Thread: Stocks & Shares & that

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Have you a spreadsheet you'd care to share Foe?

And did I read that right, you're trousering £100 a day?
    All my spreadsheet does is record when I’ve “banked” profit. Intent of that was to keep track of which companies were profitable repeatedly and when I became pretty inert to downside on them and playing with profit. There’s nothing technical about it.

2024 has been pretty good to me, bar a few bad actors which are pretty significant paper losses at the moment. But other than that riding the waves and being diverse has worked well.

Anglo American, fresnillo, Ford, legal and general and palantir been particularly volatile and profitable.

Today was £35ish on Mondi, £55 on a batch of Bloomsbury publishing and £17 on a seperate batch of Bloomsbury publishing. £105. Reinvested into the above,

Lots of and lots of shares move 2-5% over the space of 2-3 days, so if you’re comfortable owning them, and buying more if it dips down, you can just shuffle around as the market does.

Yesterday I unloaded a bunch of IQE for £80, another batch for £40 and binned out of a few other ransoms.

I would’ve made absolute bank had I bought and held a load of fresnillo or Anglo American or IQE and sold in a oner, but I’m happy with lots of repeat small profits. Once I’ve build a load of “profit” buffer I can be a bit more cautious and hold for longer - and that’s what I’m going to try next. Limit myself to about ten companies and just have much bigger stakes/batches in them. Trick for me is not too much at any one share entry price.

Retired or bankrupt by 40. My job is well paying and my out goings are fuck all. So I’ve been spending the last 18 months trying to figure out how I can use it to generate wealth. I’m pretty fortunate on that front.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and what's your total amount invested, if you don't mind me asking. Just trying to work out how much you need to have spread about to be cashing out some for £100 a day profit.