View Full Version : The Pokemon Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Btw, Mew is really useable now.

He's really hard to kill.

Browning
18-02-2017, 10:39 PM
Jesus, the quest I'm on has a difficult mission. Use Gold Attacks 5 times is usually fine... but when most of your Gold attacks do like 40 damage and all of theirs kill you... it's tough.

Browning
20-02-2017, 09:12 AM
Can someone tell me the point of AI Tickets? I've never used one and I have probably 200....

Got Rayquaza last night but the 1MP is putting me off.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-02-2017, 10:23 AM
Can someone tell me the point of AI Tickets? I've never used one and I have probably 200....

Got Rayquaza last night but the 1MP is putting me off.
To let the AI play for you. I used up most of mine during the gym cup when I was awake but was losing because my brain was pudding.

He's a heavy hitter but I know what you mean, I'm not a fan of 1s.

Browning
20-02-2017, 10:28 AM
It plays the whole match?

The AI is shite, but I guess it might work for examples like you said.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-02-2017, 10:39 AM
It plays the whole match?

The AI is shite, but I guess it might work for examples like you said.

As long as you've got tickets, or you can stop it whenever you want.

It's better than normal AI, or maybe because my deck is a lot better than normal. Won me a few games.

Browning
20-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Is it 1 ticket per turn, or 1 per match?

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Is it 1 ticket per turn, or 1 per match?
1 ticket for 3 turns.

Browning
21-02-2017, 04:10 PM
I killed a guy 3 times in one match by doing 1 damage :D

In another fight I had one guy got all the luck in the world against me. Despite burning Latios he wouldn't miss and I kept hitting tiny miss sections and dying. He had my corners shut down with Latios and Wobuffet (who I couldn't hit....) and all I had was Greninja and Manaphy in the middle while he marched his team up. FINALLY Latios hit that miss and Manaphy KOed him letting me bring out my other guys and while Blastoise and Articuno held down the fort Shuppet slipped past Machamp with a crucial Will-O-Wisp to win it. :cool:

Browning
22-02-2017, 08:44 PM
So Reuniclus (sp?) is a bit broken too.

Not only do you get a respin for every other Reuniclus in your deck, but his moves do 120 and 50 which doubles if another Reuniclus is within 2 spaces of him. I just faced a guy with 2 of them. He moved 1 to his goal letting me take 1 corner and then he moved another near it letting me take the other corner. I thought that was going to be that but he attacked me, spun a miss, respun it and landed 50 (I would kill him) which double and he got the KO. He also had a ton of other strong Pokemon like Moltres and Gyarados. Fortunately he took too long over his turns and I soon changed my strategy to stalling him out. With the game quickly turning against him he bought Reuniclus off the back line where Blastoise killed him but by that point he only had about 15 seconds left to my roughly 2 minutes so there was no need to even go for the exposed goal so I just let him run out of time. Turns out I'd have won anyway... but for the longest time there was no way through those 2 bastards.

Browning
23-02-2017, 08:11 PM
So who is the must have Pokemon for this event?

So far I've got Mew and Machamp come in for it,.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-02-2017, 08:18 PM
I've gone for an initial deck of:

Machamp
Lugia
Magikarp/Gyarados
Mew
Gardevoir
Shuppet.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-02-2017, 08:26 PM
Carved apart a team in my first match.

Thinking of taking out Shuppet (lots of Gardevoirs and Kirilias will be on show surely) for Chesnaught.

Browning
23-02-2017, 08:38 PM
So far my deck has been wrecking people, though that is bound to change. I've gone with:

Greninja
Manaphy
Shuppet
Blastoise
Machamp
Mew

Wasn't there something about Machamp where we had to level him up again or something?

Yea make sure you go and expand your Machamp/Mew disks if you haven't since the update.

Browning
23-02-2017, 08:49 PM
People who put Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir in purely to counter Shuppet (rather than having any actual strategy with them) are so fucking easy to beat. :D

The last guy I faced had Ralts who I put up against my Shuppet so I just went up next to him and after he failed to kill me, Hurdle jumped him.... and then he failed again. What the fuck is "Imprison" about anyway?

Browning
23-02-2017, 11:31 PM
Getting destroyed now... spent about 100 gems already on streaks and energy. The cunts with Deoxys and Reun... whatever it's called can fuck off.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-02-2017, 11:50 PM
Got a support deoxys from a 4 win streak box. I really want a runner.

Browning
23-02-2017, 11:52 PM
I really hope Deoxys gets fixed, it's completely fucking broken.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-02-2017, 12:00 AM
Actually it's the newer one, the N.

In for Gardevoir.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-02-2017, 01:32 AM
And he's out, I like Gardevoir more.

Also lost against 2 mental decks. One with 3 Reun... which was obscene and one with 4 Deoxys (1 runner, 1 defender and 2 support).

Browning
24-02-2017, 07:57 PM
I spent roughly 200 gems on my first run to 11... it was brutal.

Got absolutely fuck all for it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-02-2017, 08:03 PM
I'm not bothering with runs, some on Reddit are claiming boxes after 1 win to maximise on the number of 'Mon they get.

It's just so hard to maintain a run in this cup. I think my W/L record is better than the last but anything more than 4 or 5 in a row seems mental.

On 30 wins right now so 200 seems like it's a good possibility.

Browning
24-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Yea I'm not bothering either after that.

My win/loss is definitely much worse than last time. I could get to 11 with no more than 3-4 losses last time.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-02-2017, 11:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gdeyjEP.jpg

Gyarados stomped one Renuin... with storm, then got knocked out by the second but then Mew knocked the second out :cool:

Browning
24-02-2017, 11:46 PM
Yea I beat a dude with 2 Reuniclus by forcing one to move away from the other and then killing it, didn't need to kill the 2nd to win. So rare though. The people with 4-5 Deoxys are the worst.

I've got a decent-ish streak going with no more gems spent. Doubt it'll get much higher though. I'm almost resigned to not getting anything good.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Trying to deal with 3 Reuniclus is fucking impossible.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Proper lol when people with double chance/deoxys/ability to roll again think they're safe against Mew's gold.

Just had a guy with the powerful 2 move Deoxys (http://www.serebii.net/duel/figures/224-deoxys.shtml) use a double chance because Mew was one step away from his goal. Mew rolled gold, he rolled his Psycho Boost for 150 and thought he was perfectly fine :harold:

I'm just imaging his seethe as Mew leapt onto his goal.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-02-2017, 02:47 PM
Decided to open a 4 booster and got a runner Deoxys.

That 4 MP start :drool:

In for Machamp.

Browning
25-02-2017, 06:52 PM
The problem with him is he's shite.

I'm thinking I may bring Lucario in for Machamp, just seems like a better version of him.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-02-2017, 06:53 PM
He's good at catching out fools though and he's not too bad in fights in this cup because of the damage boost.

Browning
25-02-2017, 07:02 PM
He's not good against anyone who knows what he's doing, but fair enough. He always gets to my corner and then I just twat him out of there,

My normal team seems to be doing well as we went 5-0 today when trying to do Daily Missions/Locked Booster. Close to the final tier now.... but I was once 2 points away and then fell to more than 200 away.

Browning
25-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Proper lol when people with double chance/deoxys/ability to roll again think they're safe against Mew's gold.

Just had a guy with the powerful 2 move Deoxys (http://www.serebii.net/duel/figures/224-deoxys.shtml) use a double chance because Mew was one step away from his goal. Mew rolled gold, he rolled his Psycho Boost for 150 and thought he was perfectly fine :harold:

I'm just imaging his seethe as Mew leapt onto his goal.

Just had one of these and it was absolutely beautiful. He had a Deoxys and a Lucario (on the goal) and I had shuppet in one corner and Mew moving up. He put Deoxys on his other corner so I put Mew next to Lucario. His best bet was attack me with Lucario but he attacked with Deoxys who could only do 130 (or was it 150?) or some purple shit. Essentially I won as long as I didn't spin Psychic. I hit gold and he didn't respin his 150, not that it mattered, but I bet he was seething.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-02-2017, 07:59 PM
It's absolutely glorious.

I also really like that they recognised that Mew was shit and changed him to be a serious threat, as he should be.

Browning
25-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Players that play for Time up wins from pretty much the start of the game need to fuck right off.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-02-2017, 08:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6ksCioG.png

That team :harold:

2 Runner Deoxys
1 Normal Deoxys (Clvl 1)
1 Attacker Deoxys
1 Lucario (Clvl 2)
1 Infernape (Clvl 2).

Fucking owned them.

Browning
25-02-2017, 10:44 PM
I just had a great ending to a match. I needed 1 move to surround his goal line Machamp (assuming he didn't attack and kill Mew, which he quite possibly could have) and so he went for it and attacked my goal line Blastoise with Zapdos. The ONLY combination that would let him kill me is his Yellow move and my Purple so of course that came out. My only available move once Blastoise was dead was Hurdle Jumping Manaphy to my own goal. He attacks Manaphy... and fucking Roosted :D Good work, Manaphy.

Browning
26-02-2017, 12:41 PM
My streaks seem to all end between 1-5 but normally more in the 2-3 region. Got fuck all so far.

P_3
26-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Got my Pokemon Go Pokedex to 181 caught, 199 seen. Only things left to get from Kanto are: Charizard, Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Tauros and the legendaries. Evolved a solid Seadra I had into what is now a 2147 Kingdra with Dragon Pulse and Outrage. :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Lol at still being one of 25 people who still play Pokemon Go.

P_3
26-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Out of the six people who are in my work team, half of them play it. If we extrapolate that to the rest of the world, 3.7 billion people play Pokemon Go. :drool:

Patje
26-02-2017, 03:12 PM
Judging from my walks around the industrial park during lunchtime there are still enough players. We usually walk with 7 and we come along enough people who play it to make it more than 25. ;)

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-02-2017, 04:39 PM
Just started a gym match against someone with 3 Reuin.

I ran out with my runner Deoxys and he took 1 Reuin to take him out. I instantly thought I had won as I believed that the re-spins only apply when they're on the board. I was wrong and after rolling purple against my gold twice he finally got an attack segment to beat him. ARGHHHHHH, I hate them so much (unless I happen to get 3 ofc), so damn broken.

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-02-2017, 05:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wKBrYde.png

lol.

Guessing the idiot didn't realise that he wasn't blocking with Reuin or that Deoxys was only 3 away.

Baz
26-02-2017, 05:19 PM
Having never played that game, boy does it look complicated. :scratch:

Browning
26-02-2017, 06:17 PM
It's basically a simplified version of chess where you have to get to your opponents goal to win. It's not very complicated once you play a few times but learning what each Pokemon can do guess adds some complications.

I won something like 6-7 leagues games in a row and I'm FINALLY in the Pink (final) tier. Had some absolutely cracking games on route too so it was so satisfying to win them. Current ranking of 2364 is my highest ever.

Event continues to be a shower of shit though. Nothing but shitty commons and a ranking of 1728....

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-02-2017, 06:24 PM
I'm on 1873 in the Gym, EX's of Normal Deoxys (trash) and Runner Deoxys (okay) and sitting on 88 wins.

Browning
26-02-2017, 07:12 PM
When are you opening boosters? Every time to lose or something else?

As much as I regret spending those 200 gems to get a fucking Steelix, I guess that's the same as most of the 200 gem Boosters. I have about 300 now but have no idea what to do with them. Still, at least I have options, it's better than 500,000 coins.

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-02-2017, 07:30 PM
Whenever I lose.

I've not paid to continue any streaks (might do so after I hit 200 wins) because all it takes is a deck full of Reuin/Deoxys and the run is over.

Best run so far is 6 although most of the time I get to 3 or 4.

Browning
27-02-2017, 11:48 AM
The amount of misses my cunt of a Blastoise spins is unreal. Roughly a 4% chance a Mewtwo would kill me..... and of course it comes off. Fuck you game.

Mana-fucking-phy :drool:

Vs a team of 3 Reuniclus, Lucario, Ho-Oh and something else (Shuppet maybe?) I thought I was done. One Reunicluse fell (I forget how) but the other 2 were staying together at the goal line and looked impossible to pass. In the end I Hurdle Jumped Blastoise to land in between them and he couldn't move the one step to surround me without letting Mew in. He probably should have attacked Blastoise as the cunt would have missed no doubt, but instead he attacked Manaphy on the goal line who span Manaphy's Song letting me move Blastoise the one step to get next to his goal Reuniclus and surround him on my next turn. :drool: Without that I'm 100% sure he'd have just twatted Blastoise away.

Browning
27-02-2017, 02:42 PM
Do you find that when you disconnect it's an instant loss, but when your opponent disconnects they get about 3 hours to connect again?

:D

Ve 3 x Reuniclus and 3 x Deoxys (1 was a runner, not sure about the other 2) I go with Shuppet and he moves Reuniclus to the goal while I take his corner. I then bring out Lucario and after he blocks me with Reuniclus number 2 I hurdle jump him. He uses a card and attacks Reuniclus and his first spin is a miss Vs my 71 damage attack.... his 2nd is 70 and his 3rd is Confuse Ray which keeps him in the game... however the card he used was re-spin if you spin purple so he got a 4th spin and missed. :D Game over right there.

Just had a rather unique game. I always, always leave Manaphy at the back quietly powering people up and moving people around if I need him to. Due to lack of options though I ended up with Manaphy moving forward. He ended up on the opponents corner where he survive a Gyarados attack (span Manaphy song and made him fuck off) and a couple from Moltres (who kept spinning Flame Charge). In the end his Gyarados went for Articuno (on my goal) but after 2 Roosts I got the surround KO on Gyarados and when Moltres failed again against Manaphy he was surrounded too. Zapdos met the same fate and he was left with just one Zapdos on the field. He attacked Keldeo (the other corner), missed, and died. Manaphy is not suited to being thrown forward, but he was the hero of the hour yet again.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-02-2017, 10:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lY1mGFr.png

:harold:

Got his points almost straight away with a rush by my Deoxys (he used cosmic energy) and then knocking out his Shuppet before hurdling a Deoxys of his.

He then kept moving backwards and forwards with his 2 Deoxys across the line so I kept moving my guys up. He'd occasionally hit 'Mons I put next to him but it was mostly me hitting him and then him choosing which Deoxys to defend with. Gyarados then slapped him twice with Hyper Beam and it was done.

No idea why he didn't hit my runner before I got other 'Mons involved, he'd have walked him.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-03-2017, 01:09 PM
Spent 40 to get an 11 streak box.

Umbreon, Weezing, Slakoth and Zweilous.

Ugh.

Browning
01-03-2017, 07:11 PM
I think I'm done with this event at about 82 wins or so. I got one Lucario EX (fed straight into my other) but nothing else of note and getting some shitty Ingots isn't worth it.

I do have 400 or so Gems which if I spend in 2 booster things will put me close to affording 2 x Reuniclus so that's a consideration.

I also got 5 Booster Singles for my monthly ranking and that turned into a Wigglytuff and a bunch of shite. Shame you can't use them for the Quadruple.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-03-2017, 07:24 PM
They're not in material exchange are they?

Wasn't showing up when I sorted for Psychic 'Mons.

Edit: Or even Poison which is what I had selected :\

Browning
01-03-2017, 07:39 PM
Yea he is there for 1800.

Browning
01-03-2017, 11:38 PM
A 24 hour booster gave me the Pokemon I wanted most in the game, Empoleon.

Going to put Prinplup in as it's essentially the same Pokemon only without a gold move. Just have to decide if I drop Articuno or Keldeo but I didn't overly miss either of them in the event. Probably Articuno.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Opened 4 Quad boxes to get me a second Reuin and got 2 Reshiram's and 1 Zekrom. They don't look too bad but wait 9 is pretty fucking horrible.

Basically to use them you need to play defensively for 9 turns to then get them out so they can remove Pokemon.

I think I'll stick with a team of 2 Reuin, Mew, Gyarados, Shuppet and Greninja.

Browning
04-03-2017, 01:13 PM
I've got every single star it is possible to get in Quest mode. You get nothing for it.

Doesn't feel like there's much more to do really. I may build a 2nd deck as it's so hard for a non water type to get into my water deck.

1-4 in league matches today.... (2-4 if you count the jobber deck) what a load of shite. The amount of times I need to survive one move to win and they hit the only combination that can kill me is ridiculous.

Byron
06-03-2017, 05:50 AM
So gave this a go and I have no fucking clue what I'm doing :D

I did buy a few gems to get a 4 pack booster and pulled EX Garchomp so I've won a few games with him but I still have no clue what to do here.

Browning
06-03-2017, 11:57 PM
You can earn a ton of free gems through log in bonus, daily missions and the story mode but for a while you will just need to save up gems to buy boosters while also focusing on time boosters and locked boosters to get more EX Pokemon and build a stronger team.

My team finally clicked today and despite facing some really tough opponents we went 4-0. Not sure what is out there that could break in but my team for the foreseeable future will be:

Greninja EX
Manaphy EX
Keldeo EX
Blastoise EX
Shuppet UC
Prinplup C evolving into Empoleon EX

Browning
07-03-2017, 08:52 AM
So having just said nothing was going to come into that team in the near future... I pull a Palkia EX. He has to come in. Just a case of who to drop....

As much as Greninja is the "weakest" I don't want to drop a runner for a 2 MP mon at this stage. I like the balance we have there.

That leaves really only Blastoise or Empoleon. I like both and Palkia's ability is a little bit annoying but not a deal breaker. Decisions, decisions.

Browning
12-03-2017, 05:37 PM
I've had such rotten luck on this game recently, the amount of matches I have where I only have to survive one turn to win and my opponent ALWAYS gets the perfect roll they need and I end up losing in the end. I reckon a lot of people use the AI, and the AI gets more "luck" than human players because whenever I use AI ridiculous stuff happens and I win.

Opened a Magmortar today.... may have to consider building a 2nd deck to use him.

Got almost 900 gems without spending a penny because there's been fuck all to use them on.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-03-2017, 09:09 PM
Got a third Reuin in a locked booster a few days ago so I'm running with:

Mew
Shuppet
Greninja
Reuin x3.

It's pretty fucking beastly.

Browning
12-03-2017, 09:41 PM
I don't see much worth in Greninja in a non-Manaphy deck. Most of the time he does 20-40 damage and that just isn't going to cut it. He works for me because his minimum damage is 41 and it increases from there.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-03-2017, 10:39 PM
I like him, he's done so much for me it just feels wrong to drop him.

I just got a frogadier so my Greninja will now do 31 (1 cl) for each gold attack.

Browning
12-03-2017, 11:59 PM
Despite playing almost 1000 duels I just made a move that I don't think I'd ever thought about before, and it paid off.

I had Greninja and Keldeo locking down his corners and Manaphy somewhere on the field (he's irrelevant). He had Blastoise on his goal and Charizard and Yvetal next to Greninja and Keldeo. He attacked Greninha with Charizard and span 200 but I span dodge. I then figured that Charizard Vs Greninja was his best move, even if he could get something off the bench.... and that he was going to initiate that fight regardless of my move, so I may as well be in a position where I win if he fails. I moved up next to Blastoise, giving up the corner, and when Charizard missed I'd won the game. It doesn't sound that anything abnormal but I'm normally VERY reluctant to give up corners once I have them but the realisation that Greninja was probably dead anyway so I may as well go for it worked out perfectly.

Browning
14-03-2017, 12:05 PM
Upping the energy needed to 30 is a cunt move.

Browning
14-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Both my Gym matches so far have been epics. In the first I seemed to be banged to right as he had a Latios on his goal (I had a shuppet on one corner but that wouldn't help...) and he had both my corners locked down by Zekrom and Flygon with only Keldeo and Rauquaza defending for me. I moved Raqquaza out of the way which meant he could try surround Keldeo if he wanted but he didn't try it and let Rayquaza hit Flygon.... he got fly and left my corner. I was then able to get other Pokemon onto the field and he made some awful decisions such as fighting me Palkia Vs Palkia (Manaphy broke the tie for me) and Shuppet Vs Shuppet (11 vs 10 again to me). I was eventually able to lock down both corners for the win.

My second match my main threat was the time. My opponent had bad connection issues which seemed to effect my clock and not his.... and I was soon down to 20 seconds Vs his almost 3 minutes which was a farce. Fortunately I had both corners locked down (albeit one by Manaphy who can only move 1) and he only had 2 defenders and a Zekrom on one corner. His Zekrom went for it but Manaphy tipped the scales to Palkia to save us from defeat. Manaphy concluded his MVP performance with a well time Hurdle Jump that caused a double surround (RIP MVP) and then when he moved to block the goal it was easy for me to take his other corner and force him to forfeit as the corners were now locked down by Keldeo and Greninja so he couldn't move. :cool:

My deck to start with in the event is:
Greninja, Manaphy, Shuppet, Keldeo, Rayquaza, Palkia

However, I'm considering putting in Salamence over Greninja. He'll do 70 damage as a standard instead of 21 (41 with Manaphy on field) and an extra 21 for each spin, plus a small chance of 60 (boosted to 80). Just seems 70 is more reliable and will be better most of the time, and the Fly can win games straight off. I'd be tempted to put in Double Chance as well to get Fly when I need it, but wouldn't be sure what to drop (1 hurdle jump or a Goal block). For now I'll go with "If it's not broke...." and keep it as it is as I'm 4-0.

Edit again- Just had the best duel of my life to the point where I would have reached out to the guy if I could. It was a league match so I put my water team back in and came up against a team of 2 x Poliwhirl, 2 x Magikarp/Gyarados, Manaphy and Greninja. It was an absolute war. In the end, through necessity, I had Manaphy next to his goal (on the side where you can't instantly surround him) and he had Manaphy on his goal. I was trying to use Manaphy to move his but he cottoned onto it and put a Gyarados the other side. With nothing I could realistically do to Gyarados (unless his Manaphy died) I just kept hammering Manaphy and kept moving Gyarados away but he kept moving it back. If I had my usual 2 Hurdle Jumps I could have picked up an easy win but without it I couldn't get in. He got a stroke of luck with a crucial kill on Shuppet who would have won it the next turn for me and I lucked out BIG time when he span Manaphy song and didn't notice he could have moved Empoleon off my goal and walked in. In the end he stupidly decided to attack Manaphy with Gyarados while his other Gyarados was out of position and when I span Manaphy Song I moved Manaphy and walked in. Actually drained after it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-03-2017, 05:06 PM
Oooh, a new gym finally.

I'm going with:

Mew
Xerneas
Kirilia/Gardevoir
Rayquaza

I can't decide between Reshiram and Zekrom or Salamence and Giratina for the last two spots.

Browning
14-03-2017, 05:12 PM
The latter unless you have the plate to make the former viable.

Round is stupidly over powered in this.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-03-2017, 05:25 PM
I've got the plates.

I've sadly only got 2 round Pokemon.

Browning
14-03-2017, 05:27 PM
Same here, one Sylveon and one wigglytuff.

Bernanke
14-03-2017, 05:42 PM
Got a long flight ahead of me so I bought a 3DS and Sun.

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Crystal. :cool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-03-2017, 11:38 PM
I'm having really bad luck.

I'm either coming up against round decks or getting super shit rolls. I'm struggling to maintain a win streak.

Browning
15-03-2017, 01:27 PM
I seem to keep getting to about 4 and then losing. My deck feels good but not great.

Browning
15-03-2017, 03:47 PM
People who use Runner Deoxys with no other Deoxys are my favourite opponents. So easy.

This guy made me defend by using his runner and then switched it with a Moltres. Moltres with Double Chances was eating me alive and KO'ing every turn but I was able to get enough defenders in place and then when he ran out of cards to power it up and started hitting Roost/Flame Charge I was able to make a break for it and murder his shitty Deoxys for the win.

Closing in on that Dragonite EX.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Rayquaza with 2 MP is just :drool:

I've also got mine at clvl 1 so his gold does 121. He's beaten a fair few Reuins because of it.

Browning
16-03-2017, 11:04 PM
He is amazing, shame it'll be fucking useless after the event.

Browning
17-03-2017, 12:11 AM
I have literally no idea what just happened in my match. With a few figures on the board each I was forced to use a Goal Block because he put a Flygon in an awkward position. I goal block with Rayquaza and the idiot double chances and attacks him. I spin Gold so Flygon is dead no matter what. He spins purple and then respins into a 40. The minute the move lands it comes up WIN on my screen. No "forfeit" just the word WIN. I'll take it, but what?

Browning
17-03-2017, 11:35 PM
My main deck was unstoppable for 2 days and went back up to the 2500s but went 0-5 today (not including 2 jobber wins) to crash back the low 2300s. Pretty much every spin was a miss. Utter shite.

Having more luck in the event where I'm up to 60 wins. I want those 2 EX cubes.

Browning
18-03-2017, 11:58 AM
Some proper idiots on this morning :drool:

One guy I faced I went first and put Keldeo 2 spots in. He then brings out Deoxys 4 spots forcing me to block his route to the goal with Salamence. His obvious move is to advance with someone else or block a corner. Instead he uses X Attack (boosting his attacks to 50 and 70) and attacks Salamence who does 72 most of the time. What a moron. Deoxys goes down and Keldeo takes the corner for the win.

Another guy I faced I was in a situation where Salamence could hurdle jump his Squirtle to land one away from the goal but he could hurdle jump me back and land on the goal. Instead I played defense until he used his 2 hurdle jump and then did it. His only hope was to hit Salamence with Squirtle and pray for a miss Vs his attack or a Fly Away Vs not his blue move. Even if the latter happened I had a 2nd Hurdle jump but he could live to fight another round. What does he do? Uses X-Attack (why?) and moves to the other side of me before attacking. In the end it didn't matter as he hit Blue anyway, but had he got the Fly Away from there I could have just walked back to where I was and made him do it again. Such a bad move.

If anyone was keeping score, Manaphy won our race to 1000 games :drool:
Manaphy- 1023
Shuppet- 973
Greninja 956
Lapras 568
Keldeo 551

Greninha was 50 ahead of anyone before the event but losing his place in the event team has crushed it. He's still in our main team, though for how much longer I don't know. I hope they release Kyogre or Suicune soon.

Patje
18-03-2017, 01:54 PM
I have literally no idea what just happened in my match. With a few figures on the board each I was forced to use a Goal Block because he put a Flygon in an awkward position. I goal block with Rayquaza and the idiot double chances and attacks him. I spin Gold so Flygon is dead no matter what. He spins purple and then respins into a 40. The minute the move lands it comes up WIN on my screen. No "forfeit" just the word WIN. I'll take it, but what?

I had something like that in a battle with my daughter. We were testing her new deck and suddenly it said that she had won, even though it was my turn and I was about to move my Deoxys on her goal.

Browning
18-03-2017, 03:00 PM
I could feel my last opponent's rage as he quit, and I don't blame him. I swear the spinners are all or nothing.

I had my 5 pokemon all in a line on the line in front of my goal with Shuppet in the middle. He had a similar set up and there were no good match ups either way really so I was just moving Manaphy along the back, daring him to make the first move, and he was doing the same with Charizaard. Eventually he does and attacks Keldeo but it went neutral and so Shuppet got the surround KO on whatever mon he used. He then attacks Shuppet Vs Greninja and spins a miss so Shuppet KOs him. I move Shuppet in front of his Deoxys (Attack form) and he hits Shuppet but spins Dodge, allowing Shuppet to move to the other side and surround his Reshiram. He then attacks Shuppet with Zekrom but I hit WIll-O-Wisp and burn him. I advance to his corner with Salamence and he hits Shuppet again, the burn causing a miss and Zekrom goes down. At that point Shuppet had KOed a Zekrom and a Greninja in battle and surrounded two others. He rage quit despite Deoxys and Charizard still being there. :cool: Shuppet you beast.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-03-2017, 07:54 PM
Spent a bit to get 11 wins and was rewarded with a Magmortar and Yvetal.

Browning
18-03-2017, 11:30 PM
Nice, although I already have MAgmortar. Not bothered with any streaks.

Got 1 of the 2 EX cubes on offer but no idea who to use it on.

Browning
19-03-2017, 12:47 PM
1 win away from that final EX Cube, but still not sure who to use them on.

A 2 win booster (I open after 2 every time now) yielded a Manaphy. The temptation to run Manaphy x 2, Tentacool x 3 and a runner is very high.

I also have 4000 material, but there's nothing I want. I'll save them for whoever owns the next event, or whatever they add next that's good.

Browning
19-03-2017, 09:28 PM
I'm now totally convinced that the spinners are not random at all. I faced a guy with 3 Shuppets and my Greninja went up against them and span Dodge SEVEN TIMES in a row. Fucking seven times. If I've done the maths right the chances of that are 0.017% or something ridiculous like that. I did eventually get the yellow attack I needed at the eighth time of asking and went on to win, but there's no way in hell that wasn't rigged. Funnily enough the Shuppet KO I did get left me in a position where he had to kill Greninja to stay in the game... and you can guess what happened there. :D

It seems to me like every match I either get all the luck or fuck all luck whatsoever. There doesn't seem to be any medium. It's to a point where if I get one bad spin, I'm reluctant to do any more fights.

Nevertheless, I got to 100 wins and got a 2nd EX cube. Event done.

Edit- This guy I just beat :D He starts with Blastoise, I start with Salamence. He attacks Salamence with Reuniclus and dies, I move to his corner so he has to goal block with Blastoise. I move Keldeo into position where if he doesn't kill me, I can jump to his corner. He decides to bring out possibly the worst Pokemon in the entire game he could bring out in that scenario.... Wobbuffet. :D Idiot.

Holy shit... Rayquaza can destroy Cosmo Energy? Why oh why is he going back to 1MP soon :(

Fight I just had took the absolute piss for my opponent:

First fight: Shuppet Vs Xerneas, Shuppet inflicts the burn (barely effects him as his dodge is tiny)
2nd fight- Shuppet Vs Xerneas- Shuppet KOs him.
3rd fight- Salamence Vs Latios, I get the fly over putting me in position to win if he can't stop me.
4th fight- Salamence Vs Latios- Fly Over Vs Dodge would win me the game, however he used double chance and at the 2nd time of asking lands Psychic, making me fly back over him.
5th fight- Salamence Vs Latios- He would have died but he used an X-Attack which tipped it to him.
6th fight- Palkia Vs Latios- Latios dies.
7th fight- Shuppet Vs Greninja- Greninja spins a miss and dies.
8th fight- Palkia Vs Zapdos- Zapdos dies giving me the win.

So in 8 fights the only 2 that went his way were the two he used cards on, and both of those went my way originally. I'm not complaining because I'm a 'victim' of this, it definitely goes both ways, but it really, REALLY feels like it picks a winner at the start and they get almost every spin go their way. I feel bad for that guy, I really do, particularly for the 2 KOs Shuppet got.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-03-2017, 12:20 AM
Latios in a 2 win streak box :drool:

Browning
21-03-2017, 12:43 AM
Latios is shit though. Latias is where it's at. I used Latios for a while but he's a liability.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-03-2017, 09:31 PM
Just played a league match with someone who has an attacker Deoxys and he was dicking me.

He made a break for my goal (it was just him and one of my Reuin's on the field) but I was closer to his so kept going. He obviously pulled back, attacked and he rolled dimensional slip to give me the win.

So satisfying.

Browning
22-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Just 2 pokemon on the field? What is that shit?

I got relegated yesterday for the first time ever. :( A 6-2 record since then has put me back in Master League, but that was bollocks.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-03-2017, 10:00 PM
More had just been knocked out/best move was to keep using rather than adding more onto the field.

Browning
22-03-2017, 10:34 PM
The guy I just faced was obviously a noob but it was funny. I stupidly hurdle jumped to his corner which gave him a clear run to my corner which would have forced a Goal block. Instead he used Pokemon switch (putting Yveltal on his goal) essentially wasting the turn. I blocked his route off and he only had Yvetal on his goal who he couldn't move and Dratini roaming around. Eventually he decides to attack Keldeo who spins 52 Vs 80.... then my 52 went up to 62 and then 82 to kill him and end the game. He must have been fuming. That Pokemon switch literally cost him the game as without it would have been 72.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-03-2017, 12:54 AM
Magmortar, Yveltal, Delphox, Latios, Infernape, Aggron, Lucario and Mewtwo.

That's my haul of EX's from this cup. Not too shabby.

Browning
23-03-2017, 09:36 PM
The new Pokemon look pretty shite.

That new plate though murders Deoxys.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-03-2017, 09:48 PM
I'm thinking of changing my deck completely from what I normally use in league, I'm bored of Reuins.

Zekrom
Reshiram
Xerneas
Mew
Latios
Yveltal.

Xerneas and Mew are locked as I love them, I just want something different to mess about with.

Browning
23-03-2017, 11:00 PM
I'm tempted to put Mew in for Greninja as he's superior in almost every way but the one draw back is I can't move him around with Manaphy.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable Fire/Ground event as I'll probably build a completely new deck for it. First time I won't be using Manaphy since I got him.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Fire/Ground would work pretty damn well for me.

Magmortar
Zekrom
Infernape
Charizard
Ho-Oh
Delphox.

Lacking in ground but I think that would work.

Browning
23-03-2017, 11:13 PM
Yea I would go with something similar, the only one I don't have is Zekrom.

I'd probably use Pupiter and X Attack it for an early kill to get Tyranitar. Maybe.

I would love a Moltres for the event but I'm not spending 4000 on it.

P_3
23-03-2017, 11:32 PM
Tyranitar is Rock not Ground.

Browning
24-03-2017, 12:11 AM
Of course he is. For some reason I thought he came up when I filtered to Ground types, but that was actually Dark types when I was seeing what I had due to the dark type boost plate.

I still might use him with that plate though. We'll see.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-03-2017, 01:53 PM
Decided to buy the new Dark Energy plate and switch my deck up again.

Mew
Magikarp/Gyarados
Yveltal
Greninja
Metagross
Ho-Oh.

Browning
25-03-2017, 11:32 PM
Bought 4 Quad Boosters as I had over 1000 gems. Got fuck all.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-03-2017, 11:34 PM
Yeah, they've been pretty shit lately.

Browning
26-03-2017, 05:03 PM
So yesterday I won 2 matches and then lost 3 on the bounce, having to beat Bug Bot to get my booster.

Today I started off with 2 crushing defeats, making it 5 on the bounce. I was almost relegated again. I then chucked together a deck and won 3 in a row. Not sure how much I like all of it, but it was randomly chucked together. Went for:

Greninja
Umbreon
Pupitar/Tyranitar
Mew
Magmortar
Ho-Oh

Obviously with the new dark plate.

It isn't perfect, Umbreon feels a bit pointless but I do like having an extra runner, plus he lets me have 2 dark types before I get T'tar. It needs improving for sure, but it'll do for now.

Browning
27-03-2017, 05:02 PM
4-0 today to get my booster, can't remember the last time that happened. :cool:

Up to around 2450 which is still about 100 off my all time best but it's the highest it's been in a long time. Granted I haven't faced any Reuniclus decks today but I faced someone with Attack/Speed/Defense form Deoxys and ruined them.

Oh an in other news I made some slight progress on my Pokemon Moon Nuzlocke after a 3 month hiatus. Got some grinding to do for the Elite 4 though.

Browning
29-03-2017, 05:44 PM
4-0 again today and I'm 6 points off my all time best. Fucking hell. Considering I just chucked that together it works remarkably well.

Browning
31-03-2017, 08:06 PM
Reached my highest ever rank (2623) and got a Heatran. :cool:

Edit- Another 4-0 day sees me hit the dizzying heights of 2705. Amazing that we were on the verge of relegation 5-6 days ago when I made this deck and since then we've improved by about 500 points.

Browning
04-04-2017, 11:07 AM
The Fire Gym is under way.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-04-2017, 11:43 AM
Going to run:

Zekrom
Ho-Oh x2
Magmortar
Vibrava/Flygon
Charizard.

I also have a Delphox but I think I like that 6 more.

Browning
04-04-2017, 11:44 AM
So far I'm running:
Ho-Oh
Delphox
Charizard
Heatran
Infernape
Magmortar

Considering others though, including Vibrava/Flygon. I'm so tempted to buy a Moltres but the short term usage puts me off.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-04-2017, 11:46 AM
Flygon on paper seems to be the best way to counter Moltres right now as he wont be able to use his soar when Flygon is on the field.

Browning
04-04-2017, 11:53 AM
That's a very good point and one I made to a mate earlier in the week but forgot about. May bin off Delphox for him then. Heatran is so clutch. :cool:

Browning
04-04-2017, 11:55 AM
Invest in a Flame Energy plate too.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-04-2017, 12:16 PM
Good point.

Browning
04-04-2017, 12:19 PM
I put Vibrava in and he fucks people up completely. I moved him 2 steps at the start (inside lane) and he put someone in the same position in front of me. A couple of turns later he hurdle jumped on the other side to my corner but moving Vibrava along one space stopped him being able to get to the goal and stopped the dude who was in front of Vibrava from being able to reach the other corner. He was on completely the back foot from there and it turned the game quickly to an easy win.

Scenes :drool:

Came up against a cunt running Reuniclus x 3, Flygon, Magmortar and Deoxys Attack. Every single fucking time I went up against Reuniclus it would be "I kill him... respin... I kill him... respin.... Confuse Ray/He kills me" without fail. In the end he had a Reuniclus and a Flygon on my corners with only my Vibrava back defending and I had Ho-Oh on one of his corners but he had 2 Reuniclus and Deoxys defending. Seeing the inevitable loss I moved Heatran up the field, hit his goal line Reuniclus and nailed Magma Slide. I was convinced that 3rd respin would be Confuse Ray again but nope.... he didn't get it for once and I pushed him off the goal inflicting a burn and wait. If he had a hurlde jump left he could have hurdled his own Reuniclus and blocked the goal but he didn't. He did have a Max revive but the revived Magmortar failed to take out Heatran so we won. Absolutely amazing.

Browning
04-04-2017, 02:34 PM
First EX of the event obtained.... Mewtwo.

Browning
04-04-2017, 03:12 PM
How do you select another deck? I have two made but can't find how you switch them?

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-04-2017, 03:16 PM
Click the little Pokeball by your fifth Pokemon on the league/gym main screen.

Browning
04-04-2017, 05:43 PM
I still have 2 EX cubes from the last event but can't decide who/what move to use them on. Any ideas?

I'm racking up the wins nice and fast to get 2 more.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-04-2017, 06:03 PM
Those who spin multiple times.

I usually use mine on Greninja.

Browning
04-04-2017, 07:10 PM
Greninja makes sense but I already have him at 21. 22 isn't going to make much difference is it?

2 Hits- 42 Vs 44
3 Hits- 63 Vs 66
4 Hits- 84 Vs 88
5 Hits- 105 Vs 110

So I guess at 5 hits it makes a difference, but fewer than that I doubt that matters. I doubt we'll run into many moves between 84 and 88, for example.

Not sure. I'm considering giving them to Infernape for his Drive Kick as everyone seems to be using him in this gym, but that's very short term thinking. I'm also not sure what they'd be worth to Mew but I am coming across a fair few chained Mew.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Some idiots don't seem to realise that Ho-Oh has 3 MP in this gym.

I had a guy use Moltres soar right past him to take my corner and I just casually moved onto his goal.

Browning
05-04-2017, 10:42 PM
I just trolled the fuck out of a 3 Moltres deck. Vibrava really is a don even if you don't get Flygon.

He started with the obvious Moltres up 2 on the inside. I put Vibrava in his way. He moved a Moltres up 3 on the opposite side. I moved Vibrava across one to the middle meaning neither Moltres could take a corner. This clearly rattled him and it allowed me to set up at the back. After a long tactical slog I moved up the field with Heatran and was able to pretty much constantly hit purple. He saved himself once with a Goal Block and once with a Hurdle jump but the 3rd time he had no answer and Heatran got in. I may have to keep him in my real deck, even with 2MP he is a beast.

Browning
10-04-2017, 11:38 AM
The 1-2 win boosters have been good to me giving me Mewtwo, Delphox, Charizard and Zapdos so far. The middle 2 were duplicates so used for chaining. I also got a Latios (another duplicate) in a locked booster.

Up to 86 wins so should be there soon.

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-04-2017, 09:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/InHwCFo.png

I can't play :uhoh:

A German Youtuber helped me \0/.

Browning
11-04-2017, 10:14 AM
That drama of my last game. :drool:

He starts with Delphox and I go aggressive, hitting it with Ho-Oh and get the Rainbow Wing to land on his corner. He moves back to his goal spot letting me bring out Heatran down the opposite side. He brings out a Zapdos who I hurdle over. He's now restricted to just Zapdos as he can't move Delphox without losing. Rather than try clear a corner he rushes to my goal and Zapdos KOs my defenders, Magmortar and Infernape. He's 2 spots away from my goal and I have no way of blocking it. All I can do is move Vibrava inside my corner to stop him reaching the goal. He moves inside Vibrava so all he needs is a neutral turn to win. However he spins Roost. I briefly think that wins me the game before remembering he can just use a Plate rather than move Delphox.... which he does, burning an X Attack. We attack again and another Roost forces him to Hurdle Jump to the other side of Vibrava. That's the break through we need as Vibrava moves to our goal spot and when he can't attack it the next turn Charizard comes out to defend. Vibrava is taken out and then Charizard spins 200 into a Thunder Charge. He paralyses Charizard but that doesn't stop him spinning 250 Vs Steel Wing to win us the game. Vibrava though. :drool:

Browning
11-04-2017, 07:10 PM
Something about my league deck just works and I've hit my all time high ranking of 2764. I just took down a guy ranked over 3000 with his Deoxys deck.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-04-2017, 12:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BnGI02H.png

I love the sextuples :drool:

Also bought Sceptile with material and I'm running this now:

Scpetile
Greninja (clvl 4)
Ho-oh
Xerneas (clvl 1)
Mew (clvl 1)
Empoleon.

Browning
12-04-2017, 04:48 PM
That's awesome. Empoleon is shit though. You'll want Prinplup to evolve into him at the very least.

I'm tempted to buy Virizion with my materials. He basically fucks Reuniclus/Deoxys if paired with that new plate.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-04-2017, 05:56 PM
Yeah I took out Empoleon for Zapdos.

Feels much better.

Browning
12-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Yea, Zapdos is a beast.

I still haven't cashed in on Virizion but I have 6200 material or something so I'm tempted. Then I'd buy the new plate and make a deck with him, Zapdos and Articuno, all of which would be able to soar over opponents and all of which would prevent Reuniclus from respinning. Virizion would also have a big advantage over them with that Grass Knot move. I'd then have to decide if I want to keep Umbreon/Greninja to counter Deoxys or not. I don't overly want to boot out Ho-Oh or Mew.... so it'll be a tough decision.

Browning
12-04-2017, 09:42 PM
Built my new deck around him and in it's first outing we went up against 3 x Reuniclus, 2 x Mew and 1 x Deoxys Attack. Murdered him. Wasn't even a contest. Virizion :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-04-2017, 10:10 PM
As much as I like Sceptile, I do wish I had paid for Virizion.

Browning
12-04-2017, 10:25 PM
Yea, I felt he was the best choice. Sceptile has that shot at doing 140 but otherwise.... nah.

Not sure what deck I'll use going forward as my other one was doing so well but also running into a lot of Reuniclus now I've reached this high (2819). Currently running with:

Articuno (Level 4)
Greninja (Level 5, Chain Level 2)
Mew (Level 5)
Ho Oh (Level 4, Chain Level 2)
Zapdos (Level 3)
Virizion (Level 3)

I do have 2 EX cubes so need to work out the best place to use those. Maybe on Zapdos's gold attack.

Obviously I bought the Grass Plate to go with it which means Reuniclus/Deoxys can only respin on my Greninja and Mew while 3 out of my 6 mons have a built in Hurdle Jump.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Stealth hit is a blue fly though.

It's awesome.

Browning
12-04-2017, 10:55 PM
The next cup is obviously Grass/Poison so that'll be interesting.

Trevenant (sp?) could be a real bitch to deal with is you use Pokemon Switch to get him to the business end of the field.

Browning
13-04-2017, 05:44 PM
So Reuniclus is officially dead. Good riddance. :drool:

Very impressed with this update.

Browning
14-04-2017, 05:41 PM
Up to the dizzying heights of 2932 after another perfect day. :drool:

Unfortunately Virizion wasn't overly involved in the wins other than one where he swapped spots with someone on the opponents goal, but I still love him. Zapdos was the MVP of the day though. Counter Attack is fucking deadly when 3 of your mons can soar over things.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-04-2017, 06:50 PM
I really like my deck but there is no counter to a Deoxys attacker unless I get incredibly lucky.

I need a Virizion.

I keep forgetting to use the new grass plate but I only have Sceptile.

Browning
14-04-2017, 07:09 PM
The new plate also works with birds and bugs so it's still useful for you. Everyone should have it to nullify Reuniclus/respins on deoxys attack and as a full heal if you don't face those.

I'm considering adding Umbreon (probably over mew) and running both dark energy and tropical energy.

Browning
17-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Up to the dizzying heights of 2932 after another perfect day. :drool:

Unfortunately Virizion wasn't overly involved in the wins other than one where he swapped spots with someone on the opponents goal, but I still love him. Zapdos was the MVP of the day though. Counter Attack is fucking deadly when 3 of your mons can soar over things.

Had such a rough time of it after this and dropped about 200 points. Mew coming back in for Umbreon. I still think he's the right play for Dark Energy, but it's not working for me.

Fucking hell I'm never dropping Mew again. First game back and he KOs (back to back) a Deoxys Attack, a Virizion, a Gyarados and a Zapdos to win it. Actually he didn't KO the Zapdos but he didn't need to. As a last ditch effort before my goalie was surrounded I attacked his and span 30 Vs a Miss.... he respins me (Deoxys Attack form) and I get 30 again. Virizion blocks the goal next and I spin gold Vs purple. Gyarados jumps over and it's gold Vs a miss. Finally Zapdos goes Gold Vs Gold against me to let me walk in. Mew, you have a place for life.

Oh and earlier I got 4 EXs in the only Sextuple pack I'll be able to afford i the time span. Zygarde, Metagross, Delphox and Empoleon.

Browning
19-04-2017, 12:06 PM
Grass/Posion Cup is underway.

I started with my regular deck (Mew, Greninja, Virizion, Zapdos, Articuno and Ho-Oh) but after one game I put in Leafeon for Ninja. Still not sure about that one. Very tempted by Venusaur over Articuno though.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-04-2017, 12:21 PM
I'm going with:

Sceptile
Venusaur
Chesnaught
Torterra
Cacnea
Zapdos.

Cacnea is a beast at level 5. He has no miss with a 28 wheel size 1 star purple poison sting but with a size 68 pin missile which gives 10x (12 for me as I have clvl) for each roll. He could be massive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonduel/comments/5qemw6/hooh_rolled_100_cacnea_rolled_10_thought_it_was/

He's legit.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-04-2017, 12:26 PM
40 energy? Damn.

More annoyed that we're not getting any EX green cubes.

Browning
19-04-2017, 12:59 PM
My Venusaur does 152 damage..... fuck.

Browning
19-04-2017, 01:11 PM
The removal of EX cubes is shit but finally getting myself a Gyarados is nice. Especially as he's flying type so he can come in to my Topical deck.

Seems a random reward though, I was sure it would be Meganium or Gengar.

Browning
19-04-2017, 02:55 PM
I think people who get a team full of Deoxys just get lazy and make stupid plays. Two games in a row they've left me confused....

First one my Mew took out his goalie. Virizion is right there ready to surround a new goalie and he moves Deoxys Attack to the goal (his only possible move really) but doesn't attack Mew. Granted it's a bad match up but he HAD to go for it. Game over.

Second one guy got a couple of lucky spins and had full control of the game particularly after my Virizion went down. Realising my best hope was to try end it early I rushed with Mew again. I attack his goalie and he switches to normal form (probably his best bet) and the spin is 30 Vs 90..... luckily I used double chance and somehow it comes off as I respin into Shuttle Flip and retreat to the corner. He's now the firm favourite albeit my Mew/Ho-Oh can surround one of his attack forms next turn and he doesn't take one of them out. Instead he brings the Normal form guy off the goal and attacks Mew.... spinning purple into my gold to concede the game outright.

8-0, 64th in the world currently. Leafeon is a boss. No one suspects him.

Browning
20-04-2017, 10:48 PM
I feel like they have nerfed the 1-2 win boosters, I've pulled nothing but commons.

Had a 20-1 record but then somehow lost 3 on the bounce (I thought it was only 2, but I then faced Bug Bot... so maybe it was 3). Picked up some wins since but that's annoying.

Phantump really is a cunt when they run more than 1 of him.

Guess me record currently is 22-4 (Assuming it was 3 losses) and that's enough for 107th in the world currently. Don't much care about that though, much more interested in getting boosters at the end of the month to get back to 4000 material in time for the next release.

Browning
21-04-2017, 09:16 PM
Game changer. Trevenant in a 1 win booster. :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Bastard.

This is my worst gym yet, I can't get any sort of run going.

Browning
21-04-2017, 10:08 PM
It's probably my best one, but Virizion is helping that a lot. A lot of people seem unaware of what he can do. Hoping to catch some fools out with Trevenant now too.

Browning
21-04-2017, 10:59 PM
I just got such a bullshit win, the guy must be fuming. He had THREE VIRIZIONS as well as a Chesnaught as runners. He starts with a Virizion on the inside lane which I meet with Zapdos. He then sends a second Virizion down my flank, blocking my corner in 2 turns during which I get Venusaur to the goal. Virizion 3 makes his way down the other side so I send in my Virizion next to Venusaur in case he spins that purple bollocks. Now he has both my corners locked down. Seeing he had no goal block I just said fuck it. Counter attack on Zapdos and soared past the original Virizion to 2 steps from the goal. He now had to kill me or it was game over. He double chances his own Zapdos and we spin Roost Vs Roost.... he respins.... into Roost. :D Any other move and he would surround me. Amazing.

Browning
22-04-2017, 07:42 PM
Trevenant is so good in this gym it's a shame he will be useless after it. Came in clutch for me in a game that was lost due to my corners being taken so early I chucked him in with long throw and he was able to move people away from the corner and turn the game. Hero.

Also had a match that was a total comedy of errors by us both. We both started with virizion but he stupidly advanced too far and had to goal block. I then bought in leafeon as did he but I went to the corner planning to long throw zapdos in if he did the same. Too late I realised all he had to do was run up the middle and I would be reliant on mew to take him out in one go but instead he defended, poor move. He then moved his virizion to kill mind leaving the goal open for leafeon but I missed it and we battled on the other side for about 5 turns each before I saw it and just walked in. He had forever to cover it up but clearly missed it too.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Got a Manaphy from a 24 hour box \0/.

I might have to take out the brilliant Xerneas for him.

Browning
23-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Manaphy is decent enough in an all water deck, but not much use beyond that. Mine had over 1000 games but I eventually out grew him.

Browning
23-04-2017, 10:34 PM
Had a rough day today and I estimate I was something like 2-6 in the event and 3-3 in the league but I spent some gems to get some more event games and have rattled up a few wins to make me feel a bit better about it. I kept coming up against full Deoxys decks who refused to miss a spin. Deoxys still needs to be nerfed as there are no good dark types to make Dark Energy viable and Tropical Energy doesn't do enough to them.

Almost has a comical win just now. I moved Virizion out and he bought out Deoxys Speed (his only Deoxys... thank fuck). I had to block that off with Mew and he moved a Lilligant towards his own goal and blocked it when I took his corner with Virizion. I then bought out Trevenant just for the laugh and was REALLY hoping to spin Purple, Move Lilligant to his own entry point and leave him with absolutely nothing he could do. Unfortunately Trevenant killed Deoxys. Was still an easy win though.

My moment of the day came just before that though. Guy had runners on both my corners and Virizion was my only defender. Game over.... if I didn't have Long Throw. Choice of Mew or Zapdos was hard but I chucked in Mew who proceeded to KO his Chesnaught freeing up a corner. Zapdos came in to the game but I made a terrible mistake and he got surrounded. Opponent then had a choice.... move his Torterra next to his Trevenant (Goalie) to defend or take my corner again with his Venusaur, preventing me getting my own (better chained) Venusaur back. I actually cheered when he went for the latter meaning Trevenant/Torterra had one chance and one chance only to take out Mew or I would win by surround (I had managed to get Leafeon out at some stage and up to his other corner). Mew Vs Torterra span Blue Vs Blue and King Mew completed another unlikely comeback. Never stop being a don Mew.

Browning
24-04-2017, 09:30 AM
Finished the gym with a record of 50-20... fairly sure about half those losses came yesterday. I was something stupid like 20-1 at one point but it got rougher towards the end.

May play some more for the free boosters, but glad it's over with for now. Should be getting the Gold Cup too as I'm in the top 250 currently, can't see my falling 1000 places even if I don't play the last 2 days.

Browning
25-04-2017, 10:09 AM
Deoxys Attack, Reuniclus and Cosmo Energy all getting massive downgrades :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-04-2017, 10:16 AM
I played with a team full of Deoxys yesterday in the gym.

Topical Energy and Sceptile slaughtered them.

Browning
25-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Tropical Energy can slaughter them, but I'm finding they still hit 130 all the fucking time and of course I never hit any of the moves I have that can counter it.

The change fucks them as when they bring out the runner you can just twat him out of there.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-04-2017, 10:21 AM
Yeah, it looks brilliant.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-04-2017, 12:13 PM
Empoleon looks like he'll be useful now too.

I might make a mental water deck when the update goes live:

Manaphy
Greninja
Empoleon
Gyarados x3.

Woof.

Browning
25-04-2017, 12:39 PM
You'd need another runner in there. Probably Mew. But otherwise it would be good. The only thing you have to keep in mind as a Water deck user is other Manaphy's can move you around at will.

Edit- Mew or Keldeo.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Mew in for a Gyarados then but yeah, that would be pretty beastly.

Browning
25-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Yea, I might consider running something very similar. I spent a long time with a water deck and it was effective for a long time until it became necessary to run Dark energy (and then tropical). I'm considering going back to it. The best moments are when someone has 1 random water type (normally Blastoise or Magikarp) and they use it to block the goal and you just move it away with Manaphy, or when you have a runner on each corner and they attack Manaphy letting you move both in for the surround in one go.

Browning
26-04-2017, 05:25 PM
I keep getting "unexpected error" which has almost certainly cost me a match I was winning by pissing away all my time.

All those hours of maintenance for this?

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-04-2017, 06:10 PM
I had one earlier.

But I managed to close the app and get back in to keep playing.

I like the water deck I post, works a treat.

Browning
26-04-2017, 08:34 PM
Supposedly it's a known error that happens when you attack anyone with a status condition, and it's effecting everyone.

I am tempted to go back to a water deck.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-04-2017, 01:55 PM
Just got an Articuno from a 3 hour box.

Only missing Moltres now.

Browning
27-04-2017, 06:58 PM
I've had him forever, but he's got a very limited usage. He got back into my team until I got Gyarados, then he was out again.

Really hoping for 20 boosters at the end of the month but am in serious danger of dropping back to 15.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-04-2017, 07:02 PM
Oh he's got no room in my team now but at least it's another option if we get an Ice and/or Flying type gym. Although that is probably a while off as we've already had one.

Browning
27-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Tried out a pure water deck after my own deck went 3-3 in League games and just wasn't getting any luck. Went with:

Greninja
Manaphy
Keldeo
Palkia
Empoleon
Gyarados (from Magikarp)

So basically the deck I used to run but with Gyarados in for Blastoise.

Absolutely battered the first guy I came up against. He was on top at the start and I was struggling a bit but once I got Palkia out (his ability is so annoying) I was able to KO his Latios and turned the game, but Empoleon proved the MVP killing his Delphox (picking up a burn but not giving a single fuck) then Mew and then Lugia on his way to the win.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-04-2017, 08:40 PM
I've seen a lot of people take someone out then use a Pokemon Switch to get Palkia out quicker.

No wait unlike with Zekrom/Reshiram.

Browning
27-04-2017, 09:07 PM
Yea, I'm just not sure I want to waste a plate for that.

You can bring him out using Manaphy too.

Browning
29-04-2017, 08:29 PM
I swore never to drop Mew again and I guess I was being punished for going back on my word. Mew into the Water deck and it's 10 times better. Mew really is undroppable from all decks.

Browning
29-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Holy shit I've just seen Kyogre. 130 base damage plus 20 from Manaphy plus 20 from Primal rage..... game over.

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-04-2017, 11:22 PM
I just had someone attack Manaphy with a Moltres.

He rolled a white and Manaphy started singing which allowed me to move a Magikarp right next to his goal and then I was able to move Greninja (who was on an entry point) to surround his 'Mon on goal.

Glorious.

Browning
01-05-2017, 10:30 AM
Yea, as I said, I've won many a match that way, and it's the best way to win them.

I just had one against a cunt with 5 Deoxys and a Zapdos. He got about 75% of the spins go his way but there was the odd Dimensional Slip that kept me in it. In the end I had Mew on the spot next to his goal and Empoleon on the corner read to surround Zapdos. He attacks Empoleon with Deoxys A and takes him out and then moves Deoxys A inside the corner. I take the corner again with Ninja but Deoxys A takes him out too. Then I had a genius idea. I took the corner with Palkia. Now because Palkia has no Gold Moves, I knew if he didn't over think it, he'd switch Deoxys A to Deoxys D, and it would go neutral. Sure enough that happened, and I just hurdle jumped him to surround Zapdos. Deoxys D couldn't reach the goal. Game over.

Browning
01-05-2017, 04:23 PM
I got 15 free boosters this morning and my best pull was Crobat.

My friend got 8 and got Blastoise, Manaphy and Empoleon....

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-05-2017, 05:14 PM
I got 7 and only got UCs.

Browning
02-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Water Cup has landed.

I'm running my usual Water deck to begin with and in only my 2nd match I face someone with a Chain Level 3 Kyogre.... but he never got to use it as I beat him too fast by KOing Wartortle, Manaphy and Poliwhirl all on his goal with Ninja. Hero.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-05-2017, 11:17 AM
A free Kygore at 50 wins :drool:

Browning
02-05-2017, 11:22 AM
That much was obvious when they buffed him.

There's another one too at 30.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Didn't see that one at 30 for some reason.

Forgot to change my team for the first match but it's full grass bar Zapdos (for the old gym) so that attack boost should be fine against 5 tentacools and a ninja.

Browning
02-05-2017, 11:31 AM
So far, my water team is taking the piss. 4-0 without any fuss whatsoever.

Browning
02-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Magikarp as a runner is so insane I might have to put in my other one.....

Guy was running all X Attacks and Overdrives as his plates. His only runner was Squirtle.

Turn 1- I move Greninja in 2 spots. He puts Squirtle in front of me but one step away so I can't hurdle.
Turn 2- I put Magikarp in 3 spots. He puts Grovyle in front of me but doesn't attack.
Turn 3- Hurdle jump over Grovle to the inside. Ball game.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-05-2017, 03:38 PM
Yeah Magikarp is great (with a Gyarados to evolve into), especially if people are foolish enough to leave it because he wont be KO'd in one attack.

Browning
02-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Palkia is also a hero. My latest opponent set up with 2 Manaphy and evolved his Prinplup into Empoleon so he essentially had an Empoleon doing +50 and all his others doing +40.... and Palkia didn't give a shit.

Browning
03-05-2017, 12:23 AM
When your opponent hits 190 and you hit a tiny dodge :drool:

Browning
04-05-2017, 08:25 PM
When it comes off, Manaphy is the best Pokemon in this entire game. I've had so many beautiful wins with Manaphy's song but nothing quite tops one of them.

I had a Magikarp on one of his corners but nothing on the other. He had a Frogadier and a Grovyle on the back line preventing Karp going in. He brings his Palkia forward (down my left flank) and attacks my Empoleon. Empoleon dies but Palkia gets frozen. I take the opportunity to drop Manaphy onto the field down the left side, in front of the Palkia. He brings Grovle away from his goal to unfreeze Palkia. I can't even remember what I did the turn in between but the next turn he uses his Palkia to attack Manaphy. I spin Manaphy's song. I use it to push his own Manaphy backwards and left one space, essentially blocking in the Grovle and Palkia. I then move my Greninja up next to his goal. Thanks to Manaphy blocking the path, no one else can get back there other than his Frogadier, who can't KO Ninja and so ends up getting surrounded. It was beautiful. :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-05-2017, 08:32 PM
I just had a dickhead Poliwhirl try my Manaphy.

Manaphy would have been knocked out but because of spinning pattern his attack shifted two pieces and he started singing. Moved Empoleon (who was on one entry point, he's a beast since the buff) next to his goal blocking Pokemon then on my turn moved Mew to surround him.

Browning
04-05-2017, 11:17 PM
I feel a bit bad about my latest win. :D

The guy was using Manaphy but didn't seem very clued up on how to use him. His Manaphy constantly span Manaphy Song though and all my Mons refused to spin gold. He had a chance to move my Magikarp off my goal but he missed it, albeit I'm not sure if it won him the game or not (I can't recall if Sceptile was in range). Later on he did move my Karp away but on that occasion my Mew was in position to take over from Karp. He then bought Sceptile up next to Mew and was going to win by surround unless I could KO his Sceptile (with Mew.... no chance) or his Blastoise. I went for Blastoise with Palkia which is horrible odds given my Manaphy was dead and his wasn't.... and we span 120 Vs 100, boosted to 120.... ELIMINATED. That was a massive swing for me. I was then able to move Karp up right next to Manaphy who was his last line of defense after he bizarrely committed Gyarados forward. He was left with a choice... attack my Magikarp with Manaphy and try and move it (nailed on he would have spun Song) or attack my Mew with his Sceptile and try and kill it. If Mew went down Palkia was there to cover but would need to KO Sceptile or I would lose to a surround. Granted neither is great odds for him but either could happen. What does he do? Attacks Palkia with Gyarados..... he benched him.... and I got the surround. Fucking hell.

Browning
06-05-2017, 04:12 PM
I can't believe the amount of people that attack manaphy when a purple roll will end the game. Guy just now had a brilliant set up with 3 cacnea, a tentacool (powered up by cacnea), a manaphy and then a poliwag on goal and I was pretty powerless against that. I put him in a position where I can surround one cacnea so he attacks manaphy, does well over 100 into a manaphy song.... game over.

Browning
07-05-2017, 11:40 AM
3 EXs so far in the event... Torterra, Manaphy (third one but I fusioned one of the three away) and last night a Rhyperior. Buzzing with the last one.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-05-2017, 11:56 AM
I've had none :(

Haven't played all that much though, I have to pull my finger out.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-05-2017, 03:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HRnWdNa.jpg

He attacked Manaphy who rolled his song twice :harold:

Browning
07-05-2017, 08:11 PM
Yea, I had one exactly like that. Manaphy is brilliant.

Strategy I'm loving if people don't bring enough runners to the party is:

Turn One- Put Greninja on the inside left channel, making them block his path.
Turn Two- Run Mew up the inside Right channel and then they block him....
Turn Three- Hurdle Jump to the corner and then
Turn Four/Five- Run Magikarp up the inner right channel and get him next to the goalie. Game over unless they have someone who can reach Mew and can kill him in one shot.

Obviously it's not fool proof as if they anticipate it they can set up a surround on Karp preventing you going in next to the goalie, or if they have Empoleon they can chuck him in inside Mew, but it is catching so many people out.

Browning
08-05-2017, 12:10 PM
I love it when people just get simple decisions wrong. I moved my Mew up next to this guys goalie, ready for the surround. He couldn't surround Mew or block the surround so his choice was attack Mew with Manaphy or with Empoleon. He had 2 Manaphy on the board so his scenario was:

- I spin Blue = Game Over
- I spin Gold = Empoleon needs to spin his gold (anything else is too strong) or Manaphy needs to spin his white (much more likely)
- I spin White= Manaphy keeps him in the game (unless he spins Dodge), Empoleon keeps him in the game (unless he spins miss/dodge).

In the end I span Blue, so it was much of a muchness, but when he went for Empoleon I couldn't help but laugh.

Browning
08-05-2017, 01:34 PM
Seems all the top decks are using 2 x Manaphy, 2 x Magikarp and 2 others (normally 1 of which is Empoleon). I came up against one of those just now going for my 50th win and got it by making 2 moves and using zero attacks or plates. :cool:

Greninja out, path blocked by Magikarp.
Mew out, attacked by Double Chance Blastoise but Mew KOs him.
Mew next to goal.... his only possible move was attack with Manaphy and pray for Bubble Vs Gold... Shuttle Flipped onto the goal. :drool:

Browning
09-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Looks like it'll be a Steel gym next and Aggron will be the figure to own. Lucky I have him. :drool:

My latest opponent was running Heatran without a fucking clue how to use him. I got both his corners locked with just his Goalie on the field, but Heatran kept his hopes alive. He constantly jumped out and CONSTANTLY spun purple Vs my white.... however he kept jumping out to the wrong spot. If he had picked other spots he could have pushed me away and blocked my other mons from retaking the corner but he never did. At the end of the match he pushed Palkia away and I retook the corner with Kyogre.... now keep in mind Palkia occupies one of the spots 2 away.... instead of leaping out between me and the goalie, he leaps out to the other spot, and then it comes off for him again, he can only push me next to the goalie. :D Idiot.

Browning
10-05-2017, 10:30 AM
Not convinced by any of the new Pokemon but I need to buy something with my material. Tempted to just get Sceptile, but feel like it's a waste at this point. I guess I'll wait and see what people are doing for the next Gym.

Did get another Aggron this morning so that's something. I hope he gets the MP boost in the event but it looks like that might be going to Rock types. Rhyperior :drool:

Browning
10-05-2017, 11:34 PM
Took the plunge and spent 4000 on Terrakion. Can't stand sitting on it rather than getting a new figure. Should be an exceptional counter to Sceptile, mew and greninja.

Next gym seems to be Rock getting the MP and Steel getting the +20. With that in mind my planned deck is: Mew, Terrakion (two runners), Aggron x 2, Rhyperior and one from Metagross/Heatran/Empoleon. Probably Heatran.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-05-2017, 10:15 AM
New gym, I think I'll roll with this:

Aggron
Lucario x2
Empoleon
Metagross
Mew.

Not really sure about it but I don't have many options in rock or steel.

Edit: Just got a Coballion, he can come in for Metagross.

Edit: And I spent 4k mats on Terrakion so he comes in for one Lucario.

Browning
17-05-2017, 05:30 PM
I'm not convinced by Rhyperior, but the rest of my deck is immense for this.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-05-2017, 12:12 PM
Terrakion is :drool:

Browning
26-05-2017, 08:44 PM
After struggling for the past few days I completely revamped my deck to Greninja, Manaphy, Mew, Magikarp (Gyarados), Kyogre and Corsola and it is absolutely demolishing everyone.

Browning
31-05-2017, 07:42 PM
New gym but it's nowhere near as easy for me as the last one (though I am 6-2 so it's not too bad). Running with Terrakion, Virizion, Mew, Infernape, Lucario and Zapdos.

My water deck got raped today though, miss after miss after fucking miss.

Dan
06-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Pokemon Direct just about to start. All of the previous ones have been big news, usually a new game, so hopefully this one will have something interesting too.

Marriland hosting it on Twitch. (https://www.twitch.tv/marriland)

EDIT: Pokken Tournament DX for the Switch :moop:

Browning
06-06-2017, 02:24 PM
Did you miss the new DS games?

Edit- And Gold/Silver on the VC :drool: They're shit but :drool:

Dan
06-06-2017, 03:39 PM
Yeah, I went shopping about two minutes in :D

Looks like Solgaleo & Lunala can both fuse with Necrozma, Kyurem-Black/White style, and potentially new pokemon/forms.

Browning
06-06-2017, 10:11 PM
I don't know what it is about Sun/Moon, but they really seem to have dampened a lot of people's attitudes towards the series. I myself still haven't bothered to take on the E4 but I put that down to the ridiculous level bump I expect there to be (I'm not sure as I haven't tried it) and the fact I couldn't be bothered to grind it out and didn't want to fail a Nuzlocke that far in. I'll probably just go for it sometime soon when I can be bothered. But the usual people I talk to who would usually be really hyped by a new game being announced just don't seem to care one way or another. Maybe Sun/Moon were just a bit shit on reflection.

Dan
06-06-2017, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I played the whole main story in about a week then never touched it again. Didn't even finish the post-game stuff.

Browning
11-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Are you still playing Mahow ?

I've opened 21 single boosters since the update (I was saving them for the update, and then I got 2 more today to take it to 21) and I have pulled both Suicune and Swampert. Bring on the gym.

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-06-2017, 11:07 PM
Rarely.

I've run out of steam so I've decided to go on a bit of a break.

Wasn't able to play in the last gym even though I wanted to.

Browning
11-06-2017, 11:09 PM
The next gym is going to be Ground/Water so it should be great. Swampert has kind of forced me to rethink which deck to run though.

Browning
13-06-2017, 07:02 PM
Proper Pokemon game coming to the switch.

Shut up and take my money.

Dark Soldier
13-06-2017, 07:16 PM
I like it in here its how I imagine a weeaboo meet-up looks like

Browning
24-06-2017, 11:22 PM
I swore never to drop Mew again and I guess I was being punished for going back on my word. Mew into the Water deck and it's 10 times better. Mew really is undroppable from all decks.

I really need to take my own advice. Been struggling the last few days, stick Mew in for the fairly useless Suicune and we're dominating everyone.

New deck is Manaphy, Mew, Empoleon, Gyarados, Rhyperior, Swampert

To think Suicune has clocked up 110 games for me when Greninja was much better than him in the Gym (I realised that about half way through) and Mew is much better than him in league.

Baz
27-06-2017, 08:25 PM
Anyone still playing Pokémon ago? The new gym system is miles better.

Already solo'd two raids (Electabuzz and Exeggutor) and hoping to do a three/four trainer one tomorrow, if one pops up at the right time. :cool:

7om
30-06-2017, 08:33 PM
What game is this your playing, Browning?

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-06-2017, 08:39 PM
Pokemon Duel.

7om
01-07-2017, 01:26 AM
After a little break, I am almost done with Soul Silver. I just finished the seventh Gym and got the whirlpool TM so I can go and visit those islands which I'm guessing have some legendaries inside. My top guys who I rotate in and out looks like this:

Lvl 35 Ninetales
Lvl 34 Persian
Lvl 33 Miltank
Lvl 32 Machamp
Lvl 32 Gengar
Lvl 31 Polywhirl

I'm also trying to quickly level up a Jigglypuff for all the final battles that lie ahead. Pokedex stands at 96 at the moment. Is that respectable? I have no idea.

7om
01-07-2017, 04:22 AM
So I just spent the last two hours fending off level 20 Tentacools, Zubats, Seels and Krabbys while trying to navigate these fucking Whirl Islands. I eventually get to the cave where the legendary is supposed to be and there's nothing. A period of furious Googling has informed me that you need all eight gym badges and some fucking item from the Kimono Girls in that dance theatre :face:

Fuck this shite.

Browning
04-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Finally, finally, finally hit 3000 league rating just now. I was close to it months ago (2935 or something) and then crashed back down to earth and think I got as low as 2600 or something. The heroes that got us there are Manaphy (my most used figure with 1693 duels under his belt), Mew (1066), Magikarp (659, Gyarados 311), Empoleon (395), Rhyperior (298) and Swampert (229). Ironically Manaphy didn't even get off the bench in the whole game for tactical reasons (boosting Gyarados to 135 would make him more likely to die to Virizion whilst not helping him anywhere else). Rhyperior was the hero who got us over the line by bulldozing a Leafeon. I have zero idea why so many top players use Leafeon.

I wish there was somewhere to see how many total duels you've done. The records screen says 880 so that must only count certain matches because it's clearly not right.

I'm currently top 100 in the gym too using Zapdos, Jolteon, Stunfisk, Galvantula, Raikou and Dragonaire (Dragonite).

Shame it's just me playing these days. :D

Gray Fox
23-07-2017, 01:43 PM
I'm not sure if anyone still plays Pokemon Go in any way but a few weeks back they announced their first "global" event, to be held in Chicago, to celebrate the 1st year of the game passing. Essentially they cordened off a park and charged tickets for entry. Inside the park they made loads more stops and a stage for announcements. The idea being that there would be 3 challenge windows, 30 minutes each, wherein every pokemon caught in the world, but most importantly at the event, would count towards the total. If targets were hit a "Special surprise" would be unlocked later.

We had a similar event here in Chester city centre and certain other countries had their own, but the Chicago one was the proper one.

Turns out it was a disaster.

To get into the park, you provided a ticket and were given a unique QR code, so lines were slow getting in, with reports of it taking several hours just to get in. 20,000 people or so turned up to the event. And once inside they found that there was no provided wi-fi access/hotspots. So essentially no one could log into the game and if they did, it was extremely laggy and often froze out. This carried on all day and whilst it happened, the CEO and other hosts got onto the stage to pretend like it was only a small issue and start the challenges. They were later caught lowering the targets to make it seem like all was fine.
Crowds turned unhappy and started booing the hosts and chanting. A lot of people left empty handed and disappointed. After they stood in the(up to an hour long) queue to leave that is.

It must have been bad as Niantic have offered anyone who turned up and scanned the QR code a refund, $100 in-game coins and a free Lugia. They also announced the release of Lugia and Articuno, which was the special surprise this was all building too. Articuno because the Mystic team apparently did the most work.

Given the amount of people that turned up and the same with Chester yesterday, I reckon this could well have re-ignited some interest in the game, but instead they may well have helped properly kill it.

Browning
23-07-2017, 01:52 PM
RIP Pokemon Go.

Thankfully, Pokemon duel should be revived by the upcoming massive update.

Browning
17-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Holy fuck, don't know if anyone is still playing Duel but Mega Pokemon are :drool:

I stopped playing for about a month or maybe even more other than gyms (which have been rare lately) so I started playing as a new gym launched. I had a bunch of free boosters and one of them contained Mega Charizard X who is raping people in the gym. He is unstoppable.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-08-2017, 07:53 PM
I gave up but I'll get back into it now that the big update has hit.

Browning
17-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Mega Charizard X is fucking scary in the gym.

All his attacks get +20 as standard because his ability is all your pokemon get unfrozen and all fire types do +10 and all Dragons get +10

He has 3MP as his usual is 2 but it's a Dragon gym.

His attacks do 130 (boosted to 150) and then 60 times the spin (he has the same wheel as normal Charizard) which of course gets the +20 afterwards too.

And here is the real key point.... anyone he knocks out is eliminated for 7 turns. :drool:

I'm literally reducing people to 2 mons with ease.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-08-2017, 08:34 PM
I got a UX Beedrill from a 10 booster.

Browning
18-08-2017, 07:41 PM
:D I knew someone would fall for this eventually....

Got Articuno onto someone's corner, the goal is open but Articuno only has 2 MP. I pokemon switch to Charizard and he doesn't see it coming so takes my corner with Reshiram. From his perspective he's about to make me have to defend because my goal is wide open for his 3 MP Reshiram to stroll into but I just mega evolve and walk in.

Browning
19-09-2017, 09:01 PM
I've just been made aware that this is a Pokemon....

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/799.shtml

What the fuck are these games coming to. I'm kind of glad I never finished Moon.

Dan
19-09-2017, 11:17 PM
You've not seen the new wall pokemon yet then?

Pleb
19-09-2017, 11:18 PM
Are we close to getting a 3DS/Switch remake of R/G/B/Y?

Browning
19-09-2017, 11:21 PM
It was more the name that stunned me. So awful.

Browning
25-09-2017, 10:11 PM
So Gold and Silver hit the E-Shop about 3 days ago, to zero fanfare, unlike Red and Blue.

Me and my brother have decided to "Soul Link" it, which is another play style we found online. In essence it's a regular Nuzlocke but our teams are linked together, so if the Pokemon I caught on Route 1 (for example) dies, so does his. We have to play through at the same pace, and we can't have the same primary type repeated on our teams (e.g. if I have a Water/Ground Pokemon, he can't have a primary Water pokemon, but he could have something where Water is the secondary type). You also have to keep the pairs together so I can't stick a mon in the PC and have him continue to use it's partner, so every time we both catch a pair we have to consider what is best for our collective team.

So far we've just got through the one gym and I'm rocking Chikorita (the RNG fucking hates me), Hoothoot, Geodude and Wooper which are linked to his Quilava, Spinarak, Zubat and Mareep respectively. Our other surviving pairs currently in the PC due to repeated types are Rattata/Geodude and Bellsprout/Rattata.

Seems to be a solid enough start, but if it's anything like the other Soul Links we tried (we tried a few on some ROM hacks we never played before, which may have been a bit ambitious, and we failed both very early doors) he'll fuck it up soon enough and cause me some deaths.

Browning
27-09-2017, 11:14 PM
My brother is seething at me tonight over the Soul Link. :drool:

We agreed ahead of time that in game trades were allowed to when I got Ditto and he got Drowzee he traded that for Machop and we rinsed Whitney with Machop/Golem respectively (I already had Golem as I've pretty much been forced to solo run with Geodude to this point). He then evolved his Machop into Machoke while still at my house so I was on my way to the Pokemon Centre to trade with him when my Ditto died to a wild Nidoran. He had the battle well in hand and I was trying to level him up, and 1 crit Horn Attack and he died. It seemed bizarre because the crit literally did 3-4 times the damage a regular horn attack did, but we looked it up and supposedly that's a little known drawback to Ditto that crits take into account his original stats, not the stats of who he transformed into, explaining why it raped him. He wanted to not count it as we didn't know about that, but I refused as it would ruin the run (plus Ditto was just a liability who would die the first time he was crit).

We carried on and in a random cave he got another Machop and I got a Rattata, which I could have used Dupes clause on, but there was little else there. 2 fights later it died to a crit tackle from a Stantler. :D

I haven't even been close to losing anything else, I just think it's his destiny to not use Machop.

Browning
24-10-2017, 12:09 PM
I'm sure you've long given up on Pokemon Duel Sir Andy Mahowry but I've been playing gyms only for a while (and starting to do daily missions again after about 2 months without bothering) and the latest gym has been so much fun. Ghost getting both buffs. :drool:

I've got something like a 30-7 record with the losses being 3 in a row where all I did was miss, 2 where the RNG was pretty bad but not as breaking as those 3.... and then 2 where I played like utter shite and thoroughly deserved to lose. All told though I've bossed the gym.

Gray Fox
05-11-2017, 02:29 PM
I still play Pokémon Go pretty regularly and we've come to the end of Gen 2, about to have Gen 3 fully released. The new raids system has well and truly turned the game into just raiding between in game events. Anyway at the beginning of September they introduced a new EX Raid system in which you get an invite in advance to a raid. Said raid has a much rarer Pokémon than usual there to catch after.

So far it's been all Mewtwo at these raids, but there is the possibility of Ho-oh/Celebi being added in the near future. They seem to release a wave of invites once a week but to a small number of players. In any case I've received one for this coming Saturday. May well be my one and only chance to catch a Mewtwo.

Baz
05-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Yeah I play everyday but I’m not really into raiding. Did manage to get my first legendary last week in a Suicune, after failing to catch nearly a handful of Articunos. It’s not a good one though.

Gray Fox
06-11-2017, 11:18 PM
Yeah I play everyday but I’m not really into raiding. Did manage to get my first legendary last week in a Suicune, after failing to catch nearly a handful of Articunos. It’s not a good one though.

I've managed to catch several of each legendary so far. 4 Articuno, 4 Zapdos, 2 Moltres, 2 Lugia, 5 Entei and 5 Suicune. Managed to get 2 Raikou so far too. I should really transfer the lower IV of them so I have 1 to use, but just can't bring myself to do it. plus I'm holding a few for mates in case trading ever comes.

Browning
08-11-2017, 10:39 PM
Just got "Tapu Bulu" in duel and had no idea what the fuck it was until the name came up. They aren't even trying anymore.

Dan
09-11-2017, 12:25 AM
You've not seen Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko or Tapu Fini yet then.

Seen a few leaks about Ultra Sun & Moon from the competitive side, but I've not played since whenever I finished Sun & Moon (probably a few days after release), so I guess we'll see how it is, since I'm obviously still going to end up getting it. Didn't bother getting any of the mega stones, or even Marshadow, when they were being given out, which is a pretty good sign how much I lost interest.

Baz
09-11-2017, 09:46 PM
I've managed to catch several of each legendary so far. 4 Articuno, 4 Zapdos, 2 Moltres, 2 Lugia, 5 Entei and 5 Suicune. Managed to get 2 Raikou so far too. I should really transfer the lower IV of them so I have 1 to use, but just can't bring myself to do it. plus I'm holding a few for mates in case trading ever comes.Bloody hell what level are you? I’m about to hit 31.

Browning
09-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Lele and Koko have been in duel for ages, they're all equally shit and baffling. Pokemon shouldn't have 2 part names except Mr Mime.

Gray Fox
09-11-2017, 11:04 PM
Bloody hell what level are you? I’m about to hit 31.

Halfway through level 30. We've got 200 or so players in this town who are still going. Almost every legendary raid at weekends has a group large enough to do it.

Gray Fox
11-11-2017, 08:05 PM
Managed to catch Mewtwo. 10 people turned up with an invite pass and only 3 left empty handed.

Baz
12-11-2017, 09:03 AM
Shiny silvally on Pokémon sun moon:

A726LNERNN55WGUP

Dan
17-11-2017, 11:14 AM
Ultra Sun & Moon are out today, and I’ve fallen back into the trap of getting hyped :D

Blacephalon & Stakataka both look interesting to use, and Ultra Necrozma looks disgusting. The upcoming legendary looks pretty cool too.

Played SuMo again but it’s still completely garbage postgame. If I didn’t like the main story I’d probably make it the worst game of the series.