User Tag List

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Years diet fred (No Tims allowed)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, true. You're on the right path and seems like you've got things under control. Everybody needs a little escape now and then.

I'm considering knocking everything on the head even though it doesn't happen often. It messes with my sleeping routine far too much and takes a week to two weeks to sort itself.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would kill me. I still have the odd blowout but nowhere near as much and I'm back to normal by the Tuesday.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is everyone former druggies on here or something?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But Mr Garrison said they are bad mmkay?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    That would kill me. I still have the odd blowout but nowhere near as much and I'm back to normal by the Tuesday.
    Yeah, I've realised recently that pills/mandy/coke are all pointless for me and they're the ones that effect my sleep the most too. Pills/mandy just don't do what they used to and the comedowns are worse, so I've avoided them for a while. Coke is expensive and rarely worth it. I'm still a fan of psychedelics and ket, though. I want to try MXE this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by summsuccess View Post
    Is everyone former druggies on here or something?
    I still dabble. Better than alcohol tbh.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have one body. Use it or abuse it.
    I prefer to use it because I dont want to lose it.
    Surprised you have weight issues taking all that though, do you binge eat Offshore?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking drugs once a month isn't going to keep you skinny.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of my shirts fit me anymore. #success

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of student (other than Asians) wears a shirt anyway?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going out tonight for a few drinks and its Eurovision so I've got to make some effort.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm at a good stage. There are clothes that I was aiming to fit in that I now fit in, as well as most of my wardrobe being too big for me now. When I weighed myself a couple of weeks ago at my mate's I was 16 stone (102kg), but also full of food and drink. I then decided I'd lose half a stone in the two weeks before I'd be going back at my mate's and able to weigh myself again, and I reckon I've achieved that, or I'm well on my way to achieving that. I've been doing around 2,000 to 2,500 calories worth of exercise for the past week, plus still dropping weight before that too. I'm going to take things easier now since my body is battered.

From here (15.5 stone/98.5kg) I reckon there's still a stone to lose. I won't be drinking much at Glastonbury, so should lose a few pounds there, and then I can hammer the exercise again until I find work. I've got a festival in Belgium mid-July too which will also aid weight loss. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but I imagine by September I'll be in a position to start a bulk.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exercise are you doing? I thought you'd packed in the running.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, when my calf was injured I got back into weightlifting. Then a couple of weeks ago I eased myself back into cardio with the cross trainer at the gym, then started walking. I haven't pushed myself with running, but I've been fine so far just running in spurts and mostly walking. Glastonbury is on Tuesday so the last thing I want is another injury, plus its probably better to practice being on my feet for 3/4 hours.

Also, I said earlier in this thread that weightlifting on keto is horrible, but since I started again a few weeks ago its been piss easy. I won't keep it up once I've dropped to a healthy body fat percentage, but I would definitely recommend keto for weight loss.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what weight I was. It was definitely over 17 stone at some stage in the past year. I reckon pushing on 18 somewhere along the line.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on track and under 15 stone. I think there's probably still a stone to go, but I seem to think that at every weight I'm at. I've never been under 14.5-15 stone (can't remember, but think it was 14.5) in adult life, so it's hard to predict. The current goal is 14.5 stone by next Wednesday, then I'll be at a festival in Belgium so should lose some more before stuffing my face around graduation.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I ended up putting on some weight since my last post (after losing a bit), but I'm back in Brighton and going to at least half a stone in two weeks.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. How much left to go?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm at 18lbs down since the start of May. Just enlisted a PT to start ramping up the training. First session was today.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread appears to have been a roaring success then. My mum commented that "this is the skinniest I've seen you" last week. I don't think she's correct on that, but its certainly the slimmest I've been since about 21.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I weighed myself this morning and I'm the heaviest I've ever been. Not surprised. I've been eating shite recently and I could feel it in my clothes.

Gonna start following the slimming world diet seriously as people in my work rave about it and it seems to work for them. Not joining it though, fuck that.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose not eating for two days a week means you eat less during the five days? I'm getting back into keto and very, very long runs/walks plus a bit of the gym when I have the energy. Ultimately I know I can drop a pound a day if I push myself. Once you accept you're going to spend 2-4 hours walking about and just let the mind wander its pretty enjoyable.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've stayed roughly the same weight recently but have lost a bit of timber, I'm at the point where I can take my jeans off easily without undoing them first (A method more scientifically accurate than BMI)

Gave up on running because I hate it and it's a load of bollocks, but now doing two boot camps a week, 90 minutes squash, one hour badminton and one hour football. If I had a job that didn't involve me sitting on my arse drinking pop I'd be a golden god right now.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    I weighed myself this morning and I'm the heaviest I've ever been. Not surprised. I've been eating shite recently and I could feel it in my clothes.

Gonna start following the slimming world diet seriously as people in my work rave about it and it seems to work for them. Not joining it though, fuck that.
    It's a piece of piss.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    It's a piece of piss.
    The SW diet? Yeah, it looks quite good and it seems to work.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a huge pile in a relatively short time before. The job has me fucked now so I can't do it any more but you get to eat shit loads on it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, and carbs.

What do you mean the job has you fucked so you can't do it any more?

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, and carbs.

What do you mean the job has you fucked so you can't do it any more?
    I'm on the road and have no will power when I see nice things in petrol stations. When I did it before we hadn't even a canteen in work so I cooked and brought it with me to reheat later.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I'm on the road and have no will power when I see nice things in petrol stations.
    How is that an issue, unless you have a Ginsters fetish?

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    How is that an issue, unless you have a Ginsters fetish?
    A what fetish? I've a fetish for nice things on hot counters when I smell it. And no will power, which I already stated.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not that you have no will power, just that you don't want it enough. You're getting married so its not surprising you gave up. I plan on doing the same.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    Its not that you have no will power, just that you don't want it enough. You're getting married so its not surprising you gave up. I plan on doing the same.
    I got married, but I gave up long before that. I just haven't the situation I can control when I'm working any more.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 on the piece of piss.

As long as you don't rip the cunt with the carbs it's easy. I put everything into my fitness pal as well as a double check, if you're smashing 10 baked potatoes a day then you're fucked.

Quite good you get syns so if you feel like a bag of crisps then you can do with no fucks given.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd initially used the syns on junk but after a while I found it better to use my allowance a day on oil so I didn't have to use that frylight shite. Made it much easier for me.

Though if I was batch cooking curries then it was even better as two tablespoons of oil was under a days allowance but it would fry enough onions and spices for 8 curries.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weighed myself this morning (same time as last week, first thing Monday morning). Scales say I'm down 6 lbs. That can't be right, can it?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could just be water weight and less food being in you. I've eaten so shit this past week and a half, though I've been doing plenty of exercise. A low calorie diet feels impossible right now for some reason.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've lost all motivation to eat well. Still exercising a lot so not packing weight on, but ultimately it's not ideal for getting rid of the last bit of fat. I've tried getting back into keto but ended up carb loading. I might go back to basics again and just cut out sugar for now.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm at 18lbs down since the start of May. Just enlisted a PT to start ramping up the training. First session was today.
    8lbs down in the 4 weeks with a PT.

0.5inch increase on arms
    1inch down chest
    2 inches down waist

Enjoying the training as well, probably going to keep using the guy till Christmas and see where I'm at.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all over the place. I'm hoping the routine that comes with working will help to stabilise my diet.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another 3lbs down takes me over the 2 stone barrier.

Half an inch off my waist as well.

Dominos last night to celebrate

Using this PT has really opened my eyes to weight loss.

I'm eating 1800 calories a day however I'm able to incorporate some treats like crisps and chocolate in to that and as long as I'm around 1800 calories the weight will still come off. Having two cheat meals a week as well.

It's quite eye opening when you learn that calories intake is the sole factor in weight loss and nothing else really matters.

You could eat 5 Krispy Kreme donuts per day and still lose weight as it's within the 1800. Obviously you'd feel like shit so moderation is the key but it's an interesting way to think about it.

This is pretty good:

http://qklnk.co/pPB4Sp

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a right state at the moment. I've basically eaten and drank the entire summer because my wife has been on school holidays. I feel like a fat mess. I'll be going at this hardcore after next weekend.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've dropped 2 inches off the waist since I did this yeast shit (well a 2" size down, as opposed to a real 2"). Never weighed myself though.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the first week's loss of 6lb, I was steadily going down a lb a week for about four weeks there. But I weighed myself yesterday and I'd stayed the same as last week. Annoying but I did eat some crap last week so not too bad.

I probably need to get some exercise but it's nearly all boring and/or the weather here is complete shit.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another 3lbs down takes me over the 2 stone barrier.

Half an inch off my waist as well.

Dominos last night to celebrate

Using this PT has really opened my eyes to weight loss.

I'm eating 1800 calories a day however I'm able to incorporate some treats like crisps and chocolate in to that and as long as I'm around 1800 calories the weight will still come off. Having two cheat meals a week as well.

It's quite eye opening when you learn that calories intake is the sole factor in weight loss and nothing else really matters.

You could eat 5 Krispy Kreme donuts per day and still lose weight as it's within the 1800. Obviously you'd feel like shit so moderation is the key but it's an interesting way to think about it.

This is pretty good:

http://qklnk.co/pPB4Sp
    Yeah. It depends a bit on how you train, mind you. A lot of heavy weightlifting etc and you'll need to get some more Protein in, which in turn will be calories, if you aim to build muscle (or at least maintain it, lest you lose muscle mass as well as fat).

But in general it's like you say.

1800 sounds little if you are also doing exercise. I try to work out about 5 times a week, maybe 6 sometimes, and I will probably average about 1800-2400 calories intake on a weekday (dispensing 400-600 on exercise), and easily 4000 on a saturday or sunday (alcohol is usually half of that).

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get some of the pictures in that link. How are the two salads the same size and ingredients so far apart?

I've averaged 1613, 1417, 1724 a day for the past few weeks.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My assumption was the dressing being different.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a book came out years ago called the Food Doctor Diet that did all those pictures like that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a lot more to it than that dude.

http://www.healthline.com/nutrition/...-myth#section1
    http://www.flnutrition.co.uk/the-cal...r-weight-loss/
    https://www.prevention.com/weight-lo...er-calorie?amp

Foods affect you in really different ways. It's better to eat healthy foods that work well for you than worry about calorie counting.

There's a good book called "The Metabolic Typing Diet" which I recommend.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I fucking hate about nutrition. So much stuff coming from all sides. Ugh.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who worked for a company that sold enzymes to farmers to inject into their chickens I can say that nutritional science is complete bollocks. The amount of money we paid to these people to sell our shit.