PDA

View Full Version : News of the day

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

Pepe
02-11-2023, 01:46 PM
Microaggressions, probably.

These are their DEMANDS:

We DEMAND an Office for Black Student Development. This office should have ample funding to increase Black student’s enrollment, retention, completion, graduation, and successful transfer. This office should have a full-time coordinator whose job description is developed with formal input from the Black Student Union and other Black-identifying organizations on campus.
The university hires a Development Officer whose sole responsibility is around raising funds for Black Students recruitment and retention efforts. This Development Officer should work directly with Black Student Union and Multicultural Student Services. The Development Officer should be granted access to the university’s largest donors so that they may aid in efforts to fundraise for scholarships for Black students.
The creation of a Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) exchange program, which would invite Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) students to XXXX and for current undergraduate students to attend Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
The establishment of bi-annual Campus Climate Meetings focusing on Black campus life mandated through the Vice President for Equity & Inclusive Excellence and the Office of the Provost as an avenue for accountability to issues and concerns raised by Black students, staff, faculty, and community in the greater Lewisburg Area.
The creation of at least one XXXX University Endowed Chair in every academic department with demonstrated research and teaching focused on issues of relevance to Black lives and culture with structural analysis, and demonstrated experience of training, mentoring and service in these areas. The hires or appointments must be approved by a special committee of faculty that will be identified by the Black Student Union.
We demand historically Black Greek Letter Organizations have physical representations on campus like plots, benches, or trees.
We demand administration to include questions about racial climate of classrooms in end-of-semester course evaluations with a corresponding annual report to be released to the entire XXXX community.
We demand that there be more housing options for Black students on campus aside from 7th Street House.
We demand that the XXXX Student Government see to the creation and implementation of a Black Student Affairs Committee. This committee should function separately from the Diversity Affairs Congressional Committee and be endowed with organizational rights similar to that of other Congressional Committees.
We demand that the XXXX Student Government see to the permanent appointment of a member of the Black Student Union to the BSG Finance Committee. This appointed member should be endowed with committee rights no different than that of other members and should be selected with the input of the Black Student Union Executive Board.

Yevrah
02-11-2023, 01:46 PM
Another apology.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67296157

This time for dressing as Johnny Depp and Amber Heard.

In a now-deleted post, Hampshire was seen styled as Depp, with drawn-on facial hair and tattoos, while her friend screwed up her face in mock distress as the actor's ex-wife.

Hampshire, who played Stevie Budd in sitcom Schitt's Creek, described the costume as "one of the most thoughtless, insensitive, and ignorant things" she had ever done.

Yevrah
02-11-2023, 01:47 PM
Microaggressions, probably.

These are their DEMANDS:

Does the Black Student Union ever clash with the err...White Student Union? Or should that be non-black or is there a union for each skin colour?

Pepe
02-11-2023, 01:56 PM
The whole thing is pretty lol. More housing for black students? You are allowed to live anywhere. Oh, you mean housing ONLY for black students?

Lewis
02-11-2023, 01:58 PM
You're leaving the country soon, so bowl along and point out that about ninety per cent of your university's blacks wouldn't be there if the place selected purely on academic merit.

Spikey M
02-11-2023, 01:59 PM
Imaging spending all that time fighting apartheid, only for your grandkids to turn around and fight to have it back.

Jimmy Floyd
02-11-2023, 01:59 PM
I've learned over the years that when you see things about 'whiteness' and 'blackness' it doesn't really mean the colours, it means order and chaos.

Pepe
02-11-2023, 02:11 PM
You're leaving the country soon, so bowl along and point out that about ninety per cent of your university's blacks wouldn't be there if the place selected purely on academic merit.

I have class at the same time.

Boydy
02-11-2023, 02:38 PM
Where are you moving to, Pepe?

Pepe
02-11-2023, 02:42 PM
France :eyemouth:

Lofty
02-11-2023, 02:44 PM
Unlucky.

Bernanke
02-11-2023, 03:33 PM
I dodged that bullet.

Jimmy Floyd
02-11-2023, 03:42 PM
Unless you're moving to the middle of Lyon or those projects at the top of the hill in Marseille, France is a fantastic country.

Spikey M
02-11-2023, 03:53 PM
Unlucky.

He's currently working at an American University. France is like paradise compared to that. Even our shithole is.

Pepe
02-11-2023, 04:20 PM
Unless you're moving to the middle of Lyon or those projects at the top of the hill in Marseille, France is a fantastic country.

Rennes is the plan.

Pepe
02-11-2023, 04:21 PM
He's currently working at an American University. France is like paradise compared to that. Even our shithole is.

An American University in a small town in the middle of rural Pennsylvania. It's boring as fuck.

Shindig
02-11-2023, 07:20 PM
French with a Mexican accent must sound amazing.

Offshore Toon
03-11-2023, 01:26 PM
Rennes is the plan.
Day trip to Jersey on the cards. :cool:

niko_cee
03-11-2023, 01:45 PM
I was going to say he'll only be a short train and boat ride from Jersey.

You could meet in the middle in St Malo.

Pepe
03-11-2023, 02:05 PM
Day trip to Jersey on the cards. :cool:

Next summer I am there.

phonics
03-11-2023, 06:20 PM
As someone who knows alot of french people, they are wildly anti-semitic but this is mad

Jimmy Floyd
03-11-2023, 06:33 PM
The whole of greater Marseille is going to be banged up before dawn then and l'état will be about 750 billion euros richer.

phonics
03-11-2023, 10:35 PM
Sometimes you see a headline that just makes you proud to be British.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/270326079648956433/1170127903418228766/IMG_7705.png

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-11-2023, 10:52 PM
It's been covered.

Lofty
03-11-2023, 10:57 PM
The Gimp of Cleeve gets a reprieve.

niko_cee
04-11-2023, 09:33 AM
Crisps wading in again.

:cool:

Yevrah
04-11-2023, 09:50 AM
Was the march against the Iraq war a hate march? The rules of engagement here make absolutely no sense.

Luke Emia
04-11-2023, 06:29 PM
I see Suella has said now that homeless people can't live in tents... She really is a fucking awful person.

Ben
04-11-2023, 06:55 PM
Evil woman. Absolutely no interest in tackling the root cause.

niko_cee
04-11-2023, 06:58 PM
We need to address the issue of homelessness in this country. No longer should we find it acceptable to see people living in tents on the streets . . .

So let's ban it!

Oh.

A stain on the middle temple.

phonics
04-11-2023, 08:35 PM
The whole concept is so evil that you almost miss the part where she slips in being homeless as a lifestyle choice.

Lewis
04-11-2023, 08:38 PM
Hull had a tent city for a while and the council closed it down on the grounds that it was a lifestyle choice. There were enough beds for them to have somewhere to sleep at night, but the beds tended to come with conditions like you can't shoot up in the rooms or roll in at half-three, so the people throwing tents around were hardly helping them.

Don
06-11-2023, 05:27 PM
It's a shame the Palestine lot are organising themselves at Hyde Park rather than Trafalgar Square (down the road from THE CENOTAPH) but going off the early social media activity and phone-ins, we're in for some tremendous interactions all the way up to and including Sunday. The fall of the Gammonati is a beautiful thing.

Baz
07-11-2023, 03:31 PM
This smoking ban sounds good. Anyone who is currently under 14 will never be allowed to buy cigarettes, from what I gather, even when they’re 18+.

Dunno how it affects anyone who is currently 14+ though.

Spikey M
07-11-2023, 03:37 PM
They all vape anyway. Pointless gesture politics.

Don
09-11-2023, 12:45 AM
Nothing new or particularly sensational but worth being aware of nontheless.

Spikey M
09-11-2023, 07:52 AM
"Pro-Palestinian protester says Pro-Palestinian protesters are a great bunch of lads"

Ben
09-11-2023, 08:17 AM
On that topic, how's this lunatic still in a job?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67364745

Shindig
09-11-2023, 08:21 AM
Diversity quotas.

Spikey M
09-11-2023, 08:27 AM
Not really. They keep employing minorities in these jobs because white people wouldn't get away with it. So they put a brown face in front of the camera to say it, then it's just evil, rather than racist.

Yevrah
09-11-2023, 08:37 AM
It's a solid tactic, but presumably she actually believes this stuff herself?

Shindig
09-11-2023, 08:38 AM
I mean, she's clearly a Tolkien-esque goblin. She wants nothing to do with the human race.

Boydy
09-11-2023, 08:38 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/nov/08/tory-insiders-suggest-suella-braverman-trying-to-get-sacked

I think this seems likely.

As well as her being a massive cunt, obvs.

Jimmy Floyd
09-11-2023, 08:46 AM
She wants to become the leader of whatever laughable shell is left of the party after the election, a shell that will become no less laughable, I must stress, with her at the helm.

Ben
09-11-2023, 08:52 AM
She's building a reputation as a Farage type and we all know how well those type of parties get on in general elections. Crack on.

Spikey M
09-11-2023, 08:57 AM
She's building a reputation as a Farage type and we all know how well those type of parties get on in general elections. Crack on.

But again, her skin colour plays in her favour. The Daily Express / Mail readers are safe to agree with her because it can't be racist. It's a solid strategy. She's not going to be Prime Minister or anything, but she could give the Far Right a boost.

Jimmy Floyd
09-11-2023, 08:58 AM
There's also the fact that British Indians are increasingly right wing, in line with what's going on in the mother country. You'll see some 'confusing' results in areas with high Hindu pops next election.

Spikey M
09-11-2023, 09:03 AM
I need a new Adam Curtis documentary on all this. Nothing really makes sense anymore and I'm pretty sure it's deliberate.

Yevrah
09-11-2023, 09:07 AM
I need a new Adam Curtis documentary on all this. Nothing really makes sense anymore and I'm pretty sure it's deliberate.

I was chatting to a mate on this very subject the other day - we both came to the conclusion that if it is deliberate, who is pulling the strings and how can they be doing it so effectively in what otherwise is a sea of incompetence everywhere you look?

Spikey M
09-11-2023, 09:19 AM
It's just "divide and rule", isn't it. Keep the plebs angry, keep them confused.

Don't take the incompetence at face value. They have undertaken a huge wealth transfer at all of our expense and the plebs are arguing on the daily about whether men can identify as women while they do so. I don't think that's incompetence at all.

Jimmy Floyd
09-11-2023, 09:22 AM
There's no conspiracy, it's just that when you're at that end of society (or seriously aspire to be) your instincts are very different to people of modest means. Inequality is not rising either, it just makes people feel good to assume that it is.

Plebs are angry because they have access to more information than ever before but don't really know what to do with it.

Yevrah
09-11-2023, 09:23 AM
It's just "divide and rule", isn't it. Keep the plebs angry, keep them confused.

Don't take the incompetence at face value. They have undertaken a huge wealth transfer at all of our expense and the plebs are arguing on the daily about whether men can identify as women while they do so. I don't think that's incompetence at all.

Clearly not, but it's at odds with everything else that seems to happen in government at the moment where rank incompetence is endemic (I know it wouldn't just be government making this play, but they'd be a part of it).

Jimmy Floyd
09-11-2023, 09:33 AM
The government's issue is that the governing party ran out of talent ages back (probably when Cameron went) and so a small section of one particular party, with very few competent individuals, has been at the tiller since. This has massively narrowed their horizons compared even to the 2010-15 government and also demotivated the civil service who are the people who make things actually happen. They have ceased to be a national party as they were until 2016, and started to be the party of white reactionaries and Hindu nationalists. This version of the Tories should by rights have been chucked out in the election subsequent to 2015, but we've had two since then and because the opposition leader in both was the most useless, dangerous, treacherous cunt they could possibly have chosen, they somehow got away with it. Finally they will go next time in a massive landslide and it will be deserved, and actually the last 5 years will have cost them any chance of getting in for the next twenty.

The same thing will eventually happen to Labour. They will hope that they have enough talent to get them through three winning cycles again and make substantial changes. Keir Starmer is a twat so the leader after him will be more important I think.

niko_cee
09-11-2023, 10:04 AM
The problem I have with the Grauniad analysis is the idea that you would want

to woo the party’s hard-right base

To the extent that they have one, which I'm not really convinced by unless we now categorise all people over 55 as likely fascists, what is the point of salting the earth to get the gig as first leader of the opposition? The most ill-fated job in politics, and if the base is HARD RIGHT, are they going to be voting for a non-white anyway, even if they seem to say the right things?

Couldn't you achieve the same by just wearing a piece of clothing as worn by Mrs Thatcher, without the need for any of the policy awkwardness?

It more smacks of muddled thinking, by people who don't really have any ideological beliefs, just saying any old shit to try to stay ahead in the media cycle, whilst probably being well aware the whole thing is going down.

Jimmy Floyd
09-11-2023, 10:19 AM
'Hard-right base' is such a misunderstanding of the UK population, or that of any country really, that could only come from a paper as blinkered as the Graun.

A lot of people like their country and don't like the fact that it has changed over their lifetimes. Some of that is delusion or the ageing process obvs, but it's still what they think and feel, it doesn't make them all 'hard-right', as if Oswald Mosley is back and marching through the streets of Harpenden.

Don
09-11-2023, 10:21 AM
Phoneins on 5Live in the mornings are truly essential listening these days (someone's just called to make the very strong point he's never sold a poppy to a muzzy). Such vitriol from all quarters. The times they are a changing. Keep positive by recognising the youth are on the right side. The old gammons who are in power are coming to an end and the future is bright.

Spikey M
09-11-2023, 10:29 AM
The youth are an absolute bunch of fannies, let's not be silly now.

Don
09-11-2023, 10:49 AM
That's such an easy cop-out but don't get it twisted, their awareness and eagerness highlights the inertia of preceding generations, ours very much included. What we're seeing is greater resistance from them but also, crucially, greater violence from Israel, US, UK, etc which is the sign of a decaying order.

Lofty
09-11-2023, 10:51 AM
Under the youth of today Taz will be cancelled immediately for sexually fetishising african men. Careful what you wish for old lad.

I think there are obviously some clowns who do believe the more extreme things in politics but some of them are just a bit Southgate after the Euros: Maguire and Henderson got me this far last time so why not again? Except in this case it's Brexit, fundamentally misunderstanding that people had moaned about the euro and EU long before the advent of the internet. Trying to take the temperature of the electorate via social media never ends well, the whole reason betting against the loudest voices on twitter was so profitable in the referendum and 2016 US presidential election: online opinions often mean absolutely fuck all in real life.

Jimmy Floyd
09-11-2023, 10:54 AM
Let me know what's happened to every call of 'the future is bright and the times they are a-changing' in all of human history. At best it just ends up with you being the gammons.

Yevrah
09-11-2023, 11:01 AM
That's such an easy cop-out but don't get it twisted, their awareness and eagerness highlights the inertia of preceding generations, ours very much included. What we're seeing is greater resistance from them but also, crucially, greater violence from Israel, US, UK, etc which is the sign of a decaying order.

I'm absolutely sure they'll be doing some things better than we were, shunning excessive (or any) alcohol is one that immediately springs to mind, but they need to get out of the rut they're in over life being awful and unfair. It's never been fair and we all die anyway, so crack on with what you have and do things to bring about the change you want rather than just moaning. And I know they're not all like this, Greta Thunberg (whether you agree with her views or not) is an excellent example of someone who isn't just moaning, but more need to join in with whatever they care about and actually do something.

What I will concede that none of us had to contend with before from birth is the internet, which is actively rotting brains and ruining attention spans from infancy and that's even before you get to all the bad stuff on there. But, back to Spikey's point of the focus being on the wrong areas, absolutely no-one seems to give a shit about this.

Spikey M
09-11-2023, 11:18 AM

Were you off school sick when they covered the Hippies and the protests against Vietnam? Or the Peace protests against nuclear missile bases in Britain? The banning of South Africa from the Rugby World Cup? Nelson Mandela? Malcolm X?

Young people rallying around causes long predates the Internet and this current wave of turbo-sensitive numpties. And you were the first to call them Gamony Sheperd's Pie munchers when their profile pictures were Blue and Yellow 12 months ago. All that's changed is that they've finally rallied around something you personally give a fuck about, and now they're the golden generation. Have a day off, lad.

Jimmy Floyd
09-11-2023, 12:34 PM
My mate the Arab has just informed me that Iraq is about to invade Jordan. Watch this space, I guess.

Don
09-11-2023, 01:32 PM
Were you off school sick when they covered the Hippies and the protests against Vietnam? Or the Peace protests against nuclear missile bases in Britain? The banning of South Africa from the Rugby World Cup? Nelson Mandela? Malcolm X?

Young people rallying around causes long predates the Internet and this current wave of turbo-sensitive numpties. And you were the first to call them Gamony Sheperd's Pie munchers when their profile pictures were Blue and Yellow 12 months ago. All that's changed is that they've finally rallied around something you personally give a fuck about, and now they're the golden generation. Have a day off, lad.

Proper triggered gammon here. I have optimism for the youth and the future. It's all well and good marking them as useless TikTok wankers but TikTok isn't as harmful as paedophilia and corruption which is the diet of their predecessors. Smile, it's gonna be okay.

Pepe
09-11-2023, 02:06 PM
And I know they're not all like this, Greta Thunberg (whether you agree with her views or not) is an excellent example of someone who isn't just moaning

Examples of something that she is doing that is not moaning? Genuinely curious, I don't follow the news. If she has come up with a new technology to reduce atmospheric carbon or something, then fair play to her.

Ben
09-11-2023, 03:39 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/nov/08/tory-insiders-suggest-suella-braverman-trying-to-get-sacked

I think this seems likely.

As well as her being a massive cunt, obvs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67368785

Right on.

Jimmy Floyd
09-11-2023, 03:47 PM
It's remarkable how weak successive PMs have become because they feel they have to keep the knobhead wing onside. Anyone worth their salt would not only sack her but also release all the skeletons in her closet to make sure she never held a serious job in any arena again.

Spikey M
09-11-2023, 03:58 PM
Her skeletons are mostly in the English Channel.

randomlegend
09-11-2023, 04:07 PM
It's remarkable how weak successive PMs have become because they feel they have to keep the knobhead wing onside. Anyone worth their salt would not only sack her but also release all the skeletons in her closet to make sure she never held a serious job in any arena again.

The whole party is the knobhead wing.

Jimmy Floyd
09-11-2023, 04:23 PM
That kind of thinking is why Labour has been out of power for 13 years.

Lewis
09-11-2023, 04:23 PM
Everything Suella Braverman said in her article is an observable fact, and if literally anybody else had said it and/or couched it in pathetic language the same people pissing the bed about it now would have agreed.

Lewis
09-11-2023, 04:26 PM
The government's issue is that the governing party ran out of talent ages back (probably when Cameron went) and so a small section of one particular party, with very few competent individuals, has been at the tiller since. This has massively narrowed their horizons compared even to the 2010-15 government and also demotivated the civil service who are the people who make things actually happen. They have ceased to be a national party as they were until 2016, and started to be the party of white reactionaries and Hindu nationalists. This version of the Tories should by rights have been chucked out in the election subsequent to 2015, but we've had two since then and because the opposition leader in both was the most useless, dangerous, treacherous cunt they could possibly have chosen, they somehow got away with it. Finally they will go next time in a massive landslide and it will be deserved, and actually the last 5 years will have cost them any chance of getting in for the next twenty.

The same thing will eventually happen to Labour. They will hope that they have enough talent to get them through three winning cycles again and make substantial changes. Keir Starmer is a twat so the leader after him will be more important I think.

The current Conservative Party is crap, but let's not pretend that the David Cameron government was stacked with 'talent', or that a party that topped out at thirty-six per cent of the vote was a nationally popular one.

Jimmy Floyd
09-11-2023, 04:41 PM
The party was a broader church both in composition and scope, and that is the only way to be under our system. If you want to go and get PR and have minority special interest groups running the hard political space as well as the cultural one then I wish you good luck. The country needs unity at the moment, not diversity.

Lewis
09-11-2023, 04:54 PM
Minority special interest groups do run the political and cultural space, unless you think that a million immigrants a year and an illegal free-for-all, not building any houses, decriminalising crime, etc. are all reflective of popular sentiment (compared to half the country voting for the exact opposite). The crap Conservative Party has allowed this to happen (or continue), which is why everybody hates them, and why everybody will hate the incoming Labour government within about two months.

Boydy
09-11-2023, 10:13 PM
They could literally propose building a fuckton of houses and get a bunch if millennials onside but they won't, the pricks.

Ben
10-11-2023, 07:03 AM
There's definitely a feeling that this lot are prepared to die on their hill rather than shift ideology. Is it because they're shit politicians, or they realise they're toast so it's more a case of we'll do what the fuck we want for another year or so?

Jimmy Floyd
10-11-2023, 08:28 AM
It's because they're toast anyway and they need to prove their credentials to the rump of morons who will be voting in the next leader. Heading for a 1997-2001 style irrelevance.

Not sure what Sunak's excuse is though, unless he's just given up and waiting for the sweet release of death so that he can embarrass himself and the country by taking a California tech job weeks after the election.

Lewis
10-11-2023, 09:03 AM
There's definitely a feeling that this lot are prepared to die on their hill rather than shift ideology. Is it because they're shit politicians, or they realise they're toast so it's more a case of we'll do what the fuck we want for another year or so?

What ideology? They're toast because they aren't actually doing anything remotely conservative and their 2019 voters and people like me aren't going to bother voting for them again.

The real case for them being shit politicians is that their ineffectual tough talk has convinced half the country that we have a firm right wing government, when actually we have half a party of absolute melts and rule by the BBC/civil service, discrediting the idea of the former for no gain.

Ben
10-11-2023, 09:05 AM
Well that's what I meant. "Shift" was the wrong word to use there.

Offshore Toon
10-11-2023, 10:03 AM
There's also the fact that British Indians are increasingly right wing...
Once again outing yourself as somebody that has no idea what the general population are like. Anybody that shade of brown are right wing af.

Jimmy Floyd
10-11-2023, 10:20 AM
Once again outing yourself as somebody that has no idea what the general population are like. Anybody that shade of brown are right wing af.

I have an extremely good idea of how they vote in elections and how that has shifted over time. Don't give a shit how many times they spank their children or conduct forced marriages.

Look at the east London Muslim-heavy constituencies in the 2019 election compared to the north west London Hindu-heavy constituencies, those two pops are moving in completely different directions.

Baz
10-11-2023, 06:29 PM
Why have I only just learned about this place (https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/23907553.new-orford-farm-sex-dungeon-retirement-flat-plans-set-approval/?ref=socialflow&fbclid=IwAR3KXBb-j0LnxVT2BrDcdwkRMueEgsibAmt99pTdmzoR0oOsi1kZbufuKQ s)?

New Orford Farm sex dungeon retirement flat plans set for approval

Gray Fox
10-11-2023, 06:33 PM
Seems a prime place for some TTH cards.

phonics
11-11-2023, 01:22 PM
Going to be funny watching the BNP boys 'overwhelm' the police only for them to tear gas an inpromtru parent teacher meeting later on for waving the wrong sign.

Don
11-11-2023, 01:28 PM
Yooooou're not English any-more.

Spikey M
11-11-2023, 01:59 PM
I observed the 2 minute silence in Tesco whilst deciding if I wanted a steak or a curry for dinner tonight, so I've done my bit.

The choice between a curry and a steak may have been Freudian in nature, now that I think about it. The curry won.

phonics
11-11-2023, 03:17 PM
Burnley getting outwitted by choosing to play like a shit Arsenal. Tactical masterclass from Arteta to go fight wet fire with damp fire.

Don
12-11-2023, 10:03 AM

Shindig
12-11-2023, 10:10 AM
I mean they clearly believe brown people = bad. Shepherds Pie = good.

Jimmy Floyd
12-11-2023, 10:33 AM
They're there for the same reason the other lot are there, narcissistic reflex.

Lofty
12-11-2023, 10:37 AM
Phonics looking rough.

Spikey M
12-11-2023, 10:46 AM
I mean, it's fairly obvious what they're angry about, isn't it? Change. Incredibly rapid change in the demographics of the country and the social shifts that come with that. I don't agree with them. I couldn't give a flying fuck. But saying that they don't know know why they're angry just means you aren't listening. They aren't bright, but they are incredibly clear.

wullie
12-11-2023, 10:50 AM
Greg Wallace must be wondering why his mentions have gone mad today

Spikey M
12-11-2023, 11:09 AM
One for Jimmy.

1723655716576051639?t=nlqsxiFZR86zGHCed_YFiQ&s=19

Lewis
12-11-2023, 11:38 AM
The football idiots wouldn't have felt the need to 'defend the Cenotaph' if people had any confidence that the police would have done, because public disorder breeds public disorder. The idea that they all rallied because the Indian Home Secretary wrote a Times article is more reflective of how these mongs are led around by the nose by what they read on Twitter.

I would have let the pro-Hamas retards smash it to pieces (and beat Michael Gove to death for that matter). Let people see what politicians have created here.

Ben
12-11-2023, 11:57 AM
Did they actually “threaten the Cenotaph” though? Or did Facebook just make up the scenario in its head again, and there’s enough wazzocks out there that believed it was actually a possibility and ultimately just got themselves arrested for nothing?

Spikey M
12-11-2023, 12:09 PM
They "threatened" to chant during the silence at Cenotaph, which would be a very serious problem, because that's when our elites come together to pretend they care about the millions of plebs they sent to die after a Boznian shot an Austrian.

Lewis
12-11-2023, 12:52 PM
Some retard tried to set the flags on fire during the peaceful George Floyd protests (and received no serious sanction, unlike the white bloke who inadvertently had a wee near a police memorial), so it's not inconceivable that some have them might have broken away and ended up down Whitehall.

Jimmy Floyd
12-11-2023, 01:17 PM
The George Floyd protests were a bit different in that there was a lot of Marxism and so on involved. These Palestine ones are Muslims talking to and about themselves. They don't know or care about white remembrance day. If anyone cared it would be the silly white leftist hangers-on.

Shindig
12-11-2023, 01:27 PM
The Mark Duggan riots are the benchmark.

Spikey M
12-11-2023, 01:29 PM
The glory days of TTH.

I bet Harold is shagging the Churchill statue right now if he isn't dead / serving time for being a nonce.

Jimmy Floyd
12-11-2023, 03:57 PM
In other community relations news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67377588

Pahaha, but also, why are the BBC so addicted to these identity victim type stories?

Lewis
12-11-2023, 03:57 PM
SG posting Gabriele Marcotti tweets was both of their respective peaks.

Spikey M
12-11-2023, 04:07 PM
My son has been given some Diwali themed homework. We spent the Afternoon making a "Rangoli pattern" out of rice, cumin seeds and other spices. I'm pretty sure it's racist. They're in trouble if the villages one Indian family finds out.

Lewis
12-11-2023, 04:59 PM
When we 'studied' it in year two or three they got the half-Indian lad's mum to come in and make a curry while we all watched. Foreign muck had arrived in East Yorkshire.

We were also told that Indians were too poor for cutlery, so we all had to make a spoon out of paper to sample it, because presumably there was an abundance of quality A4 on the poverty-stricken streets.

Don
12-11-2023, 05:23 PM
CzjRT6xrskQ

Solid content.

Bernanke
14-11-2023, 11:08 AM

It's so interesting to see the media be this transparent in their framing. Killed vs 'died', children vs 'young people'.

Waffdon
14-11-2023, 04:48 PM
The geezer who inadvertently killed the ice hockey player has been charged with man slaughter

Jimmy Floyd
14-11-2023, 05:10 PM
Without being an ice hockey nor a legal expert, that feels like something that could shut down most contact sport if he's charged and found guilty.

Disco
14-11-2023, 05:27 PM
Did the guy not essentially judo kick him in the throat? That seems at least slightly different from a normal injury but don't ask me where you draw that line.

Shindig
14-11-2023, 06:10 PM
Yep, although I see it as him going to body-check another player and missing by a mile. From that perspective, you could absolutely press charges.

phonics
14-11-2023, 06:16 PM
He also has a history of purpously injuring opposition players iirc.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-11-2023, 08:05 PM
You mean a sweet chin music isn't ideal with skates on?

Ben
15-11-2023, 08:08 AM
Israel currently invading the main hospital in Gaza. :serious:

Don
15-11-2023, 02:49 PM
Biden said on Monday that hospitals there “must be protected. My hope and expectation is that there will be less intrusive action relative to hospitals.”

:lol:

Spikey M
15-11-2023, 04:42 PM
Can someone explain why Labour are so determined not to say ceasefire? What is so important about that exact word? I've heard "cessation of conflict" is ok, but apparently anyone calling for an outright "ceasefire" is getting sacked... I don't get it.

Lewis
15-11-2023, 04:58 PM
Because they exist as a special interest group for Muslims and pinko freaks, hence the fundamentals of their position, but they want normal people to think otherwise.

Don
15-11-2023, 06:06 PM
Ceasefire is antisemitic. Can't be risking that.

Disco
15-11-2023, 06:57 PM
Americans chastising anyone for bombing hospitals is pretty fucking rich given their history.

phonics
15-11-2023, 07:04 PM
The release from the central Hamas base underneath the hospital is quite funny. The list they had of named terrorists was quite a scoop. Imagine what the talk was finding out these groups of individual terrorists coming together only to find out they were called Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Friday. Banter.

Ben
16-11-2023, 04:30 PM
Feels like we're getting to the stage where the US tell Israel enough is enough. The media are going heavy on the IDF shooting up this hospital after previously being passive to their transgressions.

Manc
16-11-2023, 11:07 PM
Some old bird on QT genuinely just asked why we can't just push the boats back to France. Brilliant.

Lofty
16-11-2023, 11:30 PM
She probably thinks all of Europe was desperate to do us a favour after we left too.

Don
17-11-2023, 01:28 AM
The youth continue their truly sterling work; school walkouts in Tower Hamletistan, MPs being held to account for their disgraceful stance (the coconut ones in particular) and TikTok making Bin Laden's Letter to America go so viral that Guardian had to remove it off their site. The revolution is within reach.

Lofty
17-11-2023, 12:26 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67446570

Love the way the bit about him potentially car bombing Kid Cudi is at the end as an afterthought :D

niko_cee
17-11-2023, 04:20 PM
This (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-67444742) seems more than a bit mad to me.

12 week prison sentence [albeit suspended] for holding up a picture and laughing? What is wrong with us?

Alex
17-11-2023, 04:26 PM
A five year ban from watching Sheffield Wednesday is a kindness too, if anything.

Lofty
17-11-2023, 06:30 PM
I suppose he was outraging public decency by trying to banter Sunderland fans about a dead kid, the 12 week suspended sentence is probably a bit much but him losing two jobs over it is fairly amusing.

niko_cee
17-11-2023, 06:35 PM
Shouldn't everyone who chants about Hillsborough or Munich then also be subject to the full extent of the law, for example?

Shindig
17-11-2023, 06:39 PM
The 'not enough' shirt bloke got similar treatment, didn't he?

niko_cee
17-11-2023, 06:56 PM
Yeah, another absurd outcome, although didn't he just get fined?

Shindig
17-11-2023, 07:04 PM
Yeah, he got a fine and a ban (£1,485 and four years of no football). Seems a bit of a shocking outcome considering he was taking shots at 97 families.

Jimmy Floyd
18-11-2023, 04:41 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67422918

These people are going to send me full Tommy Robinson before long. Big congratulatory puff piece about incest being somewhat less widespread than previously.

She thinks cousin marriage is a valuable tradition though, and regrets that it appears to be in decline.

"I don't think my children will marry cousins. They will lose that connection with Pakistan and I feel sad about that," she says.

In fact, two of Ayesha's younger sisters, both in their 20s, have rejected the idea of cousin marriage. One, Salina, recently married a man of her own choice, with her parents' consent.

"I'm outgoing and I want to work and do things with my life. Someone from Pakistan wouldn't accept this at all," she says. "They would never let me live like this. We wouldn't agree on how to raise kids and how to teach them values."

The other sister, Malika, is also planning one day to choose her own husband.

Calm the fuck down will you Malika, you're taking massive liberties there.

Dr Aamra Darr, a medical sociologist with the University of Bradford's Faculty of Health Studies, says cousin marriage is a risk factor, but not a cause of congenital anomalies.

She points out that the 2013 Born in Bradford study showed that the risk of married cousins having a baby with a congenital anomaly was similar to that of a white British woman aged 35 or over having a baby with an anomaly, including Down's Syndrome.

However, she says health workers have sometimes told parents of a sick child in the Pakistani community: "It's because you married your cousin."

"It's culture blaming," she says. "You're talking about the politics of race and health - the minority being judged by the majority population."

Yeah, it's culture blaming, and yes you being judged, because the minority culture is fucking awful.

Zaara, who's also 18, says that circumstances have changed since her parents' youth: "It's easier to meet new people nowadays. Say you were from a village in Pakistan, it was easier to meet someone there. But now in Bradford you can meet so many different people, and you can still marry your people, but not someone you're related to."

If I said I only wanted to marry 'my people' I'd be burned at the progressive stake. Unless I added I was gay, in which case they'd put me out with a fire extinguisher full of Ben & Jerry's.

niko_cee
18-11-2023, 05:02 PM
That bit about birth defects reads a bit misleading. Don't the chances of those things massively increase with age, and so comparing an entire group, who I would imagine tend to have kids when they are young, to older white women, in giving birth age terms seems a bit of a false take.

The risk increases with the mother's age (1 in 1250 for a 25 year old mother to 1 in 1000 at age 31, 1 in 400 at age 35, and about 1 in 100 at age 40).

Shame to lose the tradition. And don't get me started on educating them!

wullie
18-11-2023, 06:23 PM
If you marry your cousin you don't have to invite two families to the wedding. Deformity be damned, that's value for money.

Kikó
18-11-2023, 07:39 PM
What if your cousin is fit? /Baz

Baz
18-11-2023, 08:16 PM
You think my cousins fit?

Yevrah
18-11-2023, 08:26 PM
That article. :D I struggle to put myself in the mindset of someone having to write a piece taking a favourable view on incest only being at 46%.

Lewis
18-11-2023, 08:40 PM
That bit about birth defects reads a bit misleading. Don't the chances of those things massively increase with age, and so comparing an entire group, who I would imagine tend to have kids when they are young, to older white women, in giving birth age terms seems a bit of a false take.

THE SCIENCE at it again.

Spikey M
18-11-2023, 09:12 PM
That article. :D I struggle to put myself in the mindset of someone having to write a piece taking a favourable view on incest only being at 46%.

Have I mentioned that the country is finished already today?

Manc
18-11-2023, 09:20 PM
Broken Britain. Get yourself to Poland. No Irish, no blacks, no dogs.

Giggles
19-11-2023, 06:20 AM
They'd have a cheek setting as the square headed tramps infested here like rats for long enough.

Spikey M
19-11-2023, 07:10 AM
Broken Britain. Get yourself to Poland. No Irish, no blacks, no dogs.

I will leave you to shag your sister in peace.

Bernanke
19-11-2023, 09:18 AM
Says cousin marriage is a risk factor, but not a cause of congenital anomalies.

I... what's the difference? Is being fat a risk factor but not a cause for heart disease? This is the strangest article in a while.

Spikey M
20-11-2023, 12:32 PM
2023: The Musical.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67443705

Shindig
20-11-2023, 02:08 PM
Is their defence social media turned me gay?

randomlegend
20-11-2023, 02:38 PM
2023: The Musical.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67443705

I hope they win. The kind of eating disorder, self-harm, etc. content these companies are platforming to children is abhorrent.

Baz
20-11-2023, 03:46 PM
Ban almond mums.

Spikey M
20-11-2023, 05:09 PM
I found some comment section porn for Taz.

1726303538111021155?t=UxpZri5BX4Tq9yBup0XATw&s=19

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-11-2023, 05:57 PM
I found some comment section porn for Taz.

1726303538111021155?t=UxpZri5BX4Tq9yBup0XATw&s=19

https://i.imgur.com/0fZAb0g.png

:harold:

niko_cee
20-11-2023, 06:00 PM
Which parts of London is she walking exactly?

Is there a knife crime problem at Hamleys? Roving scooter gangs harassing the good folk/poor saps of Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park? Some people just need to be left in the pandemic.

Yevrah
20-11-2023, 06:03 PM
A perfect example of the everything is awful fear mongering that the internet is spreading at a rampant pace. Fear and ideology are amazing tools for click bait and the internet seems to specialise in both.

Spikey M
20-11-2023, 06:05 PM
Which parts of London is she walking exactly?

Is there a knife crime problem at Hamleys? Roving scooter gangs harassing the good folk/poor saps of Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park? Some people just need to be left in the pandemic.

Even Peckham is 50% coffee shops and Chino's these days.

Shindig
20-11-2023, 06:15 PM
Bit fucking full of herself. No wonder she never leaves the house.

niko_cee
20-11-2023, 07:06 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67477576

G'wan lad.

Shindig
20-11-2023, 07:11 PM
Would be funny if the case fell apart after discovering a series of payments to his account that came from City whilst he was under suspicion.

niko_cee
20-11-2023, 07:33 PM
Or if the process uncovers a series of secret offshore payments.

:drool:

Don
21-11-2023, 09:01 AM
"Octopus"

:lol:

John Arne
21-11-2023, 10:27 AM
Some 86 people have been arrested in Vietnam in one of the largest ever cases of embezzlement and bribery (42,000 bond investors robbed). Head of VTP Real Estate and SCB bank accused of somehow managing to fleece 304,000,000,000,000 (304tn dong), or $12bn USD. That's 6% of Vietnam's GDP :D

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Society/Crime/Vietnam-alleges-12bn-embezzlement-by-property-firm-and-bank

John Arne
22-11-2023, 06:47 AM
Some 86 people have been arrested in Vietnam in one of the largest ever cases of embezzlement and bribery (42,000 bond investors robbed). Head of VTP Real Estate and SCB bank accused of somehow managing to fleece 304,000,000,000,000 (304tn dong), or $12bn USD. That's 6% of Vietnam's GDP :D

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Society/Crime/Vietnam-alleges-12bn-embezzlement-by-property-firm-and-bank

All 24 central bank officials tasked with inspecting SCB received bribes of between VND100 million ($4,137) and $5.2 million to condone the lender’s extreme violations, the police have said.
The Ministry of Public Security recently recommended charging Do Thi Nhan, former head of the State Bank of Vietnam’s inspection and supervision department, with receiving bribes worth $5.2 million from SCB from whom Truong My Lan had siphoned away VND1 quadrillion ($44 billion) worth of public deposits over a decade.

Endemic.

Jimmy Floyd
23-11-2023, 09:35 AM
Saint winning (or at least topping) the Dutch election is interesting. Clearly a big anti-immigrant (by which we mean anti-Muslim) shift in the last year or two across Europe.

Yevrah
23-11-2023, 01:42 PM
How is Sweden doing on that score these days?

Jimmy Floyd
23-11-2023, 01:48 PM
This well (from 23 Oct):

The Swedish government plans to cut social benefits for non-European immigrants in the hope of discouraging migrants from coming to Sweden.

Sweden’s coalition government is set to introduce reforms requiring immigrants from countries outside the European Union to learn Swedish and compete for jobs in the country's highly-skilled labor market.

While the details of the changes are still being worked out, the leaders of the three-party coalition and the far-right Sweden Democrats (SD) have claimed that Sweden has "significant problems" with foreign-born people who are unemployed and live on benefits.

In an opinion piece in the newspaper Dagens Nyheter on Friday (October 20), they said that over the last decade, more than 770,000 people have immigrated to Sweden from countries outside the EU and European Economic Area (EEA).

"Together with an integration policy that has made almost no demands (on immigrants) and provided no incentive to integrate into society, immigration has created a divided Sweden," they continued.

In the opinion piece in Dagens Nyheter they refered to "segregation, social exclusion, unemployment, poor school results and a lack of common Swedish values." The piece did not include official data to support its claims, nor provide information on the number of Swedish citizens who live on benefits, Agence France Presse (AFP) reports.

Don
23-11-2023, 02:38 PM
I've milked the gammon fields for an education and a solid growing pension but it may be time to consider one of those shithole Saudi city projects, especially if I can market myself as a gammon to increase my perceived value.

Yevrah
23-11-2023, 02:46 PM
We went through the actual stats of what was happening in Sweden a while back, focusing on crime and they were absolutely horrific.

Ben
23-11-2023, 03:12 PM
I've milked the gammon fields for an education and a solid growing pension but it may be time to consider one of those shithole Saudi city projects, especially if I can market myself as a gammon to increase my perceived value.

Couple of guys I used to work with have gone off to that NEOM Line City thing. Absolutely insane wages.

Giggles
23-11-2023, 03:54 PM
Hopefully once Vradkar gets his cushy European retirement job and the greens are wiped out we'll see some similar changes here.

Spikey M
23-11-2023, 03:59 PM
I'm generally pretty chilled when it comes to Immigration (little boats or otherwise) but even I have to wonder how the fuck Immigration on this (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67506641) scale can possibly be allowed.

Ben
23-11-2023, 04:06 PM
It's funny how the mindset is: immigration = Muslims = boats, but it's right there in the data that the massive jump was caused by non-EU people mainly from Ukraine and Hong Kong.

But we'll ignore that and wonder why nothing changes even when we've voted in our own Geert Wilders.

Spikey M
23-11-2023, 04:11 PM
I'm not arsed if they're from Ukraine, Uganda or Ulrika Jonsson's birth canal. A 1% increase in population, from immigration, inside a year is unfathomable.

Ben
23-11-2023, 04:13 PM
I wasn't having a dig at you, but rather the inevitable national response which will whip up a load of anger whilst doing fuck all about the situation. Although it could be argued the Ukraine/Hong Kong thing is very much a one-off so won't happen year-on-year even if nothing is done.

Lewis
23-11-2023, 04:29 PM
It was actually - amongst others - 253000 Indians, 141000 Nigerians, 89000 Chinese, 55000 Pakistanis, and a massive 35000 Ukrainians. More immigration in the last twelve months than 1945-2000. And apparently wages have stagnated? Weird.

Lewis
23-11-2023, 04:31 PM
We went through the actual stats of what was happening in Sweden a while back, focusing on crime and they were absolutely horrific.

Unsurprisingly, it's the exact same story (https://twitter.com/Marc_Vanguard_i/status/1727350699091275868) in Holland.

niko_cee
23-11-2023, 04:45 PM
Couldn't you attribute a lot of the suspect/suspicion there to them being racists hence why they've just voted in a bunch of racists?

Giggles
23-11-2023, 05:33 PM
Stuff like this will only accelerate the change too.

Don
23-11-2023, 05:45 PM
Is McGregor the new Wilders?

Giggles
23-11-2023, 05:47 PM
I've no idea what those words mean, but Dublin is warzone this evening. Enough is enough :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-11-2023, 05:52 PM
Yeah because people from Dublin would never stab someone.

Boydy
23-11-2023, 08:09 PM
They've set a police car, a team and a bus on fire in Dublin now. But it's the immigrants destroying the place, apparently.

Jimmy Floyd
23-11-2023, 08:11 PM
We're due a cultural swingback in the west after 30 years of prioritising minorities and this is probably the start of it. Doesn't make me feel wonderful about things but it's completely inevitable.

Boydy
23-11-2023, 08:11 PM

Giggles
23-11-2023, 08:16 PM
They've set a police car, a team and a bus on fire in Dublin now. But it's the immigrants destroying the place, apparently.

It's the politicians that's destroyed the place and action needs to be taken to get it back. All this can only go on for so long and like the rest of Europe it just needs the fuse to be lit to kick things off - that dirty Algerian did just that today.

Yevrah
23-11-2023, 08:19 PM
It's funny how the mindset is: immigration = Muslims = boats, but it's right there in the data that the massive jump was caused by non-EU people mainly from Ukraine and Hong Kong.

It was actually - amongst others - 253000 Indians, 141000 Nigerians, 89000 Chinese, 55000 Pakistanis, and a massive 35000 Ukrainians.

How are these assertions on the breakdown of the numbers so wildly different? I'm genuinely curious.

Kikó
23-11-2023, 09:54 PM
Fair play to the Irish fighting back. Nothing worse than thousands of them turning up in another country and bringing their backyard ways. Next they will be opening up themed pubs and forcing others to celebrate their national Saint.

Giggles
23-11-2023, 09:55 PM
Fair play to the Irish fighting back. Nothing worse than thousands of them turning up in another country and bringing their backyard ways. Next they will be opening up themed pubs and forcing others to celebrate their national Saint.

Yeah should be more welcoming like you lot were to us :lol:

Shindig
23-11-2023, 09:59 PM
Is it an immigration problem in this case, or is the fella just completely mental?

Lewis
23-11-2023, 09:59 PM
How are these assertions on the breakdown of the numbers so wildly different? I'm genuinely curious.

I went off this (https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/longterminternationalmigrationprovisional/yearendingjune2023#immigration-to-the-uk), but they could well have simply made it up to be racist.

Kikó
23-11-2023, 10:02 PM
Yeah should be more welcoming like you lot were to us :lol:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/012/132/thatsthejoke.jpg

Giggles
23-11-2023, 10:02 PM
Is it an immigration problem in this case, or is the fella just completely mental?

There's been a massive immigration problem for a long time, just like over there which led to Brexit, and something like this was always going to set things off. There's been ongoing growing protests for years though.

Magic
23-11-2023, 10:15 PM
Fuck sake what are they doing to Dubs. I'm laughing at the AI images of Irish warlords doing the rounds..

Magic
23-11-2023, 10:16 PM
There's been a massive immigration problem for a long time, just like over there which led to Brexit, and something like this was always going to set things off. There's been ongoing growing protests for years though.

I liked it. The centre with all the forrins was friendlier than walking through the feral suburbs.

Don
23-11-2023, 10:30 PM
Giggles has been bottling up this tension since last Friday when he had a couple of pints. Get it out of you, lad, you dirty potato farming tap dancing alcoholic.

Waffdon
23-11-2023, 11:24 PM
It's the politicians that's destroyed the place and action needs to be taken to get it back. All this can only go on for so long and like the rest of Europe it just needs the fuse to be lit to kick things off - that dirty Algerian did just that today.

Not sure setting fire to hotels with workers inside is the brightest of moves.

Giggles
24-11-2023, 03:52 AM
Not sure setting fire to hotels with workers inside is the brightest of moves.

When is any type of rotting anywhere the "brightest move"?

Ben
24-11-2023, 07:11 AM
I went off this (https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/longterminternationalmigrationprovisional/yearendingjune2023#immigration-to-the-uk), but they could well have simply made it up to be racist.

I went off the same thing. I was talking about increases rather than raw numbers. 35,000 Ukrainians is obviously a huge increase on the year before. 50,000 Pakistanis is standard.

Baz
25-11-2023, 09:19 AM
https://www.rllmukforum.com/uploads/monthly_2023_11/IMG_2952.jpeg.2e2d7ecbb6b24bfbdad98ba00508d619.jpe g

https://www.savethechildren.org/us/charity-stories/david-copperfield-collaborate-with-save-the-children-on-illusion

What’s going on here then.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-11-2023, 09:22 AM
He's going to make the moon disappear.

Disco
25-11-2023, 09:23 AM
No he's not.

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-11-2023, 09:50 AM
But he's said he will...

Shindig
25-11-2023, 10:05 AM
He'll put it back.

Spikey M
25-11-2023, 10:14 AM
It doesn't say he will.

Giggles
25-11-2023, 10:25 AM
He's going to magic up a fortune for himself.

Disco
25-11-2023, 10:39 AM
The moon disappears every day all by itself, some pretentious wank in a gay coat waving his arms around is not required.

Spikey M
25-11-2023, 10:42 AM
Igor in the mud.

Yevrah
25-11-2023, 10:58 AM
I mean, he clearly will make it disappear from view, but it's the same trick he was doing with elephants and tanks forty years ago so what's the point?

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-11-2023, 11:00 AM
I mean, he clearly will make it disappear from view, but it's the same trick he was doing with elephants and tanks forty years ago so what's the point?

To make hunger, poverty and danger disappear for Children...

niko_cee
25-11-2023, 11:15 AM
Would be quite funny if he did make it disappear and brought death and destruction to the planet for the children.

Shindig
25-11-2023, 11:26 AM
"Shit, the tides don't know what to do!"

Yevrah
27-11-2023, 01:30 PM
Our gift to the World in 2024, Pig Flu.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-67545375

niko_cee
27-11-2023, 01:51 PM
Mild illness, complete recovery, single case and yet it's all over the news. Gutted I didn't pick up a few thousand bog rolls when I was in the supermarket earlier.

Manc
27-11-2023, 10:44 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/27/brianna-ghey-trial-accused-discussed-killing-five-children-court-told

Dark.

Lofty
27-11-2023, 10:52 PM
I like the way the one who said they wanted to know what gender the screams would be now needs support during the trial in case they need a break because it might be a bit tough. Just execute them and save the cash.

Shindig
27-11-2023, 10:53 PM
The judge, Mrs Justice Yip, told the jury that Y had been diagnosed with autism since being remanded in custody and had “high levels of anxiety”. His verbal communication was “very limited”, she said. The girl had also been diagnosed with “traits of autism and ADHD” and anxiety, said Yip.

Aye, getting their excuses in. Cunts.

Lewis
27-11-2023, 11:15 PM
I like the way the one who said they wanted to know what gender the screams would be now needs support during the trial in case they need a break because it might be a bit tough. Just execute them and save the cash.

Somebody at work was genuinely bamboozled by me supporting the death penalty, like I was telling them the Earth was flat. 'It isn't even a deterrent!' Yeah who said it was flower?

Spikey M
28-11-2023, 06:54 AM
My position on it has changed over the last 5 years or so. I used to be completely against it, but - assuming the conviction is 100% certain - cunts like these can be dropped down a dark hole and forgotten about as far as I'm concerned.

Lofty
28-11-2023, 07:06 AM
Like Ian Huntley is apparently now titting about in a wig and a dress wanting a move to a women's prison, would it really have been 'unethical' to just drag him out the back and shoot him as soon as the guilty verdict came in?

Ben
28-11-2023, 07:33 AM
For me I don't think it's one of those "eye for an eye doesn't work" scenarios, but it's whether it would be implemented properly. You can be almost guaranteed it wouldn't be, just look at the death row shitshow across the pond.

We're in the day and age where wrongful convictions aren't just shrugged off with "soz mate" and everyone moves on, there'd be all sorts of seethe (justified or otherwise) if someone got the needle wrongly.

I support it in principle for cases like Ian Huntley, but maybe not in practice.

randomlegend
28-11-2023, 08:17 AM
- assuming the conviction is 100% certain -.

Which is where the whole thing falls apart.

Spikey M
28-11-2023, 08:19 AM
Most of the time, yes. But in cases like this, get 'em shot.

Jimmy Floyd
28-11-2023, 08:29 AM
I'm against it on principle. The state shouldn't be able to kill or harm its own citizens. Don't care how many kids they have buggered, killed and eaten. The state bears part of the responsibility for such a thing occurring within its polity.

Lofty
28-11-2023, 08:36 AM
Obviously you cant just roll it out for all cases above a certain threshold but lets be honest we aren't rehabilitating Ian Watkins or cunts like the mass dog torturer in Australia.

Yevrah
28-11-2023, 08:51 AM
My position on it has changed over the last 5 years or so. I used to be completely against it, but - assuming the conviction is 100% certain - cunts like these can be dropped down a dark hole and forgotten about as far as I'm concerned.

One could have applied the above logic to VAR and look what’s happened there.

And your kids are about 5, right?

Yevrah
28-11-2023, 08:58 AM
And surely the right to live is an overarching human right. I’m all for people spending the rest of their days in a dark hole should a qualified expert deem that necessary, even at huge expense to the taxpayer, but the state killing its own citizens? It just doesn’t sit right with me and I don’t think it ever will.

Yevrah
28-11-2023, 09:00 AM
Obviously you cant just roll it out for all cases above a certain threshold but lets be honest we aren't rehabilitating Ian Watkins or cunts like the mass dog torturer in Australia.

It would seem unlikely and if so, you just don’t ever let them out.

niko_cee
28-11-2023, 09:05 AM
Which is where the whole thing falls apart.

Yes, but people do get very confused by the difference between arguments in principle and arguments in practical terms, the latter usually providing an easy cop-out to the more interesting debate of the former.

Shindig
28-11-2023, 09:08 AM
These kids will be out in their 30s. At best, they'll be so autistic they'll be in care. At worst, they'll be released with new identities with no restrictions.

Yevrah
28-11-2023, 09:12 AM
These kids will be out in their 30s. At best, they'll be so autistic they'll be in care. At worst, they'll be released with new identities with no restrictions.

Hasn’t the state only given new identities to a handful of criminals and I’m pretty sure they all came with a bucketload of restrictions?

Shindig
28-11-2023, 09:25 AM
Yeah, those restrictions really did John Venables a world of good ...

Most of the new identities went to children that kill. The Snapchat killers, Mary Bell, etc.

niko_cee
28-11-2023, 09:29 AM
He's back in prison anyway isn't he?

These two are going to get different treatment than the Bulger kids as they are a lot older at the point of the offence. I don't know if you get minimum tariffs as a youth, but whatever they do end up with is going to be at the high end of what is possible.

3. Detention at His Majesty’s Pleasure (DHMP)
3.1 Starting points
DHMP is a mandatory life sentence for children who commit murder. DHMP has a minimum term (tariff) that sets out the minimum amount of time that must be spent in custody before the Parole Board can consider release. Currently the starting point for the minimum term is 12 years for all children.

We are introducing a sliding scale so there are different starting points that take into consideration the age of the child and the seriousness of the murder. This means that the older the child and the more serious the murder, the higher the starting point. This reflects that children develop and mature at a much faster rate and that children are very different at age 17 compared to age 10. This also means there will be less of a gap between the starting points for older children and young adults.

30 years plus.

Shindig
28-11-2023, 09:34 AM
He is. David Blunkett was calling for him to be denied parole the other day. Went back in for indecent images of children for a second time in 2017.

niko_cee
28-11-2023, 06:05 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ck7p88zx2z2o

This is obviously a niche area which I have little interest in, but, nations currently sitting on the UN Human Rights Council include, well, take your pick from the African selection, I'm sure most of them have things like homosexuality being illegal and worse, then the big hitters are in the Asian section, such respecters of human rights as China, Qatar, UAE, and probably the rest of them, South America probably bringing those important rights respecting traits such as endemic corruption and no abortions to the table. Why are these things given any credence whatsoever?

Jimmy Floyd
28-11-2023, 06:30 PM
There really are some fucking morons out there. My mate the Arab came up to me today and in passing told me that gay men are diseased and he refuses to cross the road on the two pedestrian crossings in Kingston which are painted like rainbows. I don't really blame him, as this is how half the world thinks - yet these lefty freak shows in the article would rather focus on some factional arse wiping rather than this great mass of the population (especially in London) who fundamentally hate not only trans people but vast tracts of other people too. Why? Because of some inherited cold war student politics bullshit.

Makes me sick.

Shindig
28-11-2023, 07:01 PM
Should've kissed him. That'd show him.

phonics
28-11-2023, 07:19 PM
Imagining Jimmy coming out and the Arab setting up a scotch tape line in the office like in the sitcoms.

Disco
28-11-2023, 07:20 PM
I don't know where anyone finds the energy to care that much about someone else's preferences.

Boydy
28-11-2023, 07:29 PM
There really are some fucking morons out there. My mate the Arab came up to me today and in passing told me that gay men are diseased and he refuses to cross the road on the two pedestrian crossings in Kingston which are painted like rainbows. I don't really blame him, as this is how half the world thinks - yet these lefty freak shows in the article would rather focus on some factional arse wiping rather than this great mass of the population (especially in London) who fundamentally hate not only trans people but vast tracts of other people too. Why? Because of some inherited cold war student politics bullshit.

Makes me sick.

Report him for homophobia, get him fired and take all his sales.

Shindig
28-11-2023, 07:36 PM
He'd get sacked for snitching. The Arab would be the new king of South America.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-11-2023, 07:37 PM
His Dad also works at the company, I think.

Maybe he'd walk in solidarity and as such Jimmy would practically be top dog.

Spikey M
28-11-2023, 08:05 PM
Marks and Spencers once put Guacamole in their BLT's so they could flog them as LGBT's, and that was just a war crime.

Paint the Zebra Crossings whatever colour you like, but do not taint the king of all sandwiches with avocado. I can tolerate brown bread and mustard mayo, but the line has to be drawn somewhere and it turns out it's avocado.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-11-2023, 08:09 PM
That sounds lovely.

Ben
28-11-2023, 08:10 PM
My daughter has an allergy to avocado, of all things. Might be for the best if she wants to own her own house eventually.

Spikey M
28-11-2023, 08:11 PM
That sounds lovely.

I will die on this hill and so will you if it comes to it, shitbreak.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-11-2023, 08:14 PM
I will die on this hill and so will you if it comes to it, shitbreak.

Lots of healthy fats along with vitamins and minerals.

Tastes good too, what's not to like?

phonics
28-11-2023, 08:23 PM
No NHL thread so I'll share it here.

The Chicago Blackhawks just signed a guy who's potentially the next Gretzky (Messi/Ronaldo levels for those that don't know Ice Hockey) and a teammate banged his mum within 2 months and got fired.

Lewis
28-11-2023, 08:27 PM

Makes me sick.

The little boats stuff is straight racism. We need every fucker we can get, especially people hard enough to run the illegal immigration gauntlet. I've just sat around at Christmas listening to my aunt complaining about the lack of white doctors in Birmingham, and upon a mild challenge the response is that she can't understand what Asian doctors are saying so it's a poor service being provided. Boomers just can't cope with brown skin.

You that mate.

Bam
28-11-2023, 08:30 PM
No NHL thread so I'll share it here.

The Chicago Blackhawks just signed a guy who's potentially the next Gretzky (Messi/Ronaldo levels for those that don't know Ice Hockey) and a teammate banged his mum within 2 months and got fired.

Can't blame the guy, she is tidy.

Lofty
28-11-2023, 08:31 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-67547859

All a bit weird.

phonics
28-11-2023, 08:33 PM
"It's okay to be prejudiced because other people are too"

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-11-2023, 08:34 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-67547859

All a bit weird.

Messed up the kid's eye badly.

Yevrah
28-11-2023, 08:52 PM
"It's okay to be prejudiced because other people are too"

Is it sensible to continue to let people into England from a religious group that's extremely intolerant and believes that homosexuality should be illegal? Hell, at last count over 50% of British Muslims thought homosexuality should be illegal.

Genuine question.