PDA

View Full Version : The Fantasy NFL thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-09-2015, 02:12 PM
Alex Smith and CJ Anderson were about as useful as Anne Frank's drum kit.

Pleb
18-09-2015, 02:56 PM
One of my divisional rivals has grabbed the Colts defense this week :D

Browning
18-09-2015, 04:15 PM
Wasn't a bad night last night. After about 2 quarters it was looking bleak. Manning managed to get it together and out score projection by the same amount as Thomas/Charles combined so we are where we started (VS Projection) but his 2 best players are done.

Browning
19-09-2015, 04:28 PM
Hopefully Grey Fox will turn up, I enjoy giving him suggestions and will feel bad if his season collapses now. :D

As it's probably lost forever on the other board, my week 2 match up is:

QBs: Tony Romo and Peyton Manning (30.62) Vs Matt Ryan and Carson Palmer

Before the week started, I liked his QBs a lot more than mine, mainly due to Manning being a concern. Manning totally bossed it though beating his projection by around 7 points. Unfortunately, he threw quite a lot to Thomas, but luckily none of the TDs. With Manning's score in the books I'm confident my QBS can win this, and even if Ryan goes off, I've got him covered by playing both his WRs, meaning every time he completes to them my score goes up more than my opponents.

RBs: Justin Forsett and Danny Woodhead Vs Jamaal Charles (23.03) and Ameer Abdullah

Charles has already played and gone over projection by just shy of 5 points. A good start for him but it looked like the Chargers love Woodhead in the passing game and also in the red zone. I wouldn't be surprised if he edged it here, but hopefully not. Forsett could have a monster game.

WRs: Julio Jones, Mike Evans and Allen Robinson Vs Demaryius Thomas (20.29), DeAndre Hopkins and Larry Fitzgerald

Assuming Evans suits up, I think I got this. Demaryius only beat projection by 2 points, and was expected to finish just 5 points behind Manning but actually ended up being 10. I need Allen Robinson to bounce back, but he should have less competition for catches than Fitz. Another monster Julio game would be nice.

TEs: Jordan Cameron Vs Greg Olsen

He's probably got me here, but that's the risk I took not really drafting a TE. Can always hope Olsen repeats last week.

Flex- Roddy White and Pierre Garcon Vs Mike Wallace and Chris Ivory

Ivory is a concern after he went off last week, but I love Garcon in a PPR format with Jackson gone. Roddy has been put in purely to contain Matt Ryan, but it would have been a close call anyway between him and Andre "Revis Island" Johnson. Hopefully next week Spiller and Ellington can compete to get in here.

DST: Baltimore Ravens Vs Buffalo Bills

I do genuinely think people are over rating Buffalo. A great defense they are, but starting them over Brady, who never turns the ball over? No thanks. I initially picked up the Ravens as a 1 week play for this week while Seattle are facing Green Bay but I may end up keeping them. They look strong and I think they tend to have good match ups whenever Seattle don't. We'll see.

And then there's Kickers and IDP, but yea.

The live Projections have me winning 228.41 to 219.29. I'd take any win to be honest after 2 losses in Week 1.

In my other league I managed to nab Teddy Bridgewater off the Waiver Wire. What?

Looks like I should win that one comfortably. Match up is:

QB: Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan Vs Alex Smith and Tony Romo (Manning outscored Smith 28.03 to 3.87)
RB: Matt Forte and DeAngelo Williams Vs Jamaal Chares (21.70) and Chris Ivory
WR: Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman and Jeremy Maclin (10.20) Vs Julio Jones, Golden Tate and Allen Robinson
TE: Heath Miller Vs Jimmy Graham
Flex: Vincent Jackson and Kendall Wright Vs Terrance Williams and Tyler Eifert

Projections for that one have me winning comfortably 233.20 to 190.86. About 13 points of that comes from Kickers, IDP and DST.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-09-2015, 01:42 PM
Alshon Jeffrey has been ruled out.

Browning
20-09-2015, 02:08 PM
Only a week too late for me.

Pleb
20-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Slightly scared this week. I need to hit my projected scores otherwise I'm sacking off another week :moop:

Browning
20-09-2015, 04:39 PM
Good luck.

Supposedly a lot of people like Decker this week. I can't bring myself to play him though. He got what, 2 targets last week? Needs to do more this week and next because I can't leave him on the bench whilst watching him at Wembley.

Browning
20-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Where the fuck is Evans?

Browning
20-09-2015, 07:32 PM
This is an absolute shower of shit.

Browning
20-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Here's to you, Allen Robinson. :hail:

Hope the Ravens D can stop being so shit.

Pleb
20-09-2015, 09:21 PM
If the Seahawks can shit themselves silly I got this week in the bag. Benjamin being on my bench doesn't help either :moop:

66-53 in my favour at the moment.

Completely forgot that I got the Panthers as my defense :D Jimmy Graham to run riot please.

Browning
20-09-2015, 11:25 PM
Looks like I'm going 0-2. At HT in these games it looked rosy, but then Romo died and Cameron and Robinson forgot to play in the 2nd halves. Unless the Baltimore game goes to OT and Forsett racks up points there, I'm done. Currently down about 6 points with no players to come Vs Chris Ivory. Would take a heroic effort. Not going to happen. Romo has fucked me this week, and probably for the season. I only have Kaepernick to cover for him and no one on the wire thanks to so many dicks rostering 4-5 QBs.

Pleb
21-09-2015, 07:39 PM
Week 2 is in the bag. Got a 15 point lead :cool:

Opponent has already played all nine so Marshall is free to run riot :drool:

Browning
23-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Kaepernick or Bortles this week?

Yes, it really has come to that.

On the plus side, I managed to snag Jordan Reed.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Aids or smallpox then, brilliant.

I'd go for Bortles.

http://i.imgur.com/uQOagZN.png

Rolling with Alex Smith again despite his awful week but Packers defence can be shaky. I have Rishard Matthews, Davante Adams and Melvin Gordon on the bench as my next biggest hitters but I think I'm happy.

http://i.imgur.com/Cck2tv3.png

Only real decision is Moncrief (who I dropped Alfred Blue for after missing out on Matt Jones) over Evans but that will only come into play if he's still struggling with an injury.

Browning
23-09-2015, 06:15 PM
I'm leaning towards Kaepernick after his monster game because I feel like the Pats might crush Bortles, not that the Cards are much easier. We'll see. I really cannot afford to go 0-3 but I feel like I might given his QBs are Rodgers and Brady.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Yeah, you're going to get fisted unless the RB and WR match-ups are a lot more favourable towards you.

Pleb
23-09-2015, 06:21 PM
I'm potentially going 2-1 if the projected scores for week 3 are led to believe.

The scenes :drool:

I meant 1-2 :moop:

Browning
23-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Projections have me losing by 1 point. So it probably is close-ish, but I don't think I have a prayer. Lines ups will be:

Manning and Kaepernick Vs Rodgers and Brady (Projection- Him by about 8 points)
Julio Jones, Mike Evans and Pierre Garcon Vs Jarvis Landry, John Brown and Keenan Allen (Projections- Me by about 5 points)
Justin Forsett and Danny Woodhead Vs Matt Forte and Jeremy Hill (Projections- Pretty much even)
Jordan Reed Vs Jimmy Graham (Even)
Allen Robinson and Andre Johnson Vs Kendall Wright and Dion Lewis (Him by about 3 points)
Kickers- Even
DST- Seattle Vs Jets (Me by about 2 points)
And then IDPs I have about 1 point on him, but he has JJ Watt so I find that a bit odd.

It doesn't look good. I can't catch a break this season. I still expect Spiller to be big once he finds a role in the Saints offense but I can't gamble on that being this week. Andre Johnson looks like a sack of shit, but I may have to roll with him if Decker can't go. I've already lost Ellington and Romo to injuries plus probably Decker, Spiller's season has been wrecked so far by his injury.... yea... it's just a mess.

Pleb
23-09-2015, 06:28 PM
Not panicking but T. Benjamin might get 4.2 this week should I be concerned? :cab:

Browning
23-09-2015, 06:28 PM
In contrast I'm storming my other league. I've scored 525 points and the next best is about 460. I'm only 1-1 because I happened to face the ONLY guy who could beat me week 1, and then no one could have beaten me week 2. I feel like I have a good grasp on that league and should win in, all things being well. Just a shame it hasn't translated to my main league.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-09-2015, 06:29 PM
I don't think it's that bad.

Landry, Brown and Allen could have monster weeks but they are all so hot and cold, so it's just as likely that they'll have about 50 yards between the three of them.

Hill might get benched, he fumbled twice last week and Gio Bernard took advantage.

The flex is a mixed bag.

Browning
23-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Not panicking but T. Benjamin might get 4.2 this week should I be concerned? :cab:

Wouldn't go near him. He's been over rated by 2 long plays from Manziel, who isn't starting.

Pleb
23-09-2015, 06:32 PM
The projected scores reckon that Palmer is better than Big Ben by .2 :cab:

This is pretty mental :D

Browning - He's on my bench at the moment which must be a good thing. I got Ebron for Eifert's bye week (yes I know it's two weeks away but you know...PROGRESS) so that's TE covered for the season.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-09-2015, 06:32 PM
Fuck, I didn't realise Hill was so bad with the ball.

8 starts last year (he got some time in all games though), 2 this year and has put the ball on the ground 7 times losing 4 of those.

Bernard played in 16 games in his first season (no starts), 13 games last season (9 starts) and 2 this season (0 starts) and has only fumbled once which was in his rookie season...

Browning
23-09-2015, 06:33 PM
Palmer in a divisional game at home to a poor Niners D against Big Ben against one of the better Ds in the league? Yea, I'd say that's pretty much even.

Pleb
23-09-2015, 06:41 PM
Kaepernick might get 45 points this week?

What?

Misread it again :D 23 points apparently. Tempted.

Dalton with 24.6 :|

Browning
23-09-2015, 06:58 PM
If you have Ben and/or Palmer don't go near Kaepernick. I wouldn't if I wasn't desperate. Both Ben and Palmer are QB1s this week, Kapernick is probably a QB3.

Pleb
23-09-2015, 08:54 PM
DeMarco Murray has pulled his hamstrings the fucker :moop:

Browning
23-09-2015, 09:31 PM
The minute I drop Sproles. Ugh.

Pleb
24-09-2015, 04:52 PM
Cam Newton's got a higher projected score this week :saywhat: so I've put him back in to replace Palmer :henn0rz:

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-09-2015, 11:51 AM
Dropped Moncreif for Sproles in my second league who I will start over Evans if Demarco is out.

Browning
25-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Not a bad start with Garçon being under projection by about a point but Reed over by about 4. He's made a handful of changes to his line up and I'm now the fav with a whopping 54% chance of victory.

Browning
25-09-2015, 02:55 PM
You realise Sproles is still just the back up?

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Ryan Mathews does not a starter make.

He might be listed as the starter if Murray can't play, he might get a couple of carries more but Sproles will outscore him.

Largely because Sproles will be favoured on passing downs.

Pleb
27-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Murray officially out :face: so Frank Gore is pretty much the only option I have got right now :moop:

Quick flash vote...Newton or Big Ben to start?

Ian
27-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Newton.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Newton.

I've rolled with Sproles instead of Yeldon in my second league.

Pleb
27-09-2015, 04:59 PM
Done.

I've started with Yeldon. Hold me.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Only problem with Yeldon is that the Patriots should dick on the Jags and do so early. As such they will likely move away from the running game fairly early.

It happens far too much, especially with bad teams.

Pleb
27-09-2015, 05:02 PM
I might of slightly fucked up with starting Benjamin instead of Gore :face:

Pleb
27-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Should of started with Gore :moop:

Browning
27-09-2015, 09:53 PM
0-3 in my main league and 1-2 in the other before Manning (who I have in both) even plays. Fantasy Football is shit.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-09-2015, 09:57 PM
Looking likely that I will go 2-1 in both of my leagues \0/.

Pleb
27-09-2015, 10:09 PM
I might potentially go 2-1 after the Sunday Night Game...

Scenes might happen. I might have to put Big Ben on the IR after this week.

Gray Fox
28-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Hopefully Grey Fox will turn up, I enjoy giving him suggestions and will feel bad if his season collapses now. :D

:wave:

Finally got back to this. Last time I got on the old board was the 17th, then I went on holiday for a week. I was in mourning but tried again today and discovered this place exists.

In any case my season isn't collapsing. I think I might have won by about 70 points this week :P

Pleb
28-09-2015, 07:59 PM
Just went 2-1 :drool:

Dunno what the fuck happened there. Newton starting helped. Should of started Gore. My opponent had Manning in his squad and I swore he would of gave him huge points. Still...:cool:

Gray Fox
28-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Brief bringing you up to date with where I am. You'll have seen from old TTH that I was 0-1 after I got seriously Julio Jonesed in week 1.

Headed into week 2 against a someone with Trent Richardson as his RB. He also had Blount, Maxx Williams and Roddy White. They all gave him a grand total of 0.4 points combined. However Old Manning, Steve Smith and AJ Green along with Tucker got him a near respectable 60.9. The problem for me was the Bills took a pasting and Romo and Brees both died. Didn't help that Russel Wilson wasn't throwing to Graham either. I was on a pathetic 51.3 with only one player to play in the Monday game. Luckily that player was Donte Moncrief. Scored me 18.2 points despite the Colts being shit. I won with the 2nd lowest points total of the week.

That all moved me to 1-1, but with 1 of 3 QBs available. I dropped Romo and Brees(at the time his injury was reported as being months rather than a couple weeks) for Foles and Rivers, brought in Larry Fitzgerald for Lamar Miller and saw someone else had dropped Forsett so I picked him up in case his numbers improved. Played Larry over Cooper, despite Cooper showing promise as I fancied the 49ers for a stinker and boy did he deliver.

https://gyazo.com/206c715a09b568eb39a9a3d3d784b8b5.png

This moved me to 2-1, but without a really reliable QB. I've put in to swap Foles for Carr but I've been told 3/4 other people are doing the same. RB is a small concern now too. McCoy is always listed questionable and now Lynch has another injury, I have Murray and Forsett to cover but Forsett doesn't look likely to bring big points. Other than that I'm happy with the team.

Browning
29-09-2015, 03:35 PM
I've moved to 0-3 in my main league. Already agreed to swap Jennings for Crabtree as I need a WR whose not Shoddy Shite or Andre Johnson. Crabtree should do a job until Decker gets back. Pretty confident I can get my first win on the board this week. If not then put a fork in my season.

My other league I somehow moved to 2-1. It was an incredible match up:

Manning and Ryan Vs Rodgers and Stafford- He won by about 3 points after Rodgers went off (scoring 49.7 points) but Stafford only managed 13. Rodgers nearly cost me the match.

WR- Antonio Brown, Edelman and Maclin Vs AJ Green, Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins- Thankfully Watkins stunk up the joint and scored less than 5 points. AJ Green's 54 points was enough to outscore Maclin by 24... but Antonio beat Evans by 3 points and Edelman beat Watkins by 11.5. He still dominated me here, but that put a dent into it.

RB- Forte and Yeldon Vs McCoy and Hyde- He wins again by about 3 points. Forte and Hyde were pretty much equal but McCoy outscores Yeldon by 3.4 points.

TE- Miller Vs Kelce, another no contest as he wins by 13 points.

Flex- Vincent Jackson and Kendall Wright Vs Doug Martin and Dion Lewis- I win a position! Both of mine outscore his by a total of about 7 points.

Kickers- Hauschka and Tucker Vs McManus and Bullock- A routin win for my "elite" kickers, as we make up 8 points on him here.

DST- Rams Vs Chiefs- a 14 point swing in my favor. More luck then judgement as I forgot to even look at the DST position this week.

IDP gave me roughly another 4 points on him, and somehow, against all odds, I came out with the win by 239.65 to 235.35. Thank fuck for Jeremy "Garbage Time" Maclin.

I'm now top of that league, and bottom of my main one. I've put in the following Waiver claims for that league:

Waiver 1 (Sep 30): Add Michael Crabtree, Drop Brandon Coleman
Waiver 2 (Sep 30): Add Charles Clay, Drop Brandon Coleman
Waiver 3 (Sep 30): Add Charles Clay, Drop Bishop Sankey
Waiver 4 (Sep 30): Add Allen Hurns, Drop Brandon Coleman
Waiver 5 (Sep 30): Add Allen Hurns, Drop Bishop Sankey

I'm 2nd in priority having not claimed anyone last week, so I'd expect to get Crabtree to play this week while I'm missing Edelman and Kendall.

Browning
29-09-2015, 08:58 PM
I'm trying to shop Jordan Cameron, despite drafting him as my TE1. Jordan Reed has taken over that role on my team, and Marcus Mariota seems to be in love with Delanie Walker so he'll do as a back up, leaving Cameron slightly surplus to requirements. I tried my luck trying to get Steve Smith or Jeremy Maclin for him plus Andre Johnson, who i've given up on, but despite the other guy not having a TE to start this week, he turned it down. Can't blame him, but thought he'd take the Maclin one when we discussed it.

I've been offered Stevie Johnson for him straight up, but the guy who offered it told me he doesn't really like Melvin Gordon, so I've countered with Cameron + Andre for Stevie + Gordon. Thoughts? If he turns that down, which he may well do (he played Andre in another league and got 0...) is it worth it just straight up? I quite like Stevie Johnson, but it's a guy he got off the Free Agency for my 8th round pick, which kind of irritates me.

I'm close to cutting Andre Johnson though if I can't use him to make up anything in this deal. He just looks finished. Is he worth holding?

Gray Fox
29-09-2015, 10:11 PM
Moncrief is currently getting all the love at the Colts so I'd drop away. If it helps, he(Johnson) got dropped in our league last week and no one has yet bothered to pick him up. I just don't think anyone but a big gambler would pick him up now. He looks done.

I'm considering trying to use Graham as trade bait. His numbers are not matching his big name, whereas someone like Kelce or Reed is proving much better value. Waiver wise I'm looking to pick up Dalton/Carr in place of Foles, while my number 1 take will be Karlos Williams in place of Forsett, assuming I can get him.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Get rid of someone else if you can.

Karlos Williams will only start curving down (I'm trying to pick him up in place of Sproles) whilst Forsett will be on the up.

Justin will get at least 15 carries on Thursday and be involved in the passing game against the Steelers with at least 1 TD.

I'm expecting at least 15 points from him this week.

Gray Fox
29-09-2015, 10:22 PM
I have Latavius Murray, Shady and Beast Mode as my other RBs. The latter 2 look out for the coming week at least. I know Williams will only pop while Shady isn't there, but I can just as easy drop him again in a couple weeks.

What makes you so confident on Forsett? His numbers are pretty shocking so far and he's up against the top run stoppers so far this season.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-09-2015, 10:29 PM
His numbers have been awful because we haven't fed him the ball enough (part of the reason is the high amount of penalties thus having to make up extra yards), the Steelers defence isn't as great as it has been in previous years, Ravens are in must win mode and will need to go back to running the ball hard to get that.

Also, with Vick playing, we should create turnovers and thus have more possession leading to more touches for Justin.

Browning
29-09-2015, 10:31 PM
You can't drop Forsett. He's arguably a RB1 (for the season not this week) and at worst a RB2. He's had a slow start but he's a great player and is the main point of their offense. He'll get it together. Bench him if you must, but dropping him is madness.

Browning
29-09-2015, 10:39 PM
My week 4 match up. I need to win this:

QB: Manning and Kaepernick Vs Wilson and Tannehill- I don't believe Colin will ever be as bad as he was last week again, but my other options are Bortles or picking up Cousins. I will consider all 3 but at the moment it's Colin's gig. I wish I had moved faster for Vick, although he may not be any improvement.

RB: Forsett and Woodhead Vs Martin and Miller- With the match ups being what they are, I really don't like either of his options, and expect to win this comfortably, though my RBs were awful last week.

WR: Julio Jones, Allen Robinson and Pierre Garcon Vs ODB, Brandon Marshall and Moncrief

I can throw things at Marshall if need be.

TE: Jordan Reed Vs Kelce

Reed is just a target hog at the moment and if Cousins can find him in the end zone we're laughing.

Flex: Mike Evans and Michael Crabtree Vs Eifert and Matt Jones- Surely that goes my way.... surely.

At kicker I picked up Janikowski as my K2. I've never played the same one 2 weeks running. Tucker and Janikowski Vs Hauschka and whoever he gets off FA (as his other kicker is on bye)

DST: Seattle Vs Probably, again, someone he picks up. Currently he has the Steelers there.

To me, on paper, this looks like a slam dunk. Which means it won't be. Obviously QB2 is still an issue, but bringing in Crabtree makes me feel a bit better (never thought I'd say that). Still tempted to see what I can get for Cameron, but if there's no takers, I'd be tempted to play him (and then regret it) just because of Wembley.

I'm going to Wembley with my opponent, so this'll be fun. It's a shame Decker is injured and Cameron has lost his spot in my team. I tried to get Fitzpatrick on the cheap but seems that's a no go. Shame.

Gray Fox
29-09-2015, 10:41 PM
I can't bench him, even if I wanted to at this point. I only have Forsett now because the guy I'm playing this week, dropped him in favour of Freeman. I nabbed him to sit on him incase his numbers went up.

Speaking of my match up this week here it is(including my team in full)

https://gyazo.com/98c2fa34bb989470ecb8bfc905a38f87.png

4th straight week I'm projected a win, but this is by far the closest of those. This is the guy who was offering me anyone for Jimmy Graham in week 1. I think I'm taking a loss this week.

I could drop Bennett in favour of Williams I guess and sit on Forsett for a week or 2 more. I had forgot Big Ben wasn't playing this week.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-09-2015, 10:44 PM
I'd leave Williams tbh or drop Bennett for him on the short term.

Pleb
29-09-2015, 10:49 PM
Big Ben is on the IR for the time being. Six weeks out which is a bit mental.

QB suggestions would be welcome. I only got Newton which I think has a bye week shortly :serious:

Browning
29-09-2015, 10:50 PM
Didn't you used to have Drew Brees? What have you done....

That was at Fox, obviously.

Who is available Pleb?

Gray Fox
29-09-2015, 10:52 PM
I'm just getting quite uneasy that my RB options are now paper thin. Williams will go this week if I don't take him, hence why I'm so keen.

As for Brees, I put in my first post here. When the injury news came out he was expected to miss the same kind of time as Romo. Since then it's obviously changed. He's top of my list to come back in but I'm accepting defeat at this point.

Pleb
29-09-2015, 10:57 PM
Browning - Dalton (CIN), Taylor (BUF) but he's got a chest issue :cab:, Flacco (BAL) and the usual shite...

Oh and Kaepernick...

Browning
29-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Taylor from that lot, for sure. I wish I had him.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Tyrod Taylor all day long.

Browning
29-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Cutting Drew Brees? Fuck sake....

I don't think I could bench Larry Fitz either at the moment.

Pleb
29-09-2015, 11:02 PM
Why would you cut Drew Brees? :cab:

The guy's fucking on fire for fuck sake. Put him on the IR slot if your league has one.

Gray Fox

Gray Fox
29-09-2015, 11:05 PM
I fancy Cooper well, because the Bears. I was toying with playing Fitz as flex as it could well negate Palmer somewhat. And yeah I know I goofed, but like I say, Fox(news) told me Brees looked likely to miss 2 months ish, not 2 weeks ish.

2 out of the 4 players ahead of me in the waiver are inactive and the one directly ahead had Carr as his first pick. I'm still expecting not to get him back, but I'm still trying.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-09-2015, 11:18 PM
tbh, it was first feared that Brees would miss almost all of the rest of the season.

Browning
29-09-2015, 11:24 PM
I never heard that. All I heard was he was a doubt for 1 game, and even then he "might play".

Gray Fox
29-09-2015, 11:27 PM
Hopefully I get him back for Foles and all will be forgiven.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-09-2015, 11:50 PM
I never heard that. All I heard was he was a doubt for 1 game, and even then he "might play".

That's what was first being reported, then it went down to 1 and then Brees said maybe none.

Gray Fox
30-09-2015, 12:00 AM
That's what I heard too. Pain in the ass.

Speaking of which, would any of you consider putting out feelers for Lynch. He seems to be playing with another injury each week for now and I could use a RB who can actually score a TD.

elth
30-09-2015, 04:02 AM
I'm close to cutting Andre Johnson though if I can't use him to make up anything in this deal. He just looks finished. Is he worth holding?

No.

Some wag on Twitter made the joke that Andre Johnson is now cuttable in all leagues. Including the NFL. He's done. If you can find a chump to package him off on by all means do it but I wouldn't waste a roster spot on him otherwise.

I like Melvin Gordon a lot.

The guy I'm playing this week only has Big Ben on his roster (out) and Dalton's sitting there on the waiver wire. I'm a higher waiver priority. Is picking up Dalton my #1 claim? Yes. Yes it is. :cool:

Rishard Matthews somehow slipped past everyone last week too, so I'm trying for him but I doubt I'll get him. Otherwise with Foster and Jeffrey both (hopefully) back I might actually have a shot of winning this week.

Gray Fox
30-09-2015, 11:15 AM
I got Brees back :cheer:

Slight scare though as the Ravens fan I faced in week 2, suddenly became active, finally dropping Trent Richardson, he picked up Yeldon. Carr went the pick before me, dropping Ivory. My opponent this week then picked up Dalton. He now has 4 QBs (Smith, Palmer, Ryan and Dalton). Should he drop the wrong one I'll be on that. Williams went too. The only other notable dropee is Arian Foster.

There is a temptation to pick up Foster if only to sit on him too, but it's a little risky not knowing his fitness.

elth
30-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Foster should be back this week. If not, definitely next.

If you're short at RB, you'll never have a better chance to get a top 10 guy for nowt.

Browning
30-09-2015, 05:18 PM
So in my 2nd league, the one with a proper Waiver system, both of my top 2 claims went through so I got Crabtree and Clay. I was then able to pick up Arizona and Karlos Williams from Free Agency. None of those players are available in my main league with the free for all. I now fucking hate the free for all system. Waivers are the way.

I've also got a claim in for Golden Tate, who was bizarrely dropped. I know he hasn't been great, but he shouldn't be on the wire.

Pleb
30-09-2015, 06:10 PM
So my Waivers have gone through without a hitch so here's week 4...:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r305/bouken087/week4lineup_zpsuk1vq1ff.jpg (http://s147.photobucket.com/user/bouken087/media/week4lineup_zpsuk1vq1ff.jpg.html)

I might have a slight issue with week 5 :baz:

Gray Fox
30-09-2015, 11:59 PM
Am I being blind? What's going to go wrong in week 5?

I've offered out Lynch for both Charles and Lacy(not part of the same deal) and will probably put one in for AP. I'm facing AP this week but the owner is a Hawks fan so it could happen. I don't think any of these will be accepted but we'll see. I've also put in to take Foster and drop Bennett. The Bears have been shocking and with 2 constantly questionable RBs(will be down to one if I have my trade) I'm a little thin on the ground.

Agree with Browning about the waivers. Free for all just takes the piss. My league has it set that when Sunday hits, everyone must be waivered and it takes until the Wednesday for them to go through. This allows for the standings to update and the new waiver order to be counted. Once the waiver picks are done, everyone becomes a free agent, except for those who have just been dropped(they go into another waiver for the Thursday). Rinse and repeat. I couldn't imagine constant free for alls.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-10-2015, 02:59 AM
The free for all is pretty much what won me the TTH fantasy league a few years back :drool:

I think I ended the season with close to 200 transactions.

Gray Fox
01-10-2015, 11:01 PM
'Surprisingly' all of my trade up offers with Lynch failed. So I've set him to available on my trade block to see what comes in.

The only choice on who to play this weekend comes at WR. I have Thomas and Cooper there for now, but my opponent has Palmer. Playing Larry Fitz could cut down the points I'm going to lose there and Larry is on fire, but Denver are struggling to run the ball and Peyton can make throws all day now he's shotgun only.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-10-2015, 03:50 AM
Get rid of someone else if you can.

Karlos Williams will only start curving down (I'm trying to pick him up in place of Sproles) whilst Forsett will be on the up.

Justin will get at least 15 carries on Thursday and be involved in the passing game against the Steelers with at least 1 TD.

I'm expecting at least 15 points from him this week.

He wasn't involved in the passing game or get a TD but, 15 points dead on.

Gray Fox
02-10-2015, 11:23 AM
27 carries. 150 yards bang on and 15 points. All the lad was missing was a TD, but I can't complain.

Nabbed Foster now too, so I have him, Forsett, Lynch, McCoy and L.Murray. Finally feel good about the RB situation. Even if I've not got a massive point scorer like Bell or Charles.

Browning
02-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Happy enough with that start. Forsett bang on projection and Tucker over by a little more than Mosley was under, so I'm slightly up.

In my other league Brown has let me down but Tucker made up a lot of it.

Pleb
02-10-2015, 01:56 PM
I might go 3-1 now and lead the whole league. If so :drool:

Not counting my chickens yet :gs:

Browning
02-10-2015, 05:10 PM
I'm shocked. My waiver claim for Mike Vick went through. I mean, I know he's no World beater anymore, but given the amount of QB injuries and some of the shite being started (Kaepernick.... Stafford...) I was sure I'd lose him. Andre out, Vick in. Just a shame it wasn't soon enough to start him last night. 17 points, or Triple what Kaep got last night, would have been acceptable.

elth
03-10-2015, 02:22 AM
Nabbed Foster now too, so I have him, Forsett, Lynch, McCoy and L.Murray.

Is that a 4 team league? :D

Browning
03-10-2015, 11:43 AM
Wow. Golden Tate went through and so did my last minute add in my main league to drop Bortles for Smith. Manning Kaep Smith and Vick should see me through until Romo is back.

Gray Fox
03-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Is that a 4 team league? :D

It's a 9 team league(8 of which are active). Foster and Forsett both got dropped over the past week and considering how good both can be, I thought it was worth a punt.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-10-2015, 01:09 PM
9 team league? :cab:

The person(people) who dropped Foster and Forsett are idiots.

Gray Fox
03-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Yeah it's the work league. Got 9 of us signed up but only the 8 are actually playing and it was the same person who dropped both. I'm also playing said person this week.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Jesus, that's up there with some of my mental decisions during my first Fantasy season.

And I had only watched 2 or 3 Super bowls prior to joining.

Ladanian Tomlinson as first pick, hoovering up rookies (I think the only one to do anything with his career is Demaryius) and trading Brady for pretty much nothing :drool:

Gray Fox
03-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Well my team looks in a much better position now. Barring an injury to Jimmy Graham that is. So I guess I can be thankful.

What did you trade Brady for?

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Here was my drafted team:

Tom Brady
Jimmy Clausen

LaDainian Tomlinson
Joseph Addai
Dexter McCluster (doubles as a RB and a WR)
Montario Hardesty

Steve Smith (Panthers one)
Arrelious Benn
Steve Breaston
Demaryius Thomas

Owen Daniels
Jermaine Gresham

Nate Kaeding
Garrett Lindholm

Dallas

Scenes :drool:

Oh and it was for Carson Palmer during his last season with the Bengals.

Gray Fox
03-10-2015, 02:17 PM
There's very little I'd trade Brady for, even now. I take it you didn't win that year? :p

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-10-2015, 02:32 PM
No, but I did win it the year after.

Gray Fox
03-10-2015, 02:56 PM
At least you learned from your mistakes I guess?

I know it's pushing it in terms of lateness, but if it's an option, would there be any interest in a new-TTH fantasy league?

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-10-2015, 03:02 PM
I hope we can get one rolling again next year.

Gray Fox
03-10-2015, 03:08 PM
The option for the Fox site seems to have gone, but the official NFL one lists the draft deadline day as 17th October. You think it's worth getting a sign up thread going?

With 2 weeks we might be able to squeeze one in.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-10-2015, 03:10 PM
It wont happen this year.

Browning
03-10-2015, 03:22 PM
Definitely not. I'll try again next year.

Who was the other Steve Smith? I recall there were 2 but can't place the other.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Played most of his career (wasn't much of it) for the Giants.

Browning
03-10-2015, 11:27 PM
I've speculatively added Givens. He can't be worse than White.

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 12:04 AM
Are you 0-3 or 1-2? Browning

elth
04-10-2015, 12:39 AM
You really need 8 proper players to run a decent league and even at it's biggest, TTH could only really muster about 5 who logged in most weeks.

My league's up to 12 players now. Really testing out people's skills, it's great.

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 12:45 AM
If we'd got a 10th it would have split into 2 divisions, but that's for next year. I'm surprised with a shift of over 400 people we only got the 9 of us to be honest.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-10-2015, 12:48 AM
There's just not many on the board who are interested in the NFL and then a couple of those who are just hate the fantasy side.

btw, for anyone who hasn't watched it get on 'The League'.

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 12:55 AM
How's your week 4 lining up Mahow ?

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-10-2015, 01:13 AM
I'll probably end up losing both match ups.

http://i.imgur.com/aBvtQuM.png

Tight on paper but I think it will be even tighter in real life.

Oh and it hasn't updated but Gordon will slot into Jeffrey's spot.

http://imgur.com/uREDMfj.png

Another tight one on paper, I'm thinking of dropping Green for Eifert though.

Edit: Nope, I've just seen Jordan Reed on the FA. Balls deep.

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 01:20 AM
Tough week coming up against Luck and Rodgers, both playing against shite too.

elth
04-10-2015, 01:29 AM
If Luck's hurt, that might save you.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-10-2015, 01:48 AM
Tough week coming up against Luck and Rodgers, both playing against shite too.

Especially as Rodgers is playing the shockingly bad Niners.

Browning
04-10-2015, 11:17 AM
Off to Wembley to sit next to my opponent and dread any Dolphins TDs. He's playing Tannehill, Miller and Marshall against me.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-10-2015, 04:40 PM
I finally decide to start Rishard Matthews and he doesn't do a thing.

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 06:04 PM
Sam Bradford has 0.5 points approaching half time. For fucks sake.

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 06:41 PM
And in one drive up to 11 points. That's more like it Freeman currently giving me a fisting.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-10-2015, 06:59 PM
I've just seen that the guy in my first league has Freeman on the bench :eyemouth:

I'd lose the game for sure if he started him, what a melon.

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 07:04 PM
Despite him having Freeman and Ryan, I'm just about clinging on, 10 pts down. Phil Rivers needs a big game to pull this back.

Browning
04-10-2015, 07:07 PM
I put Decker in my line up with 2 seconds to spare. :D

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 07:11 PM
If the Falcons could kick a damn field goal, that'd be great.

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Heading into the late games 6 points behind. I need AP to have a quiet game and Palmer to throw to Larry Fitz. Expecting a loss now though.

Pleb
04-10-2015, 08:35 PM
I'm going 2-2 :moop:

Gray Fox
04-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Back to 4 points in it.

He has Palmer, AP, Jones and Crosby playing my Fitzgerald, Rivers and Graham. With Graham playing tomorrow night I need to be going into that within 10-15 points to have a chance.

Browning
04-10-2015, 10:07 PM
Manning and Kaepernick are doing their very best to bring my opponent back into this. A TD from each would be nice...

Pleb
04-10-2015, 10:10 PM
How the fuck am I winning this? I'm leading by 11 points :serious:

elth
05-10-2015, 12:15 AM
Another week, another catastrophic loss.

Just can't survive in a competitive league with 3 or 4 of your top picks out. Hopefully next week Jeffrey returns and Foster's in gameday form, because otherwise my season's basically over.

Gray Fox
05-10-2015, 04:24 AM
State of play for me;

Phil Rivers did have a storming game, dragging me kicking and screaming right into contention. I was consistently about 10 points behind the whole night, right up to the point Larry Fitz fumbled and then an AP TD for him. Leaves the sit-rep like this.

https://gyazo.com/f9555705c6c4e027357858e93f96af0f.png

Put simply. I'm exactly 18 points down with Jimmy Graham to play. It's all but over. The 7 points swing in the above events has done me, really. I would have been right within my target. Still this guy has the 2nd best team in the league and is only ahead due to Freeman.

The sour note here is that I dropped Martellus Bennett in order to pick up Foster. He was due to play Jordan Reed. Had I still had Bennett I would only have been 5.3 back.

Browning
05-10-2015, 10:21 AM
My game is back on when I really should have put it to bed. None of his players have done anything but Manning and Kaep stunk out the joint and put him back in it. In theory though I should be safe. I'm up about 28 points with Wilson and Hauschka to come for him (protected 33 between them) and me having the Seattle DST. As long as Stafford keeps being a train wreck I'll move to 1-3 and have a chance to turn it around but given any other opponent would have put me to bed by now I don't think it's happening this year.

In my other league I've moved to 3-1 despite benching V Jax and lead by a mile with Tate and Haushka still to play while he's finished.

Pleb
05-10-2015, 12:29 PM
I'm behind by nine points :serious:

This is going to be tight.

Gray Fox
05-10-2015, 03:54 PM
So something has recalculated in my score and I'm now 19.9 points behind. It seems to have added a fumble to Murray.

Just went from an outside chance to 2-2 for the season now.

Browning
05-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Yea he did lose a fumble.

Gray Fox
05-10-2015, 09:01 PM
Oh well then. A career game needed from Graham then :arry:

Just noticed I have the 2nd highest score of the week so far too.

Gray Fox
06-10-2015, 04:20 AM
2.9 points from Graham and I've gone 2-2. I would have beaten anyone else in the league by at least 10 points and that's happened on both my losses.

There's now only one guy who is 4-0 and two who are 0-4. No idea what I'm doing on the waiver this week.

Browning
06-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Won in both leagues!! But the win in my main league is hollow as I posted the second lowest score of the season I think, only better than his.

Storming my other league easily.

Browning
06-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Fuck just seen Tannehill finished 4th in our match up. :D when you consider how big our rosters are that's insane. Only out scored by Garçon, Woodhead and Marshall.

Browning
06-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Mahow, would you hold on to Givens or bin him off? Im going to drop him if I can get Karlos who was insanely dropped by the guy who owns Shady. But it's unlikely as I'm 5th in priority. Failing that though does he have any value?

Gray Fox
06-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Guy saw me today and gave me an unlucky with a massive grin... Twat :D

I think I'm done with Graham. Might offer him and someone else(Lynch, McCoy?) for Gronk. Sods law is he's on the team of the inactive guy.

As for the Waiver rounds there's a few names I'm looking at.
Owen Daniels, because it's the Raiders. They love giving points away to tight ends and Peyton loves to throw.
Cairo Santos. Had a massive week last week and plays the Bears this week. However I have Bryant now and the Falcons are on fire. They play the Redskins too so I'd expect that to continue.
Was also looking at dropping the Bills D/ST but the only real improvement out there is the Rams and they play at the Packers this week. Rodgers doesn't throw picks :/

Browning
06-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Just seen that Karlos Williams may not play due to concussion, which is a spanner in the works. I have him in my line up in 1 league, and put in a claim for him in the other. If he goes, I'll play him in both if I can, but that's fairly annoying.

In the league where I'm smashing everyone I am tempted to not pick up a Safety at all, and then grab one on Monday Night if it's a close game. I don't want to part with Jones who is the only Dolphin worth a damn at the moment.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Givens is an interesting player tbh, it's hard to know exactly how he'll do in the Ravens offence.

I think each week he will either be boom or bust, like a less reliable Torrey Smith during his years. Flacco will love his speed and use him a lot as a deep threat which could give him great fantasy numbers.

I'd imagine that Givens will slot in as the number 2 behind Aiken whilst Smith is out.

It's hard to really judge tbh, Marlon Brown could be the main guy as he has great height/speed combo or Flacco might lean on Waller more who is an absolute mountain of a man.

Browning
06-10-2015, 06:34 PM
I think every single Raven's WR is available, except for Smith, if I want to replace Givens.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-10-2015, 06:39 PM
I'd personally go for either Givens or Aiken, they have the biggest upsides to them.

Marlon Brown and Darren Waller are too boom or bust.

Browning
06-10-2015, 06:59 PM
Yea, I'm happy to hold onto Givens and see how he does this week ,but if the opportunity to get Karlos comes up I may have to drop him. Sod's law I'll get Karlos and he'll stay injured and Givens will go off.

Gray Fox
06-10-2015, 07:01 PM
My opponent for this week has just traded Mariota away for Melvin Gordon. I'm wondering why?

Browning
06-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Well, Mariota's going to get raped by Buffalo, but who else does he have at QB?

Gray Fox
06-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Bills weren't too hot this week tbf so I was surprised. He has Taylor, Carr and Kap. Will post a full preview up in a minute.

Browning
06-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Week 5 match up as I look to move to 2-3 and actually have some hope will be against a guy who is 3-1 and storming it, despite not being fancied at the start. Despite that and my pathetic showing last week, I actually rate my chances:

QB- Peyton Manning and Alex Smith Vs Joe Flacco and Marcus Mariota

For once, I don't feel outmatched at QB. Manning has a fantastic match up that should see him have a shot at being a top 5 QB. I'd take Smith over Flacco too, possibly over Mariota... so, I'm liking it here.

RB- Justin Forsett and Danny Woodhead Vs Le'Veon Bell and TJ Yeldon

Bell is obviously the top dog and will hurt my chances a lot, but I'd take either of my 2 over Yeldon. I use Yeldon in my other league and he's just not that great. This is assuming he promotes Yeldon from the flex to RB because at the moment he has Shady there, and Shady won't play. He dropped Karlos for some reason, and I'm trying to get him.

WR- Julio Jones, Mike Evans and Allen Robinson Vs Jeremy Maclin, AJ Green and Golden Tate

Jones is obviously the best WR in the NFL right now. I wouldn't trade him for any player whatsoever. Green is a better option than Robinson BUT he faces Seattle which should hurt him. Tate is clearly the worst of the 6. Advantage me, I think.

TE- Delanie Walker Vs Rob Gronkowski

No contest, he thumps me here, but at least Walker somewhat nullifies Mariota if he can get anything going.

Flex- CJ Spiller and Pierre Garcon Vs LeGarrett Blount and Reuben Randle

That's who I'll assume he'll play here, currently it's Yeldon and Randle. I'd take both of mine over his by quite some way. Just hoping Spiller will show up. If I get Karlos and he is good to play, I'll put him in for Spiller most likely. Even if he doesn't play, picking him up seems worth it to stop him getting him back as Shady's hand cuff.

DST- Seattle Vs Philly

Legion of Boom need to bounce back and crush him.

Kickers- Santos and Tucker Vs Catanzaro and Vinatieri

My habit of changing my Kicker 2 every week continues, but unless he sucks I'll keep Santos purely for Wembley in 4 weeks.

Projections have me winning by 12 but that's with Shady in his line up. If he plugs in Blount that goes down to 5.

Other League:
QB- Manning and Ryan Vs Rivers and Cutler.
WR- Brown, Edelman and Maclin Vs Sanders, Hopkins and Larry Fitz
RB- Forte and Karlos Williams Vs D.Murray and Tre Mason
TE- Clay Vs Bennett
Flex- Vincent Jackson and TJ Yeldon Vs Megatron and Doug Baldwin
DST- Arizona Vs Buffalo
K- Tucker and Hauschka Vs Bailey and Gostkowski

Seems pretty comfortable to me, to the point where I'm considering not picking up a Safety to replace R.Jones (Miami) and just playing a man down, and grabbing one Monday Night if it's close. We'll see.

Gray Fox
06-10-2015, 08:01 PM
My match-up. Both of us are 2-2

https://gyazo.com/fcf0a249f88231bfaafd5d3cf9f1c7ae.png

I've got Rivers in because he has Gates in. Thomas is a no brainier against the Raiders. I want to bring Daniels in to play over Graham for the same reason, but I've no idea who to drop. Foster and Forsett as they are both at home to weaker defences. Larry Fitz, more so because of who Moncrief and Cooper match up against. The big decision here is Brees or Bradford. Both had good weeks last week and given they play each other this week, they are both facing a shit team. I've gone for Bradford as it's at home for him and the Saints like to give points to a QB.

Also available on Waivers are Mike Evans, both of the Allens at the Jaguars, the Rams and the Ravens D/ST, with Mike Vick there too.

Browning
06-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Bradford Vs Brees is a no brainer... it's Brees.

Graham's value is dropping but he's still a better play than Owen Daniels.

Personally I'd take Mike Evans or Allen Robinson over Amari Cooper. Even so, Thomas and Fitz are your starters.

Gray Fox
06-10-2015, 08:29 PM
I only want Daniels for the week, with the Broncos playing the Raiders. Opponent apparently has a few trade offers in, so we'll see who he ends up with. Brees and Bradford is still 50/50 in my head.

I'll probably cave on Sunday a few times and keep swapping. Having no Waivers is an odd feeling.

Browning
06-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Yea I haven't put in any waivers this week either. Genuinely don't think I can improve on my team. Will just settle for moving up the ladder.

Browning
06-10-2015, 08:31 PM
The problem with Daniels is manning only goes to him 2-3 times a game. If one is in the end zone great but the chances of him putting up a big fat zero are too high.

elth
07-10-2015, 01:36 AM
With Ebron hurt (and also Detroit's offense being a pile of cancer) I'm binning him.

Considered Daniels, but he's too boom or bust for me. 4-5 TDs a season isn't going to cut it if I'm getting 1-2 points every other week. Got waiver claims in for Crockett Gillmore, Richard Rodgers and Gary Barnidge; I'd say all three of those have a much better chance of doing something this week than Daniels, although Daniels is always a chance for the TD.

Pleb
07-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Is TY Hilton and/or Mike Evans worth a punt?

Yes it has come down to this.

Browning
07-10-2015, 05:21 PM
It's come down to 2 decent WRs?

That's not even half way down the barrel unless you're in a tiny, tiny league. Both were roughly 4th round picks in 8 team leagues.

Gray Fox
07-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Yeah those are 2 quite good options. They've just suffered through not putting out a big game yet. People understandably follow the big hitters week to week, but they'll likely get you a solid consistent 10 points or so.

A lot of activity in this weeks waiver. I wont bore you with all of them but will say my opponents. Cairo Santos, Duke Johnson Jr, Allen Hurns and New England D/ST picked up for, Carpenter, Crabtree, Derek Carr and Dion Lewis.

Other notable dropees include Jarvis Landry, Cincinnati D/ST, Keenan Allen and Martellus Bennett. Odd move of the day goes to the guy picking up Dez Bryant a whole 4 weeks before his estimated return in place of Landry.

Out of that lot only really Lewis and maybe Carr is of much interest to me. But I currently have 5 RBs and 3 QBs. Only way I'd realistically look to get in on it is with some trade action. Being No.3 for the next waiver round(behind only the inactive guy and the mostly inactive guy) means I could take my pick and be essentially guaranteed them.

Browning
07-10-2015, 10:48 PM
Picking up Dez Bryant for free is worth it, regardless of if he has to sit on him for 4 weeks. People were happy to draft Brady and wait 4 weeks for him. Dez is more valuable, and he's getting him at a lesser cost.

Gray Fox
08-10-2015, 04:18 AM
I'll have to keep a close eye on Romo then in case he makes a good recovery.

After being an idiot last week, Randle got dropped by his owner last night too. As did Tannehill, who has been an idiot for longer.

Pleb
08-10-2015, 06:31 PM
I'm projected to win week 5 127-20.

What in the actual fuck :D

Edit - Hilton came through the waivers by the way. Worth a punt?

Gray Fox
08-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Who are your other options?

Hilton is a good deal as the Texans defence just got destroyed and Indy have Luck, so he should see some good targets.

Browning
08-10-2015, 06:54 PM
No they don't. Hasselbeck is starting isn't he?

Gray Fox
08-10-2015, 07:43 PM
Been looking it up and Luck is down to throw pre-game to test it out, but likely to be benched.

Pleb
08-10-2015, 09:27 PM
My opponent has only two starting. Must be a glitch :baz:

Who are your other options?

Hilton is a good deal as the Texans defence just got destroyed and Indy have Luck, so he should see some good targets.
Mike Evans.

Gray Fox
08-10-2015, 09:38 PM
I'd go with Evans this week. Most likely not having Luck isn't worth the risk. He got 17 targets in Week 3 and his QB is fit and healthy, with a point to prove.

Plus Evans is a top 15 WR anyway.

EDIT: Luck being reportedly out of the game completely. I'm keeping an eye on Arian Foster news. I'll need a last minute switch if he's out.

Gray Fox
09-10-2015, 04:11 PM
8.8 points for Hilton. This week will tell you what you need to know about Evans. As for me I think it's time I moved on Moncrief. 1 good week does not a season make, but Johnson will surely be getting targets after 2TDs and they do play the Patriots next. Saved my ass in week 2 but it's time he moved on.
I've tried to get some Graham trades going but obviously people are a little reluctant as he slides down the rankings. Jordan Reed has been dropped, so I'll probably put in to drop Moncrief for him. Concussion injuries are always dodgy but he was seeing a lot of the ball before. It's not like Moncrief will be getting in ahead of Thomas, Fitz and Cooper any time soon any way. I could use a more targeted 4th WR to have in rotation.

Pleb
09-10-2015, 05:38 PM
So I dunno if my opponent is trying to double bluff me or he actually hasn't got a proper squad up yet. He's 1-3 :D

I got rid of Matthews for Evans Fox so he better be worth it :moop: I would stick with Graham personally his team's schedule seems alright but nothing drastic.

Gray Fox
09-10-2015, 06:23 PM
I'm assuming you mean Rishard Matthews, in which case that's probably a good move. See the NFL thread for how Tannehill is doing right now.

As for Graham. We know the Seahawks love to run the ball, however when they come to pass, the O-line is crumbling and forcing Wilson to run more than he should be. I wouldn't mind so much but Graham is probably the best target they have.

elth
10-10-2015, 10:26 AM
Graham's exotic numbers were a product of Drew Brees. He's only really a decent player. Wouldn't cut him or anything, he's still probably going to be a top 10 TE, but he's never going to get close to his best production again.

Had to absolutely scramble for a TE this week with Ebron and then Gillmore both being ruled out. Ended up going to Larry Donnell, which is a measure of how desperate things are in my league.

Gray Fox
10-10-2015, 11:36 AM
It's a little like the Murray situation at the Eagles. I expected his production to do down, but not that far down.

Reed has been ruled out now, so it's a good thing I couldn't pick him up. I wanted to drop Moncrief for him but couldn't as he's locked in from Thursdays game.

Browning
10-10-2015, 10:29 PM
So having missed out on Karlos Williams after someone with a better waiver claimed him, he's been dropped again as that guy picked up an IDP who is on bye week. What the fuck? Unfortunately I still won't get him as I found out a mate had also tried to claim him, and is going to claim him again. Fuck sake.

Pleb
10-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Is Eifert and Rodgers (that dude from Green Bay) worth playing together this week?

Browning
10-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Again, depends on your other options. I probably wouldn't play both, but neither is a bad play.

Gray Fox
11-10-2015, 01:11 AM
Who would you drop Williams for straight after picking him up? Always worth putting the claim in just in case.

Have a look at Randle. He's available in my league because people are worried he'll lose some snaps. He was explicitly told not to try to reach the ball over a crowd when near the end zone. He then did exactly that and got pulled from snaps.

Pleb
11-10-2015, 10:44 PM
I'm going 2-3 :moop:

Should of started the Packer's defense :face: unless Beckham gets injured I'm fucked.

Gray Fox
11-10-2015, 11:03 PM
My match is still in that 50/50 stage. I'm 26 points ahead with Larry Fitz and Thomas in play, though Fitz is playing in garbage time. He has Abdullah(who has been pulled for being shite) and the Pats D/ST.

Still to play for him however are Beckham jr, Kaep and Antonio Gates. I only have Rivers left. I need that gap out towards 30 by the end of this game.

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-10-2015, 11:13 PM
Injuries and byes fucked me hard in my first league but I should win my second league matchup despite having Hurns and Rawls on the bench.

Pleb
11-10-2015, 11:31 PM
The worst part is that I'm losing by .2 :serious:

Gray Fox
11-10-2015, 11:33 PM
The Patriots managed to take a pick and a sack in the 4th and have reduced the gap going into the final game, to exactly 23.4.

Realistically I'm going to need to be down by less than 10 to have a shot. Luckily it is Rivers and Gates tomorrow, so a big game for Gates gives points straight back to me. Ideally I need Kaep and Beckham jr to get a combined total of between 25-30.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-10-2015, 07:37 AM
Hyde doing something and Stafford doing nothing has left the door wide open in my first league now.

5.91 points behind , he has Heath Miller to play and I have Keenan Allen and Melvin Gordon to play.

In my second league I am 8.22 points ahead with Antonio Brown to play vs his Heath Miller.

Gray Fox
12-10-2015, 10:03 AM
Well that went about as bad as it could. 18 points for Beckham and 20 for Kaepernick. I'm now 15.7 points behind with my Rivers to play his Gates.

I was actually feeling pretty confident when I went to bed. Still at least I'll get a high waiver pick...

Browning
12-10-2015, 11:50 AM
Don't worry I got smashed again and am now 1-4. I just suck at this this year, although injuries have crippled me. Kaepernick is a cunt. He plays well every time I bench him.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-10-2015, 04:33 PM
My first league is a dynasty league with a total of 14 teams, there are a total of 25 roster spots (and a further 10 for reserve for injuries etc.) as such it's rare that anyone of any value is available on the waiver wire.

I scooped up Chancadarick (or however you spell his name) West as soon as Charles was injured (constant FA) but there is someone else.

Jamison Crowder is an interesting guy who has a lot of upside. He has become Cousins's favourite target all of a sudden, with eight targets this past week resulting in 8 catches for 87 yards. He wasn't really involved in the first two games but he is tied for the most targets on the team but he has the most catches and yards. I've also just read that he has had more than 20% of the total targets thrown at him.

However I really don't know who to drop for him, the list is Cody Latimer, Antonio Andrews, Dri Archer, Christine Michael, Branden Oliver, De'Anthony Thomas, Marlon Brown or Maxx Williams.

The problem is that it's a dynasty league and it seems to have legs. Latimer is a former second round draft pick who could take off, Andrews appears to be set to take the Titans backfield job after a good showing last week, Dri Archer has a lot of potential, Christine Michael is an injury away from two injury prone runners from stealing the Cowboy job, Branden Oliver showed a lot of promise last year, De'Anthony Thomas could be huge if the Chiefs utilise him, Marlon Brown could be a potential favourite target for Flacco showing glimpses of that during his rookie year and Maxx Williams is a high draft pick this year for the Ravens.

It's hard to know what exactly I should do.

Pleb
12-10-2015, 07:15 PM
The Packers got 24 points :serious: I'm fucking seething...

Gray Fox
12-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Mahow If I were you I'd be dropping one in the 'has potential' category. You want points here and now and as many as you can get. Seems like one hell of a deep league though.
Pleb Did you really lose by 0.2 points?

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-10-2015, 10:50 PM
My game plan from the start (last year) has been to build for the future though and it's tough to choose which potential guy to drop.

Although I'm leaning towards Dri Archer.

Gray Fox
12-10-2015, 10:55 PM
Building for the future is good, but grabbing a guy along the way with hot hands helps you here and now. Saying that, if you're doing well in the league already, it might be worth holding fire.

Pleb
12-10-2015, 10:55 PM
Pleb Did you really lose by 0.2 points?
No in the end I lost by 45 points #raging

At one point I was losing by .2 :moop:

Browning
12-10-2015, 10:56 PM
Mahow, is Mosley going to get it together? Close to dropping him for someone who can actually tackle...

Gray Fox
12-10-2015, 11:27 PM
I'e accepted defeat so looking at waivers this week I'm faced with an issue at RB. Which is fucking stupid because I have 5 of them. McCoy sounds like he's out until November, L.Murray is on his bye week, Forsett picked up an injury and Lynch is 50/50. I really only have 1 fit RB.
The only waiver option is Rawls, but he becomes a wasted pick if Lynch returns.
I'm going to offer Jimmy Graham to the Hawks fan in exchange for DeMarco. He's had Murray benched since week 1 and has Freeman with AP and Martin for back up. While his TE(Daniels) scored a big fat 0 this week. I'll then look to bring Barnidge off the waiver.

If that fails to go through I'm still picking up Barnidge because he's got the hot hands and my TE output is pathetic through Graham.

WR is interesting too. I'm offloading Moncrief and there's a few prospects there. Evans, Landry, Jeffery, Robinson, Decker, Golden Tate and Cooks are all there. Our of those I'd go for Robinson or Decker I think.

That leaves me with my last 2 issues. The Bills have been shite in defence. Looking at swapping them for Cincinnati. And lastly. Who the hell do I drop if I pick up a RB?

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-10-2015, 11:46 AM
Mahow, is Mosley going to get it together? Close to dropping him for someone who can actually tackle...

Yes, he will.

Browning
13-10-2015, 11:52 AM
My QB situation is dire once again this week. I should have kept Bortles in hindsight. Got to choose between Smith against Minnesota or Kaepernick against the Ravens. Best I could pick up would be Hoyer.

I've grabbed Aiken this morning but might try and swap him for Hankerson when his waiver expires. Or do you actually think Aiken could be worth a start?

The last time I won the championship in this league I started 1-4 as well, but my team just looks and feels like garbage.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-10-2015, 12:13 PM
Aiken is worth a start, especially if Smith is out again.

Kaepernick could be worth a roll seeing as how decimated our secondary is.

Jimmy Smith and Webb are carrying knocks, we've just brought in Shareece Wright (who was cut by the Niners) and then rookies to cover.

Gray Fox
13-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Roll with Kaep against the Ravens. The Ravens don't really have a secondary to speak of right now and Smith almost guarantees no TDs.

The guy seemed quite interested in the trade with Graham and Murray, though that will leave me with 6 RBs. Something I'll have to fix.

Elsewhere, the only guy still to win a game (0-5 now) also has Gronk. He's now saying he'll move him and Wilson on, because it's clearly not working. A few of us have made 'take anyone you want' offers for Gronk. He's told me he'd probably want Brees and Bradford or Lynch for him.
I'd like to see what he's trying to steal of other people too.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Roll with Kaep against the Ravens. The Ravens don't really have a secondary to speak of right now and Smith almost guarantees no TDs.

The guy seemed quite interested in the trade with Graham and Murray, though that will leave me with 6 RBs. Something I'll have to fix.

Elsewhere, the only guy still to win a game (0-5 now) also has Gronk. He's now saying he'll move him and Wilson on, because it's clearly not working. A few of us have made 'take anyone you want' offers for Gronk. He's told me he'd probably want Brees and Bradford or Lynch for him.
I'd like to see what he's trying to steal of other people too.

The secondary has just got better though and Mosely (who had his worst game as a Raven) will be determined to put things right against the Niners.

Charles James, Shareece Wright and Asa Jackson have all come in to help. With Wright having just been released by the Niners so he will have a chip on his shoulder.

Pleb
13-10-2015, 11:53 PM
I don't want to drop Forsett but if push comes to shove who should I go for?

DeMarco Murray should be coming back through the waivers hopefully.

Gray Fox
14-10-2015, 12:00 AM
You have to hope so I guess. Ravens can't really afford to be going 1-5. It's a long way back even with a win.

The Graham for Murray deal just got rejected to I've had to put a claim in for Barnidge. Decker and Robinson are backups incase that falls through. Though I do have the 3rd spot on the waiver. Ideally I'd bring in Barnidge and Decker but I just can't pick one of those RBs to get rid of.
If it was a trade, great, but all out drop, I just can't do it. Victor Cruz just got dropped too. I think people are starting to stack now in the hope of getting good trades. The Gronk guy looks like the one to start the merry-go-round.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-10-2015, 06:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000556735/article/cowboys-michael-collins-to-see-firstteam-reps

:eyemouth:

I guess Michael might not even need an injury to take the Cowboys job.

Gray Fox
14-10-2015, 10:33 PM
There was a temptation to swap the injured McCoy for Randle, though now I've seen that I may hold off.

I need to make a trade or two. I have 5 RBs(All of whom are looking like missing this week bar Foster) but only 3 WRs. One of them is Demaryius Thomas too, who is suffering under Mannings wobbles. But I've no idea where I should be aiming. With there only being 9 people, there's good back ups at most teams, so offering trades is hard to know where to start.

Gray Fox
15-10-2015, 11:22 PM
Week 6 match-up is spoilered below.
https://gyazo.com/a567841d32e2ba2446ea9cd96704f47f.png

This is not a good week for me. Tough matches for all 3 of my QBs, while he has Brady at the Colts. I have a headache at RB, despite all the talent I have there, as the only fit one I have is on a bye week. Manning being shaky this year is affecting Thomas. He's yet to get 14 points in a game and worse still is questionable. With only 2 of my 3 WRs available this week, that Q is a worry. I'd drop someone for a waiver claim WR, but there's no one really out there and who would I drop?

I'm already expecting the loss here, which is a worry for me. It will move me to 2-4 and keep me right near that one dreaded place that doesn't make the play offs.

Pleb
15-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Big Ben is off the IR list. He might be back next week :drool:
Mahow is Flacco worth picking over Tannehill and more importantly will he start? :sherlock:

Gray Fox
16-10-2015, 12:11 AM
You should be dumping Tannehill for almost anyone you can get about now.

Flacco seems to love running in TDs at the minute too. Plus Ravens are playing the 49ers. Get Flacco.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2015, 12:27 AM
What he said.

Plus Forsett might be out so we might be more inclined to pass.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2015, 02:58 AM
I so wish that the standard NFL leagues had flex spots with TE's included.

I've got Gronk AND Eifert right now in a league.

Gray Fox
16-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Mine does. But who needs either of them when you have Gary Barnidge?

Julio Jones has just been placed on the trade block. :sherlock: Guy notes that he wants RBs.

EDIT 2: Made a hopeful trade offer for AJ Green, yesterday. The guy rejected but counter offered wanting Larry Fitz and Graham for him. I'm not letting Larry go, but a deal could well be done here.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Glad Ryan added that garbage time TD, I needed that.

I have 5 RB's in one of my teams, Gurley and Michael are on a bye, Yeldon and Forsett haven't participated in practice thus far and Lynch should be back meaning Rawls is useless now.

Fun times.

Oh and I need to drop someone as my only defence is on a bye.

http://i.imgur.com/kTG5SSP.png

Might just roll with no defence this week, shouldn't be too bad.

Pleb
16-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Week 6 squad/season update:

So here's my squad this week...:

QB: J.Flacco
RB: DeMarco Murray
RB: Robert Hillman
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Willie Snead (5.5)
TE: Tyler Eifert
RB/WR/TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: GB. Packers

Bench: Big Ben
Bench: Justin Forsett
Bench: TY Hilton
Bench: Richard Rodgers
Bench: Dustin Hopkins
Bench: Vikings Defense/ST

Snead was a bit of a risk but 5.5 points this week will do. Hillman, Eifert and the Packers are on a bye week next week so I feel there positions are covered if Forsett's injury doesn't get worse than first feared otherwise I might have to look hard for a decent RB option (:moop:). Saying that Hilton may prove to be a problem neext week if he keeps having groin issues >_>

So this season has been fun (:baz:) at times. I'm currently sixth overall out of eight with a 2-3 record but got a divisional record of 2-1 that might save me from slipping out of the playoff picture all together...hopefully (I'm third in the division). Big Ben coming off the IR list may just help me this season if he gets both of his fucking knees back.

If anyone is interested I could always set up a 8-man H2H redraft league for TTH from next season :sherlock:

Browning
16-10-2015, 06:16 PM
There's already one set up I can renew at any time but there was no demand this year. If people want to try next year I'm happy to do it.

Gray Fox
16-10-2015, 10:04 PM
Yeah there's only the 5ish of us that play with an interest in it. You'd need about double that, really.

Someone just traded Megatron for Travis Benjamin in my league. Meanwhile I'm trying to get the guy with JJ on trade block to talk to me.
I've not responded to the AJ Green offer, because Fitz is my best WR. I was tempted to counter offer with Amari Cooper instead(Graham too), but I'm not so sure.

Gray Fox
17-10-2015, 11:42 PM
In 'talks' with the owner of Jones now. Giving it the FM agent spiel("I want you to know I'm also in talks for Gronk."). He wants Gary Barnidge as part of any deal, probably with a running back included. I have Lynch, Foster, Forsett, McCoy and L.Murray.

Considering my WRs are Thomas, Fitz and Cooper. Would this be worth it?

Oh and I'm considering offering a straight swap, Thomas for AJ Green.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-10-2015, 11:45 PM
If it's for Latavius I'd be all over that.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-10-2015, 12:07 AM
For those with Forsett, it doesn't look good.

We've signed up a RB from the practice squad.

Gray Fox
18-10-2015, 12:27 AM
Well, shit. Just a 1 week thing?

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-10-2015, 12:28 AM
I'd assume so, he was touch and go to play this week after all.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-10-2015, 12:29 AM
Also, if anyone is looking for a WR.

Kamar Aiken.

We only have 3 WR's who aren't listed on the injury report this week so he could be in for a lot of fucking targets.

Gray Fox
18-10-2015, 12:30 AM
Oh good. I was hoping it wasn't a set back.

Shady/Lynch coming back is good, but both will probably be limited, so I expect to be a bit down on RB points this week.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-10-2015, 12:42 AM
A bit down, look at my fucking screenshot a few posts up.

I'm pretty fucked in terms of who to play/who to drop to pick up players to play.

Gray Fox
18-10-2015, 12:45 AM
Are you at least playing someone who's 0-5?

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-10-2015, 01:12 AM
4-1 :uhoh:

He's rolling with:

QB: Alex Smith
RB: Dion Lewis, Melvin Gordon
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Larry Fitzgerald
TE: Jimmy Graham
FLEX: Brandon Marshall
K: Brandon McManus
DEF: Denver Broncos.

I'm fucked tbh, I might just take it as red that I will lose.

Gray Fox
18-10-2015, 01:42 AM
Yeah there's always next week. :sick:

Pleb
18-10-2015, 04:37 PM
My squad appears to be locked this week even before the Sunday and Monday games have begun :cab:

Must be a glitch or I've forgot to login (:baz:/:face:). Thank fuck I've benched Forsett.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-10-2015, 06:16 PM
Decided to cut the Rams for the Titans and Martavis Bryant for Antonio Andrews.

Just my luck that the Dolphins are looking crazy hot :\

Gray Fox
18-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Gary fucking Barnidge you beautiful man.

I swapped McCoy in at the last minute for Lynch. Couldn't risk waiting for the late game. All that's lacking now is my WRs picking up points.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-10-2015, 07:03 PM
ofc Bryant scores on his first game back :\

I should have just accepted defeat.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Went for Mariota instead of Alex Smith in my other league too :face:

Pleb
18-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Forsett is probable :drool:

Gray Fox
18-10-2015, 07:41 PM
I'm in the accepting defeat boat now too. I was about 30 points ahead through most of this, but now Fitzpatrick and Hopkins have cut that back.

He still has Brady, Gore, Ertz and Patriots D/ST against my Sam Bradford...

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-10-2015, 07:44 PM
He's active, as is Steve Smith :eyemouth:

Gray Fox
18-10-2015, 07:46 PM
And now Forte? Pack it all in now ffs.

Pleb
18-10-2015, 07:52 PM
I'm risking it lads. The scenes if Forsett scores big.

Gray Fox
18-10-2015, 08:04 PM
I could swap out Bradford for Rivers or Forsett at FLEX because fuck it, I've lost already.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Martavis Bryant :moop:

Gray Fox
19-10-2015, 09:09 AM
I completely missed the part when Rivers got 28 points on my bench. Excellent stuff.

Had I played him and not Brees, it'd be 21 points behind. But it's now 33 points. Bradford might have just about clawed the 21 back, but 33 points, no.

Browning
19-10-2015, 11:29 AM
My team got it together and scored 230 points with almost everyone getting a TD....

Still lost.

Pleb
19-10-2015, 11:36 AM
Leading by 20+ points :cool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-10-2015, 01:10 PM
22.8 down in my first league with Jordan Matthews to play.

My defence have killed it :moop:

I've lost my second league, and even worse, I dropped Martavis Bryant before the games.

Gray Fox
19-10-2015, 01:36 PM
I'm not overly concerned yet. Apart from the week Brees and Romo went down to injury, I've scored just over 100pts each time.

So far I've been going the consistent scorers route. It's working as I planned, as my team now gets 10-15 points per player. I just keep running into players getting 25+ for the other team. The kicker and D/ST situation is costing me some points, but the Rams are on the waiver list, with Miami so I'll be able to pick one of them up. As is Bailey after his bye week. I'm still 3rd on the waiver list so I essentially am guaranteed my 1st pick.

I might well have Julio Jones going into the next game, but that depends on the offer I get. I play the league average next and really can't afford to lose. The 2 guys below me (both 1-5 now) will be playing the top 2 teams in the league and I need to move some game clear.

Pleb
20-10-2015, 10:36 AM
The owner of my league has dropped out of his own league :D

He's on a 1-5 record #blatentmeltdown #seethe #taz

Browning
20-10-2015, 10:43 AM
I would drop out of mine if it wouldn't ruin it for everyone else. It's no fun being 1-5 especially when everything's gone against you. Someone I've outscored 4 weeks out of 6 is sitting on a 3-3 record and a play off spot.

Pleb
20-10-2015, 03:43 PM
So all of my TE are on a bye week and the WR situation is still my curse this season :moop:

Gray Fox
20-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Been offered a trade. Green Bay and Doug Baldwin for Lynch and Graham. Then another, Witten and Cobb for Thomas and Barnidge.

Apparently trading season has opened.

I'm playing league average this week, so I've not got to worry about cancelling out other players.

Browning
21-10-2015, 12:54 PM
A guy in my league has dropped Hoyer and McCown rather than fleecing me while Manning is on bye and Kaep is a no go against Seattle. My current QBs are Smith, Jones and Foles but I'm trying to drop the last two for those 2. Which 2 should I start do you think?

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-10-2015, 05:55 PM
I was 5th in the waivers but none of the 4 ahead of me decided Martavis Bryant was a goer (or they are inactive), so I've been able to sweep him back up.

Gray Fox
21-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Hoyer @ Dolphins. McClown @ Rams, Smith v Steelers.

To be honest Browning as daft as it sounds, I'd play Kaep and Hoyer. Kaep is playing for his future and looks good his past 2 weeks. Whereas the Rams are a good defence and Smith is always unlikely to throw TDs. The Steelers are one of the better teams this year too.
Mahow That's a good steal there. Unfortunately people are stashing all over the place in my league and he's been on someone's bench(including for last week). I've been trying to offer big deals for Brown, in anticipation of Big Ben coming back, as his numbers have been low under Vick. Unfortunately the guy who has him isn't really lacking anywhere.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-10-2015, 06:50 PM
Hoyer @ Dolphins. McClown @ Rams, Smith v Steelers.

To be honest Browning as daft as it sounds, I'd play Kaep and Hoyer. Kaep is playing for his future and looks good his past 2 weeks. Whereas the Rams are a good defence and Smith is always unlikely to throw TDs. The Steelers are one of the better teams this year too.
Mahow That's a good steal there. Unfortunately people are stashing all over the place in my league and he's been on someone's bench(including for last week). I've been trying to offer big deals for Brown, in anticipation of Big Ben coming back, as his numbers have been low under Vick. Unfortunately the guy who has him isn't really lacking anywhere.
I had him stashed until last week when I needed a RB :moop:

The RB I picked up only got 2.5 points as well.

Gray Fox
21-10-2015, 08:18 PM
I had him stashed until last week when I needed a RB :moop:

The RB I picked up only got 2.5 points as well.

At least you got him back. By the sounds of it you would have lost anyway right?

Managed to snag both the Rams and Bailey. Looks like the guy with Jones doesn't want him gone any more. He's taken him off his trade block. I'm trying to make some big deals but it just doesn't look likely. Looking about the only notable dropee is Cutler. If I want a WR, Jeffrey and Landry are both in FA now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Only by a couple of points.

So, had I used him and picked up a capable RB...

Browning
21-10-2015, 11:05 PM
I don't think I can realistically start Kaep against Seattle, especially when considering I have the Seattle defense. They'd basically nullify eachother whichever way it went, so best hope is to play them and not him, and hope they rape him.

That and it being on Thursday, so it's before I actually know whether I've got Hoyer or McCown or both.

Probably going to start Hoyer, McCown, Smith in that order. If I somehow miss out on BOTH Hoyer and McCown (which is unlikely as I'm 3rd and the guy in 1st for Waivers really has no need of a QB) then I'd be torn between Foles and Jones. I'd probably play Kaep over them but it'll be too late.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Kaep is an awful play this week.

They're able to completely nullify him.

Gray Fox
22-10-2015, 04:28 AM
There's no better time than now. Like I say it sounds weird, but the Hawks are in a slump and Kaep is playing well with something to prove.

Although yeah, it's probably best not to play your QB against your defence.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-10-2015, 01:01 PM
There's no better time than now. Like I say it sounds weird, but the Hawks are in a slump and Kaep is playing well with something to prove.

Although yeah, it's probably best not to play your QB against your defence.

He's not really tbh.

He was alright against the Giants and then great against the sloppy Ravens who are trying to show average/shit QB's as world beaters.

175 yards to Peyton
351 yards to Derek Carr
383 yards to Dalton
124 yards to Vick
457 yards to McCown
340 yards to Kaepernick.

Kaepernick in 5 games against the Seahawks has thrown 7 picks and only 3 TD's. He's also only scored one rushing TD against the Seahawks (a game in which he rushed for 151 yards) and has lost 2 fumbles.

Gray Fox
22-10-2015, 03:07 PM
He'll play well tonight I tells ya!

In news for me, someone came up to me in work, telling me he wants Lynch and Graham. I told him that I'd want Andrew Luck and he seems interested. I've also revieved a trade offer of DeMarco Murray for Graham. I'd like to take both here but obviously I can't. I'm going to try and get him to give up Luck for Lynch and maybe Sam Bradford, then swap Graham for Murray. I can then pick up a FA WR and be pretty good all round.