69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nooooo!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Literally the only thing Dalton has done all year.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just lob it up to Quincy Adeboyejo or Chris Moore.

Only receivers I'd trust.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking Buffalo

There's no way they're going to do anything in the playoffs, at least Baltimore might be able to give someone a decent game.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please fire Marty fucking Mornhinweg and try to fuck Flacco off.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flacco has been awful every time I've seen him for at least 2 years now.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How pathetic are the AFC playoffs? Bills & Titans have been awful & yet they get in. Both of them will surely get humped in the wildcard round - they've got to be the worst teams to make the playoffs in the last decade, even including the Raiders with Connor Cook & Houston with Hoyer throwing a billion picks.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't the Ravens do exactly this last year? Lost their last game in the last 30 seconds thanks to Antonio Brown stretching an arm out.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Penultimate game, but yeah.

I'd also cut Dean Pees, he gets praise for the defence but with the talent we've got he's massively underperformed. We were weak as shit against the run and every time it actually mattered we were passed on far too easily.

A lot of fans will be calling for Harbaugh's head (and I think he might go) but I'd keep him as he has done a lot.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your defensive side of the ball is fine. It's quite similar to the Eagles D last year. When playing with a decent lead the defence makes it look easy, but the offence kept putting the pressure on the defence to do work and that fails after time. We got the QB some weapons and suddenly the defence looks great without adding anything serious to it.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saquon Barkley & Malik Jefferson have declared for the draft.

For those that don't watch college football that's the best overall player in the draft (possibly one of the best in the last decade) & one of the top 3-5 linebackers, so it'll be interesting to see where they end up going. I'd be amazed if Saquon makes it out of the top four picks (Browns at 4 seems like good call), but I think Jefferson has been touted anywhere from the first round to the third, so maybe he'll be relying more on his combine etc to keep his draft stock high. He's supposed to be one of the athletic freaks of the draft though, so I would imagine he'll be a mid-second round pick at worst.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Your defensive side of the ball is fine. It's quite similar to the Eagles D last year. When playing with a decent lead the defence makes it look easy, but the offence kept putting the pressure on the defence to do work and that fails after time. We got the QB some weapons and suddenly the defence looks great without adding anything serious to it.
    Baltimore would do well to focus on offence in this draft - there's enough WR & TE depth for them to be able to pick up both in the mid-rounds if they want, and probably a RB if they decide they need one of those as well. Not sure what they'll do about QB, but there are guys like Luke Falk, Clayton Thorson & Riley Ferguson that could all come in as developmental guys if they want to go that way, otherwise they might do well to try to bring Tyrod back or nab Alex Smith for a few years while you coach someone up.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barkley is interesting. Browns could well go back to AJ McCarron as I'm sure he's a FA this off season. The Giants and Colts could both use him. Giants really need to get a run game going and the Colts are still using a 34 year old as their primary back.

Gordon coming back helps them massively as we know he can be a stud. They chucked Britt so they should still have mass amounts of spare cap. They've clearly missed a trick on not grabbing Jimmy G and they look fucking stupid for passing on Goff and Wentz now. We know McCarron is a decent QB. Enough to pick up a win or two and much better than they have now. If I were them I'd take Barkley first and then pick up the best player available at pick 4, while signing McCarron. You cant let talent like Barkley slip(look what Zeke does for the Cowboys).

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barkley is interesting. Browns could well go back to AJ McCarron as I'm sure he's a FA this off season. The Giants and Colts could both use him. Giants really need to get a run game going and the Colts are still using a 34 year old as their primary back.

Gordon coming back helps them massively as we know he can be a stud. They chucked Britt so they should still have mass amounts of spare cap. They've clearly missed a trick on not grabbing Jimmy G and they look fucking stupid for passing on Goff and Wentz now. We know McCarron is a decent QB. Enough to pick up a win or two and much better than they have now. If I were them I'd take Barkley first and then pick up the best player available at pick 4, while signing McCarron. You cant let talent like Barkley slip(look what Zeke does for the Cowboys).
    If Darnold & Rosen both stay then I can definitely see them going after McCarron/Smith/Tyrod/Cousins/anyone & taking Saquon #1 just to make sure they get him. I'm still not entirely convinced he's quite as good as the hype, but he's got something special & he could definitely help them out. If one of the two QBs comes out they should grab one & then take Barkley or Minkah Fitzpatrick depending on who's gone at #4.

Have they re-signed Gordon yet or is he up for grabs in the summer? I can definitely see someone trying to poach him, but you'd have to imagine Cleveland will match any offer to keep him given their cap room & desperation for any talent on offence.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No actually they haven't extended him yet. He's still on that Rookie contract he signed in 2012 I believe.

Also:

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fine for the most part but it's susceptible to crumbling.

Pees is an awful co-ordinator.

The 4th and 12 to win the game for the Bengals was pretty typical fare under him.

Marty deserves to go because he keeps trying to hand everything to Joe and will call so many stupid TE screens (that fucking fourth down, expecting Ben Watson to get an extra 10 yards) and look away from the running game which is always what has helped Flacco with his strengths, the deep pass.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bills

The Ravens defense

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has mccarrons future been decided? I thought because he was inactive basically the entirety of his rookie season with a unable to participate designation he still had to see out another year before free agency? Did I miss the ruling on that?

Saquan is great, but if you're the Browns there's no way you can not take a QB at number 1, unless you do you diligence and discover that all 3 of Rosen, darnold, josh Allen + any others (baker mayfield etc) are worthy of a #1 pick and you're guaranteed one of them at 4.

If you don't have a decent OL I suspect Saquan will be a bit wasted.

The Bills

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    Has mccarrons future been decided? I thought because he was inactive basically the entirety of his rookie season with a unable to participate designation he still had to see out another year before free agency? Did I miss the ruling on that?

Saquan is great, but if you're the Browns there's no way you can not take a QB at number 1, unless you do you diligence and discover that all 3 of Rosen, darnold, josh Allen + any others (baker mayfield etc) are worthy of a #1 pick and you're guaranteed one of them at 4.

If you don't have a decent OL I suspect Saquan will be a bit wasted.

The Bills
    I don't think they've ruled on it yet. He is pursuing it, having filed a grievance about it on November 4th.

The future of Andrew Luck will also play a big role in the off season. There've been rumours about the Colts being willing to trade him. He's great but injury prone and now obviously takes a big chunk of salary cap. For a team wanting to win now, the Jags could do a lot worse, but I'm not sure on their cap space.
    If they trade him away that'll be another QB going at pick #3.

Back to the NFL and the HC casualty list grows. Jim Caldwell joins Del Rio, McAdoo and Pagano in the job centre.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty harsh on jim Caldwell that. He's definitely made the lions better in the short time I've watched. Win or bust league, though I suppose.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They didn't get play-offs after getting there last season. A tough GM would see that as regression. Even if they do play well most of the time.

Add John Fox to the list now too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking shit loads of College Football on today too.

College gameday right now (didn't realise it would be on) and then a variety of bowl games before the CFP kicking off 10pm (probably like a 10.30 or 11 kick).

Auburn vs UCF or South Carolina v Michigan at 5.30 on different BT Sport channels.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dean Pees is out, 'retiring'

Now to get rid of Mornhinweg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad the Chiefs have avoided the Ravens, would much rather match up with the the Titans

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bills reward for making the play-offs for the first time in forever? Away at the Jags. Probably without Shady McCoy too. Good luck.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    Fucking shit loads of College Football on today too.

College gameday right now (didn't realise it would be on) and then a variety of bowl games before the CFP kicking off 10pm (probably like a 10.30 or 11 kick).

Auburn vs UCF or South Carolina v Michigan at 5.30 on different BT Sport channels.
    Auburn/UCF for sure. I want to see McKenzie Milton v Jarrett Stidham

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Just a reminder that the TTH Awards are open to vote on until New Years Day. You can find part one here, and the second part, which I have just added a couple of categories I'd missed off, here.

Remember, send your votes by PM
    Barely had any entries (especially the second part) so I'll leave it a bit longer before I tally everything up. A few runaway leaders & quite a few that are very close so far, so every vote counts!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce Arians has retired. Loads of jobs opening up this year - shame all the candidates are shit. Jeff Fisher might end up getting another shot after all

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd seen reports Dom was gone before the game last night, is it official?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce Arians has retired. Loads of jobs opening up this year - shame all the candidates are shit. Jeff Fisher might end up getting another shot after all
    That's sad. Mostly because that probably means the end of Palmer but most importantly Larry Fitz. Losing one of the greatest recievers ever.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Larry Hopefully he'll hold on for another year, but it does make sense for them all to walk off into the sunset together.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I'd seen reports Dom was gone before the game last night, is it official?
    Yep, just seen that he's gone.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, just seen that he's gone.
    McCarthy is going into his least year so it means he'll probably unfortunately promote from within.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rose bowl on espn right now, channel 426.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presume that's subscription.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bt sport espn.

Baker just made that drive look really easy.

Should be able to stream it on yourube giggles I'd imagine.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the NFL offseason as filled with utter wank as the baseball one is?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I've no idea what goes on in baseball but there's very little different, Superbowl aside, in the playoffs compared to the regular season in the NFL.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep.

Draft, free agency, pre season.

All of which are talked about as if they're the next coming of the messiah. I fucking love it though.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I read that as postseason not offseason.

After realising most of the draft is luck, I ignore most of if these days and just see what the Packers rock up with in week 1. They don't really do the free agency end of things anyway so I can tune out for that too.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The baseball draft happens during the season (fuck knows why), so at least you lot have that relatively real thing to look at and not just absolute toss like 'Player X is sizing up 11 teams but favours *team he eventually goes nowhere near* every day for six months.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the idea in America is the work their way through baseball, basketball and American football seasons so they never have to actually pay that much attention to the off season of any of them, bar a passing glance.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ted Thompson out now too.

Maybe I might have to keep an eye on free agency now after all.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Once the Superbowl finishes attention goes straight on the draft and free agency. Clubs have to choose if to let "player x" go or almost force them to stay one more year by franchise tagging them(if they use this the player must get paid the average that the top 5 guys of his position do across the league). Players usually do as it's usually a good pay day but we have seen a few reject this.

You have the scouting combine where all the hopefuls turn out at the end of February and do set workout drills whilst all 32 teams watch. Free agency opens in March and also each University will host a "pro day" for teams to come and get 1 on 1 time with prospective picks.
    Then you get the draft in late April.

After that it's pretty much nothing until August.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baker

It's all falling apart.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't watch, but I always love when an anointed Messiah here falls on their face

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carson Palmer is officially done. Larry Fitz probably too.

If I was them it's Cousins or draft pick at QB. I'd take Cousins if he's cheap enough.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I didn't watch, but I always love when an anointed Messiah here falls on their face
    He played pretty well, to be fair - they scored more on their opening three drives than Georgia had been giving up all game on average.

Carson Palmer is officially done. Larry Fitz probably too.

If I was them it's Cousins or draft pick at QB. I'd take Cousins if he's cheap enough.
    If there’s anything we’ve learnt from this whole Redskins franchise tag saga it’s that Kirk Cousins doesn’t come cheap

They could be in for Mayfield if he makes it that far, actually. That or someone like Alex Smith & then Josh Allen to develop behind him for a year or two.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but Cousins options are suddenly a little limited. He doesn't have the guaranteed 49ers option he seemed to last year. Redskins are obviously iffy on him as it's been 2 years of being tagged now. Denver could do worse.

Rosen and Darnold have just declared for 2018 too. This first round is going to be interesting.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much cap room do the Cardinals have? They’re not likely to have much choice at QB by the time they pick.

Jets, Jags & Bills could be options too, but I can’t really see Buffalo paying up for Cousins when they have Nathan Peterman already in the building.

Either way, surely there’s no way the Redskins just let him walk - it’s got to be a tag & trade situation if they decide to move on. Someone would pay up for him.