User Tag List

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The ULTRAMEGA Summer 2017 Transfers and Rumours Thread [featuring THE MIGHTY BLADES]

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ULTRAMEGA Summer 2017 Transfers and Rumours Thread [featuring THE MIGHTY BLADES]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39844981

THE MIGHTY BLADES have signed Ched Evans.

Not sure how I feel about Ched being back. I thought our fetish with him was well over, but whatever. If he can do the business then I'm ok with it, I guess.

I couldn't find a summer transfer thread, so here's one. Bosh. Post transfer news and rumours in here. If you haven't got anything to add, why not make up a rumour or say who your lot should be going for?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon we'll sign about 6 Spaniards and only 2 will come good, but there'll be a few surprise packages from the current squad that step up (Mbemba, Hayden, Perez) so we'll be alright.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    I reckon we'll sign about 6 Spaniards and only 2 will come good, but there'll be a few surprise packages from the current squad that step up (Mbemba, Hayden, Perez) so we'll be alright.
    Pierre Aubameyang tweeted Ayoze Perez for some reason today. HE'S COMING:

I reckon we need a handful of players (two defenders, a winger, a striker and something else), and some of the players we signed for the Championship will be shipped (Murphy, Hanley). I wouldn't be surprised to see Haidara go too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post

I reckon we need a handful of players (two defenders, a winger, a striker and something else), and some of the players we signed for the Championship will be shipped (Murphy, Hanley). I wouldn't be surprised to see Haidara go too.
    I think the word you're looking for is midfielder.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have absolutely no idea where Birmingham go from here. The scariest part is that I don't think the board do either (providing they exist, as nobody seems to know who they are). Our biggest signing will be a permanent manager and Redknapp has been very enthusiastic since he came in for the final three games and there's no doubt he got a massive improvement out of the team after what can only be described as one of the most disgusting runs in managerial history finally came to an end. If he's willing, I'd take him for a year and see how we go.

Here's a nice bit of trivia to document just how fucking shit we are that I think the likes of @Jimmy Floyd will appreciate. The last time Birmingham City had a centre forward that scored 20 goals in all competitions (all fucking competitions, never mind the fucking league) was 1994/95 with Steve Claridge. Will we sign a good center forward this year? Will we fuck. We'll probably get Crouch.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like Auba is replying to an initial tweet. Weird interaction, but top level football is probably a rather small world.

We'll definitely ship out a good few. There's so much shit in the squad.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    I have absolutely no idea where Birmingham go from here. The scariest part is that I don't think the board do either (providing they exist, as nobody seems to know who they are). Our biggest signing will be a permanent manager and Redknapp has been very enthusiastic since he came in for the final three games and there's no doubt he got a massive improvement out of the team after what can only be described as one of the most disgusting runs in managerial history finally came to an end. If he's willing, I'd take him for a year and see how we go.

Here's a nice bit of trivia to document just how fucking shit we are that I think the likes of @Jimmy Floyd will appreciate. The last time Birmingham City had a centre forward that scored 20 goals in all competitions (all fucking competitions, never mind the fucking league) was 1994/95 with Steve Claridge. Will we sign a good center forward this year? Will we fuck. We'll probably get Crouch.
    Get Forssell back.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's quite incredible, actually. Especially as you've had at least a couple of promotion seasons.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it seems Chelsea are mad on Stockdale so I assume we're getting Courtois in return.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Well it seems Chelsea are mad on Stockdale so I assume we're getting Courtois in return.
    A very strange rumour. Stockdale has always had an error in him (though he's been good this season) which is only going to get worse with long spells on the bench.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7om - Birmingham havent have a good striker since Dugarry. :d
    I give up with them these days and only really look at the results.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get Forssell back.
    I was about to say the same. Thought he would've gotten twenty in all competitions as he scored 17(?) in the Prem alone.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by summsuccess View Post
    7om - Birmingham havent have a good striker since Dugarry. :d
    I give up with them these days and only really look at the results.
    Yeah, Dugarry was superb but he was never a goalscorer for us. As a fan of the club since a child we've never been a team that has played good football or played a free-flowing, attacking style. It's always been grinding, counter-attack and getting goals on the break. Maybe that's why we can't attract good forwards.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very strange rumour. Stockdale has always had an error in him (though he's been good this season) which is only going to get worse with long spells on the bench.
    Fair point. It's probably to fill their English quota.

Never thought he was particularly good, so it'd work out quite nicely I reckon as Chelsea would probably pay a fair bit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    70m - I had the misfortune of following them a little too closely when my ex partner and I used to go to St Andrews when Steve Bruce was in charge but it all went downhill when Alex McLeish turned up. I have no qualms in admitting that I didnt enjoy going during that period as it was so toxic.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair point. It's probably to fill their English quota.

Never thought he was particularly good, so it'd work out quite nicely I reckon as Chelsea would probably pay a fair bit.
    He's out of contract.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsrevolution View Post
    Clayton Donaldson could always put away some goals. Has he been injured this season? Not herd from him. York City legend.
    He has been injured but in the Championship he's no more than a 15 goal per season player.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bad news is that Hughton will have worked with Heurelho Gomes before.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah. Our recruitment has been spot on recently so we've probably got some good options lined up.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United need a forward, a top, top Michael Carrick replacement (Carrick should get another year), a centre back, and possibly another PRESSING midfielder for when Ander Herrera injures himself or gets suspended. Wayne Rooney leaving seems to be nailed on, but there can't be that many following him. World Clashley Young has probably saved himself, so maybe one of Chris Smalling and Phil Jones (FFEC), and hopefully not Dave Gayer.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need competition for both wing backs, a centre forward for when Costa cries off somewhere, a midfielder that isn't as lazy as Matic, and seemingly a crap English goalkeeper.

Oh and a centre half.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Announce Stockdale.'

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah. Our recruitment has been spot on recently so we've probably got some good options lined up.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with Maenpaa, with Walton as back up.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mäenpää is dogshit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with Maenpaa, with Walton as back up.
    Hmm, interesting. I would've thought he'd have got more of a look in if Hughton saw him as a possible number 1.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We basically need a whole new squad. Foderingham is good and I remember Alnwick as being competent from what little I've seen, but the rest of the side is a mess. Our best player this season is in his late thirties, and our second best is in his even later thirties.

We have to build the side around Jordan Rossiter, assuming his run of injuries this season wasn't indicative of a long term pattern.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A summer of rest for Fellainimania will be like a new signing. Maybe two.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    We basically need a whole new squad. Foderingham is good and I remember Alnwick as being competent from what little I've seen, but the rest of the side is a mess. Our best player this season is in his late thirties, and our second best is in his even later thirties.

We have to build the side around Jordan Rossiter, assuming his run of injuries this season wasn't indicative of a long term pattern.
    We could do with about 15 players but realistically I'd like to see 6 first team players come in. Players to leave/set fire to:

Kiernan
    Senderos
    Halliday
    O'Halloran
    Forrester
    Garner
    Windass

Toral & Hyndman will go back as well. I'd keep Hill around for another season as back up if we can.

Looks like Rashid Sumalia is close to signing and we've been linked with Bruno Alves but not sure on that one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huge summer for Bolton after our promotion. Those in bold I feel we need to keep hold off, everyone else can go and free up some space on the wage budget.

Loan players;

Le Fondre - Been great since coming in and seems to really enjoy it playing for us.
    Chris Long
    Andrew Taylor - One of our most consistent players all year.
    James Henry
    Tom Thorpe
    Solomon-Otabor

Contracted to us;

Jay Spearing - Had a great season playing in front of the back 4 or 3, good experience at Championship level.
    David Wheater - A must keep, he was fantastic at the back with Beevers, formed the most solid partnership I think I have ever seen at Bolton.
    Mark Davies
    Liam Trotter
    Dorian Dervite - Played well with a back 3 would keep him on but mainly as a squad player.
    Dean Moxey
    Lawrie Wilson
    Lewis Buxton
    Max Clayton - Young player with good potential, has been injury prone of late but worth a risk.
    Filipe Morais - Sensational record since coming in, 13 assists and 2 goals in half a season!
    Gary Madine - Squad player at best, I dont rate Gary at all, it seemed we couldnt get a win without him which is worrying we need to sign someone of a similar ilk but better quality.
    Reece Wabara

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Dugarry was superb but he was never a goalscorer for us. As a fan of the club since a child we've never been a team that has played good football or played a free-flowing, attacking style. It's always been grinding, counter-attack and getting goals on the break. Maybe that's why we can't attract good forwards.
    How's Che Adams doing for you lot?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recruitment last summer saw Cov go from two points outside the playoffs in 15/16 to two points clear of rock bottom this season, so hopefully Mark Robins has more about him than Tony Mowbray, who's spent the year being a voodoo curse to any club he's even so much as linked with

Released:
    Nathan Clarke
    Kevin Foley
    Vladimir Gadzhev
    Andy Rose
    Ruben Lameiras
    Marcus Tudgay
    Jack Finch

Out of contract, offered new deal:
    Lee Burge
    Chris Stokes
    George Thomas
    Ryan Haynes
    Gael Bigirimana
    Dion Kelly-Evans

Under contract:
    Reice Charles-Cook
    Cian Harries
    Jordan Willis
    Ben Stevenson
    Kyel Reid
    Kwame Thomas
    Jodi Jones

Under contract but with option to leave due to relegation clause:
    Jordan Turnbull
    Stuart Beavon

I imagine most of the player offered deals with say no and a few under contract will be sold (Willis and Stevenson had offers in January) but considering that they all contributed to the worst team I've ever seen they can all be drowned in a lake for all it really matters.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    United need a forward, a top, top Michael Carrick replacement (Carrick should get another year), a centre back, and possibly another PRESSING midfielder for when Ander Herrera injures himself or gets suspended. Wayne Rooney leaving seems to be nailed on, but there can't be that many following him. World Clashley Young has probably saved himself, so maybe one of Chris Smalling and Phil Jones (FFEC), and hopefully not Dave Gayer.
    I think we'll lose Rooney, one of the chuckle brother defenders and DDG. There were some reports he'd grown tired of Fellimania but I doubt that can ever happen to any manager. Ever.

Linked with Michael Keane, Tierney (Celtic), Griezeman, Um'Bop from Monaco and Bernardo Silva. Worryingly we're also linked with Joe Hart.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rooney is coming to HCMC, Vietnam.

You heard it here first.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll drive him there.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every in-house defence of Fellainimania you ever hear seems to stress his willingness to blindly follow tactical instructions (how well he then carries them out is another issue), so you can see why people like 'LvG' and the current FRAUD would love having him around.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *busted flush

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool spending Ł25m on Michael Keane is ridiculous. Even more so when you consider he left United for Ł2m two years ago. And even more more so when apparently a player like Fabregas is available for not much more.

I hope Liverpool get Ryan Bertrand as this summers Southampton big-buy. And hold onto Phil & Bob no matter what!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of a false comparison. Keane is young and English and can demand that sort of fee. Fabregas is over 30 and on the wane in comparison.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bertrand, Van Dijk and whatever is left in the coffers on Matt Le Tissier.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Bit of a false comparison. Keane is young and English and can demand that sort of fee. Fabregas is over 30 and on the wane in comparison.
    And Fabregas doesn't play centre half. You've had a mare here Baz.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    How's Che Adams doing for you lot?
    He was making steady progress under Rowett but fell away under Zola and just never found a regular spot in the team. I don't think we quite know what his best position is, though. We've tried him as a number 9 and a number 10. Where did he play for Sheffield United?

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was making steady progress under Rowett but fell away under Zola and just never found a regular spot in the team. I don't think we quite know what his best position is, though. We've tried him as a number 9 and a number 10. Where did he play for Sheffield United?
    Similar situation with us really. We had him up top, just behind Sharp and on the wing. Never really settled in one place and can't even remember where he did best in honesty. Probably up top I guess.

He can be brilliant on his day but would often blow hot and cold. That said, we were mid-table with a clueless manager for most of his time, so he might have stormed it this season when we've been playing well.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked and I'm surprised to see he only got 7 goals in all competitions this year, as I thought it was a lot more than that. We are piss poor, though. It's not really fair to judge him just yet.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *busted flush
    You're right. FRAUD. Don't United have some sort of buy back/percentage clause that could see them get Michael Keane for less than Liverpool are apparently going to spend on him? They should have just let them have Phil Jones all those years ago.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paulp Odba world record move from Juventus to United under FIFA investigation according to Sky.

Lol if true.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a worthwhile comparison when Liverpool are linked to both, I think.

I'd much rather have Fabregas, fwiw.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inter have sacked whoever they've got in charge at the moment, presumably because they're going to spend shit loads of money this summer and want a big name to lead THE PROJECT.

Is it time?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woy looks like a young Trump there.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inter have sacked whoever they've got in charge at the moment, presumably because they're going to spend shit loads of money this summer and want a big name to lead THE PROJECT.

Is it time?

Are they the ones that have just been taken over or is that Milan?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Milan. Inter got taken over a year or two back.