User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Festive 2017 WDYTOE

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonsky View Post
    Cord - I miss his dog more than his posting these days.
    I'm not sure what it means that the dog popped his clogs and Cord started posting less at what must have been roughly the same time.

I'd love to think there was some tragic sitcom / comic strip scenario where Cord was pretending to being doing something important as an excuse to neglect the dog but was actually just browsing this.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. Are people still posting on here enough to warrant a WDYTOE?

Unsure when the last time I checked in was, but I'm in my last-year of law-school and working part-time (well in theory, partners at the firm don't seem to really understand that concept) at a "Big Law" big law firm in DC which will now likely be my full-time job and future home. In many respects I "made it" (almost) professionally. And by that I mean I have absolutely no free-time and my life is pretty much as intense (okay I'll say it, absolutely miserable) as it could possibly be (at least I'm making good money, right guys?). Care-free youth has given way abruptly and irrevocably to adulthood.

In an unexpected development, I could also give two shits about politics / current events these days, just trying to get to the next day keeping it all together (although I don't hate that it seems like I'm getting a nice tax-cut). Regularly cuck at work by making liberal statements so that nobody bothers me, just not worth making waves (unsure if new found maturity and self-restraint or psychological defeat and inherent weakness).

Girlfriend is in medical school in New York and I'm lucky to see her once every three-weeks, with minimal contact in between because we both have horrible schedules (how often are you supposed to communicate with your significant other throughout the day anyways?). Unclear if that will turn out to be in any way sustainable, but I don't think it's getting any better marriage-material wise and she's too non-confrontational / busy to do anything about it, and so it will continue (we've also been 'roughly' together for around 5.5 years, so inertia as well). Still have to navigate through graduating and the bar, but afterwards I'm sure I'll have the time to care about my health / mental well-being / interpersonal relationships...

Maybe I'll post a bit more in the coming few weeks for nostalgia sake as I get some time off from work and school in the coming few weeks. Hope everyone is doing well.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    inb4 "dat narcissism in thinking anybody cares about what you're up to"

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post

Unsure when the last time I checked in was, but I'm in my last-year of law-school and working part-time (well in theory, partners at the firm don't seem to really understand that concept) at a "Big Law" big law firm in DC which will now likely be my full-time job and future home. In many respects I "made it" (almost) professionally. And by that I mean I have absolutely no free-time and my life is pretty much as intense (okay I'll say it, absolutely miserable) as it could possibly be (at least I'm making good money, right guys?). Care-free youth has given way abruptly and irrevocably to adulthood.

In an unexpected development, I could also give two shits about politics / current events these days, just trying to get to the next day keeping it all together (although I don't hate that it seems like I'm getting a nice tax-cut). Regularly cuck at work by making liberal statements so that nobody bothers me, just not worth making waves (unsure if new found maturity and self-restraint or psychological defeat and inherent weakness).

Girlfriend is in medical school in New York and I'm lucky to see her once every three-weeks, with minimal contact in between because we both have horrible schedules (how often are you supposed to communicate with your significant other throughout the day anyways?). Unclear if that will turn out to be in any way sustainable, but I don't think it's getting any better marriage-material wise and she's too non-confrontational / busy to do anything about it, and so it will continue (we've also been 'roughly' together for around 5.5 years, so inertia as well). Still have to navigate through graduating and the bar, but afterwards I'm sure I'll have the time to care about my health / mental well-being / interpersonal relationships...

Maybe I'll post a bit more in the coming few weeks for nostalgia sake as I get some time off from work and school in the coming few weeks. Hope everyone is doing well.
    Stop seething and write a list.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're off my Christmas card list, Spoon.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah for fuck sake, I thought this can of piss had finally fucked off for good.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love posts where people who have been away for some time fills us up on their lives. The power of wdytoe.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "lol, i'm in a long distance relationship and work is hard. Mert, aged 22."

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a Sue Townsend book in it.

Well done mert you big twat. Sounds like you're doing dece.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vim’s sister looks too much like him, and is on the obese end of the scales. It would be the greatest achievement in TTH, though.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After scanning through the names, I can only comment on a handful of you. A lot of the guys , I just cant say anything about you at all. A lot of the names, are just a complete confusion. Someone sent me some stickers for World Cup 2014 but I cant remember who it was. Pardon me. I have not forgotten. I really dont get into discussions about anything other than sport, music and gaming.

AE - Hopefully, he is still playing football at a high level, instead of trying to link up man on here, fresh off a plane trying to party with London babes and he has a game the next day
    Alan Shearer The 2nd - You still drive the BMW?
    Alex - Hip-Hop head
    Sir Andy Mahowry - Currently hiding in eastern europe somewhere after he was part of a team who scammed me for 200k FIFA coins
    Baz - Cool guy. Reached out to me a few times when we have figured out we were been in the same area, but we have yet to cross paths
    CJay - Where you the one who lived in a medieval fortress?
    Danny - Plays FIFA
    Dark Soldier - Represents coventry and an active member on FIFA. Also likes drum and bass
    Gray Fox - Does he still as a MGS fan
    Henry, ItalAussie, Jimmy Floyd, John, Kikó, Lewis- Still after all this time on here. These guys come across as one of the same. All seem much older and wiser than the rest of you on here. I think ItalAussie was some high ranking docter but he is younger than me. Salute to that man.
    Jeet - Aresenal fanatic. I dont remember reading any of his posts for a long time.
    John Arne - Lives in saigon?
    Luca - The Canadian Chef?
    Magic - Had some issues with his wife and child which I do not wish upon any male but I also appreciate what he went through so I dont have too.
    Mert - Hopefully, he is no longer dressing like Earl Sinclair from the Dinosaurs
    Mike - The sidekick of Baz?
    Offshore Toon - A Newcastle supporter who lives in Gibraltar
    Pepe - Still racing on his mini-moto?
    Smiffy - Should replace Christain Bale in the American Psycho 2 movie
    Spoonsky - Young American
    SvN - In the trivia thread heavy
    Vim - He lives in denmark, but is no longer there?
    Waffdon - Supports the orange version of Dundee
    Yevrah - Another Fifa man

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Harvey isn't in the group of 6.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeet gets a mention and I don't. Disgusting.

I like how he's mixed up DS and Wullie though.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of them are more of a What Do You Know About Everyone.

Still a list is a list so respect.
    I'm a twit

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Vim’s sister looks too much like him, and is on the obese end of the scales. It would be the greatest achievement in TTH, though.

Oh my word.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also used to mix up Floyd and Lewis back in the day for some reason. I think they had similar avatars at one point, and both seemed eloquent compared to the rest of you lot.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Aye its sweet

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post

You've had a girlfriend for 5.5 years?

I seem to remember half of your posts being about various women you met.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure he posted that they broke up.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are actually reading that shit?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post

Oh my word.
    Get your rebound off her, Sir.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Mert - Hopefully, he is no longer dressing like Earl Sinclair from the Dinosaurs
    Amazing

As Arsenal’s draw for the European league came out I wondered whatever happened to Mantralux. Probably crying herself to sleep that Theo Walcott never became the next Messi.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's probably fully immersed in that bonkers database she made like Mahow in the fantasy world he builds whenever a 'female' acknowledges him.

As I remember she had Nico Yennaris on par with Dani Alves in that edit, the mad bastard.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did consider transferring to Gibraltar when I was at RBS. Everybody over there was so shit at their jobs that it must have a high quality of life.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been. It doesn't.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Large parts of it are covered in monkey shit and predatory Spaniards.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    The tone of all those articles confirms my hypothesis.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Jeet gets a mention and I don't. Disgusting.

Not unique enough you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    A lot of them are more of a What Do You Know About Everyone.

Still a list is a list so respect.
    I havent got much to say in relation to peoples persona's

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Aye its sweet
    Pardon me.

[QUOTE=Lofty;239482]Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    I did consider transferring to Gibraltar when I was at RBS. Everybody over there was so shit at their jobs that it must have a high quality of life.
    Looking at the map now. I didnt at the time as I was sure it was Gibraltar at the times, its Jersey or Guernsey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    that one I pretended to be on the later board when I messaged Elth on MSN Messenger and got Kiko to allow $teve after I was permabanned (they know, god bless 'em).
    I always thought you were more daft than obnoxious tbf.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    For reasons unknown to me people used to call WWW Ian and he used to lose his shit.
    Because he was the most boring man in the world and it was the most boring name we could think of. I don't think he ever knew that was the reason though.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colin is more boring than Ian.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    She's probably fully immersed in that bonkers database she made like Mahow in the fantasy world he builds whenever a 'female' acknowledges him.

As I remember she had Nico Yennaris on par with Dani Alves in that edit, the mad bastard.
    She also continously argued that Walcott was just about as good or talented as Messi.

Anyway this bothers me so much; what was her name on here again? And how do you know that's her? Just the style of the writing?

Ix Techau doesn't ring a bell with me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    elth - Back about 7 years ago me and Elth met up in Munich. He was quieter than the brash, very smart and always right aussie on the forum. Shame he doesn't really post anymore but his life seems to be going well.
    10 years ago this year I think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Colin is more boring than Ian.
    Tbh I don't recall if there were any alternatives considered, Ian just seemed appropriate to whoever brought it up. Probably LDNT.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    She also continously argued that Walcott was just about as good or talented as Messi.

Anyway this bothers me so much; what was her name on here again? And how do you know that's her? Just the style of the writing?

Ix Techau doesn't ring a bell with me.
    Her name is in the post previous to the SvN one you've quoted. It's Mantralux. Ix Techau was the uploader name on all her tactics and databases.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still lol.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Followed by seven years of self flagellation.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not as great as Henry going to the pub on Halloween 'with high hopes of expressing himself sexually', but that is still pretty great.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalAussie View Post
    Is Panda still here, or has he shuffled off?

EDIT: And corduroy, Pen, and Niko*?

EDIT II: And Toby?

EDIT: For the reference, these people could all easily still be posting regularly, and I just haven't been paying attention for a couple of months. If that's the case, I apologise. In that case, take it as an "I'd miss you if you were gone".

Had Boydy there originally, but he posted yesterday. I should just check the others.

Cord's still here too. Good to see. Toby's been gone for a while though, and I don't think Niko signed up for this board, unless I've missed him?
    I came by every three months now, read a bunch of stuff, and wind up not posting unless my name is mentioned. I've never actually been "good" at message boards in that I always feel like my posts are almost entirely disconnected from how I would actually talk in a conversation, so yeah.

Toby's living in Edinburgh and enjoying the single life. Here is a transcription from our most recent conversation:
    Toby: i feel like you might enjoy the story of how my brother jonny's friends used to call me "winter jonny" because i mostly only appeared at christmas time and was fat and sad looking

Angeldust is living with his girlfriend in Amsterdam while working at a political thinktank.

ALSO BM GOT MARRIED ON JANUARY 9!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panda

You wearing shoes yet?

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg grammar in a PB post.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell Toby to come back.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angeldust was awesome. Let's send an envoy to get him back.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'd love to see some posts from dust and Toby.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Do you still have the picture you posted on the old board of a room where all of your furniture appeared to be cardboard boxes?
    Got my phone back from repair this evening and tried to find what photos I haven't lost forever. The boxes survived. I remember I genuinely got the fancy snacks in specially for the board awards night

On my phone so these are potentially massive photos.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how come Toby fathead has time to regale his Facebook bezzies with stories about 'Winter Jonny' but not us?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should market that on Etsy, Sama. You'd make a killing.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For fuck sake, Sama. The boxes were tragic but I don't remember noticing at the time that you were using the polystyrene packaging off the pizza as a plate for the rest of your dinner.