PDA

View Full Version : The Pokemon Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

P_3
26-07-2016, 12:31 PM
Caught myself a Dratini and Ivysaur this morning and got to level 18. I now have 48 Pokemon ready to evolve but am still missing the fourth 10km egg.

Dan
26-07-2016, 12:39 PM
I made a spreadsheet to plan my lucky egg use :cool:

Got two eggs about to hatch, plus I can evolve 4 Caterpie, 14 Weedle, 18 Pidgey, 11 Rattatta, 1 Eevee, 1 Zubat, 1 Metapod, 1 Kakuna & 1 Pidgeotto, all of which should net me about 60,000 experience. If I can catch one more Gastly I can evolve one of those as well, which should add another couple of grand. Same applies if I can catch a few more Spearow, but I think I'll probably just end up saving both of those for the next round, along with Drowzee, which I still don't have enough candies to evolve.

I'm just about to reach lv13 anyway, so I should end up on the brink of lv17 if all goes to plan.

EDIT: A Gastly spawned just outside my house, so I will now be getting a Haunter tomorrow as well :drool:

All done, and I'm about 100EXP from lv17. Let my Eevee hatch randomly & got a Vaporeon, which is solid, and my eggs were Rhyhorn & Machop, which I'm satisfied with. My strongest pokemon is still my Weezing though.

Current best team of six is Weezing (690), Golbat (641), Vaporeon (619), Pidgeot (531), Raticate (435), Haunter (426).

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Hatched an abra, rhyhorn, electrabuzz and tentacool today. The buzz is my first over 1000 \0/.

Browning
26-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Not played at all for two days. Think I've grown bored of it.

Pleb
26-07-2016, 07:28 PM
I personally never really bothered with Go.

I'm just waiting for Sun and Moon :nod: Meanwhile I've managed to get myself a virtual copy of the original Red :cool:

Browning
27-07-2016, 05:49 PM
Honest trailer for this is superb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD-KCkpcsvA

And yea Pleb, when Sun/Moon come out this can get fucked.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-07-2016, 12:03 AM
Hatched a Porygon today :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/tqvSXtm.gif

P_3
28-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Up to 71k in evolution xp saved up, but I'm still searching for that elusive fourth 10km egg. I'm 20k xp away from level 20 when you pick up two more incubators, so might hold off until then. That would give me 12k from six eggs and possibly another 6k for new Pokes. Other than that, very little has actually happened for me. No Arcanines, no Dragonites, no Pikachus. :(

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-07-2016, 05:19 PM
597 CP Bulbasaur in an egg today :drool:

Also some pleb has 'won' the game:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-36912572

Andy
28-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Charmander CP 500 from an egg today. Also got a Hitmonlee, Graveler and Kingler for the first time today.

Byron
29-07-2016, 06:31 AM
So to move away from Pokemon Go, I'm in the middle of another Nuzlocke, with Pokemon X (I'm now at the point that I basically can't play a game unless it's a Nuzlocke) and I thought Pokemon X would be an easy Nuzlocke to finally complete one.

Holy fuck.

So basically the reason I'm wary of Pokemon X is there are three trainers who can end your run very early. There is a very early trainer who has a Lvl 13. Kadabra (CHEATER!) which you are unlikely to be able to beat without a couple of deaths and sheer brute force, especially if he decides to use Amnesia. After that you come across a trainer on Route 8 with an Axew, who likes to spam the 40hp attack Dragon Rage. You'll not likely have a Pokemon who can tank more than one of these unless you caught the Snorlax on Route 7 or a Fairy Type.

Finally you have Korrina in Geosenge Town, who rocks up with two Lucarios who will set themselves up for an absolutely devastating sweep unless you can hit them hard or have a Ghost type.

So in order I've lost 10 Pokemon;

Skitty died to the Kadabra, which annoyed me because I wanted some Fairy attacks to help me through and Beedrill died soon after.
My Quilladin died to a critical hit from the Snorlax
My Wartortle perished when Grant's Tyrunt got a critical hit Bite on him
Oddish and Hippopotas both perished when I was trying to level them up against Hawluchas and Snubballs on Route 10
Skiddo died soon after, again in the course of trying to level him up
Fletchinder and Sawk both died in Reflection Cave which was quite possibly one of the most grueling treks that I've had in a Pokemon game.

So how the hell am I still around, with both starters dead?

THESE TWO.

http://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/dream-world/425.svg

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/pokemon/images/c/c7/115Kangaskhan_Mega_Dream.png/revision/latest?cb=20140901133329.png

Seriously, catching these two on Route 8 and Glittering Cave saved my run. Grant's gym? Kangaskhan laughs at him with his decent bulk, solid attack and Rock Smash. Korrina's two Lucarios? Well when they have no attacks that can touch Drifloon I get far more comfortable. Plus the Fighting Gym in Shalour City was an absolute joke, the only issue being Korrina's Machoke with Rock Tomb, but Ominous Wind meant my (now) Drifblim was boosted to fuck.

So just after finishing Shalour City I now have;

Level 32 Lucario
Level 31 Drifblim
Level 30 Lapras
Level 30 Vaporeon
Level 29 Kangaskhan

A couple of rules I allowed myself;

One Mercy Heal (already used on Vaporeon)
Must fight all trainers without question
Cannot flee any fights (which terrifed me whenever I came up against a Wobuffet)
No Battle Chateau
Can accept Gift or Trade Pokemon but they count as the Pokemon for that town/route.

Browning
29-07-2016, 06:59 AM
It's the double battles that terrify me when I play X, particularly the 2 furfrous fight early on. I trolled them with a ghost last time I played by depositing everyone else in the PC.

Byron
29-07-2016, 07:06 AM
Yeah I remember using Wartortle to Withdraw to fuck and Quilladin's Leech Seed to simply stall them out. Those two Furfrou's are far too early considering the Pokemon you're likely to have at that stage.

Browning
29-07-2016, 07:08 AM
That does sound like a much better Nuzlocke than your one in the OP though, which was everything I hate about some runs. You had ONE Pokemon in your team that was caught by chance the rest you were guaranteed to get, which defies the point entirely as the main intention is to make people use mons they rarely use. So at least it's improved since then. I usually don't allow myself either starter when I play X for that reason so I'll be interested to see how you get on from here. Watch out for Malamar.... What a cunt he is.

Dan
29-07-2016, 11:46 AM
So far today I've missed out on/been unable to find a Dratini, a Wartortle, an Electabuzz & a Kabuto :cry:

Gray Fox
29-07-2016, 08:38 PM
My daughter has been dying for either me or the other half to get a Pikachu. Finally saw my first one today and it ran after only one ball. :(

A Blastoise also spawned in the town centre high street and there was suddenly a flurry of people marching up and down the road.

Still, I'm now level 12 and have great balls available. Do you get them from Stops too or are they harder to come by?

Browning
29-07-2016, 08:39 PM
I seem to get more of them than poke balls. Shame they are shit.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-07-2016, 08:39 PM
You can get them from stops.

Andy
29-07-2016, 09:29 PM
Hit level twenty today. Caught about 100 Pokemon today, new today are Cubone and Seadra. I'm also very close to evolving 4-5 others. Caught 67 different Pokemon now.

Samadini
29-07-2016, 09:37 PM
The grind becomes very real once you hit level 20.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-07-2016, 10:15 PM
Yeah I hit 20 and it's been slow going, fuck knows how some people have managed to hit 40.

Andy
29-07-2016, 10:34 PM
Money's. Loads quicker if you've constantly got 9 incubators going and extra lucky eggs.

Noticed the jump from 25k XP to 50k. Nice.

Byron
30-07-2016, 08:00 AM
That does sound like a much better Nuzlocke than your one in the OP though, which was everything I hate about some runs. You had ONE Pokemon in your team that was caught by chance the rest you were guaranteed to get, which defies the point entirely as the main intention is to make people use mons they rarely use. So at least it's improved since then. I usually don't allow myself either starter when I play X for that reason so I'll be interested to see how you get on from here. Watch out for Malamar.... What a cunt he is.

Yeah, one problem with Nuzlockes as you say is that they can far too easy if you grind early on and get a bit of luck.

Anyway luck is not with me on this one and Coumarine City was just as brutal. I wiped the floor with Serena and feeling cocky I decided to storm the gym, especially given that I had my Drifblim with Gust, not a strong Flying move but useful against the Grass types in Ramos' gym.

Then his fucking Jumpluff ruined things. Using Acrobatics and Leech Seed he wore Drifblim down more than I could recover with Super Potions and I lost probably my favourite Pokemon of the run so far (I misjudged the final turn by thinking Leech Seed would do less damage than it did). Kangaskhan avenged him but then got into a brutal war of attrition against his Gogoat. I was initially worried, thinking he might have Double Kick but I need to press on as I had Kangaskhan, Lucario and then two Water types in Vaporeon and Lapras. Got the advantage by switching to Lucario on his Take Down, which negated it but his Bulldoze brought Lucario down to 5hp.

As a result, I had to bring out Lapras to give me a turn to heal Kangaskhan and I was convinced he might have the bulk to survive a turn, at which point Gogoat used Grass Knot and killed Lapras.

Everything else was pretty easy but yet again I'm left with just three Pokemon;

Lvl. 33 Kangaskhan
Lvl. 33 Lucario
Lvl. 30 Vaporeon

I can used my Good Rod to catch a Pokemon in Coumarine City and then there is the Kalos Badlands for another one. So 5 Pokemon, two Water Types, one Normal type and one Fighting Type and A.N. Other.

What do you mean the next gym is an Electric Gym? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Byron
30-07-2016, 08:26 AM
Finds a Dugtrio in the Kalos Badlands

Thank you merciful RNGesus.

Browning
30-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Haha nice, this sounds like a great Nuzlocke.

I'm not sure the issue is grinding really. I think the issue with some Nuzlocke runs is people allow themselves to use too many starters/gifts/free mons etc allowing you to basically plan your team ahead of the game and have a 100% chance of getting it, which I feel defies the point. That's why when I Nuzlocke I deposit my starter straight away, and either use no gifts or limit myself to 1 gift. I do allow in game trades but only if I have what the person is looking for. But each to their own and it's about what people enjoy/find challenging, but I've watched a few Nuzlocke's on Youtube and given up when it became obvious they were going to make things far too easy for themselves.

That said, the biggest sin is using the Shift battle mode. What a crutch that is.

I will be allowing myself my starter on Sun/Moon because it's a Blind Nuzlocke, and because my starter was randomly determined. That should be interesting.

I'm still negotiating the rules with the other people involved but I think we're leaning towards no Items used in battle, which will add another element to it too.

Sam
30-07-2016, 11:11 PM
What is acceptable grinding? Recently completed on Pokemon X (blind) where I had a semi-decent team but all severely underleveled apart from a Hippowdon and Staraptor so I ground out some hordes because I'll be damned if I was facing the Elite Four with 4 mons around the 45ish level. Flipside was that it somewhat made the final fights easy.

Browning
30-07-2016, 11:31 PM
I think you can grind as much as you want really. What levels did you end up with when you beat the Elite 4? My levels ended up insanely high on my Y Nuzlocke I did recently.

Byron
31-07-2016, 07:00 AM
When will it end?

I caught my Dugtrio and thought things were looking up, I was enjoying myself cruising through the Kalos Power Plant, the Team Flare grunts mainly pack Fire and Poison types and I was (literally) Bulldozing my way through. Unfortunately my Dugtrio then bought it when the Flare Admin's Mightyena hit a Critical Feint Attack, thus I was back down to 3 Pokemon with the Electric Gym looming.

I actually did something I don't usually do here and researched what Pokemon Clermont would be packing and saw he had a Heliolisk with Grass Knot, which would have ended Dugtrio. His Magenton was standard and then he had a fucking Emolga.

I. Hate. Emolga.

I think it's because the Electric Gym in Black and White had a particularly annoying Emolga that was responsible for a few Nuzlocke wipes but I was prepared this time, as my Kangaskhan had Rock Tomb, one of the only attacks that is super-effective against the little flying SHIT rat. I went in with Kangaskhan first and Emolga predictably used Volt Switch to bring out Magneton. I figured Kangaskhan could use Rock Smash to stop the fight being a switchathon so while he used Electric Terrain I used Rock Smash to bring him down. He then used Thunderbolt which brought my beloved Kangaskhan to 4 fucking HP.

I have never known the terror of the health going down like a particularly good answer in Pointless only for it to stop at 4 fucking HP and the sigh of relief was palpable. One more Rock Smash and Magenton was gone.

Lucario came out and Bone Rush decimated his Heliolisk, which turned the fight into a procession, at that point it was a case of bringing out Kangaskhan, using a Full Restore and crushing Emolga by smashing rocks in his stupid little face. Take THAT Clermont, now get back in your nerd nest and think about how shit you are.

Feeling pumped, ready for Route 14. I knew the next gym was a Fairy gym but looking at Serebii there were a lot of Pokemon that would be able to learn Poison attacks, giving me the edge I needed. Weepinbell, Skorupi, Haunter, Karrablast, Shelmet, Carnivine. In fact that only Pokemon I didn't want was Goomy, who only had a 10% chance of appearing but was the worst type possible for a Fairy Gym, being a solo Dragon type.

Guess what I picked up.

THIS GAME HATES ME and yet I'm loving this run too much to stop, I think I'm slowly turning into a masochist.

So team currently;

Lvl 37. Lucario
Lvl 37. Kangaskhan
Lvl 34. Vaporeon
Lvl 30. Goomy.

Sam
31-07-2016, 08:27 AM
I think you can grind as much as you want really. What levels did you end up with when you beat the Elite 4? My levels ended up insanely high on my Y Nuzlocke I did recently.

Hippowdon 76
Staraptor 73
Klefki 71
Octillery 68
Victreebel 68
Heatmor 65

Would say that X was loads more challenging. So many dead Pokemon along the way.

Sam
31-07-2016, 08:30 AM
The last three were the ones I grinded up through after losing most the team in the last gym. Had a lovely Absol up till that point

Byron
31-07-2016, 08:49 AM
And Goomy has been killed.

*Sobs in corner*

Byron
31-07-2016, 09:05 AM
So I reach Laverre City and whip out the Good Rod to see what I can catch.

A Basculin.

This is what my life has come to, I've caught a Basculin 10 levels below usefulness and I'm looking at him and hoping he might eventually be useful. Christ.

Byron
31-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Okay, last update until I travel back to Norwich.

So I was worried about the Laverre City Gym. It is a Fairy Gym and I didn't have a single move with a type advantage, no matter the fact that I had Basculin, who would be useless at his current level and Lucario, who's Fighting Type rendered him effectively useless, so it would be Vaporeon and Kangaskhan I would be relying on to get me through.

I took on a couple of trainers but avoided a couple of others and made my way to Valerie, who would lead with a Mawile. I let Kangaskhan start and things went reasonably well, until a Critical Hit Crunch killed Kangaskhan.

I tell you now, Kangaskhan is the hardest death so far that I've had to take, he has gotten me out of so many bad situations that I couldn't comprehend losing my MVP, I came inches away from using my Max Revive as a Mercy Heal and going on, but I decided not to. Nuzlockes mean nothing unless you deal with death.

So Vaporeon was now next up and I would be relying on him HEAVILY. He set up Acid Armor and Aqua Ring to try and help boost his Defense, along with his Nature boosted Special Defense. Mr. Mime was a little tricky but not too bad with a few Surfs.

Then Sylveon came out.

Holy fuck this was the most brutal war of attrition I've come across. Dazzling Gleam would 2HKO if it wasn't for the meague Aqua Ring heals, with that, it was a 3HKO and I was living on the edge constantly as a Critical Hit would ruin it. Not to mention that Bite does nothing against pure Fairy types and Surf was low on PP. The breakthrough came when Sylveon started to use Charm and Swift, as I guessed that meant Dazzling Gleam had run out of PP. Therefore I brought out Lucario. The combination of Charm and a ineffective Power-Up Punch meant it was still fucking brutal, especially with Valerie using two Hyper Potions but in the end we struggled through, barely.

I'm not sure how I get through the Poke Ball Factory, but I imagine Lucario will be vital here, with his Fighting and Ground moves and Steel sub-type coming with a Poison immunity. Lord help me, this is my team as it stands;

Lvl 38 Lucario
Lvl 38 Vaporeon
Lvl 26 Basculin.

Browning
31-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Is now a good time to point out Lucario's Steel typing would have negated his weakness to Fairy? All you needed was a Steel move and you'd have smashed her.

Browning
31-07-2016, 10:42 AM
The Elite 4 was taken on, results below:

Elite 4:

I decided to take on Fire first as this should be the easiest with Tentacruel. Talonflame outsped him and got off a Brave Bird but every pokemon was a OHKO with Surf.We levelled up to 76 at the end.

I'd try Dragon next as again Tentacruel would be the lead here. I wasn't expecting Dragalge or whatever it was called to have Thunderbolt, which proved problematic, but it went down eventually after I used one Full Restore. Altaria was blown away with one Ice Beam. I healed up again against Noivern which let it get off 2 Dragon Pulses but they did next to nothing and he died to one Ice Beam too. Druddigon survived a critical Ice Beam and used Dragon Tail which bought out the mon I took as fodder.... Ditto. We both used healing items the next turn, then I used Transform and she used Revenge. I managed to get in a Super Effective Dragon Tail which left her in the red. She did the same and died to Rough Skin, but Ditto was dead. Wasn't expecting that fight to go that way. :D

The last 2 rooms were a lot scarier on paper. Water I chose to lead with Amoonguss even though I had my doubts he would survive it. He made short work of Clawitser with a couple of Giga Drains. Starmie then came in to Psychic him to death. Fuck. I called upon Tyranitar. He Mega Evolved and Starmie hit Surf but it didn't do much and Crunch killed him. Earthquake killed Barbaracle in one. Thunderbolt took out Gyarados. That could have been worse.

For the Steel chamber I decided to turn to the MVP... Steelix. At level 82 he was surely capable of beating some of his own kind. Klefki used Torment and Iron Tail almost killed. I couldn't use it again... so I used Crunch as I wanted to save my other moves and Klefki was all but dead, but he full restored it. It then used a pathetic Dazzling Gleam before dying to Iron Tail. Next up was Probopass who only survived Dig thanks to Sturdy and did a fair bit of damage with Earth Power. He too used a Full Restore to survive my Crunch. At least that took Sturdy out of the way for Dig to kill. Next up was Aegislash who wrecked my attack with King's Shield so I sent in Avalugg to die and healed up Steelix. The prick did the same thing again when Steelix came back so anticipating the fighting move I switch in Tentacruel. Tentacruel took him out with 3 Surfs, helped by him trying to use King's Shield twice in a row. Scizor wasn't at all scary and a couple of Surfs took care of him.

So we'd be taking on the champion with the big 3.... Steelix, Tentacruel and Tyranitar, each charged with taking out 2 opponents.

I started with Tentacruel as he'd been the most use so far. Her choosing Hawlucha was good as either of my other 2 were weak to it. Flying Press did nothing while my Dazzling Gleam left it in red. Predicting the Full Restore I went for it again and again it survived, but only long enough to hit another crap Flying Press. 1-0. In came Aurorus. Due to it's massive weakness I seapped to Steelix and she used Light Screen. That won't help against Steelix. Iron Tail wiped it off the face of the Earth. In came Goodra which could be a problem. Goodra went first and hit FOCUS BLAST which left me on 118/250HP while Iron Tail left her low as well. She was faster and would, just about, kill me. A switch to Tentacruel was needed. She used a Full Restore. Damn it. Tentacruel's Ice Beam did nothing as did her Dragon Pulse. I healed up Steelix while she kept using Dragon Pulse. The Light Screen wore off allowing Ice Beam to hurt more. 2 did the trick and it was 3-0 with Tentacruel having his 2 kills. Luckily I had one Ice Beam left for Tyrantrum, 4-0. I didn't have one left for Gourgeist so with one eye on the Gardevoir I'd been warned about I swapped to Steelix who then had Ghost type added to him. A couple of Crunches took him out but I was worried about the new Ghost typing leaving me weak to Shadow Ball. I made the switch to Tyranitar which enabled her to Mega Evolve and then go for the predictable Shadow Ball which did nothing. She hit Mega Tyranitar hard with Moon Blast but he survived it comfortably enough (117HP) and then hit back with Crunch for the kill.

Survivors:
Steelix- 84
Tentacruel- 77
Tyranitar (Mega)- 71

That's my post from when I finished Y. I guess the fact I ended up with only 3 Mons explains why the levels were ridiculous. I hope the next game is more like that. If it can be beaten at level 45 they should give up.

P_3
31-07-2016, 11:20 AM
Got myself a 680 Grimer among a bunch of other solid Pokes this morning. That has come at a cost to my balls though. I've got just 21 Poke Balls and 18 Great Balls left.

Also made a start on an X Nuzlocke, ignoring forced encounters (Pidgey, Snorlax) and gift Pokemon. About to head off to the palace. Team contains a Beedrill and a Litleo.

Byron
31-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Is now a good time to point out Lucario's Steel typing would have negated his weakness to Fairy? All you needed was a Steel move and you'd have smashed her.

Ahem.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Dan
31-07-2016, 02:51 PM
Looks like Pokevision has been shut down, at least temporarily :moop:

Gray Fox
31-07-2016, 03:03 PM

Looks like Nintendo have shut them down.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-07-2016, 04:44 PM
It's a really bad decision that.

Niantic never realised just how popular the game would be and have really struggled since release, it's just been completely trying to catch up to the demand and they've failed. They should have championed Pokevision instead to try and take some heat off them.

Browning
31-07-2016, 04:45 PM
I don't see how it's a bad decision at all. This way people will be made to play the game as intended, rather than knowing where everything is all the time, which is fucking lame. I don't think it really effects them either way.

Gray Fox
31-07-2016, 04:47 PM
They should have seen opportunity and offered to give them better data for a fee or something.

There's been an app update on android today and if I remember right they've released some more Pokémon. There only used to be about 130 but now there's 147.

P_3
31-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Had a Porygon near me an hour ago. Couldn't for the life of me track it down. :panda:

Browning
31-07-2016, 04:50 PM
I used a Lucky Egg today because I was at a place where I was in range of 4 Pokestops and they all had lures on. I caught a boat load (all shit) and evolved about 6 Pidgeys, the same amount of Rattata, a few Weedles and then Nidoran Female (Nidorina was a new mon) and Spearow (another new mon). Somehow I only went from Level 14 to 15 (basically 16 though) despite all the catches and all the Poke Stops. Kind of annoying but at least it gave me another Lucky Egg, so I didn't lose too much.

Prior to this I added Jigglypuff to my collection, but it has 12CP. My sister who is only Level 8 caught the same one and it was almost 200CP. What a con.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-07-2016, 04:55 PM
She's fucking donned you there.

How does it feel knowing that your sister is a better Pokemon trainer than you?

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-07-2016, 04:56 PM
They should have seen opportunity and offered to give them better data for a fee or something.

There's been an app update on android today and if I remember right they've released some more Pokémon. There only used to be about 130 but now there's 147.

Especially so given that they've removed footsteps completely to try and help the servers.

Browning
31-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Just hatched a 358 CP Jigglypuff. Goodbye you 12CP piece of shit.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Hatched the following yesterday:

486 Mankey
421 Meowth
429 Gastly
631 Psyduck
480 Onix

I'm sooooooo happy that I hatched the very worst Pokemon in Onix.

Byron
01-08-2016, 04:35 AM
Okay so after Laverre Town I was battered, but not yet beaten and a quick look on Serebii told me I had a Pokemon rich enviroment coming up. Routes 15, 16 and 17, Frost Cavern, Lost Hotel and Dendemill Town meant I could easily have a full team by the time I reached the next Gym (which I believe is an Ice Gym).

We ventured forward and the first Pokemon we caught was a Skorupi. YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN USEFUL AT THE LAST GYM YOU PRICK. But whatever, he wasn't far from evolving into Drapion and looked an all round decent mon to have. However Arceus doth giveth and doth taketh away and Basculin died in a match against the Mysterious Sisters Rune & Rime, who were packing a Drifblim (sobs) and Floette. While I did the usual tomfoolery to bring out Vaporeon, Basculin took a Petal Blizzard to the face and died. Just as he was becoming useful as well.

Next up was the Lost Hotel and again we engaged in a macabre swap, as a wild Magenton was caught, but not before a Critical Hit Mirror Shot had killed Skorupi. GUYS, I'M SUPPOSED TO BE EXPANDING MY TEAM, THAT DOESN'T WORK IF YOU'RE ALL DYING.

So next up, Dendemill Town, no fishing spots. Great.

Oh well Frost Cavern has some decent types in there and I'll just make my way past this Hiker..oh shit. I didn't know his Vibrava had Earth Power and as a result that was the end of Magneton, as he had the only ability that wouldn't have negated the 1HKO in Magnet Pull. Sigh.

In any event we cruised into Frost Cavern and caught a Jynx. Alright, piss poor defences, but a mean Special Attack and, oh for fuck sake no decent Psychic attacks. But any Pokemon is useful at this stage. I also realised we would need some grinding to help up through here as there were way too many Fighting Trainers and the first couple taught me that we would struggle without some grinding or a 'mon who could tank a hit or two. As it stands the Pokemon we caught on Route 16 was a Foongus, which has since evolved into an Amoonguss. He looks weird, and I've never used him before (nor woud I have done if this weren't a Nuzlocke) but that's what this game is about and I really can't beg at this point. AfterI clear Frost Cavern next is Route 17.

Please give me anything but a Delibird, anything but a Delibird, anything but a Delibird.

Team currently;

Lvl. 46 Lucario
Lvl. 46 Vaporeon
Lvl 44 Jynx
Lvl 39 Amoonguss

ItalAussie
01-08-2016, 04:53 AM
Oh Delibird.

I enjoy going through the lists and trying to work out what niche they thought particular Pokemon would fit into. Like, what purpose do Delibird, Stantler, Dunsparce, or Farfetch'd serve? There's no particular elemental or tactical reason for their existence.

Sometimes you can see what they were trying for, even if they didn't succeed. But these guys just seem like placeholders.

Byron
01-08-2016, 05:17 AM
Even amongst the PU Metagame, created exactly for these kind of Pokemon that were simply not used in NU, people look at Delibird and think 'what the hell are you useful for?' I mean the initial Smogon advice starts with;

'Delibird is outclassed by all other leads in the PU Metagame'

Great. Oh by the way guess what I caught on Route 17? Fuck sake.

Okay, let's look for positives, does it have a Timid nature? Does it fuck, lets go with Gentle which reduces the defenses of the Pokemon, which aren't exactly high already due to the fact that it's Delibird and it's an Ice/Flying Type, two types not known for rock solid defenses. Any good attacks? Does it fuck, it has only Present, whch has a 90% hit rate and might even heal the opposing Pokemon in some cases. Does it have Hustle, which means it might have some use with Physical never-miss moves (as Hustle increases power by 50% but reduces accuracy by 20%). Of course not, lets give it Vital Spirit which means on the rare occasions I find a Pokemon with a sleep inducing move it'll resist it.

This game hates me.

Byron
01-08-2016, 05:21 AM
AND THE NEXT POKEMON I ENCOUNTER IS SNEASEL.

*sobs*

Byron
01-08-2016, 06:21 AM
Although Anistar Gym wasn't too bad. The first fucking trainer there had an Exeggutor that pasted Jynx and Delibird into a fine red mist with Wood Hammer but the recoil damage, combined with Lucario's Shadow Claw put him down and the rest of the gym was a breeze with Vaporeon providing the bulk and Hydro Pump action, while Lucario came in on safe swtich-ins to use a Shadow Claw.

Next, time to wreck Team Flare's shit;

Lvl 49 Vaporeon
Lvl 48 Lucario
Lvl 42 Amoonguss

Byron
01-08-2016, 07:14 AM
Well my Nuzlocke has come to an end.

I managed to sweep the two grunts in Lysandre Cafe without much issue but next up was Lysandre. His Mienfoo I figured wasn't much of an issue but a High Jump Kick killed Amoonguss after he hit with Toxic. Mienfoo was obliterated by a Hydro Pump from Vaporeon so next up was his Gyarados, who hit with sucessive Outrages. It didn't kill Vaporeon but put him in a bad spot so when Gyarados was confused, I switched to Lucario, who Mega-Evolved and hit with a fierce Shadow Claw. Unfortunately I didn't expect Gyarados to be packing Earthquake, which killed Lucario and afterwards despite healing Vaporeon, 2 Critical Hit Outrages took care of Vaporeon.

Urgh. Part of me is disappointed but that was a grueling, absolutely brutal run. 19 Pokemon were killed and at the end the longest surviving Pokemon was Vaporeon who I had caught on Route 10.

Not sure what I do now. Part of me is tempted to start again, maybe on Black/White 2 or HG/SS, part of me wants to finish the game with some of the Pokemon that really proved useful during the run. Not sure how far I'd get with a team of Lucario, Vaporeon, Kangaskhan, Drifblim, Dugtrio and Talonflame but there you are.

It is the furthest I've managed to take a Nuzlocke mind you,

Browning
01-08-2016, 07:36 AM
Hard luck Byron, but a decent effort there. X and Y are easily the most brutal games to Nuzlocke but also the most enjoyable.

Browning
01-08-2016, 10:53 AM
We have a new leader, Weepinbell with a CP of 643.

Bernanke
01-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Should I spoiler stuff about Sun/Moon?

Delta species are real. :drool:

Dan
01-08-2016, 02:01 PM
Should I spoiler stuff about Sun/Moon?

Delta species are real. :drool:

That reveal was a joke, right? They're announcing the actual stuff later. Right? :uhoh:

It's like they forgot they could say no to ideas. It'll probably end up fine, but I'm really not impressed by any of that.

Well, Z moves do look pretty cool.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Pokemon Go has actually inspired me to finish off the series.

Realised that I hadn't even finished a game from gen 4 so I started up on Platinum.

Chimchar :cool:

Sam
01-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Ice/Fairy Ninetales. Amazing.

Dan
01-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Spoiler that Sam, else Browning will actually murder you.

Byron
02-08-2016, 05:32 AM
Well I'm not done yet, I'll go for one more attempt at Nuzlocking X.

Simple rules;

Must fight every trainer and Pokemon I come across.

I can not accept any gift Pokemon (so no Luminose City Starter, no Lucario and no Lapras).

I may however take the fossil from Ambrette Town if I want and it counts as the Pokemon from Ambrette Town but I must choose the Sail Fossil.

No Battle Chateau.

Dupes and Shiny Clauses are active.

Allowed one Mercy Heal.

Allowed held items

BRING IT.

Dan
02-08-2016, 06:24 AM
Why specifically the sail fossil?

Browning
02-08-2016, 07:27 AM
Presumably because he's used the other one before.

Byron
02-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I always pick the Jaw fossil, so in the spirit of using Pokemon I haven't used before, the Sail Fossil is the one I'll be picking.

P_3
02-08-2016, 11:25 AM
Weather is crap down here so I've made some progress in X. Have added an Inkay (Contrary ability, you may touch me), Onix and Nidorino just before the Reflection Cave. Beat Grant easily enough having evolved Inkay into a Malamar and after spamming Foul Play. I love having unlimited TMs, I've just stuck as many of them on Nidorino as I could. :cool:

Lv32 Malamar
Lv30 Litleo
Lv28 Beedrill
Lv23 Nidorino
Lv22 Onix

Browning
02-08-2016, 11:26 AM
I need to return to my Platinum Nuzlocke soon. Think I beat 6 gyms or something and now not played it in 2 months. Need to finish that off.

P_3
02-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I put my Diamond Nuzlocke on hold too for some reason. Might give it another go if I finish X. Then I need to do Heart Gold and Black 2. Hopefully before Sun and Moon are released.

Squeezed in a quick walk earlier. Picked up a pair of Bulbasaurs, a Weepinbell and hatched a hardcore 926 Porygon. :cool:

P_3
03-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Beat Korrina and Ramos easily enough and am about to head off into the Power Plant with the following team:
Lv38 Nidoking
Lv38 Malamar
Lv37 Exeggutor
Lv36 Pyroar
Lv31 Clauncher
Lv31 Beedrill

Browning
04-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Have footprints been totally removed in the GO update?

Dan
04-08-2016, 05:49 PM
Yep. Fuck us for actually wanting to have any kind of idea where anything actually is :moop:

Byron
04-08-2016, 05:57 PM
So Santalune City Gym.

For an accurate representation of this gym, please play Drowning Pool - Bodies.

Seriously, easiest gym ever, but I just used Chespin's Rollout to absolutely wreck house. No deaths yet but I know they're coming. Team so far;

Lvl. 12 Chespin
Lvl. 11 Fletchling
Lvl. 11 Farfetch'd
Lvl. 10 Butterfree
Lvl. 10 Zigzagoon
Lvl. 9 Flabebe

Seriously, why the fuck does Farfetch'd even exist? Such a shit Pokemon.

Andy
04-08-2016, 06:15 PM
The update where they removed the three steps has killed this game.

Browning
04-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Not really, as the 3 steps have not been working since about day 3.

Andy
04-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Not really, as the 3 steps have not been working since about day 3.

I wasn't actually massively bothered by the three steps removal it's all the other undocumented bullshit that's tuined it.

Pokemon run away far more often, low level Pokemon bust out of poke balls far more often, Pokemon head balls back out jump to avoid them loads and then there's the tracking issue. Making Pokevision close down and totally removing any sort of tracking element is shit.

I went out earlier in the week for an hour in Southampton and must have gone past thirty different poke stops and started off with maybe 30-40 poke balls. By half way through I was out of poke balls until I got to the next stop. That's just catching standard crap. There's no way the game is balanced correctly if you need to buy poke balls when you're covering so many stops.

It's utterly retarded that a 10cp Pidgey/Rattata/Caterpie escapes a nice/great/excellent throw when I'm level 22.

Browning
04-08-2016, 10:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-P_dUIEA5o

Trust The Rock to cash in.

Pleb
04-08-2016, 11:32 PM
So I thought it would be fun to try another basic nuzlocke this time on Black 2.

My squad was Oshawott (Starter), Lillipup (Floccesy Ranch), Sewaddle (Route 20) and a Purrloin (Route 19). Now I lost Oshawott and Purrloin to two Patrats in quick succession at Cheran's gym in Aspertia City :moop:

Dan
05-08-2016, 08:51 AM
I wasn't actually massively bothered by the three steps removal it's all the other undocumented bullshit that's tuined it.

Pokemon run away far more often, low level Pokemon bust out of poke balls far more often, Pokemon head balls back out jump to avoid them loads and then there's the tracking issue. Making Pokevision close down and totally removing any sort of tracking element is shit.

I went out earlier in the week for an hour in Southampton and must have gone past thirty different poke stops and started off with maybe 30-40 poke balls. By half way through I was out of poke balls until I got to the next stop. That's just catching standard crap. There's no way the game is balanced correctly if you need to buy poke balls when you're covering so many stops.

It's utterly retarded that a 10cp Pidgey/Rattata/Caterpie escapes a nice/great/excellent throw when I'm level 22.

To me there are definitely some balance issues with the game, specifically with catch rates & gym rewards. Catch rates should be set in three tiers (red, yellow & green circle, set depending on their CP) for each pokemon & shouldn't be affected by your level, especially not to make it harder the stronger you get like it is now. So for instance Magikarp has a 100% catch rate at yellow & green, and a 95% at red, and trash like Pidgey, Rattata & the bugs are 95/85/70. Balls then affect that so a Great Ball is something like a +20% chance and an Ultra Ball is a +40% chance.

Gym rewards are also unfair as you're pretty much instantly fucked if you pick a team that isn't strong in your area. For instance I picked Instinct & they never have any gyms up because there are two or three really strong, dedicated trainers on Mystic that hold 70% of the gyms in the city at any one time, and the rest are usually Valor unless an Instinct trainer sneaks in overnight & takes one for a few hours. I'd adjust the rewards so you get 5 coins for taking over a gym, plus 1 coin per gym, per hour held, rather than 10 coins for holding a gym at one specific point in time, which rewards people for well timed poaching rather than for actually holding a gym for a long time.

I have too much time on my hands :D

Dan
05-08-2016, 09:16 AM
Catch rate was changed in the last update. Should be fixed soon. (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-05-you-didnt-imagine-it-pokemon-gos-recent-patch-did-nerf-capture-rate)

Niantic are a shambles.

Sam
05-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Decided to try and get them all on my Omegs Ruby save (451 and counting, woo). Went to Jagged Pass to try find a Mankey, first encounter? A Shiny Numel :drool:. Need to get it up to 100 to replace the Camerupt in my squad.

Any trade bish out there to evolve a few things (or does Pokebank work for this)?

How does friend safari work?

Dan
05-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Friend safari is only in X&Y, right? Everyone you're friends with has their own 'safari' area (it's basically a lawn) which contains three pokemon of one specific type. It's okay, as you can get some pokemon with their hidden abilities in them, but you have to find the right people to befriend as most people just have shit.

And Pokebank doesn't work for trade evolutions, sadly.

Browning
05-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Taking away battery saver is the death of Pokemon go for me. They need to get that back now.

Byron
05-08-2016, 12:27 PM
You're shitting me. That was the only thing that made the game playable frankly, as fuck taking a battery pack wherever I go.

Browning
05-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Went out earlier and got a Kingler (781 CP, new best) and an Eevee (427 CP). Then sat at home transferring some shit and what pops up.... fucking Bulbasaur. :cool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-08-2016, 08:51 PM
You're shitting me. That was the only thing that made the game playable frankly, as fuck taking a battery pack wherever I go.

They pulled it from iOS because of bugs, it's coming back though.

P_3
05-08-2016, 09:18 PM
212 Magikarp candy. Another two weeks or so before I can get my hands on a Gyarados. :drool:

Sam
06-08-2016, 08:08 AM
Friend safari is only in X&Y, right? Everyone you're friends with has their own 'safari' area (it's basically a lawn) which contains three pokemon of one specific type. It's okay, as you can get some pokemon with their hidden abilities in them, but you have to find the right people to befriend as most people just have shit.

And Pokebank doesn't work for trade evolutions, sadly.

Damnit, I have a shiny Boldore and I don't trust any individuals to send it back :D. Any of you lads around?

Can j just grab any randomers friend code and use their safari?

Samadini
06-08-2016, 08:17 AM
I've just started playing Alpha Sapphire. What do you need me to do?

Sam
06-08-2016, 08:33 AM
I've just started playing Alpha Sapphire. What do you need me to do?

Trade back and forth, albeit I'm not around now for a good few hours.

To be fair, what people's Friend Codes?

Browning
06-08-2016, 12:11 PM
Damnit, I have a shiny Boldore and I don't trust any individuals to send it back :D. Any of you lads around?

Can j just grab any randomers friend code and use their safari?

I'll do it. Let me know when you're on.

Baz
06-08-2016, 05:52 PM
I put Pokemon Go in the iPad I keep in the car. Definitely gonna crash while collecting from Pokestops.

Pleb
06-08-2016, 08:46 PM
I've just caught a fucking lv13 Pidove only to get a critical hit from a fucking Patrat again :panda:

Herdier is on the brink here.

Browning
06-08-2016, 09:07 PM
Nice one. I got a Shiny Ekans within about half an hour of buying Soul Silver, and had a few on Pokemon Silver back in the day, but can't remember finding any others. I'm shocked I've not found even one on all these Nuzlockes especially with all the grinding I've done.

Speaking of which... the Iron Islands are fucking brilliant for levelling up. My Gastrodon is going to be a beast by the time I get to the Steel gym.

As predicted, the Steel Gym was a piece of piss as Gastrodon was over levelled like hell from the Iron Islands. Rapidash was allowed to beat us the lesser trainers to catch up and did so with ease. Gastrodon then one shotted every gym leader Pokemon, 2 with Earthquake and 1 with Surf.

Gastrodon- 48
Rapidash- 46
Alakazam- 44
Scizor- 40
Staraptor- 39
Golem- 39

Ice next isn't it? Rapidash. :cool:

Picked this up again last night and almost lost Scizor within minutes as I was battling with him on about 25% HP (but knowing I could one shot everything) and I clicked the wrong move without paying attention and let a Graveller hit Self Destruct on me. Luckily Scizor took it like a champ and survived. No idea what I'm doing story wise at this point but looking to get those stragglers up to level 42-43 before I continue.

Pleb
06-08-2016, 09:11 PM
My luck with Nuzlockes is utter shite, I come across three Growlithes in Virbank Complex only for the third one to fucking burn Herdier, use ember and miss a takedown move while taking Herdier out in one full swoop :D :cab:

Browning
06-08-2016, 11:12 PM
I've just bagged myself a female Snorunt which I'm tempted to bring in. Is there a consensus on whether Glalie or Frosslass is better?

P_3
07-08-2016, 08:49 AM
I've just bagged myself a female Snorunt which I'm tempted to bring in. Is there a consensus on whether Glalie or Frosslass is better?

Glalie is a bit dull. Froslass has a unique type and does a good job of attacking things.

Browning
07-08-2016, 10:00 AM
Yea, that and nullifying the Fighting weakness has me leaning that way. It means losing about 10 levels, but it's got to be a better Pokemon than Golem.

Browning
07-08-2016, 02:30 PM
So Gym 7 has fallen with no casualties.... just.

Rapidash obviously lead the charge but almost died against one of the little trainers when a Piloswine pulled out Earthquake, but he took it. We got into the Gym fight where Rapidash took out the first 3 Pokemon in one shot each, risking Fire Blast against Piloswine which luckily hit but Flame Wheel was enough to take out the other 2. Then came Frosslass and straight away we started missing thanks to it's ability. It then used Double Team about 6 turns running and we just couldn't hit it no matter what. When we eventually hit a Flame Wheel she survived on red health and was healed somewhat by a berry which was probably lucky as if she'd used a Full Restore we'd be fucked. Rapidash continued to miss and his Sp Defense was lowered a few times by Shadow Ball so we switched to Gastrodon who couldn't hit it either. Scizor had the same problem and even bringing in a healed up Rapidash couldn't land the hit. We had no more healing items and 3 of our 6 were on low health. I couldn't switch to any of them and given it had Shadow Ball I couldn't switch to Alakazam. The choice was Staraptor or my own Frosslass who was weak. In the end I changed Staraptor, hoping he was out of PP for Blizzard, and came into a Shadow Ball which didn't effect. She then nailed a critical hit Psychic to leave me on 17HP and Aerial Ace did the business. Thank fuck.

Rapidash- 50
Gastrodon- 49
Scizor- 46
Alakazam- 45
Staraptor- 44
Frosslass 36/Golem 43

Still undecided on that last spot as I've already used my Shadow Ball TM and thus I can't teach Frosslass any useful Ghost moves. That and it's a Special Attacker with all physical moves. Tempted to return to boring old Golem.

Dan
07-08-2016, 08:59 PM
Something isn't working properly for me with Go. On a few occasions I've been places that are meant to be rammed with pokemon & found nothing - just been to the beach with six friends & they were all catching loads of pokemon at a triple lure stop, while I saw three pokemon in an hour sitting between them.

I've tried changing GPS settings, clearing the cache, clearing data, uninstalling, disabling mock locations (although they were already disabled for me), and pretty much every other thing that anyone has ever suggested to fix GPS issues, which seem to be part of the problem, and nothing works.

I'm pretty fucking pissed off :moop:

EDIT: Turns out it might be because I didn't have my clock set to automatically detect the network time. How utterly fucking stupid. I've changed it now though, so hopefully that fixes it.

7om
07-08-2016, 11:28 PM
Go is just pissing me off now. Getting real tired of CP10 Magikarp breaking out of great balls over and over again. It seems like the game is punishing you for leveling up by making the game impossible and downright annoying.

After trying an emulator a few years back and it getting deleted, I got myself a DS and downloaded Red from the virtual shop. First ever play through so I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. So far I've done three gyms and just been visiting the Pokemon Tower in Lavender City with the following:

Level 36 Charizard
Level 33 Clefable
Level 25 Eevee
Level 21 Gyarados
Level 18 Mankey
Level 18 Drowzee

No idea if this is any good or not but its just trial and error at this point.

Browning
07-08-2016, 11:36 PM
You can buy a stone in Celadon City to evolve that Eevee. Probably a thunder stone to round your team off a bit.

Pleb
07-08-2016, 11:44 PM
That's a beast of a team.

I would invest in a Abra/Kadabra personally. You could get away with training Drowzee as a Poison tank though. What evolution are you going for Eevee?

7om
08-08-2016, 12:29 AM
Dunno, really. I've only just got that Eevee when I found it in someone's house. Before that I was running around with a Level 15 Machop. I just don't like the disparity between my top two and the rest. If they go down I invariably lose a battle so I'm trying to train up the weaker ones.

Browning
08-08-2016, 10:09 AM
As I said, it has to be Jolteon, and I'd do it now. Flareon is shit (plus you have Charizard) and Vaporeon is decent but no real use if you have Gyarados. That plus Jolteon is super fast and strong, and Pin Missile is just about the only move in Gen 1 that beats Psychic.

Browning
09-08-2016, 11:22 AM
What does the grass thing mean in the new update? I'm assuming there are other ones and not just grass, but who knows.

Gray Fox
09-08-2016, 02:00 PM
I think it just means the area the Pokémon spawns in. There's a video on YouTube showing someone out with the new update. The nearby indicator shows which stops certain Pokémon are near.

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-08-2016, 02:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtxIQQwmzAA

Seems a bit better.

Oh and you can get a nice/great throw bonus AND a curveball bonus unlike before. I just got it.

Dan
09-08-2016, 05:58 PM
*SNIFF*

Solid explanation though.

*SNIFF*

P_3
10-08-2016, 10:38 AM
Gained about 90,000 xp with the Lucky Egg this morning. Hatched six 10km eggs (Scyther, 2 Magmar, Eevee, Jynx and Omanyte), evolved 22 Pokemon whose evolutions haven't been registered yet and about 30 Pidgey, Weedle and Rattata. Jumped from half way to level 22 to half way to level 23. Top 12 are now:

https://i.gyazo.com/50f036726121f9e96fa78a249fbbdb25.png

Dan
10-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Nice. I've still not even seen a Mankey or a Scyther :(

I think my lure issues have been solved, as I've been seeing clusters of pokemon spawning in ways I hadn't been before, but I'm still not going to allow myself to believe it's properly sorted until I can directly compare against someone.

Sam
11-08-2016, 08:11 PM
These new Delta Pokemon are a bit fucking daft.

Dan
12-08-2016, 04:37 PM
Nice. I've still not even seen a Mankey or a Scyther :(

I think my lure issues have been solved, as I've been seeing clusters of pokemon spawning in ways I hadn't been before, but I'm still not going to allow myself to believe it's properly sorted until I can directly compare against someone.

They have indeed been solved - been to a local hotspot today (the same place I only saw three pokemon in two hours last time) & caught lots of stuff. I also hatched a Charmander yesterday :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Hatched some tidy shit today including a Mr Mine and grimer.

7om
16-08-2016, 06:53 PM
So I'm still going strong on Red and am currently holding this:

Level 40 Charizard
Level 39 Clefable
Level 36 Jolteon
Level 30 Haunter
Level 29 Primeape
Level 26 Exeggcute

The sixth spot is wide open right now. I'm training Exeggcute to see what comes of it but I've also got a level 23 Drowzee, a level 30 Nidorino and a low level Dratini that I would like to evolve. I've just got to the city with the Safari (Fuschia City?) and given that a few attempts which got me some new ones.

Browning
16-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Nidoking is one of the best Pokemon in the game so I would use that. Haunter won't ever evolve unless you have someone to trade with.

7om
16-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Haunter won't evolve just through gaining XP? What is this shit?

Browning
16-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Haunter, Machoke, Graveller and Kadabra evolve through being traded.

Exeggcute also needs a leaf stone but you'll want to wait til it learns better moves.

7om
16-08-2016, 07:47 PM
How is a noob like me supposed to know that certain pokemon don't just evolve through training? I could've sat there for hours fighting level 20 Raticates for absolutely nothing.

Browning
16-08-2016, 08:45 PM
I think there are NPCs that mention it but unless you're going round talking to everyone there's really no way to know.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-08-2016, 10:42 PM
Catching a grimer in a McDonalds is a great bit of irony.

Browning
25-08-2016, 10:57 PM
That dude who rates your Pokemon is the shittest feature yet. We can't have any form of good tracking system but we can have a guy who tells me my 11CP Mankey could fight with the best of them and has amazing stats? Do fuck off.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-08-2016, 10:59 PM
Niantic at their very best.

7om
26-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Had a nightmare on Red yesterday.

I've made it to the Seafoam Islands and was fucking about pushing the boulders around so I could surf around and eventually I come across Articuno. I had no idea what it was when I went there so I was thoroughly unprepared. My Jolteon ended up fainting the fucker and after much furious googling it looks like it's gone forever. I'm absolutely gutted.

Sir Andy Mahowry
26-08-2016, 01:46 PM
Your avatar sums up your actions beautifully. Moron.

P_3
26-08-2016, 02:46 PM
How are we all doing on Go? I'm 20k away from level 24. Have enough candies to evolve a good IVs Bulbasaur into a Venusaur, Oddish into a Vileplume, Poliwag into a Poliwrath and am 2 candies away from getting a Gyarados. I've saved up nearly 350k stardust so any leftover candies will be used to beef up those Pokes. I've also covered 450km since launch. :cool:

7om
26-08-2016, 02:53 PM
How are we all doing on Go? I'm 20k away from level 24. Have enough candies to evolve a good IVs Bulbasaur into a Venusaur, Oddish into a Vileplume, Poliwag into a Poliwrath and am 2 candies away from getting a Gyarados. I've saved up nearly 350k stardust so any leftover candies will be used to beef up those Pokes. I've also covered 450km since launch. :cool:

This is the part I don't get. What is the point of beefing them up? Gym battles are easily won with very average Pokemon purely because of the numbers advantage.

Apart from the satisfaction of filling out the Pokedex, I don't see any reason to do anything else.

7om
27-08-2016, 03:46 AM
So I found Zapdos in the power plant. I just can't catch the bastard. I'm using Jolteon to weaken it and Clefable to put it to sleep but it's breaking every Ultra Ball until I run out. I've saved the game right in front of it so it's going to be a long haul.

Gray Fox
27-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Been down Portsmouth for a week and went from level 16 last Saturday, to just under 21 now. This game is a total piece of piss in a city. Loads of the rarer stuff down there too. Didn't evolve anything but took a few gyms while I could. I want to see what is in my last few 5k eggs are before I do anything.

Things like a wild Magmar and wild Lapras was awesome. Now I've come home the abundance of water pokemon are gone so I'll see about evolving everything.

Andy
29-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Got some decent new additions recently.

Level 2000 Snorlax, 1750 Vaporeon, 1650 Slowbro and a 1550 Nidoking.

I'm also one Squirtle away from a Blastoise. Picked up a couple of other rare Pokemon as well - Mr Mime and Chancey, both low levels though.

7om
03-09-2016, 09:49 PM
So I've finished all of the gyms on Red and am going to do some serious grinding before I go to the Pokemon League. My pokedex currently sits at 71 but I'd like it to be a lot higher before I move onto Soul Silver. I might head back to the safari to try and catch a few of the rare ones, but they're just so difficult. Throw one ball and they run away.

Almost forgot, I also need to find the last legendary bird. Have no idea where that is. My team currently is:

Level 53 Zapdos
Level 48 Jolteon
Level 45 Primeape
Level 45 Charizard
Level 42 Ponyta
Level 30 Dragonair

Browning
03-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Moltres?

He's in Victory cave

You could always use the Missingno glitch to get Safari Zone pokemon if need be... :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Missingo :cool:

The gift that kept on giving.

7om
03-09-2016, 10:43 PM
I don't know that glitch but even if I did I wont use it. I'll look around a little longer for the bird but if I can't find it I'll just google it. Actually can't wait to move onto the move updated games and actually have some colour.

Baz
03-09-2016, 10:54 PM
Well done.

Are you playing on a game boy colour or emulator?

Browning
03-09-2016, 11:43 PM
Well done.

3DS of course. :cool:

Browning
03-09-2016, 11:45 PM
I don't know that glitch but even if I did I wont use it. I'll look around a little longer for the bird but if I can't find it I'll just google it. Actually can't wait to move onto the move updated games and actually have some colour.

Essentially it does 2 things:
1) Makes Pokemon from one area appear in a different one (only really useful with the Safari Zone pokemon as you can then battle/catch them normally)
2) Gives you infinity of any item of your choice.

But yea, I wouldn't use it either but it's an option if you just can't catch the cunts in the Safari Zone.

7om
03-09-2016, 11:56 PM
Well done.

Yeah, like Browning said, I'm on 3DS. They released red/blue/yellow on the virtual console and all the other generations were either DS or 3DS so I'm doing them in order.

7om
04-09-2016, 04:19 AM
So I've basically played all night.

Went over towards the Pokemon League and found Moltres on Victory Road. Got into Pokemon League, beat all of them and then beat Blue to complete the game. I've also just caught Mewtwo with the master ball and caught loads of new Pokemon in that cave. Current pokedex sits at 84 with exactly 50 hours played. The collector inside of me wants to fill out the pokedex more and do the game justice because it's absolutely brilliant. One of the best games I've played.

P_3
04-09-2016, 08:18 PM
Reached 25 and boosted the shit out of some 'mon. Fear my 2001 Gyarados.

https://i.gyazo.com/879303d39ef45900071fa698302d5b4d.png

Gray Fox
04-09-2016, 08:47 PM
I'm 21, but coming back after a week of walking up and down Portsmouth seafront all day has me a little annoyed. There's fuck all about me unless i get down to the town centre. Even then there's only 1 real hotspot. I was really enjoying the rapid progress and hatching fuck loads of eggs.
I wish they hadn't taken down all the tracker apps. I'd love some more Eevee and Growlithe but no idea where to find them.

Browning
04-09-2016, 09:21 PM
I can't believe people are still bothering. :D

It was great for a while but I'm so bored of it now. To the point where even when I go to the town center on the way to work, which was always the best place to get stuff, I don't even bother playing.

7om
05-09-2016, 01:15 AM
Fucking hell the difference between Red and Soul Silver is night and day. Everything is so sharp, colourful and pretty. The wife is on Heart Gold so, with trading, I could potentially build up a monster pokedex here.

five time
05-09-2016, 01:23 PM
I can't believe people are still bothering. :D

It was great for a while but I'm so bored of it now. To the point where even when I go to the town center on the way to work, which was always the best place to get stuff, I don't even bother playing.

Same for me too. There's not really much of a game there after you wade through all the hype.

Basically a half finished beta right now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Got my Pokemon plus today and spent some time driving with the main part in my left hand. I'd slide my thumb down onto the button when it buzzed.

The good:

I can catch pokemon safely and efficiently whilst driving
It has a better range than what a person does (I caught a few stops out of range for me with it)
It's really responsive
Works really well with the game
Plus some others than I'm forgetting about no doubt

The bad:

It favours pokemon over pokestops, it would be nice to change that. As it is I had to do a lot of the stops manually as pokemon were coming thick and fast.
It will only use pokeballs. Halfway through I trashed all my normal pokeballs (plus potions etc) as I ran out of inventory space. I thought this would be ok as I had over 200 great balls but it wouldn't use those. Would be nice for Niantic to allow you to select what balls it can use.
The strap can barely fit over my hands which I wouldn't say are too big, although I did like using it in my left hand tucked away.
Again, I'm sure I'm missing more too.

Is it worth Ł35? I'd say it's massively based on a case by case basis. If you're a walker, who has a phone with a supreme battery who always has it out obviously not. But there's a lot of usefulness in it for others.

It would be nice if they added more features and some options for it in the game later on.

It did catch me a 900+ Jynx and a 509 Hitmonchan (I also got one from an egg today) which was nice as I'd have missed those.

7om
29-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Still going strong on Soul Silver.

I've put about 40 hours in so far, took the first four gyms and got my pokedex to around 65. The problem is I don't have anything that's far and away better than everything else so I don't really have a stable six that I carry around. One of my favourites from this generation is Miltank which seems to be a beast. My first target was to get the pokedex to 100 but with trading with the wife we're thinking 200 might be possible.

Browning
01-10-2016, 07:31 PM
Finally got Keldeo. Don't miss it.

ItalAussie
01-10-2016, 11:24 PM
Still going strong on Soul Silver.

I've put about 40 hours in so far, took the first four gyms and got my pokedex to around 65. The problem is I don't have anything that's far and away better than everything else so I don't really have a stable six that I carry around. One of my favourites from this generation is Miltank which seems to be a beast. My first target was to get the pokedex to 100 but with trading with the wife we're thinking 200 might be possible.

Just had PTSD flashbacks to Whitney.

Browning
01-10-2016, 11:41 PM
The first time I ever took on Whitney I got her Miltank onto 1HP and then she steam rolled my team. With everyone dead I sent out a Sentret I had just caught for the inevitable.... and then I saw it..... those 2 beautiful words.... Quick Attack. :drool:

Not sure anything in any Pokemon game has approached that level of epicness. I'm sure he gained like a bazillion levels too.

I had a similar fight against the Fightying gym in Ruby where I accepted defeat and sent in a Magikarp with no moves but I won due to poison. That was great but nothing tops that Miltank.

Baz
04-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Pretty hooked on Pokemon Go now. My Pokémon aren't good and I've never took a gym, but I'm enjoying collecting and hatching and stuff like that.

Wish I had the right Pokémon for Bubblestrat because there's a gym right near me.

P_3
04-10-2016, 11:57 AM
What have you got Baz? I'm running with a 2077 Gyarados, 2019 Poliwrath, 1989 Vaporeon, 1914 Vileplume, 1721 Snorlax and 1719 Jolteon. :cool:

Baz
04-10-2016, 06:58 PM
Nothing close to that. :D

1458 Snorlax
1151 Vaporeon
1064 Hypno
646 Growlithe

I get rid of anything that doesn't "SIMPLY AMAZE" Halle Berry.

Gray Fox
04-10-2016, 07:21 PM
There was a few sweet spawn spots in my town centre. The best of which, a Pikachu nest in the town park. You'd get about 5 or 6 spawning per hour. I'd only ever get one on the way past either to/from work, but the latest update seems to have swapped all the spawns about.

We have very little of anything I really want without a fair travel now, which is a shame. I haven't played much since.

P_3
05-10-2016, 03:11 PM
There's a Mankey and Pinsir spawns in our town. Neither of which I'm bothered about. Rather Charmander and Dratini if I'm honest.

igor_balis
05-10-2016, 05:01 PM
You lot are still playing? Fuckin hell.

Browning
05-10-2016, 05:25 PM
You lot are still playing? Fuckin hell.

Indeed.

Novelty wore off so fast.

Baz
10-10-2016, 07:11 PM
I was late to the party so it's still early days for me. Level 17. :cool:

Hatched a Pinsir before but Halle Berry doesn't like it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-10-2016, 08:14 PM
I stopped after I lost my Pokemon Go Plus :(

P_3
18-10-2016, 12:59 PM
Sun and Moon demo is out. Needs 3046 blocks on an SD card.

Browning
18-10-2016, 01:06 PM
My super huge SD card I set up with my DS coming into play. :drool:

P_3
18-10-2016, 02:05 PM
That was dull. All that trial lark was just a waste of time.

Browning
18-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Yea a bit shit really, though I'm just catching some of the new mons now to see what they're like which is a bit better than the trial.

Not a fan of it telling you what moves are Super Effective etc, though that seems to only happen in wild battles.

I do like being able to check your moves mid battle on the same menu.

Hopefully they keep the feature that when you catch your 7th Pokemon you can keep it and send someone else to the PC, but I'm not holding my breath that that makes the main game seeing as the demo has no PC.

Baz
26-10-2016, 07:31 AM
Halloween event on Pokémon Go means more candies per transfer and less km to walk for your buddy to get candy. :drool: Plus lots of ghastly and cubone, for some reason.

Browning
26-10-2016, 08:06 AM
Ghastly and Cubone is a nice touch. The 2 pokemon from the original pokemon tower. :cool:

Baz
08-11-2016, 08:15 AM
There's a new update to Pokemon Go that means to can't get Pokestops if you're going over 25mph, which has pretty much killed the game for me considering 99% of me playing it is in the car.

five time
08-11-2016, 12:04 PM
The game ended up being a bit shit outside of the launch week hype.

Whose idea was it to make a Pokemon game for phones where you can't even trade with or battle your friends?

Browning
08-11-2016, 12:09 PM
Indeed. It's a real shame too because the idea was solid, and those first few weeks it was a lot of fun. It was cool when you put a lure down and about 30 people would rock up to catch a Squirtle. I bet if you did it today you'd just be on your own.

Oh well, 2 weeks til Sun/Moon. :drool:

I'm getting it at midnight and have some time off work too, so it's going to be awesome.

Browning
10-11-2016, 10:41 PM
I've just had a Sun/Moon Spoiler that's almost put me off buying it....

No fucking Gyms??

Without spoiling too much more, someone convince me that won't be the death of the franchise.

P_3
10-11-2016, 10:53 PM
I'm not happy either. They give you a reason for catching and training Pokemon, without them the whole experience seems hollow.

Dan
10-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Yep, that's a thing. Just as well I'd already realised this gen was going to be utter horseshit months ago.

I'll still buy it, obviously.

Browning
11-11-2016, 06:22 PM
I've already paid for it from the E-Shop... so yea, I'll be getting it, but I'm not happy at all about that.

I just hope they know what they're doing, but I can't imagine any way that turns out to be good.

Dan
22-11-2016, 07:45 PM
So, who's picking this up tonight then?

Been playing the odd game on Showdown, and there are a few new pokemon that already look to be standing out.

Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Kartana & Xurkitree are the top ultra beasts, with stuff like the Tapu's & Magearna also being very strong. Outside of the borderline legendaries, there are a few good defensive pokemon, with Alolan Marowak, Toxapex & Araquanid all being capable of taking hits. Silvally is also a pretty good utility pokemon, thanks to Parting Shot, which provides a full heal when used with Darkinium Z.

There are some other new mons that look interesting, such as Mimikyu, Bewear, Crabominable & Kommo-o, as well as weather being slightly better thanks to lots of new setters & abusers, so it'll be interesting to see how things even out once all the broken shit starts to get banned.

Browning
22-11-2016, 11:17 PM
45 minutes til it instantly loads to my DS. :drool:

A blind Nuzlocke is terrifying when your starter is weak to Flying and every wild Pokemon is flying....

Dan
23-11-2016, 07:30 AM
There are a few flying resistances early on though, so hopefully you can catch one.

I went to a lock in at GAME so I've already played four or five hours. Still dealing with all the tutorial shit though :D

Browning
23-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Is the number of routes/towns going to kill a nuzlocke? I played 90 minutes last night and it was all one route. I thought I was on another and bagged a Slowpoke but had to release him as it was still Route 1 supposedly....

Dan
23-11-2016, 01:01 PM
I fucking hate Team Skull. They're stupid & annoying.

Browning
23-11-2016, 02:30 PM
I'm not sold on this game so far.

I've allowed myself one mercy reset already as I ran into a Magnemite when all I had was 2 fucking birds. Normally I would have started over but chances are I'd just have wasted an hour or so to get back there with the same 2 Pokemon. That and she got insane Paralyse luck, paralysing me turn one with thundershock and me not moving 4 turns in row. It wouldn't have been so bad if any of these little areas you find Pokemon in officially count as new areas, but they didn't. Route 1 was just fucking massive. When I redid it I lead with Pikipek and was able to luckily take her out with Rock Smash. From here on in though there is no more mercy of any kind, and I've told the other players due to how slow we get new mons they can do the same one time before they get their 3rd Pokemon, we'll see how that goes.

Have slowly started building a team but I'm frustrated by the complete lack of new Pokemon. So far I've got:

Rowlett- 15 (He's a bit shit really).
Grimer- 14 (New typing makes him cooler)
Misdreavus/Makuhita/Pikipek- 13

Makuhita is one of the most boring Pokemon going but given that now 90% of everything is Dark he's useful. Pikipek feels even more boring than the usual standard bird. That and the lack of Gyms is making it feel a bit pointless.

No idea if I'm ready for the "trial" either as I have no idea what to expect.

So far, so meh.

The first Grand Trial has been ticked off, although the final fight was shit scary with him keep using Pursuit meaning I couldn't switch and our rules limiting me to one potion. In the end I managed to survive thanks to being faster and a move that did about 45% on turn one killing on turn 2. If it didn't kill it would have been a coin flip if I survived or not as he did 12 damage the turn before and I had 13 left.

Team is essentially the same only Mankey has come in for Makuhita, who was just too boring, and Butterfree takes up the 6th spot. It's a pretty boring team all round.

Butterfree, who was useful as hell for the 5 minutes we had him becomes our fist casualty. His killer, Carbink, is captured and replaces him. I should have known better but this just shows how little I know about newer Pokemon in that I didn't even know his type.

Dan
23-11-2016, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I've just done the first trial. Not super enthused, but then I knew that would be the case, so it's probably actually at or slightly above my expectations so far. Team is:

Dartrix, lv20
Magnemite, 15
Alolan Muk, 14
Cutiefly, 12
Crabrawler, 12
Growlithe, 11

I've basically been doing a Dartrix solo run with everything else just abusing EXP Share. Literally only one thing has been killed by something other than Dartrix so far :D Crabrawler is the only thing that I plan to keep on the team long term though, so it's not really worth putting much effort into the others.

Browning
23-11-2016, 08:31 PM
EXP share, ugh. Turned that shit straight off.

Personally I don't like Dartrix much, seems so boring, and giving a bird starter and the filling the routes with Pikipeks and Spearows seems a bit shit. It may also be because he's the one who would have died if not for my mercy reset (as Pikipek solo'ed the fight 2nd time) but I've not grown attached to him at all. Maybe I will though.

Grimer is carrying my team mostly. Mankey just died to a critical hit to Makuhita has returned, luckily they were the same level. Not sure about Trumbeak, I'm tempted to boot him because I hate having 2 fliers.

Pleb
23-11-2016, 10:05 PM
Just got this tonight.

"Pleb" isn't censored so that's my name throughout the save :D I'm not sure what my team will be though :sherlock: I feel the tutorial is a bit longer than previous games.

Browning
23-11-2016, 10:36 PM
That'll do for tonight, but the team is getting a bit more interesting:

Dartrix- 19 (Razor Leaf, Astonish, Peck, Hidden Power (Steel)
Grimer- 18 (Pound, Thief, Poison Fang, Infestation)
Carbink- 18 (Smack Down, Hidden Power (Grass), Sharpen, Reflect)
Mudbray- 18 (Double Kick, Bulldoze, Rototiller, Stomp)
Trumbeak- 17 (Pluck, Thief, Echoed Voice, Brick Break)
Eevee- 14 (Hidden Power (Flying), Quick Attack, Work Up, Sand Attack)

In the end I decided to use Mudbray as a make shift fighting type to make room for Eevee. My failure to obtain a Water/Fire/Electric/Psychic type so far means I'll have a decision with his evolution, unless of course the stones are ridiculously far in in which case it's Espeon.

Browning
23-11-2016, 11:43 PM
My brother is having a nightmare on his Nuzlocke. He got whited out by the first challenge which was after our agreed mercy point. However as starting again would just have yielded him the same starter and Pikipek we all agreed he could still have one but he was down to those 2 Pokemon. His starter has since died and all he's been able to add is Cutiefly.... God help him going forward.

Edit- He's failed but isnt going to start over. And then there were 2... (unless some of the other people I've spoken to decide to actually do it).

He was killed by an Espeon. I assume it's Espeon in Sun and Glaceon in Moon. That thing killed my Mankey but that was it.

Byron
24-11-2016, 06:59 AM
I did hear that this was supposed to be on Black 2 levels of difficulty. I'm glad I don't appear to be wrong!

Won't be playing this for a month though, I've told the wife to get me Sun for Christmas ad while I also want Moon, that'll be a January paycheck purchase.

Pleb
24-11-2016, 03:33 PM
So I'm setting up my squad for the first trial and it just dawned on me that Meowth is now a pure dark type :serious: :drool:

Browning
24-11-2016, 03:35 PM
If anyone wants me to spoiler stuff then let me know.

Getting close to the Water challenge (it was easy to find out her type in game) and I've been rewarded with 2 extra Grass Pokemon and a Lightning Pokemon in the build up to it. I'm obviously not going to keep them all after this, but I may as well have them for this part. I've added Morelull, Steenee and Charjabug to the team. They've currently come in for Eevee, the Mudbray and Grimer just until we get past this, and then we will have to consider who sticks around. The challenge though should be a piece of piss with those lot.

Pleb
24-11-2016, 03:44 PM
Is Grimer worth keeping Browning?

I have him in my box at the moment but I'm not that sure if he's useful for future trials.

Browning
24-11-2016, 04:32 PM
I've only done two trials and not used him in either.

He was donning it for me early game but not used him in ages. Might kick him out soon.

Pleb
24-11-2016, 04:56 PM
First trial done and dusted so my squad is currently looking like this...

Makuhita (lv14) Tackle, Fake Out, Force Palm, Brick Break
Meowth (lv12) Scratch, Growl, Bite, Fake Out
Litten (lv14) Scratch, Ember, Growl, Lick
Slowpoke (lv10) Curse, Yawn, Tackle, Water Gun

Makuhita took out the Totem Gumshoos but got knocked out by a fucking Yungoos in the process :moop: I have a Pikipek in my box along with a Zubat, Grimer and a Yungoos but I'm hoping for a decent flying type in the later routes. I was tempted by a Spearow though. That being said I just caught myself a Delibird.

Dan
24-11-2016, 07:04 PM
Just to further state how broken EXP Share is, I've just completed the first trial on the second island and, despite pretty much exclusively using my starter, my team levels are 29, 23, 23, 23, 20 & 18 :cab:

I do have an all Alola team now though, even if one of them is Grimer. Incidentally, I've pretty much not used it at all either, but I think it's a fairly passable option since most of the stuff so far is bland as fuck. I should probably swap it out for Mudbray again though.

Pleb
24-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Like Browning I've turned it off which has made this normal ass run a bit more fun and challenging than Y/X.

How do you get Mudbray? :sherlock:

Browning
24-11-2016, 07:40 PM
There's a Western themed town on island 2 with a farm at the top and he's really common there.

Dan
24-11-2016, 07:42 PM
It's on a farm on the second island.

Pleb
24-11-2016, 07:54 PM
Well fuck I didn't realise there was a boss/gym leader I had to fight before leaving the first island and completing the first trial, I am so fucked :D

Browning
24-11-2016, 09:11 PM
So my Nuzlocke ends on the 4th trial. That cunt was way too over powered.

No idea what to do now. Starting again feels shit, but so does carrying on. I do technically have other Pokemon I could use, but grinding them to become useful would be too much trouble, plus they'd never beat him anyway. Not getting a single fire type at any point makes that impossible.

I've deleted my save data and we go again. Flipped a coin between the two starters and it's Litten, which is nice as no one out of the others I'm playing with is using him (one was but he failed and restarted with Popplio). Also means I have my FIRE TYPE, so sod's law it dies before then.

Attempt Two has had an unbelievably bad start. I accidentally killed my Route 1 Pokemon and my City Pokemon (Magnemite) died in one of his first fights when he missed 3 times in a row with Supersonic. I almost failed there and then but Litten somehow pulled through to beat the Water Gunning Smeargle. Route 2 yielded me a Smeargle which has been rendered useless by me getting Scratch and Tail Whip on it... and the cemetery gave me Drifloon who seems alright but won't help with the Fighting dude coming us as all his Pokemon seemed to have pursuit. I can almost guarentee he dies to Pursuit at some point. Go Litten!!

Browning
25-11-2016, 02:28 AM
The bad luck on this run continues to come. I captured a Zubat in the cave after the first trial and trained him for the Boss fight. All was going fine but he spammed Pursuit and got 3 critical hits. My healing item delayed the inevitable but with no options to switch and not enough power to kill him quicker we soon died to Pursuit. Fortunately he was on his final Pokemon and it was weak so Big Litten was able to come in and take it down. Zubat though. :( No one could overcome 3 Crits in one fight.

Oh well, he was about to become a bit useless anyway. The team is in alright shape, but some new additions would be nice.

Torracat- 19
Petilil- 14
Drifloon- 14
Mankey- 13
Smeargle- 13

Smeargle can GTFO as soon as possible. Drifloon too most likely.

Byron
25-11-2016, 03:45 PM
Yeah I broke and bought the game, seeing GAME were offering 50% off if you traded in any Gen 6 game.

Browning
25-11-2016, 05:13 PM
The totems really don't suit a Nuzlocke, they're OP as fuck. I will continue with this attempt but if it fails I'm just carrying on. I've not even faced the 2nd one so not lost anything yet, but it whited out my Brother again and my mate lost 4/6 on a further on Totem. Fun times.

Spikey M
25-11-2016, 05:16 PM
Yeah I broke and bought the game, seeing GAME were offering 50% off if you traded in any Gen 6 game.

Is Ruby Omega Gen 6? Do you know how long that's on for?

Byron
25-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Yeah Omega Ruby is Gen 6. Not sure how long the deal is on for though, I imagine the weekend.

Browning
25-11-2016, 07:31 PM
If anyone wants me to spoiler stuff then let me know.

Getting close to the Water challenge (it was easy to find out her type in game) and I've been rewarded with 2 extra Grass Pokemon and a Lightning Pokemon in the build up to it. I'm obviously not going to keep them all after this, but I may as well have them for this part. I've added Morelull, Steenee and Charjabug to the team. They've currently come in for Eevee, the Mudbray and Grimer just until we get past this, and then we will have to consider who sticks around. The challenge though should be a piece of piss with those lot.

Back to this point (well just finished the Water Challenge) with the following team:

Torracat- 22
Petilil- 22
Mudbray- 17
Grubbin- 17
Sylveon- 16
Wishiwashi- 15

Was originally aiming for Jolteon but Grubbin has come in to cover electric, and Torracat covers Fire, so Sylveon was the obvious choice given there's no access to Glaceon until much too far in. Hopefully it's good, I've never had one.

Pleb
25-11-2016, 10:21 PM
Well fuck I didn't realise there was a boss/gym leader I had to fight before leaving the first island and completing the first trial, I am so fucked :D
I evolved Litten and trained the Torracat at to lv17ish, prayed to God slightly and finally beat the first boss.

It took me 10 tries without resetting :moop: My set of Pokemon minus Torracat are now pretty much fucking useless to me. I may keep Meowth as my dark type pokemon unless something big pops up.

Browning
25-11-2016, 11:03 PM
The fighting guy? Zubat absolutely owns him, unless he gets 3 critical hits.

I'm not bitter, honest.

Browning
26-11-2016, 01:00 AM
A random Miltank just Rolled Out through 3 of my Pokemon.... nothing I could do to stop it as I had nothing that could take it. Fortunately they were only Drifloon, Fletchinder (I had 2... now 1) and Mankey. I was carrying them all to train up for the Grass battle that ended my Nuzlocke last time.... but that's out the window. We will base our plan around the other Fletchinder and Torracat then.

Spikey M
26-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Yeah Omega Ruby is Gen 6. Not sure how long the deal is on for though, I imagine the weekend.

Cheers, got Pokemon Moon for Ł20. Not bad.

A couple of questions for y'all:

1) What is this game you all seem to be playing where you can't switch Pokemon or let them faint etc?

2) Someone said there are no gyms earlier; then what exactly do you do in this game?

I'll not be able to play this tonight because my best mate and his wife are round for dinner and drinks (bastards) but I'm looking forward to it. I couldn't get in to Omega Ruby because I only completed the original version of it a year earlier. I'm not really a fan of the remake stuff. If they want to rehash old versions then they need to redo Pokemon Red so I can play it on my 2ds. :drool:

Browning
26-11-2016, 05:19 PM
Cheers, got Pokemon Moon for Ł20. Not bad.

A couple of questions for y'all:

1) What is this game you all seem to be playing where you can't switch Pokemon or let them faint etc?

2) Someone said there are no gyms earlier; then what exactly do you do in this game?

I'll not be able to play this tonight because my best mate and his wife are round for dinner and drinks (bastards) but I'm looking forward to it. I couldn't get in to Omega Ruby because I only completed the original version of it a year earlier. I'm not really a fan of the remake stuff. If they want to rehash old versions then they need to redo Pokemon Red so I can play it on my 2ds. :drool:

Nuzlocke, it's a pretty popular method of playing Pokemon. Basically if a Pokemon faints it's dead forever,and you can only catch the first thing you encounter in each new area. There are a whole bunch of optional rules but that's the main gist of it.

Gyms have been replaced by "Island Trials" which are different but serve the same purpose. Essentially you do some random shit (such as hunting down items, or killing certain pokemon etc) and at the end you battle a powerful "Totem Pokemon".

Oh and you can buy Pokemon Red on the E-Shop.

Browning
26-11-2016, 06:40 PM
I went a bit overboard with training for that Grass wanker who ended my first run.... and ended up OHKO'ing him. If only I had not let my Fletchling die on my first run I could have beaten it. This time I grinded both Fletchling and Torracat like crazy and used my Rare Candies on Torracat... and yea, one shot was all it needed. What a boss.

I really need to train the rest of my team up a bit now, which is annoying after how much grinding I just did, but oh well.

Torracat- 30 (Flame Charge, Fire Fang, Bite, Acrobatics)
Petilil- 24 (Mega Drain, Hidden Power, Leech Seed, Magical Leaf)
Mudbray- 22 (Hidden Power, Stomp, Double Kick, Bulldoze)
Wishiwashi- 21 (Aqua Ring, Hidden Power, Feint Attack, Brine)
Charjabug- 20 (Acrobatics, Bite, Bug Bite, Spark)
Sylveon- 20 (Sand Attack, Draining Kiss, Swift, Fairy Wind)

I also have Fletchinder at level 26 but it seems like I can't really use him given I have the fire starter. In the end she was a bit of a waste of time. :( Oh well, a useful sub if my starter ever dies.

Spikey M
26-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Nuzlocke, it's a pretty popular method of playing Pokemon. Basically if a Pokemon faints it's dead forever,and you can only catch the first thing you encounter in each new area. There are a whole bunch of optional rules but that's the main gist of it.

Gyms have been replaced by "Island Trials" which are different but serve the same purpose. Essentially you do some random shit (such as hunting down items, or killing certain pokemon etc) and at the end you battle a powerful "Totem Pokemon".

Oh and you can buy Pokemon Red on the E-Shop.

Cheers! I will be buying Red as soon as I've finished this!

I gave this half an hour tonight. They really, really, really need to cut out the intro bollocks. I know how to catch a fucking pokemon and I will find my own way around. Give me my Pokemon and fuck off.

Browning
26-11-2016, 11:52 PM
Wishiwashi, despite the shit name, might be one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. :cool:

Just taken down the 2nd Kahuna. Wasn't all that hard but then I did have 3 Pokemon with a huge type advantage over her. She got some Para-flinch luck meaning I couldn't beat her all with 1 mon but a switch to Mudbray saw her off with no casualties. Her having a level 27 Pokemon I'd never seen before was a bit of a concern but it went down to one "High Hosepower".

Dan
27-11-2016, 08:44 AM
How have you managed to get that for twice already Browning?! I'm playing whenever I can & I've only just got there myself!

Browning
27-11-2016, 05:28 PM
I've had a week off work, so that helps.

I was grinding my team up for quite a while and my Wishiwashi died when I wasn't paying attention because I had to stop my daughter getting up the stairs.... fuck sake. It 100% would not have happened if I was paying attention as I had been grinding there for so long and I knew about the only threat, Dragon Rage, and would have healed/switched under 40HP. I considered letting it go in the circumstances but couldn't do it, so there goes my Water God. :(

The game must have felt sorry for me as it gave me a Staryu on the next route. A psychic type at long last. :cool:

Dan
27-11-2016, 06:09 PM
That probably helps, yeah. I'm off next weekend so I'll probably put a good ten hours plus into it then.

Baz
27-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Just installed Emerald on my iPad and it turns out I had a saved game I made ages ago, on my Dropbox. I had somehow given myself the following team:

Ralts lv5
Wurmple lv4
Aron lv11
Spheal lv28 :cab:
Bagon lv25
Beldum lv5

With a lv6 Mudkip in the PC.

P_3
27-11-2016, 06:39 PM
Should have this arriving tomorrow or the day after. Will start with the fire cat and more than likely try to Nuzlocke it from the get go.

In Go news, I've hit level 30 and have 138 out of however many 'mon I can legitly get. This week all exp gained is doubled, so if you get a chance to mass evolve your Pidgeys, do it. You can evolve about 70-80 to get 140000-160000 easily.

Browning
27-11-2016, 09:26 PM
Another death in the Nuzlocke has meant storyline progress has been horrendously slow today as I've had to grind up a replacement. This time Petilil leaves the team after being OHKO'ed by an unexpected "totem" Pokemon, though it wasn't an official totem. While I had better levelled Pokemon I could bring in, I needed a Grass type to cover weaknesses to Water and Rock, so in came Steenee who I fucking love but was under levelled. Currently working on catching her up to the rest of the team. Currently rolling with:

Incineroar- 35 (Leech Life, Fire Fang, Shadow Claw, Darkest Lariat)
Mudsdale- 30 (Hidden Power, Rock Tomb, Double Kick, High Horsepower)
Charjabug- 29 (Acrobatics, Crunch, Bug Bite, Spark)
Sylveon- 28 (Sand Attack, Draining Kiss, Swift, Fairy Wind)
Starmie- 27 (Recover, Psychic, Swift, Bubble Beam)
Steenee- 24 (Double Slap, Low Sweep, Magical Leaf, Razor Leaf)

Pleb
27-11-2016, 10:32 PM
So after I beat that fighting guy before moving to the second island, it dawned on me that I had a Zubat all along and I only needed to grind it up a few levels to get Wing Attack :face:

So I caught Mudbray at the farm. Absolutely useless. May have to train my Zubat and get a Goldbat now. I'm still looking for a decent grass type so if anyone can point me in a direction that will be swell :sherlock:

Browning
27-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Mudbray is a fantastic Pokemon. Does it have Stamina?

As for Grass Types, get a Lillipup and trade it for Bounsweet. When it reaches its final form, which mine just has, it's incredible. Make sure it learns Stomp at Level 29 though or it won't evolve.

Pleb
27-11-2016, 11:44 PM
It has "Own Tempo" which prevents it from being confused which I guess in hindsight it's an advantage but not for what I'm looking for.

Luckily I have a Lillipup so I'll do that then :thbup:

Browning
28-11-2016, 12:15 AM
Are you Nuzlocking or can you just go and get another Mudbray with Stamina?

Pleb
28-11-2016, 12:17 AM
I'm not nuzlocking. I am tempted to get another Mudbray though.

Browning
28-11-2016, 12:21 AM
Stamina is great for him because he gets a Defense boost every time someone hits him. When he learns High Horsepower at about Level 25 or so he's really really strong.

Browning
28-11-2016, 03:24 PM
The Electric Totem has been beaten with absolute ease. It took me 3 shots to kill him but on the 2 turns he got in that time he just used Charge twice. The little prick he summoned to the fight got in a few Bites, but they were weak and upped my defense each time. :cool:

Team:
Incineroar- 37
Mudsdale- 35
Tsareena- 31
Sylveon- 30
Starmie- 30
Charjabug- 30

Got a few high level back ups too so this is feeling a lot better than it once was.

Browning
28-11-2016, 05:16 PM
Starmie becomes yet another water casualty, which fucking sucks after the work I put into him. That comes with it being a Blind Nuzlocke and not knowing the types of new things. Charjabug had some massive Water thing on Red Health and then he returned it due to it's ability. When it came back out I knew Charjabug couldn't take a shot but figured Starmie could and would then outspeed it. It for some bizarre reason went for a bug move on Charjabug which then hit Starmie and KO'ed him. Fairly sure that was rigged, why would you use that move on a bug? But it is what it is. I also didn't predict it was part bug. RIP Starmie.

Luckily I caught a Level 27 Water/Bug thing the route before so it's only 3 levels down, but having 2 bugs is a bit shit. I did however just catch an Elekid holding an Electrizer or whatever it's called. :drool: 1 in 200 chance of getting that (10% chance Elekid, 5% chance it has the item) so I half think I have to bring him in over Charjabug and bring in the new bug for dead Starmie.

Dan
28-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Starmie :( Was it Golisopod using First Impression? That move is like a souped up version of Fake Out, so they can only use it on the first turn they switch in. Which one was the unofficial totem pokemon, by the way?

In my game, I'd been training up a Salandit but forgot that only the females evolve so that was a total waste as mine's a dude :moop: Otherwise going along well, although I'm still super weak to flying so I need a strong rock type or an electric type that's not also a bug.

Some very gimmicky trials in the midgame, it has to be said.

Browning
28-11-2016, 07:53 PM
Starmie :( Was it Golisopod using First Impression? That move is like a souped up version of Fake Out, so they can only use it on the first turn they switch in. Which one was the unofficial totem pokemon, by the way?

In my game, I'd been training up a Salandit but forgot that only the females evolve so that was a total waste as mine's a dude :moop: Otherwise going along well, although I'm still super weak to flying so I need a strong rock type or an electric type that's not also a bug.

Some very gimmicky trials in the midgame, it has to be said.

That was it. The first time it was out it only used Swords Dance so I didn't see any threat... and then.... yea...

I don't think the thing that killed Petilil was a totem at all, it just felt like it at the time. It was the Jellyfish thing that broke into that building. I should have known it would be Poison type but my mind said water and that she'd be fine. Oh well, Tsareena is much better. Those legs :drool:

Dan
28-11-2016, 08:32 PM
That was it. The first time it was out it only used Swords Dance so I didn't see any threat... and then.... yea...

I don't think the thing that killed Petilil was a totem at all, it just felt like it at the time. It was the Jellyfish thing that broke into that building. I should have known it would be Poison type but my mind said water and that she'd be fine. Oh well, Tsareena is much better. Those legs :drool:

Oh yeah, that thing...

That's Nihilego, one of the Ultra Beasts.

I do like Tsareena, but I have Decidueye, so I already have a grass type. It's also why I have no Mimikyu on my team :(

Browning
29-11-2016, 02:14 PM
The 6th (I think?) Totem was taken care of with ease. I think I grinded my starter a bit too high for it after hearing it one shotted my brother's level 40+ Absol. I had no idea what to expect but that made sense when it was part Fairy.... but at least Fire resists that. The ability was annoying but luckily I didn't blow my Z-Move on it and one Malicious Moonsault (fucking hell :D) later it went down.

Incineroar- 46
Sylveon- 40
Electivire- 39
Mudsdale- 35
Tsareena- 33
Araquanid- 32

Sylveon was lagging behind with the others but then I found Shadow Ball and figured that could be useful for the Totem so raised him up a lot. He picked up Moonblast on that way and is pretty epic now. Next order of business will be training the bottom 2 to at least Level 35 I feel. Electivire fit in so nicely as I caught him next to a route filled with Fearow and Skarmory.

Dan
29-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Yeah, my starter is only at 53 & I'm just on the fourth island now :D Admittedly the rest of my squad is also around 50, but yeah, Incineroar should be pretty solid for you for a while yet.

Browning
29-11-2016, 10:28 PM
The fact he moonsaults makes him automatically the best starter. Fuck that stupid owl who can't even beat the Grass totem. :D

Dan
29-11-2016, 11:30 PM
Played most of this afternoon & I've managed to hit the credits. I'd give it a 7 out of 10, probably, which is better than I'd have anticipated a couple of months ago. Some of the trials are stupid, and Team Skull are terrible, but overall it's pretty solid.

Baz
30-11-2016, 12:39 AM
A 7 is pretty good. What would you say was the best Pokemon game?

Dan
30-11-2016, 07:26 AM
A 7 is pretty good. What would you say was the best Pokemon game?

I like Black & White and the sequels, personally, although they've all been more complete games since those. Before that the storylines were all basically the same, although I've still never properly finished diamond/pearl so I can't judge them accurately.

Browning
30-11-2016, 11:28 AM
X and Y are the best followed by Black and the sequel for me.

Dan
30-11-2016, 02:08 PM
X and Y are the best followed by Black and the sequel for me.

Yeah, X&Y are good, and they introduced a lot of good new bits & pieces in those games, but I think (from memory, having played it through once) the story lacked a character with the same substance as N through the Team Plasma arc. Sun/Moon is probably actually second in that regard, despite most of the characters either being shit or totally forgettable

Byron
30-11-2016, 04:18 PM
Combined with Moonsaults and Kukui constantly going 'Oh yeah' and 'woo!' I'm convinced that the game is a wrestling montage.

I mean Incineroar is even called the 'Heel' Pokemon :D

Dan
30-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I did think there were quite a few wrestling references in the game :D Hawaii, of course, being a hotbed for elite pro wrestling.

Can we all discuss, though, how Incineroar's Moonsault is actually a 450 Splash? Fuckin' wrestling posers at GameFreak :panda:

P_3
01-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Not had much time to make progress on Sun, but have gone with Seel and picked up Pidgey mk7 on route 1. Beat the kid and am on the way to the lab.

Dan
01-12-2016, 08:01 PM
I went through the entire main game without my starter fainting once, then in the first proper battle in the post-game I had to use four max revives to stop myself being destroyed by two pokemon. Think I should probably go & train up a bit more again :D

I've also just discovered something interesting in the post-game (this does actually kind of contain plot spoilers, by the way):
There are three Type:Null in existence. This is revealed through deleted files on a computer in Aether Paradise's Secret Lab A, which document the development of the RKS System project as a way to combat the Ultra Beasts. The files end with the three Type:Null being fitted with control masks & cryogenically frozen, having rejected the RKS System during testing of their original models - known as Type:Full - and gone on a rampage.

If Gladion has one, and you get the second, where is the third? Is it actually still frozen, or does someone else have it? :sherlock:

Byron
02-12-2016, 07:03 AM
So I've made some decent progress. I wanted this to be a challenge so it's a semi-Nuzlocke of sorts. Rules being;

Nuzlocke Rules

First Pokemon encountered must be caught
If a Pokemon faints, it dies.
Must fight every trainer I see, no avoiding anyone.
Must fight every wild encounter. No running, Roar or Whirlwind.
No Super Training from the Festival Plaza. Because fuck that shit.
No EXP Share, because fuck that shit even harder.

Mercy Rules

Allowed one Revive on my starter.
Allowed one Revive on a non-starter.
For one route only, I'm allowed to catch two Pokemon for the same route.
Dupes Clause.
Areas with different names (Verdant Cavern for example) are allowed, as are cities.

So I picked Litten because fuck yeah fire cat.

Everything is going smoothly enough, although I lost my Pikipek early on to Ilima and had to use my starter Revive because what fucking Smeargle knows Water Gun?, I caught an Abra in Hau'Oli and a Makuhita in Route 2 meant I was confident for the first trial. The cavern Pokemon were obviously no issue but I ended up using my non-starter Revive on the Totem Gumshoos, as while Makuhita was pummeling it with Force Palm, it took a critical Pursuit at the wrong time (kids, if a Pokemon is in any sort of critical range, heal if at all possible)

So first trial done, but my two mercy heals were gone already. I also ended up using my double catch on this route when I encountered a Growlithe because oh man I fucking love Arcanine (second favourite Pokemon after Gardevoir). I also encountered a slight issue. When Abra evolved it didn't learn Confusion. Turns out at Level 16 it should learn Kinesis and Confusion (the Abra I caught only knew Teleport) and because Kinesis is a 'Evolution move' that took precedence, meaning I have a Kadabra that doesn't know a single attack until Level 21 with Psybeam. Yay.

Hala didn't stand a fucking chance against Makuhita so onto Akala island, I was looking forward to getting to Paniola ranch and getting me a Mudbray, unfortunately it turns out the game had different ideas and gave me a Lillipup. Now Lillipup is awesome, Breakneck Blitz as a Z-Move is powering through a lot of enemies, but I still don't have great coverage as a result.

Gladion can get the fuck out of here as well.

So team currently;

Lvl 20. Torracat - Fire Fang, Ember, Growl, Lick
Lvl 20. Makuhita - Force Palm, Whirlwind, Knock Off, Arm Thrust
Lvl 19. Kadabra - Teleport, Kinesis, Disable AND FUCKING NOTHING ELSE.
Lvl 19. Growlithe - Bite, Reversal, Flame Wheel, Ember
Lvl 18. Lillipup - Bite, Take Down, Baby-Doll Eyes, Odor Sleuth (Sand Rush ability FUCK YEAH)

Just about to see what Pokemon I can catch on Route 5. Wish me luck it's a Grass or Ground Type.

Byron
02-12-2016, 07:03 AM
Fomantis. I'll take it, even if it looks fucking weird.

Dan
02-12-2016, 07:49 AM
You can get Hidden Power & an Eevee from the daycare by Paniola, Byron. At least that'd give Kadabra an attack.

P_3
02-12-2016, 08:04 AM
Jesus I'm slow. Got to route 2 last night and added a Drowzee to the squad. Pikipek has evolved and now OHKOs things for fun.

Byron
02-12-2016, 09:23 AM
You can get Hidden Power & an Eevee from the daycare by Paniola, Byron. At least that'd give Kadabra an attack.

I love you.

Dan
02-12-2016, 01:59 PM
:rosebud: Did it get a good HP type?

Byron
02-12-2016, 02:29 PM
I'll tell you when I get home from work :D

P_3
02-12-2016, 11:17 PM
Fuck off. Lost my recently caught Misdreavus to the first totem.

Byron
03-12-2016, 05:52 AM
Hidden Power Ice, not bad to be fair.

So Fomantis died to a Lillipup Take Down but I got the egg from Paniola Ranch.

Next Brooklet Hill 'it wouldn't be a bad idea to have some Grass type Pokemon as there are lots of Water Types!'

looks at team

Two Fire Types, a Fighting Type, A Psychic Type with an Ice move and a Normal Type

Well shit.

Byron
03-12-2016, 06:46 AM
So holy fuck I was not expecting that from Brooklet Hill.

I caught a Wishiwashi as everyone will here and was distinctly unimpressed but thought that it gave me some coverage so all good.

Then I encountered the Totem Wishiwashi. What the fuck was that thing!?!?

I lead off with Kadabra, who had to switch to Makuhita when the ally Wishiwashi used a Feint Attack. Makuhita and Herdier both suffered damaging Water Gun attacks and to be honest I thought I was going to be wiped.

My Wishiwashi came in and to be honest I was hoping to simply stall out the Water Gun PP. It was a poor strategy but all I had given that my only other Pokemon, Torracat would be murdered.

Wishiwashi died to a critical hit so I brought out Kadabra because I remembered he had Disable and indeed he managed to disable the Water Gun. This meant I could switch to Herdier, one of the bulkier Pokemon I have.

The Totem Wishiwashi then used Soak on Herdier. That was the breakthrough.

It was astoundingly stupid AI, because now Herdier could tank three rounds of attacks. It was still an absolute slug fest but after about another ten rounds, we finally took down the Totem and completed the trial.

Fuck me that was proper exhausting.

Lvl. 21 Torracat
Lvl. 21 Herdier
Lvl. 21 Makuhita
Lvl. 21 Kadabra
Lvl. 19 Growlithe
Egg (HATCH ALREADY GODAMNIT)

P_3
03-12-2016, 10:56 AM
Lost Trumbeak to the 1st Kahuna's Z-Move using crab thing. Caught a Diglett at Ten Carat Hill. So am now rolling with him, Brionne and Drowzee. Pretty much destined to fail. :(

Dan
03-12-2016, 05:06 PM
So holy fuck I was not expecting that from Brooklet Hill.

I caught a Wishiwashi as everyone will here and was distinctly unimpressed but thought that it gave me some coverage so all good.

Then I encountered the Totem Wishiwashi. What the fuck was that thing!?!?

The form, you mean?

Wishiwashi's ability, Schooling, means it starts off in the form of a shoal of Wishiwashi made into one massive fish that has massive attack & spatk stats. Once it hits low health it turns back into a single Wishiwashi & becomes shit again.

Browning
03-12-2016, 05:20 PM
If you haven't yet, just get on Tauros and run around the City for like 2 minutes and your egg will hatch easily.

Wishiwashi only gets that ability at Level 20. Before that he's a pile of shit.

It's also too late now but you could have traded Lilipup for Bounsweet who would have slaughtered that Water totem with a few levels training. Best decision I've made so far.

Need to get back to my Nuzlocke ASAP.

Dan
03-12-2016, 06:03 PM
I've hardly played since I beat the main game :D