User Tag List

Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,800 of 2925

Thread: The ULTRAMEGA Summer 2017 Transfers and Rumours Thread [featuring THE MIGHTY BLADES]

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's almost as if they operate as an actual business.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at all the sponsors we have!

Manchester United are delighted to announce a 5 year partnership with Joe's Earwax Cleaners to become the exclusive Earwax Remover of Manchester United!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really, really want Bruh and manc_sean to meet.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    It's almost as if they operate as an actual business.
    Actual businesses don't conduct business deals by bragging to their counterparts (and entire world) they have MORE MONEY THAN EVERYBODYYYYYYYY thereby driving up the price of any such negotiation going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    I really, really want Bruh and manc_sean to meet.
    Because I guess I'm not allowed to be pissed off about the club I support or something. How dare I want them to spend all the money they constantly brag about and put out a team that plays a style of football that wasn't outdated in the 1940's.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    Actual businesses don't conduct business deals by bragging to their counterparts (and entire world) they have MORE MONEY THAN EVERYBODYYYYYYYY thereby driving up the price of any such negotiation going forward.
    Who's your President again?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Who's your President again?
    Woodward ought to read The Art of the Deal maybe he'd fucking learn something.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not as if they have paid over the odds for anyone since he said that (which I think was aimed more at potential sponsors worried about the future of the club than fans).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they brag about having more money and being able to do things only they can? I've never seen those adverts.

They have a shitload of sponsorships, but they're still a business being sponsored by other businesses. PSG can do this because they're backed by the Qatari royal family and they can bung Neymar a few hundred million quid through some trumped up ambassadorship. Real Madrid have historically been able to spend without consequence because they were supported by the King of Spain so when they were on their arse the Madrid council just bought their training ground off them for a few hundred million and leased it back rent free.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine getting all worked up about the transfer window. Who gives a shit.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Do they brag about having more money and being able to do things only they can? I've never seen those adverts.

They have a shitload of sponsorships, but they're still a business being sponsored by other businesses. PSG can do this because they're backed by the Qatari royal family and they can bung Neymar a few hundred million quid through some trumped up ambassadorship. Real Madrid have historically been able to spend without consequence because they were supported by the King of Spain so when they were on their arse the Madrid council just bought their training ground off them for a few hundred million and leased it back rent free.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    After weeks of seemingly interminable haggling over clauses and agent fees Kelechi Iheanacho has signed for Leicester City. £25m with a £50m buy back clause. Think he'll do well for us.
    Good signing, seems like a solid goalscorer and given his age, he could easily have 'stuck it out' at City for a few more years and wasted his talent, which probably speaks volumes of him as a professional.

£50m buy back is madness - you can tell City haven't used that card much before.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did sign a player for a world record fee last summer, but that second image doesn't suggest anything other than that they're loaded which everyone knows anyway.

Neither image suggests they have MORE MONEY THAN EVERYBODYYYYYYYY.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah wtf Manchester United spend astronomical sums

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen some bollocks in my life but this bruh seethe is next level. Am I on Reddit?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    They did sign a player for a world record fee last summer, but that second image doesn't suggest anything other than that they're loaded which everyone knows anyway.

Neither image suggests they have MORE MONEY THAN EVERYBODYYYYYYYY.
    "We can do things other clubs can only dream of" doesn't suggest that?

Fuck this shit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the complaint is that literally one club in the entire world has spent more on a transfer than United.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "We can do things other clubs can only dream of" doesn't suggest that?

Fuck this shit.
    It's pure 'we're still a big club' rhetoric, but even taking that into account, not really.

By the way, since he said that they've managed to keep hold of a player Real Madrid wanted and broken the world transfer record, signed the most expensive teenager ever, broken the records in two other positions, and signed fucking Zlatan. It's not like they've been doing an Arsenal and claiming to be loaded before haggling over pennies to sign some bloke from the Belgian league.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And they managed to con Arsenal out of sixteen million quid for Danny Welbeck, which makes Madrid selling their rejects for fifty million each look pathetic.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, don't bring the smiliest United player since Dwight Yorke into this.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
    Good signing, seems like a solid goalscorer and given his age, he could easily have 'stuck it out' at City for a few more years and wasted his talent, which probably speaks volumes of him as a professional.

£50m buy back is madness - you can tell City haven't used that card much before.
    Yeah he seems a good egg which is nice, much like his fellow countryman Wilfried Ndidi.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leicester back to being my second team now, a strong Super Eagles is a strong World Cup year.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's still funny how much Everton have ripped United off in recent years.

Neymar is gonna score crazy figures in France, isn't he? How many did Zlatan average? I can see Neymar getting 150% of that with great ease.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't underestimate how many stodgy as fuck West African units there are in the lower reaches of Ligue 1 who can turn any game into a 1-0 shitfest, but he should piss 30 goals without even trying.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some journeyman from Montpellier will snap him in the first month.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Some journeyman from Montpellier will snap him in the first month.
    Exactly my thoughts too. They've definitely passed the threshold where the price vs risk of injury is too much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky reckon Dembele of Dortmund, Coutinho or Griezmann as his replacement. They'll all cost at least €100m now the Neymar money is official.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Exactly my thoughts too. They've definitely passed the threshold where the price vs risk of injury is too much.
    Can he actually dislodge Pauleta or Vikesh Dhorasoo from the starting eleven though?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greizmann won't go and Coutinho's not for sale at any price, so Dembele it is.

Or Sanchez.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruh's outburst has really made my TTH day.

Is this what the world is now? Kudos, I guess.

Surely the complaint lies with the stodgy dickhead managers that have been appointed, rather than the failure to regularly spaff the gdp of a small county on transfers? [/aside]

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's because people spend so much time reading 'United Twitter' and similar outlets (adjust for whatever their club happens to be), particularly in the off season, that they lose perspective.

99% of what is churned out by the media, particularly online, is absolute tripe which is only put there for clicks and should be disregarded. But people seem to get obsessed and caught up in it now if they support one of the self-appointed 'big clubs'. My very rare visits to Chelsea Twitter are just full of nutjobs screaming about Gary Cahill being shit (he isn't).

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would definitely have Tweeted crap as '@Hasselbainkesque' if Twitter had been around in 2001.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woodward is a dickhead but to echo boydy, who gives a fuck about the transfer window?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Woodward is a dickhead but to echo boydy, who gives a fuck about the transfer window?
    It's more interesting than the actual games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely the crux of this transfer is that PSG wanted a SUPERSTAR signing and he was simply the biggest name available who was willing to come.

I think he's somewhat over-rated. It's not like they've signed Pele.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole charade is utterly tedious nowadays. Perhaps it's simply 'social media' that has made it seem ubiquitous, to the point that you simply can't escape a constant stream of HYPE. I recall a time when you only learnt that transfers were probably going to happen when they appeared in the broadsheets or, the gold standard, it was on the BBC website.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite the constant protests otherwise, we all do. This thread is 36 pages long for fuck's sake.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @GS How many times have you seen him? He's one of the best players in the world, and he is a superstar - I'd guess only Ronaldo and Messi are bigger names.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruh in being a typical American shocker.

What a mong.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Despite the constant protests otherwise, we all do. This thread is 36 pages long for fuck's sake.
    Probably as long as all the match threads totted up over the year as well. We're the cunts.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The summer of 2003 was magical. Opening the newspaper on holiday and who have we signed this time - oh, it's Geremi and Juan Verón.

I found out about Drogba days after it happened as well.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    'Yeah I'm *refreshes Facebook* getting a bit *refreshes Facebook* bored of Facebook.'

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sort of know what GS is getting at, I've also harboured similar thoughts about Neymar in the past, but you can''t argue with the fact that he is actually surprisingly good at carrying wank teams (just look at Brazil in and before 2014) so I reckon he is well suited to that messiah role he so craves and would obviously be denied at Barcelona. In short, everyone wins here.

Particularly Neymar Senior.

As to Yev's point. We used to have a whole sub forum for proper rumouring. Halcyon days. The clickbait shit Jimmy alludes to has wrecked it (and people's minds apparently) to the point where the only real thoughts that modern transfer rumour articles inspire are along the lines of "has this really been written by an actual human?".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    @GS How many times have you seen him? He's one of the best players in the world, and he is a superstar - I'd guess only Ronaldo and Messi are bigger names.
    He's clearly good, isn't he. There's a difference between saying he's probably over-rated and saying he's shit.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd expect some jobber to chop him down on day one, but then there are loads of six foot four lumberjacks in Spanish and particularly Brazilian football too and he managed to avoid getting broken in three by one of them, despite looking like he's made of candy floss. It took some Colombian footsoldier to drop a move which is genuinely banned in UFC on him to do him any real harm.

In terms of pure ability I reckon he's probably slightly underrated if anything, purely because so many people still like to say he's overrated.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found myself on some slideshow to rank the highest paid footballer and I love this:

A researcher probably decided to go on his Wiki page to find a big former club. Not satisfied with Milan they saw 'Barcelona' in his list of youth clubs and assumed it must be the Spanish one. He played a season at a small Brazilian lower league Barcelona.

Also, Axel fucking Witsel getting just over £300k a week is fucking mental.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or more likely got Nou Camp and San Siro mixed up in his head.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Telegraph galleries are the absolute rock bottom for the click generating shite I mentioned. Every picture has its own url so they're getting 20 statistical eyeballs out of you. They are made for no other reason (I mean, what is the journalistic merit of that absolute shite above?).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I were a lad we had to walk uphill both ways to get our transfer news. Forage in hedgerows for discarded copies of the super soaraway Sun. Unless you tuned in to Ceefax to get your transfer news back in the day, you don't know you're born.

I'm pretty sure PSG decided to buy Neymar just because he bummed them into next week when Barca had that bonkers turnaround against them.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the best players, play through the middle but the daily mail claim that cavani will be pushed back out wide in order to accommodate neymar in the center. Respectfully, neymar is a wide left player. Cavani can still play through the middle.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    I understand the best players, play through the middle but the daily mail claim that cavani will be pushed back out wide in order to accommodate neymar in the center. Respectfully, neymar is a wide left player. Cavani can still play through the middle.
    That's the reason he's leaving Barca so I very much doubt he'll play wide left.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)