PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 17 - sponsored by Visa, MasterCard, McDonalds etc.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Raoul Duke
13-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Released 29th September

Looks like some interesting gameplay additions like driven shots, angled-headers and better keeper distribution.

There's a new mode called The Journey which looks like a cross between Be A Pro and the ridiculous Spike Lee 'Joint' nonsense on NBA 2K16 (?): https://www.easports.com/fifa/the-journey - you play a kid called Alex Hunter who joins a premier league team.

Career mode seems like it's had some utterly meaningless additions, with all the same shitty systems still being as shitty as before (transfers/youth/training). But at least we can now, finally, look after our club's Brand Exposure :henn0rz:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2016/fifa-17-career-mode / http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-17/34381-fifa-17-career-mode-preview

Shindig
13-08-2016, 12:24 PM
Any footage out? PES is available to the youtube lot.

Danny
14-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Ugh, sounds shit.

Yevrah
14-08-2016, 11:38 AM
More garbage.

Danny
15-08-2016, 10:56 PM
Any footage out? PES is available to the youtube lot.

Are they gonna have 'proper' option files this year?

Tempted if they do.

Bernanke
15-08-2016, 11:02 PM
This sounds unbelievably shite. :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-09-2016, 05:41 PM
Demo out on Tuesday.

phonics
14-09-2016, 09:23 PM
The demos out.

It feels odd, turnings weird, player movement has changed but I'm sure I'll get used to it. They've massively nerfed lunge though so that's my era of being the best local FIFA player over. The set piece changes look interesting but free kicks on the edge of the area are still piss.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-09-2016, 09:30 PM
Just switched on the Journey bollocks.

Mourinho's been replaced by some Northern chancer.

Oh wait, he's now there on the touchline.

Sir Andy Mahowry
14-09-2016, 10:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7OmVkZ0Dio

That flick :drool:

I've scored with my last two corners by just putting it on Eric Bailly's head.

I aimed for where there was two players, fell to him and he obliged.

igor_balis
15-09-2016, 06:50 AM
Gonna really force myself to pass on Ultimate Team this season, because as much as the idea of it is great, I always spend money on it like a mug and the game engine is always bobbins. Been playing Fifa 16 online seasons the last couple of weeks and it has been much less annoying.

Yevrah
15-09-2016, 08:18 PM
From the looks of that clip it looks like the same ice skating based shit as every other version .

Bernanke
20-09-2016, 08:49 PM
I got De Gea in my first pack on the web app. :face:

Raoul Duke
20-09-2016, 09:02 PM
The demo was a bit shite I thought. Still buy it though, like an idiot.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-09-2016, 10:49 PM
Sorry you were not invited to participate in early web start in FUT 17. You will be able to use the Web App once FIFA 17 is released. You will need to have first logged in to FIFA 17 on your preferred platform, and created you FUT 17 Club.

The fuck?

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-09-2016, 07:25 PM
I've gone full retard and ordered the super deluxe version.

Gray Fox
27-09-2016, 09:47 PM
You never go full retard...

Shindig
27-09-2016, 10:23 PM
Does that ensure Alex Hunter gets some acting lessons? I feel like that's the only thing I'm interested in. It's probably just the Goal movies minus Joss Stone or Anna Friel as some tacked on love interest but I can dream.

Danny
28-09-2016, 03:44 AM
I am just watching a YouTuber play it. I would be well into it if it was "me". As it is, fuck that.

Learned my lesson playing as freq

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-09-2016, 12:23 PM
I am just watching a YouTuber play it. I would be well into it if it was "me". As it is, fuck that.

Learned my lesson playing as freq

That really was the pits.

phonics
28-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Stop denigrating the great story ever told in video games.

Demerit
28-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Freq didn't work because you sounded like your brain was melting out your ears and even if you made your character white your entire family, including twin sister, was black.

John
28-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Was 'Freq' the Spike Lee Joint in whatever NBA game it was? I saw a thirty second clip of that and lolled myself daft.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-09-2016, 05:19 PM
Was 'Freq' the Spike Lee Joint in whatever NBA game it was? I saw a thirty second clip of that and lolled myself daft.
Indeed.

Christ knows what 2K were thinking.

Baz
28-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Freq didn't work because you sounded like your brain was melting out your ears and even if you made your character white your entire family, including twin sister, was black.:roflol:

Shindig
28-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Also, every white character was pretending to be black.

Sir Andy Mahowry
28-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Also, every white character was pretending to be black.
Tbf they nailed that, all whiteys want to be black in the NBA.

Shindig
28-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Nope. If you see an Italian-American agent try to 'raise da roof' with his black clients, start questioning his mob credentials.

Samadini
29-09-2016, 07:21 AM
I just bought a PS4 with this game for £149. Seems a pretty banging deal even though I haven't enjoyed FIFA for a while. Will be up for some games at the weekend if anyone is about.

John
29-09-2016, 08:39 AM
They seem to have gone a little overboard with the coin boosts this year. Almost all of them are a grand a game so there must be about a hundred thousand coins to be had from those alone.

phonics
29-09-2016, 11:19 AM
Nope. If you see an Italian-American agent try to 'raise da roof' with his black clients, start questioning his mob credentials.

He's actually a recurring character from He Got Game (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He_Got_Game). He's a total scumbag.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-09-2016, 06:23 PM
As I hadn't played FIFA in a while and Pro Evo only sparingly the last few years I stuck it on Pro for my first journey match.

http://i.imgur.com/YGzYGa1.jpg

I guess I need to higher.

igor_balis
29-09-2016, 07:14 PM
anyone on xbox one? lads?

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Decided to choose Newcastle as my loan destination when I was told to fuck off to the Championship and I'm seriously regretting it.

I've played 10 games now scoring 10 goals but I'm having to work so hard for them. The style of play that 'Deano' has employed at Newcastle is the slowest, most boring possession game known to man which makes Van Gaal's reign at United look like the most glorious total football ever.

I'm having to drop so deep to collect the ball to stop players constantly turning, stopping on the ball and passing it around in neat little triangles before one tries to put his head down and run through the oppositions team.

I had scored in my first 8 matches but then drew blanks against Nottingham Forest (which was eye bleedingly bad) and Man City's kids in the EFL cup (we beat them in possession stats though because those triangles were fucking amazing at 3-1 down).

I can't wait to be brought back to United on THIS JOURNEY or just sold to some Saudi Arabian team because anything is better than this.

igor_balis
01-10-2016, 03:20 PM
Started playing ultimate team like a mug, but I'm fucking awful. Getting battered by 5+ a lot of games. Gonna persevere until I'm playing alright and my coin bonus things run out, then perhaps onto seasons.

Samadini
01-10-2016, 04:40 PM
What's the go to site for UT prices? Ultimatedb seems to not be a thing anymore, which is a shame.

Bernanke
01-10-2016, 04:59 PM
Futhead or Futwiz maybe?

John
01-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Decided to choose Newcastle as my loan destination when I was told to fuck off to the Championship and I'm seriously regretting it.

I've played 10 games now scoring 10 goals but I'm having to work so hard for them. The style of play that 'Deano' has employed at Newcastle is the slowest, most boring possession game known to man which makes Van Gaal's reign at United look like the most glorious total football ever.

I'm having to drop so deep to collect the ball to stop players constantly turning, stopping on the ball and passing it around in neat little triangles before one tries to put his head down and run through the oppositions team.

I had scored in my first 8 matches but then drew blanks against Nottingham Forest (which was eye bleedingly bad) and Man City's kids in the EFL cup (we beat them in possession stats though because those triangles were fucking amazing at 3-1 down).

I can't wait to be brought back to United on THIS JOURNEY or just sold to some Saudi Arabian team because anything is better than this.

Call for a pass. The AI will just maintain possession until you intervene.

What's the go to site for UT prices? Ultimatedb seems to not be a thing anymore, which is a shame.

FUThead was my go to site last year but that and Wiz seem to be slow on getting the prices updated this year.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Call for a pass. The AI will just maintain possession until you intervene.

FUThead was my go to site last year but that and Wiz seem to be slow on getting the prices updated this year.
I do but I'm having to drop so deep to get involved to try and get them to actually attack.

I'm further back than the wingers and attacking mid to get them moving it out of defence.

Spikey M
01-10-2016, 06:32 PM
The Journey looks decent, although for some reason you have to play as Patrice Evra.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-10-2016, 07:02 PM
The Journey looks decent, although for some reason you have to play as Patrice Evra.
More Martial really.

Although the story is near enough Rashford's.

Spikey M
01-10-2016, 07:05 PM
They all look the same to me.

The French that is. Obv's.

Samadini
01-10-2016, 09:30 PM
There's always something completely borked with EA. Won't let me do transfers on the web app and it's a load of shit doing it on the console, you just miss out on everything.

I also lost a game 7-0 with 52% possession. Good start.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-10-2016, 09:44 PM
Yes, I was disappointed at not being able to buy people on the web app.

It's also a bit shit regarding the lack of filters on console when attempting to buy someone. Why can't you sort by buy now price? It's something that is in other EA ultimate team games.

Raoul Duke
01-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Picked this up earlier and had a good few games (offline). It's much slower and you're less able to dribble, which is a shame - that's my favourite part of the game. It took a while to get to grips with it but it started to come together. Scored some cracking volleys. Free-kicks seem ok, but penalties and corners are a nightmare.

Career Mode is as reliably bonkers as ever. I started with Dortmund and have sold getting on for £150m worth of players (Abaumayeng for £75m, my goalkeeper for £25m, Pathapabpopbapothapopapapapalopolis for £30m are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head). I bought in a few potential world-beaters to replace them (Tielemans, Timo Horn, Angel Correa).

Then, of course, four days before the new season starts Reus decides he's gotta leave and, despite him having recently signed a new contract, The Board say he's gotta go :cab: Bayern chipped in with a shit bid but I imagine he'll go for somewhere around £80-£100m, which will leave me with around £200m to spend...or I'll maybe go in for Griezmann using one of my favourite tactics: a cheeky FIFA swap deal.

Samadini
01-10-2016, 09:46 PM
I quite like attacking corners now, but yeah, what the fucking hell has happened to penalties?

I've had 3 so far and all 3 of them struggled to even roll all the way to the goalkeeper.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-10-2016, 10:00 PM
I went on a run of scoring from 8 corners in a row across the demo and start of the actual game. I find they're so much easier to actually attack now.

I find penalties better too, I haven't missed one in those training game things.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-10-2016, 12:52 AM
I wish for a slow, horrible, painful death for Matt Ritchie.

It seems he's always open but always fucks everything up when he gets the ball. He would try and dribble through the great wall of China it seems, however he'd manage to lose possession playing in the Australian outback with everyone else miles away.

Samadini
02-10-2016, 07:53 AM
Still can't access the transfer market on FUT. Looks like I need to play more games before I get access to it, but it's a load of bollocks, as it doesn't apply to everyone. And there's no indication of how many matches you have to play. I'm on about 15 so far.

Did a bit of digging and noticed I had this put up against my account this morning. Don't even know what the fuck they're on about and FIFA 12 came out 5 years ago ffs, why have they decided now is the time to act on that, whatever it is.

https://s22.postimg.org/flbpgwjm9/fuck_off.png

Should have just got PES :face:

Smiffy
02-10-2016, 08:11 AM

Waffdon
02-10-2016, 08:15 AM
That low power shot is overpowered as fuck.

Samadini
02-10-2016, 07:52 PM
Having to watch your opponent do a 'dab' after every single goal is sickening. Would have good money on you being one of those twats Waffelz.

Raoul Duke
02-10-2016, 08:31 PM
:D

I've started getting into the groove with this now. It's much slower and the players are way less nimble than previous games. Passing seems to be the most effective route to goal, as well as low shots. Set pieces are truly bobbins though.

Waffdon
02-10-2016, 09:00 PM
I don't know how to do that tbf. The game is alright. Huge fan of the corners and using Paul pogba

Samadini
02-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Wish I could take corners for the whole 90 minutes.

Still can't use the web app. :panda:

Samadini
02-10-2016, 09:24 PM
You never get any transparency from EA. Trying to search around for answers is a piss take. No one knows:

I'm on my phone, so it's possible these are massive.
http://i.imgur.com/i0E1nhr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/56BTF3l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mQPPkw5.jpg

wullie
03-10-2016, 08:33 AM
The main improvements I've noticed so far over 16 is that in a career mode as Cov, the AI opponents in League One don't have the ball retention skills of Barcelona this year and they're more likely to lose possession and shank a pass like in real life. Most surprising is that Marvin Sordell has his real life face, which is a rarity for a Cov player not loaned from the top division.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Dropping Hunter from the FA cup games because it's 'blood and thunder' in THE GREATEST AND HARDEST CUP COMPETITION EVER is so lol and slightly sickening.

Raoul Duke
03-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Beat Bayern 2-1 with a 80-something minute goal earlier with my Dortmund team :drool:

I'm still not sure if I like this version or not. The difficulty of pulling off skills (one of my favourite things) is frustrating, but the slightly more ramshackle, albeit more realistic, nature of the matches feels good.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Got an 87+ loan player pack in Journey, went to open it and got this:

http://i.imgur.com/eAMv3hr.jpg

Absolutely fucking seething.

John
03-10-2016, 11:06 PM
Why? It's always been that way and it'd be intensely stupid for it to work any other way.

Samadini
03-10-2016, 11:57 PM
Finally got access to the web app and currently milking Mitroglu, the peasant's cash cow. Can flip a decent number of them for around 400 profit each (could be more, but looks like someone else is doing the same thing with him, so we're squeezing eachother out a bit) almost instantly. Will start proper trading once I build up some funds.

Danny
04-10-2016, 12:20 AM
Why? It's always been that way and it'd be intensely stupid for it to work any other way.

I imagine its cause its Di Maria

Bernanke
04-10-2016, 05:48 AM
So, gay glitches are back.

https://i.redd.it/m6yr7cis56px.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/pD53f1p6mTqJa/giphy.gif

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-10-2016, 02:15 PM
That Ibra one is amazing.

Bernanke
04-10-2016, 02:17 PM
The combo of the teammate cheering him on, the goalie shaking his head, and his celebration after he's done really takes it to another level.

Shindig
04-10-2016, 07:55 PM
That Journey is only a season, huh? What a great use of erm... something.

Spikey M
04-10-2016, 08:05 PM
Dropping Hunter from the FA cup games because it's 'blood and thunder' in THE GREATEST AND HARDEST CUP COMPETITION EVER is so lol and slightly sickening.

Is that what happens when you're not in Europe? :D

John Arne
05-10-2016, 05:01 AM
That Journey is only a season, huh? What a great use of erm... something.

Is this right? So, you only get to play for 1 season and that's it? Does it let you continue the game just without all the cut scenes?

Shindig
05-10-2016, 06:21 AM
Don't think so. You get Alex Hunter's Ultimate Team card at the end and that's it.

Spikey M
05-10-2016, 07:18 AM
Well that's shit.

Oh well, at least I can then get back to guiding Southend to their rightful place as winners of the Champions league.

John
05-10-2016, 09:49 AM
They've added all manner of pointless bells onto Ultimate Team for this version, but the potential to come up against an entirely fictional player earned in a separate mode is probably the worst thing they've done since the price ranges. Just complete bobbins.

I've knocked together a nifty little Serie A side that's doing great things for me.

GK - Viviano
DR - Zappacosta
DL - Rui
DC - Koulibaly
DC - Maksimovic
DMC - Allen
MC - Lemina
MC - Hernanes
RW - Salah
LW - Felipe Anderson
ST - Mandzukic

igor_balis
05-10-2016, 05:00 PM
I've built a pretty shit Russian league side, it is pretty shit. As am I.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-10-2016, 05:31 PM
I built a pace merchant Japanese JLeague side which I have yet to use. They will don the world though.

The Merse
10-10-2016, 02:18 AM
So, getting J.Boateng, Vardy, Lukaku, Thiago and a TOTW Castilejo in packs so far has been good. The SBC's have been generous as fuck in particular, and I completed the Sterling challenge too, so I've been more than pleased with my squad. But this weeks jumbo really served up the goods:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/28taudf.jpg

Fuck aye.

Playing with him for now, but may sell and bring in... I don't know, whoever the fuck I want I guess - maybe de Bruyne, Aubameyang and Reus to finish off my EPL-Bundesliga side.

Spikey M
10-10-2016, 05:00 AM
I havn't had Fifa since 2012 (and haven't even started this one yet), how does this packs thing work? Is ot basically a sticker book? Do you have to buy them? Is it linked to Career mode or is it a seperate thing?

John
10-10-2016, 06:32 AM
I havn't had Fifa since 2012 (and haven't even started this one yet), how does this packs thing work? Is ot basically a sticker book? Do you have to buy them? Is it linked to Career mode or is it a seperate thing?

It's a separate mode. It's like a Panini book crossed with a PES Master League, and you can buy packs with actual money but you don't have to.

I got Hazard in a pack and used the proceeds to buy Handanovic, Manolas, Florenzi, Alex Sandro, Hamsik, Perisic, Cuadrado, and OTW Milik. That was a good pack.

Gray Fox
10-10-2016, 08:51 AM
The best player I've ever had in a pack is Ashley Young. Obviously I stopped then because it's not possible to do better than that.

Samadini
10-10-2016, 12:10 PM
Had absolutely nothing from packs so far. Im so jealous of you lot.

Donning shit playing two target men upfront though. Llorente and Carroll :drool:

John
10-10-2016, 12:32 PM
Had absolutely nothing from packs so far. Im so jealous of you lot.

Donning shit playing two target men upfront though. Llorente and Carroll :drool:

A target man with a couple of rapid wingers does seem to be the best way in the early going. Mandzukic is a bastard in that setup. Until I bought Koulibaly, who is seventeen feet tall and made of wood, basically any striker with a decent leap would biff me in the air, and I had Maksimovic in there so I was hardly trying to get by with a couple of midgets.

Remy always has ninety odd jumping for some reason, if you want a bit of pace up front without sacrificing the crosses.

The Merse
10-10-2016, 02:26 PM
I'm so torn in the cold light of morning. I played a game with Ronaldo and understood the value of him. 2-0 down in 20 mins to a chap who is a bit good, I took on a shot with Ronaldo I'd rarely try otherwise (I'm classic Arsenal 2009 in style - never cross, never shoot from range, walk the fucker in). A finesse strike from about 30 yards zipped into the top right, and I tied the game up shortly afterwards.

Had a pen saved with him too, but I'm yet to master those and at least it was on target.

So, current squad has been adapted from a Bundesliga-Prem all 10 chem team to one which is 100 chem but has a couple of 8's and 9's in there to fit Ronaldo in, plus I'll need to replace James Rodriquez:
http://oi63.tinypic.com/2s6oqwx.jpg

Or - I reckon I can just about fund either of these two concept squads that bring me back to the EPL-GER1 concept I'd been working towards by letting him go -
http://oi64.tinypic.com/sv2r2s.jpg

The second would require a few more sales but I reckon it's achievable and I'd just start Vardy until I had Aguero:
http://oi64.tinypic.com/sv2r2s.jpg

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-10-2016, 02:38 PM
They're the same...

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Smalling has been my best pull thus far, 22k sold.

I'm going to stock up a few hundred K coins then spunk it on one mega player to build around.

The Merse
10-10-2016, 03:24 PM
They're the same...

Oh yeah.

Meant this one... Aguero being the expensive difficulty (about 350k more than Gundogan, so maybe will start with that 433 and move to the 442 if I get Aguero):

http://oi65.tinypic.com/67jf4o.jpg

Spikey M
10-10-2016, 05:13 PM
A target man with a couple of rapid wingers does seem to be the best way in the early going. Mandzukic is a bastard in that setup. Until I bought Koulibaly, who is seventeen feet tall and made of wood, basically any striker with a decent leap would biff me in the air, and I had Maksimovic in there so I was hardly trying to get by with a couple of midgets.

Remy always has ninety odd jumping for some reason, if you want a bit of pace up front without sacrificing the crosses.

Gotcha. How do you 'buy' them if you don't want to spend cash money? I'm assuming you generate points somehow?

The Merse
10-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Gotcha. How do you 'buy' them if you don't want to spend cash money? I'm assuming you generate points somehow?

Winning games, tournaments etc generate coins used to buy packs or for use on the open market (Fifa eBay basically).

Samadini
10-10-2016, 09:39 PM
My best pack pull so far is Badstuber. Absolutely seething.

Raoul Duke
10-10-2016, 09:59 PM
The trick on this seems to be using the L2 move to protect the ball and move laterally in front of the goal. It's way overpowered but really helps build up play.

My Dortmund career mode is ticking along nicely. Sold Goatse to Milan for £100m but I don't really need the money. Now in the process of bringing through some youth teamers and developing the guys already there like Mor and Dembele. Max Meyer is amazeballs. My best youths are some Uruguyan left winger and I've got a keeper who's going to be 93-94 rated, so will be first choice by next year probably.

I've also found Drogba's regen and either Lampard or Gerrard too :cool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-10-2016, 10:03 PM
I haven't used him yet but I've just put 'Hunter' on Alex Hunter.

89 pace and 84 shooting.

Although I think after John's post earlier, 'Finisher' might be better as it bumps his jumping to 91.

igor_balis
10-10-2016, 11:48 PM
Actually managed to drag myself away from ultimate team, as I fucking hate it. I love the idea of it, but I've always hated the shitty game engine they use on it (unless it is exactly the same and I'm just imagining the differences).

Seasons is great fun. Been enjoying Leverkusen and Schalke quite a lot, but I'm getting a bit sick of playing Liverpool 2 times out of 3.

Shindig
11-10-2016, 06:29 AM
It's the same engine as the base game. Or at least it should be.

John
11-10-2016, 06:50 AM
It's the same base engine but all the chemistry styles and special cards makes it feel a lot more arcadey.

Raoul Duke
11-10-2016, 06:53 PM
Aren't the 'sliders' set differently, I thought?

igor_balis
11-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Aren't the 'sliders' set differently, I thought?

That was my understanding, but I'm happy to be corrected if it was all in my head. Also, John, did you hear about the chemistry fuck-up with the IF players last time? From my limited understanding, the really highly rated TOTS players effectively played like bog-standard players, because of some crap programming.

John
12-10-2016, 08:28 AM
That was my understanding, but I'm happy to be corrected if it was all in my head. Also, John, did you hear about the chemistry fuck-up with the IF players last time? From my limited understanding, the really highly rated TOTS players effectively played like bog-standard players, because of some crap programming.

I didn't, but I've long suspected some arseholery that nobbled the better upgraded players, since at least as long ago as Balotelli was still at Man City. I had the Man City version that year and he was comfortably the best player in my side, so when he went to Milan and immediately got an IF I sold up and bought a Serie A side to accommodate the IF, and he was complete bilge.

John
12-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Has anyone used any of the higher rated Serie A players in the draft or whatever and would recommend any of them? I'm currently sitting on 100k and was thinking about building towards Higuain, but Bacca is absolutely banging them in. I can afford basically anyone else, and my team is currently thus;

GK - Handanovic
DR - Florenzi
DL - Alex Sandro
DC - Koulibaly
DC - Manolas
DMC - Allen
MC - Lemina
MC - Hamsik
RW - Cuadrado
LW - Perisic
ST - Bacca

The only players I'll absolutely not be replacing are Sandro, Koulibaly, and Bacca.

Gray Fox
13-10-2016, 11:54 AM
Opened a few packs last night, got myself about 80k worth of coins through volume, rather than actually bagging anyone good.

Avoiding the same old shit PLNSBB team, any recommendations on where to start?

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Bundesliga.

I'm going to build a squad around IF Hernandez.

I made a player career but got annoyed when Rashford was sold to Stoke for 10 fucking million so I started a manager career. Naturally I've hoovered up the best youth.

Switched to a 4-3-3 attack as 4-2-3-1 wasn't quite right and Rashford at RW is absolutely amazing. He glides past players with ease, decent enough crossing when I feel the need and devastating when he goes inside. They've really done him justice I feel.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Just pulled an IF Valencia \0/.

Edit: About 40k? Useless.

Reg
14-10-2016, 08:59 PM
Has anyone used any of the higher rated Serie A players in the draft or whatever and would recommend any of them? I'm currently sitting on 100k and was thinking about building towards Higuain, but Bacca is absolutely banging them in. I can afford basically anyone else, and my team is currently thus;

GK - Handanovic
DR - Florenzi
DL - Alex Sandro
DC - Koulibaly
DC - Manolas
DMC - Allen
MC - Lemina
MC - Hamsik
RW - Cuadrado
LW - Perisic
ST - Bacca

The only players I'll absolutely not be replacing are Sandro, Koulibaly, and Bacca.
He seems good, how's he doing for you?

I haven't played UT on this version but Nainggolan and Mkhitaryan are good offline.

Samadini
14-10-2016, 09:57 PM
Haven't been able to play for most of the week, only just seen the IF Mitrovic. They've given him 99 heading :drool:

Shindig
14-10-2016, 11:09 PM
That's miles better than Vidic. I've done nowt with him on PES.

Samadini
16-10-2016, 09:15 AM
https://s21.postimg.org/utxrxfcx3/teem.png

Can't afford it yet, but working towards this :cool:

Mertesacker is class, 27 pace would have been suicide a few years ago.

John
16-10-2016, 09:34 AM
That Valencia will be mental. Pace and strength seem to be roughly equal in importance this year, so combining them like that should lead to someone nigh on unstoppable.

Samadini
16-10-2016, 10:31 AM
Yeah looks class. Proper crossbot too. Lofted crosses to Mitrovic at the far post to knock down for Tadic to volley in :cool:

Will get the IF Coleman eventually too and get him overlapping. Fuchs will stay back until his long throws are required.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2016, 11:38 AM
https://i.imgur.com/4Vh0Zca.png

That's what I'm aiming for.

Edit: Actually, OTW Sanches instead of Alonso.

Gray Fox
16-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Anyone managed to get into this weekend league business?

I held off to see what kind of rewards there are. If you can qualify even just the 1 win is pretty decent.

For anyone who doesn't know:

There are qualifying tournaments through each week to gain access. Each day entry requirements for the qualifyers change slightly. Once you qualify you wait until the weekend league. Once the weekend league starts, you get 40 games(it seems quite high for me) to play until Sunday night. You don't have to play all 40 games, but you're best off playing as many as possible.
Depending on how many games you win, you'll finish in a tier. These are Bronze, Silver, Gold and Elite and each one has 3 levels. The more games you win, the better the prizes. Almost every reward pays out coins and also at least 2 packs.

For example the lowest category is Bronze 3, which is winning just 1 game. This gets you 1,000 coins and 2 gold packs. But say 18 wins, is 30,000 coins, 2 Mega packs and 1 Rare players pack. It really ramps up once you get into the 20 wins stage too. There's packs to be won that guarantee TOTW players.
If you do very well you could qualify for a top 100 bonus, which adds loads on top of what you already got, but you'll need to be topping 33/34 wins at least for that.

These happen every week and each week of a month adds together. There's a similar tier system for the month, so if you're 3 wins short of the next tier for the week with only 2 games left, it's still worth playing them for the monthly rewards.

The thing seems great if you can get in it. It should in theory be easier to get in as each week passes too. You can't adjust for what people get in their packs, but it finally seems like a fair way of rewarding the better players. I think it may be toned down slightly in future though. The prizes once you hit 22 wins and up are fantastic, but those who can consistently crack the weekly top 100 are going to be mega rich inside a month or 2.

That is all assuming you don't have to re-qualify each week though.

Gray Fox
16-10-2016, 12:21 PM
https://i.imgur.com/4Vh0Zca.png

That's what I'm aiming for.

Edit: Actually, OTW Sanches instead of Alonso.

I can afford, Kagawa, Piszczek and standard Sanches from that team.

It's going to be a long road.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2016, 12:59 PM
I can afford, Kagawa, Piszczek and standard Sanches from that team.

It's going to be a long road.

I've just bought Hernandez, Embolo, Kagawa, Sanches, Hummels and Piszczek.

I have Rues on loan for 2 matches so I'll just fill the gaps for a bit. I think I'll hold off on the others I don't have until they get IFs which they should.

The Merse
16-10-2016, 01:37 PM
I've pretty much completed my A Team (I might want Neuer and Vidal), so I'm stock piling for Squad Builder Challenges now. I've got the Sterling and Son specials, with the former part of my A team, and the latter in my B Team (rotated in to get the A Team back to fitness). I fancy getting a B Team made up purely of SBC players, so that's my aim for the rest of the game I think... Odd to have finished my A team so early but obviously that's happens when you pack Ronaldo and have no intention of featuring BBVA players in your side. Boateng was my best packed player otherwise, and along with a TOTW player and a John Terry came through the Gold upgrade SBC.

A Team -
http://oi65.tinypic.com/2ynfdl5.jpg

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Just had a quick offline game with the players I bought.

Renato Sanches is brilliant, he's like a bull.

Samadini
16-10-2016, 03:55 PM
Badstuber is still my best pull. Properly seething.

Going to buy some fifa points tomorrow when I'm home. If I don't get anything from that then I'm done with packs this year.

Gray Fox
16-10-2016, 04:56 PM
Just had a quick offline game with the players I bought.

Renato Sanches is brilliant, he's like a bull.

Which versions of Hernandez, Embolo and Sanches did you get?

Badstuber is still my best pull. Properly seething.

Going to buy some fifa points tomorrow when I'm home. If I don't get anything from that then I'm done with packs this year.

I feel your pain. I never seem to get the luck with these packs. Though I've never bought any of the big ones they put on, so maybe that's why.

I was about to start on my Bundesliga side, but having checked up, the requirements for this weeks entry tournaments mean I could only use it on the 3rd one.
1st tournament you can have a max 4 star team. 2nd one is all one nationality. I might have to hold off and try and add to my 85k.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2016, 05:05 PM
Which versions of Hernandez, Embolo and Sanches did you get?

I feel your pain. I never seem to get the luck with these packs. Though I've never bought any of the big ones they put on, so maybe that's why.

I was about to start on my Bundesliga side, but having checked up, the requirements for this weeks entry tournaments mean I could only use it on the 3rd one.
1st tournament you can have a max 4 star team. 2nd one is all one nationality. I might have to hold off and try and add to my 85k.
IF Chicharito (109k), OTW Embolo (67k) and OTW Sanches (130k).

I had saved up a touch under 400k to build it.

Still need Reus, Vidal, Alaba, Boateng and Neuer.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-10-2016, 05:25 PM
http://www.futhead.com/17/players/50148/javier-hernandez/?individualChem=9&chemType=hawk

Hernandez + Hawk = :drool:

John
16-10-2016, 05:48 PM
I have a Hawk card on my Bacca and he's deadly with it. I suspect he'd be brilliant anyway, but with ninety plus acceleration, pace, positioning, finishing, and eighty plus strength and jumping he's basically unplayable whatever the situation.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-10-2016, 02:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/gPRpMHv.png

I'll wait until Neuer, Boateng, Alaba, Vidal and Reus get an IF or two.

Gray Fox
17-10-2016, 04:20 PM
I need a team made up of one nationality. Should see me have 2 goes at qualifying for the weekend.

Obvious ones that stand out are Brazil, Germany, Italty etc.

I need a site that actually has prices up with the squad building bit.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-10-2016, 05:20 PM
Futhead should get them up but they'll be another week or so away I imagine (providing EA lets them use the data).

You can usually make cheap pace merchant teams from countries like Japan, Saudi Arabia, Korea etc. I don't think pace is what it used to be in 10-14 though.

I played 2 online games just now and they reminded me how much I hate the general FIFA player. In the first I stupidly only had 2 black kits equipped so my opponent chose his one black kit. Managed to win 2-1 but it would have been more had I been able to see who my players were. I spent most of the game trying to dribble around every single fucking player as Sanches though which was quite fun.

Second game and the guy lagged me out hard, it ended 0-0 in which I had by far the better chances.

I'd be up for playing one of you mooks (PSN is Mahow) and getting donned. The last time I played someone on here was offshore and he was destroying me.

Samadini
17-10-2016, 09:44 PM
I am a fucking idiot. Bought some FIFA points for my first proper pack splurge since 12. Bought them from 'Electronic First' rather than somewhere legit, as it saved about a quid. Took about 10 minutes to get any kind of confirmation, but didn't come with a code, just an email asking me for my telephone number and my address...

I've fucking given them my details and haven't heard anything since.

Raoul Duke
17-10-2016, 09:47 PM
I am a fucking idiot. Bought some FIFA points for my first proper pack splurge since 12. Bought them from 'Electronic First' rather than somewhere legit, as it saved about a quid. Took about 10 minutes to get any kind of confirmation, but didn't come with a code, just an email asking me for my telephone number and my address...

I've fucking given them my details and haven't heard anything since.

I've bought stuff from them before and it came through ok. Was some time ago though.

Samadini
17-10-2016, 09:54 PM
That's good to know, but they've properly sucked all the fun out of this now, was quite excited about opening packs about an hour ago. Fuck knows when/if I get my code.

Raoul Duke
17-10-2016, 10:02 PM
That's good to know, but they've properly sucked all the fun out of this now, was quite excited about opening packs about an hour ago. Fuck knows when/if I get my code.

Check your spam folder.

Samadini
17-10-2016, 11:25 PM
Fuck me, what a waste of money. Packs are generally absolutely shit and I need to remember that next time Merse comes in to show off.

At least I've got plenty of contracts.

Samadini
17-10-2016, 11:31 PM
Properly raging. I got Coman, who sells for less than 9k, every other player I got goes for less than 2k.

Raoul Duke
18-10-2016, 06:42 AM
:D

This is why I don't bother with FUT. You either need to put a billion hours into matches with it (and I don't need to get beasted 5-0 by some teenager after a long day at work) and even then, the crushing disappointment of pulling an absolute shite pack is heartbreaking

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-10-2016, 06:48 AM
I hate you.

Samadini
18-10-2016, 06:57 AM
Spent £15 quid on packs and still can't afford my relatively shit dream team.

Gray Fox
18-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Mahow How are those expensive buys holding up?

Since Embolo has broken his ankle his card has started the slow slide down past 60k. Given I've not much coin for anything on top of him, is he worth investing in, knowing I'll not be able to sell him for 4/5 months?

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-10-2016, 09:40 PM
Sanches is the daddy, I love him.

Embolo is great but at the same time I reckon you could use someone like Bellarabi though and spend elsewhere.

John
19-10-2016, 02:05 PM
Got Higuain. :drool:

Hunter card on there and he's absurd.

Gray Fox
19-10-2016, 03:05 PM
I imagine with 87 shooting if you're giving him a shot within 25 yards, he's banging it in.

Gray Fox
19-10-2016, 07:25 PM
Looking at something like this:

https://gyazo.com/f797cb833212c044dcb5981bb67d5418.png

It seems a pretty decent start, with room to upgrade in every position. The full-backs aren't great, but there's not a lot of options in the Bundesliga. I think I can just about afford it.

I'd also love the IF Calhanoglu too. His card being a LW isn't a help, but I'd start him at LF and then swap him back into the centre and bring on the right LF.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-10-2016, 07:42 PM
http://www.futhead.com/17/players/19074/dennis-diekmeier/

If you don't mind going silver.

Gray Fox
19-10-2016, 07:54 PM
If he's good, I don't care what colour the card is.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-10-2016, 08:21 PM
He's a better tackler than Brosinski (other defensive stats are near identical as well as crossing) but he's 6 foot 2 as well.

Looking at around 7.5-8k though because 'THE COMMUNITY' love him.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Outside of Alaba there really aren't many great options on either side in the Bundesliga.

Gray Fox
19-10-2016, 08:58 PM
That makes them a good option for 3 at the back formations. I haven't played that since the glory days of Esswein and Diouf up front together with Sidney Sam and Schurrle as RM and LM.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-10-2016, 10:48 PM
The cheat 3-5-2 with pace ahoy :drool:

I was still shit.

Samadini
20-10-2016, 01:20 PM
I can't do anything right on FUT, might just give up on it soon. Bought an IF Mitrovic for 17k, but didn't get to use him as I've been away, so cashed in and sold him for 19,750 and figured I'd just buy him cheap once I got back.

He's now been price fixed at 30k. Seriously can't be arsed.

John
20-10-2016, 01:27 PM
If you're going silver for a right back then Daniel Opare is the man. He was a 75 overall last year with pretty much the same stats and was the best right back I used all year.

Sama I paid 88k for a OTW Milik who's now worth 35k. A 12k deficit is nothing to make up once you're playing and winning games.

Samadini
20-10-2016, 01:41 PM
Fuck me I'm fickle, that pep talk was all I needed and now I'm buzzing to make my team again.

Bit scared to see how much IF Valencia is now though, might have to wait a bit for him.

Samadini
20-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Looks like someone tried to price fix Valencia at 65k (was 42k before I went away), but they're failing miserably as there's fucking loads of them on the market and no one is bidding on his. So the price should come down eventually.

The Mitrovic price fixer seems to have done it properly, there's only about 20 on the market.

I need Matic to come down in price, I've only got 60k, so struggling to put this team together.

John
20-10-2016, 02:20 PM
Go for a lesser alternative for now. If you've bought the coin bonuses you'll be getting 1.5k a game for your first sixty or so games so once you have a team it doesn't take long to start upgrading every part of it. Leroy Fer looks like a cheap wrecking ball type in the mould of Matic. Idrissa Gueye looks like another option, and there's a proper little all rounder called Doucoure at Watford.

And Michail Antonio should be able to do a passable impression of Valencia until you can get the real thing.

Samadini
20-10-2016, 02:39 PM
Yeah I've got Antonio for now, added bonus of having his long throw trait, will stick a catalyst (adds to crossing stat) card on him. I need Matic so I can create the chemistry triangle along with IF Mitrovic and IF Tadic. Shame Carroll is dead and not likely to ever get an IF. Would enjoy an IF Giroud, his TOTS card in 12 was one of the best I've ever played with.

Going to be putting a Hunter card on Mitro, who I've now bought for 9k more than I sold him for a few days ago. Will keep him forever, so whatever.

John
20-10-2016, 02:47 PM
If nationality matters above all else Grujic from Liverpool will fill the hole while you build the funds for Matic. He'll probably be shite, but he'll complete the chemistry so better players will be better for having him there.

Get an 'architect' card for Antonio. That offers +15 crossing. Catalyst is only +10 and will cost more because of the pace boost.

Samadini
20-10-2016, 02:53 PM
Balls, that might have been the one I was thinking of. Too late now, but my team is set and I've managed to squeeze in a Matic.

Handy to know about Grujic for my bench as I'm pretty fucked once there are injuries (and there fucking will be, unless they've addressed that since I've been away), this would be so much easier if Newcastle weren't in the Championship :moop:

John
20-10-2016, 02:58 PM
They seem to have sorted it a little, but there are still a few too many injuries. I've hoarded enough Serie A players at this point that it isn't a huge issue, but it's still a pain in the balls when Ever Banega goes down for four games to an upper body injury having been kicked in the ankle, and it's fucking always an upper body injury. The cards for that injury were about three grand each the last time I looked because it's the only injury anyone ever gets.

Samadini
20-10-2016, 03:07 PM
I'm going to be seething when Mitrovic goes down in his first game.

Tadic actually needs the pace boost, so gave him a catalyst card too, should be pretty good with that. Will get Kolarov in for rotation at LB for the odd game of 10 chemistry for Tadic. I assume his crossing will be decent too. Might end up sticking Catalyst on him too.

John
20-10-2016, 03:16 PM
You get an extra one chemistry if you get a manager with the same nationality or league as your player, and all players get an extra one once they've played ten games for you, so Tadic should have ten chemistry at all times.

Samadini
20-10-2016, 03:36 PM
Ah sweet, I'd pretty much forgotten how it all works. Serb manager and ten games will be a big boost for Mitrovic who I was only able to get up to 6 chemistry.

Just looked at Kolarov and he's is fucking perfect for my system even forgetting his nationality. Shame that he will be CB if he ever gets an IF. I'd probably still buy the card anyway.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-10-2016, 04:45 PM
Decided to take out Durm and Piszcek for Ricardo Rodriguez with shadow and Opare with artist.

Samadini
20-10-2016, 04:53 PM
Team of giants and I'm 2-0 down to two Firmino headers.

Samadini
20-10-2016, 05:04 PM
Lost 3-0 time to sell up.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-10-2016, 05:05 PM
I've just seen Toprak with sentinel applied.

90 interceptions, 94 heading, 99 marking, 99 sliding tackle, 99 standing tackle, 87 jumping, 94 strength, 84 aggression. Couple all of that with his natural 75 acceleration and 77 sprint speed? Christ.

Also has a 5* weak foot too.

Samadini
20-10-2016, 05:23 PM
Just had a cracker against a Musa/Remy side. Ended up losing 2-1 from a couple of counters that I should have prevented, but it was fun absolutely battering him in the match. I need to learn how to be a bit more accurate with my crosses though, most were gobbled up easily by the keeper.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-10-2016, 05:45 PM
Was doing single draft, won the first two matches but I was shit. Then in the third it clicked and I was 5-0 up after about 60 minutes but then the connection died (fuck your servers EA) which meant it counted as a 3-0 loss.

In one of my gold packs I got that new silver IF Fulham LB though so there's my money back and more.

Samadini
20-10-2016, 05:47 PM
Fucking smashed a Gray/Musa/Rashford team 3-0 and should have been more. 23 pace Mertesacker eating them all for dinner :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Yeah pace isn't the ultimate thing that it used to be (the MLS bronze teams back in the day :drool:) which is nice.

Gray Fox
20-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Sanches has come way down in price since the weekend. He's now down past 18k. One went by with Artist on and 99 contracts so I've snapped him up and started building. Even the standard Javi Hernandez with a Hunter card looks bonkers.

Samadini
20-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Yeah pace isn't the ultimate thing that it used to be (the MLS bronze teams back in the day :drool:) which is nice.

I found it was still effective against me until I changed the custom tactic in defence to 'cover', so no longer had everyone constantly sat on the halfway line. Since then it's only really been a problem from one of my own corners.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Oh, I might do that.

I do find it pretty annoying that my defence pushes so high up and they're so narrow.

Gray Fox
20-10-2016, 07:36 PM
Also, the state of Sokratis with Shadow applied.

http://www.futhead.com/17/players/5143/sokratis/?chemType=shadow

Gray Fox
20-10-2016, 10:32 PM
Turns out I was massively kidding myself on how much the Bundesliga team would cost.

https://gyazo.com/704cac6971a8616d52aceddb6efeb22b.png

I like the look of the team, though I haven't decided which variation on 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 to play yet. That has taken me from 85k down to 27k, though I don't yet have a bench.

Room to upgrade everywhere too, so it could also be one for the long term.

Samadini
21-10-2016, 12:30 AM
Pro Clubs is so good, definitely get more fun out of it than Ultimate Team.

Still playing as a 6"5 CDM just breaking up play and filling gaps left by my rapid midget team mates. Finally went forward in the 93rd minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kehLSKgHNr4

:cool:

igor_balis
21-10-2016, 07:26 AM
Pro clubs is a laugh, but it can get frustrating how wank your greyed out players are. My favourite is co-op seasons, me and my mate were absolutely smashing it on 16 by virtue of my mate being very good at fifa and me happily being the junior partner and just doing whatever he told me to do. He's currently without XBOX and my other mate is up for it but I'm a bit worried about his tendency to make ridiculous slide tackles and constantly keeper rush.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-10-2016, 03:01 PM
We need TTH PS4 pro clubs.

Samadini
21-10-2016, 05:47 PM
I'll create it when the servers come back up.

Samadini
22-10-2016, 01:58 AM
I've cashed in on Mitrovic again :eyemouth: there's no way he stays at that price, so sold him for 43k.

Have bought in a hunter chem style IF Modeste into the club for 22k, which seems a bit of a bargain. His Speed, Finishing, Heading/Jumping and Strength are all I need. Will build a cheap France squad around him. Going to try a Shadow Sissoko at right back too.

https://s21.postimg.org/h6gjze3ev/tony.png

Gray Fox
22-10-2016, 10:05 AM
Apparently Ben Arfa is the bomb this year too. Plus with playing at PSG he's almost guaranteed at least 1 in form, so he's something to work towards.

Samadini
22-10-2016, 11:40 AM
He already fell out with Emery. He's at least made it back to the bench, but his chances are going to be limited now. Will definitely aim for him though, as the next best CAM is Cabella.

Gray Fox
22-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Filling out the rest of my bench leaves me needing another striker from the Bundesliga, but there only seems to be Hahn. This made me look at what silvers are available.

Has anyone used either Victor Obinna (http://www.futhead.com/17/players/13893/victor-obinna/) or Yussef Poulsen (http://www.futhead.com/17/players/28992/yussuf-poulsen/)?

The latter of those looks more appealing, due to 4* skills and being 6"3. But both, especially with the right chem card look more than useful.

Gray Fox
22-10-2016, 11:48 AM
He already fell out with Emery. He's at least made it back to the bench, but his chances are going to be limited now. Will definitely aim for him though, as the next best CAM is Cabella.

I feel bad for anyone who bought his OTW card.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-10-2016, 02:56 PM
They seem to have sorted it a little, but there are still a few too many injuries. I've hoarded enough Serie A players at this point that it isn't a huge issue, but it's still a pain in the balls when Ever Banega goes down for four games to an upper body injury having been kicked in the ankle, and it's fucking always an upper body injury. The cards for that injury were about three grand each the last time I looked because it's the only injury anyone ever gets.

Funnily enough despite only playing a handful of games thus far I've had two injuries. Both were upper body.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-10-2016, 06:37 PM
Had a bronze/silver J league team of pace merchants but I didn't like them so sold them off and made this:

http://i.imgur.com/U7RqEOf.jpg

http://www.futhead.com/17/players/50391/andre-silva/?chemType=hawk

Look at him with Hawk as a silver, it's obscene.

Gray Fox
22-10-2016, 07:41 PM
How much did the silver team cost you?

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-10-2016, 07:52 PM
55k or so including the chemistry styles et al.

Played one game with them earlier and they're so much better than my Japanese lads. Silva scored a header from a corner as well by leaping like a man possessed.

Samadini
23-10-2016, 01:26 PM
Modeste is absolutely shit. Don't think he's tall enough to make the most of his heading.

Samadini
23-10-2016, 02:44 PM
'The Third Half' pro club is now live. Join.

PS4

Raoul Duke
23-10-2016, 03:56 PM
I'll have a go, but my internet is shite, so I might not be able to play

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-10-2016, 04:08 PM
I'll join later tonight/tomorrow.

Probably wont be able to play much this week but I'll be able to score goals the week after.

Samadini
23-10-2016, 04:50 PM
I deleted the club so I could join another one just for today. Will create it again in a bit. Not playing atm.

I play CDM btw.

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-10-2016, 05:09 PM
Traitor.

Gray Fox
24-10-2016, 05:47 PM
I've just played in an online draft and got into the 3rd round. Came up against a 4-3-2-1 with 3 legends up top(Giggs, Best and 3rd I can't remember). They weren't even the problem, he had Sanches bang in the middle of the team and he ran the show. I couldn't get the ball off him in defence and when attacking my only chance was to go around him. Probably the lowest rated guy in his team too.

If he gets an inform, that card will cost a crapload.

Samadini
24-10-2016, 06:28 PM
I'm trying to do the MLS Sbc. Probably take me all year because I'm so tight I refuse to pay a fortune for the crap players.

John
24-10-2016, 08:51 PM
I'm trying to do the MLS Sbc. Probably take me all year because I'm so tight I refuse to pay a fortune for the crap players.

The one with Giovinco as a prize? That card looks obscene.

Having bought and been unimpressed by Higuain and with no interest in Dybala, I decided to bin the Serie A team off and jaunt off to La Liga. I've gone with this nutter (http://www.futhead.com/17/players/50415/kevin-gameiro/?chemType=hawk) up front, with the rest of the side to be decided. I'll probably go with James and Rakitic in midfield and cobble the rest together as I go.

Gray Fox
24-10-2016, 08:55 PM
If Sevilla could ever hold onto their players, they'd have a great team.

He destroyed us in the Europa League final.

John
24-10-2016, 09:03 PM
Banega, another one who's fucked off, did far more to batter you than Gameiro.

They do lose loads of players though. Off the top of my head they lost Gameiro, Banega, Coke, Llorente, Konoplyanka, and Krychowiak in the Summer, and there are no doubt about ten others.

John
24-10-2016, 10:21 PM
GK - Diego Alves
DR - Carvajal
DL - Gaya
DC - Godin
DC - Varane
DMC - Andre Gomes
MC - Kovacic
MC - James Rodriguez
RW - IF Rafinha
LW - Carrasco
ST - IF Gameiro

That'll do.

Samadini
24-10-2016, 11:53 PM
The one with Giovinco as a prize? That card looks obscene.

Yeah, looks absolutely ridiculous, like him in real life too, which is always a bonus. The SBC is an absolute nightmare though, as I'm poor.

Gray Fox
25-10-2016, 12:06 AM
The one for Payet you needed about 400k coins going spare to do that when those scare cards first dropped. It looks a great card, but being untradeable means you have to be rich to get it.

John
25-10-2016, 12:13 AM
IF Rafinha with a Catalyst card on him is ridiculous. 99 vision and short passing. :drool:

http://www.futhead.com/17/players/50490/rafinha/?chemType=catalyst

Gray Fox
27-10-2016, 12:04 AM
If anyone needs a solid fitness team, use a Portuguese one. You can get some pretty high rated players for cheap, due to them being in unfashionable leagues. Then when you start getting the coins you can add players like Sanches, Bernado Silva IF etc. The only thing you'll really be lacking is a striker of any top quality. But you can try to link someone in that isn't Portuguese if you can't deal with the options there.

John
27-10-2016, 01:08 AM
If anyone needs a solid fitness team, use a Portuguese one. You can get some pretty high rated players for cheap, due to them being in unfashionable leagues. Then when you start getting the coins you can add players like Sanches, Bernado Silva IF etc. The only thing you'll really be lacking is a striker of any top quality. But you can try to link someone in that isn't Portuguese if you can't deal with the options there.

Whack a Hunter card on Eder and he looks like a monster.

Is the standard Bernardo Silva still going for considerably more than he should. I got one in a pack early on and assumed he'd go for buttons, being non-rare and not very good, but he went for 8k.

Samadini
27-10-2016, 07:39 AM
Eder really is bizarrely good on this.

Still working on getting that Giovinco. Every bit the pain in the arse that I expected it to be. Not sure of I'll be having him as CF in that false nine 433 with Insigne and Berradi put wide, or to have him behind someone like IF Balotelli in a 4411.

Samadini
27-10-2016, 08:08 AM
Actually think I'll go for OTW Sansone. Get the excitement of the possibility of a SIF, which should make him very good and I really rate agility as an attribute, when I'm not taking the piss crossing into tanks, so he should work well for me.

Gray Fox
27-10-2016, 10:07 AM
Whack a Hunter card on Eder and he looks like a monster.

Is the standard Bernardo Silva still going for considerably more than he should. I got one in a pack early on and assumed he'd go for buttons, being non-rare and not very good, but he went for 8k.

You can get him for less than 1k easily. It's probably due to his IF card being a massive upgrade on his normal card. In fact, looking closer, you can make a pretty monstrous looking team from the 81-84 rated IF cards from Ligue 1. You'll have to play Aurier or IF Pereira at left back but it still looks good.

John
27-10-2016, 01:25 PM
I have no intention of making a Portuguese side, I was just wondering if that Silva I sold was an aberration or if he is that stupidly overvalued as a rule.

My La Liga side is humming along nicely, with IF N'Zonzi to come in when he inevitably goes down to about 15k thanks to his abysmal pace, and IFs for Carrasco and Isco well within range. The ultimate goal is to get one of Suarez, Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, or Neymar, but there are enough brilliant players for under 100k that building towards that will be fun in itself.

IFs in La Liga seem a bit too cheap this year, actually. I got IF Rafinha for 19k, now Orellana has appeared in the same position but with considerably more pace for about the same, IF N'Zonzi was about 25k the moment he was released, and IF Gameiro, who looks like Dybala but with better jumping, is about 50k. Even IF Isco, who'd have cost you an organ on previous iterations, is going for about 70k. Very odd.

John
27-10-2016, 11:38 PM
Just played a mate online who admits to having put about four hundred quid into this. IF Alexis Sanchez with a Hawk card on him (http://www.futhead.com/17/players/50145/alexis-sanchez/?chemType=hawk) is basically unstoppable. He's everywhere, at all times, and even my newly purchased Oblak couldn't stop the little shit.

Sir Andy Mahowry
27-10-2016, 11:40 PM
Even his jumping is insane, jesus.

John
27-10-2016, 11:56 PM
Yep. He scored five goals over three games, one of which was a back post header for which he beat Godin on a standing jump. I still won two of the three games we played because IF Gameiro is also a demon and Carrasco with a Catalyst card has 99 pace, but Sanchez was giving me aneurysms all over the place.

Gray Fox
28-10-2016, 11:28 AM
Forward of defending he only has 2 stats below 80. Even then one of them doesn't matter.

I'd be trying my best to take him down by the halfway line.

Samadini
29-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Picked up OTW Sansone for 33k. Now just need him to shit on Eibar on Sunday.

John
29-10-2016, 09:35 AM
I've nabbed him to play second fiddle to IF Gameiro, along with IF N'Zonzi in for 16k. He's like a slow motion Vieira.

Samadini
29-10-2016, 09:38 AM
I noticed the previous owner scored over 100 goals with him, so I'm about to find out just how shit at this game I am.

John
29-10-2016, 09:59 AM
Or just how different your style of play is. I've had plenty of brilliant players and been unable to do anything at all with them, and while I'm not amazing at the game I'm good enough to win Div 1 now and then when I get a side right.

I tried Aduriz for a while and if Sansone doesn't work out for you he'll fit right into your 'cross to a big lump' tactic from before.

Gray Fox
29-10-2016, 11:25 AM
If any of you are waiting on those SBC players (Gaspar, Costa or Payet) then you should check the price of the Scream Cards. If you're on Xbox then there are several hovering just above 40k coins. PS4 guys are looking at about 30k for the cheaper ones.

It might be worth doing if you have a La Liga team. That Gaspar card with Anchor on is a little bit silly. (http://www.futhead.com/17/players/50568/mario-gaspar/?chemType=anchor) and you'd essentially be getting him for the cost of 1 scream card.

I'm expecting those prices will plummet after the weekend too. The temporary upgrades run out so I can imagine a lot of people trying to sell fast, after the weekend league.

John
29-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Centre backs with High/Medium work rates terrify me and he's tiny. I'm always looking out for SBC with La Liga players as prizes now but that one just doesn't appeal. Hopefully they do one of the longer term challenges with a La Liga prize, like the ones for Giovinco and Jonas. I'd be all over that.

Played two games just now, one with Sansone up front and one with Gameiro. Each got a brace, with IF Rafinha setting up three of them and N'Zonzi the other. Lovely stuff. Kovacic is probably the best budget player I've used, by the way. 900 coins with an Engine card on him and he's faintly ridiculous. (http://www.futhead.com/17/players/3538/mateo-kovacic/?chemType=engine)

Gray Fox
29-10-2016, 02:40 PM
I didn't notice his work rates. Though you could probably bring him on as a midfielder and he'd fit better.

I've got my decent Bundesliga team but now I have 55k coins to add to it. At the point now where all the upgrades start getting expensive, but I've come across this chap. Naby Keita (http://www.futhead.com/17/players/50586/naby-keita/). Don't let that position fool you. He's in no way at all a CDM, but move him forward and put the right style on him and he has nearly 80 on all his stats.

Bonus too, he costs fuck all.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-10-2016, 03:10 PM
I didn't notice his work rates. Though you could probably bring him on as a midfielder and he'd fit better.
OK
I've got my decent Bundesliga team but now I have 55k coins to add to it. At the point now where all the upgrades start getting expensive, but I've come across this chap. Naby Keita (http://www.futhead.com/17/players/50586/naby-keita/). Don't let that position fool you. He's in no way at all a CDM, but move him forward and put the right style on him and he has nearly 80 on all his stats.

Bonus too, he costs fuck all.
I might stick an engine card on him and take out Kimmich.

Gray Fox
29-10-2016, 04:19 PM
I might stick an engine card on him and take out Kimmich.

Let me know how he does.

Samadini
29-10-2016, 04:53 PM
Imbula is the best cheap player I've used, might have to use him in a 433 with IF N'Zonzi holding at some point.

John
29-10-2016, 05:36 PM
I can't recommend N'Zonzi highly enough. He just bosses the middle third of the pitch completely, and that's with a basic chemistry style. I suspect it'll be like having a goal head start when I get around to sticking a Shadow on him.

I've taken an interest in IF Abdennour with an Anchor card on him. Anyone used him? His High/High work rate is a concern, but Koulibaly was the same and he was great.

Gray Fox
29-10-2016, 06:52 PM
You can set player instructions to tell people to stay back when attacking, but I'm not sure how that would work with someone with a high attacking work rate. I'm not sure which instruction they'll listen to.

Sir Andy Mahowry
29-10-2016, 07:00 PM
http://www.futhead.com/17/players/49869/gonzalo-castro/?chemType=engine

Hmm, he looks interesting.

Gray Fox
29-10-2016, 09:06 PM
Futbin reckons he costs nearly 100k more on PS4 than he does on Xbox. Are prices really that different?

Gray Fox
30-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Went on last night to pick up Keita and play a season. One went on the market as a CM with Maestro for 15k. As I clicked buy now the servers died. I still haven't been able to get on since. No idea if I got him or not.

igor_balis
30-10-2016, 07:52 PM
Just played a mate online who admits to having put about four hundred quid into this.

Unless he's incredibly wealthy, that's fucking tragic.

Spikey M
30-10-2016, 08:49 PM
Even if he's bezzing it with Richard Branson it's sad.

It's an over priced sticker book, for fuck sake.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-10-2016, 03:15 PM
Servers down :(

I was looking forward to trying out Castro.

Gray Fox
31-10-2016, 03:57 PM
They've been down since essentially Saturday night. Still no idea if I won that Keita or not.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-10-2016, 04:36 PM
They've been down since essentially Saturday night. Still no idea if I won that Keita or not.
Speaking of him, I actually got him in my TOTW loan pack this morning.

I've been able to get on the web app today whicu was the first time in ages bar 5 minutes here and there.

Madden servers are down too and I've read that Battlefield's are as well so it must be a blanket attack on all things EA.

Sir Andy Mahowry
31-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Managed to have a game.

Castro scored a header in his debut but was largely anonymous in a 3-3 draw in which my opponent picked me apart.

I've still not done any team/player instructions (partly because I don't know how) and it shows up sometimes so much.

Gray Fox
31-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Stopping your full backs going forward seems to be a key one. With how much people are going towards the counter attack now you have to have numbers back. You can usually score with 4/5 players attacking anyway.

Servers still out for me.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-11-2016, 08:28 PM
Movember in FIFA :face:

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-11-2016, 08:30 PM
Balls.

Saw that Gustavo and Ricardo Rodriguez were getting new cards. Thought they might be worthwhile but these Movember shits only add 5 physical.

The Merse
01-11-2016, 09:41 PM
Only had Monday night to play the Weekend League, so that DDOS was rather fortuitous for me.

Racked up 16 wins, annoyingly as was leading 2-0 in both my final two consecutive games only to lose on pens to guys that went balls out all-attack in an end of weekend effort to up ranking. Still, took Silver 1 rank and will enjoy the rewards on Friday when I'm back home. :drool:

SILVER 1

14 to 17 wins out of 40 playable matches

20,000 coins
1 x Jumbo Premium Gold Players pack
1 x Mega pack

Gray Fox
01-11-2016, 09:51 PM
Do you have to re-qualify every week? Or does one participation mean you're in it for good?

Samadini
01-11-2016, 09:56 PM
Started a French side so I can use IF N'Zonzi next to Imbula. Will partner Giroud who is still one of my favourite players in FIFA with IF Gameiro when I get the funds. Laporte with Shadow looks class, full on tank who can actually pass it. Bit scared of Umtiti's workrate and being a midget.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-11-2016, 01:19 AM
Finally decided to change my team instructions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EMA7XO-iB4) and played a game offline as I was too tried and didn't feel like getting fisted by a 12 year old Chinese kid.

I think the main thing is the HUGE difference between offside trap (christ it's a fucking mess) and cover. I didn't feel like I was going to concede every fucking time I didn't have the ball which made for a much more pleasant experience.

On the attacking side of things, it actually seemed that we were doing so with a purpose now instead of just sideways passing for a bit before trying to force the ball into someone who was marked.

Hopefully this all actually works against the Chinese teens though.

Samadini
02-11-2016, 01:48 AM
Yep, switching to cover completely changed the game for me when I made the swap.

Due to France having a shambolic set of wingers to choose from (pretty much every single one of their LMs are right footed) and me going back to crossing to a lump, I've gone for 5 at the back so I can use wingbacks instead.Tremoulinas is a beast and only just realised there is an IF Corchia who can be picked up for 10k, add catalyst to him and hes got 95 crossing :drool: properly cant wait to use this team.

Midfield 3 has IF N'Zonzi and Coquelin holding with Imbula slightly ahead. Giroud and Remy at the top for now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-11-2016, 01:54 AM
Whoever decided to make offside trap the default option is a fucking mong.

John
02-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Unless he's incredibly wealthy, that's fucking tragic.

He's not wealthy but he can very easily afford to write off that sort of money on a folly, and he's the sort of person who immediately does everything to extremes. He'll probably have spaffed about a grand on it by the time the next version comes out.

I've binned off James Rodriguez and Varane and replaced them with Modric and Pepe. Modric is absolutely brilliant.

Samadini
02-11-2016, 11:10 PM
Was hoping Giroud might sneak an IF this week, but Sanchez got. It instead. Going to be an unreal card.

Sir Andy Mahowry
02-11-2016, 11:12 PM
Was hoping Giroud might sneak an IF this week, but Sanchez got. It instead. Going to be an unreal card.

John's mate is going to fist people with it.

Gray Fox
02-11-2016, 11:34 PM
I thought his first IF card was mad, that just looks obscene.

The Liverpool fan in me wants that Coutinho card, but like hell can I afford that. Fair few top quality cards across the board though.

Spikey M
03-11-2016, 03:48 PM
Finally got round to playing this. The Journey is decent but fuck me it's slow going. 20 minutes of chat before you can kick a ball. Hopefully it picks up now I'm going off on pre-season.

wullie
03-11-2016, 05:24 PM
I joined Bournemouth on loan and had Callum Wilson dick about with my airplane seat, even though I was one of the few who had faith in him when we packed him off to Tamworth a few years ago. ET TU CALLUM?

Gray Fox
03-11-2016, 06:20 PM
That IF Sule card looks interesting. Lacking a little on pace, but with a Shadow card you bump him up to 68, with mid 90's defending and physical. Another one going for almost discard value too.

The Merse
03-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Do you have to re-qualify every week? Or does one participation mean you're in it for good?

Up until now, yes.

Now if you get to Gold 3 (one level/2 wins more than I got to) you automatically re-qualify.

I'm aiming for gold 2 this weekend if I qualify in time. Working 4 days a week in London is not conducive to getting on before the weekend league starts, even more so now that they've extended the window. If I do qualify tonight though, I'll be off work tomorrow and going balls deep either side of my PT session.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-11-2016, 06:51 PM
That IF Sule card looks interesting. Lacking a little on pace, but with a Shadow card you bump him up to 68, with mid 90's defending and physical. Another one going for almost discard value too.

Is that it? Damn.

I thought the same but assumed he'd go for a bit higher.

I might dump Hummels.

Samadini
03-11-2016, 06:51 PM
Website for prices

http://www.futbin.com/

IF Corchia with Catalyst is class, playing him as a wingback with 'always overlap'. Donning it with crosses to Giroud.

http://www.futbin.com/17/player/15239/corchia

The Merse
03-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Is that it? Damn.

I might dump Hummels.

Woof. Might sit nicely with the ultra mobile Shadow Boateng in my Bundesliga XI. Need to pick up OTW Sanches at some point too.

Might swap Aguero for IF Sanchez in my BPL team. Also looking for Kante to replace Ramsay in midfield.

The Merse
03-11-2016, 06:56 PM
Is that it? Damn.

I might dump Hummels.

Woof. Might sit nicely with the ultra mobile Shadow Boateng in my Bundesliga XI. Need to pick up OTW Sanches at some point too.

Might swap Aguero for IF Sanchez in my BPL team. Also looking for Kante to replace Ramsay in midfield.

Sir Andy Mahowry
03-11-2016, 06:57 PM
I'm also going to sell my IF Castro to get Vidal.

I like Castro a lot and he's chipped in with some headed goals but I need someone more defensive in there.

Gray Fox
03-11-2016, 07:23 PM
Is that it? Damn.

I might dump Hummels.

Funnily enough I was thinking he looked like a discount Hummels.

He's 6 foot 4 too, so it's not like there's much of a compromise.

http://www.futbin.com/17/player/15286/Niklas%20S%C3%BCle

Goes up to 73 pace if you put Shadow actually. It's Anchor that gets him to 68, but you get the added physical boost. 14k coins on both consoles.

Samadini
04-11-2016, 06:00 PM
I normally go with Hawk or Hunter, but Gignac with a Finisher chemistry style is the best striker I've used by a fucking mile, weirdly.

First time for about two weeks I'm able to put more than about an hour into the game and 'Entering a match has been temporarily disabled'. Fuck sake EA.

I'm going to go and look at some explosions in the sky instead.

Spikey M
04-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Scored 2 hatricks in my half hour chances on the pitch and got sent on loan. It must be impossible to avoid.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Scored 2 hatricks in my half hour chances on the pitch and got sent on loan. It must be impossible to avoid.

It is which is a bit shit.

Spikey M
04-11-2016, 07:23 PM
Does every story follow the same route? Pick a team. Don it for a bit. Out on loan. Mates a cunt. You become the don again?

If so, what's the fucking point? I might just coat this off and do Career mode.