PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Maker

Yevrah
21-09-2015, 09:29 PM
If only to post this somewhere, which I haven't yet watched, but assume will be good.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a669698/a-super-hard-super-mario-maker-level-is-finally-completed-after-11000-attempts.html#~poXp59vrqpAAV9

Any of you peeps have it?

I was disappointed to hear that you couldn't string levels together into worlds and the like.

Browning
21-09-2015, 09:39 PM
My brother has it, so I've played it a little. It's kind of cool. It takes quite a while to build levels, but it's totally worth it when you get a good one.

The only problem with it are pricks that make levels that are all but impossible. Not like the one above which is cool, but my brother has a mate who made one where the only way to clear it is to hit a hidden block that no one knows where it is. Also way too many people make levels where you pass it if you don't click anything. The first time you see it, it's kind of cool, but after that it's annoying.

Yevrah
23-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Don't click anything?

Browning
23-09-2015, 06:11 PM
Yea, it's really strange. They'll normally have it set up so that the moment you enter the level you'll hit a spring or you'll be on a moving platform or whatever, and after that you get sent onto a series of springs/platforms/other things that move so that if you don't press a single button you'll clear the level despite numerous places where it looks like you'll die. If, however, you move at all, you likely won't pass it as it'll be difficult. They'll always mark it as a "Don't press anything" so you know what you're doing. The first time you see one it's pretty cool, but after that the novelty wears off and you just wonder why someone wasted so much time doing that.

Yevrah
23-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Ah, I see.

Makes sense and I get why it's only worth seeing once.

Can you definitely not string levels together to make an actual game then?

ItalAussie
02-10-2015, 01:57 AM
I can see why a "don't press anything" level would be tremendous fun to make though. A clever challenge.

Mike
02-10-2015, 05:52 AM
The more I see and hear about this the more I wish I still had a WiiU

Yevrah
10-10-2015, 03:57 PM
F541-0000-0030-4510

Yevrah
11-10-2015, 05:48 PM
So spent some time on this with my brother yesterday (that's one of his levels above, it's really good you should try it) and I have to say I was impressed.

Far too many of the levels made seem to be in the style of the latest 2D Mario that's included, which can fuck off, and it does suffer from not being able to string levels together with world maps, but it's really good nonetheless.

If they address the above in future versions then Nintendo could have a genuine classic on their hands.