PDA

View Full Version : The Pokemon Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Browning
13-04-2016, 01:36 PM
Finally we are six again, with this little gem joining up:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/5/53/462Magnezone.png/250px-462Magnezone.png

I'm at a loss as to what to do with Hawlucha. I deleted Roost when he wanted to learn High Jump Kick as I could just use an item instead of Roost. However that leaves us with High Jump Kick (Fighting), Power-Up Punch (Fighting), Flying Press (Fighting/Flying) and Bounce (Flying) which is just a mess.

I want to teach him Grass Knot and/Or Dig. Grass Knot is because I just came up against a Water/Ground type and couldn't touch the fucker (the fact I have 3 Steel types none of which levitate doesn't help) and Dig to use on Poison types if need be. I have Steelix for that so it's not essential. But that move set needs rounding out a lot I'm just not sure what I can do away with. Bounce seems the most forgettable as Flying Press will be used 9 times out of 10 when I need a Flying move, but then I'm still in a scenario where I have 3 fighting moves. At the moment my lean is to get rid of Bounce/High Jump Kick and learn both Dig and Grass Knot, and hopefully replace one with a Rock type move at some stage, but we'll see.

The fact High Jump Kick is basically going to kill him if it misses means it's gone. I'll roll with Grass Knot in it's place for now.

Browning
13-04-2016, 06:22 PM
RIP Talonflame, my second Pokemon and the oldest survivor. :(

Browning
13-04-2016, 09:06 PM
A Psychic gym was just what the Doctor ordered for my Steel heavy team. I wanted to let Doublade handle it, but ultimately I wasn't brave enough and resorted to Plan A... Steelix. I switched in Magnezone against the Slowking, but it was all routine. The loss of Talonflame still stings.

Team with 7 Badges:
Steelix- 56 (Stone Edge, Dig, Crunch, Iron Tail)
Hawlucha- 50 (Sky Attack, Grass Knot, Fly, Flying Press)
Doublade- 49 (Iron Head, Swords Dance, Night Slash, Shadow Claw)
Tentacruel- 49 (Hex, Surf, Poison Jab, Venoshock)
Magnezone- 49 (Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Metal Sound, Electro Ball)
Avalugg- 49 (Avalanche, Ice Fang, Bulldoze, Rock Tomb)

Some pointless moves in there that need improving, but I'm fairly happy with it on the whole.

Browning
14-04-2016, 08:56 PM
Some cunt of a Malamar just swept half my team. I didn't even know what type it was. I kind of don't want to carry on after that.

Dan
14-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Malamar is deadly if you don't know what's coming. Did is just SuperPower sweep you?

It's Psychic/Dark, just in case you haven't looked it up, so just smash it with a bug move (ideally a special one) before it can set up & pray it doesn't have rest.

Browning
14-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Yep, exactly.

I looked it up when it became evident it wasn't Steel, but I had no Bug or Fairy moves to kill it with. I figured Doublade would be able to save me as Fighting can't hit it, but it used Payback and killed him too. Somehow Tentacruel took him down with Surf but not before I'd lost Doublade, Hawlucha (when I thought he was steel... I mean... just look at it) and Magnezone (I figured he could take a shot with Sturdy... but I didn't realise he was about 2HP down from an earlier fight.... fuck sake).

We soldier on battered but not beaten. Lysandre must have felt sorry for me because he didn't Mega Evolve so I just about got through that with no further deaths. I've just landed Yveltal and am weighing up using him or not. I've now allowed myself any guaranteed encounters so far, but in the circumstances (and given I've never got this far in Y so never had one) I'm considering it. Beyond that the only back up I have is an Amoongus.... ugh. Well, also a Sneasel but I can't evolve him. And some shit that's way too under levelled to could.

Edit- For some reason Yveltal was top of my party when Lysandre turned up for a 3rd time... taking the decision out of my hands (I had always intended to catch him as I need one on my main game). I wasn't going to give that prick a free turn by switching to someone else. Yveltal did the business and got us through again with no casualties. I guess now I need to consider if he stays or not.

P_3
14-04-2016, 10:13 PM
So has his Malamar got Contrary? What a bitch.

Zigzagoon and Linoone have been fucking me right off. They appear on every single route in OR, meaning I haven't caught anything new for absolutely ages. :mad:

Browning
14-04-2016, 10:45 PM
You should have used the duplicate rule, I guess. I didn't on this run but I've run into one duplicate that I remember.

Browning
14-04-2016, 11:32 PM
So we save for tonight with:
Steelix- 60
Tentacruel- 56
Avalugg- 53
Amoonguss- 45
Golem- 45
Possibly Yvetal- 50

Still torn on Yveltal which is why I've not used him other than the 1 battle that was forced on me. I'm not sure whether it diminishes the accomplishment somewhat if I keep him and actually do survive this run. I've just ground Amoonguss up 10 levels tonight and probably need to do 10 more tomorrow before I can continue. Golem was just caught on this new route (as a Graveler) but I probably won't keep him either way. He offers nothing that Steelix doesn't do better.

Who the fuck would have guessed Steelix would be this runs MVP.

Pleb
15-04-2016, 09:15 PM
I'm tempted to headbutt a tree on my nuzlocke save and get a Heracross...yay or nay?

Is Yveltal a pure Fairy type or a dual physic/fairy? I would be tempted to use it.

Browning
15-04-2016, 10:33 PM
Neither, he's Dark/Flying. He was very interesting in the one match I was forced to use him for, but I'm still undecided whether it's going to make it too easy to use a legendary. Grinding up that Grass dude is taking forever.... despite the fact he levels up relatively fast. No idea what to expect from the E4 so no idea if I'm truly fucked or not at this stage.

Edit- I've just read that you HAVE to catch Yveltal to progress with the game. Therefore as I didn't have 6 Pokemon when I got there, I had no choice but to use him against Lysandre, especially when they automatically chuck him to top of the team. So because of that I'm going to keep him. Fuck it. It's going to be boring as fuck otherwise.

Pleb
16-04-2016, 05:09 PM
The Elite Four is Fire, Water, Steel and Dragon.

The Champion shouldn't be a problem with the levels that you have but if you don't deal with Gardevoir properly then you might have a slight problem.

Browning
16-04-2016, 05:14 PM
I decided this morning against Yveltal and the game rewarded me with a Tyranitar. We are back in the game.

Browning
16-04-2016, 08:36 PM
I very, very nearly lost Avalugg. Jesus did I over estimate his Special Defense, it's fucking shit. But he clung on.

I did briefly have an Ursaring, but I had to sacrifice him to get through a fucking hard Double Battle. Oh well.

Browning
16-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Despite being grossly over levelled, that Avalugg gave my Steelix some serious problems. He got very fucking lucky with me being confused from the previous mon and hitting myself twice, and then Iron Tail missing twice... but it meant he has Cursed non-stop and was able to get maxed out attack and defense. I was dead in the water if I kept hitting him with, now, weak Iron Tails and doubling the power of Avalanche. In the end I used 3 X-Attacks and 3 X-Defends (all I had) and then an X Accuracy, and then twatted the cunt.

Team after 8 Gyms:
Steelix- 74
Tentacruel- 65
Amoonguss- 60
Tyranitar- 58 (With Tyranitarite)
Avalugg- 58

And currently my fodder mon is Ditto 49.

Steelix is very much the king of this game. We owe everything to him if we get to the end.

Browning
17-04-2016, 04:50 PM
I'm actually quite amazed at how long this game is.

Since the above post I decided some grinding was needed ahead of Victory Cave, particularly for Tyranitar. I've pretty much written off Avalugg after his almost death, he just scares me too much. As a result I haven't grinded him at all, but we'll see if I go back to him. Currently rocking Steelix 77, Tentacruel 70, Tyranitar 66 and Amoonguss 65 as my main 4. However this cave fucking scares me. So many fighting types which Steelix and Tyranitar are weak to, meaning Tentacruel is my only hope. As a result I got him to Level 70 before continuing and then he was almost killed by a Level 60 Medicham using Zen Headbutt. It left him on yellow health but it was scary enough. Perhaps he needs to be even higher to get through this.

I never thought I would love Steelix and Tentacruel this much. As long as those 2 make it to the end I'm happy.

Nothing shows how over levelled I am quite like that rival battle. I wasn't expecting it but had Tyranitar up front (without his Mega stone as he was holding Lucky Egg) and she started with Meowstic.... no contest there as Crunch sends it packing after her fairy move did nothing. In comes Altaria who is Ice Beamed straight out of there. Greninja was obviously an issue so I switch to Tentacruel and she froze me solid with Ice Beam.... but I thawed out to his Dazzling Gleam and leave her on 1HP or so. Of course my sandstorm then decided to end.... letting her attack again and make me flinch with Dark Pulse. After a second flinch I did have to heal but then Greninja died and after that it was piss easy to take out Absol (Dazzling Gleam) and Flareon (Surf). Thank you Malamar for making me teach Dazzling Gleam... it's come in VERY useful.

Browning
17-04-2016, 09:03 PM
The Elite 4 was taken on, results below:

Elite 4:

I decided to take on Fire first as this should be the easiest with Tentacruel. Talonflame outsped him and got off a Brave Bird but every pokemon was a OHKO with Surf.We levelled up to 76 at the end.

I'd try Dragon next as again Tentacruel would be the lead here. I wasn't expecting Dragalge or whatever it was called to have Thunderbolt, which proved problematic, but it went down eventually after I used one Full Restore. Altaria was blown away with one Ice Beam. I healed up again against Noivern which let it get off 2 Dragon Pulses but they did next to nothing and he died to one Ice Beam too. Druddigon survived a critical Ice Beam and used Dragon Tail which bought out the mon I took as fodder.... Ditto. We both used healing items the next turn, then I used Transform and she used Revenge. I managed to get in a Super Effective Dragon Tail which left her in the red. She did the same and died to Rough Skin, but Ditto was dead. Wasn't expecting that fight to go that way. :D

The last 2 rooms were a lot scarier on paper. Water I chose to lead with Amoonguss even though I had my doubts he would survive it. He made short work of Clawitser with a couple of Giga Drains. Starmie then came in to Psychic him to death. Fuck. I called upon Tyranitar. He Mega Evolved and Starmie hit Surf but it didn't do much and Crunch killed him. Earthquake killed Barbaracle in one. Thunderbolt took out Gyarados. That could have been worse.

For the Steel chamber I decided to turn to the MVP... Steelix. At level 82 he was surely capable of beating some of his own kind. Klefki used Torment and Iron Tail almost killed. I couldn't use it again... so I used Crunch as I wanted to save my other moves and Klefki was all but dead, but he full restored it. It then used a pathetic Dazzling Gleam before dying to Iron Tail. Next up was Probopass who only survived Dig thanks to Sturdy and did a fair bit of damage with Earth Power. He too used a Full Restore to survive my Crunch. At least that took Sturdy out of the way for Dig to kill. Next up was Aegislash who wrecked my attack with King's Shield so I sent in Avalugg to die and healed up Steelix. The prick did the same thing again when Steelix came back so anticipating the fighting move I switch in Tentacruel. Tentacruel took him out with 3 Surfs, helped by him trying to use King's Shield twice in a row. Scizor wasn't at all scary and a couple of Surfs took care of him.

So we'd be taking on the champion with the big 3.... Steelix, Tentacruel and Tyranitar, each charged with taking out 2 opponents.

I started with Tentacruel as he'd been the most use so far. Her choosing Hawlucha was good as either of my other 2 were weak to it. Flying Press did nothing while my Dazzling Gleam left it in red. Predicting the Full Restore I went for it again and again it survived, but only long enough to hit another crap Flying Press. 1-0. In came Aurorus. Due to it's massive weakness I seapped to Steelix and she used Light Screen. That won't help against Steelix. Iron Tail wiped it off the face of the Earth. In came Goodra which could be a problem. Goodra went first and hit FOCUS BLAST which left me on 118/250HP while Iron Tail left her low as well. She was faster and would, just about, kill me. A switch to Tentacruel was needed. She used a Full Restore. Damn it. Tentacruel's Ice Beam did nothing as did her Dragon Pulse. I healed up Steelix while she kept using Dragon Pulse. The Light Screen wore off allowing Ice Beam to hurt more. 2 did the trick and it was 3-0 with Tentacruel having his 2 kills. Luckily I had one Ice Beam left for Tyrantrum, 4-0. I didn't have one left for Gourgeist so with one eye on the Gardevoir I'd been warned about I swapped to Steelix who then had Ghost type added to him. A couple of Crunches took him out but I was worried about the new Ghost typing leaving me weak to Shadow Ball. I made the switch to Tyranitar which enabled her to Mega Evolve and then go for the predictable Shadow Ball which did nothing. She hit Mega Tyranitar hard with Moon Blast but he survived it comfortably enough (117HP) and then hit back with Crunch for the kill.

Survivors:
Steelix- 84
Tentacruel- 77
Tyranitar (Mega)- 71

Pleb
17-04-2016, 09:12 PM
That team :drool:

Does all six pokemon heal fully when you face Az post game?

Browning
17-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Yea, they do, but Tentacruel battered him on his own.

P_3
19-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Nicely done Browning. What's next on the agenda for you?

Browning
19-04-2016, 10:00 AM
I've started ORAS to give it another chance to prove it's not shit. It's been a rough start though....

Pokemon wise it was going well as the first few routes/forest yielded a mix.... Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Wurmple and Slakoth. I took on the Rock gym at around Level 13 all round (with Dustox) and Geodude fell after I used Zigzagoon to work down it's attack/accuracy but he boosted his defense too much for me to kill it so I sent in Dustox, used Harden to the max, and then confusioned it to death. In came Nosepass who could only do 5-6 damage even with Rock Tomb so while Confusion wasn't hurting him bad, I worked him down and would easily have won... only for the Critical Hit which ignores my defense boost to come the turn where Nosepass would have died. Dustox was down but he was so weak we could easily take him out after there. Fuck sake though. That 2nd gym is looking impossible now....

Zigzagoon- 13
Poochyena- 13
Slakoth- 11
Whismur- 9

Yey....

P_3
19-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Really needed that Dustox to survive. You are going to get bashed around big time.

I now remember why I'm not a big fan of the latter part of Ruby. Too much water. The team has had Lanturn replace Linoone as we are about to go after Team Magma underwater.

Browning
19-04-2016, 10:20 AM
I never thought I'd say this... but I'm praying for a fucking Zubat.

Dustox would have been lovely, but that team was so poorly designed for a Rock Gym. Oh well. This is why I don't use starters. :D

No luck on the Zubat front as Makuhita joins the team in Dewford Cave. There are 2 fishing spots I can use on this island (the island itself, and the route to the North) so I could have 2 chances to get a Tentacruel :cool: who would resist fighting but not sure I want one again so soon. Obviously there's a chance I get 2 Magikarp... and no way I'm getting that to Level 20 in time for the Gym. May just have to grind Makuhita and let him handle it.

Browning
19-04-2016, 12:46 PM
I see they've made it so the 2nd Gym is no longer skippable. I wasn't planning on skipping it, but I would have liked to have explored the cave and got that done, and possibly even cleared out the beach for EXP and then come back. Oh well. Grinding in the cave it is....

I was able to get both Magikarp and Tentacool, but Magikarp is a much higher level. That coupled with him having a mega and me having just used Tentacruel makes it an easy choice. Gyarados. :cool:

Browning
19-04-2016, 03:07 PM
Gym 2 was taken down in a solo effort by Makuhita, with Poocyena coming in to take out a couple of Meditites who I had to gamble wouldn't have fighting moves. The Gym fight itself was easy enough. Fake Out and Force Palm had Machop in the red while he only got in 1 Leer.... he was healed up with a Super Potion but 2 Force Palms killed him off with no damage done. His Makuhita came in and Force Palm put him in low yellow while he mysteriously used Knock Off which is A) Not Very effective and B) Learnt at level 19 where as he is 16. Oh well. He died next turn for an easy win.

Makuhita- 19
Zigzagoon- 15
Poochyena- 15
Slakoth- 15
Magikarp- 15
Tentacool- 5

I basically decided to grind until Magikarp got to level 15 so he could at least fight for himself if it came to it. That meant switching him to other mons of course, with Makuhita coming in for every Wild Makuhita/Geodude we encountered and a mixture of everyone else coming in for the Zubats. Tentacool just hangs around as a potential fodder kill if we ever need one. I obviously have a soft spot for him after Y... but not going to use him this time. Slakoth Vs Zigzagoon will be an interesting choice one day. Zigzagoon is obviously boring as fuck, but Slakoth is REALLY irritating with his ability. We'll see.

God do I know P_3s pain already.... 3rd time a route has yielded Zigzagoon.... I can only imagine there's many more to come.

Pleb
20-04-2016, 04:16 PM
After taking a break from my SoulSilver nuzlocke, I went back to it only to be OHKO dramatically by Whitney's Miltank. Even a lv19 Geodude with Magnitude kept missing due to attract, even then a Magnitude 9 slashed it to half health :panda:

I'll restart SoulSilver in the near future. Probably start up a Sinnoh nuzlocke (Probably Platinum, Diamond is tempting me).

Browning
20-04-2016, 04:51 PM
I did look at your team and think Miltank would feast on it but I assumed you knew about it.

If you're lucky enough to get Drowzee trading it for Machop is almost a must.

Pleb
20-04-2016, 05:02 PM
I didn't get a Drowzee, was hoping for a Heracross in the trees instead I got a Ledyba instead :moop:

Browning
20-04-2016, 05:14 PM
I think in the remakes Drowzee is available both below and above Goldenrod (not sure if that was always the case) but obviously even then you don't always get him. Heracross would have been interesting, not sure if he has many good fighting moves though.

Pleb
20-04-2016, 06:02 PM
Brick Break at lv19 which would of helped but meh. Aerial Ace would of been nice.

Browning
20-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Aerial Ace wouldn't have done much to Miltank but would have helped later on.

You almost can't help but turn Linoone into an HM whore. I was happy that Mauville had 3 new routes to explore but 2 had no grass and 1 gave me Volbeat....

Browning
20-04-2016, 09:27 PM
My God Makuhita is a piece of shit stats wise. He's been donning it for me so far but looking at his stats at level 23 they are, in order, 74 (HP), 38, 22, 19, 18, 19. Yep.... 4 of his 6 stats (including HP) are LOWER THAN HIS LEVEL. Not a single other Pokemon in my team including the fodder level 5 Tentacool has a single stat lower than their level. Fuck.

It was because of this that I used Vigoroth for the Electric gym having taught him, Makuhita and Gyarados Bulldoze after spending all my money on the TM for it. He blitzed through the entire gym without issue. To compare him to Makuhita his stats are 73, 51, 46, 31, 33 and 54. I know Makuhita hasn't evolved yet... but that's a no contest.

Vigoroth- 23
Makuhita- 23
Gyarados- 23
Mightyena- 22
Linoone- 21
Tentacool- 5

I'm hoping to catch something soon to come into the team proper and push Linoone into a Fodder/HM whore role.

Sam
21-04-2016, 07:58 AM
My 3ds and Omega Ruby arrived. Wanted to try something different so research a few playstyles and settled on the idea of a Wonderlocke, quite enjoy the thought of some random traded from across the world. Made it past the first gym and up to the cave to rescue Peeko before calling it for the night.

Team consists of:

Phanpy - Level 14
Froakie - Level 13
Panpour - Level 13
Zigzagoon - Level 13
Poochyena - Level 12
Ralts - Level 1

Reserves - Whismer (Level 14) and Treavant (Level 39).

Ralts is the new addition after trading in the cave, will spend some time over lunch levelling him out ready to take the world on. Quite a mixed bunch currently but Phanpy/Donphan was one of my favourite lines back in Crystal so I'm happy to have him around. Treavant was a cool trade, Japanese as well, but way to high of a level to consider for now. The Froakie has an ability where it changes type depending on what attack I use, pretty damn switch to ghost-type for Lick for example.

Oh and the Zigzagoon got traded with Pokerus (is this still a thing?!) so all my pokemon are affected. Bonus.

Browning
21-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Even with Wonderlocke, you can't avoid Zigzagoon. :D

Dan
21-04-2016, 05:31 PM
Wonderlocke could be really fun. If you get a Volcanion :drool:

Pleb
21-04-2016, 08:38 PM
A Sinnoh Nuzlocke is in the works. I've thought about a Chesslocke but I'm probably thinking "Fuck that noise."

Dan
21-04-2016, 08:46 PM
What the fuck is a Chesslocke?! :D

Pleb
21-04-2016, 08:59 PM
http://nuzlocke.wikia.com/wiki/Chesslocke

Dan
21-04-2016, 09:07 PM
That sounds pretty tricky. I dread to investigate the other ludicrous play styles that have been invented.

Browning
21-04-2016, 09:55 PM
I discovered "Wedlocke" the other day which sounds mental, but had no idea there were so many others.

Browning
21-04-2016, 10:21 PM
For the record, while I'm enjoying my ORAS Nuzlocke, I'm even more of the opinion it's piss easy than I was previously. Why has it been dumbed down so fucking much? Just about every trainer is willing to battle you every 5 minutes, essentially giving you access to way too much EXP (and don't get me started on the shit EXP share again....), you have that stupid Nav Dex thing, which I'm refusing to use, which can let you manipulate what you encounter.... just.... really? These games weren't all that challenging to begin with, stop giving us so many fucking crutches.

Sam
21-04-2016, 10:26 PM
I agree with the large amount of exp, even with the exp off I have found myself over levelled. Good fun though.

Pleb
23-04-2016, 06:06 PM
I completely forgot how much of a twat Barry is in Platinum.

I've started off with Piplup for this hopefully I get a lot further than last time :baz:

Sam
24-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Righto, made it to Fortree Town with the following;

Greninja - Level 37
Grumpig - Level 37
Donphan - Level 37
Panpour - Level 37
Dratini - Level 21

Dratini was the most recent trade, at level 1, hopefully keep it going along and have a Dragonite, which would be bloody amazing.

Deaths so far are Amaura (level 16), Ledyba (level 8) and Helioptile (level 32). Was gutted to lose the latter as he was shaping up to be something pretty cool, alas, it was not meant to be, taken out way to easily.

Fun so far that being said.

Browning
24-04-2016, 11:45 AM
I've just lost a Numel I was enjoying using through pure stupidity. Was trying to train a new Grimer and accidentally walked into a double battle. Had to switch Grimer so switched to Numel thinking Gyarados would OHKO their Azumarill before it could hit Numel. Alas I forgot Dragon doesn't hit fairy. Fuck sake.

Browning
24-04-2016, 10:33 PM
Wow the AI for my fight with Norman was useless...

I kicked off with Fake Out on Slaking, stealing an extra turn as he would Truant. I use that for Power Up Punch. When he finally had the chance to hit me he used Yawn.... dying to Power Up Punch. In came Vigoroth as I fell asleep so I healed that up and he used Encore. No problem as Power Up Punch killed him. Finally Slaking comes in and uses Swagger. I can't remember if I hit myself or him that turn but I just healed the confusion and then he finally went for Retaliate but didn't do much and died to Force Palm with my insane Attack stat. Piece of piss.

Hariyama- 33 (Bulldoze, Fake Out, Power-Up Punch, Force Palm)- I should probably replace Bulldoze with Dig if nothing else... but haven't bothered, I rarely ever use it.
Mightyena- 30 (Incinerate, Dig, Assurance, Howl)- Incinerate doesn't help much thanks to his poor Special (which is the best in my team :D) but since Numel's death is offers some nice coverage.
Gyarados- 30 (Bulldoze, Twister, Bite, Dragon Rage)- Needs a water move badly.
Vigoroth- 30 (Power-Up Punch, Slash, Rock Tomb, Feint Attack)- Pretty decent all round so far.
Sandslash- 30 (Rock Tomb, Magnitude, Slash, Dig)
Grimer- 30 (Sludge Bomb, Rock Tomb, Dig, Power-Up Punch).

My Kingdom for any kind of special attacker....

Dan
24-04-2016, 10:57 PM
You really need more moves than PUP, Dig/Bulldoze & Rock Tomb :D

Browning
24-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Indeed, it's annoying as hell. I have a few back up Mons but none that offer any new types etc.

I think Flying is the next gym so I'll need Gyarados to learn Ice Fang by then, which I believe is soon enough. Just got Surf as well but what with his shit special that won't help so I'll probably stick it on Linoone who lost his spot but comes out when I need HMs.

If and when I catch a mon who is worth adding I have no idea who he'll replace though. Guess it depends what it is.

Edit- Or,,,, you know.... Rock Tomb. :D

I forgot to mention there was one moment where I was sure I was going to lose Vigoroth.

I got into a battle with a trainer's Level 26 Sandslash when he was roughly the same level. It was in a Sandstorm which didn't help. He used poison sting and of course it poisoned me. The poison also seemed to do a ridiculous amount of damage for some reason. He then used Sand Tomb which of course trapped me. Sand Tomb did little damage but that plus the additional damage at the end of the turn plus the Sandstorm plus the poison was doing basically 60% of my health or whatever. I was able to Super Potion back to full but the same thing kept happening. I then ran out of Super Potions meaning I'd be left in a scenario of OHKO the fucker or probably die. Fortunately I was then released from Sand Tomb so I swapped out of there ASAP only for Gyarados to miss the fucker twice and be put in the same position after getting poisoned (only without the Sand Tomb as that doesn't effect him). Gyarados powered through though and killed it. Thank fuck.

Pleb
25-04-2016, 12:03 AM
So after catching Starly and Bidoof respectively I've only gone and caught a fucking Shinx :drool:

Browning
25-04-2016, 07:56 AM
Shinx is a fucking stud.

It really annoyed me that there's a route in ORAS that has Plusle (who sucks but I have a soft spot for him as he was in my first ever Sapphire team), Minun, Elektrike and Voltorb.... yet I got Zigzagoon again.

Sam
25-04-2016, 08:09 AM
Shinx is a fucking stud.

It really annoyed me that there's a route in ORAS that has Plusle (who sucks but I have a soft spot for him as he was in my first ever Sapphire team), Minun, Elektrike and Voltorb.... yet I got Zigzagoon again.

The joys of wondertrade have been that I've had about 6 Zigzagoons, luckily I stated dups clause so I just traded them off.

That said, where do I get a water stone in Omega Ruby? I've just read up that this is how Panpour evolves and damnit, I want this sucker to evolve (not before hitting 43 and getting Crunch).

Sam
25-04-2016, 08:12 AM
Also keep getting creatures that require damn trade evolving. Got a Porygon but two trades to get it to a final form? Damnit.

Browning
25-04-2016, 05:05 PM
The game blessed me with an Elektrike but I wasn't paying attention and he died before I could get close to catching his level up. Fuck sake. I'm destined to have this boring team forever.

Browning
26-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Winona is down but it almost came at a cost. Almost.

After losing Elektrike (I'm still pissed about that) I decided a Lightning type was a must so trekked back and picked up a Magnemite which is now Magnezone. He clipped Swellow down with east but Altaria raised it's defense loads meaning Spark was useless and my only other Lightning move was Volt Switch. It almost didn't matter because a W4 Earthquake rocked him but he survived. The Volt Switch then let me send in Gyarados (without his Mega Stone as I went for Lucky Egg for this fight) and sweep her team, though Pellipper causes some issues, not because he could have killed me as all his moves were shit.... but he just hung around for ages using Roost/Protect. Altaria was sent packing with one Ice Fang and Skarmory took 2 Aqua Tails.

Gyarados (With Mega Stone)- 41 (Aqua Tail, Ice Fang, Crunch, Dragon Rage)
Magnezone- 37 (Flash Cannon, Spark, Volt Switch, Tri Attack)
Vigoroth- 35 (Power-Up Punch, Slash, Rock Tomb, Feint Attack)
Sandslash- 35 (Rock Tomb, Magnitude, Slash, Dig)
Grimer- 35 (Sludge Wave, Dig, Rock Tomb, Power-Up Punch)
Hariyama- 35 (Bulldoze, Fake Out, Power-Up Punch, Force Palm)
Mightyena- 35 (Incinerate, Dig, Assurance, Howl)

Now obviously that's 7 mons, but i'm not sure who to leave out at this stage. Mightyena is probably my least favorite/most likely to drop but there's a Psychic Gym coming up and I'm not really sure what Sandslash brings to the table. It's almost certainly worth keeping Mightyena through the next gym.... but then isn't the last one Water? That said the E4 champion relies heavily on Steel so having a pure Ground type wouldn't be bad. Decisions....

P_3
26-04-2016, 11:24 AM
Jesus, your Magneton is one lucky bastard. That Altaria has killed many an unsuspecting Electric type.

I'm hitting up the Elite 4 with 5 'mon and a Mawile. Mawile has swept two of the trainers so far and seems to have an advantage against the next two too. What a don. :drool:

Browning
26-04-2016, 11:29 AM
Yep, as soon as I saw it I thought "Well that's that..." but it didn't even put him in red, it was low yellow. I reckon it must be a combination of Altaria's low attack (if it has it, I'm guessing) and Zone's high defense. If it had still been Magneton he'd have been gone for sure, thank fuck I did that one level of grinding in the power plant. I wish it had Sturdy, that was a nice safety net that would have saved him had it been needed, but I have the ridiculously pointless Magnet Pull.

P_3
26-04-2016, 11:35 AM
Oh, misread that. Didn't realise it was a Magnezone. Have you found Charge Beam yet? Would be handy in place of Spark.

Browning
26-04-2016, 11:37 AM
I have not, but yea, I'm looking for something to replace Spark. Thunderbolt would be nice too but I read that's not obtainable until catching Kyogre... though that should be soon enough I reckon. Spark is a bit rubbish and Volt Switch is better but often I don't want to switch.

Any thoughts on who to boot out at this stage?

Edit- Seems Charge Beam is one of the moves for sale in Mauville... so maybe I'll have to go back to get that.

P_3
26-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Grimer and Mightyena when you find a special Water-type to do the Surfing.

Unfortunately PUP let me down against the champion. Blaziken boosted itself to max attack against the fodder but when it came to the champion's star Pokemon, PUP left him in the red and he killed Blaziken with a Zen Headbutt. Sandslash came in to wipe him out and secure my victory. Thus the winning team is: Sandslash, Cradily, Azumarill, Mawile and Pelipper. The dead guys are: Blaziken, Lanturn, Doduo and Whismur. On to Diamond. :cool:

Browning
26-04-2016, 12:06 PM
I too will be moving to Diamond once this is done having been able to borrow my brother's copy. Still a fair way to go though.

P_3
26-04-2016, 01:29 PM
Yep, I'll definitely be using the duplicates clause on Diamond. I have a fear that all I'll see is Bidoofs. Started with a Chimchar, obviously.

EDIT: Beat Roark thanks to my Rock Smashing Geodude, three levels weaker than his best Pokemon. Decided against Dupes Clause, as I've been really lucky thus far, although Shinx eludes me.

Lv15 Budew - Mega Drain, Absorb, Growth, Stun Spore
Lv13 Chimchar - Ember, Scratch, Leer, Taunt
Lv12 Geodude - Rock Throw, Rock Smash, Tackle, Defense Curl
Lv12 Abra - Hidden Power (Ice), Teleport :cool:
Lv6 Zubat - Leech Life, Supersonic
Lv6 Bidoof - Tackle, Growl

Browning
26-04-2016, 08:00 PM
Managed to bag Shuppet, which is now Banette, and soon to be Mega Banette. :drool:

Ends the long run of Muk in the side I guess, which is a shame. If there were more fairies in the game I'd keep him, but they come along so rarely I think we can afford to use Magnezone to destroy them.

P_3
26-04-2016, 08:13 PM
Can't remember, can it learn PUP? :drool:

Browning
26-04-2016, 08:20 PM
Unfortunately not. :(

I'm loving him already though. Just smashing the fuck out of the Ghost tower place with his Shadow Ball. Thankfully it seems to be mostly Psychic types other than the wild Ghosts who are far lower in level than him after I did a little grinding. I did teach him Charge Beam which I've also grown fond of as I seem to get the Special Attack Boost so often.

:lol: at this trainer I just faced. I put Slaking top as he was falling behind everyone else. She sends out Shuppet meaning PUP and Slash are useless. I should have used Feint Attack but wasn't thinking and went for Rock Tomb.... she switched to Xatu. :D

Dan
26-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Mega Banette :cool: I do like Muk, but that's a definite upgrade. It's got a massive Attack stat, so get Shadow Claw/Sneak on it ASAP.

Charge Beam is a 70% chance for the SpAtk boost too, hence why you're getting it all the time.

Browning
26-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Of course my Banette has an Attack down nature.... that's why I thought it was a Special Attacker when it was Shuppet. But now it's evolved it's Attack is 99 (at level 42) compared to Special Attack 82. Probably closer than is ideal... but I guess I need to look for some Physical moves for him.

Both my Gyarados and Slaking have Special Attack down, so I guess I was bound to get one eventually where the nature fucked me over.

Dan
27-04-2016, 06:22 AM
I believe Mega Banette has Base 165 attack, so the difference will still be huge when it megas. It's strange how rarely you end up getting Adamant/Jolly/Modest/Timid natures in game. Always seems to be the shitty neutral ones like Serious :moop:

Sam
27-04-2016, 09:01 AM
Where is the damn water stone in Omega Ruby?

Panpour needs that evolution.

Browning
27-04-2016, 10:17 AM
You need dive to get it.

Browning
27-04-2016, 10:32 AM
I'm tempted to bring back Muk with Focus Blast and kick Hariyama out as he's not done much. I also have Vileplume who I could load up with a solid Grass/Poison/Fairy move. It's a tough call for that final spot.

Sam
27-04-2016, 10:38 AM
You need dive to get it.

Fuck.

Now to hunt for dive.

P_3
27-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Now to hunt for dive.
You get it for getting 7th badge.

Pleb
27-04-2016, 06:16 PM
After using five potions to keep Piplup alive I've defeated Roark using only Piplup with the skin of my teeth. I've caught two Shinx (one with intimidate which I'm using in my squad) and two Zubats so I'm really not complaining. I've also got a Geodude which to be fair if Piplup died I would of been fucked since Geodude is a lv8 and Cranidos is faster than all of my mons (:moop:). I'm hoping to get a Crobat further down the game. I nearly got a Ponyta but got the Zubat instead :panda:

My squad at the moment is Geodude, Zubat (both lv8), Shinx, Starly (both lv11) and Piplup (lv14) but obviously training will be my next priority till I get to the next gym. Piplup should evolve by the time I get there fingers crossed etc.

This might end poorly :rosebud:

I've now lost my Shinx to a fucking Stunky :nono:

P_3
27-04-2016, 06:32 PM
Yeah, be careful when you get to the windworks. The boss there nearly fucked my Geodude. Used up nearly all my Potions keeping him alive.

Bidoof ruined two routes' worth of Water Pokemon and Geodude has popped up to ruin two more after Eterna Forest. Only new addition to the team is Silcoon who is now a Beautifly. Looking for a fossil of some kind in the underground now. Fingers crossed for something funky.

Browning
27-04-2016, 07:26 PM
After comparing the stats, Muk is back (:cool:) and Hariyama is gone. A fighting type would have been nice for the Elite 4, no doubt, but his stats are piss poor. High attack and shite everything else. If he got there, Mega Metagross would outspeed him and Zen Headbutt him to oblivion.

It does mean Sandslash will be getting focused on for some grinding at some point, though maybe not until Victory Road. Those twins with Plusle and Minun near Slateport have levelled up loads and are very nice for him.

Dan
27-04-2016, 08:06 PM
After comparing the stats, Muk is back (:cool:) and Hariyama is gone. A fighting type would have been nice for the Elite 4, no doubt, but his stats are piss poor. High attack and shite everything else. If he got there, Mega Metagross would outspeed him and Zen Headbutt him to oblivion.

It does mean Sandslash will be getting focused on for some grinding at some point, though maybe not until Victory Road. Those twins with Plusle and Minun near Slateport have levelled up loads and are very nice for him.

You realise poison is also weak to psychic, right?

But yeah, Muk :cool:

---

I've been making slow progress on Blaze Black, but i've just picked up my second badge. The main thing I've discovered so far is that Technician Kricketune is fucking disgusting. It basically just OHKO's everything with Bug Bite. Can't wait for it to learn SD :drool:

Current team is:

Dewott, lv24 - Karate Chop, Razor Shell, Water Gun, Focus Energy
Kricketune, lv24 - Cut, Bug Bite, Leech Life, Fury Cutter
Nidorino, lv20 - Poison Sting, Peck, Double Kick, Lovely Kiss
Butterfree, lv17 - Air Cutter, Struggle Bug, Confusion, Sleep Powder
Geodude, lv17 - Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rock Polish, Mud Sport
Houndour, lv16 - Ember, Bite, Howl, Roar

Despite gridning a bit before the first gym I think I'm already in need of another grinding session as we're starting to lag behind again. Nidorino is average until I find a Moon Stone & a few good TMs, Houndour pretty useless now but could hopefully become good later just there as I had nothing else that fit better :D

Browning
27-04-2016, 09:18 PM
I do, but so is Fighting, and Muk has far better defenses. I doubt either of them could take it, but Muk has a better chance. I don't intend to use him for that fight, but we'll see how it goes.

Dan
27-04-2016, 09:43 PM
I've just remembered one of the moves that Mega Metagross has. You'll need Mega Banette for sure.

Browning
27-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Yea, I was leaning towards Banette for that fight. I've already taught him Will O Wisp in preparation. I don't know if I dare use it on Metagross and give him an extra turn though.... :lol:

Pleb
27-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Is it worth getting a Drifloon after I batter Team Galactic or wait?

I'm also tempted to get Vespiqueen(sp?)

P_3
28-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Is it worth getting a Drifloon after I batter Team Galactic or wait?

I'm also tempted to get Vespiqueen(sp?)
Up to you. Probably won't need it if you are trying for a Crobat. Both can learn Fly, I'm sure. Vespiqueen you could give a miss.

Browning
28-04-2016, 07:20 PM
Gym 7 was an absolute piece of piss, which makes me sad. It used to be challenging, I swear. Mega Gyarados Crunched through one of them and Magnezone's Flash Cannon killed the other before they even moved.

Magnezone- 47 (Flash Cannon, Charge Beam, Discharge, Tri Attack)
Gyarados (Mega_) 46 (Aqua Tail, Ice Fang, Crunch, Stone Edge)
Banette (Mega)- 46 (Sucker Punch, Hex, Will-O-Wisp, Shadow Claw) but I want to replace Hex with Dazzling Gleam soon just to have a fairy move.
Sandslash- 45 (Swords Dance, Magnitude, Slash, Dig)
Muk- 45 (Sludge Wave, Gunk Show, Dig, Power-Up Punch)
Slaking- 44 (Power-Up Punch, Slash, Rock Tomb, Feint Attack)

Edit- Although.... Hex doubles in power after Will-O-Wisp.... 130 base power makes me tempted to keep it. That's annoying. I guess I'll remove Will-O-Wisp for now as I can use that later by TM again.

P_3
28-04-2016, 07:51 PM
To be fair, you might not need Banette for Steven. Your Gyarados could do the job just fine. Immune to Psychic, resists Steel. Easy.

Dan
28-04-2016, 07:54 PM
I'll spoiler this just to be safe, but there's one thing Banette has going over Gyarados.

It's immune to Hyper Beam

Browning
28-04-2016, 08:08 PM
"Mega Evolution? Did you think you were the only one who could use it? Let me show you the real power of my team...."

Doesn't Mega Evolve.

Magnezone tore Wallace a new arsehole and that's the 8th badge collected with no issues whatsoever. Obvious Earthquaker was obvious and a Switch to Gyarados prevented that, but Magnezone came back to OHKO the rest.

I'll be honest, I'm not particularly worried about Metagross. Sandslash has the type advantage and Earthquake... Bannette has a type advantage and if I mega him will be a good match.... Gyarados, as P3 says, has an advantage too if I mega and can probably put up a fight even if I don't.... and then there's Magnezone who resists all 4 of his moves if I'm correct. Maybe I'm wrong to be confident... but it feels like that team is designed to take him down (and that's ignoring Slaking with Power Up Punch).

Browning
29-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Despite being grossly over levelled, that Avalugg gave my Steelix some serious problems. He got very fucking lucky with me being confused from the previous mon and hitting myself twice, and then Iron Tail missing twice... but it meant he has Cursed non-stop and was able to get maxed out attack and defense. I was dead in the water if I kept hitting him with, now, weak Iron Tails and doubling the power of Avalanche. In the end I used 3 X-Attacks and 3 X-Defends (all I had) and then an X Accuracy, and then twatted the cunt.

Team after 8 Gyms:
Steelix- 74
Tentacruel- 65
Amoonguss- 60
Tyranitar- 58 (With Tyranitarite)
Avalugg- 58

And currently my fodder mon is Ditto 49.

Steelix is very much the king of this game. We owe everything to him if we get to the end.

Jesus, what's with the massive level differences between X and Y and ORAS? My highest in ORAS is 54 and most are still high 40s, and that's at the same point of the game.

Dan
29-04-2016, 09:28 PM
I think they do seem to have got better at not handing you all 8 badges before hitting lv50 then making you grind forever if you want to get anything near lv100.

Zygarde is being given away through Myster Gift at the minute - select the 'Get via Internet' option.

Browning
29-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Nice, I'll get that now. Did you get your Hoopa?

Browning
29-04-2016, 10:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cR4ADXBkII

This has to happen.

Dan
29-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I got a Hoopa the first time it came round. Too lazy to capitalise fully & get one on every game though :D

There's a shiny Yveltal distribution in Spain at the minute, so hopefully we'll get that soon as well. Think the May legendary is Darkrai, with the code coming from GAME stores,

Browning
29-04-2016, 11:13 PM
Oh please don't make going to GAME a thing again.

If I have to go to GAME when Keldeo comes around I'll riot.

five time
30-04-2016, 04:01 PM
How does it work exactly? Think I'd cringe myself to death having to wander into a game store as a twenty-something and ask them for my free pokemon.

Dan
30-04-2016, 06:43 PM
That's pretty much exactly what you have to do.

Luckily one of the managers at our GAME runs a Pokemon evening every week & walks around with a Charizard card in his lanyard so we're okay here :D

Browning
30-04-2016, 09:06 PM
I'm in an awkward position where I feel I need to grind to get through Victory Road, but I really can't be bothered.

In the end, I didn't bother, and we made it through with relatively little fuss. I was worried about Mega Gallade but non-Mega Gyarados (I wasn't risking the Dark typing) took care of it after he lowered his own defenses with Close Combat and couldn't take a Waterfall. I now will need to grind though... there's no way I'm going in with half my team being sub-50.

Browning
03-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Legendary Birds with hidden abilities are being distributed via the Pokemon Newsletter, having previously been given out at Smyths Toys.

Sam
03-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Finally got to the end of Pokémon Omega Ruby Wonderlocke yesterday.

Went into the Elite Four by pure retarded accident (wasn't paying attention and just talked/walked my way through to start it). Had a team of,

Greninja
Simipour
Dragonaire
Grumpig
Talonflame
Donphan

It's worth noting that Talonflame was level 36. I was in the process of levelling him up in Victory Road before going on my mission of idiocy. But that's beside the point.

Sidney - I opened up with Donphan, taking out his Mightyena with ease before (retardedly) switching to Grumpig on Shiftry (no idea why I thought this was good) where he promptly got one shot by a Feint Attack. One 'mon down before I'd even begun, went balls out on the rest wiping them between Donphan's Earthquake and Simipour's Acrobatics to eliminate the grass types. 1 death, 5 'mons remain.

Phoebe - Straight up fight, switched it up to Greninja and wiped the lot with a combination of Hydro Pump and Surf. 1 death, 5 'mons remain.

Glacia - Started so well but Donphan got rushed out, proceeded to clear house with Earthquake outspeeding everything, Until disaster struck. Got outsped by the final Froslass who landed a Confuse Ray, rather then sub out for Simipour, I chanced my arm that another Earthquake would hit. It didn't and Froslass one-shot Donphan. An utterly frustrating mistake to make. 2 deaths, 4 'mon's remain.

Drake - Down to the 3 useful pokemon (Dragonaire, Greninja, Simipour), things weren't going to be so easy. I ethered up all the important moves before the fight with both Greninja and Simipour being the reliable and having Talonflame ready to be heal fodder should the occasion arise. Altaria was up against Dragonaire first and a Dragon Rush soon saw him off, figuring I could potentially outspeed I led with Dragonaire against Salamence. This failed. Dragonaire ate dirt and a sneaky Dragon Rush from Salamence saw him bite the dust. Another one down and we are left with just two. I switched into Greninja and changed his typing to Psychic, abused Extrasensory and Hyper Potions to grind Salamence down and then proceeded to drop the first Flygon with Hydro Pump before switching into Simipour to give him a run out, figuring a well timed Scald would see Flygon off and give me some time to recouperate Greninja. Flygon dropped an Earthquake, critical hit, Simipour was dead. Unbelievable, down to 1 useful pokemon. Greninja was back in and soon dealt with Flygon and Kingdra. 4 deaths, 2 mons' remain.

Steven (Champion) - I had one useful pokemon (Greninja) left and one fodder (Talonflame). I healed Greninja up and prepared for battle, expecting death but hoping for better. Opening up against Skarmory I led with a Surf, taking him down to 30%, easy enough to finish him off, however, he landed a Spikes, ugh. I had to stick with Greninja until the moment was right, luckily, I held type advantage over Armando and promptly one shot him with a Hydro Pump. Cradily was switched in and I again switched type to Psychic and grind him down eventually to drop him with a lucky crit, not before Giga Drain left me sitting at a measly 50 HP. He switched in Aggron and predicting that it *might* have sturdy, meaning it would get a hit off, I knew it was time to use my fodder. Talonflame was in and used to buy myself some time to fully heal up Greninja. Talonflame was killed, down to the last monster. Greninja comes back into the frame, I drop a Hydro Pump.... Sturdy, fuck. Aggron drops a Stone Edge, takes me down to half life, I hydro pump to finish him off. Claydol is next into the firing line, I gambled my arm that he'd go for a defensive move and used it to heal up Greninja. He did so and I then one shot him with a Hydro Pump crit to setup the final showdown with Metagross.

With it all to lose from here I opened with a Hydro Pump, but Metagross took the lead, evolving into Mega-Metagross and promptly hitting me with a Giga Impact taking me down to 10 HP. Hydro Pump hit and took him down to around 40%. Giga Impact obviously taking one turn to recover from meant I had time to heal or go for a Surf to finish him off. Problem was that I was all out of Hydro Pumps and Surf would not do near enough damage to kill him leaving me hopelessly open for death. I chanced my arm and hit Greninja with a ether and then on the next turn dropped the Hydro Pump hoping that the mega 'transform' was the only reason Metagross was able to go first, and it indeed proved to be the case as Metagross bit the dust. Victory!

Out of the team we took in, only one survived. Greninja at level 61. What an absolute boss, and my god, how overpowered Protean is...

Apparently there is some after game content on this? Least that's what the cinematic said. Shall not be treating that as a Wonderlocke form however. Might look out for a copy of Pokémon X/Y as I thoroughly enjoyed this playthrough.

Pleb
07-05-2016, 11:33 AM
I took an absolute shafting against Gardenia which meant I've lost Luxio, Prinpup and Shellos in one full swoop :moop: :nono:

Luckily I have a lv10 Shinx in my box so I could put the Exp Share on him if I need to. Staravia, Geodude and Zubat are my only survivors at the moment and the next gym is a Ghost/Physic. I'm fucked.

Browning
07-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Finally went for the Elite 4 after deciding I couldn't be fucked to grind, at all.

Levels range from 45-55 with the 2 Megas being at 51 and 49. Would it be enough?

I used my 3 Rare Candies on Gyarados getting him to 54. Looking at the types he could maybe Solo this... so I'd start with him in every fight.

Gyarados smashed through the first 3 Pokemon but Cacturne getting off a Leech Seed made it tough for him to keep going. We switched to Magnezone (our highest level) to take out Sharpedo and he struggled a little against Absol who got constant Crits but he saw him off for an easy win.

Gyarados got OHKOs on every ghost with Crunch.

The Ice bitch got some serious luck against me with Blizzard freezing me THREE TIMES IN A ROW despite me healing it each time, and Stone Edge missing twice in a row against her final Glalie who could hit Super Effective Freeze Drys, but there was no real danger and she went down with ease. The only pokemon to survive Stone Edge when it hit was Walrein.

Dragon guy next so we'd try and Ice Fang through them all. Salamence took an Ice Fang and caused some issues with Dragon Rush but not too much. Kingdra was the only one to throw a spanner in the works but a couple of Stone Edge's took him down.

With the dragon guy down I deleted Ice Fang to teach Earthquake. I can always get it back later with a Heart Scale if needed. As much as I'd want to Mega Evolve Banette in this fight, it's not happening.

Here we go.... pressure is on. Skarmory was a bit of a dick and him hitting Toxic meant I had to heal it up when I could have killed him. Steven healed too and Skarmory was able to set up Spikes but it died to a critical Waterfall. Armaldo took a Waterfall and hit a massive X-Scissor but it only did about half out health. I had to heal as Cradily came out and then hitting myself in confusion and he got in a Giga Drain. When that happened again I took the risk of switching to Slaking. PUP did less than I wanted and he confused me... of course. a Critical Hit Giga Drain put us in the red so I had to heal up. The cunt got a 2nd Crit and was basically up to full health and PUP only did about 30%. This was not fun. PUP this time did about 60% but of course he confused me again. I risked not healing and of course Slaking hit himself.... doing a HUGE amount and then died to Giga Drain. Fuck sake. I then did what I should have done in the first place.... sent in Magnezone to kill that prick. I couldn't leave him out against Aggron so I sent in Sandslash who killed Aggron with 2 Earthquakes. Claydol coming in was time to go back to Gyarados. Claydol managed to get in a Reflect which could be a pain in the arse for Metagross but went down to Crunch. Crunch on Metagross did about 30% if that and Giga Impact nearly killed me. He'd have to recharge so I'd try Earthquake. It did roughly the same but the Reflect wore off. Do I risk going for it? I couldn't and I used a Full Restore. Giga Impact did about 51% of my health so if not for the recharge I'd be banking again on being faster and getting the kill. As it was he had to recharge and Earthquake killed him. Gyarados. :cool:

Browning
08-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Yep, I'll definitely be using the duplicates clause on Diamond. I have a fear that all I'll see is Bidoofs. Started with a Chimchar, obviously.

EDIT: Beat Roark thanks to my Rock Smashing Geodude, three levels weaker than his best Pokemon. Decided against Dupes Clause, as I've been really lucky thus far, although Shinx eludes me.

Lv15 Budew - Mega Drain, Absorb, Growth, Stun Spore
Lv13 Chimchar - Ember, Scratch, Leer, Taunt
Lv12 Geodude - Rock Throw, Rock Smash, Tackle, Defense Curl
Lv12 Abra - Hidden Power (Ice), Teleport :cool:
Lv6 Zubat - Leech Life, Supersonic
Lv6 Bidoof - Tackle, Growl

Started on this now too, and just beat Roark too. No dupes clause for me either. I was lucky enough to bad a Shinx but it died to a Critical Hit quick attack from a Starly that did a ridiculous amount. Crits really do seem way too common in Platinum (which is the one I'm playing over Diamond as never done it before) which I seem to remember always being the case. Gutted, but we move on.

I actually thought the cave would be longer and expecting a bunch of Rock Types, I used Rock Smash on Bidoof. This made him my best option against the first gym, but once he wiped out the 2 other trainers in the gym he was only one level off evolving, so we got him there, and he crushed them all with Water Gun.

Bibarel- 16 (Water Gun, Rollout, Defense Curl, Rock Smash)
Kricketune- 12 (Growl, Bide, Fury Cutter)
Starly- 12 (Quick Attack, Tackle, Growl, Wing Attack)
Geodude- 12 (Tackle, Defense Curl, Rock Polish, Rock Throw)

Pleb
08-05-2016, 11:33 PM
I didn't think Kricketune was that good. A Bibarel would probably clean house for you (and me if I can find one :/).

I'm still seething over losing Prinpup to Gardenia. Losing Luxio and Shellos is probably just a bit bareable. I got to hope and pray to god that I don't lose this Zubat.

Browning
08-05-2016, 11:51 PM
I don't know if he is, but mine has a Metronome (which supposedly they have a 5% chance of holding). If you use the same move over and over it gets a 10% power boost the 2nd time, and then 20% the 3rd time etc up to 100% power boost... that with Fury Cutter is working quite nicely.

I've just added Shellos, so it's tempting to put him in over Bibarel. Previously I was tempted to nab myself a Gyarados, but having just used him, I resisted the temptation. It seems a shame to kick out my highest level, but Bibarel really isn't suited to being a decent water type, and the ground typing eliminates the electric weakness.

Browning
09-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Whoever posted about the boss at the windworks wasn't kidding. Where did that thing come from? No deaths but I had to swap to just about everyone.

Gardenia was dealt with easily enough. Sing missed 3 times in a row letting her set up Reflect, Sunny Day and hit a shit Razor Leaf with Turtwig but eventually I put it to sleep. It took me 3-4 Fury Cutters to kill it thanks to Reflect and her using a Super Potion but eventually it went down. This then meant Fury Cutter was ridiculously powerful and enough to one shot Cherrim and Roserade, thought Roserade did out speed me to hit Grass Knot but Kricketune ended the fight with 27/69 HP after taking those 2 moves.

2 Badges:
Kricketune- 23 (Sing, Bide, Fury Cutter, Leech Life)
Staravia- 21 (Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Double Team, Endeavor)
Geodude- 20 (Tackle, Defense Curl, Magnitude, Rock Throw)
Shellos- 19 (Hidden Power (Fighting), Harden, Water Pulse, Mud Bomb)
Chingling- 18 (Confusion, Astonish, Uproar, Growl)
Bibarel- 16 (No changes)

Bit annoyed I could have had a Budew but that cunt with a Chansey killed it before I could catch it. Oh well.

Fuck sake, Chingling is dead due to utter bullshit. I wanted to use my weakest move so I went for Uproar as the Meditites in this area tended to survive on 1HP to my Astonish and I didn't want to risk Bide killing him. I didn't realise I'd get tied into Uproar with no option to switch Pokemon or moves ever. I probably should have known that but didn't and of course he Bided at the perfect time and then survived 2 uproars on 1HP and killed me.

Chingling has been replaced... by an Alakazam that only knows Grass Knot. :D

Just looked up the Pokemon I had already beat in the Galactic hideout as I wanted to remember what their highest level was. Kadabra in there is 5 levels higher on Platinum than Diamond/Pearl and the bosses 2 Pokemon are each 3 levels higher. Suddenly I'm glad I've done a bit of grinding...

Pleb
09-05-2016, 09:35 PM
...yeah there was a bit of rage quitting last night due to that lv 20 Kadabra. I may have to go on a grinding session.

I lost Staravia to a Meditate by the way :moop:

Browning
09-05-2016, 09:43 PM
I coped with it thanks to Kricketune, but I'd have been fucked otherwise.

The Ghost gym is down but it was fucking rough. Having no moves that beat Ghost I reached for my Thief TM and taught it to Staravia. He became the lead mon and beat up all the trainers in the Gym, and there are plenty in there. The Misdreavus in there gave him issues, but otherwise he coasted through. The comes the gym leader. Duskull proved no threat at all but crucially he used Will-O-Wisp which turned the match against me. Lowering my attack meant I was no longer capable of one/two shotting these ghosts with Thief and I had nothing to heal the burn with. Haunter stuck around for fucking ages thanks to using Confuse Ray and getting lucky with my hitting myself + burn making me heal a lot. Crucially though the only attacking move he went for was Sucker Punch so after a while I just started to use Double Team to make that fail. It still took me plenty of shots to kill him thanks to the burn and her super potioning him. Then in came Mismagious who had me on the back foot. Psybeam + Burn almost killed me so I had to heal, then Psybeam + Burn almost killed me again causing me to heal. I thought I was done but FINALLY the game remembered all the Double Teams I'd used and Psybeam started to miss. She switched to Magical Leaf which was much less danger and eventually we Aerial Aced it to death after we ran out of Thief PP. Thought we were going to lose someone and if not for me stocking up on Super Potion, we would have.

Staravia- 29
Kricketune- 25
Golem- 25
Alakazam- 25
Ponyta- 25
Shellos- 24

P_3
10-05-2016, 09:20 AM
I've been running for ages since the 2nd gym. Just reached a town which might have a gym, but not before losing Golbat to an Ace couple with a Thrashing Gyarados.

Browning
10-05-2016, 09:23 AM
I don't recall seeing a Gyarados at all? Where was that?

I've bagged a Roselia just before turning off last night which would require a fair amount of grinding but I'm considering if he's worth it. Kricketune seems to have reached the end of his usefulness seeing as Sing misses so much and Fury Cutter needs 3 turns to be strong.... and Golem has a million weaknesses... so we'll see which one gets the boot if he comes in.

P_3
10-05-2016, 11:35 AM
I'm on Diamond and the Ghost gym opens up later apparently. So I'm a few towns ahead of you. There was an annoying Ace couple blocking my entrance to some big ass town on route 115, not sure if you will have them on Platinum.

Tubes
10-05-2016, 12:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn25hijDL7c

Looks like Sun and Moon will be set in Hawaii. The graphics look outrageously good and I like the look of the fire and water starters, and a grass owl is interesting so we'll have to see how the evolutions come out. The fire starter looks to have a sinister side.

Browning
10-05-2016, 12:21 PM
I'm stuck with Grass having already drawn it out randomly with the people I'm blind Nuzlocking with, but not too disappointed by that. It's a fucking owl!

If the start of the game is anything like old games he should don it, as it's usually Bug/Rock heavy and he has the added Flying type. Happy with that. It'll be nice to use a starter for once without the risk of it making the game too easy as I'll be totally blind to what is coming and what half the Pokemon are. Even playing Platinum has made me realise there's not much point in Nuzlocking with a starter as they crush everything (unless, you know, you use your Piplup in the grass gym...).

P_3
10-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Those look naff as fuck.

Tubes
10-05-2016, 12:24 PM
An owl with a leaf bowtie!

Browning
10-05-2016, 12:29 PM
The water one looks really familiar, like I'd believe you if you said it was a fan made Pokemon that's been floating around for years. Probably isn't anything like that... but it just has that look about it.

Fire looks really quite generic.

Tubes
10-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Do we think the region will feature smaller islands alongside the one in the trailer?

Browning
10-05-2016, 12:49 PM
Why is Pyroar a legendary now?

I'm sure there's a cartoon cat that's a bit of a cunt and looks like Litten, but I can't place it. Anyone?

Searching for a Lucky Egg really is dull.... was so much easier in ORAS.

Sam
10-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Rowlet looks boss, Litten is pretty much nailed on to be a dark/fire type, Pipplio looks derpy if anything.

Looks good though, based in Hawaii as well.

Browning
10-05-2016, 03:06 PM
13 Chanseys later (keep in mind they have a 5% encounter rate) I have my Lucky Egg. That seemed to take forever.

Solaceon Ruins must be the most boring cave/dungeon thing in the history of these games.

Dan
10-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Not all that fussed by any of the new pokemon, although the region & game in general does look very good.

Everything basically just looks like existing pokemon have been mashed together & made the appropriate colour - without even really trying I have them as Hoothoot/Piplup, Purrloin/Glameow, Seel/Rattata, Pyroar/Entei & Yveltal/Lunatone. Hopefully the evolutions & other new pokemon look a bit more distinct.

I'll inevitably be there at the midnight release though.

Browning
10-05-2016, 07:34 PM
RIP Roselia. Died in the dumbest way. I literally noted the Scyther I was battling had Pursuit so I shouldn't switch but then a mate messaged me on Facebook and I got distracted and switched, half a second later realising what was coming.

On the plus side, I caught the cunt, and he has technician... so.... every cloud.

That fighting bitch put up more of a fight than I expected. Staravia was soloing the gym with ease and evolved right before the leader battle so I figured it would be a walk in the park. Her first mon was a OHKO but Machoke survived Aerial Ace on red health and hit Rock Tomb. It was a heart in the mouth moment but Staraptor survived on yellow health. His speed went down though. Was I still faster? In the end I chanced it and killed Machoke. Then in came Lucario. I had to heal and he used Force Palm which did way more than I expected. Aerial Ace did not much and Drain Punch did a fair bit and resotd her health. In the end I switched to Gastrodon who took a Drain Punch, and then another before firing back with Mud Bomb. I had to heal there giving her 2 more Drain Punches to restore back into Green health but it didn't matter as the 2nd Mud bomb ended the match. Using 2 healing items is better than the crap I did to get through the Ghost gym, I guess.

Staraptor- 34 (Aerial Ace, Take Down, Close Combat, Thief)
Alakazam- 31 (Grass Knot, Focus Blast, Psybeam, Reflect)
Gastrodon- 31 (Water Pulse, Blizzard, Mud Bomb, Hidden Power (Fighting))
Ponyta- 30 (Flame Wheel, Stomp, Ember, Take Down)
Golem- 29 (Rollout, Defense Curl, Magnitude, Rock Throw)
Scizor- 24 (Wing Attack, Pursuit, False Swipe, Metal Claw)

Lot of catching up to do from Scizor. Bit annoying that having lost Roselia I now don't have anything to really combat water. Grass Knot on Alakazam is as good as it gets on that front.

The route right under the town seems to be the ultimate Scizor grinding heaven. A route full of Graveller and Rhyhorn who are giving out decent EXP as we ruin them with Metal Claw. In no time at all he's Level 30. I wonder if this was accessible before the gym as he probably could have played a role with Technician Wing Attack.

So yea, Scizor is pretty fucking great, but we will never forget he murdered Roselia.

Browning
10-05-2016, 11:11 PM
Supposedly the starters starting moves are Ember, Water Gun and...... Leafage. :cool:

5th Gym is down and again it wasn't much fun. Typically it was water after I just said we have nothing to use against that. Alakazam put his Gyarados on 1HP with Psychic and of course the cunt hit back with Bite, putting us on low yellow. He healed and Psychic left him on slightly more but still red health a 2nd time... and then killed him on turn 3.

In came Floatzel and fearing Aqua Jet I healed up and the fucker used Crunch. Crunch?!?! Alakazam took it but he was on very low red health. There was no point healing but I also couldn't stay in because he'd likely use Aqua Jet. I switched in Staraptor to cut his attack and then we traded Brine/Aerial Ace which left me much worse for wear and him still looking fine. Predicting another Brine I switched in Gastrodon who took it. I healed Alakazam and then hit Mud Bomb which almost killed him. Another Mud Bomb finished him off. Then when Quagsire came in and was W4 to grass it was a simple decision to put Alakazam back in... thankfully there were no more dark moves to worry about the a Grass Knot ended it.

Alakazam- 44
Scizor- 36
Gastrodon- 35
Staraptor- 35
Golem- 35
Ponyta- 34

Sam
12-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Caught my first ever shiny. Exploring around Meteor Falls and a shiny Swablu appears. Buzzing.

Browning
12-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Nice one. I got a Shiny Ekans within about half an hour of buying Soul Silver, and had a few on Pokemon Silver back in the day, but can't remember finding any others. I'm shocked I've not found even one on all these Nuzlockes especially with all the grinding I've done.

Speaking of which... the Iron Islands are fucking brilliant for levelling up. My Gastrodon is going to be a beast by the time I get to the Steel gym.

As predicted, the Steel Gym was a piece of piss as Gastrodon was over levelled like hell from the Iron Islands. Rapidash was allowed to beat us the lesser trainers to catch up and did so with ease. Gastrodon then one shotted every gym leader Pokemon, 2 with Earthquake and 1 with Surf.

Gastrodon- 48
Rapidash- 46
Alakazam- 44
Scizor- 40
Staraptor- 39
Golem- 39

Ice next isn't it? Rapidash. :cool:

Pleb
13-05-2016, 09:17 PM
I'm tempted to sack this Platinum nuzlocke for a normal arse normal game on White as I haven't played it in yonks and my past self fucked me right over with a shite subpar lv40team heading into the Elite Four :D

I've restarted the game by the way. Forgot what the fire pig was called so he's my starter :baz: I may bin him from my squad once I get my first mon.

Dan
18-05-2016, 03:42 PM
I've lost to Burgh five times in a row on my Blaze Black game :D

Masquerain has burnt me with every single Scald, and I've missed crucial moves in at least two of those battles. I'm fucking salty right now :mad:

Sam
21-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Horde hunting in Sky Pillar for a shiny Ariados. Managed to level my Greninja to 100 off it. No shiny yet, ugh.

Dan
21-05-2016, 04:39 PM
Any particular reason you're looking for a shiny Ariados?

I beat Burgh at the seventh attempt :D Gained about six levels in the process so it's actually worked out quite well as a grinding spot. I'll absolutely destroy Elesa & her electric Pokemon since I have a Graveller & a Nidoking that both also know rock moves for the Emolga.

Sam
24-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Because it was cool, simply nothing more then that. Speaking of which, I now have a shiny Corphish. This shiny hunting is damn addictive.

Dan
24-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Do you watch aDrive? He's the main shiny hunter I've heard of, although he does seem to have expanded into LP's & the GBA in the last year or so.

I'm four gyms down on Blaze Black, and on the way to Driftveil City, home of the greatest city theme in Pokemon history (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc_0wfIuuzw). Current team is:

Golem, 39 - Bulldoze, Smack Down, Rock Blast, Rock Polish
Samurott, 38 - Aqua Jet, Razor Shell, Water Pulse, Sacred Sword
Nidoking, 37 - Dig, Smack Down, Thief, Incinerate
Houndoom, 37 - Fire Fang, Faint Attack, Flame Charge, Howl
Kricketune, 36 - Bug Bite, Leech Life, Cut, Slash
Butterfree, 33 - Struggle Bug, Air Slash, Psybeam, Sleep Powder

ItalAussie
24-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Is shiny hunting a plausible thing these days?

P_3
24-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Much more fun when they pop out of the grass as you play through the game normally.

Dan
24-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Is shiny hunting a plausible thing these days?

Yeah, ORAS in particular has made it a piece of piss as you can use one of the features on the DexNav to select a specific Pokemon on a route to look for, and it will tell you where the nearest one is. Then you just keep doing that & as you get more consecutive encounters with the same Pokemon you get a higher chance of getting things like special egg moves & hidden abilities. I don't know for sure, but I assume shiny hunting uses the same method.

Still don't think I've ever come across a shiny Pokemon in game outside of scripted/gifted ones.

ItalAussie
25-05-2016, 11:04 AM
I got a shiny Tentacool, Zubat and Stantler in my first Crystal playthrough.

Not exactly the toppest of quality shinies, but they are what they are.

Sam
26-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Do you watch aDrive? He's the main shiny hunter I've heard of, although he does seem to have expanded into LP's & the GBA in the last year or so.

I'm four gyms down on Blaze Black, and on the way to Driftveil City, home of the greatest city theme in Pokemon history (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc_0wfIuuzw). Current team is:

Golem, 39 - Bulldoze, Smack Down, Rock Blast, Rock Polish
Samurott, 38 - Aqua Jet, Razor Shell, Water Pulse, Sacred Sword
Nidoking, 37 - Dig, Smack Down, Thief, Incinerate
Houndoom, 37 - Fire Fang, Faint Attack, Flame Charge, Howl
Kricketune, 36 - Bug Bite, Leech Life, Cut, Slash
Butterfree, 33 - Struggle Bug, Air Slash, Psybeam, Sleep Powder

Never really watch anyone till you mentioned, checked it, pretty cool. Corphish is now a Crawdaunt, the shiny version of which is disappointing. Shiny Altaria makes up for everything though, it generally looks awesome.

I've figured out the Eon Flute on Ruby at last and ended up finding a crap ton of things that I had no idea was there. I must say, going into this totally blind has been fantastic, I've already clocked up 68 hours of game time :D.

Sam
26-05-2016, 05:06 PM
To 'shiny hunt' I just usually use the Sweet Scent and gather a horde, which I then kill.

Dan
26-05-2016, 10:00 PM
I've never really watched aDrive, or any other shiny hunters for that matter, but I've come across him through other YouTubers I watch & through his participation in the GBA the last few seasons.

Shiny Mega Altaria is fucking gorgeous. One of my favourite shinies, I think. Hydrogen is another great shiny that springs to mind.

Sam
27-05-2016, 12:04 PM
I've never really watched aDrive, or any other shiny hunters for that matter, but I've come across him through other YouTubers I watch & through his participation in the GBA the last few seasons.

Shiny Mega Altaria is fucking gorgeous. One of my favourite shinies, I think. Hydrogen is another great shiny that springs to mind.

Altaria can go Mega? Where the hell do I get this? The thing is level 83 now and I no idea it has a mega evolution.

Browning
27-05-2016, 01:09 PM
Go to the fan club in Lillycove and talk to the guy who asks you which Pokemon that contest girl uses.

Sam
27-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Shiny Shuppet now found after about 200 hordes. :happycry:

Browning
27-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Gengar is clearly the best shiny.

Sam
01-06-2016, 05:10 PM
Gengar is clearly the best shiny.

Indeed.

Up to four now. Altaria, Crawdaunt, Banette and..... Dewgong.

Fucking shit shiny, Dewgong. Absolute horse shit, looks exactly the same, would have missed the Seel if it didn't twinkle.

Browning
01-06-2016, 08:23 PM
That's the same with Gengar. Those ones are fucking shit.

Pleb
01-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Pikachu's name is being changed :cab:

Dan
01-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Only going to affect people in Chinese speaking areas, i believe. From what I understand they're using the Mandarin Chinese name in Sun & Moon rather than the Cantonese. Still pretty harsh to wipe out an entire language from the game as if nobody speaks it anymore.

It's apparently going to affect about 100 Pokemon, but obviously Pikachu is the headliner.

Dan
02-06-2016, 06:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW14HO7C1Dg

Names, typing, abilities & signature moves revealed for the box legendaries, as well as more bits about the Alola region & the people in it. Oh, and there's also a new Rotom form. Sort of...

Browning
02-06-2016, 09:52 PM
The Rotom Dex thing sounds unnecessary, but at least it can be turned off.

Dan
02-06-2016, 11:55 PM
RotomDex will either be brilliant or terrible, and I can't decide which one.

I've generally been a fan of the changes they've made to the PokeDex/PokeNav over the last few generations, so I'm willing to believe this will be a continuation of that progression, but at the same time I can imagine it being a shit gimmick. Fingers crossed it's the former.

Dan
14-06-2016, 05:57 PM
We've had another five new pokemon revealed in the last week or two, as well as a few more details that have come from E3 today.

Nothing super interesting, other than a few new abilities, a new battle mode (Wifi only, I believe) & a few changes to the battle screen. Full details at Serebii as usual. (http://serebii.net/news/2016/14-June-2016.shtml)

Browning
14-06-2016, 06:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgCri5i5VFI

:drool:

ItalAussie
15-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Someone pointed out that the new normal-type looks like Draco Malfoy, and now I can't unsee it.

Byron
17-06-2016, 05:05 AM
Fuck :D

Dan
30-06-2016, 06:54 PM
Looks like there's been a leak of a video that reveals a load of new pokemon... (http://serebii.net/news/2016/30-June-2016.shtml)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTt65qAkR84

They mostly look like they'll be rubbish, although 'Tapu Koko' looks pretty awesome. 'Bruxish' is rather special too. I hope 'Drampa' is a portmanteau of dragon & grampa, because it sure looks that way :D

Also, there's a Shaymin event now.

EDIT: English trailer has been put out now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE2NJjuQc3A

Browning
01-07-2016, 05:37 PM
I'm not watching the video as it would tarnish my blind Nuzlocke to know too much, but I'm told there's a Pokemon called Cutiefly. If that's true they need to stop now. Otherwise next gen our starters will be Parmander, Lirtle or Fulbasaur.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Downloaded Pokemon Go, caught Charmander and then realised I have to physically fucking move to walk in game.

Fuck you game.

Pleb
06-07-2016, 04:15 PM
:D

P_3
06-07-2016, 06:54 PM
How have you got it? It isn't out in Europe yet.

Looking forward to this. I live on the coast, so I'm going to get myself a Gyarados as soon as possible. :drool:

Byron
06-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Downloaded Pokemon Go, caught Charmander and then realised I have to physically fucking move to walk in game.

Fuck you game.

That's probably the post that best sums you up.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-07-2016, 05:44 AM
How have you got it? It isn't out in Europe yet.

Looking forward to this. I live on the coast, so I'm going to get myself a Gyarados as soon as possible. :drool:
Google it and find links to apks. Does work for iPhones obviously.

That's probably the post that best sums you up.
It really does.

I've actually managed to catch like 6 Pokemon sat in my chair though.

I did attempt to catch a fucking zubat earlier and the fucker had me moving all around the room. Didn't even catch him as he kept pushing my balls away (lol).

SincereTheRebel
07-07-2016, 02:47 PM
Just heard about this. Its actual a good concept as long as its implement correctly. I will not be getting involved though but ill be interested to see if the rest of you have nerdgasms over the game.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-07-2016, 03:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vDzWQ6o.png

http://i.imgur.com/3GCPCjr.png

My car is water.

Dan
07-07-2016, 05:20 PM
They've announced another Pokemon. (http://www.serebii.net/news/2016/07-July-2016.shtml) I'll spoiler the info for Browning.

Poison/Fire type with a new ability called Corrosion that allows Salandit to poison steel & poison types. I've heard people say it's amazing, but to me it sounds kinda meh. Looks pretty cool though, and the typing is neat, 4x ground weakness aside.

Pleb
07-07-2016, 08:42 PM
Have we got any indication on what the gyms are for Sun/Moon yet?

Dan
07-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Don't think so, but going off the map I'm thinking fire & ice are pretty much nailed on, and I'd expect a rock/ground gym too. Not that any of those are particularly wild suggestions, mind :D

I'll go for poison, steel & dark and/or ghost as likely options too. Guess we could have the inevitable bug gym to start too, although I'd imagine a normal type gym could be a possibility. Then something like airy or water to round it out seems like an option.

1. Normal
2. Poison
3. Steel
4. Fire
5. Ground
6. Dark
7. Water
8. Ice

That's my guess.

Browning
07-07-2016, 10:00 PM
1 will be Rock because it usually is to be boring/easy.

There will be a Fairy and/or Dragon Gym.

Other than that who knows, and more to the point, why would you want to know?

Dan
07-07-2016, 10:07 PM
I suppose a grass gym is pretty likely considering it's Hawaii. Fairy & dragon are also both pretty plausible.

I don't know, basically. It's fun to speculate though.

Browning
07-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Yea, no problem with speculating, but if they confirmed them I wouldn't want to know, and couldn't understand anyone wanting to.

Mike
09-07-2016, 10:34 AM
There was a Bulbasaur in my kitchen :cool2:

Bernanke
09-07-2016, 03:56 PM
Pokemon Go is fucking amazing. :cool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-07-2016, 04:46 PM
It is.

It's also done more than Michelle Obama in about a day.

Gyms at the white house and pentagon too.

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-07-2016, 04:50 PM
Oh and Team Mystic all the fucking way.

Bernanke
09-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Oh and Team Mystic all the fucking way.

My man.

P_3
09-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Just watched a Pokemon Red four way race on GDQ. Winner done it in 1.54 and one of the guys took on Gary's Pidgeot with a Lv17 Oddish. That didn't end well but he still beat the target time. Pretty enjoyable run to watch. :cool:

Browning
09-07-2016, 10:13 PM
Did he just use Nidoking?

P_3
09-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Yep, they all did. Pretty much the perfect Pokemon for such a run.

Browning
09-07-2016, 11:11 PM
Yea, the consensus used to be Blastoise but it changed to Nidoking not long ago. I was wondering if anyone found anything better since then. Shame, I'd be interested to see someone do it another way, there must be one.

Baz
10-07-2016, 06:45 AM
Pokemon Go is gonna take over the world. Such a great concept.

Samadini
10-07-2016, 01:55 PM
If I use incense will stuff just appear in my house, or would I still need to walk around outside, just not as far?

My street is having a wanky street party, so can't leave my house at the moment.

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-07-2016, 02:12 PM
You'll still get Pokemon in your house.

The bad thing about this game is that I haven't been able to stop singing the them tune to myself for 4 days now.

Disco
10-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Corpse-achu uses Stench of Death.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36757858/pokemon-go-player-finds-dead-body-in-wyoming-river-while-searching-for-a-pokestop

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-07-2016, 12:41 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2016/07/10/pokemon-go-about-to-surpass-twitter-in-daily-active-users/#3be941f45174

Jesus.

five time
11-07-2016, 01:07 PM
I've been surprised at how many people around me seem to have the game. The gyms around here are fairly highly leveled and I've seen three or four people playing it as well.

ItalAussie
11-07-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm giving Go a miss. Lots of people wandering around the park outside my house though.

Browning
11-07-2016, 01:50 PM
I just took the plunge but I'm not really getting the attraction. I'll have to give it a proper go later. There's a gym at my local tesco I know that much. No real idea what I'm doing though.

Browning
11-07-2016, 04:03 PM
Just walked around my estate for a good 15-20 minutes and not one fucker even came up as "nearby". What a load of crap.

Baz
11-07-2016, 05:09 PM
It's early days.

P_3
11-07-2016, 05:27 PM
What's the coolest thing everyone has caught?

Bernanke
11-07-2016, 05:35 PM
Level 6 now and just had a go at my first gym. Got demolished by a 400 CP Hypno.

During my walk I caught a Beedrill who is currently my strongest at 199, and I was close to a Aerodactyl but I couldn't find the fucker.

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-07-2016, 06:00 PM
Last night I saw a squirtle 1 step away.

Changed out of my pyjamas and ran outside. I took 3 steps and it had fucked off :(

Samadini
11-07-2016, 06:10 PM
Caught a 320cp Slowbro on my way home.

Absolutely loads of people have it in Norwich.

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-07-2016, 06:37 PM
I saw two round here that I know we're playing it.

One was coming out of the town cemetery on his phone (gym and stop in there) and some dickhead hanging around the bottom of a street which has 3/4 stops.

I was driving a route round town today, 10 or so pokestops and they'd refresh by the time I got back to the first. It was glorious. Slow enough to count towards egg steps too.

Browning
11-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Had a Vileplume appear but couldn't find the cunt. Seems the only way I can really find anything where I live us to head towards the main road, which is fine to a point but I can't be bothered to navigate across a series of busy roads to hunt them.

Got absolutely nothing good so far. Is it worth levelling up the crap or should I save my points to evolve them?

Bernanke
11-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Don't do either until you're higher level, because I assume you're not fighting gyms yet. You will find duplicates of the ones you have but with a higher CP when you get a higher level, and should the transfer the ones with lower CPs so you only have one of each pokemon.

Save your resources until later when you have final evolutions that you know you want to put resources in.

Browning
11-07-2016, 08:30 PM
Yea, should have done that really. I caught a Pidgey that was like 45CP which was much higher than anything else I found, so I evolved him. Probably a waste, but oh well, there's a fuckton of Pidgey around.

From now on I won't spend anything until I catch something good. How do the battles work? Do type advantages matter?

Bernanke
11-07-2016, 08:39 PM
No idea really how they work, you tap the screen to attack and swipe or something to dodge, it's weird as hell. Type advantages matter, they use Gen 6 ones afaik.

Samadini
12-07-2016, 08:18 AM
Just took over my local gym with my 524 Slowbro :cool:

Kind of wish I'd powered it up a bit more before leaving him there.

ItalAussie
12-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Saw clumps of uni students on campus all day, looking at their phones. It was kind of funny, in fairness.

Browning
12-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Ital will break and join us soon. :drool:

Slowly getting some better Mons.... A 139 Raticate (I evolved it myself) and a 97 Venonat.

P_3
12-07-2016, 10:36 AM
The amount of seethe on show there will be in here once it launches in the UK and everybody's accounts get banned. :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-07-2016, 11:12 AM
False.

There's nothing wrong with using an apk unless it's a modified one.

Samadini
12-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Caught a Lickitung with Lick and Hyper Beam. :drool:

Going to be impossible to poewr up though, only one I've seen.

Browning
12-07-2016, 01:26 PM
There really is no way to convince an 18 month old to get into her pram because there's a Paras down the road. :D

leedsrevolution
12-07-2016, 01:35 PM
I have 233 Pidgeotto and I'm 7 candys away from evolving it to it's third state. I've just transferred every over Pokemon I got (apart from the Charmander I started with).

bruhnaldo
12-07-2016, 02:15 PM
pokemon go yaassssssss

Browning
12-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Caught a Zubat in Mount Tesco. It also had Shellder but the game crashed when I got Zubat. Oh well, it's one more for the collection.

Currently seen Paras, Oddish, Eevee and Vileplume around here without catching them.

Dan
12-07-2016, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry, but Pokemon Go looks fucking awful. Other than it being a good way to get kids outside & doing very light exercise while staring at their phones constantly I don't understand the appeal at all, especially for people who aren't already Pokemon fans - a girl I work with came in yesterday morning & proclaimed "I've caught a Ratta & a Centepi already!" :face:

Browning
12-07-2016, 06:37 PM
It does indeed. But it's fucking awesome.

Dan
12-07-2016, 06:43 PM
No doubt I'll end up giving it a go when it gets a proper UK release & end up addicted, but I won't be happy about it! :panda:

Shindig
12-07-2016, 06:53 PM
I don't want to be chinned in a car park over it.

bruhnaldo
12-07-2016, 07:01 PM
Not exactly the attitude required to BE THE VERY BEST!!!

Samadini
12-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Well I'm enjoying it. Spent the evening walking around town and down by the river taking gyms.

There was a good ten or so people hanging out by a lure module. Imagine what it will be like when it's actually released.

Oh and got an Onix from a 10k egg. Only 85cp though, so one purely for the Pokedex.

Mike
They need to get it out here before school finishes so the kids in the know can tell the loser kids to get it too.

Jeet
I catched about 5 whilst having a shit at work the past 2 days.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-07-2016, 07:48 PM
For anyone not on it just yet, you can get pikachu as your starter:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/8/12131242/pokemon-go-how-to-get-pikachu-starter-guide

Browning
12-07-2016, 07:50 PM
Not that it's worth it because starters are shit.

I caught on Oddish on a walk just now but the game crashed before I could find Eevee. The fucking things keep eluding me. Can't wait until they improve the servers. Seems to crash so often when I catch something and then it's 50/50 if I get to keep it.

Edit- Speaking of which, the Abra I caught earlier is gone. :(

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Yeah the servers are wank but that's to be expected, I highly doubt they imagined it to be this fucking massive.

The day it was released in Australia and New Zealand (the 6th which is when I started) was a fucking nightmare. It would be up for 5 minutes and down for 10-15. They had to take it down for about 4 hours at one point to fix it.

five time
12-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Mine never crashes whilst catching stuff, but whenever I try and interact with a Pokestop or Gym the internet seems to drop off (only for that app) and I have to reboot it. Out of pokeballs now thanks to some bastard Geodude punching them out of the air every time. :moop:

There's a gym at the church at the bottom of my road and there's been at least one person standing there since about 12 today, it's going to be huge when the game gets released properly. A few updates for battling/trading would be nice, and they should let your starter passively level with you or something, it just seems pointless right now.

Browning
12-07-2016, 08:17 PM
You're lucky then. I'd estimate every 2-3 things I catch (probably closer to 2) the game crashes on the Poke Ball when it closes and I have to quit out, and then half the time the Pokemon is there and the other half it's not.

Shindig
12-07-2016, 08:25 PM
I've reached the point in my life where fusing Personas is better than catching Pokemon.

Bernanke
12-07-2016, 08:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/50bUfCa.png?2

leedsrevolution
12-07-2016, 08:51 PM
If your having issues with it crashing when catching them turn AR off. Seems to have fixed it for me.

Browning
12-07-2016, 08:53 PM
I did and it still does it.

I thought that my local Tesco was a gym but turns out the Gym is actually the "Bear in the Big Blue House" kids ride outside Tesco. :cool:

Samadini
12-07-2016, 08:54 PM
I just have AR turned off anyway, seemed to be borking lots of things up and doesn't really add anything.

Browning
13-07-2016, 10:02 AM
Has something changed over night? When I woke up my icon was greyed out but there was another right next to it and using the new one logged in instantly rather than taking 5 minutes.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-07-2016, 05:02 PM
Got a pikachu from a 2km egg today :drool:

Browning
13-07-2016, 05:16 PM
Has something changed over night? When I woke up my icon was greyed out but there was another right next to it and using the new one logged in instantly rather than taking 5 minutes.

Answer to this is no, it's gone back to being shit.

That said I went to the shopping centre earlier and there was fuck tons of Pokemon there. Didn't have long but I bagged a Drowzee who is my new highest CP and a bunch of Pidgey/Rattata.

Samadini
13-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Got a 570 Electabuzz on my way home. Was about 30 people there trying to catch it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-07-2016, 05:26 PM
Got a 570 Electabuzz on my way home. Was about 30 people there trying to catch it.

You should have rubbed it in all of their faces.

Browning
13-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Multiple people can catch the same thing. However they appear at different levels for different people based on trainer level.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-07-2016, 05:30 PM
I drove past the RAF base in Henlow today which is a gym. I really wanted to pull over and smash the yellow cunt who was holding it but I bottled it. I thought some dickhead would come out and call me a cunt.

Browning
13-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Rightly so. Team Yellow for life.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Yeah, if you're into incest.

Yellow is Lannister.

P_3
13-07-2016, 06:02 PM
Fuck, can't wait. Surely it will be out by Friday. What's everyone's level?

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-07-2016, 06:10 PM

My problem is that I don't walk.

Dan
13-07-2016, 06:12 PM
They revealed some new pokemon yesterday & one is literally a ghost in a pikachu cosplay :D

http://www.serebii.net/corocoro8162.jpg

Incredible.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-07-2016, 06:18 PM
I thought that was a joke when I first saw it.

Dan
13-07-2016, 06:22 PM
If people thought Garbodor & Klefki were lazy designs they're going to go fucking mental when they see this :drool:

Browning
13-07-2016, 07:06 PM
It looks more like a used Kleenex.

Between that and "Cutiefly" being a name I think I'm close to being done.

Samadini
13-07-2016, 07:27 PM
I'm nearly level 13. I go for a walk every day anyway, so this game is perfect for me. According to the jogger medal I've walked 22km so far.

3 eggs hatched on my way home. Got an Eevee from my 10k egg, which I was seething about, but it does come with a lot of candy too, so evolved it and now got a 338 Jolteon. Got Oddish and Exeggcute from the 5k eggs.

Shindig
13-07-2016, 07:28 PM
Is there some Law of Nintendo when every 5 years they think of something fairly useless that makes a ton of money?

Browning
13-07-2016, 07:34 PM
I'm level 6 despite the fact I walk a fair amount and have done so even more since this came out. I just don't get to catch a lot as there's not much around and the servers are always down when I'm free to play. I'm sure I can improve this rapidly once the servers work more often.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Failed to catch a pidgeot in red with an unknown amount of cp.

Next Pokemon that popped up? A fucking 26 cp pidgeot.

Seething doesn't cover it.

randomlegend
13-07-2016, 10:44 PM
Someone almost missed registering for our exam today because they encountered a Beedrill on the way over :D

Apparently his dad facetimed him while he was trying to catch it and fucked him over, so he didn't even get it either.

Browning
13-07-2016, 11:19 PM
How did you fail? Surely you just stay til you get it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-07-2016, 11:48 PM
It ran.

Also had a wortortle that run a little earlier :(

Sam
13-07-2016, 11:50 PM
If people thought Garbodor & Klefki were lazy designs they're going to go fucking mental when they see this :drool:

Is that actually real?

Samadini
14-07-2016, 07:11 AM
Have you been using your Razz Mahon? Seems to sort most of the wankers out. You'll get great balls soon too (lol gay).

P_3
14-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Got it. Off out to pick up my Pikachu. :cool:

Samadini
14-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Just caught a 541 Lickitung and a 516 Parasect whilst having a shit. My office seems to be a spawn point for the former, as that's the second one I've found here and not seen it anywhere else.

Andy
14-07-2016, 11:06 AM
Up to level 8. Caught loads today, had a couple of jobs on Portsmouth by the sea and all sorts of new Pokemon popped up. Wasted about 40 balls getting a Scyther but he's mine now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-07-2016, 12:28 PM
Have you been using your Razz Mahon? Seems to sort most of the wankers out. You'll get great balls soon too (lol gay).
Yeah, I actually had the pidgeot in my balls (lol) twice but it broke free and ran. It must have been at a level too high for my 10.

I did catch two fucking squirtles last night though. 231 and 205.

Byron
14-07-2016, 12:53 PM
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.

I finish work at 5 and have until 8:15 to do nothing but wander around and catch Pokémon.

Bernanke
14-07-2016, 12:55 PM
This really is Twitch Plays Pokémon levels of hype. :drool: