PDA

View Full Version : Which ones are the baddies?

Offshore Toon
19-02-2017, 09:00 PM
Inspired by a question a former colleague asked a few years ago.

Dquincy
19-02-2017, 09:02 PM
You what? On here?

Edit: oh, there's a poll.

Jimmy Floyd
The Irish Republic are the baddies, mainly because of Eamonn de Valera. They've done their best to redress the balance in the last 25 years, but there's a long way to go.

Giggles
Inspired by a question a former colleague asked a few years ago.

Where?

Offshore Toon
19-02-2017, 09:03 PM
You what? On here?

Edit: oh, there's a poll.
You browsing on mobile?

Adamski
19-02-2017, 09:03 PM
The Irish Republic are the baddies, mainly because of Eamonn de Valera. They've done their best to redress the balance in the last 25 years, but there's a long way to go.

This was funnier when I couldn't see the poll on mobile and assumed this was a random (correct) answer.

Giggles
19-02-2017, 09:04 PM
We fucking need polls on mobile by the way.

Adamski
19-02-2017, 09:04 PM
We've already established he's a cunt.

Giggles
19-02-2017, 09:06 PM
What's the context of the question anyway? It doesn't really make any sense, though on here you're going to get A by default.

I'll give NI its only vote, mainly because I think 99% of them are absolute cretins of people.

Baz
19-02-2017, 09:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4ZHBfo1j-A

Boydy
19-02-2017, 09:26 PM
The correct answer is C - Britain.

They made the fucking mess in the first place.

Giggles
19-02-2017, 09:28 PM
I'm still not getting the context. Do people in England think that the countries of Ireland and Northern Ireland are involved in some kind of war with each other? Do they actually think that's what the whole thing is?

I know the school system over there is piss poor but, Jesus.

Giggles
19-02-2017, 09:29 PM
The correct answer is C - Britain.

They made the fucking mess in the first place.

That's why you're in the 1%.

Offshore Toon
I think it's just the home counties that are pretty much all wankers. And the Welsh, but they're not capable of doing anything with it.

Raoul Duke
Most people just assume it's something to do with Leprechauns vs. Gerry Adams. I think there's some kind of magic cereal involved? Fuck knows.

Offshore Toon
19-02-2017, 09:31 PM
I'm still not getting the context. Do people in England think that the countries of Ireland and Northern Ireland are involved in some kind of war with each other? Do they actually think that's what the whole thing is?

I know the school system over there is piss poor but, Jesus.
This girl wasn't schooled in England. I'm pretty sure that she won't have been taught anything about Ireland if she asked such a question when there was an Irish (baddy) guy on our team. Just funny, innit.

Magic
19-02-2017, 09:37 PM
You forgot the AskReddit prefix.

Spammer
19-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Northern Ireland aren't 'bad' as such but they are a bunch of mincers.

It's hard to know what exactly they stand for. They're not quite Irish but nobody in the rest of the UK really sees them as anything else. They're like the slaves that gradually came to love being told what to do, and can't do anything by themselves any more. When you see the unionists with their Union Jacks it's as though they're just too stupid to realise that nobody in the rest of the UK really gives a shit about them, and it's just embarrassing for everyone involved.

At least Ireland have broken free of their shackles have stuck at it on their own.

Giggles
19-02-2017, 10:04 PM
The problem with NI now is that two countries don't want anything to do with it, but the same two have to look like they do for historical reasons.

Pick some old time northern English steel town that's basically stuck in 1974, then imagine if it was a country where everyone hates each other.

GS
19-02-2017, 10:17 PM
The south, obviously.

The Irish 'government', such as it was, signed the Treaty giving the six counties the option to 'secede' from an independent Ireland when it broke from the union. They did so, at which point the south claimed jurisdiction anyway and provided sanctuary to the 'RA bombing the place to try and circumvent the democratic process which might have led to unification through non-violent means.

Not that it matters anymore, anyway. 63% to 22% in recent polling, so you're all stuck with us for a good while to come. Still, I suppose you have to give Sinn Fein somewhere to channel their efforts without their needing to phone in a recognised codeword.

Spammer
19-02-2017, 10:18 PM
Nobody wants you though. Can't you just float off to Greenland or something?

GS
19-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Nothing which concedes the point in any way to the Shinners should be countenanced, if only because it would be impossible to cope with Gerry Adams thereafter.

Giggles
19-02-2017, 10:36 PM
Nobody wants you though. Can't you just float off to Greenland or something?

I'd be all for sinking it completely. Even if we had to sacrifice some of our north to go down with it, it would be a sacrifice worth making.

ItalAussie
19-02-2017, 11:21 PM
Nothing which concedes the point in any way to the Shinners should be countenanced, if only because it would be impossible to cope with Gerry Adams thereafter.

I spent longer than I'm proud of trying to work out what Shindig had to do with anything.

Smiffy
19-02-2017, 11:25 PM
Which one has Belfast? :cool:

Lewis
20-02-2017, 12:02 AM
Ireland, obviously.

Henry
20-02-2017, 03:46 PM
The Irish 'government', such as it was, signed the Treaty giving the six counties the option to 'secede' from an independent Ireland when it broke from the union.

The treaty was signed under threat of "immediate and terrible war". One can see how they would feel justified in trying to unpick some of the parts that they didn't like afterwards. If DeValera and company are to be denounced, then it must be for the reactionary policies that they imposed upon the country for several decades.

And of course "the baddies" are all over the place. More of them than there are good guys.