PDA

View Full Version : News of the day

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

Manc
07-02-2023, 01:15 PM
Phwoar.

SincereTheRebel
07-02-2023, 01:18 PM
Google says 62. She looks like a complete wreck. 100% raw.

Ian
07-02-2023, 01:44 PM
It's been years since I saw a picture of Madonna that I would immediately recognises as being her.

niko_cee
07-02-2023, 01:46 PM
Turns out the husband killed the teacher and the kid, what a surprise. Was he ex-Army by any chance? He has the sort of square head you might associate with that sort of background.

Don
07-02-2023, 01:57 PM
Depressed ethnic accountant having to deal within the strict confines of a gammon wife with ideas above her station. RIP to him and my brother.

niko_cee
07-02-2023, 02:02 PM
As if an ethnic would be allowed a gun licence.

Pepe
07-02-2023, 02:06 PM
I don’t hate Madonna for doing this to herself. I hate that we live in a society where she thinks she has to do this to herself.

:harold:

Kikó
07-02-2023, 02:16 PM
Madonna is a real life Bo selecta face.

Boydy
07-02-2023, 02:32 PM
Jesus christ.

Ian
07-02-2023, 05:09 PM
Turns out the husband killed the teacher and the kid, what a surprise. Was he ex-Army by any chance? He has the sort of square head you might associate with that sort of background.

Plot twist! It was him who killed Nicola Bulley and the wife found out.

Lofty
07-02-2023, 05:17 PM
Madonna is a real life Bo selecta face.

Not even close to this:

https://i.ibb.co/q0wspT0/FB-IMG-1675790165432.jpg

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-02-2023, 05:30 PM
That's some chin.

Yevrah
07-02-2023, 05:39 PM

That line gave me a hearty chortle too. This is a Woman who is worth nigh on a billion dollars and thought it was ok to bathe in petals while telling people we're all the same when a global pandemic broke out.

She's about as least in touch with (and influenced by) society as it is possible to be.

Don
08-02-2023, 10:15 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/08/toxic-masculinity-fuels-dangerous-driving-like-drink-french-advert-says

:lol:

Spikey M
08-02-2023, 10:23 AM
And then these same people wonder why boys and young men are flocking to the likes of Andrew Tate.

SincereTheRebel
08-02-2023, 10:37 AM
That is wild

niko_cee
09-02-2023, 12:19 PM
Ukraine told to focus on the, erm, modern pentathlon? (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/64579619)

More top drawer self awareness from a governing body.

Lewis
09-02-2023, 10:23 PM
I'm excited to see how this (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-64585043) develops. The white racists in question are apparently gypos, which makes them the low status side who people are willing to be honest about in this; but they are weirdly well-organised when they want to be, so if the feel that bad racism against them is being played down they might not like it.

Jimmy Floyd
09-02-2023, 10:28 PM
Think the blob have gone a bit early here for the reasons you suggest. It'll disappear from view once they realise it's tinkers.

Lewis
09-02-2023, 10:34 PM
What I don't understand is, even if it is a straight-forward bit of racism (which it won't be), why is the headmaster getting it in the neck? How is he meant to stop girls scrapping without manhandling either and getting even more grief dropped on his head?

Lofty
09-02-2023, 10:36 PM
They were ransoming the local golf club the other week, rocked up in the car park and began the ceremonial curling out of turds in menacing fashion as the police impotently made noises about them moving on.

Lewis
09-02-2023, 10:42 PM
I imagine that the 'traveller' lifestyle was quite appealing in the black and white times. Olden days manual labour or mooching about, living free, and throttling your disabled babies. Now though, with all the formal sponging opportunities available to the non-taxpaying ethnic minority, why bother?

Jimmy Floyd
09-02-2023, 10:44 PM
What I don't understand is, even if it is a straight-forward bit of racism (which it won't be), why is the headmaster getting it in the neck? How is he meant to stop girls scrapping without manhandling either and getting even more grief dropped on his head?

Because a certain black lobby here are dying to get in on the glamour of American police brutality victimhood etc, and when such an opportunity comes up at home they need a white authority villain.

Why is the MP for Lewisham East giving it large about something on the other side of the city unless she sees her real role as MP for special interests.

Spikey M
10-02-2023, 05:18 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64595317

I'm pretty sure nothing that's happened over the last few years is real and I'm just having a psychotic episode at this point.

Spikey M
10-02-2023, 05:57 PM
https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/mcdonalds-remove-tasteless-sign-opposite-8133444

Boydy
10-02-2023, 05:59 PM
:D

Burger King should put an ad there next.

niko_cee
10-02-2023, 06:01 PM
Rumours that it will be replaced by a poster advertising Burger King's flame-grilled Whopper couldn't be substantiated as we went to press.

:checkit:

Boydy
10-02-2023, 06:32 PM
I didn't even read that far. :D

Lofty
11-02-2023, 06:30 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-64600806

Feels like 'protest' is an understatement.

Baz
11-02-2023, 07:05 AM
https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/mcdonalds-remove-tasteless-sign-opposite-8133444

Surprises me more people don’t know about Folka Wolf (https://instagram.com/fokawolf?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=).

Spikey M
11-02-2023, 07:33 AM
I was going to say he's just a shit Banksy, but Banksy is just a shit Banksy, so this geezer is just a nonce.

Lewis
12-02-2023, 10:42 AM
After two solid years of heavily-politicised SCIENCE exposing itself day after day, I'm inclined to think that the people intimately involved in this particular field are much more likely to be sympathetic to a particular approach or beholden to the high-status vibes than any normal doctor, and therefore unlikely to be approaching any of it dispassionately.

https://archive.is/Fv41w

What no way.

Pepe
12-02-2023, 02:07 PM
They are just trying to help the kids, mate.

https://www.thefp.com/p/i-thought-i-was-saving-trans-kids

Yevrah
12-02-2023, 02:12 PM
I'll read those two articles later, but this must be one of the worst state-sponsored things the Western World has ever undertaken.

That it still isn't properly covered by the mainstream media is a disgrace.

Spikey M
12-02-2023, 02:14 PM
I was going to say Eugenics and forced sterilisation was worse but... well.

niko_cee
12-02-2023, 02:30 PM
I think "one of the worst state-sponsored things the Western World has ever undertaken" might be veering into dangerous territory, but it certainly is fairly scandalous.

Yevrah
12-02-2023, 02:33 PM
Happy to hear some alternatives, but given it's involved permanently altering children it has to be up there.

Lofty
12-02-2023, 02:43 PM
The Middle East only has man love Thursdays, by comparison.

niko_cee
12-02-2023, 02:47 PM
In terms of range of impact every other major medical scandal, of which I am sure there are loads, probably ranks as 'worse', then I guess there's the extent to which you view medical testing in Africa [and the like] as 'state-sponsored' or the behaviour of large corporate actors [be they big tobacco, Nestle, asbestos, other poisoning utilities, big pharma etc] as being within the parameters of state control, before you get to things like, you know, the Holocaust.

Spikey M
12-02-2023, 02:47 PM
The whole thing is just an unmanageable mess I think. On the one hand, giving children hormone treatments that stop them going through puberty and render them sterile - even if it is against the will of the parents - CAN'T be the answer.

But presumably, a legitimately transgender child going through puberty is likely to make suicide / self harm a huge risk, so you can kind of see where they were coming from, even if they have fucked it up.

I have no idea what the answer is.

Well, treating the dismorphia that makes children feel that they are in the wrong body is the answer, I imagine. But we've decided to just endulge it, so that's not going to fly.

So... yeah. Sterile kids because the doctors got it wrong or suicidal kids because the parents did. That's the choice.

Yevrah
12-02-2023, 02:49 PM
I was excluding corporate actors from my assessment. Wouldn't class this as just a medical scandal too as the culture in which it was allowed to happen runs through everything.

Spikey M
12-02-2023, 02:50 PM
In terms of range of impact every other major medical scandal, of which I am sure there are loads, probably ranks as 'worse', then I guess there's the extent to which you view medical testing in Africa [and the like] as 'state-sponsored' or the behaviour of large corporate actors [be they big tobacco, Nestle, asbestos, other poisoning utilities, big pharma etc] as being within the parameters of state control, before you get to things like, you know, the Holocaust.

I'll add HIV, Teflon poisoning 99% of the World's population and Mad Cow Disease.

phonics
12-02-2023, 02:52 PM
Yev :D

Yevrah
12-02-2023, 02:53 PM
So... yeah. Sterile kids because the doctors got it wrong or suicidal kids because the parents did. That's the choice.

I think that's the choice in the extreme/obvious cases (as RL quite rightly highlighted before), but how many kids have been pushed down this route by society telling them it was fine, or even encouraging it. Some of the shit Mermaids got up to seems like it falls in the latter camp.

Lewis
12-02-2023, 02:54 PM
It's hard to resolve anything without accepting that there are very, very, very few 'legitimately' transgender children, and that those that think they are ought to be treated like more run-of-the-mill mental cases until eating disorders become fashionable again.

Yevrah
12-02-2023, 02:55 PM
Yev :D

Mark my words Phonics and I may well be dead by the time it happens, but there's going to be the mother of all inquests over this by the time we're done.

Pepe
12-02-2023, 02:56 PM
I'll read those two articles later, but this must be one of the worst state-sponsored things the Western World has ever undertaken.

While you're at it, don't forget this classic:

https://lacroicsz.substack.com/p/by-any-other-name

US based, just like the other one I posted, so might not be as interesting to you.

Lewis
12-02-2023, 02:56 PM
I think that's the choice in the extreme/obvious cases (as RL quite rightly highlighted before), but how many kids have been pushed down this route by society telling them it was fine, or even encouraging it. Some of the shit Mermaids got up to seems like it falls in the latter camp.

The Mermaids stuff is a real smoking gun as far as these people all being motivated actors goes. Whatever credible defences you could make about just trying to help people and so on become hard to believe when the likes of that woman, who wouldn't pass a rudimentary sniff test in literally any other walk of life, was allowed to have any involvement in policy decisions.

Yevrah
12-02-2023, 02:57 PM
The US is far worse than us on this, no?

I remember being absolutely horrified at the documentary Louis Theroux did over there on the subject years ago.

phonics
12-02-2023, 03:04 PM
Mark my words Phonics and I may well be dead by the time it happens, but there's going to be the mother of all inquests over this by the time we're done.

If so, I think that inquest they had in Nuremburg might be slightly bigger.

Yevrah
12-02-2023, 03:08 PM
If so, I think that inquest they had in Nuremburg might be slightly bigger.

Sigh.

randomlegend
12-02-2023, 03:13 PM

Based on that article, the Americans were/are actually prescribing gender-affirming hormones to kids (not just puberty blockers).

That is a TOTALLY different kettle of fish and not something I could ever support.

randomlegend
12-02-2023, 03:20 PM
The whole thing is just an unmanageable mess I think. On the one hand, giving children hormone treatments that stop them going through puberty and render them sterile - even if it is against the will of the parents - CAN'T be the answer.

This is a misunderstanding.

Puberty blocking drugs do exactly what they say. They delay puberty from starting until the child is older and can make decisions on whether to take more permanent steps to transition or whether to stop the drugs and go through puberty in their born gender. As I said the other day, the understanding based on the use of these drugs in other settings is that they don't have long-term physiological effects if the child stops them and goes through puberty, but there have obviously not been randomised controlled trials done on this specific scenario.

The hormones talked about in that American article are gender-affirming hormones. In essence a child born male sex taking oestrogen or a child born female sex taking testosterone. These absolutely do have permanent effects and I could never get behind making them accessible to kids. In the UK you have to be 17 or over and have been on puberty blockers for at least 1 year to access these.

People really need to stop conflating GnRH analogues (so-called puberty blockers) and oestrogen/testosterone. Their effects are absolutely worlds apart. I suspect the people reporting on this stuff don't actually understand what they are talking about, but there is also definitely some intellectual dishonesty going on.

Dquincy
12-02-2023, 06:03 PM
They are just trying to help the kids, mate.

https://www.thefp.com/p/i-thought-i-was-saving-trans-kids

Only part way through the article but that is wild. Madness.

John Arne
13-02-2023, 05:55 AM
Some strange clampdowns happening in Cambodia. Lots of media orgs being shut down all of a sudden. Could lead to civil unrest.

niko_cee
13-02-2023, 12:30 PM
You found a betting market for genocide?

igor_balis
13-02-2023, 01:27 PM
killing fields two electric khmeroo

Lofty
13-02-2023, 04:47 PM
Paging Baz

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64622199

Lewis
13-02-2023, 04:54 PM
'Like everybody else, I have my strengths, I have my weaknesses'. Which is this?

mikem
13-02-2023, 05:05 PM
Only part way through the article but that is wild. Madness.

Here is a counterpoint to that article from Texas in 2021 during the ongoing legal battles around “gender affirming care”. It largely centers around the definition of gender affirming care and when different treatments happen.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/08/04/gender-affirming-care-transgender-texas/

Here is a key bit:

Under the gender-affirming model of care, more time is spent allowing kids to socially transition instead of focusing on medical treatment. A social transition consists of the steps a child takes to affirm their identity. An example could include allowing a child assigned male at birth to grow their hair or use a different name and wear clothing that better fits their identity.

This is all meant to happen before any kind of medical treatment. As defined by the medical practitioner organizations in this article, “gender affirming care” seems to be a treatment of care that aims to minimize medical treatments. That seems to be in direct opposition to the article Pepe posted.

It is certainly possible that some groups are bypassing the protocols. If so, they should be prosecuted legally and the governing standards body. And obviously, I have no idea at all what the best practices should be. I’m wary of the heated debate because it leads to laws like this one from Texas - where even parents who are seeking strictly non-medical treatment are under threat of prosecution for child abuse and can have their children taken from them. And how well is the law defined? If your child simply self presents and goes to counseling can this law be triggered? It is very possible.

The big cautionary tale from the US is abortion. For decades, there was an extremely heated debate around late term abortion. Partly driven by anti-choice groups knowing that was the abortion debate they could win morally. Politicians spent that time passing ever more extreme messaging laws at the state level that were incredibly poorly defined. Why? Because Roe meant the laws were on the books but not live so politicians used them to message to the hardest core of their base. Then Roe was overturned. Now, in many states women with ectopic pregnancies can only be treated “when their lives are threatened”. The unintended consequences of all this moral surety can be pretty extreme.

Shindig
13-02-2023, 06:15 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-64625162

Police have ruled out a hate crime so I guess it's just your standard kids killing kids.

niko_cee
13-02-2023, 06:17 PM
The Newsnight woman's article felt like it was trying to cover both sides [which I assume will be the case with her book]. There are obviously going to be polarising/extreme examples in both directions.

In somewhat similar news, I hadn't realised there was a trans angle to this (https://uk.yahoo.com/news/brianna-ghey-buried-true-self-anger-misgendering-teen-latest-updates-142914254.html), not that I'd really followed the story beyond the headline. Edit, as above I guess.

Ruling out a hate crime off the bat does feel a bit like 'we think she's definitely fallen in the river'.

Shindig
13-02-2023, 06:22 PM
I missed this banger quote:

They continued: "She was a larger than life character who would leave a lasting impression on all who met her.

Aye. Just ask the last two to see her alive. :moop:

Dquincy
13-02-2023, 06:26 PM
Don you should search Joe Westerman on twitter. You could learn a few techniques.

Lewis
13-02-2023, 06:27 PM
His first game of the new season is away at the team he left under a cloud as well. :harold:

Offshore Toon
13-02-2023, 06:27 PM
Shinners 100% kills prostitutes.

Dquincy
13-02-2023, 06:30 PM
His first game of the new season is away at the team he left under a cloud as well. :harold:
The wife has had to come and deny that it is her. :lol:

Lofty
13-02-2023, 07:03 PM
The Yorkshire Rimmer looked like he didn't have a scooby where he was on the video.

There was a similar video taken in Barrow a few months back of two randoms except the camera man advised the lad to 'give it fast arse'.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-02-2023, 07:23 PM
Shinners 100% kills prostitutes.

And dogs.

Baz
14-02-2023, 08:50 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-64625162

Police have ruled out a hate crime so I guess it's just your standard kids killing kids.

Surprised there’s tranny bashers in Culceth.

SvN
14-02-2023, 09:01 AM
She won’t be allowed the dignity of having ‘beloved daughter’ on her gravestone.

What? Says who? Who is policing that? Surely you can write whatever you want on a gravestone, as long as it's not obscene?

niko_cee
14-02-2023, 09:03 AM
I thought that, maybe it has to be whatever is in the official record if it's in a public cemetery (and presumably the religious folk wouldn't allow the burial of such a heretic in their grounds)? Does seem odd.

Shindig
14-02-2023, 09:10 AM
Yeah, if it's linked back to official records, it'll probably put a spanner in the works. We get confusion with the DWP all the time. They go by birth gender, we have to put both a gender and a gender preference.

Giggles
14-02-2023, 09:13 AM
The finger will never be pointed at the ones really at fault that the kid is dead - the bored fuckers who started off this whole sex change as fashion trend.

Don
14-02-2023, 09:27 AM
Paging Baz

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64622199

Incredibly brave, this. The opposition chants and dressing room banter are going to be vicious. Anyways, anyone manage to get Sam Smith tour tickets yet?

Jimmy Floyd
14-02-2023, 09:33 AM
I'm not on board with all the media fetishising either but facts are facts, it's very brave.

Spikey M
14-02-2023, 10:49 AM
Yeah, if it's linked back to official records, it'll probably put a spanner in the works. We get confusion with the DWP all the time. They go by birth gender, we have to put both a gender and a gender preference.

Surely everyone just looks the other way and let's them put what they want. You would have to be a massive prick to object.

Yevrah
14-02-2023, 11:20 AM
I'm sure there are things you can't change, but given the gender on a tombstone isn't mandatory (I'm assuming name, dob and dod are), I can't see how it would cause a problem at all.

Kikó
14-02-2023, 12:47 PM
The finger will never be pointed at the ones really at fault that the kid is dead - the bored fuckers who started off this whole sex change as fashion trend.

Lol what

igor_balis
14-02-2023, 01:02 PM

yeah man and Martin Luther King died because of all the uppity n-words. you truly are a spectacularly thick cunt sometimes.

Giggles
14-02-2023, 01:33 PM
Lol what

That's all this sick bullshit is. Warping kids.

Baz
14-02-2023, 02:12 PM
This news has made me curious if service providers at work record deaths with their legal or chosen gender. The person to ask has responded with an out of office for a week though, and I won't care by then. :sorry:

Pepe
14-02-2023, 02:20 PM
Just change everything official that has the word gender in it to sex and be done with this nonsense.

Baz
14-02-2023, 02:37 PM
Sex? YES PLEASE

Disco
14-02-2023, 02:41 PM
You can write basically whatever you want on headstones and memorials, most cemeteries have guidelines on materials and shape/size and not much else. So unless they want to write 'beloved daughter' on an 8 foot chrome penis I'm sure they will be allowed to include it.

Kikó
14-02-2023, 02:57 PM
That's all this sick bullshit is. Warping kids.

Let's be frank, the ones who we should point the finger at are the ones killing people.

Spikey M
14-02-2023, 05:46 PM
The finger will never be pointed at the ones really at fault for killing that kid - the bored fuckers who started off this murder as fashion trend.

randomlegend
14-02-2023, 05:56 PM
Weren't they stabbed? Has anyone considered the role the knife manufacturer has to play in all this? Makes you think.

Shindig
14-02-2023, 06:08 PM
Tributes have also been paid to Brianna on social media and in particular Tik Tok, where she had a huge following.

Huh. Like, I shouldn't be surprised kids get big on that platform but still ... huh.

Manc
14-02-2023, 09:19 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/feb/14/generation-britain-young-people-inequality#comments

Comment section is a riot.

Jimmy Floyd
14-02-2023, 09:28 PM
It takes a lot to get me fully behind Polly Toynbee but I think the commenters there have managed it.

Boydy
14-02-2023, 09:35 PM
Remind me of Polly Toynbee's stance when something more than Tory-lite was on the table from His Majesty's Opposition?

Lewis
14-02-2023, 09:40 PM
Did the 2017 and 2019 Labour manifestos have any specific policies for spreading out massive pensioner wealth and benefits? The best anti-boomer policy in years was Theresa May's plan for people to pay for their own old age care, and they (thankfully) stopped her winning the election by calling it a 'Dementia Tax'.

Boydy
14-02-2023, 09:42 PM
I don't know, specifically, I just think Toynbee's a cunt.

Jimmy Floyd
14-02-2023, 09:43 PM
Remind me of Polly Toynbee's stance when something more than Tory-lite was on the table from His Majesty's Opposition?

Remember she needs feeding like everyone, and if the dinner party invitations dry up she'd have to employ a cook.

niko_cee
14-02-2023, 09:53 PM
I must be missing something as both the article and the comments seems a bit meh.

Lewis
14-02-2023, 09:55 PM
Here we go, wealthy boomers on the defensive.

Spikey M
15-02-2023, 08:23 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-64646039

Final Destination 7 confirmed.

Spikey M
15-02-2023, 10:41 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-64648879

Outed by a rapist troll. :happycry:

Baz
15-02-2023, 10:59 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-64648879

Outed by a rapist troll. :happycry:
Still surprised this classic thread (https://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/showthread.php?1584-The-Real-Scottish-Yes-Or-No-Question) didn't take off.

Spikey M
15-02-2023, 11:30 AM
Yes. It would be a good story to keep in my back pocket and/or sell to the Daily Mirror.

niko_cee
16-02-2023, 10:11 AM
The cheque's in the post (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64647166)

:cab:

Royal Mail said it remained "uncertain what happened in this instance".

Spikey M
16-02-2023, 11:07 AM
Bit weird, but ok.

Shindig
16-02-2023, 06:11 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64666516

There's erm ... some looks going on here.

Ian
16-02-2023, 06:13 PM
I suppose even as a famous person the good thing about going to a fashion designer's funeral is you can go dressed in literally any old shit and people will go "Oh what a perfect tribute! How daring!"

Shindig
16-02-2023, 06:17 PM
Yeah, what Vivienne would've wanted, etc.

niko_cee
16-02-2023, 07:50 PM
I choose to take this headline at face value (https://uk.yahoo.com/news/irish-man-dies-heart-condition-094336698.html)

Shindig
16-02-2023, 07:54 PM
Nevermind that. Killahornia is amazing name for a place.

Disco
16-02-2023, 07:56 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hkv0mM8.png

Disco
16-02-2023, 07:57 PM
Also:
...his cause of death was due to lethal cardiac arrhythmia.

You don't say.

Manc
18-02-2023, 12:35 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/feb/18/roald-dahl-books-rewritten-to-remove-language-deemed-offensive

Ian
18-02-2023, 12:41 PM
I'd have thought there's a bigger problem with the Oompa Loompas to be honest but okay.

Jimmy Floyd
18-02-2023, 02:05 PM
I can't get too worked up about changing 'men' to 'people', but this -

In previous editions of James and the Giant Peach, the Centipede sings: “Aunt Sponge was terrifically fat / And tremendously flabby at that,” and, “Aunt Spiker was thin as a wire / And dry as a bone, only drier.”

Both verses have been removed, and in their place are the rhymes: “Aunt Sponge was a nasty old brute / And deserved to be squashed by the fruit,” and, “Aunt Spiker was much of the same / And deserves half of the blame.”

- is just straight cultural vandalism, censorship, whatever you want to call it. Pretty much book burning without the resultant ashes. Also appallingly bad writing.

Yevrah
18-02-2023, 02:21 PM
It's insane, really quite dangerous in terms of where it might end and it needs to stop now.

Shindig
19-02-2023, 06:36 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64695059

Even balloon animals aren't safe.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-02-2023, 08:46 PM
They were just searching for Nicola Bulley.

Yevrah
20-02-2023, 08:42 PM
What an absolute disgrace.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64707017

Pepe
20-02-2023, 08:45 PM
Omkar said the winners all deserved awards

Alright then.

Lewis
20-02-2023, 08:45 PM
The 'global majority' obviously need to up their game. Quotas are making them soft.

Baz
21-02-2023, 07:54 PM
This news has made me curious if service providers at work record deaths with their legal or chosen gender. The person to ask has responded with an out of office for a week though, and I won't care by then. :sorry:

They use their preferred gender.

Spikey M
26-02-2023, 08:06 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64775250

This is some proper Last Days Of Rome stuff.

SincereTheRebel
26-02-2023, 08:13 AM
What an absolute disgrace.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64707017

This is getting to stupid levels now.

phonics
26-02-2023, 07:04 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64775250

This is some proper Last Days Of Rome stuff.

"In a video on YouTube, Scott Adams, who is white, said black Americans were part of a "hate group" and that white people should "get the hell away" from them.

Mr Adams, 65, later acknowledged that his career was destroyed."

Is very funny though.

Yevrah
26-02-2023, 07:28 PM
He's worded it in a completely ham fisted way, but things do seem to be heading that way (the hate stuff) if they haven't already.

I can't think of much other explanation for this:

His comments were made in response to a survey conducted by the firm Rasmussen Reports in which people were asked to agree or disagree with the phrase: "It's OK to be white."

The phrase is believed to have emerged in 2017 as a trolling campaign and has since been used by white supremacists.

According to the poll, 53% of black respondents agreed with the statement, but 26% disagreed and others were not sure.

Shindig
26-02-2023, 07:30 PM
The not sure crew need looking at.

SincereTheRebel
26-02-2023, 11:19 PM
I'm still laughing at this.

Dquincy
26-02-2023, 11:21 PM
He's worded it in a completely ham fisted way, but things do seem to be heading that way (the hate stuff) if they haven't already.

I can't think of much other explanation for this:
You say it's heading that way, but it mostly feels like the media trying to more shit ways/angles to write articles and "hook' people into reading something, which is ultimately a load of bollocks.

Don
26-02-2023, 11:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fp5fylfWcAMviuP?format=jpg&name=large
phonics

Spikey M
27-02-2023, 07:28 AM
I thought TTH would atleast be able to discuss this even if wider society can't, but apparently not. So I'll leave it at 26-47% of black Americans thinking that white people shouldn't exist is... a problem.

Baz
27-02-2023, 11:15 AM
I’d love for a footballer to double-down on racism and just own it. I’m not racist in the slightest (I don’t think) but having someone receive a ban for racist language and just releasing a statement repeating what he said as his beliefs, I’d pay attention. Like if Haaland started spouting off about despising non-Caucasians, what would happen?

Spikey M
27-02-2023, 11:35 AM
He'd have to play in Asia or Saudi Arabia most likely. No team in the west would touch a proud racist.

Foe
27-02-2023, 11:49 AM
A bunch of rugby players did that with their beliefs relating to homosexuality did they not?

Spikey M
27-02-2023, 11:51 AM
I remember an Australian(?) Rugby player doing that and I think he did go to play in Asia didn't he? Or he got adopted by some far right party or something. I can't remember.

Manc
27-02-2023, 12:53 PM
Israel Folau. Playing in Japan I believe.

Spikey M
27-02-2023, 01:48 PM
That's the fella.

igor_balis
27-02-2023, 02:59 PM
isn't that the fat bloke who did somewhere over the rainbow on the ukulele or some shit

Spikey M
27-02-2023, 03:04 PM
That's Israel Kamakawiwoʻole. But I guess all Pacific Islanders look the same to you. Disgusting.

Baz
27-02-2023, 05:20 PM
Also refused to TAKE THE KNEE against saints cos he’s a right lad :cool:

Spikey M
27-02-2023, 05:44 PM
The bible nonce or the ukelele don?

Lewis
27-02-2023, 08:13 PM
A bunch of Polynesian players refused to wear their club 'pride jersey' in the NRL last season, and the club and league eventually just moved on after a bit of a token whinge, because 1) they can't afford to alienate the bros; and 2) Israel Folau got a monster settlement out of Australian rugby when they sacked him. I don't think you could get away with racism in the same way, because it was easy for Folau to point to the relevant bits in the Bible and say freedom of religion mate. Maybe you would have to back it up with statistics.

phonics
27-02-2023, 08:18 PM
Kyrie Irving got suspended for not being a big fan of the Jewish people.

mikem
27-02-2023, 10:56 PM
I thought TTH would atleast be able to discuss this even if wider society can't, but apparently not. So I'll leave it at 26-47% of black Americans thinking that white people shouldn't exist is... a problem.

Lol

Spikey M
27-02-2023, 11:51 PM
Lol

26 - 47% of black Americans thinking that white people merely existing isn't "ok", isn't a problem?

Shindig
28-02-2023, 12:00 AM
Sounds like a small sample size, to be honest.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-02-2023, 12:09 AM
That's also not what those 26-47% were suggesting.

They merely said that they disagreed (or weren't sure) with the phrase, which has been used by white supremacists.

mikem
28-02-2023, 12:18 AM
26 - 47% of black Americans thinking that white people merely existing isn't "ok", isn't a problem?

It is a rando poll question that is essentially gibberish. What does “ok” or “not ok” mean in context? Are there follow up questions that help define why an answer is chosen? What does “not sure” mean? It could mean anything from “I agree to please stop asking me questions.” We have no clue why this sample of 130 (yes, that is the size of the poll) chose anything at all. Our reactions say something about us - the poll is nonsense.

Did you miss the whole middle and end of his rant? The middle where he claimed “to identify as black” and perform great acts of charity but now “won’t identify as part of a hate group”. Or the end, where he claims he has always chosen to live separate because of all the bad parts. He is an internet poisoned weirdo and his presentation may be suspect.

I may have gotten the size of the pill wrong. I don’t care to look again - still- lol.

Spikey M
28-02-2023, 07:57 AM
It is a rando poll question that is essentially gibberish. What does “ok” or “not ok” mean in context? Are there follow up questions that help define why an answer is chosen? What does “not sure” mean? It could mean anything from “I agree to please stop asking me questions.” We have no clue why this sample of 130 (yes, that is the size of the poll) chose anything at all. Our reactions say something about us - the poll is nonsense.

Did you miss the whole middle and end of his rant? The middle where he claimed “to identify as black” and perform great acts of charity but now “won’t identify as part of a hate group”. Or the end, where he claims he has always chosen to live separate because of all the bad parts. He is an internet poisoned weirdo and his presentation may be suspect.

I may have gotten the size of the pill wrong. I don’t care to look again - still- lol.

If someone asked me "is it OK to be black" I don't think I would need any clarification. Of course it is. I also don't know what "not sure" means, which is why I said the number is BETWEEN 26 - 47%.

As for his rant - I don't care. Don't know who the bloke is. He's a racist with no career now. Cool. I'm not sure how you got from me finding the poll results shocking, to me being ok with what he said.

The sample size stuff is fair, but I didn't see that in the article.

Lewis
28-02-2023, 08:03 AM
I'll need the context and exact political usage of the phrase before I agree whether it's okay to be a particular race. I don't want tripping up and sounding racist.

Baz
28-02-2023, 08:12 AM
If someone asked me "is it OK to be black" I don't think I would need any clarification. Of course it is.
Why is it only okay?!

niko_cee
28-02-2023, 08:16 AM
As esteemed as those pollsters might be [no idea] it doesn't take long looking at their website to realise they are absolute charlatans.

Despite years of progressive activism, a majority of Americans still don’t buy into the “woke” narrative that white people have a monopoly on racism.

ORLY?

Is that even what woke progressive activism aims at?

Spikey M
28-02-2023, 11:02 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64794712

This one was never going to have a happy ending, but it's going to make one hell of a Netflix series one day.

Pepe
28-02-2023, 12:48 PM
Once when we were grad students, my wife and I were having lunch in the grad student office of her department (languages), which was in the basement of some old building. Two grad students from Spanish came in, shouting hysterically that 'we have been assaulted!' Turns out that someone had put a couple of 'it's ok to be white' posters in the building and they were completely losing it. I lolled.

mikem
28-02-2023, 02:20 PM
Once when we were grad students, my wife and I were having lunch in the grad student office of her department (languages), which was in the basement of some old building. Two grad students from Spanish came in, shouting hysterically that 'we have been assaulted!' Turns out that someone had put a couple of 'it's ok to be white' posters in the building and they were completely losing it. I lolled.

As esteemed as those pollsters might be [no idea] it doesn't take long looking at their website to realise they are absolute charlatans.

ORLY?

Is that even what woke progressive activism aims at?

This is serious stuff Nico. No asking questions about were this dumb nonsense comes from, lol. As Pepe says, this all originated from some 4chan white supremacy trolling at US universities in 2017 as per this story:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/11/03/its-okay-to-be-white-signs-and-stickers-appear-on-campuses-and-streets-across-the-country/

And then, several years later, Rasmussen turns it into a trolling internet poll. They are not a dishonest pollster per se. 538 includes them in their pollster averages but uses them as their textbook example of a pollster that consistently demonstrates a specific house effect:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

The origin is trolling on US campuses. The genius scientific poll on American racial views is less thorough than what I filled out when I bought a couch. The pollster is somewhat shady. The framing of what it means comes from an internet weirdo having a racist moment. This is a dumb thing. Just lol at it.

Spikey M
28-02-2023, 03:21 PM
The BBC probably should have included some of this staggeringly important context in the article to be fair. At face value "it's OK to be white" seems fairly straight forward and for obvious reasons I don't check in with the Alt Right particularly regularly.

mikem
28-02-2023, 03:36 PM
It is a truly terrible BBC story.

-james-
28-02-2023, 07:45 PM
It's nowhere near as bad as the aristocrat's daughter who ran off with the evil black man last month, with no hint of either of them having committed a crime.

Lol this has aged badly.

Spikey M
28-02-2023, 07:50 PM

The drip feeding of info by the police doesn't help to be fair. If a baby and a woman have disappeared with a convicted sex offender then release EVERYTHING straight away.

You know a story is fucked up when when the best case scenario is that a baby froze to death in the tent on the first night.

Lofty
28-02-2023, 07:52 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-64797676

There's me worrying I have misremembered my GCSE grades on my CV.

Spikey M
28-02-2023, 08:00 PM
I went to college with a guy that moved to New Zealand and one of my friends gave a fake reference for him over the phone. The guy is now a Police Officer over there off the back of it.

Lewis
28-02-2023, 08:30 PM
The lol thing is that she would still be getting away with it if she didn't blow it suddenly becoming a greedy pleb.

Dquincy
01-03-2023, 07:36 AM
I think I may have posted a while ago about an American lady cop (married) getting bukake'd by several of her colleagues.

Well, turns out she claims she was groomed.

Spikey M
01-03-2023, 07:02 PM
The baby has been found dead as expected. :sick:

Shindig
01-03-2023, 09:48 PM
Yep. That's the smile of a woman who isn't lying. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-64803121)

She had run her gem and crystal-selling company for 15 years but footfall was down post-Covid and no-one came into her shop, so she had to close.

Go on ...

Libby has multiple disabilities, which prevent her from working full-time for an employer.

You ran a fucking business!

Dquincy
01-03-2023, 10:56 PM
:D lol

Baz
02-03-2023, 07:26 AM
Selling “crystals” on Etsy is hardly running a business. It’s stealing a living, if nothing else.

Spikey M
02-03-2023, 07:29 AM
Aren't Crystal's meant to be healing? No wonder she went bust.

Lofty
02-03-2023, 12:05 PM
She had a physical shop and blamed covid's effect on footfall for it's closure.

Don
03-03-2023, 01:51 PM
Geezer like Stephen Bear should not be making it out of a prison alive.

Dquincy
03-03-2023, 03:51 PM
Geezer like Stephen Bear should not be making it out of a prison alive.
Is he not your hero? His twitter page is...interesting.

Don
03-03-2023, 04:54 PM
I had a soft spot for him as he reminds me of my cousin but he's mentally very fragile and looks like a prime target in a prison environment so it'll be interesting to see how he copes.

Lofty
03-03-2023, 08:38 PM
He's ready for it he has been practicing with his anal invader 3000 for months. Wonder what the lads will make of his mangled cock.

Spikey M
03-03-2023, 10:29 PM
As this is a sex crime, won't he get locked up with the nonces? Lol at him.

niko_cee
03-03-2023, 10:33 PM
I have never heard of this person, but lol at the idea of turning up to court everyday in a hired roller with a cane looking like some embarrassing Connor McGregor as a mafia don caricature.

Spikey M
03-03-2023, 10:44 PM
He's hust some reality TV mong. I'm not even sure which show. Just remember the OUTRAGE when he put a video on Twitter.

Boydy
06-03-2023, 09:51 AM
YouTube star famous for hilarious kebab reviews expecting baby despite having vasectomy (https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/youtube-star-famous-hilarious-kebab-29373572?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target)

I think I'd be getting a paternity test on that one, mate.

mo
06-03-2023, 09:52 PM
As this is a sex crime, won't he get locked up with the nonces? Lol at him.

I found out today that 'nonce' means 'not on normal courtyard exercise'. Never really considered where the term had come from before, but there you go. Every day's a school day.

Shindig
06-03-2023, 10:03 PM
A word or expression called for one occasion, also. :dc:

Ian
06-03-2023, 10:15 PM
I found out today that 'nonce' means 'not on normal courtyard exercise'. Never really considered where the term had come from before, but there you go. Every day's a school day.

That sounds too neat not to be a backronym, but maybe I'm wrong.

Lofty
06-03-2023, 10:59 PM
YouTube star famous for hilarious kebab reviews expecting baby despite having vasectomy (https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/youtube-star-famous-hilarious-kebab-29373572?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target)

I think I'd be getting a paternity test on that one, mate.

Met in November and engaged a month later :D

Ben
09-03-2023, 01:47 PM
This Gary Lineker stuff is getting way overblown.

niko_cee
09-03-2023, 02:02 PM
I saw Alistair Campbell railing against him on Newsnight yesterday which confirms in my mind that Gary is probably on the right side of this one.

Still so hurt about that Gilligan stuff after all these years.

Just get over it Al, everyone knows/thinks you lied about that stuff, not least because it was all shown to be demonstrable shite in the following years.

Spikey M
09-03-2023, 02:12 PM
This Government are a horrible set of bastards, that much is true, but trying to make "stop the boats" out to be the birth of the Fourth Reich is smug silliness on a scale that possibly only Gary Lineker could manage.

Just say it's a shit plan Gaz. No need to Goodwin yourself.

Yevrah
09-03-2023, 02:24 PM
The way comparisons to the Nazi's are thrown about like confetti is really poor and were I Jewish I'd imagine I'd think it really isn't on - the seemingly accepted way these comparisons are made and received might be one for David Baddiel to consider if he ever does another documentary.

Now, Mr Lineker might well say he wasn't comparing them to what the Nazi's did in the late 30s and 40s, but more the things that they were saying in the 30s and while that might be a fair point in some respects you simply can't mention the Nazi's at all without minds wandering to experiments, the disabled, concentration camps and 6m Jews.

In short, just don't do it.

Ben
09-03-2023, 02:26 PM
He's going to end up suspended/terminated by the BBC, which is ludicrous. Funny how the Tories don't moan about BBC impartiality (which is where this started, not the Nazi comparison) when it's Laura Kuenssberg waxing lyrical about Boris.

Yevrah
09-03-2023, 02:32 PM
I'm conflicted on what should happen to him. On the one hand it is clearly ridiculous that a sports presenter can't voice an opinion on a national matter via his Twitter account, but on the other hand, rules are rules and I'm assuming Gary well knew them.

Even if he does lose his job with the Beeb he'll just go and suck more desert cash cock, so I find it hard to feel sorry for him either way.

It's also pretty lol that he thinks all of these people that are paying some serious money to come over in a dinghy are all legitimate refugees.

Boydy
09-03-2023, 02:34 PM
He's going to end up suspended/terminated by the BBC, which is ludicrous. Funny how the Tories don't moan about BBC impartiality (which is where this started, not the Nazi comparison) when it's Laura Kuenssberg waxing lyrical about Boris.

Giggles
09-03-2023, 02:44 PM
I’d love to see immigration slowed down myself, but by fuck some of you are completely delusional.

Lofty
09-03-2023, 02:48 PM
Le Tiss should come out in favour of scuttling all dinghys just for balance.

Lewis
09-03-2023, 03:51 PM
I think Crisps is pretty clever with this stuff. He knows that any worthwhile effort to reform the BBC would have forcing him into a massive pay cut near the top of its to-do list (I don't dislike the guy, but his output clearly isn't worth what they pay him), so making himself into some sort of 'reluctant' Culture War figure is a savvy insurance policy. They either don't hassle him because they don't want to look like they are going after him, or they do - directly or indirectly - and then he cries about being nobbled by the Fourth Reich on his way to Sky Sports.

Boydy
09-03-2023, 04:06 PM

Really, who gives a fuck what the presenter of MOTD's political opinions are? It doesn't affect his job. A bit more scrutiny of the actual news presenters/editors/reporters wouldn't go amiss.

Lewis
09-03-2023, 04:11 PM
He looks like if Henners wasn't Irish.

Yevrah
09-03-2023, 04:12 PM
What "very right wing" views does Andrew Neil hold, let alone shared on Twitter?

Culture wars ahoy again it seems. Fuck me.

Kikó
09-03-2023, 04:18 PM
Le Tiss should come out in favour of scuttling all dinghys just for balance.

I'm pretty sure he's said recently they're part of a secret army that they're training up so I think he'd be keen.

Lewis
09-03-2023, 04:21 PM
Andrew Neil is the final boss of boomer politics. He's probably still in shock that Boris Johnson won a massive majority despite ducking his interview.

Luke Emia
09-03-2023, 04:25 PM
The thing I have seen is the Beeb let him rant about Qatar at the start of the World Cup(I’ve got no issue with that) but if they are going to let him do that it’s a bit rich to whinge now.

Also let’s not kid ourselves if he said “Piss off we’re full’ the only papers that would be moaning are the Guardian and the Independent.

Yevrah
09-03-2023, 04:31 PM
Given he's done this numerous times in the past one wonders how this occasion has ended up in a perfect storm, with the only logical conclusion being that there's a tory briefing style move against him.

Lewis
09-03-2023, 05:13 PM
He strayed into Holocaust comparisons which it's very easy for people to cry about if it suits them. He should have stuck to more general bealing.

Jimmy Floyd
09-03-2023, 06:39 PM
Given he's done this numerous times in the past one wonders how this occasion has ended up in a perfect storm, with the only logical conclusion being that there's a tory briefing style move against him.

100% - BBC bias and stop the boats is the perfect combination to rile up the hundreds of pointless Tory backbenchers who have somehow inherited government after all the talent got used up in the previous 4-5 iterations.

Lofty
09-03-2023, 09:52 PM
Just looked at Andrew Neil's wiki page and he is suing Jennifer Acuri for saying he went noncing with Epstein :D

Lofty
10-03-2023, 11:25 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64900345

Ian
10-03-2023, 11:44 AM
Wonder what he said.

"Well those are my favourite twins since Fun House!"

Spikey M
10-03-2023, 11:57 AM
1634077618814218240?t=PdbOUpx6R1gHxFHykHqeSw&s=19

Baz
10-03-2023, 12:16 PM
lol at this (https://www.racingpost.com/news/festivals/cheltenham-festival/cheltenham-festival-fan-village-ditched-after-only-16-bookings-for-300-place-facility-aDPkJ6l6Urbh/). Unsurprisingly people didn’t wanna pay daft money to go to cheltenham and play illegal immigrant for a few days.

niko_cee
10-03-2023, 12:27 PM
The [comedy] duality of Pat's statement there obviously wasted on the modern world, after all, he seems to have got on everyone's tits it would seem.

Spikey M
10-03-2023, 01:13 PM
This is obviously completely pathetic, but on the other hand I did see this (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11836431/Who-Chris-Moyles-Radio-DJ-Im-Celebrity-stars-controversies.html) the other day and It's hard to understand how that was allowed even at the time.

Charlotte Church has recalled the time Chris Moyles offered to sleep with her after she turned 16 while live on his BBC Radio One show.

Chris made the remark after a countdown to Charlotte losing her virginity was launched when she was aged 15 and Chris was a 28-year-old.

Grim. :sick:

Ian
10-03-2023, 01:21 PM
That shit was all over the place and it was all deeply, deeply weird. It was the Sun who were counting down to her 16th wasn't it?

Baz
10-03-2023, 01:28 PM
OG Cherno.

Lofty
10-03-2023, 03:30 PM
Didn't Sam Fox have her tits out in a national paper when she was 16? Peak nonce nation.

niko_cee
10-03-2023, 03:35 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64913587

niko_cee
10-03-2023, 04:49 PM
I think Crisps is pretty clever with this stuff. He knows that any worthwhile effort to reform the BBC would have forcing him into a massive pay cut near the top of its to-do list (I don't dislike the guy, but his output clearly isn't worth what they pay him), so making himself into some sort of 'reluctant' Culture War figure is a savvy insurance policy. They either don't hassle him because they don't want to look like they are going after him, or they do - directly or indirectly - and then he cries about being nobbled by the Fourth Reich on his way to Sky Sports.

'Crisps' to 'step back' from MotD duties . . . (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64920557)

Lewis
10-03-2023, 04:51 PM
The risk for him is that he won't be missed. Would you really not watch the World Cup because Mark 'Chappers' Chapman did the England matches?

Ian
10-03-2023, 04:57 PM
I think only an idiot would think they're the real reason anybody tunes into football games and whatever else Lineker is I don't think he's that

Lewis
10-03-2023, 05:02 PM
Maybe he doesn't think that, but he's earning two million quid a year because some people do.

Don
10-03-2023, 05:04 PM
I'll tune back into MOTD if they get some big black jollof rice munching caricature to host it. Or that prim and proper one with a terrorist sounding surname.

Kikó
10-03-2023, 05:13 PM
Sick of the cancel culture. It's gone too far.

niko_cee
10-03-2023, 05:18 PM
Maybe they can get Pat Sharp to host it whilst Gary's on leave.

Don
10-03-2023, 05:22 PM
Sam Smith sashaying in for Sone Aluko's drag act to use as a human stool.

Lofty
10-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Alex Scott, obviously.

Waffdon
10-03-2023, 05:38 PM
Ian Wright :cool:

Boydy
10-03-2023, 05:39 PM
Ian Wright not doing tomorrow's show in solidarity with Lineker.

Hope there's a fucking mutiny at the BBC against the actual tory cunts running it. :drool:

Lofty
10-03-2023, 05:41 PM
Wrighty :cool:

Ben
10-03-2023, 06:00 PM
Even Richard Osman is saying it’s pathetic they’ve stood Lineker down. It’s amazing how quick the Tory supporters have pivoted to defending the BBC’s impartiality after wanting it blown up for the last however many years.

niko_cee
10-03-2023, 06:06 PM
Is Osman a big Tory fan?

I'm struggling to keep up with what Gary has been cancelled for here, is it for being a biased lefty shill, coating-off the hard working government of this country [by pointing out that the editorial style of the Daily Mail hasn't much changed, nor has its ownership, since it's pro-facist/Nazi-sympathising tone of the 1930s, take your own view as to merit of Lord Rothermere's motivations] or is it because [as I think Lewis pointed out] he has fallen foul of alluding to the Holocaust in some way or other and has therefore outed himself as a massive [lefty?] anti-semite?

Ben
10-03-2023, 06:08 PM
Not that I know of, I should have split those statements.

Ben
10-03-2023, 06:14 PM
In semi-related news:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/mar/10/david-attenborough-bbc-wild-isles-episode-rightwing-backlash-fears

Jimmy Floyd
10-03-2023, 06:35 PM
I should think anyone of note will 'step back' won't they? Apart from Danny Murphy and others who need the money.

Very careless stuff by the Tories taking on national treasures like this.

Ben
10-03-2023, 06:41 PM
If Attenborough throws a wobbler publicly we’ll have a coup by Monday.

Baz
10-03-2023, 06:42 PM
I reckon Shearer will definitely sack it off.

niko_cee
10-03-2023, 06:44 PM
Are Danny's financial woes gambling driven or just borne out of some sort of faustian debt undertaken so he could be married to Joanna Taylor for all those years?

Spikey M
10-03-2023, 06:44 PM
Fast Forward to Alex Scott saying "The easy thing, would be for me not to host it" while wearing an RNLI armband.

Danny
10-03-2023, 06:45 PM
I reckon Shearer will definitely sack it off.

Apparently he has. Strikers union

Ben
10-03-2023, 06:47 PM
Oh boy. :drool:

Waffdon
10-03-2023, 06:58 PM
I had him down as a secret right winger so that’s a nice surprise

Shindig
10-03-2023, 07:02 PM
MoTD hosted by TTH. :drool: Get Lewis on as a Roy Keane know-it-all and Yev can do the England games at tournaments.

Ian
10-03-2023, 07:05 PM
It'll be fucking Le Tissier presenting it, just you wait.

Dave.
10-03-2023, 07:30 PM
Lineker's replacement has been announced... It's a packet of crisps.:lol:

niko_cee
10-03-2023, 07:35 PM
Micah's pulled out even though he wasn't booked.

Just like to make it clear that I also won't be appearing on MotD tomorrow.

niko_cee
10-03-2023, 07:40 PM
Very careless stuff by the Tories taking on national treasures like this.

Does feel all a bit salt the earth mode, although clearly unwittingly. They just seem to have a particularly bad bunch of drones at the moment [presumably having burned through so many]. There was a cracking one on Newsnight yesterday complaining about sexual education in schools who was done up quite amusingly when the presenter asked him to detail what it was he was complaining about [clearly a ruse to get him to say something sexy] and he point blank refused, leading to the somewhat absurd situation of an elected politician railing against something but not being willing to say what it was he was railing against.

Dquincy
10-03-2023, 07:42 PM
Scummy white people.

https://www.latimes.com/environment/newsletter/2023-03-09/white-drivers-are-polluting-the-air-breathed-by-l-a-s-people-of-color-boiling-point

Shindig
10-03-2023, 07:45 PM
They'll just get the One Show crew. Jermaine Jenas throwing over to Alex Jones (not that one - unless he's also been asked) to do some analysis.

Yevrah
10-03-2023, 07:46 PM
Apparently he has. Strikers union

As a result, Match of the Day pundits Alan Shearer, Ian Wright say they won't be appearing on the show tomorrow night in solidarity with Lineker
Micah Richards and Alex Scott have also taken to social media to confirm they won't be involved in the broadcast on Saturday

Fair play to all four of them.

niko_cee
10-03-2023, 07:48 PM
Maybe they should just show slightly longer highlights of the games [including all the bits they hold back for their talking bits, always so annoying] and sack off the insight altogether?

Yevrah
10-03-2023, 07:54 PM
I suspect all involved with find out (like Keys and Gray did) that they're not that indispensable after all.

Shindig
10-03-2023, 07:54 PM
I'd like that. Matches, interviews, show the table, roll credits.

Giggles
10-03-2023, 08:02 PM
They could draft in those 40-somethings that dress like teenagers that Sky use for some epic BANTER

niko_cee
10-03-2023, 08:12 PM
Tim Lovejoy and Simon Rimmer presenting MotD?

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-03-2023, 08:14 PM
They'll just get the One Show crew. Jermaine Jenas throwing over to Alex Jones (not that one - unless he's also been asked) to do some analysis.

Nope.

Dquincy
10-03-2023, 08:28 PM
I had him down as a secret right winger so that’s a nice surprise
Nah, he played upfront.

Spikey M
10-03-2023, 08:32 PM
Nah, he played upfront.

He's a LibDem?

Dquincy
10-03-2023, 08:34 PM
Nevermind.