PDA

View Full Version : There's a conspiracy against Liverpool

Benny
22-09-2015, 08:58 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0333vrj?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_5_live_sports_extra&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=radio_and_music

There's a conspiracy against Brendan Rodgers'

John Motson believes there is a media conspiracy against Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers.

Speaking on the Monday Night Club, the commentator said: "Every time I read an article about Liverpool, there's somebody digging away at him".

"If we can put things in perspective, two years ago he nearly won the league."

"What do Liverpool seriously expect? They haven't won the league for over 20 years. I think there's an agenda there, and I think there's certain people driving it".

Liverpool have started the Premier League season with just two wins in their first six games.

What we reckon fellas?

Magic
22-09-2015, 08:59 AM
There's a conspiracy about everyone, everything is negative. Rodgers is a clown and an easy target. Praise is boring, we aren't interested in that, we only want filth and shame and dirt and exposure.

Disco
22-09-2015, 09:23 AM
See what you're missing Taz? Think how many nonsensical asterisks you could be posting.

Giggles
22-09-2015, 09:25 AM
He put a saddle on Luis Suarez and rode him to as close as he's ever going to get. He's not good enough.

He's also slowly going insane. Though that is ingrained in the club, so there could be hope for him yet.

CJay
22-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Is John Motson a Liverpool supporter?

He's 70 years old now so this is probably his first foray into dementia.

His first foray? Sometimes his commentary on MOTD sounds like bits of his brain are falling away.

I wouldn't say there's a conspiracy. Everyone loved Rodgers the season before last, but he's been a bit rubbish since then and rightly been criticised for it.

Magic
22-09-2015, 09:27 AM
Does Rodgers pick the players they buy? Their recent transfer policies have been appalling and it's all self inflicted so if he doesn't I feel sorry for the laaaaaa.

CJay
22-09-2015, 09:30 AM
Considering Rodgers made Joe Allen his first signing, it just shows that it's not any worse if he isn't in control. I don't know how it works, but I imagine he wanted Benteke this season, for example.

Toby
22-09-2015, 09:31 AM
It will get increasingly difficult for him or his supporters to argue against 2013/14 having been a Suarez-fuelled outlier if they don't improve again soon.

Given the strength of the teams they're competing with and the money that has been spent, fifth place isn't an unreasonable expectation, and he's failed at that twice in three efforts.

Max Power
22-09-2015, 09:34 AM
Does Rodgers pick the players they buy? Their recent transfer policies have been appalling and it's all self inflicted so if he doesn't I feel sorry for the laaaaaa.

He picked the successful buys and the mystical TRANSFER COMMITTEE picked all the Iago Aspases

Magic
22-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Who were the successful ones then?

Max Power
22-09-2015, 10:37 AM
Coutinho and Sturridge

Andy
22-09-2015, 11:02 AM
He doesn't seem to know how he wants the side to play and really struggles to get the best out of his players. If that squad was properly motivated and on form they'd be challenging for the top four. As it is he changes things far too often with square pegs in round holes.

Lallana has 18 month with us where he was brilliant, under Rodgers he's been appalling. Same with so many of the players in that squad.

Shindig
22-09-2015, 11:14 AM
He doesn't really seem to bring in any sparks. Coutinho's good but he's not really the experienced livewire the squad needs. He can't be expected to carry a squad of workhorses. There's no doubt the club can attract big players but I just wonder if Brendan honestly likes managing them. He made his name with Swansea, after all.

Magic
22-09-2015, 11:15 AM
Coutinho and Sturridge

Hot/cold and always injured.

Rodgers out.

Jimmy Floyd
22-09-2015, 12:03 PM
Motson has seen more football than all of us combined, he knows. As if sacking Brendan and bringing in some foreign flavour of the month will achieve anything.

They currently aren't set up to be a Champions League club. Until they get another Suarez they won't challenge again.

Giggles
22-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Motson has been senile for 20 years.

Josh
22-09-2015, 12:21 PM
'Oh I think that might have struck the post' he says after the third replay when everyone else that isn't senile saw it hit the post without a replay.

Motson may be nostalgic but he was beyond useless long ago.

Giggles
22-09-2015, 12:23 PM
It's when he gets really over excited and up on his high horse about something hugely irrelevant is when he's at his shittest. And that's pretty shit.

Spammer
22-09-2015, 12:25 PM
Lawrenson is without doubt the worst of the lot. The bloke clearly has clinical depression ffs and needs help.

Jimmy Floyd
22-09-2015, 12:25 PM
He's still the best commentator around. Calls it as he sees it. No bollocks.

Peter Drury, for example, should die. I'm not even exaggerating.

7om
22-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Mark Lawrenson is a wonderful commentator. None of the hyperbole that is riddled in today's commentary and he doesn't mind being snidey either. What a man.

Giggles
22-09-2015, 12:30 PM
He calls it as he sees it, but usually he hasn't seen it or has seen something completely different to what happened. A relic from a long forgotten era.

Josh
22-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Lawro is great. His misery makes me feel like a positive person.

Giggles
22-09-2015, 12:31 PM
And yes Hammer, Lawrenson has to be the most detestable cunt imaginable. Never adds a thibg and instead just drapes himself there like he's sitting in a sauna while making smart remarks at what everyone else has to say.

Josh
22-09-2015, 12:32 PM
His tuts and sighs during commentary are great though. Outside of being a co-commentator he is shit, I agree.

Elbastido
22-09-2015, 12:44 PM
Motson lost it ages ago, but back in the 80's early 90's he was great.

Despite his manic depressive style, Lawrenson is great but I can understand why he isn't everyone's cup of tea.

As Jimmy says, Drury is terrible. I just can't stand Robbie Savage though, he's awful. As is Claridge. They should both be shot on sight.

Boydy
22-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Great, another name change. Dickhead.

Elbastido
22-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Great, another name change. Dickhead.

Huh? Same username as the other forum. Chin up. ;)

Spammer
22-09-2015, 01:29 PM
We don't need newbies when lurkers from the old forum start posting :cool:

Magic
22-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Michael Owen is thee worst.

Elbastido
22-09-2015, 01:32 PM
We don't need newbies when lurkers from the old forum start posting :cool:

I think I managed a quite respectable 8.5 posts a year. :groove:

Reg
22-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Motson has seen more football than all of us combined, he knows. As if sacking Brendan and bringing in some foreign flavour of the month will achieve anything.

They currently aren't set up to be a Champions League club. Until they get another Suarez they won't challenge again.
Why do you assume it'd be a 'flavour of the month'? Maybe it'd be a good appointment.

Spoonsky
23-09-2015, 02:11 AM
There's this one Scottish co-commentator that I love in the Premier League, no clue what his name is though. Always makes the games sound so intense and involving.

Luke Emia
23-09-2015, 06:05 AM
Brent is done. Jacky posted in the Liverpool threads that he has lost the sensible fans as the last 20-30 games have been pretty woeful. The mentalists who wanted Rafa back were never going to be turned but once you lose the everyday fan that's it.

Boydy
23-09-2015, 02:43 PM
I just watched the highlights of Sunday's game there and I actually thought they looked alright. They created quite a few good chances, there's more movement about up front and they look a danger on the break again.

Giggles
23-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Has Brent watch ramped back up to 10 yet?

Yevrah
23-09-2015, 09:00 PM
He doesn't seem to know how he wants the side to play and really struggles to get the best out of his players. If that squad was properly motivated and on form they'd be challenging for the top four. As it is he changes things far too often with square pegs in round holes.

Lallana has 18 month with us where he was brilliant, under Rodgers he's been appalling. Same with so many of the players in that squad.

We've discussed this before, but Lallana's level was Southampton, where he probably was brilliant for you, but that's really no gauge on how he'd do at a much bigger club.

Giggles
23-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Ah cock there's extra time so they'll scrape through.

Yevrah
23-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Oh and does John Motson know what a conspiracy is?

Giggles
23-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Oh and does John Motson know what a conspiracy is?

He doesn't even know what a foul is these days.

Andy
24-09-2015, 09:51 AM
We've discussed this before, but Lallana's level was Southampton, where he probably was brilliant for you, but that's really no gauge on how he'd do at a much bigger club.

I'm in a far better position to judge, he is playing a level massively below the level he was at with us.

There's no probably about how good he was for us. Hence the England call up and being on the shortlist for player of the year. He has dropped off massively.

My comment about him being as good as anyone in the league on his day that season was probably over doing it but you are taking it too far the over way.