User Tag List

Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 2837

Thread: FIFA 17 - sponsored by Visa, MasterCard, McDonalds etc.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back up to around 130 now, I think. Typically there aren't any new marquee matchups, so I have fucktons of coins tied up in players that I'm not going to be able to sell until they actually decide to go live with the SBC. Still, should be able to make some decent money from them by the weekend.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had my biggest ever win.

8-1.

Dembele and Lewa both got hattricks, Thiago got 1 and the other was an own goal from a driven cross.

His goal was when I wasn't paying much attention after scoring the 7th.

Followed up with a 3-1 win.

Both of those after switching back to a 4-3-3(4). I think it leaves me too open to play with in the WL when I get back there though but at least I'm starting to get the hang of it in DKT.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dropped a bollock by investing in Kante's last night. Lost a few hundred thousand coins and as a result have thought "fuck it" and spent the rest on a team rather than waiting for TOTS and the inevitable price drop.

I'll up it in a minute.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just pulling together the bench and appropriate chem cards now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks dynamite, Yev. I'd assume Gomez is probably a bit weak to play up front on his own, particularly with two fellow little people as his support, but as a whole that looks shit hot and it wouldn't be hard to sub in some version of Icardi if Gomez does shit his pants.

I only have one side at the moment, with every other team I've made disappointing in some fundamental way, but that means I have a little under two million coins in the bank for TOTS players, with another four hundred or so thousand to come from selling players who aren't first choice when the time comes that space is required in the squad.

Cabral is a test for the moment, and I have Pepe, SIF Godin, and IF Alvaro there to step in if he's crap, all of whom I've used and liked. This is comfortably the best side I've had in any iteration of Ultimate Team.

@The Merse why wouldn't you plug the better Thiago into that first hybrid?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @John

I'm just testing a few players tonight and tomorrow in D1 whilst rotating for fitness. I'll settle on two sides this weekend and will use only one Thiago between the two then (the new one obviously) but for now, I'll keep with the separate cards to keep fitness at 100%. The new one scored twice on his debut and you reallly can feel that little bit of a difference in the upgrade.

I've got a fourth hybrid almost built to showcase SBC Higuain and finally give Dybala a crack, as well as the red SIF Bernardo Silva I've been holding onto, and the IF Inter midfield I've been keen to get a hold of.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yevrah I'd maybe suggest Icardi as a lone striker above Gomez. His 88 card is only 45k and I'm sure it has 97 finishing. You don't get the skill moves but he's strong to make up for it.

I like this thread. Between the lot of us who play, none seem to have the same team and most with different ideas and hybrids. It's a far cry from facing Smalling, Bailly and Butland every game at the weekends.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't bench the other for fitness whenever one of the Thiagos is playing, so you gain nothing on that front from using the inferior player. I'd assumed you were testing to see if the upgrade was worth it, but if you've already decided to stick with the newer one then I can't see the value.

I used 87 Bernardo Silva for a short time, and while he's obviously not exactly the same as the one you'll be using I got the impression he could probably drop about five off most stats and still be incredibly effective, so he should work out nicely. I would suggest getting SIF Nelson Semedo though. You'll take a bit of a chemistry hit on him and Silva, which isn't ideal, but he's so much better than that Pereira mug that the difference will be more than made up for in overall performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I like this thread. Between the lot of us who play, none seem to have the same team and most with different ideas and hybrids. It's a far cry from facing Smalling, Bailly and Butland every game at the weekends.

I enjoy seeing the different sides people are coming up with in here, even though I have little intention of going down the route of several hybrid sides myself. It's a shame the WL wasn't around the first couple of years I played this, because I was all about finding ways to fit together mad sides from four different leagues then.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You can't bench the other for fitness whenever one of the Thiagos is playing, so you gain nothing on that front from using the inferior player. I'd assumed you were testing to see if the upgrade was worth it, but if you've already decided to stick with the newer one then I can't see the value.
    Checking if he was worth it was also a part of the exercise. He is, and so I'll be selling him just before the weekend when prices should be at a premium. Until then, I agree and will be taking him out for the TOKO version and using fitness cards for him if needed as I've got 500 odd in reserve.

I used 87 Bernardo Silva for a short time, and while he's obviously not exactly the same as the one you'll be using I got the impression he could probably drop about five off most stats and still be incredibly effective, so he should work out nicely. I would suggest getting SIF Nelson Semedo though. You'll take a bit of a chemistry hit on him and Silva, which isn't ideal, but he's so much better than that Pereira mug that the difference will be more than made up for in overall performance.
    He did look a good option but I'm determined to use Perreira as I really liked his standard card near the start of the game, so keen to give the IF a wee go. I'll keep it in mind though if I don't like the defence. I'm not 100% convinced I'll like Miranda as it is.

@Gray Fox
    It's definitely easier this time around. The spread of desirable players is far broader (across the leagues) - is always struggled to get more than one league or nation in a hybrid til this year. I just wish I had time to play more than 6-7 games a week with them this year.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any companion app users finding they can't log in? Mine was working fine until last night, but today it's telling me the EA account servers are down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope in the new version they amend a few things.

Personally I hope they change weekend league to some other type of ranking system. 40 games in 3 days is a bit too intense for my liking but I imagine there's some people who manage to get them in most weeks. I'm not sure how they'd do it without rewarding those who play the most games but some sort of laddered ranking system which is constantly in the game would be preferred from my point of view.

I don't think they'll do this one but I hope they re-work the chemistry system. It's just never made any sense to me, it's called Ultimate team, surely I should be able to put together any combination of players I want? It doesn't make much sense that someone like Fabregas gets a link to Chris Smalling but doesn't get a link to say Messi, who he spent years playing with at Barcelona. Obviously that's pretty impossible to code into the game but maybe some sort of system where if players play a certain amount of games with each other in your club they gain chemistry. E.g. 50 games 3 chemistry, 200 games 7 chemistry. 400 games 10 chemistry. The numbers may need revisiting but would be cool to see it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want the AI to be interesting to play against. Just in case this year is the year Konami put Pro Evo to bed.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glorious.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the TOTT tradeable as I only needed to buy an IF and TOTT player.

Got Cabral

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Lemmo I like the chem system. Getting rid of it would kill off the beauty of a well worked hybrid and a lot of the community stuff. Having said that, I'm totally behind extending the Loyalty stuff to boost players Chem based on games for the club. I've seen Nepenethez and the like asking for that and it seems well reasoned.

I'd like to see better position changes - e.g. RW-LW (they're pretty much interchangeable positions these days).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I've been wanting chem based on games played for your club higher than 1 for 10 games played and more position changes.

I wouldn't say no to being able to move wingers to CAM but then you'd see people stack their midfield with them.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, regarding WL.

I think 3 days is achievable but they need to tweak the times because it's harsh as fuck on Europeans.

7am start/end is fucking bullshit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking Cabral again.

I'm done.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one in the TOTW for me although it looks pretty decent.

Potentially facing an actual striker Martial is terrifying.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Immobile. 99 reactions.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP marquee matchups

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm stunned that they didn't do any this week, especially with the Manchester derby.

If it's for the weekend then Spurs/Arsenal, Lazio/Roma and Spartak/CSKA seem like locks.

But they don't usually wait until Friday.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got way too many coins invested for there to not be any this week. Will hold out until the weekend in the hope they release them tomorrow, otherwise I'm just going to assume there won't be any until after the Alli/Kante SBCs expire & start investing for TOTS.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm now 1 game away from having the same amount of wins as losses, I think the last time it was even was at 0-0.

239-35-240, so I guess I'm guaranteed to go on a losing streak now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's going to be an SBC for a TOTS player, isn't there?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely. Better stock up on 86+ rated players & IF cards before they all vanish.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doing that myself. I had a choice, well 3 to be exact -
    1. But Dybala and TIF Perisic to finish off Hybrid 3.
    2. Sell the high value IFs in Hybrid 3 (at a profit) and stockpile cards
    3. Sell H3 IF's and Aubameyang and buy TOKO (90) Aubameyang

I was very tempted by (3) but went for (2). Hopefully good things happen.

I'm also anticipating a full 40 game FUT Champs run this weekend for the first time since January.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EA have thrown in a couple of curveballs with the Marquee Matchups, but I've got lucky & had just enough players to not have to buy anyone from the featured teams.
    Also still had a few Ingolstadt players stocked up from the SBC so should still make some coins.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bastards.

My money is on getting Kruse this week.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kept last week's TOTW pack until yesterday to see if I could get anything better. Got Ganso, so not really. Hopefully this one will be better, but probably not.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    86 Dembele?

Hopefully that'll cause his OTW to dip back to 100k once FUT Champs is over.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wont, his OTW wont change as it's not an IF.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, I'm hoping the OTW drops as people try out the higher rate card instead.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Sir Andy Mahowry that's @Dan's point - The MOTM will be the highest rated card so the OTW could depreciate in value.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah sorry, I read that as raising in that Dan would want to sell.

Derp.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was debating not completing the maruqee matchups this week, as it looks like I'm going to have to spend 15k to get up to ratings in the La Liga & PL matchups, but I guess that's effectively 15k for four packs & a TOTW card, which will be at least 20k, so I suppose I'm back to doing it

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent about 40k to do mine.

I got Jarstein as my IF, which is a bit cheap but I'm not mad at.

An 85 IF could bring some money depending on SBCs that drop so I'll keep him around.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Downloading this on EA Access, haven't played one since about Fifa 12. I look forward to getting destroyed.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You always seem quite good at working out how to be good at games DS, so I look forward to seeing how you go about it here.

Will you be Ultimate Teaming it?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll see, I've not followed a Fifa in ages so its all brand new to me. Once I get the gist of it I'm up for some games.

Add me: DorkSirjur

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, will do next time I'm on.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent a little coins on jiggling my 2nd team about. Koke at CAM was costing me goals in games. It comes with compromise at the back, but one that I want to try out.

In come 86 Fekir for 87k, Jordi Alba for 25k and I use my red Alvaro. I still have 50k left. I'd love to fix the chemistry issue in team 2, but only Pique being at CB solves anything and his standard card isn't appealing to me.

Team 1:

Team 2:

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TOTW pack two for this week...De Preville.

He sells for 11k BIN Fuck me that's awful. Guess I'll hold him until TOTS & hope to get a few thousand more.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I still have 50k left. I'd love to fix the chemistry issue in team 2, but only Pique being at CB solves anything and his standard card isn't appealing to me.
    Wouldn't De Gea in goal or Azpilacueta improve it?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldnt put Azpilacueta in goal

Reading all the posts in here makes me want to get involved in FIFA but the game usually bores me to tears really quickly these days

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CB Azpilacueta would indeed fix my issue, but he's 90k and as of typing I have 66k.

The only way to do it now would be to downgrade from TOTKS Fekir to MOTM Fekir. That'd free up 35k or so, but as he's started with 4 goals and 7 assists in his first 4 games, I don't really want to pull him out.

Gameplay has felt awful tonight. So much so I'm still only 5-1. I have found myself playing great fifa though. My only loss coming in a game where I came back from 3-0 down to make it 3-3. I was then on top, but spurned two 1v1 chances, first with Torres and then Tolisso. He made me pay and caught me napping on the break again shortly after. A powerful header from a corner put it back to 5-4. I pushed like hell and got one last chance, with a ball in to Fekir in a very crowded box, he had to hit it first time under pressure. Inexplicably used his right foot and it cannoned wide, out off the post.

15 wins this week to hit Gold 1 monthly, 27 needed for Elite 3. The latter would mean playing 34 games tomorrow, which I've nearly done in a night session before. In truth, going for the 27 will depend entirely how many games I've lost when I hit 18. I'll need to be winning 7 of every 10 games to get there, but sods law says I'll be getting 26 wins for the 3rd week running.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transfer list has bugged out. Hopefully that hasn't erased all the players on it.

Half the transfer market seems to be missing too, so EA have fucked something up.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logging into the app every few mins to get in there quick. I have 20 odd duplicates of 83-86 players and TOTWs so may be able to make some profits listing them at a high price as soon as the market is back up.
    Annoyingly I just sold TIF Thauvin and TOKO Fekir last night.