View Full Version : The Boxing Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-09-2015, 06:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4WGRosQIiY

Seriously? What the fuck?

five time
23-09-2015, 06:44 PM
He's a fucking nutcase. I'd love it if he somehow manages to win.

The gash at the end though :drool:

SincereTheRebel
04-11-2015, 10:10 AM
There is a boxer fighting today for anyone that cares. His name is cesar cuenca and he is from argentina in the lightweight 140 pound division. He is currently 48-0-2NC with 2 knockouts. I know, only two knockouts. He is fighting outside of argentina for the first time today. I dont know anyone who has ever seen him fight but ill try and tune in and give some type of recap.

Povetkin is also fighting today agains a much bigger, taller opponent. When he beats him, he is being fed to wilder.

niko_cee
21-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Anyone watching the Crolla fight tonight?

Hopefully they have some non-North American judges.

Boom-Boom
21-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Is that on Sky Sports?

I want to try and watch Cotto - Alvarez.

niko_cee
21-11-2015, 11:06 PM
Yeah, SS1, starting now.

niko_cee
21-11-2015, 11:37 PM
The Yank judges probably still have Perez ahead.

I always think body shot KOs look a bit funny.

Lewis
21-11-2015, 11:45 PM
Tyson Fury is growing on me for some reason. I think having a British champion must out-weigh having a dickhead gypo champion, because it can't be anything else.

SincereTheRebel
22-11-2015, 08:52 AM
In pretty dull fight, canelo decesions cotto and abraham decesions murray.

Kikó
22-11-2015, 09:08 AM
Great to hear Crolla won. Anyone got a link to the fight so I can watch?

Fury being the new champion would be brilliant. He's such a daft bastard, it's hard to dislike him. Haye's coming back as well apparently.

niko_cee
22-11-2015, 09:08 AM
Abraham looks like how I imagine Vladimir Putin sees himself in his mind. Wish someone would stove his giant German head in, but Murray didn't really have the power to bother him.

I'm also part of the "Fury's growing on me camp". I always thought he was just a bit of a useless gypo pleb, but, as it turns out, he's actually a proper mental. Should be an interesting fight at least next weekend.

SincereTheRebel
24-11-2015, 12:41 PM
Canelo was the deserved winner against cotto. I didnt have it as wide as the judges had it as they only gave cotto 2 rounds.

Its Klitschko vs Fury this weekend and there is an ongoing issue right now about Fury's gloves as allegedly they dont fit him properly. Klitschko has picked the gloves for him which i feel is harsh but thats what you can stipulate in contracts these days. Fury claims, he isnt wearing gloves that hurt his hands and will not fight unless its resolved.

Klitschko wins by savage brutal beating.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-11-2015, 02:36 PM
Fury is threatening to pull out of the fight because the ring's canvas is too soft :cab:

John Arne
28-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Surely these things are regulated?

Boom-Boom
28-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Fury is threatening to pull out of the fight because the ring's canvas is too soft :cab:

I've never seen a canvas like it.

https://twitter.com/asifvali/status/670592277950111744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Obviously the fight will go on but he has every right to be annoyed at this.

John Arne
28-11-2015, 02:48 PM
What time is the fight scheduled to start?

Boom-Boom
28-11-2015, 02:48 PM
10PM UK Time.

John Arne
28-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Cheers.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-11-2015, 04:28 PM
Fight is on and they're putting a new canvas on the ring.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/34954253

Boom-Boom
28-11-2015, 09:32 PM
Advert breaks on Box Office events really piss me off. I could live with one an hour or so but we've had 3 in the past 20 minutes.

GS
28-11-2015, 09:42 PM
Help a brother out.

Magic
28-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Klit wrapped his own hands apparently.

Boom-Boom
28-11-2015, 09:49 PM
What the fuck is this.

Lewis
28-11-2015, 10:08 PM
This is the best entrance ever.

Lewis
28-11-2015, 10:13 PM
And this is the worst national anthem ever.

leedsrevolution
28-11-2015, 10:33 PM
God boxing is boring sometimes.

Smiffy
28-11-2015, 10:37 PM

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-11-2015, 11:04 PM
:yawn:

Thank God for streaming is all I can say, you'd be miffed paying for this shower of shit.

Indeed.

Pleb
28-11-2015, 11:09 PM
Who won?

Lewis
28-11-2015, 11:09 PM
They'll rob him here.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-11-2015, 11:10 PM
I think Fury has this :|

Lewis
28-11-2015, 11:12 PM
You beauty. :cool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Jesus, he's actually done it.

Mental.

I hope he goes full retard now in everything he does.

Gray Fox
28-11-2015, 11:14 PM
Fucking hell he's actually done it.

GS
28-11-2015, 11:14 PM
He deserved that.

Waffdon
28-11-2015, 11:15 PM
Lol

Nick
28-11-2015, 11:16 PM
He's actually fucking singing. :D

Smiffy
28-11-2015, 11:17 PM

Waffdon
28-11-2015, 11:18 PM
What a guy

Shindig
28-11-2015, 11:18 PM
Alright, this is a great time to be alive.

leedsrevolution
28-11-2015, 11:24 PM
This chump represents Britain? Furious.

Tyson furious.

Kikó
28-11-2015, 11:28 PM
The man with the name for boxing is now heavyweight champion. Love the pikey bastard.

Disco
28-11-2015, 11:29 PM
I don't watch boxing very often but this was great.

niko_cee
28-11-2015, 11:40 PM
Fucking brilliant. That is all.

Lewis
28-11-2015, 11:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CU710SrWsAA4Jze.jpg

Manc
29-11-2015, 12:01 AM
Can't wait for AJ to knock this gypo off his feet. :drool:

The Merse
29-11-2015, 01:05 AM
It's a difficult win to enjoy. On one hand, I'm glad to see a change at the top - I used to love the HW division growing up, but it's been stale as fuck under the Klitschko's, and I really liked Fury coming through. He was quite humble, but with humour and a sense of enjoyment, as well as enough cheek to give us the circus act stuff we all love really.

But increased exposure has lead Fury to become a bit self-important, and to espouse his (not surprising given his background) abhorrently fundamental christian extremism.

Boom-Boom
29-11-2015, 03:03 AM
It's a difficult win to enjoy. On one hand, I'm glad to see a change at the top - I used to love the HW division growing up, but it's been stale as fuck under the Klitschko's, and I really liked Fury coming through. He was quite humble, but with humour and a sense of enjoyment, as well as enough cheek to give us the circus act stuff we all love really.

But increased exposure has lead Fury to become a bit self-important, and to espouse his (not surprising given his background) abhorrently fundamental christian extremism.

Tyson Fury has always been like that. I went into this fight wanting to see Fury knocked out but the closer it got I started to change my mind. Come fight time I was well and truly behind Fury.

It's great for the heavyweight division and exactly what it needed. There's potentially some big fights now for us UK fans to enjoy. Fury, Haye and Joshua could all have a good old rivalry with one another.

It was a dreadful fight but due to the nature of the fight (underdog doing well) I was hooked. Very happy that I bought it.

John
29-11-2015, 03:11 AM
That wasn't 'exactly what it needed'. It's one seven foot plodder replacing another seven foot plodder.

Anthony Joshua wiping Fury out in two rounds is what the division needs. Ideally that fight would have happened before this one and Joshua would have been the one taking Klitschko down, but this way will do.

Boom-Boom
29-11-2015, 03:17 AM
HW: Tyson Fury
SMW: James DeGale
LMW: Liam Smith
WW: Kell Brook
LWW: Anthony Crolla and Terry Flanagan
FW: Lee Selby
SBW: Scott Quigg and Carl Frampton
BW: Lee Haskins and Jamie McDonnell

Current British boxing champions. Big difference to a few years ago.

niko_cee
29-11-2015, 07:54 AM
There was quite a big detachment of the gay mafia in the pub I watched it in. What's the fucking point? Are they out picketing churches this morning? I would imagine not.

That fight is what the division, or perhaps boxing in general needed. No way I thought that Fury would get the decision, even though he clearly won the fight by a mile. It had classic German split decision all over it (although they are the worst they aren't the only ones who do it). It was genuinely surprising to see it called fairly. That's as big as the deathly dull Klitschkos hopefully being consigned to the bin of history. Does there have to be a rematch or can he go straight to Vegas to fight Wilder? Good to have a Brit hold the division whilst Joshua gets himself to World title levels.

Also, you have to give massive credit to Fury, even if he is a giant idiot. He was a laughing stock not so long ago. Very few people thought he could get to where he is now.

SincereTheRebel
29-11-2015, 10:03 AM
Turns out i dont know shit about boxing.

Fury fought a great fight. Wlad just didnt let his hands go, fury head and waist movement was a joy to watch. Im 99% sure wlad has a rematch clause in there with stipulations on when he can take it. Hopefully they can get him to come to wembley or a UK stadium.

The past two weeks, these legends have let me down. First it was cotto and now wlad. Its about time i accept we are going into a new era in the sport.

John Arne
29-11-2015, 10:09 AM

Are gypsies notoriously religious? I used to live near quite a lot of gypsies and the majority of them acted like utter cunts, which suggested that religion and the lords good word were not exactly at the forefront.

niko_cee
29-11-2015, 10:10 AM
Once Klitschko loses control of the terms of engagement you'd have to think he's even less likely to prevail. If he can't do Fury on points in Germany, and by quite a margin, what chance would he be in England? It would be interesting to see if he could adapt though. Having to change your approach after so many years of the same old shit might be a bit tricky. He did rock him in the 12th mind, so it could end up a good fight with Klitschko actually having to come out and try to win inside the distance. It's probably time to call it a day though. His face looked rough.

Gypos are mega-traditional (if any of those big fat Gypsy programmes are anything to go by) and being of Irish stock they're bound to be nutter Catholics predominantly. Poorly educated too, which is a breeding ground for faith.

SincereTheRebel
29-11-2015, 10:15 AM
Once Klitschko loses control of the terms of engagement you'd have to think he's even less likely to prevail. If he can't do Fury on points in Germany, and by quite a margin, what chance would he be in England? It would be interesting to see if he could adapt though. Having to change your approach after so many years of the same old shit might be a bit tricky. He did rock him in the 12th mind, so it could end up a good fight with Klitschko actually having to come out and try to win inside the distance. It's probably time to call it a day though. His face looked rough.

I hear you, he is 40 now. I did have it clear for fury, but wlad i think could still compete. I would like to see fury take a mandatory first, and then take on wlad or possibly wilder. Fury looked like he was getting to wlad a little but during the fight, just completely got him off his game.

I now have zero choice to respect fury. Man displayed great boxing skills.

Ian
29-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Is the issue that outside Germany he'd need to be convincingly better rather than trusting the judges to give him the benefit of the doubt?

Kikó
29-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Definitely a good time for British boxing with the talent at the top. I think AJ will knock Fury out when it comes to it. I wouldn't be surprised if Vitali returns and wins either.

Samadini
29-11-2015, 10:27 AM
Remove me and add me back to the group Tandy. Wiped my phone few weeks ago and haven't been able to access it.

SincereTheRebel
29-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Is the issue that outside Germany he'd need to be convincingly better rather than trusting the judges to give him the benefit of the doubt?

Thats what people think, but wlad has clearly beat everybody. Im struggling to think of a time where he lost, but the judges gave him the deceison

Definitely a good time for British boxing with the talent at the top. I think AJ will knock Fury out when it comes to it. I wouldn't be surprised if Vitali returns and wins either.

Its too early for joshua. Dont push him too quickly. He will get destroyed lad

niko_cee
29-11-2015, 10:37 AM
Thats what people think, but wlad has clearly beat everybody. Im struggling to think of a time where he lost, but the judges gave him the deceison

I think it is more the point that it is very hard to go to Germany (or any Champion's backyard) and get a points decision. To an extent the logic now applies in reverse, it won't be easy for Klitschko to come to England and get a points decision. I was surprised the margin was 3/5 rounds last night, especially with the point off, even if that was the right result.

Kikó
29-11-2015, 10:41 AM
I'm not his promoter don't worry. Makes the weight slightly more interesting.

Lee
29-11-2015, 10:50 AM
Has heavyweight boxing gone really shit? When I was a kid it used to be a really big thing and I remember being excited about big fights. My old man took me to the social club to watch a Eubanks/Benn effort once and the place was absolutely packed, everybody there just for the boxing. Does that kind of thing still happen?

Shindig
29-11-2015, 10:52 AM
Nope. Mayweather and Pacquiao were arguably the last of the big money fights. There's not the hype any more.

The Merse
29-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Are gypsies notoriously religious? I used to live near quite a lot of gypsies and the majority of them acted like utter cunts, which suggested that religion and the lords good word were not exactly at the forefront.

They're notoriously religious, yes. Just not in the Presbyterian 'fear God Ye, and do no sin' kind of a way. More in the 'use what tiny portions of the bible one member of the family is able to read to drive our values system in line with our own agenda'.

Kikó
29-11-2015, 11:11 AM
There is plenty of good fights that happen just very few happen at heavyweight. Look down the divisions and you've got some incredible fighters who can command big nights.

Lewis
29-11-2015, 11:55 AM
The undisputed heavyweight champion is British. So what if he doesn't like gays?

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-11-2015, 12:06 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/34956724

He did have a rematch clause in the contract and they'll meet again next year.

Boom-Boom
29-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Has heavyweight boxing gone really shit? When I was a kid it used to be a really big thing and I remember being excited about big fights. My old man took me to the social club to watch a Eubanks/Benn effort once and the place was absolutely packed, everybody there just for the boxing. Does that kind of thing still happen?

Pubs were packed out for the Haye fights during his heavyweight run.

Can't beat a big boxing fight involving a British fighter. It's a shame Fury isn't overly likeable but I'll still get behind him (until he fights Haye / Joshua).

Boom-Boom
29-11-2015, 12:49 PM

Vitali looked his age / old last night. I don't think there's a chance he's coming back.

Boom-Boom
29-11-2015, 12:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB_pRB_hKqg

What must Wlad be thinking at this point. To be fair to Fury he hasn't got a bad voice.

Jimmy Floyd
29-11-2015, 01:10 PM
Hasn't got a bad voice? He went through about six keys in the first line.

Pepe
29-11-2015, 03:19 PM
What the division needs is to be scrapped.

SincereTheRebel
29-11-2015, 05:13 PM
The heavyweight division is fine. You take klitschko out of the equation and it becomes very competitive with several fighters and a few prospects coming through nicely.

Lewis
08-12-2015, 12:51 AM
Tyson Fury on the radio (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY8ZJqxk3rs) is pretty fun. The voice on the petition geezer...

Max Power
08-12-2015, 01:03 AM
He's obviously both mental and a twat, but he's quite entertaining.

Kikó
08-12-2015, 09:49 AM
But enough about Lewis

Max Power
08-12-2015, 10:53 AM
The Gypsy King of TTH?

Sky taking the piss a bit putting this Anthony Joshua fight on pay per view aren't they? I know there's some other decent fights on the card but still...

niko_cee
08-12-2015, 11:23 AM
Aye, it's a bit of a fucking liberty. Not ppv worthy.

SincereTheRebel
09-12-2015, 12:01 AM
IBF have stripped fury of his title for not fighting his mandatory.

Pacman vs bradley 3 is expected to be announcment over the next few weeks

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-12-2015, 12:04 AM
It's mental that they even had a mandatory challenger seeing as Wlad had a rematch clause in his contract.

Boom-Boom
09-12-2015, 12:23 AM
The Gypsy King of TTH?

Sky taking the piss a bit putting this Anthony Joshua fight on pay per view aren't they? I know there's some other decent fights on the card but still...

It's a really good British standard card but certainly not PPV worthy.

IBF stripping Fury is a joke. How can they expect to be taken seriously when pulling shit like that.

Lewis
09-12-2015, 12:32 AM
I lolled at somebody getting the coppers in over his CONTROVERSIAL quotes. Who takes time out of their day to do that?

Samadini
09-12-2015, 07:18 AM
This is why football is drowning under a wave of "yeah, really happy I scored eight goals, but more important was the team got the three points" drone wankers.

Sport is having all the character sucked out of it for fear of pissing off full-time complainers and social media sheep/angry mobs, or the BBC and their hardcore feminist agenda (and obviously, subsequently, sponsors and THE BRAND).

He's not exactly running around raping women and beating up gays and getting away with it because he's World Champion. He just holds views beaten into him from birth and likes fucking his submissive wife (sounds familiar, doesn't it?) . If you disagree with him just fucking lol at him for being a thick twat and give him the Wolf from Gladiators thumbs down treatment. Don't try to get the Police on him, you fucking gimps.

Many thanks,

Sanadini

SincereTheRebel
09-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Its terrible, you cant even openly disagree with people anymore.

niko_cee
09-12-2015, 12:56 PM
You have to wonder what the IBF are playing at.

Jimmy Floyd
09-12-2015, 01:16 PM
I'm not sure you can really go around saying homosexuality should be illegal and expect not to be panned. Maybe he does expect to be panned, I dunno.

The good news is that it's drowning the Sports Personality award, which used to be fun but I'm currently looking at a photo of the panel judges and can immediately spot both Jermaine Jenas and Hazel Irving, so yeah.

Lewis
09-12-2015, 01:37 PM
Greg Rutherford threatening to withdraw from the competition as if he isn't a long jumper is good; so now, given that [Sir] Kevin Sinfield was always an outside bet at best, I hope Fury wins it and gives it the large'un having done so.

Pepe
09-12-2015, 01:52 PM
I thought it was all about 'Lizzie' this year.

Shindig
09-12-2015, 01:55 PM
The Queen? What sport's she in?

niko_cee
09-12-2015, 01:59 PM
There should be a concerted effort to ensure Fury wins it.

Sam
09-12-2015, 02:09 PM
In order for it be a investigation it has to be more than a few who've complained and then they'll have to investigate it simply to avoid any potential for accusations of police bias.

randomlegend
09-12-2015, 03:07 PM
I think it is more the point that it is very hard to go to Germany (or any Champion's backyard) and get a points decision.

I don't get why the Germans would favour Klitschko when he's Ukrainian.

John Arne
09-12-2015, 03:15 PM
He has fought all his 'home' bouts in Germany for years - and he has a fairly loyal German following apparently.

randomlegend
09-12-2015, 03:21 PM
Ah ok, fair enough.

Lewis
09-12-2015, 03:30 PM
It's more that boxing referees tend to favour the established, money-making fighter (like all cowardly sports officials) so you have to win these things beyond all doubt.

Baz
09-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Fury has to win Sports Personality now.

Jimmy Floyd
09-12-2015, 09:55 PM
Korean bots who claim to be from Nigeria. Like it.

Shindig
09-12-2015, 10:10 PM
"We interrupt this Sports Personality talk to politely ask Jimmy to return to work."

Kikó
12-12-2015, 08:08 PM
Joshua on in a bit. Should be a decent one.

Bellew fight now is pretty even for the euro belt.

Boom-Boom
12-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Which is the fight before Joshua?

I'm heading to a pub for 9, was hoping to catch Eubank.

niko_cee
12-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Anyone got a decent stream for this? I've got one, but it's sketchy at best. Quite entertaining this Bellew fight, even if it is a bit of a mess.

niko_cee
12-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Mastic Tape did well to survive that last round.

Kikó
12-12-2015, 08:55 PM
I've got a full hd stream but it's with sports donkey.

Lewis
12-12-2015, 09:11 PM
Luke Campbell lost his first twelve round fight on points. People round 'ere like to tout him as a future world champion, but he's twenty-eight and should really be winning that sort of thing shouldn't he?

Kikó
12-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Enzo has knocked out Roy Jones Jr. The guy needs to retire.

Lewis
12-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Did he piss all of his money away, or does he just like boxing that much?

niko_cee
12-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Walked onto that a bit.

:D

Kikó
12-12-2015, 09:27 PM
That was pretty good from the Venezuelan. Mitchell got turned over easily.

Crolla will find it difficult.

Kikó
12-12-2015, 09:53 PM
Time for Eubank.

niko_cee
12-12-2015, 10:04 PM
Ooof. What a round that was. Fuck off Paulie with your 'smart boxing'.

Max Power
12-12-2015, 10:09 PM
This Eubank fight is a laugh.

niko_cee
12-12-2015, 10:13 PM
You get a decent fight for once and the commentators can't stop shitting their pants about doing too much, not being boring enough and the like.

Max Power
12-12-2015, 10:17 PM
Yeah Eubank is trying to knock him out, and hopefully embarass him a bit in the process. And becuase of that he might fuck it up and that makes for entertaining viewing.

Kikó
12-12-2015, 10:20 PM
He's just talking about it from a boxers perspective. Cracking fight though. Both of them trying to hurt each other.

Kikó
12-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Bit of a crap way to end it but he was being battered.

niko_cee
12-12-2015, 10:29 PM
I thought there were a couple of moments where the ref would step in. Fair play to the Irish chap, he was gutsy.

niko_cee
12-12-2015, 10:53 PM
Jaws Theme.

:cool:

niko_cee
12-12-2015, 11:03 PM

What a bellend. Although you'd probably want to be DQ'd after that first round. Joshua is just a beast.

Kikó
12-12-2015, 11:09 PM
That round made it interesting.

niko_cee
12-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Aye, that mad swinger when he was on the ropes really shook him up. Some proper brawling tonight. Probably worth PPV status.

Jeet
12-12-2015, 11:13 PM
Over 2.5 rounds @ 1.61 - easy money

Kikó
12-12-2015, 11:29 PM
Hurt him big there. Great finish.

niko_cee
13-12-2015, 08:06 AM
Thought Eubank was more impressive, but those two should make for some interesting times in British boxing for years to come.

Kikó
13-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Eubank was a lot better than the last time I watched him but he nearly got himself tagged by throwing so many in those combinations. His stamina is pretty impressive though.

Joshua v Haye will be interesting if the latter hasn't lost his touch.

Kikó
16-01-2016, 07:49 PM
Haye is fighting tonight on Dave after Storage Hunters. Starts at 9.

Kikó
16-01-2016, 09:55 PM
So he knocked out the Aussie binman in about 30 seconds. What a waste of time.

SincereTheRebel
17-01-2016, 06:29 AM
http://youtu.be/JL7h72NigqE

Shindig
17-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Didn't work for Ricky Hatton, mate. Should've broke out into a strut when he was going on about WWE, too.

John Arne
17-01-2016, 09:52 AM
I though they were going to start kissing then.

QE Harold Flair
17-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Wilder will get dismantled by anyone with a clue. He's got terrible footwork and no defense.

Ian
17-01-2016, 02:26 PM
D'you reckon he'd get put down quickly by somebody properly good or is he tough enough that he'd make a fight of it even if he was outclassed?

QE Harold Flair
17-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Yes, I do. He was knocked out in the amateurs by a cruiserweight. He is very chinny.

Dquincy
17-01-2016, 02:30 PM
I though they were going to start kissing then.

Thought, or hoped? :harold:

five time
17-01-2016, 02:52 PM
Wilder stayed pretty tough against Stiverne, and Fury's been knocked over by a couple of cruiserweights since he's been a pro. It'd be a fun fight. both of them are pretty flawed.

I'd fancy Wilder against Fury, but not against Klitschko, for what it's worth.

Chisora might be challenging for the other heavyweight title as well. :lol: Joke.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-01-2016, 04:22 PM
When you step into the ring I will baptise you

Raised a smile.

Bam
17-01-2016, 04:28 PM
The heavyweight division is a mess. :(

QE Harold Flair
17-01-2016, 05:09 PM
Wilder stayed pretty tough against Stiverne, and Fury's been knocked over by a couple of cruiserweights since he's been a pro. It'd be a fun fight. both of them are pretty flawed.

I'd fancy Wilder against Fury, but not against Klitschko, for what it's worth.

Chisora might be challenging for the other heavyweight title as well. :lol: Joke.

Fury got knocked down but it was a flash knockdown, he wasn't hurt. Big difference to having your legs go bambi on ice.

Kikó
17-01-2016, 05:24 PM
The heavyweight division is actually interesting for once. Some big punchers knocking about, quality isn't amazing but at least it's competitive.

QE Harold Flair
17-01-2016, 06:13 PM
The heavyweight division is a mess. :(

It's great. Much better than it was with the jab robot in charge.

SincereTheRebel
26-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Top five most meaningful fights in boxing right now is happening this weekend. Frampton vs Quigg in a unification bout at 122 pounds. Im going with frampton by decision becuase i want that Rigondeaux clash between the two. I dont really know much about Quigg and have only saw one fight but ill be going back before kick-off to watch a few of his most recent bouts. Also Crawford vs Lundy will end in a knockout win for Crawford KO win and Felix Verdejo to win in furious fashion and show his skills.

Kikó
27-02-2016, 10:02 AM
Looking forward to Quigg Frampton as well. Based on little, I think Frampton will win.

SincereTheRebel
27-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Roughly around 20 min until kick off

Ive got frampton up 5-1going into round 7. Quigg needs to turn up and let his hands go during the second half of the fight.

SincereTheRebel
27-02-2016, 11:53 PM
Close flight in the end. Any result is fair for me. Great round 12 for frampton.

Edit: frampton wins via decision. Quigg first six rounds killed himself.

Kikó
27-02-2016, 11:54 PM
Slow first five but improved. Well done to Frampton.

GS
27-02-2016, 11:55 PM
One of the judges giving Quigg the win. What a laugh.

SincereTheRebel
27-02-2016, 11:57 PM
I see these ryan babel looking youth in the ring after every fight

John
05-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Some quality racism from Yafai the younger there.

"He'll win tonight and go and smash that little Japenese whatever he is."

This fight about to start has the look of a freakshow about it, which probably means little Marvin is going to win.

John
05-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Nope. It was a freakshow.

John
05-03-2016, 10:15 PM
Lol at this Sam Eggington biffter walking in to a dubstep remix of 300. His nose is about the size of the Spartan army.

John
27-03-2016, 09:57 AM
Nick Blackwell is in an induced coma with bleeding on the brain after his fight last night.

Poor bastard.

Jimmy Floyd
27-03-2016, 10:02 AM
I don't watch boxing but my twitter feed had everyone great and small saying the fight needed stopping, while it was still going, for about three rounds.

SincereTheRebel
27-03-2016, 10:05 AM
It could have been stopped the previous round but it wasnt that late.

Kikó
27-03-2016, 10:09 AM
He took a pummeling by the sounds of it. Brook had another bin man fight as well.

SincereTheRebel
27-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Brook next fight should be against a decent name or someone on decent form. Rumors of bradley regardless of if he beats pacman or not. Brook has fought three IBF mandatories now. Give him vargas or bradley. I dont want to see him against khan if khan is coming off a lose.

John
27-03-2016, 10:43 AM
My Facebook was the same, Floyd. Stopped at the end of the tenth and most people seemed to start talking about the stoppage from the sixth or seventh.

Browning
27-03-2016, 11:26 AM
He was busted open fairly early but it was stopped when his eye was swollen to the point he couldn't see. Other than that though he seemed fine so i'm surprised he's that hurt. All signs are saying he will be fine though.

Eubank Sr did give a funny speecg in the corner about him not knowing why the fight was still going on so that probably lead to the posts.

Samadini
27-03-2016, 11:39 AM
I watched it, it was quite a weird one as Eubank Jr spent half of each round showboating and giving the lad a chance to get himself back together. Blackwell actually caught him a good few times even in the later rounds and looked like there was a chance he could have caught Eubank with a suckerpunch as he was insisting on dancing around like a gimp, probably what made the ref hesitant to pull it.

Looked a fucking state at the end though, his eye was like a second head.

SincereTheRebel
07-04-2016, 11:27 AM
So some decent bouts this weekend. Pacquiao (earning $20m) returns vs Bradley (earning $4m) in the third installment. Pacquiao and his imaginary torn shoulder injury has now fully 100% healed. Ive got Bradley in this one. I don't like the way Pacquiao and his team acted after the fight of the century. Bradley scored a knockout against shit Rios but Ive got him and the decision in this one. Gilberto Ramirez is fighting Abraham on the undercard. Big things are expected of Ramirez. I don't like Abraham or Strum. so i pick them to lose every fight. Saying that, Abraham is still a strong character and i think it will be a close fight.

Joshua vs Martin is also this Saturday for the IBF title. People claiming this is a step-up for Joshua but im not sure. We saw how Martin won the title, he didn't even throw the winning punch. Its prospect vs prospect as far as im concerned. Some say Joshua may be rushed to early but its against a weak opponent in my opinion. Martin is a southpaw and I'm not sure if Joshua has come across one as big as Martin yet. Correct me if I'm wrong. Decent undercard for the Joshua bout as well. Lee Selby, George Groves, Matthew Macklin

Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley Jr
Arthur Abraham vs Gilberto Ramirez
Charles Martin vs Anthony Joshua
Lee Selby vs Eric Hunter
Matthew Macklin vs Brian Rose
Jamie McDonnell vs Fernando Vargas
George Groves vs David Brophy

Also Wladimir Klitschko vs. Tyson Fury 2 on July 9 in Manchester according to peter fury

John
09-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Anyone else having trouble ordering the Joshua fight? Box Office unavailable for the last hour.

Magic
09-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Every time a boxer seems to win something the 'yet to tested' line always comes out. Same tonight, Twitter is awash with claims Joshua hasn't fought anyone good. Is boxing really that shit?

John Arne
10-04-2016, 06:08 AM
Having never seen that Martin fella fight - I was very surprised having just watched a replay. The guy was as mobile as fucking dumper truck. No head movement, very little footwork, just threw a few big lefts and hoped for the best. How on earth was he IBF champ?

Shindig
10-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Because Tyson had to drop the belt?

SincereTheRebel
10-04-2016, 07:35 AM
Tyson was stripped because the IBF mandated him to fight Glazkov. Tyson choose to rematch Klitschko instead. During the Glazkov vs Martin fight, Glazkov pulled him hamstring and quit. The belt was awarded to Martin

Shindig
10-04-2016, 07:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhvIISDoarU

Spikey M
10-04-2016, 09:21 AM
I'm jist glad I didn't pay for it. It was like watching someone beat up a kid in a wheelchair.

Gray Fox
10-04-2016, 01:30 PM
Frampton stripped of his WBA title, for not facing his mandatory challenger.

SincereTheRebel
10-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Frampton stripped of his WBA title, for not facing his mandatory challenger.

His mandatory was rigondeaux. I really wanted to see that fight. Rigo is specialist. Does that mean frampton will move up and take on santa cruz now?

Gray Fox
10-04-2016, 04:16 PM
His mandatory was rigondeaux. I really wanted to see that fight. Rigo is specialist. Does that mean frampton will move up and take on santa cruz now?

He's an odd character. He had his own fight scheduled in Liverpool. He needed a visa to get him here from Russia. The normal way to get one is give in your info and passport, 5 days later you get your stuff back along with a visa to come over.

He gave his info in and on the day he was due to come over he was nowhere to be seen. He eventually turned up back in Miami. Having not told anyone of his intentions and backed out the fight.

SincereTheRebel
11-04-2016, 10:21 AM
Rigo needs to sort his life out. Get rid of his backup team or something.

In regards to joshua, i wasnt aware how popular this guy is. Its ridiculous. If i was his team, i would look to do one of those open bus tour around london like they do after football cup wins. Seriously.

John
16-04-2016, 10:12 PM
The last two fights on tonight's Sky card have been really good. This Amagasa bloke looks like the sort of silky technician with no durability who wilts in fights he's winning.

John
16-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Whoever scored that 121-107 needs to be banned from judging a fight ever again.

SincereTheRebel
16-04-2016, 10:28 PM
So its the 2nd most popular prospect in boxing behind anthony joshua in action later. Its a decent test for errol spence vs chris allgeri. Allgeri isnt in great form and he did lose to khan and pacman in his past three fights.

Ive got allgeri purely from a betting standpoint.

John
16-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Did you see the Warrington v Amagasa fight just now Sincere?

Alex
16-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Whoever scored that 121-107 needs to be banned from judging a fight ever again.

Agreed. Warrington definitely had it but all the judges had it too wide in my opinion, and that last card was just flat out disrespectful to Amagasa. He put a right shift in. Good fight.

Baz
17-04-2016, 12:04 AM
There's nobody more Leeds than Warrington.

There's a rugby song in there somewhere.

SincereTheRebel
17-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Earl Spence stopped algeri last night. It was a good performance. His body shots are vicuous, he puts in a lot of work to the body. He also became the mandatory for kell brook. Now brook has taken three IBF mandatory since he was stabbed and the boxing world has been calling for him to make a step up. Spence is still a prospect but if brook decides to fight him, it would be a decent fight. With the algeri win, it pushes spence into the top 10 welterweight

SincereTheRebel
23-04-2016, 08:18 PM
So its GGG vs Wade later. The level of opponents GGG is facing is poor. He really needs to do something and make some step up. Best fighter on his resume still, is daniel geale. Chocolatito who everyone is going crazy about is also on the same card. Ive only seen him fight three times.

John
23-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Fucking Boxnation.

Disco
24-04-2016, 02:31 AM
One of this chaps shoes has just fallen apart, I don't think I;ve ever seen that before.

SincereTheRebel
06-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Its canelo vs khan this weekend. People are saying khan is going to sleep but i really believe this fight goes to 12 rounds. Canelo isn't a big puncher, he is just a big kid fighting at some bullshit weight.

Kikó
06-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Canelo will down him within ten. Crolla is going and so is Chisora.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Canelo will wipe him out quickly.

If Khan makes it past round 5 I'll be stunned.

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/1yYjyzjUZ0qhJU-Y3WicAxYlyfw=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2544310/prescott_knockout.0.gif

It's going to be glorious.

What a night that was, the Prescott fight actually. I think it was Taz who mentioned that Prescott to win by KO would be a decent bet, TTH took the bookies down that night :drool:

SincereTheRebel
06-05-2016, 08:03 PM
I dont feel stops khan. Khan always get touched, and he stays punch drunk for a ridiculous amount of time during his fights but he goes the distance.

The hype behind khan getting stopped is mega. He is going to put his roller blades on from round one.

SincereTheRebel
07-05-2016, 08:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmtLAcB0giA

Surprised khan came in at 155, i thought he would have been lighter. He does not look very defined at his waist area. Im sure canelo will try and target khans body later tonight. Right after the weigh-in canelo was ramming food and drink into his mouth. It was funny, man must have been mega hungry.

John Arne
07-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Didn't he put something stupid on last time - like 9kgs between weigh in and fight. 9 fucking kilos.

SincereTheRebel
07-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Usually canelo weighs in at 155 pounds (which is a weigh class he has created and has fought at this weight for his past four fights) and then come fight night, he is 170+. He hasnt done fight night weigh-ins for a while but people are saying he is close to 180 now, come fight night. He weighed 174 against angulo four fights ago. Then he claims he isnt fighting at 160 because he isnt a middleweight...

simon
07-05-2016, 09:50 AM
How in the name of fuck does somebody put on 9 kilos overnight? How is that even possible?

five time
07-05-2016, 10:05 AM
It's common that they won't have eaten for a couple days if it's a difficult cut. A lot of it is water weight as well, before the weigh in you'll have sweated as much out as possible and only sipping enough to keep you hydrated.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-05-2016, 01:58 PM
It's all dehydrating your body and then rehydrating it after the weigh in.

I've seen some doing weight cuts (in the Ultimate Fighter house for the UFC) and it really is fucking shit, at times some are on the edge of fainting because their body simply can't take it.

Disco
07-05-2016, 02:02 PM
What a complete farce, although I suppose if you made them weigh in on the day of the fight all you'd get is people fighting in an absolute state.

SincereTheRebel
07-05-2016, 04:02 PM
What a complete farce, although I suppose if you made them weigh in on the day of the fight all you'd get is people fighting in an absolute state.

They did thie before and it was changed to the day before as fighters were a mess in the fight. They really need to do something about it though. I dont like all this weight cutting/gaining. Make it 5% of the weight or something and huge mega fines.

Shindig
07-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Can someone explain to me why weight matters? I know weigh-ins are events in themselves but the purge and gain can't be good on an athlete's body. And you're sparking this fucker out, regardless, in your own mind.

niko_cee
07-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Well, you have to agree to fight at a weight, otherwise you'll just get Tyson Fury bowling in and ruining a fleet of bantamweights.

Disco
07-05-2016, 04:10 PM
It does make a mockery of the weight classes but other than weighing them constantly I'm not sure what you do about it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Has anyone in any combat sport ever cut as much as Anthony Johnson did in the UFC?

https://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/anthony-johnson-alexander-gustafsson-pre-ufc-on-fox-14.jpg

His walking weight is around 220-230 but he used to cut to 170 which is absolutely mental.

http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/1085.jpg

He now fights at 205 though:

http://www2.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20120827032200_1MG_0814.JPG

I can't imagine many fighters losing that much though, it really was nuts. At times he looked like he was about to pass out on the scales.

SincereTheRebel
07-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Can someone explain to me why weight matters? I know weigh-ins are events in themselves but the purge and gain can't be good on an athlete's body. And you're sparking this fucker out, regardless, in your own mind.

Its a perceived advantage if you are able to gain more weight during fight night. Although, whatever weight you come into the fight. It should work to your advantage if your under or over weight. Gatti gained 18+ pounds against joey camache and almost killed the guy in the ring. Weigh should be respected, not abused.

niko_cee
07-05-2016, 11:04 PM
Awesome fight from Crolla there.

SincereTheRebel
08-05-2016, 03:09 AM
I forgot about those stupid noises khan makes everytime he throws a punch.

Disco
08-05-2016, 03:09 AM
Everytime I see a sporting event in America someone properly murders their national anthem. Khan to be on his arse inside 4 or 5 rounds if he's lucky.

Disco
08-05-2016, 03:42 AM
Blimey.

John Arne
08-05-2016, 04:59 AM
Ouch.

SincereTheRebel
08-05-2016, 07:46 AM
I really thought khan would take him the distance. I cant say the ko was because khan has a weak chin. That would have put anyone down. Canelo lined him up though from round one though. Shots to the body, made opening to the head with the pump fake.

Kikó
08-05-2016, 09:32 AM
https://youtu.be/HxmJZasgaz8

Good night God bless.

niko_cee
08-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Yeah, chirst, that was a punch.

Still, what's the point of fighting such a weight mismatch? I don't know what it is but I've always disliked that ginger Mexican. Khan should just fight someone in his own weight division (Brook), or at least near to it.

Much preferred the Crolla fight.

Shindig
08-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Kahn at 155 or something whilst the fat ginger put on 20 more pounds overnight. Stay lean, man. Its not like all that weight goes to your fists.

Queenslander
08-05-2016, 10:29 AM
I really hope I get to see GGG smoosh that pale cunts face in.

niko_cee
08-05-2016, 10:31 AM
The fight will probably be at 147 or something equally ridiculous.

Was funny to see Khan and co calling him out to fight Golokvin though.

Kikó
08-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Got to give Khan his dues. Brave fight to take.

GGG v Canelo next and the former will kill him.

SincereTheRebel
08-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Khan was in a win-win situation fighting canelo. He lost to canelo means nothing to him ir most of the boxing scrne as he is suppose to lose in the manor he did. A lose to brook at this point ends his career. Imagine if brook would have done that to him....

Triple g is a straight beast, although ive seen a more wide range of skills from canelo and going into the fight, he will probably be favouirte .

Lewis
08-05-2016, 11:02 AM
The weight disparity looks ridiculous in the footage. If somebody has a solid twenty pounds on you, then they hit harder and than you and can take your shit all day, so what is the point? If you want to move up, do it gradually.

Shindig
08-05-2016, 11:15 AM
If the offer comes, you take it.

Pepe
08-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Stay lean, man. Its not like all that weight goes to your fists.

It most definitely does.

Pepe
08-05-2016, 11:20 AM
Khan is just not that good of a boxer.

niko_cee
08-05-2016, 11:24 AM
He is entertaining though, which is probably better.

Pepe
08-05-2016, 11:27 AM
I have enjoyed him getting KOed constantly, yes.

That was a beautiful KO btw, very well set up. Lol at Khan throwing both his hands forward though.

Pepe
08-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Haven't followed in a few years. Who's good these days?

SincereTheRebel
08-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Terrence crawford has an upcoming fight against viktor postol at 140 pounds. Crawford si good to watch if you like fighters switching stances every 5 minutes and doing wild stuff. Deontay wilder is going to russia to fight povetkin later this month. Wilder is the real deal. He will be fighting joshua in the future given how joshua fighters are now being shown on showtime in USA. Golovkin is a beast, although his level of opponents isnt great. Kovalev will be fighting ward later in the year too which should sort out the best at 175.

Baz
08-05-2016, 12:52 PM
I've never watched GGG (just seen a few highlights here and there) but is he really as good as the hype?

Canelo has won me a lot of money over his career so far but I thought he was gonna fade. Looks like he's only going to improve from here though. This GGG must be good if people think he'll make mincemeat of Canelo. He can't be that good, surely? :saywhat:

SincereTheRebel
08-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Given how weak the 160 division is, he just walks through the few punches you can land, hunts you down and stops you with viscous ferrous punches. He is deserving of the hype because his fighting style is so unique. He has 22 straight knockouts and is hunting down bernand hopkins record of 25 straight middleweight title defenses. I would favor canelo in the fight purely because ive seen different levels to his game. Mans forget, canelo is only 25 and his resume is extensive. GGG level of competition is poor, but the way he goes about destroying people has to be respected. GGG has

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Just watched it.

The ending punch was brutal.

Can't wait to see Triple G wipe the floor with Canelo.

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-05-2016, 03:53 PM
4EPZZHD

It's a perfectly thrown punch.

SincereTheRebel
13-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Povetkin fails a drug test for the wilder fight. Not sure if the fight is going down. Tested postive for a banned substance.

Lewis
13-05-2016, 08:48 PM
Meanwhile, Tyson 'National Treasure' Fury is on it again. :lol:

SincereTheRebel
14-05-2016, 08:11 AM
This mayweather/mcgregor fight is gaining momentum. I dont know want to see that at all. $100m he is looking to get paid for that stunt.

John
14-05-2016, 05:59 PM
It'll be a circus act if it happens. Mayweather makes a mockery of McGregor in a boxing ring, and McGregor finishes Mayweather in a round in an MMA bout. I just don't see the point, and I don't see how perhaps the best fighter in the history of the sport against someone from another sport entirely gets a license.

Just got around to watching the Crolla v Barroso fight and it was a cracker. There were shades of Ricky Hatton about that.

Baz
14-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Considering he got outboxed by Nate fucking Diaz, what's the point in fighting Mayweather?

Oh wait, moolah..

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-05-2016, 06:35 PM
He probably does believe that he could knock Mayweather out though too.

And he could but the chance of it actually happening are slim to none. Mayweather is just too damn good defensively.

SincereTheRebel
19-05-2016, 10:16 AM
So canelo has vacated his 160 pound WBC title. This means that they have now awarded GGG the title as he was mandatory for the title. I never though canelo would vacated to be honest. I thought he would have though GGG but thats some straight sucker diva tactics. I understand canelo never fought at 160 but thats not an excuse given he fought and defended the title once. I knew chavez jr was a fruad. Im about to throw canelo into that pit as well.

John
20-05-2016, 09:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HFyAOzhmBs

For fuck's sake.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Let's get Shannon Briggs turning up wherever Fury is please.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-05-2016, 08:41 PM
Dave is fucking this right up.

It seems that every couple of minutes the audio and visual go massively out of sync.

It's worse than an Asian martial arts film.

Disco
21-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Now that's a proper national anthem. Is it really necessary though, can we not just get on with it?

Disco
21-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Being accompanied to the ring by Moby

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-05-2016, 09:10 PM
It would be nice if there wasn't so many jobbers in boxing.

This guy is basically a sparring partner.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-05-2016, 09:14 PM
How has he even won any fights?

What the fuck is this shit?

five time
21-05-2016, 09:16 PM
That jab knockdown :D

Fuck off David Haye.

SincereTheRebel
21-05-2016, 09:18 PM
It was a straight clownfest. Cant complain though as both the haye abd briggs are both on a comeback.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Get Briggs out there now so we can actually have a proper fight.

These two fights have been bullshit.

niko_cee
21-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Jesus, that guy was beyond a bum.

It would be nice to see someone decent ruin Haye but I suppose making him fight on Dave against idiots like this is probably more humiliating than any beating he could take.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-05-2016, 09:21 PM
He's got a good chin.

Fuck off.

Disco
21-05-2016, 09:24 PM
What was the point in that then? Prove he can sell tickets? It certainly wasn't a contest of any kind.

SincereTheRebel
21-05-2016, 09:31 PM
Not letting briggs into the ring and then proceed to let them kind of argue in the crowd together is stupid.

SincereTheRebel
27-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Tony Bellew is fighting at goodison park on sudnay for a vacant wbc title. Just like in the creed movie. I will be in the building. Hopefully he wins, i never realised he has never been a world champion. Just a contender. If he loses this, he is officially a gatekeeper.

Shane mosley at 44 is in a title eliminator against a fighter damm near half his age. Mosley look good against Mayorga last year. If he wins, he gets the porter/thurman winner.

Baz
28-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Tony Bellew is fighting at goodison park on sudnay for a vacant wbc title. Just like in the creed movie. I will be in the building.Yeah? What time are you getting to Liverpool?

niko_cee
29-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Lived up to the bomber name there.

Not a bad weekend for Eddie Hearn and co.

Magic
29-05-2016, 09:38 PM
https://twitter.com/ShaunijeW/status/736976611833221120

Pepe
29-05-2016, 09:52 PM
That's great. :D

Magic
29-05-2016, 09:55 PM
There's hundreds of amazing replies. The Beetlejuice one had me lolling.

Waffdon
29-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Mon the Ev, fuck the kopites

Samadini
29-05-2016, 10:09 PM
http://www.liveforfilms.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/7.jpg