PDA

View Full Version : News of the day

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

Shindig
22-12-2022, 08:06 PM
"You can't fight here. This is the situation room."

Spikey M
22-12-2022, 09:49 PM
Gender changing my bollocks.

Are you going to Scotland to do it?

Shindig
24-12-2022, 10:07 AM
From the Megan Thee Stallion shooting trial:

I hate when rappers have excellent real names that they don't use.

The rapper argued that Lanez, whose real name is Daystar Peterson, became enraged after she had disparaged his musical talent.

John Arne
27-12-2022, 03:10 AM
Today I discovered Steeve Ho You Fat.

https://gyazo.com/eed4a10e4a68e2ae33ed749b6404c41f.jpeg

Danny
27-12-2022, 05:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ngBPfJ9q4E

Queenslander
28-12-2022, 05:28 AM
Jesus Christ.

Police say a relative discovered the bodies of Cindy Braddock, 25 and Jake Day, 28 in the wreckage of the family's car about five kilometres from Kondinin, where the family lived, just before midday on Tuesday.

Their youngest child, a baby boy, was found in the car, meaning he had been trapped in the vehicle for more than two days after the family began the two-hour drive from Northam at about 1am on Christmas morning.

Their five-year-old daughter and two-year-old son had managed to free themselves from the wreckage and had been stranded on the side of the road until help finally came.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-27/three-children-survive-crash-killed-parents-wheatbelt-wa/101810650

Spikey M
28-12-2022, 07:18 AM
Oofff. That 5 year old is going yo have some issues.

Alan Shearer The 2nd
28-12-2022, 03:27 PM
https://s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/stanfordlanguage.pdf

Stanford University have published a list of "Forbidden words", along with suggested alternatives. Some of it is incredible.

Imagine being at uni or working in academia with all this sort of bollocks, they live on a different planet.

Pepe
28-12-2022, 03:34 PM
Imagine. :(

Alan Shearer The 2nd
28-12-2022, 05:13 PM
How do you manage?

Pepe
28-12-2022, 06:22 PM
By not talking to anyone, basically. That is the good part of the job: all I need to do is to show up for my classes, publish once in a while, and then I can fuck off and do as I please. The amount of shit that is sent via email is seethe-inducing though.

Pepe
28-12-2022, 06:24 PM
My department is alright though. We give the lowest grades of the entire university. :drool:

Shindig
28-12-2022, 06:38 PM
I like that. Keeping shit real. :cool:

Alan Shearer The 2nd
28-12-2022, 08:16 PM
Thought you might have an enforced 'they/them' in your email signature.

Pepe
28-12-2022, 09:12 PM
Pronouns are not yet enforced, only strongly encouraged, but I assume that it is a matter of time.

I have attached the TLC’s syllabus template as well as a document that has our college's inclusion statement and some other required and optional statements. Per the Provost’s office, you must include a disability accommodation statement. I personally suggest that you also include an inclusion statement, a mental health statement, and a pronoun usage statement.

:harold:

randomlegend
28-12-2022, 10:40 PM
I don't even know what those things are (pronouns aside).

Is a disability accommodation statement literally just like "If you are disabled I will accommodate this mate"?

Alan Shearer The 2nd
28-12-2022, 10:51 PM
Good grief. You have my sympathies. :sick:

phonics
28-12-2022, 11:01 PM

Is a disability accommodation statement literally just like "If you are disabled I will accommodate this mate"?

It's libtard nonsense like 'We're wheelchair accessible' which they're legally mandated to do because no-one did it for 100s of years. It's a fucking disgrace. Pol Pot had the right idea. Put anyone with glasses to the wall.

Pepe
28-12-2022, 11:07 PM

It says that if they have a disability, they should contact the office of accessibility so that they can get accommodations. You will be interested to know that over 30% (and rising) of our students receive accommodations for all kinds of 'disabilities' they claim to have. Usually it means that they get 50% more time to complete their exams, although that has creeped up and now most are getting double time. Obviously they are all just a bunch of chancers. None of them is disabled in any way, or at least none of the ones who have required accommodations in any of my classes.

niko_cee
28-12-2022, 11:17 PM
On the mad US student front a friend of mine is some sort of finance officer for American students at the University of Brighton, dealing with the US government loans to their students. He's been getting a lot of grief off one particular student who has been desperately trying to take out all sorts of loans. Now 'that student' claims that they haven't taken out any loans and it's all been an elaborate identity theft and the FBI are involved because it's some sort of reasonably serious federal crime. :cab:

We suggest you include an inclusion statement reads a bit mad.

-james-
28-12-2022, 11:22 PM
It says that if they have a disability, they should contact the office of accessibility so that they can get accommodations. You will be interested to know that over 30% (and rising) of our students receive accommodations for all kinds of 'disabilities' they claim to have. Usually it means that they get 50% more time to complete their exams, although that has creeped up and now most are getting double time. Obviously they are all just a bunch of chancers. None of them is disabled in any way, or at least none of the ones who have required accommodations in any of my classes.

Is loads of it "ADHD"? Being prescribed Adderall is already a cheat code for exams.

Pepe
28-12-2022, 11:27 PM
We are not given that information but my guess is that most of it is 'ADHD', yes.

Lewis
29-12-2022, 12:01 AM
We have two dyslexics at my work - one calls it a disability and works from home half the week to accommodate it (presumably they just battle through the other days), and the other didn't realise they had it until they were doing their Masters degree and just cracks on like a normal person. At the same time, between the lift being temperamental and having to move your own boxes, it would be pretty much impossible for any genuine disableds to work there, so we maintain an interesting and delicate balance.

Shindig
29-12-2022, 07:55 AM
Our two had an automatic door installed on the first floor. It broke down so often they just had people hold it open for them.

Meanwhile, Fat cunts in Brazil. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-63950286)

Aged 14, having got stuck in the bus turnstile yet again, and feeling the eyes of the rest of the passengers on her, she vowed never to take this form of public transport again.

Bloody fatphobic turnstiles.

Giggles
29-12-2022, 08:22 AM
All that ADHD and mental health shite is the biggest con known to man.

Spikey M
29-12-2022, 08:56 AM
Worse is "autism" which tries to pass off kids that can't talk and have to wear crash helmets as having the same condition as Einstein level geniuses.

Bernanke
29-12-2022, 11:13 AM
Our two had an automatic door installed on the first floor. It broke down so often they just had people hold it open for them.

Meanwhile, Fat cunts in Brazil. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-63950286)

13% of children aged five to nine are obese

7% of children up to the age of five are obese

:sick:

Offshore Toon
29-12-2022, 11:40 AM
Maybe working in the care industry has given me more insight than most, but you lot are on one with these mental health/disorder takes.

Spikey M
29-12-2022, 12:02 PM
Maybe working in the care industry has given me more insight than most, but you lot are on one with these mental health/disorder takes.

To clarify my point, I'm not saying Autism isn't a thing, just that I think it's a non-diagnosis alot of the time. A bit like my IBS diagnosis, which is essentially doctors saying "well it's not Chrones and it's not Coeliacs so fuck knows what's wrong with you m8".

My Nephew has "autism" and also had to have heart surgery at the age of 18 months, something that is apparently common in people that have Down Syndrome relatives (which he does) according to his doctor at Brompton. Which just makes "oh it's autism" feel like a bit of a "fuck knows tbh". I just wonder how much of that is going on along a "spectrum" that manages to inclulde the hyper-social, the hyper-unsocial, Einstein and non-vernal people that can't cope with a coaster being out of place. I think there are alot of Syndromes and disorders that are just "Autism" because they just don't know what it actually is.

Alex
29-12-2022, 12:10 PM

:D

The mind boggles at the thought process whereby, after finding yourself getting stuck in bus turnstiles on what sounds like a semi-regular basis, you decide to swerve the very clear and obvious conclusion that you really need to lose some weight and, instead, embark upon a crusade against society for being "fat phobic".

Don
29-12-2022, 12:17 PM
My nephew is being lined up to be tested by his fuckwit parents and will no doubt get a diagnosis but I've seen enough in his 4 years to fully believe it's all just learned behaviours. The useless couple in question could barely function in society so I saw this coming long before his arrival. There's obviously a genetic predisposition looking at our entire family but where I have been able to don the spectrum, this poor kid stood no chance with his parents. You fucking spend every waking second of the child's life bending over backwards to accomodate for his needs like a pair of melts and make him completely unaware of the concept of not getting his way and then you send him to a fucking paedo doctor to get slapped with a disability tag when he throws tantrums at not getting his way?

Pepe
29-12-2022, 12:23 PM

All of these diseases are obviously a thing, but in the care industry you see the real cases. In my university you just see little cheating twats trying to gain any advantage they can.

Spikey M
29-12-2022, 12:35 PM
All of these diseases are obviously a thing, but in the care industry you see the real cases. In my university you just see little cheating twats trying to gain any advantage they can.
Magic

Boydy
29-12-2022, 12:50 PM
Maybe that's a symptom of how relentlessly competitive society is.

Spikey M
29-12-2022, 12:52 PM
Alright Oxbridge.

Magic
29-12-2022, 01:11 PM
Magic

:(

Magic
29-12-2022, 01:11 PM
More real than Crowvid.

Pepe
29-12-2022, 02:03 PM
Maybe that's a symptom of how relentlessly competitive society is.

Maybe, but these kids can afford a $70,000 per year university. They are already winning.

Lofty
29-12-2022, 02:07 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-64116668

Who the fuck wants a 'Merry Christmas' text from their doctor's surgery anyway?

Pepe
29-12-2022, 02:12 PM
:lol:

Spikey M
29-12-2022, 02:39 PM

niko_cee
29-12-2022, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I saw that earlier. Quite an impressive fuck up to go from Merry Christmas to a terminal cancer diagnosis.

Boydy
29-12-2022, 02:59 PM
Maybe, but these kids can afford a $70,000 per year university. They are already winning.

Of course but there's probably a lot of pressure from their parents who are paying the $70k per year fees.

Magic
29-12-2022, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I saw that earlier. Quite an impressive fuck up to go from Merry Christmas to a terminal cancer diagnosis.

Imagine you were the one that actually had it though for triple lols.

Lewis
29-12-2022, 03:20 PM
My nephew is being lined up to be tested by his fuckwit parents and will no doubt get a diagnosis but I've seen enough in his 4 years to fully believe it's all just learned behaviours. The useless couple in question could barely function in society so I saw this coming long before his arrival. There's obviously a genetic predisposition looking at our entire family but where I have been able to don the spectrum, this poor kid stood no chance with his parents. You fucking spend every waking second of the child's life bending over backwards to accomodate for his needs like a pair of melts and make him completely unaware of the concept of not getting his way and then you send him to a fucking paedo doctor to get slapped with a disability tag when he throws tantrums at not getting his way?

My friend has an autistic nephew that sits just the wrong side of the sweet spot where he apparently knows absolutely everything there is to know about dinosaurs, but, at the same time, if he gets driven home from school the 'wrong' way he throws a wobbler and tries to smash the car windows. Did they just slap that sort of thing out of them back in the olden days?

Magic
29-12-2022, 03:21 PM
Looney bin probably.

Spikey M
29-12-2022, 03:23 PM
Of course but there's probably a lot of pressure from their parents who are paying the $70k per year fees.

You're such a tart. :D

Don
29-12-2022, 03:30 PM
my friend has an autistic nephew that sits just the wrong side of the sweet spot where he apparently knows absolutely everything there is to know about dinosaurs, but, at the same time, if he gets driven home from school the 'wrong' way he throws a wobbler and tries to smash the car windows. Did they just slap that sort of thing out of them back in the olden days?

100% imho.

Baz
29-12-2022, 03:32 PM
The good old days, when you could watch a nativity without someone barking in the corner in a helmet.

Lewis
29-12-2022, 03:39 PM
There was one proper autistic at my primary school, and he used to run around putting people in wrestling holds whilst his pensioner carer tried to talk him out of it. He disappeared to a 'special school' before secondary, so maybe they just buried them in those back then instead of being soft and letting them ruin lessons for everybody else.

niko_cee
29-12-2022, 04:17 PM
My friend has an autistic nephew that sits just the wrong side of the sweet spot where he apparently knows absolutely everything there is to know about dinosaurs, but, at the same time, if he gets driven home from school the 'wrong' way he throws a wobbler and tries to smash the car windows. Did they just slap that sort of thing out of them back in the olden days?

Yes, pretty much.

A friend I went to school with from an early age would be 100% autistic nowadays. No such thing existed then so he just had to get on, which he did well enough [went to a grammar school, got a degree and now has a decent civil service job]. His kid, who is officially autistic is probably going to end up on the educational/life scrapheap. I guess it's progress.

And yes also to 'inclusivity' [ie having all sorts of SEN folk in the classroom] just serving to fuck things up for everyone else.

Giggles
29-12-2022, 05:18 PM
It’s never anyone’s fault for anything it’s the system. Good lad Boydy, you’ll go far.

Boydy
29-12-2022, 05:26 PM
You're such a tart. :D

It’s never anyone’s fault for anything it’s the system. Good lad Boydy, you’ll go far.

God forbid we try to understand the reasons for things, you thick cunts. Suck my Oxford dick.

Kikó
29-12-2022, 05:28 PM
Gwarn boydy

Giggles
29-12-2022, 05:30 PM
Gen-soft.

Lewis
Boyd is autistic.

Spikey M
Pitying Mert because his parents paid his way through Uni but expected him to pass his course is possibly the peak of Mount Softshite. It generated a legitimate, real world lol.

Lewis
29-12-2022, 05:34 PM
I bet Mert earns mega money now the fat prick.

Boydy
29-12-2022, 05:36 PM
Boyd is autistic.

It's glasshouses all round on here for accusations like that.

Lewis
29-12-2022, 05:50 PM
No 'accusations' here friend.

Spikey M
29-12-2022, 05:55 PM
It's alright Lewis, they often struggle to discern intent and meaning apparently.

Pepe
29-12-2022, 06:03 PM
I bet Mert earns mega money now the fat prick.

He was in some finance shit, wasn't he?

Bernanke
29-12-2022, 06:10 PM
He was in some finance shit, wasn't he?

Law studies no?

Pepe
29-12-2022, 06:11 PM
Yes, it was law.

Kikó
29-12-2022, 06:37 PM
Luca met him recently and not only is Mert apparently normal but also doing well in some law firm.

Ian
29-12-2022, 07:03 PM
So he's just a professional cunt now, hiding the worst excesses of his personal cuntiness.

Giggles
29-12-2022, 07:06 PM
A thumbs up from Luca probably isn’t the best seal of approval anyway.

Shindig
29-12-2022, 07:08 PM
Bergstein, Goldberg & Arkan.

Spikey M
29-12-2022, 07:13 PM
So he's just a professional cunt now, hiding the worst excesses of his personal cuntiness.

Yeah, but aren't we all really?

Ian
29-12-2022, 07:15 PM
There are levels to these things.

randomlegend
29-12-2022, 07:21 PM

Yeah it's pretty lol. Engaging on it is pointless though.

randomlegend
29-12-2022, 07:24 PM
To clarify my point, I'm not saying Autism isn't a thing, just that I think it's a non-diagnosis alot of the time. A bit like my IBS diagnosis, which is essentially doctors saying "well it's not Chrones and it's not Coeliacs so fuck knows what's wrong with you m8".

My Nephew has "autism" and also had to have heart surgery at the age of 18 months, something that is apparently common in people that have Down Syndrome relatives (which he does) according to his doctor at Brompton. Which just makes "oh it's autism" feel like a bit of a "fuck knows tbh". I just wonder how much of that is going on along a "spectrum" that manages to inclulde the hyper-social, the hyper-unsocial, Einstein and non-vernal people that can't cope with a coaster being out of place. I think there are alot of Syndromes and disorders that are just "Autism" because they just don't know what it actually is.

A lot of people who have a diagnosis of autism have one because their parents have paid a dodgy private company to give them what they want.

randomlegend
29-12-2022, 07:32 PM
There was one proper autistic at my primary school, and he used to run around putting people in wrestling holds whilst his pensioner carer tried to talk him out of it. He disappeared to a 'special school' before secondary, so maybe they just buried them in those back then instead of being soft and letting them ruin lessons for everybody else.

There are not enough special school places.

My wife is about to start working at one (having been a special educational needs co-ordinator for the last few years) and they get >90 applications for every space they have come available, and they are all kids who need the space.

Lofty
29-12-2022, 07:36 PM
ADHD/Autism also a staple of online grifter bingo.

Spikey M
29-12-2022, 07:45 PM
ADHD/Autism also a staple of online grifter bingo.

Does 'she who must not be named' claim to have it?

Spikey M
29-12-2022, 07:52 PM
There are not enough special school places.

My wife is about to start working at one (having been a special educational needs co-ordinator for the last few years) and they get >90 applications for every space they have come available, and they are all kids who need the space.

My Nephew will be starting in one next September. It's a tough one as he is borderline. For the last few years he has had a one on one "teacher" to help him in class each day, but she has moved up north and the school apparently can't find a replacement (even though they're still getting the funding). So he's going to a school that he is probably too high functioning for as a result. And there ends today's episode of "yes, absolutely everything is shit at the moment".

Kikó
29-12-2022, 08:01 PM
Does 'she who must not be named' claim to have it?

Of course.

Lofty
29-12-2022, 08:04 PM
Indeed and it is both her superpower and her excuse for all failings.

Magic
29-12-2022, 08:29 PM
I'd rather be autistic, seems to be revered these days.

randomlegend
29-12-2022, 08:36 PM
I'd rather be autistic, seems to be revered these days.

Good news!

Giggles
29-12-2022, 08:46 PM
Prime example of someone that’s not autistic and just a cunt.

Magic
29-12-2022, 08:50 PM
Good news!

Another incorrect diagnosis.

Boydy
29-12-2022, 08:58 PM
Good news!

Lol

Lewis
29-12-2022, 09:18 PM

My mother informs me that this lad was actually a Downy. He was definitely the only one of those I ever saw at any level of education.

Dquincy
29-12-2022, 11:44 PM
A lot of people who have a diagnosis of autism have one because their parents have paid a dodgy private company to give them what they want.
There is also the fact that a diagnosis through the NHS/school system can take over a year, which is ridiculous. So understandably parents who can afford it will try to speed up the assessment. But yeah, fair point that the paying of an assessment may impair the assessor if pressure is applied.

99% sure my eldest is ASD and it is so fucking challenging, for him and us.

Baz
30-12-2022, 12:42 AM
My mother informs me that this lad was actually a Downy. He was definitely the only one of those I ever saw at any level of education.

I love the idea of you discussing recent TTH topics with your mum.

Did she rate you more as a centrehalf or fullback for my FM team?

Lewis
30-12-2022, 12:53 AM
We got onto it because she was talking about somebody she knows whose shithead kid has just been diagnosed with something excusing poor parenting, and that there wasn't as much of this about when I was at school. I mentioned the aforementioned autistic, and she said, well, actually, he had Down's syndrome, so that's why he used to slap people in Sharpshooters every playtime. It also turns out that his ineffectual zookeeper was a friend of my nan's, so I'll have to ask her whether she's still knocking about.

Magic
30-12-2022, 10:12 AM
I love the idea of you discussing recent TTH topics with your mum.

Did she rate you more as a centrehalf or fullback for my FM team?

She's 100% a skeleton on a chair. He's a lunatic.

Waffdon
02-01-2023, 11:16 AM
https://t.co/RDHeS7quDs

30 second walk from me and I slept through it. Took 25 mins for the bastards to let the car out of the crime scene tape. Now I’m running late for Edinburgh smh

Gray Fox
02-01-2023, 12:05 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64143964

So has he rolled it or crashed into another plough?

Giggles
02-01-2023, 12:14 PM
More fuel :drool:

The government have so badly judged this.

Disco
02-01-2023, 12:18 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64143964

So has he rolled it or crashed into another plough?

Almost certainly rolled it, the winter version of the deadly celeb piloted quad.

niko_cee
03-01-2023, 01:39 PM
Direct Provision Centre sounds very dystopian.

Giggles
03-01-2023, 02:01 PM
Direct Provision Centre sounds very dystopian.

Doesn't read much better, (http://doras.org/direct-provision/) especially when you consider the figures here too https://homelessnessinireland.ie/

But, so long as Leo gets his nice cushy EU job for his retirement that's all that matters.

SvN
03-01-2023, 04:02 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-64151441

What a psycho. She won't get more than 6 months though, if there's any custodial sentence at all.

SincereTheRebel
03-01-2023, 04:56 PM

What a psycho. She won't get more than 6 months though, if there's any custodial sentence at all.

Wild. That really is hideous. Lying on her pussy like that.

Shindig
03-01-2023, 06:06 PM
Breaking out the claw hammer just to cement it is batshit.

Spikey M
03-01-2023, 06:41 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63736944

Fuck me. What a grim state of affairs. The worrying thing is that the extremification (is that a word?) of teenagers appears to be fairly normal these days. Everyone has to be ALL IN on every position they have. No nuance allowed. This is the inevitable end point.

We're just America now, aren't we?

niko_cee
03-01-2023, 06:54 PM
What an awful story.

Lewis
03-01-2023, 07:29 PM
Besides the classic bureaucratic fuck ups, the rest of that is mongs all the way down, and the mother wants locking up. I'm not sure it's particularly representative of anything normal.

Jimmy Floyd
03-01-2023, 07:33 PM
It's all to do with the internet, the fact that it's in English and therefore we are utterly defenceless against the tidal wave of shite produced by 300 million Americans (and a fair few Brits).

In the 1980s you could become a far right skinhead if you wanted to, but you'd have to actually go out and join it, be seen in it, and have your uncle and five blokes down the pub call you a twat. Nowadays you can seethe yourself to death over a warm can of Relentless in the comfort of a dark bedroom, be groomed by someone on the other side of the world, and no one is any the wiser.

Lewis
03-01-2023, 07:37 PM
The only 'internet/America bad' angle here is that her appalling mother met a partner through a pen pal system for American prisoners. With a slightly less shit one of those none of this happens.

Shindig
03-01-2023, 07:39 PM
And then he also turned out to be a right-wing extremist.

Boydy
03-01-2023, 08:19 PM
Besides the classic bureaucratic fuck ups, the rest of that is mongs all the way down, and the mother wants locking up. I'm not sure it's particularly representative of anything normal.

Aye, I was reading at then got down to the bit about her ma's boyfriend being a fucking ex-con from the US who'd been in white supremacist gangs ffs.

niko_cee
03-01-2023, 09:37 PM
Looked like he was straight out of American History X.

Lofty
03-01-2023, 10:05 PM

Already been remanded longer than that, and assume there will be civil cases to answer on the back of this.

Lewis
03-01-2023, 10:31 PM
The news story about that girl had the mother in her best nan jumper, clutching a cup of tea, acting like it was all freaks she met on the internet. Surely any sort of official report on it all is going to slam her through the floor?

Manc
03-01-2023, 10:42 PM
She didn't even seem fussed.

Don
05-01-2023, 12:57 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/04/how-eleanor-williamss-lies-about-grooming-and-abuse-unravelled

The additional details about the just giving page and stuff make me want to see the fallout from this amongst all those campaigning mongs, is this round Lofty's ends? Any decent material?

The main geezer looks a proper wrong'un though, paedo mugshot, cocaine possession and assaulting his ex aside, no fucking man of any moral worth has 74 appointments on Companies House full of complete shite like that. 'Entrepreneur' my arse, you thieving curry-muncher.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/wv6iNTIbpyuY1YStkUffEF_Rhp4/appointments?page=1

Spikey M
05-01-2023, 08:43 AM
Worse than Holly Dance and Jack Monroe combined.

Barrow 2 - 3 Southend.

Kikó
05-01-2023, 05:34 PM
Speaking of which
https://www.panmacmillan.com/thrifty-kitchen-statement-january-2023

Giggles
05-01-2023, 06:31 PM
:cool:

Lofty
08-01-2023, 09:42 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64179548

Foe
08-01-2023, 08:10 PM
Kicking off a bit in Brazil.

You’d think people smashing their way into a government building would be met with quite considerable force, but apparently not.

Jimmy Floyd
08-01-2023, 08:20 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64205460

I'm probably being an idiot here, but after this ban is in place, how is Flaming Grill down the road going to hand me a takeaway doner kebab? Will I have to bring my own plate or something?

Lewis
08-01-2023, 08:23 PM
In a cardboard box/tray like what fish and chips come in.

randomlegend
08-01-2023, 08:24 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64205460

I'm probably being an idiot here, but after this ban is in place, how is Flaming Grill down the road going to hand me a takeaway doner kebab? Will I have to bring my own plate or something?

I'm guessing it's only single use plastic stuff which is being banned? So it'll have to be cardboard/paper packaging?

Spikey M
08-01-2023, 08:25 PM
Either wrapped in paper or in a cardboard box I presume.

Yevrah
08-01-2023, 08:26 PM
Wrap it in paper I guess, but I do wonder how far this extends. Do those trays curry dishes come in count? If so, fuck knows how that'll be dealt with.

Lewis
08-01-2023, 08:27 PM
Good to see the government tackling the big problems anyway.

Yevrah
08-01-2023, 08:27 PM
Either wrapped in paper or in a cardboard box I presume.

On that. Are we not bothered about trees anymore? It was the number 1 environmental thing on people's minds when I was a kid. Was it always all bullshit?

Jimmy Floyd
08-01-2023, 08:30 PM
The posho takeaways are using cardboard already, but I bet it's way more expensive than the polystyrene used by bog standard outlets. More gentrification of the nation via government regulation.

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-01-2023, 08:37 PM
Wrap it in paper I guess, but I do wonder how far this extends. Do those trays curry dishes come in count? If so, fuck knows how that'll be dealt with.

Surely not because you can re-use them.

But then I don't know what a single use plastic tray/container is.

Edit: Seems it's just the polystyrene crap which is good news, fuck those.

Ben
08-01-2023, 09:17 PM
In Singapore your curry comes in one of those clear ziplock bags.

Baz
08-01-2023, 09:30 PM
In Singapore your curry comes in one of those clear ziplock bags.https://media.tenor.com/oEZSFr6A-7EAAAAC/the-hangover-part-ii-what-its-a-bag-of-fanta.gif

Spikey M
08-01-2023, 09:54 PM
On that. Are we not bothered about trees anymore? It was the number 1 environmental thing on people's minds when I was a kid. Was it always all bullshit?

They've decided its OK now because trees are regenerative.

(Obviously they aren't being regenerated, hence the rapid shrinkage of forests around the world, and even if they were trees take decades to grow, but you know... standard nonsense for this government)

Giggles
08-01-2023, 09:56 PM
Saving trees wasn’t lucrative enough.

Lewis
08-01-2023, 10:01 PM
This country has more forest coverage now than it has had since the Black Death, and most developed countries are similar. It's the mongs of the world, who also chuck their plastic in the sea, that are still at it.

Spikey M
08-01-2023, 10:06 PM
This country has more forest coverage now than it has had since the Black Death, and most developed countries are similar. It's the mongs of the world, who also chuck their plastic in the sea, that are still at it.

But the monster of the world is where the paper / cardboard will be sourced. They're not going to start chopping down trees over here.

Plus, alot of the reforestation that has happened is of the wrong type anyway. Usually Palm Oil plantations that do more harm than good. Is that forest in Siberia still on fire?

Yevrah
08-01-2023, 10:06 PM

If Seaspiracy was remotely correct then that's the least of our worries when it comes to the ocean too.

Spikey M
08-01-2023, 10:10 PM
If Seaspiracy was remotely correct then that's the least of our worries when it comes to the ocean too.

Seaspiracy had alot of bullshit in it apparently, but the broad message - we are killing the ocean - is correct.

Equally worrying is what we are doing to insects. (https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/news/2022/may/uks-flying-insects-have-declined-60-in-20-years.html)

Pepe
08-01-2023, 10:37 PM
That insect thing is still unclear on whether it is an issue at all or not.

Ben
09-01-2023, 07:51 AM
The far right at it again. Bolsonaro's guys have stormed Congress.

Pepe
09-01-2023, 01:01 PM
If only they had won the World Cup. None of this would be happening.

Don
09-01-2023, 01:02 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2023/jan/09/lets-celebrate-love-rupauls-dragcon-uk-a-photo-essay

The 2 gingers and the 3 paragraphs above it relating to them are frightening stuff.

Pepe
09-01-2023, 01:05 PM
Why don't you want children to be who they want to be?

niko_cee
09-01-2023, 02:06 PM
If children want to think that RuPaul's drag race is either entertaining or amusing then just let them have at it. Not sure I really get the context in which you'd introduce it to them but whatever. Doesn't nature prevail over nurture in these things anyway?

Ben
09-01-2023, 02:08 PM
My wife watches it. I don't understand it but whatever.

niko_cee
09-01-2023, 02:10 PM
I prefer Glow Up for my gender challenging trash TV.

-james-
09-01-2023, 02:15 PM
I quite enjoy drag race sometimes but RuPaul seems like a bit of a grifter. I should have put him on my 2023 nonce list.

niko_cee
12-01-2023, 03:25 PM
My sidebar indulgences today have told me that Richard Rufus has been sent down for a multi-million pound fraud (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64251280) and that London's new ULEZ can be sidestepped if you car is over 40 years old. Surely that's a bit of an unneeded and harmful loophole.

Ben
12-01-2023, 03:31 PM
If you're investing enough time and money into a pre-1983 car for it to be a daily runner then you deserve to be exempt just through perseverance. There'll probably be about five cars that fall into that category.

Spikey M
14-01-2023, 12:01 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-64264588?at_campaign=Social_Flow&at_link_origin=BBCNews&at_link_id=4B3C1556-93F3-11ED-9D0A-2C6996E8478F&at_link_type=web_link&at_ptr_name=twitter&at_format=link&at_campaign_type=owned&at_bbc_team=editorial&at_medium=social

:cab:

Shindig
14-01-2023, 01:12 PM
Traditional Asian medicine is one hell of a cult.

Lewis
14-01-2023, 04:16 PM
This (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-64248542) is top work from her, but imagine letting your guard down like that after literally getting away with two rapes. Even if taunting her is part of the thrill, there must be non-incriminating ways to do so.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-01-2023, 04:17 PM
"Ms Wilson said that despite audio and written confessions being used in court, the verdict was not unanimous."

Spikey M
16-01-2023, 08:00 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-64293158

The Met are giving the Catholic Church a run for their money at the moment.

phonics
16-01-2023, 08:14 PM
Look Spikey, it was only 24 counts of rape. It's not like it was more than 1 rape a year. How are we supposed to keep criminals off the streets if we don't let the rapists in?

Ian
16-01-2023, 08:34 PM
By "investigating" 1000 claims do they mean they're going "Nah, Dave's too good a bloke, always gets his round in, bin that one"?

Spikey M
16-01-2023, 08:41 PM
More likely investing the women that made the complaints to see how they can justify calling them liars.

Shindig
16-01-2023, 08:43 PM
Look Spikey, it was only 24 counts of rape. It's not like it was more than 1 rape a year. How are we supposed to keep criminals off the streets if we don't let the rapists in?

"I solved more rapes that I committed, your Honour."

phonics
16-01-2023, 10:15 PM
By "investigating" 1000 claims do they mean they're going "Nah, Dave's too good a bloke, always gets his round in, bin that one"?

Speaking of Daves. Is this the copper that was nicknamed 'The Rapist' or 'Bastard Dave'?

The Met, what an absolute shower of a force. The one time I argued with Jim and actually was on the right side of history that one.

"I solved more rapes that I committed, your Honour."

If it's anything like the coppers I've dealt with in my recent times then if 'closing the case with no investigation' counts as 'solved' I can imagine it would be a correct assessment.

Ian
16-01-2023, 10:49 PM
"The Rapist" was the Sarah Everard one wasn't it?

Spikey M
16-01-2023, 10:51 PM
Yes.

And 799 of his coworkers.

Ben
17-01-2023, 07:10 AM
There's definitely a terrible culture in the Met. People may argue it's always them in the news because they employ the most coppers by far, but even on rapists per capita they've surely got to be miles ahead still.

Ian
17-01-2023, 08:28 AM
Just reading there he's another one who's been reported multiple times for domestic abuse, assault etc.

It'd be worrying if they were meant to be stopping crime, eh.

Jimmy Floyd
17-01-2023, 08:33 AM
If you employ 45,000 people there are going to be some dregs in there. Don't think a 'culture' causes people to commit assault or domestic abuse.

My old man was telling me the other day about how he once arrested his own front desk PC after discovering a scheme he had cooked up. Every time a member of the public would come into the station with a found wallet, banknotes or other valuable items, the officer would call a friend who would come in and claim it, and they'd split the proceeds. This worked a couple of times until the third or fourth time, he was bright enough to call a friend who also worked for the police, which was seen as a bit too convenient.

Bernanke
17-01-2023, 08:47 AM
If you employ 45,000 people there are going to be some dregs in there. Don't think a 'culture' causes people to commit assault or domestic abuse.

Probably not, but it might stem from the fact that you to a larger extent than other workplaces hire melts who do it.

Shindig
17-01-2023, 08:51 AM
800 wrong'ns in still a significant number.

Lofty
17-01-2023, 08:54 AM
It is a culture problem, not necessarily that there are too many men or whatever because lol at the amount of tiny women I've seen as a lone responding officer offering as much threat as my 8 year old niece.

The standards and vetting are a joke however. It's even worse now apparently as they desperately try and reach Bojo's officer targets, a report surfaced about all the bad behaviour that had happened in station houses yet hadn't seen cadets dismissed including theft and assaulting other officers. I tried to find the report but search is hammered with so many incidents it's a needle in a haystack.

I remember an off duty officer went into a clothes shop and pissed in their changing room whilst drunk, gave the staff a load of grief and kept her job. Pretty sure any of the three above would see me lose my job.

Do they not use an outside force/impartial central investigation branch to look at these complaints in this day and age?

niko_cee
17-01-2023, 12:47 PM
Wily Boly/Divock Origi/Romelu Lukaku/Whoever Leeds sing about eat your heart out (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64304111)

“So now Boston has a big bronze penis statue that’s supposed to represent black love at its purest and most devotional. This is no accident. The woke algorithm is racist and classist.”

:cab:

Spikey M
17-01-2023, 01:12 PM
The main problem with the police is the same as the main problem with politicians: the people that want those jobs are also quite likely to be the last people you want doing them.

Pepe
17-01-2023, 01:24 PM
Weren't you looking for a career change? That's an option right there for you.

Spikey M
17-01-2023, 01:33 PM
I'm not really racist or rapey enough to make it through training.

Plus they only pay about 25 grand which isn't enough even with the perks.

Ian
17-01-2023, 01:41 PM
So you start running a protection/ extortion racket.

C'mon Spikey it's like you don't even want to be an awful bastard.

Raoul Duke
17-01-2023, 05:38 PM
I'm not really racist or rapey enough to make it through training.

Sorry, could you specify if this is in regards to the politician or police job?

Giggles
17-01-2023, 05:40 PM
He’s up for Harry’s slot in the RF.

Manc
17-01-2023, 09:13 PM
I have a friend who works in HR for GMP and they simply don't sack people.

Bernanke
18-01-2023, 10:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUOir-SAKDs&ab_channel=TheTelegraph

Look how they struggle. :happycry:

Boydy
18-01-2023, 10:08 AM

Ian
18-01-2023, 01:24 PM
"His colleagues were as surprised as anybody to learn that Richard, who they affectionately referred to as Dicky the Super Nonce-"

CJay
18-01-2023, 01:32 PM
My sidebar indulgences today have told me that Richard Rufus has been sent down for a multi-million pound fraud (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64251280) and that London's new ULEZ can be sidestepped if you car is over 40 years old. Surely that's a bit of an unneeded and harmful loophole.

I’m almost certain Richard Rufus died. Did I make that up? Clearly I did, but who am I conflating him with?

Lofty
18-01-2023, 01:46 PM
"His colleagues were as surprised as anybody to learn that Richard, who they affectionately referred to as Dicky the Super Nonce-"

It is almost brass eye level now.

Jimmy Floyd
18-01-2023, 02:05 PM
I’m almost certain Richard Rufus died. Did I make that up? Clearly I did, but who am I conflating him with?

William Rufus?

Spikey M
18-01-2023, 02:06 PM
Richard Watkinson? More like Dick Wat Kid, son? Amirite.

CJay
18-01-2023, 02:50 PM
Black English centre back. Dead (or maybe just prematurely retired due to heart problems).

Not Ugo Ehiogu. I think.

I was utterly convinced (as convinced as you can be about the status of an obscure noughties footballer). My world is shaken!

Luke Emia
18-01-2023, 03:18 PM
Black English centre back. Dead (or maybe just prematurely retired due to heart problems).

Not Ugo Ehiogu. I think.

I was utterly convinced (as convinced as you can be about the status of an obscure noughties footballer). My world is shaken!

Dean Richards?

CJay
18-01-2023, 03:26 PM
Bingo. Thank you.

SvN
18-01-2023, 03:29 PM
Here's a fun quiz for you - https://www.sporcle.com/games/Freddie/in-memorium-deceased-premier-league-footballers

Jimmy Floyd
18-01-2023, 04:21 PM
I'm in the opposite camp, I don't think I knew that Dean Richards had died.

Jimmy Floyd
18-01-2023, 04:31 PM
Here's a fun quiz for you - https://www.sporcle.com/games/Freddie/in-memorium-deceased-premier-league-footballers

Had no idea about Steve Gohouri, Valery Mezague or Goran Bunjevcevic.

Getting older is just the increasingly rapid deaths of people of whom you are aware, isn't it?

niko_cee
18-01-2023, 05:19 PM
I'm in the opposite camp, I don't think I knew that Dean Richards had died.

I reckon I probably did at the time, but that information has since left my brain, only to re-enter some 12 years later.

Lofty
18-01-2023, 05:23 PM

Getting older is just the increasingly rapid deaths of people of whom you are aware, isn't it?

Someone from another forum I frequented as long as this one died today, posted 2 days ago. I knew he was ill but still, bit of a shock. Give it a few years and the annual death pool thread will just be us predicting each other's exit date.

Kikó
18-01-2023, 05:28 PM

It's the vaccine wake up sheeple.

Lofty
18-01-2023, 09:02 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64315594

Ruh roh

Disco
18-01-2023, 09:06 PM
Notable figures in a helicopter during wartime, might as well have shot them in the boarding lounge and saved the fuel.

Don
18-01-2023, 09:06 PM
I hope @RussiaMinistryofDe-Fence have posted some well funny lol memes on it.

Don
19-01-2023, 12:09 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/18/missing-constance-marten-mark-gordon-newborn-carrying-cash-police-say

Nothing to see here, all seems very normal and lacking suspicious behaviour from all parties.

Lewis
19-01-2023, 12:13 AM
Do you mean him sticking around for the birth?

Spikey M
19-01-2023, 06:42 AM
They held those details back desperately :D

For about 2 weeks I've wondered why "couple decide to fuck off" was news worthy.

Ben
19-01-2023, 07:49 AM
The French know how to strike.

Spikey M
19-01-2023, 07:51 AM
Have they not got enough embarrassing politicians of their own?

Jimmy Floyd
19-01-2023, 08:26 AM
The French know how to strike.

Doesn't bode well for them if they think she's the opposition.

Lofty
19-01-2023, 08:30 AM
I mean, Napoleon was right there as a fellow manlet. Maybe he is lauded over there for his crushing defeats and tiny cock, I don't know.

Jimmy Floyd
19-01-2023, 08:35 AM
Think they are cool-ish towards Napoleon in general. They jack off to Charles de Gaulle and his hat.

Ian
19-01-2023, 08:59 AM
*Jacques off

Spikey M
19-01-2023, 09:23 AM
Well, he did get a fetching tan hiding in Southern France.

Don
19-01-2023, 06:12 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/19/kaylea-titford-obese-girl-body-found-dirt-squalor-jury-hears

Sounds like the bedroom of most of you lot.

Disco
19-01-2023, 06:26 PM
A deep fat fryer in the bedroom, I'm not sure there's any way back from that.

Spikey M
19-01-2023, 06:28 PM
That has "Social Service fuck up" written all over it.

Baz
19-01-2023, 06:41 PM
A deep fat fryer in the bedroom, I'm not sure there's any way back from that.

Like that video where someone pretends they’ve caught a mouse in their bathroom but it’s a computer mouse, but all the comments on it are asking why there’s red and brown sauce on the landing.

Lewis
19-01-2023, 09:46 PM

I think he did it.

Shindig
19-01-2023, 09:50 PM
Or he was really, really thinking about it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-01-2023, 09:50 PM
Private window ffs.

Lofty
19-01-2023, 09:57 PM
Like that video where someone pretends they’ve caught a mouse in their bathroom but it’s a computer mouse, but all the comments on it are asking why there’s red and brown sauce on the landing.

Now I need to see that video and subsequent comments.

Spikey M
19-01-2023, 10:10 PM

I think he did it.

Dquincy
19-01-2023, 10:49 PM

Happened stateside. Genuine, apparently.

She reminds me of the bunny from Zootropolis.

niko_cee
20-01-2023, 09:35 AM
Someone sent me that story last week. Apparently one of them had a massive wang. :sherlock:

niko_cee
23-01-2023, 10:31 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-64370570

I quite like this story but I'm not buying the parents pleading ignorance as to how it's happened. Taught himself to read.

Shindig
23-01-2023, 10:40 PM
The picture of him reading Chinese almost looks like a separate, Chinese child.

Yevrah
23-01-2023, 11:38 PM
Welcome to a likely life of hell while he's a child Mrs Hobbs.

Spikey M
24-01-2023, 08:26 AM

I quite like this story but I'm not buying the parents pleading ignorance as to how it's happened. Taught himself to read.

It's horse shit. Reading - atleast in English - is not that intuitive. The same letters often sound completely different. He's obviously freakishly intelligent, but I'm not having that he was taught to read while his mum strummed one out to Tom Hardy's latest CBeebies appearance.

Luke Emia
24-01-2023, 08:51 AM

Bullshit on this. He's obviously clever but there is no way he's taken it upon himself to start learning another language. What's he been on the app store and downloaded Rosetta Stone or something?

Jimmy Floyd
24-01-2023, 08:53 AM
Family legend has it that I taught myself to read aged four by obsessing over the brochure for the Ffestiniog Light Railway, which we'd been to on holiday before Tony Blair came in and foreign holidays started. The longer the years go on, the less I'm buying into this fable.

wullie
24-01-2023, 08:58 AM
That kid is going to be a serial killer.

Boydy
24-01-2023, 09:21 AM
That kid is going to be a serial killer.

:lol:

Baz
24-01-2023, 09:27 AM
Family legend has it that I taught myself to read aged four by obsessing over the brochure for the Ffestiniog Light Railway, which we'd been to on holiday before Tony Blair came in and foreign holidays started. The longer the years go on, the less I'm buying into this fable.

You'd have memorised it.

My daughter was reciting books aged 2, and is a very capable reader aged 5, but she's not in the news because that's just what happens when you read to your child everyday.

Jimmy Floyd
24-01-2023, 09:30 AM
You also need the kind of mother who rings up the news and says 'Hello, is that the news? Yes, well I think my child is rather wonderful, and I'd like you to feature them in the news.'

Shindig
24-01-2023, 09:33 AM
"Hello, Mensa? I HAVE A SPECIAL CHILD YOU MUST MEET."

niko_cee
24-01-2023, 10:45 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/student-devastated-after-losing-out-29024080

Not sure it's imaginable how gutting that would be.

Camelot, who have been the operators of the lottery since 1994, heard about Rachel's story and sent the couple a "good luck" message for future draws. A spokesman for the company said: "We're aware of Rachel's story and hope she gets in early to buy a ticket for the next big draw."

:harold:

Ian
24-01-2023, 10:57 AM
You also need the kind of mother who rings up the news and says 'Hello, is that the news? Yes, well I think my child is rather wonderful, and I'd like you to feature them in the news.'

Social media probably means this sort of thing happens a bit more naturally these days, if you consider being the sort of needy loser who shares their whole life on social media to be natural. Or indeed news outlets presumably trawling it for literally anything that'll get clicks.

Lofty
25-01-2023, 12:35 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-64365709

SvN
25-01-2023, 12:42 PM
It might only seem like one word but it's one word that has affected this family and the community as a whole

Superb.

Jimmy Floyd
25-01-2023, 12:45 PM
Everyone is very ill.

Pepe
25-01-2023, 12:47 PM
Lewcock lol.

Don
25-01-2023, 12:53 PM
Just calm down lads, an investigation is being conducted into this and it's important we follow the due processes before we risk having Boydy and DS coming in here calling us all boomers.

niko_cee
25-01-2023, 01:44 PM
Isn't the non-african large mammal in the room why they needed a police codeword to see their dying son in hospital?

Shindig
25-01-2023, 06:49 PM
That is ever so slightly suspicious.

Spikey M
26-01-2023, 08:09 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64399335

How do these articles never take the time to actually look from the perspective of the radicalised people? Or to wonder why they feel the way they do? It strikes me as the most obvious way to tackle the problem, and yet instead it's just "bad social media. NAUGHTY social media!"

It's like they don't even want to solve the problem.

Jimmy Floyd
26-01-2023, 08:32 AM
They don't want to solve the problem. They just want to do 9 to 5, go home and watch Netflix and eat potato waffles.

Spikey M
26-01-2023, 01:11 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-64413242

Scenes when she(? Legitimate question. He's just taking the piss, isn't he?) gets raped in a mens prison and there's riots over this cunt.

Don
26-01-2023, 01:29 PM
This is 2023, we need gender-neutral jails.

wullie
26-01-2023, 01:52 PM
Clearly became a woman just to wear the wig and cover up the face tattoos.

Lofty
26-01-2023, 03:07 PM
All this red tape time wasting when they could have just given him a bullet when convicted.

Lewis
26-01-2023, 04:15 PM
If they're a woman then them and their female cock and balls should be in a female prison. Unless they're not really a woman. It's a very inconsistent position to take, and one which suggests that people just go along with the vibes until it runs into something that touches on their usual chosen groups.

Spikey M
26-01-2023, 04:47 PM
If your kid has an invisible friend you make it cute little cups of invisible tea, but if the invisible friend starts telling them to kick the dog and pour bleach in the fish tank, then you tell the little cunt what's what. That's basically the rule here. Not that anyone in power would say so.

-james-
26-01-2023, 05:55 PM
Top news story on the BBC. :happycry:

Lofty
27-01-2023, 06:18 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64421704

You can tell Al Sharpton and friends are wounded there wasn't a white copper involved here.

Shindig
27-01-2023, 08:53 AM
Imagine being killed by Tadarrius Bean this side of the middle ages.

Spikey M
27-01-2023, 08:59 AM
I bet Oreo and Choc Ice are trending big time on BLM Twitter.

wullie
27-01-2023, 09:56 AM
Justin Smith really isn't pulling his weight on the name front.

niko_cee
27-01-2023, 09:58 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-64400776

This sort of thing always fascinates me. In the same part of the world Jimmy can barely go to the shops at a slightly irregular hour without having the SWAT team bashing his front door in, and yet somehow someone can lie dead in a flat for years and years. Would the post not have piled up? Who pays the bills/rent? Or does none of that happen in a paperless/direct debit society? Neighbours? It's just weird.

Spikey M
27-01-2023, 10:00 AM
Another Social Services failure you say? Shocking if true.

Ian
27-01-2023, 02:35 PM
Surely even if you're estranged (or the person has distanced themselves from you for whatever reason made sense in their mind) you'd still find some way or another to check up on them?

"We also didn't notice you were dead for three years but are now distraught" seems a bit of a weird one.

SvN
27-01-2023, 02:38 PM
Laura Winham, 38, was "abandoned and left to die" by the NHS and social services before her body was found by her brother in May 2021, they claim.

Talk about shifting the blame.

Jimmy Floyd
27-01-2023, 02:46 PM
She was estranged from social services.

Spikey M
27-01-2023, 03:02 PM
As with all this stuff, everyone just hopes the other people involved are doing their jobs better than they are.

Spikey M
27-01-2023, 04:52 PM
Cause of death: 'avin a piss, lol. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64430454)

Disco
27-01-2023, 04:58 PM
When it comes down to it the end is never really very dignified for anyone but being crushed by a pop up toilet is particularly bad, that's a eulogy you have to word very carefully.

niko_cee
27-01-2023, 05:15 PM
Good luck finding this thing (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-64429375)