PDA

View Full Version : Poker

Chris
22-09-2015, 12:32 PM
Not "The Poker Thread" Hammer

Anyway, anybody play poker here? I'm pretty sure a few used to on the old board, Simon & Martin?

Got back into it myself over the past couple of months playing bits and bobs online. Went to Dusk till Dawn in Nottingham the last couple of weekends, 1st one ended up busting after a couple of hours for nothing but on Saturday I managed to finish 3rd and cashed for £650 off £35 entry which I was pretty happy with. At the start of October I'm going to start trying to play a bit more seriously and keep to some decent Bankroll Management.

So, a few pop-quiz questions to start;

What's your biggest tournament win?
What's your biggest single-hand cash win?
What's your current bankroll?

igor_balis
22-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Someone I went to school with dropped out of university to take up poker full time. He was a bit odd so we assumed it was some sort of mental breakdown, but he was about 50 grand up last time I heard. Fair play, but I also heard he was about 27 stone or something.

I like poker but I'm proper shit.

MartinSAFC
22-09-2015, 12:47 PM
I haven't played too much poker lately as I'm happy in my job (pays well, easy work) and don't really have much time to play in my spare time either.

I don't play much cash but biggest tournament win was $4000 in a Poker Stars tournament. Biggest tournament I've played in was a WSOPE £1000 buy-in event in London in 2008. Sadly, I didn't cash in it.

edit: Also, this thread title is far better than my attempt on the old forum.

Mazuuurk
22-09-2015, 12:59 PM
Is this the thread about shagging women?