PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-12-2018, 10:01 PM
Kittle loves a long one.

He's been so good this season. From primarily a blocking tight end to arguably a top 5 catching TE in the league.

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-12-2018, 10:34 PM
You'd think that someone would try and actually cover Kittle.

Foe
09-12-2018, 10:38 PM
Bloody Denver d having a mare. How do you beat the chargers and then struggle against this lot.

Just mark kittle and you've undone the offence.

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-12-2018, 10:42 PM
That was incredible by JuJu.

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-12-2018, 12:25 AM
Steelers :lol:

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-12-2018, 12:29 AM
Losing to that shite :harold:

Dan
10-12-2018, 09:18 AM
That Rams/Bears game was every bit as enjoyable as the Chiefs game :drool:

Giggles
10-12-2018, 09:25 AM
The fucking Bears :(

John
10-12-2018, 03:15 PM

Nope. Absolutely not. Not having that at all.

niko_cee
10-12-2018, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I thought everyone was losing their shit a bit too much over that no look thing.

Wild game though.

With the various high flying offences faltering of late, I was thinking to myself when was the last time such a team actually won the Superbowl?

By the time things got to a head last year the Eagles weren't (even if maybe they were at the outset), I'm not sure either New England wins in recent years would see them qualify (certainly not against the Hawks who were the high flyers, maybe against Seattle), other than that, back to the last time the Saints won it?

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-12-2018, 03:50 PM
This was so much better:

Rodgers is the only one that could also do it. Less so this year.

Giggles
10-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Haven't seen throws like that since Favre.

Giggles
10-12-2018, 07:30 PM

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-12-2018, 11:35 PM
Loomar officially the starter.

Flacco will spend the final few weeks on the bench and, more than likely, get cut when the season is done.

Gray Fox
12-12-2018, 11:43 PM
Wentz is done for the season again.

The only way he plays again is if Big Dick Nick gets a win in LA against the Rams. As that's never happening, there's always next year.

Dan
13-12-2018, 10:28 PM
Just seen the current names for the East/West Shrine game. There are a decent number of names I've never heard, but there are also some pretty good players going:

QBs:
Jordan Ta'amu, Ole Miss
Brett Rypien, Boise State
David Blough, Purdue
Taylor Cornelius, Oklahoma State
Easton Stick, North Dakota State

RBs:
Nick Brossette, LSU
Darrin Hall, Pitt
Qadree Ollison, Pitt

WR:
DeMarkus Lodge, Ole Miss
KeeSean Johnson, Fresno State
Terry Godwin, Georgia
Ryan Davis, Auburn
Cody Thompson, Toledo

TEs:
Andrew Beck, Texas
CJ Conrad, Kentucky
Daniel Helm, Duke

O-Line:
Jesse Burkett, Stanford
Tyree St Louis, Miami

D-Line:
Wyatt Ray, Boston College
Terry Beckner, Missouri
Renell Wren, Arizona State

Linebackers:
Khalil Hodge, Buffalo
Jordan Jones, Kentucky
Ryan Connelly, Wisconsin
Andrew Van Ginkel, Wisconsin
Joe Dineen, Kansas

Defensive Backs:
Lukas Denis, Boston College
Derrick Baity, Kentucky
Andrew Wingard, Wyoming
Zedrick Woods, Ole Miss
Tyree Kinnel, Michigan
Delvon Randall, Temple
Rashad Fenton, South Carolina
Michael Jackson, Miami
Ken Webster, Ole Miss
Sheldrick Redwine, Miami

Those are the notable names, the majority of which should get drafted, with a few of them having a shot to go on day two.

Draft season :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-12-2018, 10:32 PM
I'm on Team Qadree Ollison and Sheldrick Redwine.

igor_balis
14-12-2018, 01:19 AM
Anyone staying up for this?

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-12-2018, 01:33 AM
He's like a cheat code at times.

He shouldn't throw that in a million years and yet it ends up nicely into his receiver.

igor_balis
14-12-2018, 01:35 AM
your man on nfl show was talking about he looks one way and just casually chucks it the other way. without seeing a replay i'm pretty sure that's exactly what he just did, if not for the TD then at least for the ball before (please forgive me i'm 8 pints down and don't really understand nfl at the best of times)

igor_balis
14-12-2018, 01:37 AM
Also i reckon the way the chargers kick returner just spilled that should be punished rather than just being on the 25.

niko_cee
14-12-2018, 09:14 AM
That's what, the third close game KC have lost this season? And they probably should have lost at the weekend too.

Doesn't really bode well for their post-season hopes. At Arrowhead as well.

Pretty harsh on whichever of these two miss out on the bye seeing as they both have conference leading records.

John
14-12-2018, 02:31 PM
From what I saw of that last night the Chiefs' RB played well, but if Kareem Hunt is in that game they win it by two scores, maybe more.

Mahomes showed a few more glimpses of mortality too, particularly on that easily avoidable sack near the end which pretty much gave up the game. He has bonkers arm talent, but he really needs to improve pretty much every other aspect of his game.

Foe
14-12-2018, 07:02 PM
He's in his first season starting, he'll get there. All you're looking for at this stage is the base to build upon. Hell, Rodgers had 3 years as under study at Green Bay and then a shaky start.

Would love to see the chargers go all the way for Phillip rivers. Without a ring he probably gets overlooked for the hall whilst brother Eli doesn't.

Foe
15-12-2018, 10:01 AM
Hadn't realised jarrett stidham had declared for the draft. He's had a pretty poor season, so a bit surprised by that. Either he's getting some buzz or he just doesn't rate college.

Benny snell the Kentucky runner is going too. As is about half of the talent at ole miss.

Some serious talk about kyler Murray choosing football which would be wild. I can see him trying to manage both, but to flat out turn his back on baseball which he's far better suited to and likely would be far more lucrative for him is mental. He must fucking love football.

Interesting to find out how the NFL would evaluate him. Doug flutie is about the only analogue for short guys I can think of, and he was tiny. Kyler is a cross beteeen him and an rg3/vick/kaepernick.

Giggles
15-12-2018, 10:36 AM
Has he not signed a baseball contract?

Gray Fox
15-12-2018, 12:05 PM
He might do what Russell Wilson has done. Play in the NFL until you get sick of it, but then go play Baseball after.

Dan
15-12-2018, 12:27 PM
Hadn't realised jarrett stidham had declared for the draft. He's had a pretty poor season, so a bit surprised by that. Either he's getting some buzz or he just doesn't rate college.

Benny snell the Kentucky runner is going too. As is about half of the talent at ole miss.

Some serious talk about kyler Murray choosing football which would be wild. I can see him trying to manage both, but to flat out turn his back on baseball which he's far better suited to and likely would be far more lucrative for him is mental. He must fucking love football.

Interesting to find out how the NFL would evaluate him. Doug flutie is about the only analogue for short guys I can think of, and he was tiny. Kyler is a cross beteeen him and an rg3/vick/kaepernick.

There’s probably not much Stidham can gain from going back, to be fair. Might as well get out the way of the 2020 class & hope he can get some momentum on the all star circuit. It sounds like he’s properly torpedoed his draft stock this year though - some places have him as a day three guy now. He’ll probably still end up going day two just on name recognition.

Benny Snell will probably be a mid round (3-5) guy, depending on how well he tests. He’s one of the better physical guys in the class, but I’m not sure he’ll be a feature back, so his value will be pretty limited. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him go in the Samaje Perine range (think that was R4).

Kyler is a really interesting one - I won’t believe he’s declaring until he does, and he’s got the physique of a 12 year old, but you can’t deny he tore it up this year. It’s then a question of how much was the scheme & what traits did he show that actually translate to the NFL, and do you think you can build an offence that suits him. I’ve heard his name mentioned as a potential late first rounder though, so I guess we’ll see.

I think the entire Ole Miss offence is coming out - all three WRs, OT Greg Little & QB Jordan Ta’amu are for sure, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if TE Dawson Knox declared as well, especially now their OC has got another job (I think).

Giggles
15-12-2018, 07:27 PM
Don't forget there's a game tonight because the two NY teams are at home the same week.

Gray Fox
15-12-2018, 08:17 PM
Texans at the Jets followed by Browns at Broncos. If there wasn't severe fantasy relevance for me I'd not bother.

Giggles
15-12-2018, 08:21 PM
Texans at the Jets followed by Browns at Broncos. If there wasn't severe fantasy relevance for me I'd not bother.

Hadn't even realised there was two games. Pity they weren't 6 and 9pm.

Foe
15-12-2018, 08:35 PM
Forget that, it's utah state vs north Texas mean green. Talk about prestige in the, also prestigious, New Mexico bowl.

Dan
15-12-2018, 09:03 PM
Fresno State v Arizona State is on now, and I’d imagine that’s the one to watch.

Foe
15-12-2018, 09:19 PM
Yeah, realised that after and immediately switched over.

Gonna hopefully watch my Texans fuck up the jets though. :yn:

Gray Fox
15-12-2018, 09:27 PM
High scoring win for the Texans please.

Dan
15-12-2018, 09:28 PM
I'm going to try to awkwardly flip between the two games whilst also watching something on Netflix with my housemate.

N'Keal Harry isn't playing so it's only really Manny Wilkins & KeeSean Johnson that I want to watch in the Las Vegas Bowl anyway.

Foe
15-12-2018, 09:30 PM
Well all I've seen of manny Wilkins thus far was a 3 and out and then pick 6. He must've done something though as they did go score.

Dan
15-12-2018, 09:39 PM
That ASU touchdown run featured the least co-ordinated set of juke moves I've ever seen :D I'm not sure whether Manny will come out this year or not, but he'd probably be wise to go back if he still has eligibility. The baggy sleeves alone make him undraftable.

Dan
15-12-2018, 09:40 PM
That 'in the grasp' call on DeShaun was horrific.

Giggles
15-12-2018, 09:40 PM
That 'sack' of Watson was bullshit.

Gray Fox
15-12-2018, 09:41 PM
I have Hopkins and my fantasy opponent has the Texans D and kicker. Pretty poor start for me there.

Dan
15-12-2018, 10:23 PM
This Jets offence is pretty shambolic.

Gray Fox
15-12-2018, 10:27 PM
How the fuck do you just let the best WR in the game walk into the end zone from 50 yards?

Gray Fox
15-12-2018, 10:40 PM
All of these field goals are driving me mad.

Giggles
15-12-2018, 10:49 PM
Darnold is an awful looking player. How did he go in the first round with that wind-up?

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-12-2018, 10:56 PM
Panic?

Gray Fox
16-12-2018, 12:46 AM
He's mobile and throws really quite well on the run too, but as a pocket passer he isn't appearing up to much.

thommo
16-12-2018, 01:02 AM
I thought Darnold played quite well today. Just needs a bit more poise in the pocket, but when you only have one half-decent receiver in Robby Anderson, it's hard to look impressive. You have to remember how bad Goff looked in his first season under Fisher, so if Bowles goes (as he should) and the Jets bring in someone in the McVay mould, he could definitely fulfil that potential. He's still only 21 too.

Dan
16-12-2018, 01:20 AM
Darnold is really talented, but he's not got the processing side of it down yet, and it makes him pretty inconsistent in the pocket. They need to get an offensive guy in (there's no McVay out there, in all likelihood, but anyone with a decent, modern vision would be a start), and they definitely need to get at least one actual talented player on their offence. Robby Anderson is the best they have, and he's a complimentary receiver. Other than him, the WR group is down there with the worst in the league, and their RBs & O-Line aren't any better.

On that note, I watched some Kelvin Harmon film today. DK Metcalf is more of a physical freak than he is, but Harmon is the better player right now, and he's still a pretty impressive athlete in his own right. He's really good when the ball is in the air, tracks it well & has a knack for getting his body between the defender & the ball. He's got good speed & acceleration for a big guy too (we're talking sub 4.60), can get some yards with the ball in his hands and he runs a surprisingly diverse route tree for a big college receiver. Could be a pretty nice WR1 for a team like the Jets. Or Baltimore...

Also stumbled across a freshman they recruited to replace Nyheim Hines & Jaylen Samuels who looks good, so keep an ear out for Ricky Person in a couple of years. Their main guy Reggie Gallaspy is solid too, and they have another WR called Jakobi Meyers who used to play QB but now looks like a legit prospect too. He's a junior, so he could declare, but I'd imagine he'll be a 2020 guy.

They're a pretty good team to watch, actually, considering last season they had the aforementioned offensive guys plus a stacked D-Line that all got drafted last year (Bradley Chubb, Kentavius Street, BJ Hall & Justin Jones).

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-12-2018, 01:25 AM
Can the Jets take Marty Mornhinweg from us.

He's awesome, honest.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-12-2018, 01:32 AM
How the fuck does Perriman catch that?

Gray Fox
16-12-2018, 01:45 AM
Because the shirt doesn't say Baltimore on it.

Giggles
16-12-2018, 11:18 AM
I feel like a Man Utd fan for today. Having a shit season and about to take a hammering off the dreaded scum. Hopefully Gamepass black it out or something.

John
16-12-2018, 11:31 AM
I feel like a Man Utd fan for today. Having a shit season and about to take a hammering off the dreaded scum. Hopefully Gamepass black it out or something.

Who's your team? Packers?

Giggles
16-12-2018, 11:35 AM
Who's your team? Packers?

Yep. I don't think I'll be home for it anyway but it's not going to be pretty.

Giggles
16-12-2018, 12:36 PM
What's all the Gotham City stuff on the Jets gear for? Advertising tie-in?

Dan
16-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Olawale :D

thommo
16-12-2018, 06:38 PM
Prescott sold him a little short, but yeah, shocking drop nonetheless :D

Foe
16-12-2018, 06:52 PM
You look at the jets offence and wonder where the talent is. Suppose that's what you get when you'd draft DL in round one repeatedly.

So what's the consensus on our 5 first rounders?

Josh Allen seems a really good fit in buffalo, and who knew he'd turn out to be a great runner.
Josh Rosen needs to improve or he's going to be a bust.
Darnold looks like he has potential.
Baker has looked legit. I was surprised when he went number 1, but honestly I can see why now. He could be the guy in Cleveland for a long while.
Lamar Jackson needs to learn to be better at throwing the ball, or he'll fade into a Josh Johnson kind of guy. Problem for him is he's not hugely intelligent either, so it won't come easy.

Foe
16-12-2018, 06:55 PM
Every year there's a mid rounder who's just been so dominant in college that I root for them.

A couple of years ago it was joe Schobert who was just dominant at Wisconsin. This year it was Sam Hubbard from Ohio state. He's a steal and given he went to college in Ohio too, the bengals have got a good chance of keeping him happy.

Browning
16-12-2018, 07:02 PM
Lamar Jackson really is a poor man's Tim Tebow. He'll be out the league within 2 years.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-12-2018, 07:05 PM
Yeah, Loomar sucks.

Foe
16-12-2018, 07:05 PM
Tebow is built like a fucking tank though so could afford to play battering ram. Lamar Jackson isn't. Kind of get the fear that he'll crumble at some point.

Foe
16-12-2018, 08:01 PM
There's something really satisfying about watching the cowboys get stuffed.

Ty Hilton is so good though. Wee twitchy receivers like that are so hard to cover.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-12-2018, 08:07 PM
No RBs for the Bills :D

Foe
16-12-2018, 08:09 PM
Chuck a backup DL into the rotation. The more you can do.

Tbf they probably have a receiver or DB on the roster that played there in high schoool or college who could come in. Think Charles James in the Texans hard knocks series.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Eddie Jackson is so good this year.

Foe
16-12-2018, 08:47 PM
Cheap and fuck too as a 4th round pick.

Bama dbs doing well with minkah Fitzpatrick looking good too.

niko_cee
16-12-2018, 08:47 PM
4th and 11 and Tannehill basically gets sacked by his own player.

:D

What a div. Someone should tell him his job is to throw the ball at some point.

Ian
16-12-2018, 08:48 PM
I fucking loved Tebow. I mean he was shit but that one year when it felt like l the wins we got were by the skin of the teeth was amazing.

And then the refs taking ages to explain the new overtime rules just to have Tebow find Thomas for the winning score straight away in that playoff game against the Steelers.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Gus the Bus is genuinely great.

Dan
16-12-2018, 08:49 PM
You look at the jets offence and wonder where the talent is. Suppose that's what you get when you'd draft DL in round one repeatedly.

So what's the consensus on our 5 first rounders?

Josh Allen seems a really good fit in buffalo, and who knew he'd turn out to be a great runner.
Josh Rosen needs to improve or he's going to be a bust.
Darnold looks like he has potential.
Baker has looked legit. I was surprised when he went number 1, but honestly I can see why now. He could be the guy in Cleveland for a long while.
Lamar Jackson needs to learn to be better at throwing the ball, or he'll fade into a Josh Johnson kind of guy. Problem for him is he's not hugely intelligent either, so it won't come easy.

Allen has been really good, but he seems to have a coordinator who actually draws stuff up that suits him. The rushing has been a huge boost to his production though.

Darnold has been pretty much what was expected - occasionally brilliant, occasionally horrific. He'll get there with experience, weapons & a coaching change.

Rosen has been fucked as much as Darnold by the shambles around him, but doesn't have the athleticism to extend plays, so he's suffered more. Get him a decent O-line & a new coach & he should be fine.

Baker has balled out, which he was always going to do just by sheer force of will, if nothing else. He'll just get better & better if they can get a decent head coach & some improvements to the line/WRs

Lamar looks to have had the biggest struggle as a passer so far, but he showed he can throw it at Louisville, so there's still hope he can get it together if they can get the right tools around him.

---

Essentially, the ones with good OCs have done well, and the ones with shit OCs and/or bad O-Lines have struggled. It's hard to really judge them until they've had at least three seasons, and you'd hope the team would get better around them in that time.

Foe
16-12-2018, 08:59 PM
Jags are doing a good job working their way up the draft board to have a shot at the best available qb.

How does that team only have 4 wins?

Gray Fox
16-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Has someone been talking shit about my Tim in this thread?

Gray Fox
16-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Jags are doing a good job working their way up the draft board to have a shot at the best available qb.

How does that team only have 4 wins?

Blake. Bortles.

Dan
16-12-2018, 09:24 PM
Seabass on that kick return TD :D He looked like a kicker in his early forties.

John
16-12-2018, 09:44 PM
Blake. Bortles.

Kessler started tonight and rushed further than he passed it. Even without Bortles stodging it up with his little three yard slant balls they're still absolutely clueless on offence. Seems like the plan is basically give it to Fournette and hope for magic.

Dan
16-12-2018, 09:57 PM
This has been one big troll job for George Kittle fantasy owners so far - Mullens has missed him wide open twice, and now Garrett Celek gets the long, walk in TD when a defender falls down.

Gray Fox
16-12-2018, 10:47 PM
Kessler started tonight and rushed further than he passed it. Even without Bortles stodging it up with his little three yard slant balls they're still absolutely clueless on offence. Seems like the plan is basically give it to Fournette and hope for magic.

To be fair if you have a QB set like that you get used to setting up to play a certain way. Short, safe complete passes were the order of the day for him whilst leaning heavily on the running game. Problem is once teams shut down the running game, which they mostly have against the Jags, you need your QB to produce and he just can't. Kessler is of the same ilk.

It's be interesting how far that defence could go with an expansive guy like Mahomes with the ball on their side.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-12-2018, 11:49 PM
That was mighty impressive by Haden.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-12-2018, 12:19 AM
Gronk is breathing out of his arse and getting triple covered yet Brady is still trying to find him.

Gray Fox
17-12-2018, 03:40 AM
What is going on?!

John
17-12-2018, 03:48 AM
Goff has been rancid, absolutely nothing has gone his way. This game is like the Dorian Gray price he's paying for the game he had against the Chiefs.

Nick Foles looks a lot like Lucas Leiva on that graphic Sky throw up whenever they're headed to adverts.

Dan
17-12-2018, 07:53 AM
He’s melted the last couple of games when it’s counted. He was miserable against Chicago too.

niko_cee
17-12-2018, 09:18 AM
Full steam ahead on the old man Superbowl (Saints v Chargers).

They should move it to San Diego.

Dan
17-12-2018, 04:33 PM
That’s the dream SuperBowl :drool:

I’d also settle for Chicago against Baltimore in an old fashioned ‘run the ball & play defence’ SuperBowl.

Browning
17-12-2018, 05:15 PM
That sounds disgusting.

Yesterday when Barber ran it up the middle every play and got a TD the commentator claimed they were "Out Baltimore-ing Baltimore". I'm sure he meant it as a good thing... but I couldn't help but feel it was the harshest insult ever given.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-12-2018, 05:57 PM
The seethe from Browning if we get there :drool:

With the legs of Gus the Bus and Loomar guiding us.

John
17-12-2018, 06:51 PM
What's the 'Loomar' thing about?

Giggles
17-12-2018, 07:06 PM
What's the 'Loomar' thing about?

Fuckwittery. I don't think anyone here has referred to an NFL player by their actual name in about five years.

Dan
18-12-2018, 07:40 AM
Well that wasn’t pretty, but the win’s all that matters.

John
18-12-2018, 07:58 AM
Fuckwittery. I don't think anyone here has referred to an NFL player by their actual name in about five years.

That second sentence goes beyond exaggeration into pure obvious nonsense, but I assumed 'Loomar' was just a standard issue Mahow crap nickname.

Giggles
18-12-2018, 08:14 AM
That second sentence goes beyond exaggeration into pure obvious nonsense, but I assumed 'Loomar' was just a standard issue Mahow crap nickname.

By correct name I mean not using players first names only like you know them from school or something.

Dan
18-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Foe Georgia freshman QB Justin Fields is ‘exploring a transfer’ apparently :harold:

Did he not watch Jake Fromm before he committed? From(m) the little I’ve seen of Fields he never stood a chance of competing even though he’s meant to be the top QB in his class (clearly that was actually Trevor Lawrence).

He’ll have to sit out a year as well :D

Foe
18-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I do wonder what the fuck these high school qbs think. They must have massive egos to think that they can literally beat out anyone. Even Lawrence going to Clemson was a bit odd with Kelly Bryant.

If any top ranked qbs go to bama when tua is there, and his brother likely to follow, they need their head melted.

Great example is Blake Barnett. High school 5 star recruit. Sat in bama, realised he would start and fucked off. Went to Arizona state and couldn't even beat out that scetchy cat there and wound up at south Florida.

If he's gone somewhere like lsu, Washington state, USC etc he'd have had a legit chance. Now he's fucked his career before it even started.

Fields, hurts, Bryant all hunting for a new home.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-12-2018, 09:03 PM
I've just seen that there is a WR in college called Lil'Jordan Humphrey after browsing a Ravens mock draft.

I thought the Lil was just the author taking the piss.

Foe
18-12-2018, 09:14 PM
I've just seen that there is a WR in college called Lil'Jordan Humphrey after browsing a Ravens mock draft.

I thought the Lil was just the author taking the piss.

He's fucking huge and he's a solid producer at Texas.

Dan
18-12-2018, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I do wonder what the fuck these high school qbs think. They must have massive egos to think that they can literally beat out anyone. Even Lawrence going to Clemson was a bit odd with Kelly Bryant.

If any top ranked qbs go to bama when tua is there, and his brother likely to follow, they need their head melted.

Great example is Blake Barnett. High school 5 star recruit. Sat in bama, realised he would start and fucked off. Went to Arizona state and couldn't even beat out that scetchy cat there and wound up at south Florida.

If he's gone somewhere like lsu, Washington state, USC etc he'd have had a legit chance. Now he's fucked his career before it even started.

Fields, hurts, Bryant all hunting for a new home.

I know the big programmes recruit endless five star guys on the basis that everyone will compete & the best guys play, but when you’re considering where you go as a QB surely you can tell the difference between having to go against a guy like Kelly Bryant or Jalen Hurts & someone like Jake Fromm.

Can’t help noticing the three guys who lost are all running QBs going up against guys that can throw :sherlock:

Foe
18-12-2018, 09:50 PM
Yeah, agree in principle.

Some serious egos though. Guess some of these qbs just have in their head that's where they want to go. Dwayne Haskins knew he was going to Ohio state since he was about 13, suspect fields just wanted to play at Georgia and backed himself. Look at kyler Murray - he was mr Texas football winning everything in sight and yet has one season as a start to his resume.

Giggles
19-12-2018, 07:43 AM
Pro Bowl rosters.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001001792/article/nfl-reveals-rosters-for-2019-pro-bowl-in-orlando

AFC PRO BOWL ROSTER BY POSITION

OFFENSE

Wide receiver: DeAndre Hopkins*, Houston Texans; Tyreek Hill*, Kansas City Chiefs; Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers; Keenan Allen, Los Angeles Chargers

Tackle: Taylor Lewan*, Tennessee Titans; Alejandro Villanueva*, Pittsburgh Steelers; Eric Fisher, Kansas City Chiefs

Guard: David DeCastro*, Pittsburgh Steelers; Marshal Yanda*, Baltimore Ravens; Quenton Nelson, Indianapolis Colts

Center: Maurkice Pouncey*, Pittsburgh Steelers; Mike Pouncey, Los Angeles Chargers

Tight end: Travis Kelce*, Kansas City Chiefs; Eric Ebron, Indianapolis Colts

Quarterback: Patrick Mahomes*, Kansas City Chiefs; Philip Rivers, Los Angeles Chargers; Tom Brady, New England Patriots

Running back: James Conner*, Pittsburgh Steelers; Melvin Gordon, Los Angeles Chargers; Phillip Lindsay, Denver Broncos

Fullback: Anthony Sherman*, Kansas City Chiefs

DEFENSE

Defensive end: J.J. Watt*, Houston Texans; Myles Garrett*, Cleveland Browns; Melvin Ingram, Los Angeles Chargers

Interior lineman: Geno Atkins*, Cincinnati Bengals; Jurrell Casey*, Tennessee Titans; Cameron Heyward, Pittsburgh Steelers

Outside linebacker: Von Miller*, Denver Broncos; Jadeveon Clowney*, Houston Texans; Dee Ford, Kansas City Chiefs

Inside linebacker: C.J. Mosley*, Baltimore Ravens; Benardrick McKinney, Houston Texans

Cornerback: Xavien Howard*, Miami Dolphins; Jalen Ramsey*, Jacksonville Jaguars; Stephon Gilmore, New England Patriots; Denzel Ward, Cleveland Browns

Free safety: Derwin James*, Los Angeles Chargers; Eric Weddle, Baltimore Ravens

Strong safety: Jamal Adams*, New York Jets

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kicker: Jason Myers*, New York Jets

Long snapper: To be named by coach.

Punter: Brett Kern*, Tennessee Titans

Return specialist: Andre Roberts*, New York Jets

Special teamer: Adrian Phillips*, Los Angeles Chargers

NFC PRO BOWL ROSTER BY POSITION

OFFENSE

Wide receiver: Julio Jones*, Atlanta Falcons; Michael Thomas*, New Orleans Saints; Adam Thielen, Minnesota Vikings; Davante Adams, Green Bay Packers

Tackle: Tyron Smith*, Dallas Cowboys; Terron Armstead*, New Orleans Saints; Trent Williams, Washington Redskins

Guard: Zack Martin*, Dallas Cowboys; Brandon Brooks*, Philadelphia Eagles; Trai Turner, Carolina Panthers

Center: Alex Mack*, Atlanta Falcons; Max Unger, New Orleans Saints

Tight end: Zach Ertz*, Philadelphia Eagles; George Kittle, San Francisco 49ers

Quarterback: Drew Brees*, New Orleans Saints; Jared Goff, Los Angeles Rams; Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers

Running back: Todd Gurley*, Los Angeles Rams; Saquon Barkley, New York Giants; Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas Cowboys

Fullback: Kyle Juszczyk*, San Francisco 49ers

DEFENSE

Defensive end: Cameron Jordan*, New Orleans Saints; DeMarcus Lawrence*, Dallas Cowboys; Danielle Hunter, Minnesota Vikings

Interior lineman: Aaron Donald*, Los Angeles Rams; Fletcher Cox*, Philadelphia Eagles; Akiem Hicks, Chicago Bears

Outside linebacker: Khalil Mack*, Chicago Bears; Ryan Kerrigan*, Washington Redskins; Anthony Barr, Minnesota Vikings

Inside linebacker: Luke Kuechly*, Carolina Panthers; Bobby Wagner, Seattle Seahawks

Cornerback: Kyle Fuller*, Chicago Bears; Patrick Peterson*, Arizona Cardinals; Darius Slay, Detroit Lions; Byron Jones, Dallas Cowboys

Free safety: Eddie Jackson*, Chicago Bears; Harrison Smith, Minnesota Vikings

Strong safety: Landon Collins*, New York Giants

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kicker: Aldrick Rosas*, New York Giants

Long snapper: To be named by coach

Punter: Michael Dickson*, Seattle Seahawks

Return specialist: Tarik Cohen*, Chicago Bears

Special teamer: Cory Littleton*, Los Angeles Rams

Dan
19-12-2018, 07:47 AM
I was just coming to lol at some of those picks. Then again, I guess we should be used to it by now.

Giggles
19-12-2018, 07:49 AM
It's an absolute shit show every year. Surprised Clinton-Dix didn't make it again.

John
19-12-2018, 08:22 PM
Raiders have signed Peterman. :lol:

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-12-2018, 08:28 PM
I was just coming to lol at some of those picks. Then again, I guess we should be used to it by now.

I properly lolled at Eric Weddle.

Pretty much every Ravens fan is hoping he retires at the end of the season.

He's lost a step hurting his coverage and his tackling has been fucking horrible.

Mosley has also been shit in coverage, he can't cover any TEs this year.

Foe
19-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Raiders have signed Peterman. :lol:

Just to the practice squad so it's costing them the square root of fuck all to at least have a look. If they think they can fix him, great, if not off he trots.

Maybe they jut want the secondary to get some confidence picking off passes in training.

Dan
20-12-2018, 04:41 PM
Josh Gordon is ‘stepping away from football’ again to concentrate on his mental health. Also talk that he breached the terms of his reinstatement & is facing another indefinite ban.

Hopefully he can get his life in order & come back, but it doesn’t seem likely.

Foe
20-12-2018, 04:46 PM
Saw that earlier. The Browns obviously saw this coming when they let him go. Maybe the patriots saw it too and decided it was worth having him for the what 8 or 9 games?

In some respects it's a bit bullshit that the guy who is clearly talented doesn't get to play because he likes to smoke weed. It's not even illegal in all parts of the country.

Assuming that's what has got him.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2018, 04:48 PM
At the end of the day, he signed a contract when joining the league agreeing not to smoke.

If it's that important to him he just should have not bothered.

He's a fool (as are others), this is a chance to set you up with millions and you just have to stop for a few years.

Browning
20-12-2018, 04:54 PM
In fairness, he's probably already made millions, without giving up.

Dan
20-12-2018, 05:15 PM
From the comments guys are making on Twitter it sounds like it might not be about the weed this time.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-12-2018, 05:16 PM
True.

Probably blown it though.

Giggles
20-12-2018, 05:23 PM
Mental health my hole. He's a junkie scumbag and doing a disservice to anyone with a real mental health problem.

Dan
20-12-2018, 06:50 PM
He's certainly had an eventful life. (https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/28/josh-gordon-interview-cleveland-browns-nfl) Also his manager sounds like a staggering arsehole.

In other news, Mississippi State's Jeffery Simmons has declared for the draft. He's a stud DT, but he also has a few off field issues (well one, he broke up a fight between some girl & his sister in high school & hit the other girl, but he's generally regarded as a high character guy other than that one incident & will almost certainly be a high first rounder)

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-12-2018, 12:27 AM

:moop:

A bit premature considering we might not even make the playoffs and we really need a chance in offensive co-ordinator which Harbaugh wont do.

Gray Fox
22-12-2018, 12:49 AM
To be fair, I think he's a good coach and a likeable guy, but good god his team is turgid to watch most of the time.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-12-2018, 01:15 AM
He is a good coach but he likes surrounding himself with mediocre yes men who have worked their way up at the team.

Right now Mornihnweg is fucking awful and he's been the main problem behind our turgid attack. He should have gone ages ago but he's Harbaugh's (and Flacco's) guy so he wont get sacked unless it comes from the top. That's the main problem which is why he should go.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Forgot that there are games today.

Skins/Titans on right now with Ravens/Chargers later.

Giggles
22-12-2018, 10:01 PM
That's brutal from Washington.

Giggles
22-12-2018, 10:19 PM
It's nice to finally be able to appreciate Adrian Peterson.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 01:20 AM
I don't like that the Chargers have got Allen and Gordon back today :(

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 01:21 AM
Brandon Carr, what a fucking pick.

John
23-12-2018, 03:52 AM
That third down conversion from the Chargers a few moments ago was lovely.

Dan
23-12-2018, 09:21 AM
Outstanding bottle job from the Chargers offence there. What was it in the end, two picks, two fumbles lost & about a billion sacks?

Baltimore might end up taking the North outright at this rate.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Yeah, fuck the wildcard we want the division.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 05:17 PM
I like Gus Edwards a lot.

He always seems to break the first tackle and/or fall forward for an extra yard or two.

He had his first rush that went for negative yards (-1) last night after 114 rushes of 0 or more.

I think we've stumbled on a potentially great runner here. Obviously the strange rushing attack spearheaded by Loomar is helping but 5.1 yards per carry, doesn't lose yards and he doesn't fumble.

thommo
23-12-2018, 05:55 PM
Yeah I was banking on the Chargers taking that last night. I missed the game, but even judging from the highlights, the Ravens just dominated throughout. That defence is pretty scary once it gets going and I don't rate the Steelers' chances from this point on. I think Baltimore take the North, and the Chargers and Colts are taking the AFC Wildcard spots.

Of course, I'd be delighted if the Steelers prove me wrong and pull off an upset today, but the Saints are a different animal in their dome.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Our problem in defence is that it gets soft near the end. We give up a lot of late game winning TD's/FG's due to soft coverage.

I hate the Christmas period, I never know what day it is so I missed the first 40 minutes of Redzone.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 06:56 PM
That's a stunning fumble by Kessler.

thommo
23-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Fucking hell, Jarvis Landry has a better arm than half of the NFL starters on the basis of that play. Perriman catching deep shots for fun now he's in a Browns jersey.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 07:02 PM
Fucking hell, Jarvis Landry has a better arm than half of the NFL starters on the basis of that play. Perriman catching deep shots for fun now he's in a Browns jersey.

The speed at which it came out and the spiral, genuinely a brilliant throw.

Gray Fox
23-12-2018, 07:05 PM
That's a stunning fumble by Kessler.

I checked twitter for this. Jesus Christ.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 07:10 PM

He's not even under any real pressure too.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 07:11 PM
That tackle by Matt Bosher :drool:

Better tackling that most of the Falcons secondary.

Fucking levelled the kick returner.

John
23-12-2018, 07:11 PM
Matt Bosher. :cool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 07:13 PM

Turns it into a rock bottom.

thommo
23-12-2018, 07:16 PM
What a fucking awful call in the Eagles-Texans game. Graham is literally arms out, making sure not to fall on Watson and STILL gets called for roughing the passer. Absolute joke.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 07:32 PM
The defending by the Lions on that hail mary was woeful.

Pleb
23-12-2018, 07:33 PM
Cousins throwing a hail mary at half time the fucking madman :drool:

thommo
23-12-2018, 07:33 PM
Lions love giving up Hail Mary TDs to tight ends called Rudolph.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 07:34 PM
They love giving them up no matter who it's to.

Rodgers had 2 a season or two ago didn't he?

thommo
23-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Last play of the game winner 3 years ago. He then had one in the playoffs v the Cardinals when Jeff Janis beat about 3 in coverage to catch it on the last play and take it to OT.

Foe
23-12-2018, 08:07 PM
Gurley inactive. Great. Just what you need.

That Rudolph td was a thing of beauty though.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 08:12 PM
That throw by Foles was glorious.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 09:02 PM
Cowboys into the playoffs :sick:

niko_cee
23-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Fairly astonishingly bad last 3 or 4 minutes from Philly, although Houston are now trying to repay the favour having gone ahead.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 09:27 PM
Green Bay/Jets is mental.

Gray Fox
23-12-2018, 09:27 PM
Jets v Aaron Rodgers more like.

Giggles
23-12-2018, 09:33 PM
Keeps the myth going another while.

Giggles
23-12-2018, 09:44 PM
Baker Mayfield is some tosser.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 09:48 PM
Rodgers is channelling his inner Lamar Jackson.

igor_balis
23-12-2018, 09:52 PM
Trying to watch saints Steelers on sky sports but it's super choppy, just me?

thommo
23-12-2018, 09:55 PM
Fucking hell, refs utterly bottling it and handing the Saints that TD.

igor_balis
23-12-2018, 09:56 PM
I'm not an NFL expert but how the fuck is that pass interference

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Trying to watch saints Steelers on sky sports but it's super choppy, just me?

I'm on Redzone but is the video even choppy in the studio bits/adverts.

If it's just the actual match then it's the camera in America (looks fine on Redzone though), if it's everything it's probably on your end.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Fitzmagic :cool:

Yeah, Larry's taking the name with that pass.

Browning
23-12-2018, 10:02 PM
The Cards finally found a QB... shame he's about to retire.

John
23-12-2018, 10:15 PM
Baker Mayfield is some tosser.

I assume you mean he's a wanker, rather than good at throwing the ball. I adopted the Browns as my team at the start of the season, based on nothing more than them being absolutely shite last year, and I had built up enough of a dislike for Hue by the time he got the bullet that I'd have to resist a strong urge to gloat in his presence, so I can forgive Mayfield a bit of a staredown.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-12-2018, 12:32 AM
'Mon Saints.

MON.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-12-2018, 12:35 AM
Michael Thomas is so good.

thommo
24-12-2018, 12:37 AM
Blatant push off though.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-12-2018, 12:45 AM
Anyone notice that a lot of WWE music is played in NFL stadiums?

I've heard Taker's and Stone Cold's today and hear Triple H's on the regular.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-12-2018, 12:47 AM
Juju :harold:

Fuck all the Steelers.

AFC North is ours.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-12-2018, 12:49 AM

:drool:

thommo
24-12-2018, 12:50 AM
Baker will fuck you up next week. It's in the stars, the Browns to determine the division.

thommo
24-12-2018, 12:52 AM
Oh and what was it, 14 or 17 points directly from ref decisions? Not the only reason the Steelers lost but fucking hell, it's hard when you fight against that.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-12-2018, 12:53 AM
If we beat the Browns and Colts/Titans have a winner then Steelers wont even get a wildcard.

:drool:

thommo
24-12-2018, 12:55 AM
Yeah it's division or bust after the Titans and Colts both won. Can they flex the Browns/Ravens to SNF? Would be a quality primetime game with all the implications.

Dan
24-12-2018, 01:01 AM
We got away with that one - their offence was cruising up the field on us all day, but the two fumbles saved the day.

We’ve slowed down on offence lately, so I still don’t think we’re in with a great shot in the postseason, but home field should help.

Giggles
24-12-2018, 03:16 AM
I assume you mean he's a wanker, rather than good at throwing the ball. I adopted the Browns as my team at the start of the season, based on nothing more than them being absolutely shite last year, and I had built up enough of a dislike for Hue by the time he got the bullet that I'd have to resist a strong urge to gloat in his presence, so I can forgive Mayfield a bit of a staredown.

Has someone told him that Jackson was sacked and didn't just walk out to the Bengals?

Dan
24-12-2018, 01:53 PM
I for one am stunned that Josh Rosen got hurt playing against the Rams with that offensive line.

Also, that sidearm throw from Mahomes last night was the latest entry to his highlight reel :drool: Shame their defence is fucking garbage though.

Dan
24-12-2018, 03:35 PM
So two LSU guys shot someone dead. One was a walk on guy, but the other was their sophomore RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

Apparently they acted in self defence as the dude was trying to rob them & had pulled a gun on them, but the reports say he was shot ‘multiple times’ so whatever way it happened it’s not good.

Sir Andy Mahowry
24-12-2018, 03:49 PM
If only there was more guns in that situation.

Dan
24-12-2018, 06:04 PM
DJ Swearinger came out after the Titans game & called out the Redskins DC, claiming he watches more film than the coaches & saying they should've been playing zone rather than man against Blaine Gabbert at the end of the game.

He was cut today :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
25-12-2018, 01:50 AM
That was so smart by Dwayne Harris.

Dan
26-12-2018, 07:58 PM
Justin Herbert is officially going back to Oregon next season. They’ve got to be early favourites for the PAC-12, and a decent sleeper playoff team next season. Surely makes Haskins coming out even easier for him now too.

In other news, Phillip Lindsay is done for the year & will need surgery, Blake Bortles is starting in week 17 (as is Kyle Allen for Carolina against the Saints, lol), and DJ Swearinger has been claimed by his old team Arizona.

Gray Fox
26-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Full on tanking mode engaged :p

Foe
26-12-2018, 09:26 PM
That's a pretty wild decision. Wonder whether the NFL was whiffing on him and it's not clear. Would be surprised to see him go back if they were sounding positive. Particularly given the Matt Barkley scenario really wasn't that long ago and he came out of the same conference.

Haskins has hit the jackpot. Next years draft will be dame day good. Particularly if the pats/steelers/chargers/saints/giants are in the market.

Giggles
27-12-2018, 07:08 AM
What has to happen for Indianapolis to get eliminated? Could really do without the inevitable Luck wankathon.

Dan
27-12-2018, 08:12 AM
I’d imagine just losing to Tennessee would do it, given they’re both still in the hunt, but a Steelers win would probably help too.

Dan
27-12-2018, 08:45 AM
That's a pretty wild decision. Wonder whether the NFL was whiffing on him and it's not clear. Would be surprised to see him go back if they were sounding positive. Particularly given the Matt Barkley scenario really wasn't that long ago and he came out of the same conference.

Haskins has hit the jackpot. Next years draft will be dame day good. Particularly if the pats/steelers/chargers/saints/giants are in the market.

I think it was probably a combination of him having an underwhelming season & the potential they have for next year, especially as one of the guys coming in is his brother. Mario Cristobal seems to be a great recruiter, so he probably had a hand in persuading Herbert to go back too.

I’d imagine at least a couple of the teams with old QBs take someone in the r2-5 range this draft. Should have a ton of developmental guys available, even if we assume Haskins, Lock & Grier all go in round one - Clayton Thorson, Jarrett Stidham, Brett Rypien, Daniel Jones, Ryan Finley, Tyree Jackson, Jordan Ta’amu & probably others I’ve forgotten could all be guys that get picked up to be possible future starters.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-12-2018, 04:13 PM
I’d imagine just losing to Tennessee would do it, given they’re both still in the hunt, but a Steelers win would probably help too.

Yeah, win and in for them and the Titans.

Steelers need either a draw in that match (I think) and win. Or win and Ravens lose for the division.

Dan
28-12-2018, 08:45 AM
Oh shit, I forgot the college playoff games were tomorrow :drool:

Foe
28-12-2018, 09:08 AM
Think the good bowl games start from tonight, too. I've basically ignored college football for a couple of weeks so looking forward to it coming back.

Dan
28-12-2018, 02:40 PM
We’ve had a couple of decent ones - I was disappointed that BC/Boise State got cancelled, as that could have been good, and Temple/Duke & Miami/Wisconsin from last night have some NFL prospects in, even if they were both blowouts.

It gets legit from now though - even Auburn/Purdue could be worth a look. I’m hoping one of the condensed game YouTube channels starts putting them up, as I won’t be able to watch half of the game otherwise.

Dan
28-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Meanwhile, in NFL news, Ben Watson is planning to retire at the end of the season, and KC have given Damien Williams a 2yr deal.

Ian
28-12-2018, 03:38 PM
One of my earliest memories of a game I watched as a Broncos fan was Ben Watson charging diagonally across the field to bring down Champ Bailey on an interception return.

Dan
28-12-2018, 07:36 PM
Nice of Purdue to field literally no defenders today. Auburn have scored 35pts, including TD passes of 52, 66 & 77 yards, and we're barely into the second quarter. The Jarrett Stidham hype will be growing again at this rate.

Foe
28-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Turned it on. Saw the weak defence. Turned it off.

Blowout.

Dan
29-12-2018, 10:12 AM
Hakeem Butler has declared for the draft. He's been a beast this season, and he had a pretty tasty catch yesterday, which is basically what he's been doing all season.

Alamo Bowl looks to have been a pretty good one, actually. Gardner Minshew did his best Baker Mayfield impression in the highlights I've seen.

In other draft news, it looks like the entire Oregon offensive line is coming back, which just makes them even better for next year, and Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson, who's 6' 7" with a monster arm & good athleticism (think Josh Allen wearing platform boots), is applying for a transfer rather than coming out. If he ends up in a decent programme it could be huge for his 2020 draft stock.

Foe
29-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Did not realise dexter Lawrence had failed a drug test for PED.

He better hope he can figure out where it came from, or admit his mistake. Three of them failed for the same substance though, so could well be a programme fuck up in a supplement.

Nightmare for the big man, missing the semi final and adding a blemish to his draft stock.

Foe
29-12-2018, 08:53 PM
Hoping for a Clemson win here followed by a shootout in the bama Oklahoma game. Would love a Clemson Oklahoma final but suspect bamas defence will stop kyler Murray sometimes whilst Oklahoma defence will not be able to stop bama. Waddle, Judy and that nippy RB that jumps sideways will tear them apart.

Dan
29-12-2018, 09:49 PM
Breaks haven't been going Notre Dame's way so far, but it looks like it's going to be a pretty even game.

Foe
29-12-2018, 09:53 PM
Yeah. Notre dame are one of those teams I've seen very little of, bar the Michigan game.

They've looked a lot better then I thought they would. The Clemson offence isn't churning as much as I expected. Renfrew aside I'm not sure where their passing game is against a good defence.

Two fumbles from notre dame already though and one from Clemson. Playing with fire.

Dan
29-12-2018, 10:03 PM
Justyn Ross is going to be a stud in a year or two. I bloody love Hunter Renfrow as well.

Mitch Hyatt, on the other hand, fucking sucks. That sack he just gave up with embarrassing.

Three calls reversed in favour of Clemson now :D

Dan
29-12-2018, 10:51 PM
Breaks haven't been going Notre Dame's way so far, but it looks like it's going to be a pretty even game.

Nevermind. Hell of a catch from Tee Higgins there.

Trevor Lawrence has played well so far. Surprised by how much he's run the ball, but his toughness has been impressive - he took a shot from about three players on one third down run which looked vicious, but he just got up & carried on.

Four calls reversed now, all going from in favour of Notre Dame to in favour of Clemson. Sometimes it's just not your day.

Dan
30-12-2018, 01:48 AM
This one might get very ugly, very quickly. Kyler's looking like he wants to go play baseball so far.

I think, if it wasn't already clear, today has made it obvious that there are two teams way ahead of the rest, and the third best team is not one of the ones that made the playoffs.

Dan
30-12-2018, 02:03 AM
This could end up being worse than the Auburn/Purdue & Army/Houston games. Alabama are on pace to win 84-0 :D

Dan
30-12-2018, 01:38 PM
Well, at least we ended up with a decent game after the first quarter. Alabama did go a bit conservative, but they made plays when they had to. The Josh Jacobs hype train is really picking up steam now - he definitely seems to be in with a shot at being the first RB off the board if he decides to declare.

Giggles
30-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Last one tonight :(
That was a quick season.

Foe
30-12-2018, 03:45 PM
Yeah, bama never really looked in trouble.

Clemson were also far, far too good for notre dame. Georgia must be raging. They would've done a better job than notre dame or Oklahoma there.

Yeah, josh Jacobs is one of those kamara/cohen/David Johnson types. The big bodies at bama normally take the lead but aren't necessarily the best pro prospect. See bo Scarborough.

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-12-2018, 03:49 PM
There's talk that the Raiders might play all their home games at Spurs next year. They still haven't sorted a home stadium yet and it's an option they're weighing up.

Browning
30-12-2018, 04:48 PM
As if Spurs will be open.

Giggles
30-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Adams inactive. There's any good reason for watching out the window now.

Foe
30-12-2018, 06:12 PM
Some serious digging down the depth chart today.

Kyle Allen starting for the panthers.

Gonna see what young players have futures this afternoon.

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-12-2018, 06:28 PM
How do they overturn that Watson TD :cab:

Giggles
30-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Packers need to bench Rodgers before he gets done completely. No reason for him to be playing behind that line.

Foe
30-12-2018, 06:41 PM
Saints getting whiffed at home by Carolina with Kyle Allen toasting them.

:cab:

Giggles
30-12-2018, 06:49 PM
Prater TD pass. That sums up the season.

Giggles
30-12-2018, 06:55 PM
Shiiiiit Kizer is inaccurate.

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-12-2018, 07:22 PM
Tannehill is better at catching TD passes than throwing them.

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-12-2018, 07:26 PM
Josh Allen should stick to rushing.

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Barkley only the third rookie to do 2,000 scrimmage yards after Dickerson and Edgerrin James.

Giggles
30-12-2018, 08:07 PM

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-12-2018, 08:36 PM
Garett Gilbert at QB for Panthers now.

Who?

thommo
30-12-2018, 08:50 PM
Josh Allen with 3 passing and 2 rushing TDs today. From what a trainwreck Buffalo seemed at the start of the year, they have some real promise if they can pick up some skill position players for 2019.

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-12-2018, 08:59 PM
Bills throwing a pass to Kyle Williams who is retiring after the game :cool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-12-2018, 09:45 PM
I thought Perriman couldn't catch at M&T bank stadium :moop:

Giggles
30-12-2018, 10:16 PM
I thought Perriman couldn't catch at M&T bank stadium :moop:

Won't matter. This is going to be a blowout.

thommo
30-12-2018, 10:17 PM
One of the keys to this Ravens rushing attack is the incessant holding from the O-line. Very helpful.

Big Ben moaning as it was clearly the refs fault for him throwing an awful pass and allowing the safety to undercut the route for a pick 6. Wanker.

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-12-2018, 10:22 PM
This play baffled me:

Why did Jared Cook not run a route? Why did Derek Carr look over and decide 'yeah, that looks good'?

Giggles
30-12-2018, 10:22 PM
Jackson doesn't protect himself at all so the only hope you have is to use that advantage to take him out.

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-12-2018, 10:23 PM
Jackson doesn't protect himself at all so the only hope you have is to use that advantage to take him out.

Indeed.

It's only a matter of when and not if he takes a huge hit.

Giggles
30-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Indeed.

It's only a matter of when and not if he takes a huge hit.

The coach on the opposing sideline would suggest tonight could be the night. Maybe even offer a bonus for it ...

Gray Fox
30-12-2018, 10:31 PM
We need to win and Vikings lose to take their Wildcard spot. Vikings currently down by 13, we're up by 10. :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Jimmy Smith :cool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
30-12-2018, 10:39 PM
Loomar looks short there and then fumbles.

Giggles
30-12-2018, 10:45 PM
Browns completely robbed there.

thommo
30-12-2018, 10:51 PM
The Browns getting a rough deal here today. Could easily be 20-14 right now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-12-2018, 12:21 AM
Why are the Cardinals trying to win this?

Lose, get the first round pick, trade down slightly and profit.

Ian
31-12-2018, 12:38 AM
Garbage game or not, you can't just go about losing 31-0 at home to the sodding Lions.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-12-2018, 12:39 AM
CJ mother fucking Mosley :cool:

What a play that was.

thommo
31-12-2018, 12:46 AM
Gutting end to it all. Really thought the Browns could complete the comeback and send the Steelers to the playoffs, Mayfield was looking pretty damn good throughout that 2nd half.

Giggles
31-12-2018, 08:45 AM
Garbage game or not, you can't just go about losing 31-0 at home to the sodding Lions.

I've never seen less effort.

Ian
31-12-2018, 10:30 AM
Aw, I was hoping Chubb might make a push for Kearse's rookie sack record.

Dan
31-12-2018, 11:40 AM
I’ll probably get a little end of season awards list up tonight or tomorrow, and try to dig out the preseason one so everyone can lol at me saying the Chiefs were the team most likely to flop & Andy Reid would be the first coach fired.

Gray Fox
31-12-2018, 03:00 PM
Fuck me absolutely everyone is being fired.

Vance Joseph, Adam Gase and Marvin Lewis just in the past 30 mins.

Ian
31-12-2018, 03:05 PM
Joseph has been a dead man walking for a while.

Apparently Denver have asked New England's permission to interview their defensive coordinator.

Gray Fox
31-12-2018, 03:06 PM
Packers want Josh McDaniels too.

thommo
31-12-2018, 03:23 PM
Fuck me absolutely everyone is being fired.

Vance Joseph, Adam Gase and Marvin Lewis just in the past 30 mins.

Koetter and Bowles already went late yesterday too. Black Monday living up to its name.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-12-2018, 03:32 PM
Raiders are hiring Mike fucking Mayock to be their GM :D

At least we wont have to hear his bollocks during draft day and we'll get to see how shit he really is.

Gray Fox
31-12-2018, 04:07 PM
Add Steve Wilkes to the list, less than 24 hours after Patrick Peterson says he was staying.

Dan
31-12-2018, 05:09 PM
The Bengals ditching Marvin Lewis after a billion years (and presumably sending him into an executive role) only to then hire Hue Jackson is fantastic. Baker must be giddy right now.

Gase is probably the least deserving fire (I guess Wilkes too considering he’s had one season with a team that has about five NFL starters on the entire roster), but hopefully we’ll see some interesting hires.

Is the Mayock thing actually happening, or are we still going off him having an interview?

Hunter Henry is apparently going to play against Baltimore :drool:

Gray Fox
31-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Mayock is already in the building and signed.

Dan
31-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Oh shit :cool:

Coach & GM both hired straight off the telly having not been directly involved in day to day football operations for decades. What can possibly go wrong?

Giggles
31-12-2018, 05:50 PM
Packers want Josh McDaniels too.

Christ.

Gray Fox
01-01-2019, 06:08 PM
It's being reported that Antonio Brown didn't play this weekend gone as he had a disagreement with Big Ben the week before. He expected Tomlin to ease the situation in the media but he pretended like it never happened.

Brown turned up for walkthroughs but then quit them and left the stadium before half time.

Reports now say he has requested a trade away from the team.

Giggles
01-01-2019, 06:10 PM
It's being reported that Antonio Brown didn't play this weekend gone as he had a disagreement with Big Ben the week before. He expected Tomlin to ease the situation in the media but he pretended like it never happened.

Brown turned up for walkthroughs but then quit them and left the stadium before half time.

Reports now say he has requested a trade away from the team.

Does this qualify as Madden curse?

Dan
01-01-2019, 07:07 PM
If you're Buffalo/Arizona/NY Jets/San Fran/Oakland do you give up your first rounder for him?

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-01-2019, 07:15 PM
Oakland would be stupid not to (which means they wont) considering the capital they have.

The only one I think can be ruled out is the Niners.

Gray Fox
01-01-2019, 07:37 PM
49ers should be straight on the phone. Him Kittle and Jimmy G would be disgusting especially once they get McKinnon back.

Whether the Steelers would allow both Brown and Bell to leave is another matter.