User Tag List

Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,850 of 2996

Thread: The Football Manager 2017 Thread - Sponsored by Brexit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using 'existing terms' is rather pointless given when they come back with the counter offer it's astromical and any changes tend to see negotiations closed down.

For a few weeks at least.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

Panda
    I just saw this notification.

Mahow.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2032 in my FM15 save and Dirk Kuyt has just taken charge of mid-table Man City.

(Their previous manager, before I gave them a fucking, was Paul Lambert.)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently processing through a years sabatical. I was going to venture into Asia but it still feels too soon so instead I've loaded up Portugal, Russia, Holland, Greece and Belgium which are the other five countries to occupy the top ten leagues in Europe. I'm only '58' at the time of writing so plenty of time albeit I haven't decided when I'm retiring. I think league success in the above countries followed by a final LLM effort in Italy, hopefully ending with a Champions League title with an Italian side.

Stuck in which direction to take it at present.

Liverpool > USA > Napoli > PSG > Barcelona > Napoli > Bayern > ?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going back to your homeland seems like a sensible option since you're doing the realistic/sim/story thing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Going back to your homeland seems like a sensible option since you're doing the realistic/sim/story thing.
    Wales? I suppose that's one way to rob Ivor Powell's claim as the worlds oldest manager. I still reckon I have a decade plus at the top.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, yeah. Well I was thinking it was England. The first country in which you managed - I reckon that's what a real manager might do. That or cash it in with national sides / nameless new money clubs.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get back to Anfield for one last run.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anfield is merely rubble these days, Mike. The job isn't even that appealing given Zinedine Zidane just claimed his second successive league title. (34 league titles now )

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it took just over two hours reloading however I don't think I'll find a better way to end this save:

Toggle Spoiler

I've got a decade to go before retirement, I reckon. If the Wales job comes along then that'll be magical too.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Yeah I was about to bin my Southampton game but I always wanted to see could you kill a club in this (you can't btw, bottom of league one in admin and 600m in debt, you suddenly get 800m 'sponsorship' and a 300m transfer budget for the next season) so I resigned from St Mary's and holidayed the main manager and added another. The trick is that you can still offer massive deals to players in the U18 squad even if you can't for other players. 50% wage rises, long contracts for 34 year olds that you bought for 35m from Airdrie, and selling decent players for 0 with 100% selling club wage contributions also help. I pop in from time to time to sack all their new staff and make sure they keep dropping but they're on their own now as I've taken over from Jose at Man U with my main guy in 2028. I'm also interested to see how they fare out in rising again when fully simulated. Though they are down to regional rep, have sold the training ground and academy, and are getting a new loan every month so I'm not sure if big money will come now to get them back. Still pulling in around 12000 a home game though.

My Man Utd squad is full of wingers and I'm playing a 5-3-2, and the squad hate me for shipping Martial off to America and Pogba off to Turkey but CL looks handy enough.
    This tickled me. Well played.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's something I'm surprised they haven't pulled in a version yet. Miles must be desperate to put 'Phoenix clubs' as a back of the box bullet point. It's all a bit carry on regardless.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    No-one commented on my greatest success ever so y'all can get fucked.
    Bloody good feat me old mucka. Did you take England on to World Cup domination?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally read up to date with this thread. Really enjoyed reading it.

@Smiffy that is one epic career. Well played. Love the youth players brought through at Liverpool. Are you going to continue with your updates? Hope so.

@Sir Andy Mahowry @Giggles @phonics @John @Yevrah - what happened to your careers ?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any other fm forums out there that have career updates like these?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still playing it but its dick around and cheat games so no point writing 'em up.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm done for the year I think.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the only reason I still play it, one of the best FM tactics I've played since the old cheat tactics on earlier iterations:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share...emolisher.html

Use an Instant Result skin, win fucking everything regardless. Even without Instant Result its insane. Solid defensively, insane going forward.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    Finally read up to date with this thread. Really enjoyed reading it.

@Sir Andy Mahowry @Giggles @phonics @John @Yevrah - what happened to your careers ?
    I was too far into regen territory so I'm done until FM18, if not for good.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got into the Champions League, got ideas above my station, bought a bunch of players I didn't need. Had to change formation to fit them in, everything fell apart and I never wanted to play again.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried a game as Arsenal thinking it'd be a project to return them to former glories, all I needed to do was sign Lukaku and then pissed the league. Quit and started again as Cov instead as I'm struggling to pick a different team to try properly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any other fm forums out there that have career updates like these?
    https://community.sigames.com/forum/...areer-updates/

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @John - what happened to your careers ?
    I chucked it out of spite when you posted that you enjoyed reading it.

There was a strange glitch which decreased the values of my entire squad by about four fifths, and the idea of going back to losing all my players for buttons seven seasons in put me off playing for a while. I actually booted it up the other night and continued far enough to see that what I could expect to receive for the players hadn't dropped by as much as the player values had, so there might be an update coming soon if I can trudge through the fifty transfer offers a day for an entire transfer window.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you play on into the next season after that one you'd completed on my save, Smiff?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever I used to send it to you can't have needed an account, so if all else fails you could use that. Sendspace I think it might have been.

I'd rather not have to make a new manager seven seasons into the game, but it was that value balls up which killed the game for me so continuing that same save without that having happened would probably be worth it.

Apparently I remember your season of that game better than you do. You had two Belics, Slobodan and Luka. Slobodan was the youngster I'd brought through who was off if you didn't win the Champion's League and you'd given him a contract worth about fifty times what I had during the same season, and Luka was a former player, still holding the club record for youngest player, who you'd brought back from West Ham, I think.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're using it as a cloud storage deal and don't have the save on your hard drive any longer or the details to access it then yes, I'm with you.

It's fine anyway. I've gone a few weeks through the save and although the player values have plummeted, the only player I've lost is one I have ample cover for. He went for five million less than his value before the glitch fucked me over, but it was still thrice his value so obviously the player reputations aren't to blame and I still have some room for negotiation. It looks like I might have been a bit hasty in binning the save off.

I've had an offer accepted to bring Ahmed Jahic, the first good player I had through the academy, back into the fold too. He wants nigh on ten times the wages of my current top earner to sign, but I have fifty million quid in the bank and a mental amount of room in the wage budget so I'm in. My current sixty grand a week total wage expenditure is very pleasing but it'll have to balloon at some point, albeit perhaps not by fifty percent at once, and I don't get many chances in this sort of save to vastly improve a position over one summer.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds a bit complex for whoever they have in the dev team now. They can hardly get dynamic odds working properly on a combination of form and club reputation, and a player on loan from a big club will still occasionally win the Golden Boy based on performances in League Two if he returns at the right time, so I wouldn't trust them to tailor the medias reaction to your form to your club's reputation and not make a huge arse of it. It sounds like what you really want is for the game to ruin your life when you're shit, like a Gran Turismo game that gave you actual broken ribs if you crashed.

Jahic signed for Gladbach for half the money, so my wage budget remains a source of delight but my best playmaker is still someone who hasn't performed in two years. Although the season he did perform he was the league's second top goalscorer so it could be my fault.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fairness, nothing has actually improved with the game in about, what, 5 years now? In that time they could have made some headway with improving media interactions. I am currently sat in 8th with 20 games played with my newly promoted MK Dons side and the question of if we can survive relegation is still being asked. To make it worse my choice of answers range from 'nah, we're too shit mate' to the most positive of 'we're going to need a bit of luck'

I MIGHT GET EUROPA LEAGUE YOU CUNTS.

So, I go with 'no comment' and the media report I am being 'cagey' and my players take issue with it. Fuck this game.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like when you're asked about another manager. If you don't make a comment they repeat the question a million times, if you criticise them you've started a blood feud that will last until the end of days, and if you give a manager the faintest praise the response is OMG SOUNDS LIKE UR SHIT SCARED OF HIS TEAM YEAH

I'd send the assistant every time but they're too stupid to be trusted.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I turned FM on the other night for the first time in over two months, and hit continue in my OFK Beograd save for the first time in four. I'm having a go at continuing it despite the arseache of suddenly having a squad of players worth a tenth of what they were three days ago but with their reputations at a save high, so it seems like a refresher is in order for the thread.

The squad.

Toggle Spoiler

We won the league last season, but it was by no means comfortable. We went into the final phase of the league three points clear, cut from six due to league rules, and finished that phase dead even on points. The league was won on goal difference, entirely due to one bonkers spell in midseason where we scored seventeen goals in four games. Partizan conceded three goals in their last seven games to our nine, so we'll have to up our game.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To bring that right up to date, we're off to a wonderful start. Eleven games into the league campaign and we're six points clear at the top, having won every game bar one. The one blip was away to Partizan, who at the time were off to every bit as good a start as we were, but I just shut the game down and left with a draw.

Matches so far;

Toggle Spoiler

A couple of the players named in the squad list above have either been usurped or performed considerably differently to expectations.

Toggle Spoiler

I've missed this save.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eat shit, real life

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone buy the Touch version for iPad this year? Any good? Any glaring differences between it and the PC versions or is it pretty similar?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    Did anyone buy the Touch version for iPad this year? Any good? Any glaring differences between it and the PC versions or is it pretty similar?
    I had it on Android, which I believe is pretty much the same version, and it's basically like playing a full PC version from around 5 or 6 years ago.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, so it is streamlined then? What does the Touch version not contain?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of the interations with players and the media. No bad thing really, though it just slips into 'press continue' too often.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to re-install this. Good choice:

I haven't been this excited about the game in a long while. Time to build a tactic around him and hope he doesn't break in the 10 months I have him for.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The young player of the year award. Adonis Hadzic is my player too, on loan at Radnicki.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I chucked it out of spite when you posted that you enjoyed reading it.

There was a strange glitch which decreased the values of my entire squad by about four fifths, and the idea of going back to losing all my players for buttons seven seasons in put me off playing for a while. I actually booted it up the other night and continued far enough to see that what I could expect to receive for the players hadn't dropped by as much as the player values had, so there might be an update coming soon if I can trudge through the fifty transfer offers a day for an entire transfer window.
    This glitch, is it a bug or is there a genuine reason their values are dropping? Anything reported on the SI forums?

My FM11 career is still going strong. I'm PSG in the year 2049...i think. Shall upload my manager summary when back on the mainland.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there was a good reason I wouldn't have described it as a 'glitch' and dropped the game for months because of it.

We retained the league for the first time this year, along with the Serbian Cup and the Super Cup to make it our first treble in the eight seasons I've been playing. We went out in the group stages of the Champions League before being fucked to death by AC Milan in the first knockouts of the Europa and there are no other Serbian sides worth a shit in Europe, so the league dropped from twelfth to fifteenth this year. That performance was good to boost us from the eighties to the sixties in the club rankings though, so obviously the rest of the country just need to get their fucking acts together.

Going into the ninth season I'm beginning to lose hope that I'll ever get Slobodan Belic, comfortably the best player I've had through on this game and possibly the best I've ever had if he develops as the game reckons he will, to perform up to standard. He was comfortably outperformed last season by a player half as good as him. It's particularly frustrating as when he does show flashes of what he can do it's something bonkers like score four and set up three in a seven nil win, but despite my coaches marking him out as consistent he's the exact opposite.

The last youth intake had several promising looking players in it. Nobody spectacular, but five or six players who have the right base stats to be solid in their positions.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After winning the League Cup my plucky Brighton squad did the unimaginable in the league:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Benevento (a team that I developed a special bond with through FM) being one step away from being promoted to Serie A I've been thinking of picking up this game (haven't played for 3 years). I can get it for 20 euros, do you think it's worth?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've started playing FM16 again after a break and I've noticed that crosses seem to be very hard to defend on this iteration. Is it because crossing is overpowered or the defenders are particularly useless at defending them? I've tried a higher defensive line and pressing all over the pitch which was a disaster. I'm now settled on a 'slightly deeper' line with only my full backs and wingers as the ones pressing the opposition wide players and it seems to have reduced the volume of goals conceded from out wide but still more than what is reasonable.

Did anybody else notice this problem?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, its the primary flaw of 16. Crosses will fuck you regardless of what you do, FBs and CBs cannot deal with them at all. Hence why, as in all FMs, the true way to win is 7-5 rather than 1-0.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    With Benevento (a team that I developed a special bond with through FM) being one step away from being promoted to Serie A I've been thinking of picking up this game (haven't played for 3 years). I can get it for 20 euros, do you think it's worth?
    Do it!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started a game with Norwich a couple of months back when I first got the game but never really cracked on. Yesterday I was looking on Pinterest for something and stumbled across some FM tactics. I read over them a decided to implement a couple. One of them was a 4-3-1-2 which many of you will no doubt be aware of. I think it's given me the kick to get going again as our form has been excellent. We've gone from as low as 15th after about 15 games to a few points off 2nd after 30. We've scored something like 25 goals in seven games.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    I started a game with Norwich a couple of months back when I first got the game but never really cracked on. Yesterday I was looking on Pinterest for something and stumbled across some FM tactics. I read over them a decided to implement a couple. One of them was a 4-3-1-2 which many of you will no doubt be aware of. I think it's given me the kick to get going again as our form has been excellent. We've gone from as low as 15th after about 15 games to a few points off 2nd after 30. We've scored something like 25 goals in seven games.
    3-2-2-3 is the way. Strikerless, wing backs, three across the back. Fucking destroys teams like they're nothing and it currently leads the tactics league on FM Base. Insane attacking, solid defence, and if you play in quick result mode, its mental.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share...emolisher.html is the one I use.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't fucking get this piece of shit game. Up to about three quarters of the season my team (Bishop Stortford in Vanarama South) was second and playing ok. Not great because the defending was not perfect but we were winning. Then we end up losing 10 of the last 16 for absolutely no reason at all. Is 16 just completely fucked or what? Let me know now otherwise I'm not going to responsible for my actions if it carries on with this bollocks.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    3-2-2-3 is the way. Strikerless, wing backs, three across the back. Fucking destroys teams like they're nothing and it currently leads the tactics league on FM Base. Insane attacking, solid defence, and if you play in quick result mode, its mental.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share...emolisher.html is the one I use.
    Cheers DS, I've had a look. If I do use it I might put a more conventional striker in.

I've realised since Steam updated the game, the German national team and stuff are wrong again. When I try and delete those files, it says I need permission from the administrator??