User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: [FOOTBALL] Weekend, New Year's Day & Midweek Fixtures (Fri 29 Dec - Thurs 4 Jan)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a don Lingard is.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone see that Sun story about Lionel Jesse cheating on his model girlfriend with a fat single mother? I'm now convinced that he doesn't even know what he's doing when these wonder goals go in.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is Pogba wading in for a fight and raising his hands at 2-0 up? Must be the thickest bloke going.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Did anyone see that Sun story about Lionel Jesse cheating on his model girlfriend with a fat single mother? I'm now convinced that he doesn't even know what he's doing when these wonder goals go in.
    #dontbuythesun #stopfundinghate

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lingard slowly developing into a nifty little player, just in time for a disappointing World Cup

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, when you image search 'Goodison Seethe' you get this. What a board.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Goodison Seethe (unique TTH Google result) is building nicely.
    Wow @P_3 should do more weekend football threads.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just come here after watching the United game and surprised to see us getting slated. Thought we actually played pretty well for once. Pogba was a beast (as is liable to happen when he's played in a midfield 3 as he should be).

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #ticktings

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Just come here after watching the United game and surprised to see us getting slated. Thought we actually played pretty well for once. Pogba was a beast (as is liable to happen when he's played in a midfield 3 as he should be).
    Yeah, I thought they played quite well. Pogba in that position is maybe at his best but just his presence in any formation is so important for them. I still think he could add the ability to slow the pace down and control a game, which would be a much better way of defending leads than inviting teams on (today was a bit better in that regard actually).

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That bit where he does various calculations regarding his own trophy count and then says 'But in my mind? Paul Scholes, phenomenal player' is absolutely mega.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just been told Hughes purposefully lost to Chelsea with a weak team because he knew they'd beat Newcastle at full strength.

How does he still have a job?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because Tony Pulis is no longer available?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should have been fired at half time in the Chelsea game for a basic breach of footballing logic, but to then lose the game he was resting them for and still keep a job suggests that Peter Coates is a fucking moron.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42537120

I wish this cunt and his ilk would fuck off. Football isn't designed to maximise your chances of playing pretty football, it's designed for people to have an enjoyable escape from the grind of daily life, and that means lots of games at Christmas. Fucking deal with it.

City have 7 open spots in their 25-man squad that they have chosen not to fill, as it happens, so it's his fault that he can't rotate.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42537120

I wish this cunt and his ilk would fuck off. Football isn't designed to maximise your chances of playing pretty football, it's designed for people to have an enjoyable escape from the grind of daily life, and that means lots of games at Christmas. Fucking deal with it.

City have 7 open spots in their 25-man squad that they have chosen not to fill, as it happens, so it's his fault that he can't rotate.
    Especially strange when they have invested something like $300m in their WORLD CLASS ELITE ACADEMY. U21 players, as I remember, do not have to be registered.... so just play some younger players.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From memory I think Gabriel Jesus and Sané don't count, so they could easily have another 5 squad players if they wanted to (6 considering Yaya Touré is dead wood). Chelsea are similar. It's probably FFP limitations on salary I guess.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely someone told him the was a Christmas fixture list when he was taking the job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely he's still allowed to comment when he wants to be as competitive as possible whilst looking after his players fatigue.

Now if he's complaining that their fixtures are somehow more onerous than everyone else's then I think he could do one, but he's not.

but I like Jims assertion that football is there for us to escape the grind of daily life, so we need more of it at Christmas,
    as it's such a miserable time of the year 😄

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need more of it at Christmas because that's when people have bank holidays/time off and are able to go.

Our football is exceptional compared to other countries in this respect, isn't our second tier the fifth most attended league in the world or some such? You go to Spain or Portugal and it's just a racket to ensure the big clubs win, not so here.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was at the Amex yesterday for my first taste of Premier League Football there. Thought the atmosphere was good, although I was informed it was no better, and perhaps more subdued, than much of the season (which tallies with what Reg said). Echo Jimmy's sentiments about Gross. I said as much to the Brightonite I go with but he seemed to think that, in a worst case scenario of losing him they'd shunt Propper forward (where he plays for Holland) and put Kayal into midfield, which seemed plausible. Definitely the class player on the pitch though (him and Ibe probably). Shame Izquierdo couldn't cap an otherwise excellent performance with what would have been the winning goal. You could sense the nervousness after that meffing from all quarters. Still no idea how that Wilson goal went in, it probably wasn't undeserved, although it looked a fluke, and Brighton definitely had the better of the chances, if not of the game. I've no idea how Brighton are so bad on set pieces at both ends of the pitch seeing as it has been a major strength in seasons past. Bournemouth played nice stuff but looked very beatable when Brighton put them under pressure. Unfortunately they eased off as both halves progressed, which cost them. Hughton probably takes some responsibility for that through both the approach and the failure to make any changes until very late in the game. 2 points dropped.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The second Bournemouth goal came largely from Propper's shit attempt at a clearance amidst the melee.

I think they tired a bit in both halves, to the extent I thought Bournemouth might nick it towards the end. Also would suggest they need a tougher customer than Stephens/Propper somewhere in that midfield, although my opinion on midfields might have been clouded by largely watching Kanté for the last 18 months.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looked like quite a few folk took a swing at the ball during that interminable melee. I think those two have been decent enough, if not spectacular. The most pressing concern is probably a centre-forward as although Murray is an honest trier, and he wins the header off every goal kick, he's probably not quite good enough at this level, but then who doesn't need a strong and pacey 20 goal a season forward (or a midfield engine like Kanté for that matter)?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of teams are crying out for a goalscorer this window, there just aren't many of them around these days (as evidenced by Everton's bid to get this bloke from Turkey). In the 90s or early 00s, you could just bring in Andy Johnson or Darren Huckerby.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right about the set pieces, niko. I can't believe it's become a weakness really. We aren't making the most of Gross' deliveries and neither the defensive or attacking corners look particularly practiced. Perhaps we just spend 99% of training time on defensive shape in open play. The equaliser looked terrible and is equally terrible watched on replay. Duffy isn't tight enough on the first goal and has a mare on the second (two chances to clear).

On a brighter note, I thought Knockaert looked as close to his old self as he has done anytime this season. Quality in possession practically every time and bust a gut whenever we lost it.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a hilarious video of Propper throwing someone to the ground and then doing an awful tackle from behind within about 15 seconds. I would have sent him off for two bookings.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flanaghan the Liverpool defender has admitted a cheeky bit of assault on his missus for some Xmas bantz.

Time for Judge Kenny D to fire up the t-shirt printer and sort this shit out.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he's admitted it, she must be a Hillsborough survivor or related to Bradley Lowery. Either that or Kenny's witness box skills have deteriorated along with his liver.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jon Flanagan still plays for Liverpool?

How many fullbacks do they have?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His Missus is Eni Aluko so he’s double fucked.
    Toggle Spoiler
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fairly shambolic linesmanning for that Spurs goal.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Southampton binman surely being fired as we speak, as Moyes and Hodgson soar above his side in the table. Come on, chairmen, I'm thirsty for blood.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would've liked West Ham and Palace to stay down there. Still, I can see two sides worse than us. Swansea and West Brom.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Southampton binman surely being fired as we speak, as Moyes and Hodgson soar above his side in the table. Come on, chairmen, I'm thirsty for blood.
    What's Nigel Atkins up to these days? Shit he's at Hull. Double shit, his name is Adkins. Bring him back to complete the circle.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thy saviour's name is Pardew.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Saints guy looked like a chancer from the start.

Moyes, Woy, Fat Sam and Pardiola donning things as per usual.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hodgson is absolutely donning it since he took charge.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't Southampton have about 7 candidates picked out at all times?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Southampton should get Brenda back from Jockland. He's probably holding out for the Real Madrid job though.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Southampton are built specifically so that binmen can coast them into ninth whilst shedding their best player every year, so I suppose that their model was always going to take a knock once every club had cash to burn and one duff transfer window can undo four good ones.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    This Saints guy looked like a chancer from the start.

Moyes, Woy, Fat Sam and Pardiola donning things as per usual.
    Pards is very much not donning it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to think that the mentioned quartet will at some point in the next ten years be doing a 90-date theatre tour called 'MEN FOR A CRISIS: An Evening with Four Managerial Legends' in which they regale audiences with hilarious tales of training ground derring-do and that time Pep Guardiola smirked at them. Tickets priced £75.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll wait for the book (foreword by 'Arry, ghostwritten by Henry Winter).

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never forget. Every possible detail you can find on that is somehow even more embarrassing than working for a slave state.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually saw a bit of something with them two on it one night recently and I was trying to work out whether "Keysey" has just got fat or if something peculiar has actually happened to his head.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "End your evening with a smash" is my usual general aim, so this aligns with my interests.

Can you just imagine the bants? Off the scale.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Livermore apparently smacking a West Ham fan after the fan made a joke about his dead kid.

https://twitter.com/ironswhufc66/sta...14275839467526

Vid of Livermore being led away.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I'll wait for the book (foreword by 'Arry, ghostwritten by Henry Winter).
    I was going to correct you by saying Martin Samuel but I can't remember if he's still alive. Enough reason to post this though:

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Livermore apparently smacking a West Ham fan after the fan made a joke about his dead kid.

https://twitter.com/ironswhufc66/sta...14275839467526

Vid of Livermore being led away.
    If it's true then I hope he knocked the cunt out.