PDA

View Full Version : The Festival Thread (Sponsored by Shaq)

AE
23-09-2015, 02:58 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/0977cbde36f5f2dcdb3530a5efa85658.png

24 more hours :drool:

Josh
23-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Glastonbury ticket day next weekend so will be trying after having a great time last year. Hoping for Radiohead headline but probably wishful thinking.

Pen
23-09-2015, 03:15 PM
I went to Sideways and Flow festival this summer and have already booked tickets for both next summer. Both are in Helsinki and really well organised. Only qualm I have about Flow is that the drinks are very pricey. Luckily I got next years tickets for less than half that they will cost through a friend who works in a studio.

AE
23-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Glastonbury ticket day next weekend so will be trying after having a great time last year. Hoping for Radiohead headline but probably wishful thinking.

Did they headline last year?

Josh
23-09-2015, 03:43 PM
No. Last year was The Who, Kanye and Florence & The Machine. Saw Kanye but the other 2 aren't my cup of tea.

Offshore Toon
23-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Yeah, Glastonbury will be done. Other than that I'll do Dour and possibly another European festival. Looking for ideas if anybody has a recommendation. Thinking something in August/early September, so Pukkelpop, Lowlands and Outlook are on the list as well as a couple others that don't immediately spring to mind.

The Merse
23-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Did ArcTanGent and 2000 Trees this year, both were excellent with Dillinger Escape Plan and Chon being highlights of the former and McLusky and St Pierre Snake Invasion at the latter. £150 for both festivals and you can take your cans anywhere. That's value right there.

AE
29-09-2015, 03:18 PM
What an epic 4 days! I've never engaged in so much drugs and alcohol. I'm absolutely hurting right now but it was so worth it
https://i.gyazo.com/70157a350763de2f96ce2de4706a4a67.png

Grandstand
29-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Yeah, Glastonbury will be done. Other than that I'll do Dour and possibly another European festival. Looking for ideas if anybody has a recommendation. Thinking something in August/early September, so Pukkelpop, Lowlands and Outlook are on the list as well as a couple others that don't immediately spring to mind.

We did Primavera Sound in Barcelona this year. Can't recommend it enough. There's no camping so it's a hostel or apartment (we had 12 of us in L'Eixample which is a nice area for £120 each for the week) and the music goes from about 7pm-6am so plenty of time for exploring the city/beaches during the day. Not many teenagers either which makes for a far better experience in my eyes. Was a bit of a culture shock going back to a tent and sleeping bag at Bestival after that, mind.

Offshore Toon
29-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Primavera is something I'll do when I'm older and can't hack camping, but for now I enjoy bopping about the camp site quite a bit so see it as a big far of the enjoyment.

Adam
30-09-2015, 05:13 AM
Went to Bestival for the 3rd time this summer, line up wasn't as great as previous years by had a wicked time regardless.

Offshore Toon
01-10-2015, 05:01 PM
Went to Bestival for the 3rd time also. Line up was incredible in my eyes and the festival itself was better than I remembered. The Port is the best stage I've ever been to.

Grandstand
01-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Strangely it was my third one as well.

The Port is bloody good. Somehow I barely went there the last time we went, but it was brilliant. Greg Wilson in the afternoon was great fun and spent a couple of hours there late on but couldn't tell you who was on at those points.

Debating whether to go for Glastonbury tickets again on Sunday.

-james-
05-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Primavera set times out. A few nasty clashes in there but really could have been a lot worse considering how good the line-up is. Sleep vs Arcade fire vs Gas is probably the worst one.

Itinerary looks something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/SB66J5Z.png

Offshore Toon
05-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Why'd you use this thread? There's another much better one.

Is it only three days? FlyLo live is incredible, but Ame into KiNK would be great too. Pretty similar line up to Field Day which I might head to.