User Tag List

Thread: The Hip Hop Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disapointed with this jadakiss and fab collaboration. Its got a few hits on it. The intro and Nightmares aint as bad being the standouts after one listen.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Disapointed with this jadakiss and fab collaboration. Its got a few hits on it. The intro and Nightmares aint as bad being the standouts after one listen.
    What did you expect from two washed up punchline rappers who have barely been relevant since the early 00s? Don't get me wrong, I still listen to Fab every now and then, but even in his prime he was never the kind of artist who could hold your attention throughout an entire album.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsd View Post
    What did you expect from two washed up punchline rappers who have barely been relevant since the early 00s? Don't get me wrong, I still listen to Fab every now and then, but even in his prime he was never the kind of artist who could hold your attention throughout an entire album.

This, pretty much.

Fab enjoys a status that he's never even come close to earning. He had potential in spades at one point, and the occasional genuine moment of greatness, but he's discography is crushingly disappointing. None of it has any real replay value.

Jada is quite similar in my opinion. For all the "top 5 dead or alive" nonsense, again, his body of work is poor. The first couple of albums were OK, as was the Lox stuff, but it hasn't aged well at all.

I'm just not sure why I'm suddenly meant to be excited at the prospect of them teaming up.