don't know. Probably stay off the winner and hope Burnham breaks? Not being on the winning vote is no different to not voting.

Mazuuurk
02-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Jesus christ man just tell me what the fuck I'm supposed to do here :D

niko_cee
02-10-2015, 10:39 PM
I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just trying to explain what would make sense. DON'T VOTE FOR THE WINNER is the best I can do. There are other permutations, but they are too complicated.

niko_cee
02-10-2015, 10:41 PM
I didn't clock that post and vote edit.

Dear lord.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-10-2015, 10:50 PM
Jesus fuck.

Either Maz is playing an incredibly good game to shift all attention from himself or he's the worst wolf in history.

I'm now pretty damn sure that Niko is Burnham.

CJay
02-10-2015, 11:03 PM
This is falling apart at the seems. THE SIX do not vote and everyone else keepit tight and stay calm. It's not difficult.

Dunno about this. Purposefully not voting seems kind of wrong to me.

CJay
02-10-2015, 11:04 PM
Day 2. Jimmy was lynched and turned out to be Burnham 1. Night 2. Corbyn was found by wolves but couldn't die because of his friends. Farage resurrected Hammer.
Day 3. Hammer was lynched for the second time to try and track down Burnham 2. Night 3. Pepe was killed by wolves. Matt replaced Magic.
Day 4. Burnham candidates, Maz, P_3, Niko, Browning, Vim and 7om were narrowed down to Maz, Browning, Vim. Voting has opened for which one of them gets lynched.

Thanks for this, btw. Although its still a bit confusing. I need to spend Sunday re-reading the thread I think

Panda Bear
03-10-2015, 12:23 AM

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just trying to explain what would make sense. DON'T VOTE FOR THE WINNER is the best I can do. There are other permutations, but they are too complicated.

I'm behind on a lot of what's happened this week due to work.

Is my voting on Mazuuurk plan a-okay or no? Or am I supposed to switch to Vim? Or what?

Who are THE SIX?

Panda Bear
03-10-2015, 12:31 AM
Fuck, maybe I should just withdraw and let someone take my place. It's not like this is going anywhere for me.

7om
03-10-2015, 12:48 AM
Purposely not voting is pretty crap, I agree, but this is what implementing the new rule has done to it.

niko_cee
03-10-2015, 06:19 AM
It isn't ideal, but seeing as half the participants don't vote anyway (for no good reason) it is kind of necessary. I'm not quite sure why, if you were interested in the likelihood of the good guys winning, you would have a problem with this approach. I'm sure it 'doesn't feel right' for other parties as it has given the town an actual mechanism to find wolves outwith the seer, or buy time for said seer, in the alternative.

Mazuuurk
03-10-2015, 07:45 AM

Jesus fuck.

Either Maz is playing an incredibly good game to shift all attention from himself or he's the worst wolf in history.

Well as things stand I'm still getting lynched either way so it doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing. I can't even 'protect' myself by voting for Vim because all that does is increase the risk of a double lynch.

niko_cee
03-10-2015, 07:57 AM
Just wait to see how things develop towards the voting deadline. If you are innocent there is no harm in voting to save yourself, even if it means being on the winning side, unless Burnham gets in with you. As you say, at the moment there is no point in you voting, although I don't know how your vote switch/withdrawal is treated. Hopefully someone might be along to vote before lunchtime - who is left? Toby, Igor and Byron of the non-sixers?

Mazuuurk
03-10-2015, 08:06 AM

Jesus fuck.

Yeah. Well, even if my withdrawal doesn't count, my vote would be on Browning and still kind of useless.

Vim hasnt voted either though and I'm guessing he'll also vote to protect himself if he has to...

niko_cee
03-10-2015, 08:58 AM
It might sound a bit callous but the priority in this round of voting is to either catch Burnham, or deny the wolves a stab at Jeremy (or A. N. Other) tonight. Not self-preservation. If we don't find him I imagine I will have to endure the same in the next round, and will be equally frustrated/exacerbated. C'est la vie.

Toby
03-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Maz - Vim - Browning

Because there may be no more to vote before 12pm and voting Vim could cause a double.

6-4-1

Mazuuurk
03-10-2015, 09:16 AM
Well I thought it was pretty obvious I'm not acting in the interest of self preservation here. I just think Vim is a better candidate for lynchibg than myself (obviously).

niko_cee
03-10-2015, 09:18 AM
I think you are right but it would appear the town has spoken.

Vim
03-10-2015, 10:36 AM
Just to make sure, none of the possible Burnhams have voted, as we planned?

Mazuuurk
03-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Well, I'll chuck my vote on Vim anyway then. Its still no double lynch but if Tobes and someone else change their vote to him it should be fine...

Maz - Vim - Browning

Cant find the blue fortmatting on my phone...

Vim
03-10-2015, 10:45 AM
I think that running vote count is wrong, no-one voted for Browning.

niko_cee
03-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Maz did at one point, I think. He's almost managed to vote for everyone, including nobody.

niko_cee
03-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Count is currently 6-5-0 (With Maz's vote for Vim). Watch Burnham turn up now and double it, and get a wolf kill.

niko_cee
03-10-2015, 11:00 AM
Is that time then?

Browning
03-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Well it should be closed now. I've got a feeling it was Maz. He was becoming erratic towards the end. But we will see.

niko_cee
03-10-2015, 11:03 AM
I really thought you were going to drop the double then, Browning. Seeing as we were both watching this thread like a hawk, it would have made sense for either of us to have tried the double, if we were Burnham.

Unless either Vim or Maz is a wolf, I suppose.

Vim
03-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Count is currently 6-5-0 (With Maz's vote for Vim). Watch Burnham turn up now and double it, and get a wolf kill.

I was ready to prevent a double with my vote.

I'm glad we were able to follow the plan and that I was able not to vote. Let's hope we got an interesting target in Maz.

SvN
03-10-2015, 11:05 AM
I'm a bit behind still, but I feel absolutely lost here. I've no idea what to expect from this lynching, nor do I know what the plan was this round.

niko_cee
03-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Yeah, let's hope he's Burnham. I'm not convinced, but he has gone a bit mental. When are we looking at write-ups?

Thinking about it, if he was Burnham, he would have voted for himself as the writing was on the wall. So he isn't.

niko_cee
03-10-2015, 11:06 AM
I'm a bit behind still, but I feel absolutely lost here. I've no idea what to expect from this lynching, nor do I know what the plan was this round.

To deny the wolves a night kill, which we should have done, as none of the 6 Burnhams voted for Maz.

Vim
03-10-2015, 11:09 AM
I think that as a group, we've grown too suspicious for 'going mental' being a viable playing strategy. It just gets you killed early.

Mazuuurk
03-10-2015, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the game, boys :)

niko_cee
03-10-2015, 11:10 AM
Sadly the best way to play is to sit in the shadows and do nothing, as has ever been the case.

Vim
03-10-2015, 11:14 AM
Speaking of which, is there any way on the new board to see that window with the stats on the number of posts by a user in a thread?

edit: never mind, I've found it (http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=161).

SvN
03-10-2015, 11:14 AM
Indeed. Even Panda (who I had totally forgotten was playing) has seemingly adopted this tactic. Fair play, it's worked for him. I can't remember him lasting this long in quite a while. He's usually dead by round 2.

The Merse
03-10-2015, 11:54 AM
Hi Chaps

Sorry, just awake - fell asleep at 8ish last night then proceeded to have a night of 3 hour naps at a time. Anyway - up now. Will read through to validate everything, check PM's, etc and get the write ups done asap.

The Merse
03-10-2015, 12:10 PM
The Daily Telegraph

Secrets spilt after Richard Burgon uses the wrong bin…

Richard Burgon found his position under threat last night after being identified as responsible to a huge data breach. Burgon is alleged to have drunk several glasses of gin with Gordon Brown in his office on the night led to his failure to dispose of documentation correctly.

The Merse
03-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Waxy new veteran Andrew Neil had just received a note. Halfway through The Sunday Politics, he’d just discovered that an influential Labour MP had been hounded out by own party.

He was to broach the subject with Diane Abbott, another highly influential figure, and one of Corbyn’s close allies.

‘Diane, I hate to interrupt your fifth sermon of the week on representation of black women in Parliament, but I need to ask you if you’re aware of the goings on in your own party today?’

Abbot looked on blankly, stuck somewhere between ignominy and curiosity. It was hard to tell.

‘You speak of unity under Jeremy Corbyn, of making the wider party work together, then you’ve hounded out one of your own?’

‘Andrew, I have not… Look, we’re not hounding anyone out, some of my colleagues have made the decision to leave the party and others simply fail to grasp our vision for consensus politics…’

‘Diane, does that apply to Tom Watson?’

Spluttering, Diane Abbot now looked enraged

‘Tom? What do you mean Tom? Well, I guess he must have…’

‘I’m not sure you or anyone in your party really know what’s going on, I’d suggest it’s chaos. I’m hearing that a revolt is being quelled’

‘I resent that Andrew’

Michael Portillo was rather enjoying this. His orange face beaming beside her.

‘Well Diane, let me tell you that Andrew Gwynne has resigned today, after meetings with your party leaders office. What exactly does that say about unity in the Labour party, that a senior member of the shadow cabinet is informed by me – moi! On TV?’

Instantly, she was calmed. Abbot knew what this meant: ‘It says we’re getting on with it, Andrew. It says, a little more pain, a lot more gain’

Mazuuurk was Andrew Gwynne, ally of Andy Burnham

It is day, nominations are open until midnight, voting across all of Sunday up until 9pm.

Ian
03-10-2015, 12:47 PM
Sadly the best way to play is to sit in the shadows and do nothing, as has ever been the case.

The last few games I've been at least nominated quite early.

This time, where I've not been able to participate as much as usual, I've barely had a mention.

It's benefitting me but it's still infuriating.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-10-2015, 12:47 PM
I fucking told you dickheads.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-10-2015, 12:50 PM
I nominate niko_cee (first nomination)

The first to jump on the Jimmy train when he was likely to get the chop and he's so forceful in plans which the town are happy to listen to, I feel he is a wolf attempting to pull townspeople strings and they are lapping it up.

I'd also like to see some who aren't as active on the ballot.

P_3
03-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Why didn't Maz vote for himself? Just threw away a night kill. :cab:

Boydy
03-10-2015, 12:57 PM
What about Vim then? Maz voting for him at the end might well have been a wolf trying to provide cover for another wolf.

Toby
03-10-2015, 01:01 PM

He either wasn't Burnham and was just another wolf or, more likely, wants us to think that so we go after others in the list. Or they're aware we'll think that and he is bluffing.

Whatever the case, the wolves are having a shutter so far but I almost wonder if they're just happily chucking a couple Burnhams at us to throw us off the others long term.

Byron
03-10-2015, 01:04 PM
I'm more inclined to go with Toby's logic, don't think Vim is a wolf.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-10-2015, 01:05 PM
What about Vim then? Maz voting for him at the end might well have been a wolf trying to provide cover for another wolf.

He also voted 5th for Hammer in the first round, who provided votes 6 and 7? Maz and finally Jimmy.

He also voted for Jimmy during his death but then changed to Toby.

Ian
03-10-2015, 01:05 PM

Because he was a Burnham chum, not Burnham, no?

Boydy
03-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Because he was a Burnham chum, not Burnham, no?

IF he was Burnham, the role would've moved to someone else and he'd have been outed as a Burnham chum so we can't be sure.

Boydy
03-10-2015, 01:11 PM
How many wolves are left? Three?

Toby
03-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Should we look to flip things on their head and ask the five others on the Burnham shortlist to vote one way, then spread votes among others so that person gets lynched? Not sure how many are still in the game, would that need four or five nominees?

Probably a tough ask to coordinate though so maybe we're best to just rattle on with whatever other suspicions we have.

Vim
03-10-2015, 01:15 PM
He also voted 5th for Hammer in the first round, who provided votes 6 and 7? Maz and finally Jimmy.

He also voted for Jimmy during his death but then changed to Toby.

The vote change was because I misunderstood the PLAN.

The way I see it is Maz trying to save his own skin.

niko_cee
03-10-2015, 01:16 PM
Ooft. What's the timescale for next phase? Nominations until 3 tomorrow?

Vim
03-10-2015, 01:18 PM
I'd also like to see some inactives being nominated, but I'm afraid that if someone had an important role they wouldn't be inactive. You never know, though.

P_3
03-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Let's run with Maz not being Burnham, hence the no night kill. Which leaves us with Burnham amongst THE FIVE. Considering everyone opposed the idea of 7om being Burnham, this really leaves it between Vim and Niko (Browning seems safe to me due to Maz nominating him when he could have nominated me or 7om). Considering Vim had 5 voters, one or two of whom possibly being wolves, should that exempt him from being Burnham? This naturally leaves Niko, who I'll be honest has come across as very helpful and truthful, but at the same time Mahow's logic does make sense. Hmm.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-10-2015, 01:28 PM
And that's why plans don't work, people hide behind them...

Vim has made himself look so much more guilty in my eyes.

Vim
03-10-2015, 01:30 PM
Mahow how have I made myself look much more guilty? Because I followed the no-vote plan? Just asking.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-10-2015, 01:33 PM
Claiming that something that makes you look suspicious (changing from Jimmy to Toby who had no votes) has been done all because of 'the cause'.

It's an easy out.

Vim
03-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Oh. Well I have no response to that because really I did it because I didn't understand what I was supposed to do. It was a mistake on my part, whether you take it to mean either stupidity or guilt is just personal opinion.

Boydy
03-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Let's run with Maz not being Burnham, hence the no night kill. Which leaves us with Burnham amongst THE FIVE. Considering everyone opposed the idea of 7om being Burnham, this really leaves it between Vim and Niko (Browning seems safe to me due to Maz nominating him when he could have nominated me or 7om). Considering Vim had 5 voters, one or two of whom possibly being wolves, should that exempt him from being Burnham? This naturally leaves Niko, who I'll be honest has come across as very helpful and truthful, but at the same time Mahow's logic does make sense. Hmm.

No night kill doesn't mean Maz wasn't Burnham. He didn't vote for himself (the lynchee) so they didn't get a night kill.

7om
03-10-2015, 02:38 PM
I presume nominations are open until Monday sometime?

P_3
03-10-2015, 02:42 PM
No night kill doesn't mean Maz wasn't Burnham. He didn't vote for himself (the lynchee) so they didn't get a night kill.

I think I was going off the fact that if he was Burnham he would have voted for himself to ensure they'd get the night kill.

Browning
03-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Not necessarily. The vote was fairly close so he did have some hope Vim would die in his place. Really we don't know if he was Butnham or not.

niko_cee
03-10-2015, 03:22 PM
The vote was close, but the die was cast, he was clearly going to die when Toby went on to him.

I was thinking that the write up would have had a more Burnhamy feel to it had he been said scouser, but I guess first time we knew because of the way Jimmy voted and the night kill, not the story. Might have to go back and re-read.

I am genuinely surprised Maz turned out to be a wolf. I thought his actions were way too mad for that. In that regard I suppose he played it well.

If it is the case that he wasn't Burnham, then that is confounding on a number of levels. I really didn't think they would put two wolves in the winning vote boat considering what was going to be the strategy on the following turn - ie only nominate potential Burnhams. Having more than one wolf in the Hammer voters doubled (or increased by a factor of the number of wolves) the odds of the next phase going badly, as it seems to have.

Maz was online late enough to realise a double wasn't going to happen without outside assistance, which wasn't going to be forthcoming. He could have voted for himself. There would have been no downside to doing it if he were Burnham. I was watching the last few minutes very closely, as was Browning and, also apparently Vim, although I didn't notice him in the also viewing this thread bit until after the deadline. Now, if I were Burnham, I would have tried to double Vim out. I don't think I will necessarily survive this round, so that would have killed an innocent (?) and given a night kill (this would be assuming the wolves hadn't been even more insane and stuck 3 in the Hammer votes). The other two watching had the choice as well. If Browning was Burnham he could have done it, but that would have outed him and he has been under little pressure, so I doubt he would risk it. If Vim was, he couldn't, because he would have to have killed himself to make it work, which would be a bit of a one step forward, two steps back kind of thing.

Toby
03-10-2015, 03:33 PM
Just catching up and lolled at this:

I really thought you were going to drop the double then, Browning. Seeing as we were both watching this thread like a hawk, it would have made sense for either of us to have tried the double, if we were Burnham.

Talk about trying to mould perceptions.

niko_cee
03-10-2015, 03:42 PM
I was expecting him to do it (assuming both Maz and Vim to be likely innocents). 2 dead, and a night kill to biff Corbyn would have put the wolves in a strong position.

Demerit
03-10-2015, 04:00 PM
I nominate niko_cee (second nomination, first nomination by Mahow)

I followed Mahow in on the nomination of Mazuurk last round and it paid off so fully willing to follow his theory on this one too.

niko_cee
03-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Looking back at Jimmy's death, the prefaced bit about Andy made it clear he was Burnham. So, absent that this time, it would appear Burnham is still at large among the 5 remaining Burnhams, which would fit with Maz not voting for himself. I am happy to abide by the same plan again (ie not voting for the lynched person), and you can choose to kill me if you wish (if you think it is better to have a landslide candidate) although you should be aware that when you kill me, Corbyn will be vulnerable. Now, if Burnham is still in our midst (our being the 5 remaining Hammer voters) then he will have to choose to out himself to kill Corbyn tomorrow. Cameron should be able to abate that, but who knows what he would do.

Now, ideally I'd prefer not to be biffed, as I'd rather kill Burnham in the next phase, as opposed to simply being the bait to draw him out, But who to suggest?

I reiterate, if I were Burnham, I would have chanced a late vote on Vim to kill him and get a night kill.

The Merse
03-10-2015, 11:03 PM
Ermmm...

Is this it?

One nomination?

It is day, nominations are open until midnight, voting across all of Sunday up until 9pm.

Fuck it. Get the nominations in in time for Monday then...

niko_cee
04-10-2015, 06:28 AM
Sorry, totally didn't notice that. I assumed they would be open until 3pm today. You could probably still do a normal 3pm/9pm schedule, although things are slow with it being a weekend.

Or you could just kill me to punish the town for being feckless idiots.

niko_cee
04-10-2015, 06:42 AM
Anyway, this is a long shot considering it will need 8 other people to do something, but if we believe Burnham is sill at large amidst the 5 remaining Hammer voters, I suggest we put them all up for nomination and then repeat the draw out Burnham vote process. For this it would be better if the town had a clear target so we can vote the other way (and not abstain as that does feel a bit cheaty). I don't mind being the person people vote for, although if you could pay attention and try to save me if one of the other Hammer voters (ie Burnham) does try to get on board for a night kill, I would appreciate it. Worst case scenario you kill a vanilla villager and deny the wolves another night kill - which is more investigations for Murdoch and Jezza.

To this end, of the other potential candidates, I find it odd that Burnham didn't try to make it a double. Browning was online and could have done it, as was Vim, apparently, and so was I. Of those three only Vim had an obvious motivation not do do it, ie he is Burnham, there would be no point in killing himself in the double to get a night kill. I think the motivation for me to try it would have been strong as it seemed likely I would be in jeopardy in today's voting phase. Of course, the reason it wasn't attempted could also be because Burnham wasn't online to do it. Which would have been negligence in the extreme but that's the way they seem to be playing it.

I nominate Vim (first nomination)

Byron
04-10-2015, 06:52 AM
Vim really isn't a wolf. I just can't see it.

Byron
04-10-2015, 06:53 AM
However, I do think we need to lump on Niko and have the FIVE vote the other way

Matt
04-10-2015, 08:12 AM
I nominate vim (2nd nomination)

We need some more people up. I thought vim was Burnham in the last round of voting and I've not seen anything to make me change my mind since.

Ian
04-10-2015, 09:31 AM
I didn't realise there were people still in the game who've actually posted less than me. What's the score on this front, are we focussing our efforts around the Six or is it worth nominating some of my comrades in inactivity to see if they squeak when we poke them?

Vim
04-10-2015, 09:36 AM
To this end, of the other potential candidates, I find it odd that Burnham didn't try to make it a double. Browning was online and could have done it, as was Vim, apparently, and so was I. Of those three only Vim had an obvious motivation not do do it, ie he is Burnham, there would be no point in killing himself in the double to get a night kill. I think the motivation for me to try it would have been strong as it seemed likely I would be in jeopardy in today's voting phase. Of course, the reason it wasn't attempted could also be because Burnham wasn't online to do it. Which would have been negligence in the extreme but that's the way they seem to be playing it.

I nominate Vim (first nomination)

I think that there is a pretty big flaw with your argument there. If I were Burnham, I would have just voted Maz early on in the voting round, justifying it by saying that it makes it less likely that I die. If I were Burnham, not voting for Maz (not voting at all actually) would be a big waste of a night kill, in my opinion.

niko_cee
04-10-2015, 10:08 AM
Then we would know you are Burnham.

Burnham didn't vote. They did waste a night kill. My point was Burnham could have taken another person down by using the double. He would then be out, but would be able to vote for himself tomorrow (today) and maximize their night killing.

SvN
04-10-2015, 10:09 AM
I don't want to ruin the spirit of the game or anything, but it's pretty obvious Matt's a wolf. Are we just pretending we don't know or what? Or is it actually only me that's realised it?

What's the case against niko, exactly?

P_3
04-10-2015, 10:18 AM
I don't want to ruin the spirit of the game or anything, but it's pretty obvious Matt's a wolf. Are we just pretending we don't know or what? Or is it actually only me that's realised it?

Care to elaborate? He's pretty much passed me by.

Vim
04-10-2015, 10:30 AM
Then we would know you are Burnham.

I don't understand this. How would people suspect I'm Burnham if I vote for the only candidate other than me that has a chance of being lynched?

Ian
04-10-2015, 10:39 AM
I think I know what SvN is alluding to but at least in my game and possibly others there have been examples which would contradict it.

Vim
04-10-2015, 10:42 AM
I seem to have missed it SvN.

edit: I think I might have got it too, actually.

Boydy
04-10-2015, 11:17 AM
I don't get the Matt thing. Someone explain.

Demerit
04-10-2015, 12:19 PM
I'm also lost with Matt.

Being cryptic doesn't help..

Ian
04-10-2015, 12:23 PM
I assume he means he thinks Magic would have just been modkilled or ignored if he didn't have a role and wanted out. I don't think this is necessarily the case. I made a change for a non-role and I don't see why you wouldn't if you had a replacement available.

Even if it does mean he has a role it also doesn't necessarily make him a wolf, does it?

Toby
04-10-2015, 12:27 PM
It's a comments outside the game-thread issue, I assume. Magic had a post elsewhere after he was removed. Unless there's something else I've missed, in which case SvN should expand, but it would be a shame to target Matt based purely on that.

I'm more interested in him and Igor's inhibitions about actually contributing to the game at all.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Because Magic moaned like a little bitch, was replaced (would you replace a villager?) and hasn't posted once since taking over from Magic.

Edit: And the out of thread comments that Toby alludes to.

Ian
04-10-2015, 12:41 PM
I replaced a villager. The wolves immediately killed the replacement. :uhoh:

Am I the only one who's ever bothered?

Toby
04-10-2015, 12:49 PM
Nah I'm sure that's happened a few times before, I don't see any reason to be suspicious of that at least.

I would say at this point, there's no harm in voting to get rid of Matt or Igor as they're doing absolutely nothing. To save it being a timewasting kill, we have the five potential Burnhams vote for whoever we decide to lynch, and split everybody else's votes out evenly. Then we can know for sure if Maz was Burnham or we just got lucky with another wolf.

Is it 18 still left in? If so we'd need five nominees for that plan to work.

Ian
04-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Works for me.

I nominate Matt (first nomination.)

P_3
04-10-2015, 01:10 PM
I'm actually quite unsure of Niko being a wolf now. Cast your mind back to when he and Maz nominated Jimmy. Would two wolves really run the risk of associating themselves with each other as well as with fellow wolf Jimmy? One, sure, but not two of them. Too much risk for not that much gain. This makes me think that if Maz wasn't Burnham then it has to be either Vim or wait for it, 7om.

Vim
04-10-2015, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty sure Maz was a regular wolf rather than Burnham.

That said, let's just do this:

I nominate Matt (second nomination)

When does voting start?

I'm actually quite unsure of Niko being a wolf now. Cast your mind back to when he and Maz nominated Jimmy. Would two wolves really run the risk of associating themselves with each other as well as with fellow wolf Jimmy? One, sure, but not two of them. Too much risk for not that much gain. This makes me think that if Maz wasn't Burnham then it has to be either Vim or wait for it, 7om.

I've highlighted why it would not make sense for me to be Burnham.

P_3
04-10-2015, 01:20 PM
I nominate 7om (first nomination.)

Going to give it another go. He said he knew he was voting late for Hammer and still voted for Hammer. Stated that he was ensuring the prevention of a double lynch, but anyone who would have caused the double would have just been killed the following day. Niko gets off for nominating Jimmy alongside Maz, awfully risky ploy to pull off. Browning gets off for being nominated by Maz. Vim is already up.

P_3
04-10-2015, 01:33 PM
If I were Burnham, not voting for Maz (not voting at all actually) would be a big waste of a night kill, in my opinion.
But voting for him and getting a night kill would just confirm to everyone that you were Burnham as you'd be the only one of THE SIX who had voted for the winner. As it is, this turn you're just part of THE FIVE rather than THE ONE.

SvN
04-10-2015, 01:40 PM
I wasn't prescriptive because as Toby mentioned, it was an out-of-thread thing - but I reckon Magic gave it away, really. If Matt was contributing then it would be harsh, but as is, I can't see the harm in getting rid.

Vim
04-10-2015, 01:44 PM
But voting for him and getting a night kill would just confirm to everyone that you were Burnham as you'd be the only one of THE SIX who had voted for the winner. As it is, this turn you're just part of THE FIVE rather than THE ONE.

Ah yes I see that.

niko_cee
04-10-2015, 03:18 PM
If Matt is a wolf then the game is a bit busted. He's probably Sturgeon and Magic was trolling whoever saw whatever it was.

Matt
04-10-2015, 05:20 PM
There hasn't been much contribution required. We've had a set nominating/voting strategy each round.that along with a busy month end at work and a busy weekend at home have led to a lack of activity.

If you have any questions you want answering let me know and once the kids are in bed I'll try and answer them.

Matt
04-10-2015, 08:32 PM
nothing?

Ian
04-10-2015, 08:53 PM
Nine posts is still very few. Have you had no opinions on anything at all?

niko_cee
04-10-2015, 08:57 PM
In fairness, 90% of posts in this thread have been explaining to Vim how the Burnham voting to get a night kill mechanism works.

Ian
04-10-2015, 09:04 PM
Hah. :D

Vim
04-10-2015, 09:09 PM
Fair enough.

Matt
05-10-2015, 07:34 AM
Nine posts is still very few. Have you had no opinions on anything at all?

Out of the 6 potential Burnhams in the last round I thought Vim was the strongest candidate and nominated and voted for him. Now that group is down to 5 I still think is the most likely to be Burnham and so have again nominated him.

The quite structured, methodical way the game is being played doesn't lend itself to wild speculation and opinion. If we do carry on down this route, once this Burnham has been found and we open the net again there are a couple of people I think are playing the game in a very different manner to what they usually do.

Toby
05-10-2015, 11:07 AM
I think that's three nominated with 7om not yet seconded. If we're going with the plan to figure out if we still have a Burnham in the game, we need five up for the vote (in theory, we probably won't since we've not yet had a round where everybody actually voted).

In the interests of having another name up there, and because it annoys me that he's literally done nothing so far:

I nominate igor balis (first nomination)

Browning
05-10-2015, 11:40 AM
I nominate 7om (Second nomination. 1st Nomination by P_3)

We need names on the ballot. It pretty much comes down to that. There's slightly more reasoning for him being there than Igor. I've not really been following the thread over the last couple of days due to being busy but I should be able to catch up properly now. Toby says we need names in order to prove there's no Burnham left (well, obviously there's one SOMEWHERE, but I assume he means in THE FIVE (formerly known as THE SIX) so in the interest of clearing any suspicion from me (as I'm still on the list) let's get some people up.

7om
05-10-2015, 03:06 PM
So I make it Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om up for the vote. Should we have opened them by now?

Toby
05-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Yeah was meant to open at 3pm. Feels like a lot of people have lost interest though. Fuck know's who to vote for out of those four but I'm assuming any strategy is out the window at this point.

Browning
05-10-2015, 03:18 PM
It does indeed feel like it's slowing down, which is a shame because I think the mechanics of this game have been good and made it different to the usual ones.

Is there a strategy for THE FIVE? Because I'm happy to follow whatever.

Byron
05-10-2015, 03:20 PM
I say we lump on Matt and the other five vote elsewhere.

niko_cee
Isn't it fairly clear (from the story) that Maz wasn't Burnham? Jimmy's had a little Andy's worried preface which makes sense within the wider story of Burnham being spared at the cost of another wolf, without that, and without Maz voting (for himself) to get a night kill it seems more likely than not that Burnham remains at large within THE FIVE. Would be nice to see some activity.

Vim
The last couple of days really have been slow.

I'm going to look into the various votes of the nominees and see who is most likely to be a wolf, unless obviously it's best to do something else to narrow down a Burnham. To be perfectly honest I'm tired of plans I think that's one of the reason that the game has slowed down, it's basically gone to game theory rather than intuition.

edit: and I agree with Niko, I'm pretty sure Maz was not Burnham.

Toby
My one can't really work without five nominees, unless we expect/encourage somebody not to vote. So we can either go with the plan we've used already of spreading the votes in a bid to find Burnham, or we can just fuck it all off and vote for whoever we like.

Browning
05-10-2015, 03:30 PM
I'm happy to not vote if it helps.

P_3
05-10-2015, 03:34 PM
How does your five nominees plan go, Toby? Does it need to consist of THE FIVE?

Toby
05-10-2015, 04:03 PM
How does your five nominees plan go, Toby? Does it need to consist of THE FIVE?

Yes. The five might-still-be-Burnhams would vote for the lynchee, and the rest of the votes would be split out evenly. If the five followed the plan, we would know for certain if Burnham was among them. But it can't work without five nominees (or abstained votes) because there are still 18 of us in the game (I think?).

niko_cee
05-10-2015, 04:07 PM
The other plan is better as it provides kill denial as well, to an extent, or will provide a new field of Burnhams, I suppose. I would quite like to be able to vote this time. Abstaining is a bit dull, but I'll hold off until there is either a plan, or no plan decision. I would say plan, and we five vote for one of the non-lynch candidates.

Browning
05-10-2015, 04:09 PM
If the 5 would be Burnham's vote for 1 guy and everyone else piles on someone else to kill them off, that will answer the question. However it seems redundant. A better plan is probably to split the votes in order to find a new Burnham shortlist, and if any of THE FIVE are on that shortlist then I guess we kill them?

Toby
05-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Yep, that makes more sense. With that in mind:

Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

niko_cee
05-10-2015, 04:18 PM
The Matt situation is tricky.

It is certainly the most efficient town strategy to pile on him and try to draw Burnham out. I'm just not sure it is the most moral/fair method.

Browning
05-10-2015, 04:20 PM
Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

The downside, of course, if is Burnham isn't one of the 5 he might be able to hind behind one of the 5. I'll just hope I can avoid that happening to me. Who are the other members?

0-1-1-0

Will change my vote later if need be.

Browning
05-10-2015, 04:20 PM
The Matt situation is tricky.

It is certainly the most efficient town strategy to pile on him and try to draw Burnham out. I'm just not sure it is the most moral/fair method.

No it isn't. We don''t have a short list for Burnham. Chances are all of the 5 are innocent. Therefore if we pile on someone we're not getting any closer to an answer.

SvN
05-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

Sorry Matt, but if we're just picking someone to vote on then it's got to be you.

Boydy
05-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

Yeah, what SvN said.

Browning
05-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Well, this works for me, because when the Wolves get a kill it'll clear my name.

But... I still think it's stupid.

niko_cee
05-10-2015, 04:26 PM
It seems Matt is the chosen. It will be disappointing if he is a wolf. To keep to the plan of not being on the winning horse

Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

Late Hammer vote. I think it is more likely Vim but this is to spread it about a bit.

P_3
05-10-2015, 04:34 PM
Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

Going to go with my nomination. As unlikely as the wolves were to carry out the same strategy as when Jimmy voted late, you had a choice to vote Pepe but didn't. Sorry 7om.

Vim
05-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

Spreading the votes out as planned.

Ian
05-10-2015, 05:01 PM
Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

Choosing between Vim and Niko in the interests of vote-spreading as of the other two I'd possibly go for Matt and that'd give him a relatively chunky lead already.

It does indeed feel like it's slowing down, which is a shame because I think the mechanics of this game have been good and made it different to the usual ones.

I think there's something in Matt said, regardless of whether he was saying it to cover himself. With a sensible systematic approach to follow there doesn't seem to be much point shouting the odds unless you have an alternative plan. Not saying that;'s the whole story but it possibly is for some people.

niko_cee
05-10-2015, 05:04 PM
I thought it was just us Fivers who were meant to be spreading.

Vim
05-10-2015, 05:21 PM
That's how I read it as well.

Browning
05-10-2015, 05:34 PM
That would be a good plan if Burnham is definitely one if the 5. He's not though so spreading out everyone's votes seems to make more sense.

niko_cee
05-10-2015, 05:36 PM
I'm fairly sure he is still in the 5, going off the write-up.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-10-2015, 05:58 PM
Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

He's a wolf.

P_3
05-10-2015, 06:08 PM
He's a wolf.

So him and Maz both decided to nominate Jimmy?

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Yes, I believe they did.

A double bluff.

You only need 1 wolf to win and the best way to do that is to double cross your team-mates and look like you're all for the town.

Byron
05-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

He's the one I'm most suspicious of.

Matt
05-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

One of the 5 is a wolf and I believe its Vim. Thats all we know for certain at the minute. Im not a wolf and killing me off does nothing but lesser the numbers so Corbyn can be taken out by the wolves.

If I do go this round i'd suggest taking a look at Mahow. Im fairly certain Niko isn't a wolf and has even offered to be the person lynched to try and draw out Burnham yet Mahow is still convinced he's a wolf. He claimed this with Maz as well and was correct because Maz was his wolfy friend. Just above he suggests the best way for the wolves to win is by double crossing each other which is what he did with Maz to gain the towns trust.

What time does voting close? is it 8 or 9? I may change my vote later if it will save me

Demerit
05-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

Sticking with my nomination, as I said, Mahow got it right last round and Niko was his pick this time so I'll go with that.

CJay
05-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

He seems suspicious to me.

The Merse
05-10-2015, 06:51 PM
So, 4-1.

7om
05-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

I can't see Niko being a bad guy, really, but this is self preservation.

6-3-3-2

Boydy
05-10-2015, 06:54 PM
So, 4-1.

What?

It's 5-3-3-2 by my count.

EDIT: 6-3-3-2 now.

Browning
05-10-2015, 06:57 PM
I'm imagining that's the votes of "the 5" although I can't remember who the 5 are, so I'd have to check.

Browning
05-10-2015, 07:00 PM
Nope, it's not that. The 5 are split 2-2-1

The Merse
05-10-2015, 07:13 PM
So, 4-1.

Oh feck. Missed a page. Thought you lot were being quiet.

I basically preferred when you railroaded the first couple so I had hours to do the write up.

Browning
05-10-2015, 07:17 PM
What time does this close now?

Panda Bear
05-10-2015, 07:26 PM
Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

Just gonna do what Niko does.

niko_cee
05-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Oh well, it's only fair you level things up and give the wolves a shot at Corbyn.

Oh look, and Burnham has voted for me as well. Enjoy your death Jeremy.

Panda Bear
05-10-2015, 07:38 PM
Oh well, it's only fair you level things up and give the wolves a shot at Corbyn.

Oh look, and Burnham has voted for me as well. Enjoy your death Jeremy.

is this directed at me?

niko_cee
05-10-2015, 07:39 PM
No, it's directed at the person who has voted for me who is among THE FIVE (ie Burnham).

Panda Bear
05-10-2015, 07:41 PM
oh, you mean 7om then.

niko_cee
05-10-2015, 07:42 PM
:D

Merse has certainly had fun with some of this.

Oh wait, he's voted for me as well. Oops. All the better. You're not even going to have a clear idea of who Burnham is next round.

Boydy
05-10-2015, 07:48 PM
I can't even remember who THE FIVE were now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-10-2015, 07:49 PM
One of the 5 is a wolf and I believe its Vim. Thats all we know for certain at the minute. Im not a wolf and killing me off does nothing but lesser the numbers so Corbyn can be taken out by the wolves.

If I do go this round i'd suggest taking a look at Mahow. Im fairly certain Niko isn't a wolf and has even offered to be the person lynched to try and draw out Burnham yet Mahow is still convinced he's a wolf. He claimed this with Maz as well and was correct because Maz was his wolfy friend. Just above he suggests the best way for the wolves to win is by double crossing each other which is what he did with Maz to gain the towns trust.

What time does voting close? is it 8 or 9? I may change my vote later if it will save me
What?

Maz was pretty much under no suspicion (other than being in 'THE LIST') and then I noticed some dodgy patterns, if I was a wolf I would not have pulled the carpet out from under his feet.

Browning
05-10-2015, 07:53 PM
The 5 are me, Vim, P_3, Niko and 7om. The notion that one of us is DEFINITELY Burnham is flawed, but that doesn't make it impossible.

2 of the 5 have voted for Niko. No idea which one he's pissed at. I'm guessing 7om as he didn't correct Panda, but could be Vim.

7om
05-10-2015, 07:55 PM
Fuck knows what I've done. As Browning has said, the five list may not actually contain Burnham if Maz was him last round.

niko_cee
05-10-2015, 07:56 PM
I did say I thought it was Vim, from a fair while back. Hence why he didn't take the chance to do the double kill when Maz went west (who I still can't really believe was a wolf) - as he would had to have bopped himself in the process. I'm open to suggestion though. Reprieve doesn't seem likely, so good luck.

Vim
05-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

I would like to change my vote from Niko to Matt.

niko_cee
05-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Niko - Vim - Matt - 7om

I would like to change my vote from 7om to the one now indicated above.

:eyemouth:

Byron
05-10-2015, 08:02 PM
:drool:

Vim
05-10-2015, 08:02 PM
Niko's vote change basically defeated the point of mine, which was to prove I wasn't Burnham.

Byron
05-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Also, leave Toby, Igor, Mahow and Vim alone. Sure they're not wolves.

Demerit
05-10-2015, 08:08 PM
So Niko is Burnham and he's just changed his vote so they get the night kill?

Mahow is the oracle. Who next?

And say quickly in case they're killing you tonight.

Vim
05-10-2015, 08:11 PM
Sorry but why does it make Mahow the oracle? Also nice of you to point to the wolves who to kill in case Mahow does know something more.

Browning
05-10-2015, 08:13 PM
Did it close at 9 then? I vaguely remember talk of extending it to 10, but not sure, I might have made that up.

Either way, not much we can do about Niko getting his kill.

Demerit
05-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Sorry but why does it make Mahow the oracle? Also nice of you to point to the wolves who to kill in case Mahow does know something more.

Because he called out Maz last round and nominated him, he was a wolf.

Then he called out Niko this round and nominated him, he was a wolf (probably).

And if they hadn't worked out to kill him yet then they're fucking stupid, which means you might still be a wolf.

The cut off is 9 anyway, I posted at 9.08. I said it in case they've already chosen him.

Vim
05-10-2015, 08:15 PM
I was sure it closed at 9, I might have missed an announcement if it does close at 10.

Vim
05-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Geez Demerit what's your problem? Mahow's not the only one in the game who was suspicious of those two, we'll see tonight (I assume Niko was Burnham and the wolves get their kill) what happens. If Mahow is killed then you might just be right, if not then we gotta reassess in my opinion.

Panda Bear
05-10-2015, 08:34 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if niko is just pissed off that he's getting lynched so he's maximising his exit lols. he's probably not a wolf given how sensibly he was playing up until now

byron's matter-of-fact post about four people definitely not being wolves screams oracle far more loudly than mahow

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-10-2015, 08:39 PM
The Oracle.

I like that :cool:

Matt
05-10-2015, 08:41 PM
What?

Maz was pretty much under no suspicion (other than being in 'THE LIST') and then I noticed some dodgy patterns, if I was a wolf I would not have pulled the carpet out from under his feet.

You said yourself the best way for a wolf to look like a good guy is to double cross a team mate. That however was when I thought nico was also an innocent villager. Seen as though it's now looking like he is Burnham I don't think you would have pulled the same trick on 2 fellow wolves.

P_3
05-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Mahow. :drool:

The Merse
05-10-2015, 09:23 PM
Ok lads. Write ups shortly.

The Merse
05-10-2015, 10:02 PM
More revelations of London Mayors Office Scandals

Weeks after PepeGate, when Ken Livingstone was confirmed as having aided and abetted Mexican Druglords during his time in the London Mayors Office, fresh scandal has emerged after an travelling Dundonian IT and Telecoms engineer took to twitter to expose how a recent two day network outage that had brought down the Mayors Office had occurred.

The Engineers report suggested that IT teams at the office had been forced to remove Firewall restrictions due to senior office workers demands, and that it had led to viruses being contracted from pornographic webcam chat sessions, thought to be originating somewhere in Eastern Europe.

Though the IT vigilante revealed all, he was unable to say whether the offence occured under Livingstones tenure or since he left office, but The Sun understands there are only two candidates, and will stop at nothing to confirm the identity of the true culprit.

Sir Andy Mahowry
You said yourself the best way for a wolf to look like a good guy is to double cross a team mate. That however was when I thought nico was also an innocent villager. Seen as though it's now looking like he is Burnham I don't think you would have pulled the same trick on 2 fellow wolves.

There's double crossing and then there's utterly stabbing in the back for no need.

Jimmy WAS on his way out, Maz despite being on the list was not...

The Merse
Shadow Chancellor Falls on his Sword

Jeremy Corbyn was left vulnerable today as close ally and shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer, John McDonnell was forced to resign. In what appeared to be a witch hunt of sorts, the Hayes and Harlington MP fell victim to his parties moderate element after unveiling his Shadow Budget. Leading economists claimed it as ‘simplistic – the work of a five year old fantasist’ and ‘leading Britain back into the Dark Ages’ following revelations that McDonnell planned to nationalise public transportation and energy whilst instating a minimum wage that meant no business could pay an employee less than 20% of the salary of that of it’s highest earner. Additional measures to tackle tax evasion were labelled as ‘Archaic’ and ‘Uncompetetive’.

McDonnell’s resignation from the shadow cabinet has not seen him leave his seat at Westminster, but nonetheless it is a massive blow to Corbyn, a key powerbroker having been unseated.

Niko was John McDonnell, friend of Corbyn

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Nicely done :D

Well played Niko with the vote change, thought I was spot on for a moment.

The Merse
05-10-2015, 10:09 PM
Somewhere in Palestine

Diane Abbott shuddered with malcontent. She was here in Palestine to visit local officials, and found the whole place rather a drag. Soon, it would be showtime. Time to turn on the outrage, the indignity and the passion for which her peers respected her. Sure, she had a habit of saying the wrong thing now and then, but it was to be expected of a forthright, strong black woman in Politics surely?

Right now though, she was miserable.

She was in a van of sorts, part of a cavalcade of armed vehicles, travelling to godforsaken town to visit some godforsaken hospital 1000’s of miles from home, and all she had for company was the legendary black country shitstirer Tom Watson. No-one could ever have any fun around Tom. He was always off to the papers or launching a commission. He loved the limelight almost as much as he despised doing any of the work to achieve it, rather he was content with slandering his own hard working colleagues regardless of their party.

Now, he was Deputy Leader. Even Harman would have made a better travel companion.

Suddenly, their cavalcade came to a hault.

‘Rat-a-tat’

‘Rat-a-tat’

Had Abbot the first idea about guns, she might have noticed that these were Ak47’s. Of course, not knowing anything about guns didn’t make the implications of those noises any less severe and unsettling.

Within seconds it seemed the firefight was over. The armed escort was only slightly depleated, having largely been blinded by 170 decibel ‘flash bang’ grenades whilst their assailants had moved in on their targets for the kill.

Only the kill never came.

And Abbott, eyes clenched tight, was to emerge unscathed, picked up by an Isreali helicopter around half an hour later.

Tom Watson was nowhere to be found.

It had probably been a bad idea for the Vice President of the Trade Union Friends of Isreal to visit Palestine. Of course, the trip was meant to be a secret, with only senior party members aware of Abbot and Watson’s trip.

Somebody had let the cat out of the bag, and it appeared there was more than one use for the bag…

Ian was Tom Watson, friend of Corbyn

It is day. Nominations by 3pm and Votes by 9pm- I will be at Pub Quiz tomorrow, so no need to rush.

Demerit
05-10-2015, 10:09 PM
Oh you arse haha

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-10-2015, 10:14 PM
Hmm, that kill is interesting seeing as Ian has been fairly inactive.

He probably would have come under fire in a round or two :sherlock:

7om and CJay are the most likely Burnham candidates for me.

P_3
05-10-2015, 10:15 PM
Fuck's sake. Shame we lost niko, he at least made an effort. Ian too.

P_3
05-10-2015, 10:20 PM
7om and CJay are the most likely Burnham candidates for me.

Not sure if serious. 7om is Burnham. Where you've got CJay from, I haven't a clue.

Panda Bear
05-10-2015, 10:29 PM
nailed it with niko going out with a lol. :cool:

let's lynch the fuck out of 7om because, well, it's 7om. burn him/burnham/burnt ham is a tragedy.

i'm the first to nominate 7om so this is his first nomination

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Not sure if serious. 7om is Burnham. Where you've got CJay from, I haven't a clue.

Just because of where his vote for Niko came into it.

I'd be fucking stunned if Tom isn't Burnham though, two times on the list? There's no coincidence.

P_3
05-10-2015, 10:36 PM
The Merse - Any chance we can kill off 7om now before he gets a chance to take someone down with him?

P_3
05-10-2015, 10:40 PM
I would like to nominate 7om (second nomination, first nomination Panda)

He must be Burnham.

Boydy
05-10-2015, 10:48 PM
Who's got the spreadsheet?

CJay
05-10-2015, 10:52 PM
I'm totally lost. Why exactly did Niko change his vote? It would have made sense if he was Burnham, or was he just going to die anyway?

Boydy
05-10-2015, 11:03 PM
I don't really know what's going on any more (not that I had much of a grip on it at any point) and I don't really care either. I just want to see who the other wolves are now.

Browning
05-10-2015, 11:05 PM
He was already dead.

7om isn't necessarily Burnham. It's one of the people who voted for Niko. However given he was one of THE FIVE he's now the most likely.

Vim seems to have a habit of voting for the person who gets offed, and then changing away from them. Not sure that means much, but it's definitely sticking out to me.

I think it has to be 7om here though.

Browning
05-10-2015, 11:12 PM
The NEW 5 are: Mahow, Byron, Demerit, CJay, 7om

So we should probably get another 2 or so from that list up, although I'm fairly sure it'll be a 7om landslide. Obviously we need to let the other 4 have options to vote for, just so we can be absolutely certain.

How many friends of Corbyn are left? I assume he's vulnerable now, but could the Wolves have killed him there, or not?

CJay
05-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Oh. I thought it was some cool play to ensure / prevent a wolf kill tonight. Sadly not.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-10-2015, 11:24 PM
The NEW 5 are: Mahow, Byron, Demerit, CJay, 7om

So we should probably get another 2 or so from that list up, although I'm fairly sure it'll be a 7om landslide. Obviously we need to let the other 4 have options to vote for, just so we can be absolutely certain.

How many friends of Corbyn are left? I assume he's vulnerable now, but could the Wolves have killed him there, or not?
I might be part of 'The Five' but surely, for anyone with half a brain cell, it's painfully obvious who I am by now...

Browning
05-10-2015, 11:28 PM
Yes, it is. The only reason I left you on the list is, regardless of who goes up, I think anyone would be safe. Hell, put me up if you want, because everyone is going to vote 7om.

7om
05-10-2015, 11:51 PM
What in the fuck is going on?

Yes, I've been on the list the last few times but one of those times does not necessarily mean anything because Maz could have been Burnham. Mahow may have been a knob and revealed himself (great job on the Niko train) but is there any reason why the other four cannot be Burnham?

We're getting close to Corbyn being vulnerable so can we just be a little more careful than this, please? Going on a rampage against me is fucking nuts.

Browning
06-10-2015, 01:04 AM
If you're not Burnham, you're last vote was ridiculously stupid. You could have easily voted for anyone else and cleared your name of suspicion altogether.

I don't see as we have a choice really.

7om
06-10-2015, 01:34 AM
How was it more stupid than any of the other people who lumped on Niko? I seriously don't get it.

Byron
06-10-2015, 05:02 AM
Right, I'm serious here. We absolutely must kill Matt. And it has to be this round.

Panda Bear
06-10-2015, 05:24 AM
Right, I'm serious here. We absolutely must kill Matt. And it has to be this round.how the fuck are you not dead yet? are the wolves that bloody stupid or do you have some special merse-esque protection?

according to mr oracle, the following are confirmed villagers: toby, igor, vim, and mahow. the following is confirmed a wolf: matt. we know with as much certainty as we can from cross-referencing that 7om is a wolf too.

so we'll vote to lynch 7om or matt this round. 7om or matt will end up voting one of themselves dead so that they can guarantee a night kill (i think that's how it works due to burnham switching), and then byron if they've any sense will be killed at night. then we have another round to lynch the fuck out of the remaining one of the two, they'll vote themselves dead so that they can guarantee a night kill, and then we get to play a classic game of werewolf.

i'm too lazy to do this right now because i'm watching sex and the city with my girlfriend (samantha just got roger or whatever to agree to be exclusive and miranda had some wedding shower), but someone like browning or pepe can figure out the logics for how to minimise burnham in the round after this.

Toby
06-10-2015, 05:35 AM
Double lynch! Double lynch!

Panda Bear
06-10-2015, 05:38 AM
oh, yeah. let's do that.

Toby
06-10-2015, 05:52 AM
So I guess:

I nominate Matt (first nomination)

Vim
06-10-2015, 07:23 AM
I nominate Matt (second nomination)

Vim
06-10-2015, 07:26 AM
Vim seems to have a habit of voting for the person who gets offed, and then changing away from them. Not sure that means much, but it's definitely sticking out to me.

I did it for a very specific reason this round. It would have been a waste of votes for the actual Burnham if the town thought I was Burnham, which could have well been the case since I voted for the person who was lynched quite a few times. So, since Niko was in the lead by several points, I decided to wait until voting was almost over and change my vote to someone else. I am not Burnham, and me looking like Burnham would just be a distraction for the other villagers and certainly do more harm than good. (some will to survive also came into it ofc)

Matt
06-10-2015, 07:49 AM
Double lynch! Double lynch!

see you at 10.59pm then

The Merse
06-10-2015, 07:51 AM
Right, pub quiz is off so a return to 9pm for voting as a couple of players also expressed concerns that they wouldn't be around at 10/11ish. Sorry to mess about, were it a couple of hours later I wouldn't do so.

So - to reiterate 9pm voting ends.

P_3
06-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Byron. :cool:

Might as well start planning for the last wolf. Boydy?